Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn Reviews

14 | Oak Lawn, IL

14 Reviews for Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn

• Erica

Erica · Married on 08/05/2018

I began corresponding with Angela Freeman the Director or Catering at the Hilton last April. I emailed her for information on wedding packages and she immediately responded with thorough information. My now husband and I set up an appointment and we were BEYOND IMPRESSED!! Angela was so informative, consistent, thorough professional, patient, accomodating and one of the best professionals I have ever worked with during wedding planning and in my career. The Hilton was the best venue for our wedding celebration! The location. the package options for various budgets, working with Angela I mean it's a win win all around. We chose the all inclusive package that took care of all our wedding reception needs and not only were we impressed but our guests are still talking about how beautiful and elegant everything was and how great the service was. We thank Angela for helping to make our vision come to life.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Thank you so much Erica!!!! I LOVED working with both of you every step of the way!!!!

Laureb · Married on 10/21/2017

The overall room/venue was gorgeous. The wait staff was helpful and on top of things. Angela was amazing! Her response to my inquiries were prompt, she was so attentive on the day to make sure my wedding went smoothly.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

I really appreciate your feedback Lauren! Our team is still talking about your wedding and how great you were able to incorporate little pieces of you and your husband throughout!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2017

The Hilton was the absolute greatest place to get married. You get so much for your money not to mention they make it BEAUTIFUL. Angela Foreman made my day 10x less stressful than it should have been. She was absolutely wonderful! Any time I had a question, she got back to me within a half hour. Not 24 hours, not a few days, A HALF HOUR. No matter what time of day too. She was there to help with my entire rehearsal and was there from morning until night the day of my wedding to make sure everything was going okay. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Angela. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sarah! The rehearsal was a great time for me to get to know your family. I had a blast!!!

Jesica · Married on 02/04/2006

They were great. I planned my wedding in 3 months. They executed it all from start to finish. Becky was great she put up a lot of my stress. I was glad that the understood my vision and made everything enjoyable.

Sent on 10/07/2008
  • Matthew & Erin

Erin · Married on 11/09/2018

Literally nothing negative to say!

If you are debating even AT ALL, stop! Do it! Book The Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn. They are absolutely worth every single penny! My phone began auto-correcting the wedding coordinator's name from "Angela" to "Angel" and I stopped changing it!! Her average response time was quite literally an hour! When you are planning a wedding that is priceless! Furthermore, she never once said no to anything we requested! She would say that they were unable to accommodate my request in THAT way, but they COULD make it work in this alternative way. It showed they genuinely cared about making it everything we wanted and took the time to figure out a way to make that request work instead of just saying no! And they set up everything for you while you're enjoying your big day & ceremony! I just cannot say enough positive things about them. JUST DO IT!

(Oh, and everyone did say the dance floor was large & in great condition and food tasted good - not like "good for wedding food" but ACTUALLY good. That's unique! And she let us incorporate craft beer and an ice cream buffet bar!! Just so awesome).

Sent on 11/26/2018

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Erin! I had a blast planning with you and Matt and your centerpieces forever! They were incredible!!!

I can't say enough about how helpful the entire staff was for our wedding. Our original coordiantor did not give us correct information but I have to thank Heather who took over coordinating our wedding two months before our wedding date and made the process so much smoother. They were so flexible and amazing to work with.

Sent on 01/18/2014

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding. It was such a joy to share your special day with you. Thank you for sharing your comments on wedding wire as it helps other Brides-to-be when they are looking for locations. We wish you many amazing year together.

Sam · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a great experience. Angela was very accommodating and was very responsive via email. She also helped us out when a few members of the bridal party did not book their hotel room by the cut off date. We set up the reception area and it looked AMAZING!! We did have an issue with the bridal suite when we were all getting ready, which was on the warm side and we ended up tripping a breaker, but it was resolved relatively quickly.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Sam! We also appreciate the feedback on the bridal suite so we could correct it. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future!

Meghan · Married on 11/16/2013

We had our wedding at the Oaklawn Hilton and it was beautiful. Heather was a wonderful person to work with, she was very committed to making our wedding exactly what we wanted and she definitely went above and beyond to set everything up perfectly. She assisted us through the process and ensured everything went smoothly. I would recommend the Hilton to anyone. Thank you Heather!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Meghan,
    Congratulations on the beginning to your wonderful life with your new husband. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us! We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service and events team. We truly believe that service should be provided with one purpose in mind, to create memorable moments for you and the ones you love. We will be sure to recognize Heather for the positive impact she had on your stay. We hope you have an opportunity to come back and visit us.

Michele · Married on 11/30/2013

Great service. Appreciated the last minute upgrades.

Sent on 12/20/2013

3.5

We had our wedding reception at the Oak Lawn Hilton. The entire experience was wonderful from dealing with Heather in the planning aspect to our wedding reception as a whole. The wait staff were wonderful during the reception and made sure that all of our guests had a wonderful time. They were also attentive to my new husband and I during our reception. My husband and I spent the evening at the Hilton and we were amazed at the little touches Heather left for us in our suite. It just made the experience even more special for the both of us.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are honored to have shared your special day with you and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We certainly do strive to provide all of our brides with the level of service that you described you received during your reception and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We will be certain to recognize Heather for the positive impact she had on your experience. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kerry · Married on 07/20/2013

Overall it was a great experience everybody was quite professional and helpful! My only valid complaint is that my cake topper was thrown away and nobody could give me an explanation why that happened.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Kerry,
    Thank you for sharing your feedback and congratulation on your wedding! I am so pleased that we were able to share your special day with you. Please accept my sincere apologies about the oversight regarding your cake topper. Please message us directly is we can be of any further assistance regarding that.

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2006

The Hilton Oak Lawn is a little far out of town, but overall everything was beautiful and the reception went off without a hitch. The staff worked well with us to compensate for all our special needs, were never pushy and let everyone just have a good time. The food was decent and overall it wasn't especially expensive for what we got.

Sent on 10/14/2007
  • Missy

Missy · Married on 12/21/2018

3.2
      3.0

Good but not without its issues...

We were accommodated well at the Hilton. It was a great location and the rooms were nice. One of the biggest problems we really had was that we were told at the time of our original block that the pool would be available but when we arrived, we found out the hotel was renovating and the pool was out of the commission (one of the main reasons we booked with them). Unless it was an impromptu renovation, we weren’t told about this. Also there were no fridges in the rooms, and a few people were told on the phone they would get the room rate we were promised and were nearly charged full price at checkout.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Kiah · Married on 09/02/2018

3.2
      3.5
      2.5

Overall, very nice reception. Several small details that we were notified of following the reception (changes in bar package, ending cocktail hour 15 minutes early, etc) that would have been helpful to have prior knowledge to ensure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn's reply:

Thank you for your review Kiah! I am very sorry to hear that any aspect of the wedding was not to your expectations. We would love to speak with you further to get clarification on your concerns and address them appropriately. I will be contacting you directly to follow-up.

Angela Foreman