Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe Reviews

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/29/2019

Unforgettable!!!!!

After looking at over 40 different venues I fond this gem! The cost fit well with in our budget and couldn't have asked for anything better! Alexandra Jordan was our wedding planner extraordinaire! She is one of the most professional, kind, detail oriented people I have ever had the pleasure of working with! From our first meeting to the day after our wedding she treated us like family! Every little detail, question, and task giving given to her was treated with such careful care and consideration that we were blown away! She kept us under budget, on time, and the entire staff executed our day beyond are expectations! Every staff member we came in contact with treated us with such care and kindness it will not ever be forgotten! We gave Alex our vision and all the decor and she placed everything exactly how we wanted it and even surprised us with decor placed in ways we wouldn't have thought! It was perfect! We started off with the a welcome champagne toast on a 6ft round table (Alex's idea) as the guests arrived, the ceremony was in their courtyard. Cocktail hour had 2 bars, a charcuterie and cheese station, and 4 hand passed hors d'oervers. We had round and long tables staggered in the ball rooms for our reception with the dance floor in the middle and a sweetheart table on a platform in front of it! Dinner consisted of a 3 course sit down meal with dual protein entree! The food was incredible! All of our guests couldn't wait for dinner to be over to tell us how amazing everything was! Saying, "I never really like wedding food but, all the hors d'oervers, soup, salad, and entrees were spectacular!" Alex had lots of recommendations for other vendors. We hired Memories in Bloom as our florist and 2nd II None as our DJ/Photo Booth vendors. Both went above and beyond to make our day magnificent! Some of the little things people rarely talk about are specifics as to how someone went above and beyond. Not me! When setting up the reception Alex noticed we had an uneven count on pillar candles, so she ran out to the store without being asked and picked up a few things we/she needed to make everything perfect! Hair and makeup was taking a lot more time and put us in a crunch but, Alex handled it with ease. Assuring us that everything would work out and not to worry! I honestly can't thank the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Southpointe enough for creating the wedding of our dreams!!!!! Needless to say I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE & ALEXANDRA JORDAN, Wedding Planner Extraordinaire!!!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe 16
    Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe 17
    Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe 18

Josh Grimm · Married on 11/10/2018

Stop searching for venues and go here!

Alex was beyond exceptional! We booked our wedding reception more than a year and a half early and she maintained contact with us throughout that whole time. Of course she was busy with many other weddings but she always made sure to get back to us in a timely manner with our many questions. We started following their intstagram page which helped us with many of the ideas for our reception. Alex and her team decorated the place beautifully and made our night one to remember. The food was absolutely wonderful too! We are still getting compliments about our reception almost 2 months after the fact. It also helps that their reception packages are very affordable! Seriously, stop looking for venues and get on Hilton Garden Inn at Southpointe's calendar before they're booked! We promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Erika

Erika Seth · Married on 08/31/2018

Alex is Amazing!

I booked my wedding/reception venue about six weeks before the actual day. I then had to plan a wedding in about a month! When I booked with the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, I was introduced to Alex, our wedding coordinator. Alex was BEYOND AMAZING. I can't even begin to tell you how perfect she was. She was always available to answer any questions I had, she led me through the entire planning process. When my wedding day came, I was so nervous. Alex set up the ceremony and reception hall exactly as I envisioned it. She really listened to what I wanted and she made everything look fairytale perfect. I feel like she went above and beyond for us. She bustled my dress for me (because my mom couldn't figure it out, lol) and treated me like I was royalty. There wasn't a thing she didn't do or wouldn't do to make my day perfect. I feel like I was blessed to have found her and I was sad when the wedding was over because at the end, she felt like family! Alex, if you read this THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are amazing at what you do! Anyone on the fence about this venue....I guarantee you will not be disappointed, especially if you work with Alex.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Britanni · Married on 07/27/2018

There are no words to describe how perfect my husband and I's wedding day was on 7/27/18. Joanna, our wedding coordinator at the Hilton, was phenomenal. She was able to make my vision come alive from the ceremony to the reception and beyond. When I was feeling nervous or stressed, Joanna was always there for me. She kept me calm, cool and collected throughout the entire planning process, rehearsal and on our wedding day. On our wedding day, I was nervous and excited, like every bride. Alex, the other wedding coordinator, came in and visited me when my bridesmaids and I were getting ready and asked if I needed anything to eat, drink or anything else she could do. She brought me cereal, which was amazing because I knew I couldn't stomach a heavy breakfast with all the nerves! The food was delicious all around! The accommodations were excellent, especially with the new renovations. The courtyard ceremony site was perfect. Honestly, I can't believe how perfect it was. Thank you, Joanna, for making our wedding day perfect and everything I ever dreamed of. <3 I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Southpointe. You want everything you ever dreamed of in one place for your wedding day. This is where you go!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe's reply:

We loved being a part of your day! :)

Jaclyn · Married on 11/18/2017

Alex was the wedding coordinator provided by the venue for our wedding. She is seriously amazing! She made planning the reception details effortless. It was to easy since everything was included. I couldn't imagine or want to have to co-ordinate all of the tables/chairs, lines, glassware, silverware etc if I had gone with a venue you had to bring everything in. She was so responsive to emails, and helped us throw together a next day breakfast the week of. I had been to 3 weddings at the Hilton Garden Inn before my own wedding. All of them were fantastic and SO different for the same space. We got married in their off season and they had a great discount and upgrades available. Thank you to Alex and the awesome staff at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Cathy · Married on 10/14/2017

the entire experience was perfect!! The site was beautiful & the staff was helpful & accommodating. Joanna was a true gem -- focused on ensuring that we enjoyed every single minute of the event while she attended to the details. Our daughter & new son-in-law had an absolute perfect beginning to their marriage!! Would recommend without hesitation!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Sara · Married on 07/15/2017

We chose Hilton Garden Inn Southpointe for our wedding reception. Alex was our wedding coordinator through the hotel, and she was INCREDIBLE!!!! She was so helpful throughout the beginning stages, through the day of the wedding! I cannot say enough about how valuable she was to our wedding. I had a beach theme wedding, and I provided many decorations. I provided shells and just asked them to spread them around the room- it was better than my imagination could have done! They made sure that everything about our day was absolutely perfect, and if I had to do it all over again I would still use Hilton Garden Inn- and of course, Alex!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe's reply:

Thank you Sara! We are so happy you enjoyed your day! :)

Annette · Married on 12/30/2016

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Easy to work with and customize to your wants and needs.

Sent on 09/20/2016

The venue, food and location are perfect for my wedding, since I have family coming from all over southwestern PA. Alex is an awesome person and she knows exactly what you want before you do. She knows the best way to take your dreams/ideas and turn them into a reality making my soon to be wedding day spectacular! I can not wait to see my reception venue all decorated and finished on my wedding day! She is the BEST!!! The food is amazing! Everything is amazing!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe's reply:

We're so excited for you too! :)
  • I am Mrs. rjd

Beverly · Married on 09/10/2016

Our wedding was amazing! We had so many compliments from our guests--several people told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended.
    We worked with Alex, who is so nice and so friendly. When we started planning, our ceremony was supposed to be at a different venue. Four days before the ceremony, we found out that we couldn't have our ceremony as originally scheduled. I found out at 1:00 and was meeting Alex at 2 to finalize reception details and make our final payment. When I told her about losing our ceremony site, she immediately went into action and assured us that they would take care of us--and they did. Even though they have a lovely outdoor area for ceremonies, I didn't want to be married outside--the weather prediction was for 85 degrees and humid, which would be difficult for many of our guests. She arranged for us to have a section of the ballroom for a ceremony site and with the help of our florist, they made it very pretty.
    I loved the Chef's Table, where we tasted so many of the menu items. Before attending, we had made tentative choices of our entrees; after the tasting, we changed one of our choices because it wasn't what we had thought. And we were served full sized servings--we were so full after the tasting!
    Our reception was perfect. The food was delicious, the service was super, the bartenders were friendly. The room was set up perfectly--I loved that the gift table was on the opposite side of the room from the doors--we didn't have to worry about someone sneaking in and stealing anything, which, unfortunately, sometimes happens at weddings. Our cookies were displayed beautifully and the gourmet coffee station was a nice touch.
    Some venues charge extra for plating cookies and cake cutting. I was pleased that it was included in the package price.
    I am so glad that we chose the Hilton Garden Inn for our wedding--we had a beautiful wedding and were treated very well by Alex and all the staff.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2016

We LOVED the Hilton Garden Inn at Southpointe! We worked with Alexandra and she made all of the planning so easy throughout the entire process. When we walked into the venue at our reception, the room looked exactly how I had pictured everything. The guests raved about the food and the staff were the utmost professional. One of the best choices we made throughout the entire wedding planning process was to pick this place. I would absolutely recommend it! Thank you Hilton Garden Inn and thank you Alexandra!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Anne · Married on 07/15/2016

Alexandra Jordan was my wedding coordinator at the Hilton. She was amazing and fun to work with. I was the MOB. Alex told me her job was to make this wedding the most wonderful day of my daughter's life and a stress free joyous event for my husband and me. She did exactly that and more. It was the perfect wedding down to the last detail. Alex was always available by phone or email to coach me through every special touch that I wanted and suggested things that would make the reception unique in everyway. She was so knowledgable one would thing she put bride magazine and pinterest in a blender and drank them daily! Her services were complimentary as part of the package. Hilton was the perfect venue. The hotel was clean, beautiful, and so spacious. The food was the best I have had at any wedding. Service was fast and the serving staff were mature, helpful and always smiling.
    The wedding was in south hills of Pittsburgh. The entire wedding party lived all over the United States and one girl came from Argentina. Many of the guests also came large distances. The bride and groom were in Nashville. The groom's parents were in Rhode Island. As MOB, I was alone. Alex was the key to everything. I love that girl!!!! She made my daughter's wedding, according to many, many of my guests, the best party they have ever attended.
    The Hilton at southpoint was so spacious and comfortable! We had a large reception area, outdoor and indoor bar and all three ballrooms. We were the only event that evening. It was as if the entire hotel existed exclusively for my daughter's wedding.
    As the DJ played the last song from Dirty Dancing, "I've had the time of my life", and the groom carried the bride out of the reception, I thought to myself, that says it all.
    We had the time of our life ! Thank you Alexander Jordan. Thank you to all the wonderful people at the Hilton Southpoint.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Katelyn · Married on 11/07/2015

The Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe made all of our dreams come true. Alex, our wedding coordinator from the Hilton Garden Inn, was simply amazing. If there was a word better than amazing, she would be that. As the bride, I could have never made it through the planning without her. She was there for us from the day we came to see the venue until the reception. She answered all of our questions and had some of the best suggestions. For example: Our florist shorted us one bouquet, and we did not notice until 5 minutes before the limo arrived. One of my bridesmaids found Alex and within two seconds she had my toss bouquet ready for my bridesmaid, I did not even have time to panic. She literally was a godsend. The hotel staff was very friendly, attentive, and the hotel rooms for our guests were beautiful. Our guests raved about the food and how perfect everything was. For a couple who has had the worst luck, we were terrified that something would go wrong. Alex was there a million times to assure us that it would be perfect... and it was! I would 100% recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Southpointe for your venue/reception.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/29/2015

I could not have picked a better venue for our wedding & reception! First of all, we visited a few venues and what got us to the Hilton Garden Inn was the wedding coordinator, Alex. She is super up beat, ready and willing to work with us, and always eased my stress when I was nervous about how something would turn out. She always had everything under control, contacted all my vendors herself for setup times and what not, and really took a lot of the weight off my shoulders when it came to decorating, center pieces, cookies, keeping tabs on the groom and parents, etc. She was so easy to work with and flexible with her schedule to suite us. She was all about the bride and groom, where other venues were all about money. The venue itself was beautiful and the uplighting and monogram of our last initial was AWESOME!! Thanks, Kenny!!! I would highly recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Brittany · Married on 07/11/2015

We worked with Alex and she was so helpful! She made everything so perfect for us! The food was amazing and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/10/2015

This was the perfect site for our reception and ceremony. Everything is very reasonably priced and you get a lot for what you pay! If I had to choose again, I would still have my wedding at the Hilton!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Marisa · Married on 08/17/2013

Meaghan & the entire crew at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe really succeeded in giving us the BEST night of our lives. Every single detail of our wedding reception was perfect. The attention to detail at this venue is impeccable. When we walked into the ballroom for our "room reveal", we were absolutely blown away. To picture everything in your head is one thing, but to have a team so intent on making that dream reality is something really special.

The food was great (filet/chicken, filet/salmon & vegetarian), the linens were beautiful and the set-up was flawless. It's great to have a venue that will tray the cookies for you, and the coffee station is a great touch. They also take care of calling your vendors & setting up drop-off and pick-up times. They make wedding planning a breeze!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Shaun · Married on 10/13/2012

Great overall venue. Had a our ceremony and reception on site - everything was perfect! Food was awesome, venue was very accommodating and we were treated as if we were there only occasion this year!

Sent on 11/02/2012

amy · Married on 09/24/2011

The Hilton Garden Inn did a wonderful job helping my husband and I plan the perfect reception. The food was excellent, the staff treated our guests like gold and the price was exceptional for everything that was included! The guest rooms were very reasonably priced and were very nice too!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Beth · Married on 05/03/2008

Accomodating, willing to go the extra mile to give personal attention. Flambe presentation was a huge hit

Sent on 06/05/2008

Christina · Married on 07/22/2017

My wedding reception was AMAZING! Alexandra was my wedding coordinator & she was absolutely wonderful! She was honest & helped me through every question that I had. I walked in on my wedding day absolutely stress free! It looked exactly how I wanted it to! I highly recommend :)

Sent on 07/30/2017

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Southpointe's reply:

We are so happy that you are happy! Thank you for celebrating your day with us!

Voice your wants and needs. They will accommodate

Sent on 10/03/2015

Fantastic venue for a wedding. Food was amazing and the service was top notch.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Thank you so much! We loved being a part of your day :) #weloveourweddings

Stephanie · Married on 09/09/2011

I loved having everything at one location, our ceremony was outside in their beautiful courtyard and then guests could walk right inside for cocktail hour and then right into the ballroom for the reception. Beautiful location, great service, great food! My coordinator was Rebecca and she made everything go perfect. Ask for her!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Donna · Married on 03/08/2014

We loved the services provided by the Hilton Garden Inn. We not only chose them for our ceremony and reception but we also had our rehearsal dinner there! The food and services were phenomenal!

Alex did such an amazing job putting all of our ideas together. Our ballroom was breath taking. The staff made us feel so special and did a wonderful job making our wedding weekend more than perfect!

Sent on 04/21/2014