63 Reviews for Highline String Quartet

Viola (4)
Cello (3)
String-Trio (2)
62 Highline String Quartet Reviews

Extremely talented Musicians ! Lots of fun !
Highline String Quartet were very accommodating for our creative Sound Event !
A great list of songs & wonderful performance energy !

Photos
Profile Picture N, 3/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Highline Quartet were awesome! I booked them to propose to my, now, fiancée in a private dining room in TriBeCa. The played a medley of modern songs (Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake etc) and it couldn't have gone better. They turned into a string quartet jukebox playing everything from Nirvana to Leonard Cohen. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture James, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had the highline string quartet play for our pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour. They were amazing. They arrived early and were completely set up in time for guests. They followed the music perfectly and were able to create the perfect ambiance for when I walked down the aisle. They were able to play so many different songs in a range of different genres it was great addition to the cocktail hour. Additionally, they were organized and proactive in following up which when you are planning is great that you do not have to hunt down a vendor. If you are looking for a group to play any song with a classical spin I would highly recommend then. Cannot wait to figure out another event to hire them for!

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Viola, Violin, String-Trio

Our experience with the Highline String Quartet was outstanding in every way. The musicianship was excellent; the playlist from which to choose was very extensive and extraordinarily diverse (ranging from, obviously, classical through jazz, folk, traditional pop, more recent rock, Broadway musicals and opera). We chose pieces from many of these and the quartet, accompanied by a drummer for our wedding luncheon, did all of these with aplomb. They are also quite accommodating in regard to one's own choices if they are not on their list. Our guests found the music sufficiently inspiring to actually dance to some of the pieces even though we had chosen not to provide a dance floor because of time limitations at our venue. Ross (the quartet's manager musician) could not have been easier to work with and reach, by e-mail and phone - even when he was in Europe. I strongly recommend them.

Profile Picture Roanne, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)

We are so happy we chose them. From classic to modern hits, they sounded amazing ! Ross was our contact and a pleasure to work with, offering suggestions and help along the way. Would highly recommend the Highline String Quartet to anyone.

Profile Picture Charlie, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I cannot recommend HighLine enough! They are incredibly professional and talented. Ross is incredibly responsive leading up to the wedding day and their services are amazing. Everyone raved about my ceremony and cocktail hour music. I am incredibly grateful!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Such a great experience working with Highline. They have an very extensive song list to choose from, and I got so many compliments from my guests. I highly reccommend booking with Highline String Quartet, they sound amazing, are very prompt when it comes to answering questions & accommodating.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Highline String Quartet was the icing on the cake. My guests loved listening to them while having dinner. They exceeded my expectations by playing a tailored playlist I created for them. I highly recommend the drummer. It adds a nice beat to their performance.

Profile Picture Paula, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Entertainer

The highline string quartet did such a wonderful job on our wedding day! They were patient in waiting for me to pick my song selections and sounded beautifully outside during the ceremony as well as inside during the cocktail hour! Thank you guys for making our day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, String-Quartet

The Highline Quartet played at my NYC wedding July 2017. The process of working with Ross was seamless and enjoyable. Pricing was incredibly reasonable. The quartet was the perfect mix of elegance and trendiness that I was looking for - not to mention they are also very well put together and nice to look at! Many of our guests said that they were their favorite part of our wedding. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Skyler, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Ross and the team are very professional, organised and a polished group of musicians. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone who eats to make their special day that more special! Thank you Ross and team for your outstanding talent and professionalism. Tony Williams

Profile Picture Tony, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Their range and variety of music was amazing. Classical, contemporary, you name it, they can play it.

Profile Picture Wishart, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Loved working with Ross and Highline. Highline was even willing to learn our favorite Bon Iver song to play during the ceremony! Price was a little high but commensurate with other quartets in the tri-state area.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, String-Quartet

We had this fantastic string quartet at a summer birthday party and they were wonderful. The party was at an apartment with a terrace, not an event space but they made everything, including the set up, so easy and even played outside on the terrace. They played great music and many requests, pleasing everyone from serious opera fans, to a four-year-old. They were flexible with the time (we ended up asking them to play another hour) and their music just made the party. I cannot recommend Highline String Quartet highly enough for a surprisingly easy way to make any party fun and elegant.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nell, 6/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Fabulous quartet of young, energetic and talented musicians!! Played for about 15-20 minutes before the ceremony, the processional and then for a 60 minute cocktail hour. Did classical pieces for the ceremony and more contemporary selections for cocktails. Got a plethora of compliments from the guests. Easy to deal with, reasonable pricing and responded immediately to all emails. Don't look an further..... they are phenomenal.

Profile Picture Ellen, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Highline Quartet were brilliant to work with from start to finish as we organised live music for our outdoor wedding ceremony in Central Park. They were quick to respond to my initial query, flexible to meet our needs, happy to go back and forth many times regarding our chosen songs... On the day itself, the musicians were there in good time, very self sufficient, and got playing with no fuss at all. All our guests commented how much the live music added to the experience, and how talented they were in playing our chosen songs (which were more pop based than classical). They were happy to work with our officiant to time the beginning/ends of songs correctly which was very much appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Highline Quartet!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amy, 5/31/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

We booked Highline as a trio for our wedding ceremony two weeks before the date, after our original ceremony musicians backed out. Their sample recordings sounded great and they had an extensive song list with both pop/rock and classical options, which is what we were looking for. Ross was extremely responsive and it was such a relief to find Highline at the last minute -- crisis averted. They did a wonderful job and I'm glad we chose them!

Profile Picture Johanna, 5/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: String-Trio, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony

The Highline Quartet were absolutely amazing and did a wonderful job. They were very accommodating and helpful and played beautifully on the day. Everybody commented how talented they were and what a wonderful atmosphere they created :)

Profile Picture emma, 5/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My fiancee and I found the Highline String Quartet (HSQ) via wedding wire 6 months before our wedding at The Highlands Country Club in upstate NYC. Their music samples on their website sounded great and they had a good reviews, so we pulled the trigger and hired them.

Ross, our point of contact, was very nice and accommodating. My fiancee and I wanted to walk down the aisle to Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill." Within hours, we had an email from Ross saying he was able to download the sheet music and he and the quartet would learn and play it for our wedding. Ross also supplied a mic for our officiant to speak into and for us to deliver our vows. This was a great addition since we had about 150 guests and they wouldn't have been able to hear us without the proper mic & amplification.

The HSQ played for several hours during the precessional, ceremony, and cocktail hour and left when the DJ arrived. They were all very polite, professional, and we received SO MANY COMPLIMENTS from our guests, saying how wonderful the quartet was. Both I and my fiancee would recommend them to any of our closest friends and family members.

Thank you HSQ for having made our wedding such a memorable occasion.

Tom & Allison MacKenzie-Chaves
Brooklyn, NY

Profile Picture Tom, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

These guys were prob one of the biggest highlights of my wedding! They played the classical songs during the ceremony beautifully and were a great hit with the crowd when they busted out the pop renditions during cocktail hour. Everyone was amazed and enjoyed the music. I opted to get the amplification package which I would highly recommend, especially if your wedding is on the bigger side. Ross was always very communicative throughout the whole process and very professional. Trust me, they are worth the money!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Highline String Quartet came highly recommended from a friend and they turned out to be even better than his glowing review! They played for the ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding at the Loeb Boathouse. Ross was extremely responsive and very easy to work with, and the whole quartet did a wonderful job the day of the wedding. They were able to accommodate our music choices and did a perfect job. They were also helpful in recommending that we use an amp for cocktail hour given the number of guests we had (around 200). They were able to do a perfect mix of pop and more classical music. I couldn't recommend them any more highly!
- Rachel G

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Highline String Quartet is absolutely worth booking for your wedding or gig! Their performance during the ceremony was beautiful, classic, just as we imagined. While our guests chatted over h'ordeurves for cocktail hour, their energetic pop arrangements transformed the mood from elegant to chic NY wedding. They also used iPads to read the music instead of regular binders with music - very hi-tech! Ross was wonderful to work with for the months before the wedding. They were very accommodating with our song choices, and they even made arrangements for songs that didn't already have a string quartet arrangement (which turned out amazing). They also accompanied our officiant, who sang the opening prayer. I can't say enough good things about the musicality and professionalism of this group. Tip for future couples: when in doubt, definitely choose amplification so you can hear their beautiful music! Thank you for making our day so special, Highline String Quartet!

Profile Picture April, 3/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

These guys are great! They really are first class. The range of music they are able to play is really amazing. The acoustic pop songs were so fun to listen to and really helped to make the night special! I would definitely recommend them and look forward to working with them in the future!

Profile Picture User7868840, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Highline Quartet was fantastic and the perfect addition to our wedding ceremony. They have such a diverse range of songs that they can play, which suits anyone's taste, they're very professional and flexible in terms of timing, setup, discussing song options, etc. Our ceremony wouldn't have been complete without them!

Profile Picture Erica, 2/4/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, String-Quartet

I know that often a score of 5 across the board is suspect however Ross and the team at Highline String Quartet did a fantastic job for us recently at an 80th Birthday celebration where live musicians made the party a success. Ross worked with us to find the right combination of musicians to meet the musical tastes of the party goers as well as fit it all into a reasonable budget. The musicians were professional and highly talented. Many guest were asking for contact information to use them at their future celebrations. The Highline String Quartet made the event a complete success.

Profile Picture Peter, 12/10/16, 1 Review