Highline String Quartet Reviews

Highline String Quartet 6
Highline String Quartet 7
  • Jill

Jill Lerman · Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Highline String Quartet. Music is a huge part of our lives and our relationship, and the music playing in our wedding ceremony was one of the wedding's most important elements. From the moment we inquired, Ross was amazing. He was always quick to respond to emails and answer any questions. The quartet has a very long and well curated list of songs to choose from, but in addition to those choices, we requested a custom arrangement for our processional, and the end result was so beyond what we ever imagined. We would highly recommend the Highline String Quartet!

Moritz Baier · Married on 01/26/2019

Magical evening at Jane's Carousel

I booked Highline on short notice, for an out-of-the-ordinary proposal at Jane's Carousel. Ross responded immediately to my request and was fantastic to work with from logistics to song selection to, of course, the actual performance. For the finale, the entire quartet ended up with us on the horses, with Highline playing Canon in D. It was nothing short of magical.

Highline String Quartet 8
  • Elene

Elene Evans · Married on 12/28/2018

Wedding at One World

What a talented and friendly team. They played at our very private wedding that we arranged from South Africa and it turned out perfect , their teamwork made our dream work. Very pleased. Very thankful. All the best.

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful music we'll remember for the rest of our lives

Highline String Quartet's musicians made our ceremony and cocktail hour really special. They played so well and set the mood perfectly -- before and during the ceremony, and then downstairs as the party started.

We asked them to play mainly pop music, and their renditions of the songs we loved were so lovely to hear and so well done. We also requested that they accompany the DJ for the recessional, which they sounded great doing, too!

Ross and the musicians who came the night of our wedding were a total pleasure to deal with beforehand and that night - no stress, flexible, responsive, and a really wide variety of awesome pop songs to choose from. Ross was also quite helpful when we were choosing songs ahead of time.

We'll remember the music they played as we walked down the aisle for the rest of our lives, and we're really glad we chose Highline String Quartet.

• Shelley

Shelley Hynd · Married on 10/25/2018

A wonderful addition to our day

If you are thinking of hiring musicians for your big day, I couldn't recommend The Highline String Quartet enough. They have been a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Even down to questions I considered to be silly, they were happy to answer - nothing was too much trouble. We chose New York as our destination wedding, and being from the UK, it helped to deal with such friendly people to deal with. They helped us with decisions on how much music we would need, and when we would need it, they made it all very simple. We couldn't have asked for better!

Caroline Vagnone · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing...

Ross and his string Quartet were absolutely amazing. As the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for." This applies to Highline String Quartet and then some. Ross made the entire process very simple, from beginning to end. He was also most accommodating in ensuring all of our wants and needs were met; he even went as far as customizing our recessional piece, per our request. We always envisioned having a string quartet at our wedding, but never did we dream it would be as amazing, as breathtaking as it was with Highline String Quartet. They more than exceeded our expectations. A truly talented group of hardworking individuals. We highly, highly recommend Ross and his musicians. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Highline String Quartet did an AMAZING job performing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We loved their wide range of pop and traditional songs and received many compliments from our guests. Ross was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. He was extremely responsive and answered our questions promptly. Overall, we are so happy that we chose Highline String Quartet for our special day and would highly recommend them to others.

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2018

Ross and his team played at our Prospect Park Boathouse wedding and we could not be happier. Ross is always responsive throughout the planning process and even suggested the amplifier which came into great use when the day started getting misty and the quartet needed to play inside for my outdoor ceremony! They also have a great google survey system to submit song requests and most all of our requests were played before ceremony and cocktail hour.

The ceremony music went off without a hitch! They knew how to finish or extend a song without guest noticing. The quartet also made cocktail hour so fun but classy with pop songs on strings. One of the violinist rocked so hard he broke his E string! My husband and I are upstairs most of the time during the cocktail hours and were dancing and singing to the music the whole time because they were so good! My guests also raved about them afterwards and expressed interest to book them for their weddings.

You won't regret having Ross and his team at your wedding or events! Will definitely recommend them to anyone who want a classic and elegant touch to their event!

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2018

Quartet was simply amazing at our wedding. The music was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes as I walked down the aisle. Still getting compliments from my guests about them. Highly recommend booking for any event. Can't wait to have another party to rebook !

Joanna · Married on 09/29/2018

Highline Quartet delivers! I love some quality classical and my wife loves pop. Between our two tastes they were able to play a huge range of songs! My wife’s dream was to walk down the aisle to Titanic’s My Heart Will Go On (I know...) with the highline quarters help that dream was delivered. Cocktail hour music was a hit - they played an awesome range of songs. The quartet has some chops and can play anything you want! Wedding guests kept complimenting us on the quartet. I would 100% recommend them again!

Scott Kluger · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent for weddings

Ross and team did a great job, were very reponsive, and a pleasure to work with leading up the event. Highly recommended.

• O

Olga · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply the best! I'm an event planner - use them at clients' weddings, my own wedding and will recommend to every bride I work with to come.

Matt · Married on 09/21/2018

Highline String Quartet did an excellent job performing at our wedding. Everything sounded great and we received tons of compliments from guests. Ross was super easy to work with and handled all of our pre-wedding day questions promptly. There was a large list of songs to choose from, so we were able to pick some more traditional songs for the ceremony and then some fun, not-so- traditional stuff for the cocktail hour (i.e. David Bowie, Talking Heads, Carly Rae Jepsen, Britney Spears) Overall, we were very happy we chose Highline String Quartet to be part of our celebration.

• Jamie

Jamie Bergen · Married on 09/15/2018

Splurge and include highline string quartet

I can understand why Highline String Quartet is one of the most sought after string quartets for wedding music! We had the group play for our ceremony, instead of a traditional organist, as well as for cocktail hour at our reception.

The quartet made our ceremony so intimate and much more "us", as well as set a fun up beat vibe during cocktail hour and helped really get the party started!

We requested primarily contemporary music, as a shift away from the typical wedding tunes, and their renditions of each and every song were spectacular. I walked down the aisle to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love" and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Mine included!!

Ross and the musicians who came the night of our wedding were a total pleasure to work with. Throughout the entire process, Ross was extremely responsive, well organized, and helpful in answering any and all questions that I had.

My husband and I are very glad we splurged and included the Highline String Quartet in our wedding!

Jose · Married on 08/25/2018

Highline Quartet was AWESOME. They were so flexible about learning new music and played exactly what we wanted them to play for our special day. Their repertoire of pop music is incredible. Thanks so much!

Elle · Married on 08/17/2018

The wedding wouldn't have been complete without the Highline String Quartet. Everyone was so impressed with their playing, and it added to perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Joanna · Married on 07/28/2018

We had such a wonderful experience working with Highline String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and would highly recommend them for other special occasions. We didn't request any new songs because their repertoire was already so extensive, but I trust they would've done an amazing job learning whatever.

Lucas · Married on 07/28/2018

We booked Highline String Quartet as our ceremony and cocktail hour musicians (both outdoor venues), and we cannot rave enough about them. They were incredibly responsive to all of our inquiries, they made music selection super easy, and payment was a breeze. But what made them absolutely out of this world was their music on the wedding day. We'd made some special requests for ceremony music (including one song that wasn't on their repertoire list), and they played everything perfectly. Their timing was impeccable, the volume was perfect, and their musicianship was stunning--all without even meeting us in person for a rehearsal. It was exactly what we'd hoped for. They were so professional and made our day even more special. Our only regret is that we didn't have the chance to go thank them in person before they left the venue after the cocktail hour. They were amazing.

Matt · Married on 07/14/2018

Thanks for making our wedding amazing!!
    You guys were great!!

Sandy · Married on 07/05/2018

A high light of my daughters wedding in Brooklyn. I knew it would be. I wish I could rewind and go back and just sit down and listen to the wonderful music that The Highline String Quartet performed on July 5th, 2018.

Emily · Married on 07/04/2018

We are so happy that we chose the Highline String Quartet for our wedding. They played various Beatles songs before the ceremony and we chose from their list for the cocktail hour. They were such a hit that they received a standing ovation during dinner as they were leaving. Would HIGHLY recommend them! I wish we could do it all over!

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Highline Quartet to provide the music for our wedding ceremony. Ross was helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the event he coordinated with our officiant to add a few fun twists to the proceedings. They played throughout the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. Their repertoire of music includes classic strings music that everyone is familiar with, along with some really fun interpretations of pop songs and movie soundtracks. The end result was a great variety of music that our guests really enjoyed. We would highly recommend the services of Highline Quartet for weddings or other events.

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for a string quartet that is completely out of the ordinary / not basic - please use these guys. I had my friends, and my older family members, and everyone in between randomly come up to me during my wedding to tell me how they were BLOWN AWAY by the High Line String Quartet and how good they were. My one aunt told me she was "expecting to be bored" at our ceremony, but was absolutely entranced. They played the coolest songs - David Bowie, Queen, Smashing Pumpkins..and also played my favorite classical songs as well. INCREDIBLE. I can't say enough about these guys!

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired the Highline String Quartet for our June 9 wedding, and boy was it worth it! They learned our processional song so well that it sounded exactly as we’d hoped! They have an awesome repertoire and really made the ceremony and cocktail hour so special.

Kate · Married on 06/02/2018

Working with the Highline Quartet was fabulous. They did a wonderful job and my wedding planner (who is getting married herself in a few months) is using them as well!