Highline String Quartet Reviews

127 | New York, NY

127 Reviews for Highline String Quartet

Brittany · Married on 06/08/2019

Guests are still raving about them

Highline Quartet was one of the first, and easiest vendor decisions we made throughout the process. Ross was very responsive and helpful during our initial discussions and their repertoire was extensive and fun! We knew we didn't want selections that were too classical (although they have those too!) so it was great to have so many different options. My husband's favorite choice detail of the day was processing down to 'Concerning Hobbits'. Everyone, other vendors included, had so much fun with their selections during cocktail hour.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/07/2019

Truly amazing musicians - so happy we chose them

Highline String Quartet played during our church ceremony and they made all the difference in the world. Their song list is extensive and the musicians played each of our song selections beautifully. My husband wanted to process out of the ceremony to a song called "Still Alive" from the video game Portal. This was not on the repertoire list but they were able to learn it and play it perfectly. Ross was amazing to work with. He was always professional, responsive, and answered all of our questions. We could not have been more pleased with Highline String Quartet.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • JD Heid

Jd Heid · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing from start to finish!

I cannot recommend Highline String Quartet more highly. They played at our wedding (in two locations) and were the hit of the night. Every aspect of working with them was fantastic, from initial planning and prep to the amazing professionalism of the musicians who created a stress-free piece of the day. They were helpful and accommodated all our requests.

All our guests said what a great addition they were to the wedding and the pop-music-on-strings was definitely something most people hadn't heard before.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jinny

Jinny · Married on 05/03/2019

Beautiful mood setting music

We are so happy with our choice to hire highline strings. They made our ceremony unique and beautiful and played traditional songs along with top hits. It gave our day a touch of our personalities since we were able to choose songs that mean something to us to walk down the aisle to and for our recessional. Ross was super responsive and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Angelica

Angelica · Married on 04/28/2019

Talented musicians and beautiful work

Highline String Quartet played at my May wedding at Brooklyn Winery and they did an incredible job! I got so many compliments on their work. Their performance made my ceremony extra special. And Ross, the manager, was responsive to all of my questions - easing any concerns I had. If you’re thinking about hiring string musicians for your wedding, stop your search! This group is top-notch.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Kristin · Married on 04/16/2019

Perfect musicians to be their on our special day!

Highline String Quartet are dynamic, talented, professional and fun musicians. My husband and I hired them for our wedding ceremony at The Weylin on May 18th and our music for the event was perfectly executed and flawless. They offer a wide selection of music and Ross Tessorio (their main point of contact) is HIGHLY responsive, organized and professional. Look no further, these are the musicians that you want at your event!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly recommend

Hiring Highline String Quartet was a great decision. Ross was very responsive and everything about the process leading up to the wedding was so simple and straightforward (contract, payment, song selection, etc).

Their repertoire is extensive and I was able to find most songs I was looking for. If you're looking for classical music or if you're a fan of Vitamin String Quartet I would definitely recommend Highline String Quartet!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Jill

Jill L. · Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Highline String Quartet. Music is a huge part of our lives and our relationship, and the music playing in our wedding ceremony was one of the wedding's most important elements. From the moment we inquired, Ross was amazing. He was always quick to respond to emails and answer any questions. The quartet has a very long and well curated list of songs to choose from, but in addition to those choices, we requested a custom arrangement for our processional, and the end result was so beyond what we ever imagined. We would highly recommend the Highline String Quartet!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Cindy · Married on 03/02/2019

Beautiful Music

The Highline Quartet did an amazing job at our wedding. Their song list is extremely extensive, and we were able to curate a great playlist of songs we loved, which the team executed to perfection. One of my favorite moments was when the quartet played Let It Go from Frozen just for our flower girl and her father, and it was simply adorable. They played during both our ceremony as well as cocktail hour and were fantastic during both. The team was extremely easy to work with, the pricing was very fair, and most importantly, the final product exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Moritz B. · Married on 01/26/2019

Magical evening at Jane's Carousel

I booked Highline on short notice, for an out-of-the-ordinary proposal at Jane's Carousel. Ross responded immediately to my request and was fantastic to work with from logistics to song selection to, of course, the actual performance. For the finale, the entire quartet ended up with us on the horses, with Highline playing Canon in D. It was nothing short of magical.

Sent on 02/04/2019

Ashley A. · Married on 01/04/2019

Exceeded my expectations!

Highline Quartet absolutely exceeded my expectations! We had a very specific music request for an event and they came totally prepared! They were an absolute dream to work with, so professional, and incredibly talented. They look great and you can tell they love what they do! Loved every member of their crew and we will definitely be working with them again!

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Elene

Elene E. · Married on 12/28/2018

Wedding at One World

What a talented and friendly team. They played at our very private wedding that we arranged from South Africa and it turned out perfect , their teamwork made our dream work. Very pleased. Very thankful. All the best.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful music we'll remember for the rest of our lives

Highline String Quartet's musicians made our ceremony and cocktail hour really special. They played so well and set the mood perfectly -- before and during the ceremony, and then downstairs as the party started.

We asked them to play mainly pop music, and their renditions of the songs we loved were so lovely to hear and so well done. We also requested that they accompany the DJ for the recessional, which they sounded great doing, too!

Ross and the musicians who came the night of our wedding were a total pleasure to deal with beforehand and that night - no stress, flexible, responsive, and a really wide variety of awesome pop songs to choose from. Ross was also quite helpful when we were choosing songs ahead of time.

We'll remember the music they played as we walked down the aisle for the rest of our lives, and we're really glad we chose Highline String Quartet.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Shelley

Shelley H. · Married on 10/25/2018

A wonderful addition to our day

If you are thinking of hiring musicians for your big day, I couldn't recommend The Highline String Quartet enough. They have been a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Even down to questions I considered to be silly, they were happy to answer - nothing was too much trouble. We chose New York as our destination wedding, and being from the UK, it helped to deal with such friendly people to deal with. They helped us with decisions on how much music we would need, and when we would need it, they made it all very simple. We couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Caroline V. · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing...

Ross and his string Quartet were absolutely amazing. As the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for." This applies to Highline String Quartet and then some. Ross made the entire process very simple, from beginning to end. He was also most accommodating in ensuring all of our wants and needs were met; he even went as far as customizing our recessional piece, per our request. We always envisioned having a string quartet at our wedding, but never did we dream it would be as amazing, as breathtaking as it was with Highline String Quartet. They more than exceeded our expectations. A truly talented group of hardworking individuals. We highly, highly recommend Ross and his musicians. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Highline String Quartet did an AMAZING job performing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We loved their wide range of pop and traditional songs and received many compliments from our guests. Ross was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. He was extremely responsive and answered our questions promptly. Overall, we are so happy that we chose Highline String Quartet for our special day and would highly recommend them to others.

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2018

Ross and his team played at our Prospect Park Boathouse wedding and we could not be happier. Ross is always responsive throughout the planning process and even suggested the amplifier which came into great use when the day started getting misty and the quartet needed to play inside for my outdoor ceremony! They also have a great google survey system to submit song requests and most all of our requests were played before ceremony and cocktail hour.

The ceremony music went off without a hitch! They knew how to finish or extend a song without guest noticing. The quartet also made cocktail hour so fun but classy with pop songs on strings. One of the violinist rocked so hard he broke his E string! My husband and I are upstairs most of the time during the cocktail hours and were dancing and singing to the music the whole time because they were so good! My guests also raved about them afterwards and expressed interest to book them for their weddings.

You won't regret having Ross and his team at your wedding or events! Will definitely recommend them to anyone who want a classic and elegant touch to their event!

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2018

Quartet was simply amazing at our wedding. The music was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes as I walked down the aisle. Still getting compliments from my guests about them. Highly recommend booking for any event. Can't wait to have another party to rebook !

Joanna · Married on 09/29/2018

Highline Quartet delivers! I love some quality classical and my wife loves pop. Between our two tastes they were able to play a huge range of songs! My wife’s dream was to walk down the aisle to Titanic’s My Heart Will Go On (I know...) with the highline quarters help that dream was delivered. Cocktail hour music was a hit - they played an awesome range of songs. The quartet has some chops and can play anything you want! Wedding guests kept complimenting us on the quartet. I would 100% recommend them again!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Scott K. · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent for weddings

Ross and team did a great job, were very reponsive, and a pleasure to work with leading up the event. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply the best! I'm an event planner - use them at clients' weddings, my own wedding and will recommend to every bride I work with to come.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Matt · Married on 09/21/2018

Highline String Quartet did an excellent job performing at our wedding. Everything sounded great and we received tons of compliments from guests. Ross was super easy to work with and handled all of our pre-wedding day questions promptly. There was a large list of songs to choose from, so we were able to pick some more traditional songs for the ceremony and then some fun, not-so- traditional stuff for the cocktail hour (i.e. David Bowie, Talking Heads, Carly Rae Jepsen, Britney Spears) Overall, we were very happy we chose Highline String Quartet to be part of our celebration.

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie B. · Married on 09/15/2018

Splurge and include highline string quartet

I can understand why Highline String Quartet is one of the most sought after string quartets for wedding music! We had the group play for our ceremony, instead of a traditional organist, as well as for cocktail hour at our reception.

The quartet made our ceremony so intimate and much more "us", as well as set a fun up beat vibe during cocktail hour and helped really get the party started!

We requested primarily contemporary music, as a shift away from the typical wedding tunes, and their renditions of each and every song were spectacular. I walked down the aisle to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love" and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Mine included!!

Ross and the musicians who came the night of our wedding were a total pleasure to work with. Throughout the entire process, Ross was extremely responsive, well organized, and helpful in answering any and all questions that I had.

My husband and I are very glad we splurged and included the Highline String Quartet in our wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Jose · Married on 08/25/2018

Highline Quartet was AWESOME. They were so flexible about learning new music and played exactly what we wanted them to play for our special day. Their repertoire of pop music is incredible. Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Elle · Married on 08/17/2018

The wedding wouldn't have been complete without the Highline String Quartet. Everyone was so impressed with their playing, and it added to perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Sent on 09/05/2018