Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center Reviews

Marta · Married on 12/09/2017

From Start to finish - awesome

Sent on 12/18/2017

Susan · Married on 06/04/2017

Marie was our liaison for creating the ideal customized wedding. We went outside of the traditional wedding experiences for both ceremony and reception. She was enthusiastic and creative with helping our vision come to life.

Sent on 07/13/2017

We absolutely loved our venue and the guests RAVED about it as well, especially the food! The resort is well manicured and the staff is incredibly accommodating. We worked closely with Lori and Sheila, who were fabulous! They helped us create our dream day and cannot thank them enough. We highly recommend this venue for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Beautiful resort, perfect location, food was amazing. Resort staff was attentive and amazing. Our event planner Jayne was awesome and their every step of the way. The catering team was great and made sure every part was great.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Jack · Married on 04/26/2014

Selected Oak Brook Hills Resort for a wedding reception and couldn't be more pleased with the entire experience. The entire staff - especially the wait staff - were exemplary. Event Captain Mario and Head Server Ann went out of their way to make our experience a wonderful one. Everyone commented about the service as well as the banquet meal (filet, chicken or pasta). These meals were superbly prepared and presented. Portions were exceptionally generous. The Marquis Tent served our needs well with enough room for 200 guests and dancing. We hosted a breakfast brunch the next morning in the Windows restaurant and the staff there was equally professional and accomodating. The food was tasty and plentiful with a large variety of items. Our guests who stayed at the hotel felt the rooms were well apportioned and comfortable. They also enjoyed the large open lobby and bar. An outstanding experience made even better by the attention to detail given by our Event Manager - Nancy.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you very much for the review of your wedding at the Oak Brook Hills Resort. We are so pleased that everything was spectacular for you on your wedding day and will be sure to let our team know to keep up the great work!

Overall, our experience with having our reception at the Oak Brook Hills Resort was wonderful. Everything worked out exactly the way we planned it to. Thank you to Jayne to ensuring our reception was executed flawlessly.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that everything was flawless for your big day!

The Marriott was so incredibly helpful, responsive, respectful, organized, and professional during not only my wedding, but the whole wedding process. They gave me a wedding cooridinator, Nicole, to help me plan and coordinate everything the hotel played a part in. Nicole was so helpful, offering me great ideas and cost saving options. Nicole along with my other hotel contacts- Amanda, my hotel room manager, Todd, the catering manager etc were incredibly responsive and helpful. They made me feel as if I was their only client. Their were a couple uncontrollable hiccups along the way, and they were so quick to offer solutions and get them taken care of quickly and seemlessly. The whole day and night of the wedding ran smoothly and they executed everything perfectly. I was so happy with our wedding and our decision to have it at the Oak Brook Hills Marriott & Resort! Oh and we paid for 2 weeks worth of hotel rooms in Asia for our honeymoon with the points we accrued through Marriott Rewards with the event- great perk!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Tracy · Married on 08/04/2012

Oak Brook Hills Marriott was the best place to have our wedding reception! The food was great, drinks were wonderful, and everyone that works there is very polite and professional. They were extremely helpful with every detail and were very accommodating! They truly go out of their way to make it the BEST night!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Jenny · Married on 07/21/2012

We are so happy we had our wedding here! The ceromony was outside and it was so beautiful in the garden with the flowers, golf courses, and the lakes in the surrondings. Our reception was in the marquis tent, which was beautiful. I loved how it was still somewhat outdoors but still had AC especially since it was July! The guests loved the food and drink selections and everyone had a great time. The rooms were also very nice. Even though it is a Marriott, it didn't have that Marriott chain feel probably because it was just recently bought by Marriott ( i think). Lori and Jane were excellent to work with and were very accomodating. We couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/01/2012

nellie · Married on 03/24/2012

We had our wedding in the Marquis tent and it was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Everyone at the resort that was involved in our wedding did an amazing job and we couldnt have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Raeonna · Married on 10/04/2008

Everyone here was fabulous, If I had to do it all over again, I would pick the same place, it was amazing. From my first meeting until Brunch after the wedding--everyone went above and beyond at this hotel! Someone gave me this advice and I will pass it on--Bargain with them! Until you sign the contract, you have the upper hand; once it is signed--the contract is permanent! Make changes to it and change things you don't like, or make subsitutions BEFORE you sign it!!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Rachel · Married on 07/17/2011

The Marquis Tent provided a stunning backdrop to my wedding! The place was gorgeous and all my family and friends loved the food and the beauty and elegance of this hidden gem. They provided my family and I with beautiful rooms and stunning views, especially for out of towners. They don't really have a lot of options in terms of what comes with the venue and I would have liked more personal attention to certain details, but the venue itself was stunning and unbeatable!

Sent on 07/22/2011
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Luse · Married on 05/04/2019

4.2

Mixed review, but would recommend

We booked the Hilton because we loved the Marquis tent and the property itself. The process of planning with them was a bit bumpy - some of their team members are better than others. Stay on top of the details with them and be proactive. In the end our event was excellent and we enjoyed the venue. I would recommend this venue, but make sure you stay close to the details!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Y

youwish · Married on 07/25/2009

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding in the Marquis tent and it was everything I dreamed of! Lori in event sales is AWESOME!! She is willing to work with you in putting together a contract that suits your needs. After that we were handed over to the event department. Our event manager was swamped so it took her a while to get back to us but when she did she made sure to clear up any questions we had. The food was outstanding!! If it is not still on the menu, ask for the black and white bowtie pasta... delicious!! My maids of honor asked for seconds and received them! They allowed us to come back for a second tasting on foods we weren't sure on, they redesigned the floorplan multiple times because I was so indecisive, and they documented everything we wanted so that they could be sure to do it on the day of. They normally do things in a certain way ie. set up and starting the reception outside, but if you don't want it like that speak up! They are very accommodating, you just have to tell them what you want bc it is YOUR wedding day! Have fun!!

Sent on 01/10/2010

2.0

A beautiful place to have a wedding! Food is better quality than many hotel wedding dinners I've ever. Lots of options in regards to menus. This was a Marriott for quite some time, so there is a bit of a corporate feel, but the event spaces are easily changed into whatever you may dream up!

Just be careful of whom you work with as your event manager... I believe some to be better than others. Sales people are fantastic and relatively flexible if you have your wedding on an "off night" where they may not have business, but event managers are a different story. I don't want to call out anyone by name here, but just be sure your manager will be present the day of your wedding ALL DAY. Ours wasn't and it could have turned into a disaster if my wedding planner aunt wasn't already running the show.

Also- this venue is on a golf course and has a pool! Make it a wedding weekend! Your guests will love it! Free parking, easy access to the highway and Oak Brook Mall!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center's reply:

Congratulations again and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

We're delighted you thought our venue is a beautiful place to have a wedding and a perfect destination for a wedding weekend featuring golf, two pools, free parking, shuttle to Oak Brook Mall and other amenities.

Thank you for recognizing our fantastic, experienced Sales Managers. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and I regret the blemish of the Event Manager not exceeding your expectation.

We appreciate your feedback and wish you many years of wedded health and happiness!

Brienne · Married on 05/16/2009

2.8
      3.0

The Marquis tent where our wedding reception was was soaked since it had rained the night before and they didn't start to dry it out with fans until too late so the bottom of my dress and the satin ballet slippers I was wearing were all wet and got dirty on the bottom during the reception. Also my brother was sitting at the end of the head table and they kept forgetting to serve him! Come on VIP brother of the bride! They tried hard but fell short in some of the service areas.

Sent on 12/20/2009