Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh Reviews

19 | Nottingham, MD

19 Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh

Alysha · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing venue!!!

Our big day was yesterday 2/23/2019. This hotel is AMAZING. They made my wedding experience flawless and I enjoyed every second of it. Julia is the best there is! She was always available to talk or answer questions! The banquet staff was the best as well. I can tell that Stacy has a ton of experience with weddings and enjoys his job! He made the rehearsal and day of so smooth and offered great insight to help make my day better! I got so many compliments the next day about the staff and the environment! Please consider booking this venue for your big day!!!

Sent on 02/24/2019

shari · Married on 05/19/2018

Julia Schaeffer was amazing to work with. She provided everything possible to make our wedding day perfect. I didn't want for anything. Her banquet manager, Stacy, was so great as well. I will definitely be back for our renewal of our vows!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/21/2017

The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was AMAZING!! Julia was the best, she answered every crazy question and concern that I had. Everything went perfectly the evening of my reception. A special thanks to Stacey the banquet manager he went above and beyond to ensure that my husband an I had a perfect night. I cant thank them enough for everything.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/07/2017

Julia and Stacey were amazing the definitely made sure our big day was as special as I visioned it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Delores · Married on 03/18/2017

Julia was awesome. She was very flexible and accomadating. Very easy to get and contact with and very professional. I absolutely have no complaints. Our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/05/2016

Our experience at the Hilton Garden Inn was perfect!! They helped make our day ALL that we imagined it would be. They were very accommodating and didn't care when we changed our mind or add additional things. The price was great and location was perfect for all our out of town guests! Julie the wedding coordinator and the rest of the staff really went out of their way to help make our day special. They couldn't have been nicer.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Ariel · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed having our wedding here! Everyone from Julia Schaefer to the concierge was extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. On our wedding day, every single detail was nailed and our vision came to life. We will recommend this location to anyone for future events.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 02/20/2016

Julia was beyond a doubt the best perk of having my wedding at the Hilton. I am a bit on the OCD crazy side and when I would have a question for her she was back to me as quick as possible!!! The food was wonderful everyone loved it!!! The hall was beautiful and they were accommodating to our needs and wants!!! They were willing to work with me to make sure my day was everything I wanted it to be and in the end it was. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams!!!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Mark · Married on 09/19/2015

Julia was fantastic! Highly recommend this venue. Will be recommending to friends

Sent on 11/18/2015

Shamia · Married on 09/06/2015

Ms.julia was awesome! From the start she was so genuine and so professional about everything. She handle almost everything except the wedding dress lol! She always checked on us. I was pregnant and planning a wedding and she made everything smooth! Even when I didn't have a DJ TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING she found me one. I really appreciate her hospitality and her big heart! She will always be someone in our lives we greatly appreciate!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Jamie · Married on 08/08/2015

Julia was great to work with, the staff was super nice and always asking if they could help. Our wedding was about 70 people and it was nice and intimate setting and perfect size.

Sent on 02/12/2016

The staff at the Hilton have helped me so much with making sure my wedding will be exactly how I want it to be. if I have a question I know the answer within a hour or so.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Tara · Married on 07/07/2012

I would highly recommend this as a venue consideration. The entire staff was extremely helpful and made the entire process easy!

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/10/2011

Danielle and Stacy were amazing to work with. They were quick to respond and they did everything possible to make changes to the details and to make everything be to our specifications. They provided us a free night's stay and had our champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room after the reception. They thought of every detail. As Stacy said "your party is my party" and he certainly meant it. He checked in with all the guests to make sure everyone was ok. Our wedding reception was everthing we had hoped it would be and more. I would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn for your reception.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Kandy · Married on 05/14/2011

Our wedding and reception both took place at the Hilton Garden Inn-White Marsh. The food was great and everyone was raving about it. The room looked perfect. Stacey was wonderful to work with and made very helpful suggestions to ensure our day was perfect....and it was.

Sent on 05/19/2011

I could not have asked for a better staff to help us carry out our special day! The food was amazing and the entire hotel was amazingly receptive to all of our guests needs!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2009

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was very friendly. Each person met with me to go over the plans and make sure they set everything up the way that we envisioned it. Everything was perfect I would recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 09/20/2009

Allison · Married on 06/26/2010

We enjoyed having our wedding reception at Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh. The staff was very professional, and our event went off without a hitch! =)

Sent on 07/30/2010

Shekina Bradshaw · Married on 12/22/2018

2.4
      3.0
      3.0

Disappointing Experience- Would not Recommend

Pros:
    • Space of the venue is nice. There is a room for the ceremony, a foyer for cocktail hour, and a ballroom for the reception. Can accommodate small and large weddings.
    • We had to drastically cut our budget at the last minute and Julia extended our payment arrangement so that we could pay off the final bill in time.

Cons:
    • Food- The food during our tasting was way better than the food that was served at the wedding. The vegetables and starch sides were bland compared to what was given at our tasting. Disclaimer: we changed our meat option at the last minute and never had a tasting of the chicken that was served at the wedding.

• Cake- The cake was delicious; however, the cake table nor the cake was setup properly. The cake came in separate tiers instead of one complete three tiered cake. I was told that the bakery sets up the cake table, but nothing was done to the table at all. My guests had to help make the cake table look presentable.

• Event Setup- From our very first meeting with Julia we were told that they will take care of setup. In that initial meeting, she knew that we had our own chair covers and charger plates. We were NEVER told that WE had to put on the chair covers and set the charger plates, then break everything down. Why wait until the day of the wedding to tell someone that? Without my friends and family helping out, this would have been a disaster. Also, we stated that we wanted uplighting and Julia said no problem. On the Day of the Wedding, a service worker tried to take our uplights and proceeded to say “this is not in your contract” then they charged us $25 per light, which she NEVER mentioned.

Summary: From my experience, I would not recommend this venue. While we were planning, the coordinator told us the things we wanted to hear, but on the wedding day it seemed like everything changed. Please check your contracts, no matter what is said, if they didn’t write it in the Banquet Order, it doesn’t exist. Overall, the cost per person ended up being close to a higher end venue, so we really didn’t save that much money. Your wedding is supposed to be a special day and me and my husband didn’t feel special at all. Maybe we were not as important as her bigger parties (my wedding was 55 people) or maybe they had to many events going on to focus on the details of ours. Either way, it wasn’t a good feeling, and unfortunately this caused more disappointment

Sent on 12/27/2018

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh's reply:

We are very sorry to read on-line that your expectations were not met at your wedding reception. The many changes that were made throughout the planning of your event including the menu, room setup and payment were the culprit of many of your concerns shared in this review. We worked diligently with you throughout the entire process to stay within your budget restraints and all of the daily changes made. Perhaps there was some confusion with your understanding on what was included in the package you selected. That would be understandable considering all of the changes that were made by you throughout the process. This is certainly a first for us having to respond to such a review. We take tremendous pride in our service and product and we are disappointed you were not happy with the end result. Again, please accept our apologies if we did not meet your expectations.