Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center Reviews

13 Reviews for Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center

• Traharolyn

Traharolyn L Reynolds · Getting married on 08/31/2019

Alonna was awesome!

Alonna was extremely busy as we dropped in during a weekend with multiple conferences, she took time to explain everything to us and followed up as well.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Melinda · Married on 01/11/2018

Ellie was wonderful to work with and a true professional!! The kitchen team did a wonderful job with food and presentation

Sent on 01/25/2018

Kerry · Married on 10/26/2017

Ellie was our sales representative. She went out of her way to give us the best experience we could have at the Hilton Downtown Baton Rouge. The room view was totally outstanding. Our guests and our speaker enjoyed the ambience of your hotel and the view of the fabulous Mississippi River. Definitely a place to visit and use for your convention space.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Dearing · Married on 09/15/2017

The entire process from the initial booking to the event date was simple and uncomplicated! Ellie took care of me every step of the way! Always available for questions and suggestions! All of the event staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed, and we were well taken care of all night!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center's reply:

Dearing, it was so much fun being a part of your event planning. The entire staff couldn't stop talking about how awesome it was to see it all come together!

Alexa · Married on 10/28/2016

My guests said that they loved the layout of the reception and the food was terrific. You want your guests to enjoy every bit of the reception and for it to be a memorable event. I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 12/02/2016
  • W

Warren · Married on 08/05/2016

I have recommended your facility to several engaged couples. Our experience was exceptional.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center's reply:

Warren, it was such a pleasure working with you and your family. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Capitol Center. Let us know if we can be of service in the future!

The Hilton was the perfect place for our wedding reception. We had our reception in the Heidelberg Room on the top floor. Grace, the catering manager was great to work with. She worked very well with our wedding planner and answered all the questions we had. We went for a tasting about two months before and the chef came to present the food. It was all so delicious and we got a lot of complements on it from our guests. The bartenders were also great!! We also had a great sunset and view from our reception room overlooking the MS river. The Hilton also had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to our honeymoon suite that night.Thanks to the Hilton for making it an amazing night!

Sent on 03/27/2015

BRENNA · Married on 11/18/2005

professional! All the girls loved their hair and makeup! Fabulous atmosphere and staff! A+++++++++++

Sent on 10/22/2007

Brittany · Married on 05/07/2016

Ellie acted like my own personal wedding planner and helped all our visions come to life. She was so sweet, helpful, and accommodating. All of the staff at the Hilton were great and easy to work with. They truly made our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center's reply:

Brittany, I had such a great time working with you and your sweet and and fun loving family! I will always remember your wedding party's entrance into the ballroom! So amazing!

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2016

4.2
      3.5

We truly enjoyed our wedding this past April! Grace came in at the last minute and planed like a ROCKSTAR! I loved the suite and the reception on the 3rd floor was amazing.

Sent on 01/06/2017
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 06/16/2019

3.5

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center was a incredible venue for my reception.

Sent on 05/11/2012

Anna · Married on 08/27/2016

2.4
      2.5

Wow. This is such a difficult review to write. I have always adored the Heidelberg Room and the history associated with this hotel. Everyone that we worked with was so kind and helpful, with the exception of Ellie. Ellie became our point of contact after Grace (who was wonderful) mysteriously departed a few months before our date. Grace always responded quickly, answered our questions thoroughly and was a joy to work with. Ellie took forever to respond, wasn't clear and was completely unavailable the week prior to our date. Not to mention my bouquet(!!!) and all of my bridesmaids bouquets went missing (?!??) after the reception and were never located. Ellie insisted that my coordinators threw everything away, and I trust that my coordinators did no such thing. Overall, our experience was fantastic and our reception was exactly what we hoped for - it's just a shame that Ellie cast such a shadow over the experience with her lack of professionalism. The Hilton is a beautiful hotel, we loved staying in the Huey P. Long suite and brunch the next morning in The Kingfish Grille was so fun!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center's reply:

Hi Anna, thank you for the compliments in your review – I am so happy to hear that you loved your Suite! I do, however want to address your other comments because I apologize and wish that I had known during our lengthy planning process that you felt I was not responsive enough to your messages. I went back through our email correspondences during the time between when Grace left the hotel and your wedding day in August of 2016, and I was not able to see where I was not responsive in a timely fashion, nor that I was unavailable the week prior to the wedding. I do know that the hotel was in an unusual situation with a lot of our staff being affected by the unexpected and incredibly destructive flood that hit the Baton Rouge area hard, but we still were able to deliver service to our clients that was time and again praised by our guests, based on the circumstances. I have fond memories of your taste test and your sweet puppy Penelope who got to tour our hotel while we ironed out your set-up details and narrowed down your menu choices. I always try to address my client’s needs in a timely and professional manner, and am sorry you did not feel that way. With regards to your bouquet that went missing, my banquet staff, most of who have been here since the hotel first opened, know that when anything like that is found, they are to bring it to my desk and I hold it for the Bride. They would never dispose of anything so valuable. Ultimately however, we are not responsible for any items left behind. When wedding planners are involved, they typically collect any items belonging to the Wedding Party. I have taken your criticism to heart and hope that we have the pleasure of working together again in the future. Our Heidelberg Ballroom is currently being renovated and we would love to give you a tour in the future should you want to celebrate a special anniversary there. Best wishes, Ellie.