Highline String Quartet Reviews

83 | New York, NY

83 Reviews for Highline String Quartet

83 Highline String Quartet Reviews

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Highline String Quartet did an AMAZING job performing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We loved their wide range of pop and traditional songs and received many compliments from our guests. Ross was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. He was extremely responsive and answered our questions promptly. Overall, we are so happy that we chose Highline String Quartet for our special day and would highly recommend them to others.

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2018

Ross and his team played at our Prospect Park Boathouse wedding and we could not be happier. Ross is always responsive throughout the planning process and even suggested the amplifier which came into great use when the day started getting misty and the quartet needed to play inside for my outdoor ceremony! They also have a great google survey system to submit song requests and most all of our requests were played before ceremony and cocktail hour.

The ceremony music went off without a hitch! They knew how to finish or extend a song without guest noticing. The quartet also made cocktail hour so fun but classy with pop songs on strings. One of the violinist rocked so hard he broke his E string! My husband and I are upstairs most of the time during the cocktail hours and were dancing and singing to the music the whole time because they were so good! My guests also raved about them afterwards and expressed interest to book them for their weddings.

You won't regret having Ross and his team at your wedding or events! Will definitely recommend them to anyone who want a classic and elegant touch to their event!

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2018

Quartet was simply amazing at our wedding. The music was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes as I walked down the aisle. Still getting compliments from my guests about them. Highly recommend booking for any event. Can't wait to have another party to rebook !

Joanna · Married on 09/29/2018

Highline Quartet delivers! I love some quality classical and my wife loves pop. Between our two tastes they were able to play a huge range of songs! My wife’s dream was to walk down the aisle to Titanic’s My Heart Will Go On (I know...) with the highline quarters help that dream was delivered. Cocktail hour music was a hit - they played an awesome range of songs. The quartet has some chops and can play anything you want! Wedding guests kept complimenting us on the quartet. I would 100% recommend them again!

• O

Olga · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply the best! I'm an event planner - use them at clients' weddings, my own wedding and will recommend to every bride I work with to come.

Matt · Married on 09/21/2018

Highline String Quartet did an excellent job performing at our wedding. Everything sounded great and we received tons of compliments from guests. Ross was super easy to work with and handled all of our pre-wedding day questions promptly. There was a large list of songs to choose from, so we were able to pick some more traditional songs for the ceremony and then some fun, not-so- traditional stuff for the cocktail hour (i.e. David Bowie, Talking Heads, Carly Rae Jepsen, Britney Spears) Overall, we were very happy we chose Highline String Quartet to be part of our celebration.

Jose · Married on 08/25/2018

Highline Quartet was AWESOME. They were so flexible about learning new music and played exactly what we wanted them to play for our special day. Their repertoire of pop music is incredible. Thanks so much!

Elle · Married on 08/17/2018

The wedding wouldn't have been complete without the Highline String Quartet. Everyone was so impressed with their playing, and it added to perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Joanna · Married on 07/28/2018

We had such a wonderful experience working with Highline String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and would highly recommend them for other special occasions. We didn't request any new songs because their repertoire was already so extensive, but I trust they would've done an amazing job learning whatever.

Lucas · Married on 07/28/2018

We booked Highline String Quartet as our ceremony and cocktail hour musicians (both outdoor venues), and we cannot rave enough about them. They were incredibly responsive to all of our inquiries, they made music selection super easy, and payment was a breeze. But what made them absolutely out of this world was their music on the wedding day. We'd made some special requests for ceremony music (including one song that wasn't on their repertoire list), and they played everything perfectly. Their timing was impeccable, the volume was perfect, and their musicianship was stunning--all without even meeting us in person for a rehearsal. It was exactly what we'd hoped for. They were so professional and made our day even more special. Our only regret is that we didn't have the chance to go thank them in person before they left the venue after the cocktail hour. They were amazing.

Matt · Married on 07/14/2018

Thanks for making our wedding amazing!!
    You guys were great!!

Sandy · Married on 07/05/2018

A high light of my daughters wedding in Brooklyn. I knew it would be. I wish I could rewind and go back and just sit down and listen to the wonderful music that The Highline String Quartet performed on July 5th, 2018.

Emily · Married on 07/04/2018

We are so happy that we chose the Highline String Quartet for our wedding. They played various Beatles songs before the ceremony and we chose from their list for the cocktail hour. They were such a hit that they received a standing ovation during dinner as they were leaving. Would HIGHLY recommend them! I wish we could do it all over!

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Highline Quartet to provide the music for our wedding ceremony. Ross was helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the event he coordinated with our officiant to add a few fun twists to the proceedings. They played throughout the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. Their repertoire of music includes classic strings music that everyone is familiar with, along with some really fun interpretations of pop songs and movie soundtracks. The end result was a great variety of music that our guests really enjoyed. We would highly recommend the services of Highline Quartet for weddings or other events.

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for a string quartet that is completely out of the ordinary / not basic - please use these guys. I had my friends, and my older family members, and everyone in between randomly come up to me during my wedding to tell me how they were BLOWN AWAY by the High Line String Quartet and how good they were. My one aunt told me she was "expecting to be bored" at our ceremony, but was absolutely entranced. They played the coolest songs - David Bowie, Queen, Smashing Pumpkins..and also played my favorite classical songs as well. INCREDIBLE. I can't say enough about these guys!

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired the Highline String Quartet for our June 9 wedding, and boy was it worth it! They learned our processional song so well that it sounded exactly as we’d hoped! They have an awesome repertoire and really made the ceremony and cocktail hour so special.

Kate · Married on 06/02/2018

Working with the Highline Quartet was fabulous. They did a wonderful job and my wedding planner (who is getting married herself in a few months) is using them as well!

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Ross was so easy to communicate with throughout my entire wedding planning process. My guests loved listening to the quartet and everyone said it added to the magic of our wedding. My husband was brought to tears at the alter as I walked down the aisle with my parents and Highline played Canon in D. I am looking forward to watching our wedding video so I can relive that wonderful experience. Thank you Highline!

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Highline String Quartet was amazing! Not only was everyone happy with the music selections and was dancing along to everything they played, we asked for a few custom selections and couldn't have been more happy with .how well they were arranged. It took me awhile to post this but our wedding was 5/26/18 and we contracted with HSQ more than a year in advance but throughout the entire process they were extremely helpful and responsive. We couldn't recommend them enough!

N · Married on 03/20/2018

Extremely talented Musicians ! Lots of fun !
    Highline String Quartet were very accommodating for our creative Sound Event !
    A great list of songs & wonderful performance energy !

Highline String Quartet 1
    Highline String Quartet 8
    Highline String Quartet 9
    Highline String Quartet 10

James · Married on 11/04/2017

Highline Quartet were awesome! I booked them to propose to my, now, fiancée in a private dining room in TriBeCa. The played a medley of modern songs (Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake etc) and it couldn't have gone better. They turned into a string quartet jukebox playing everything from Nirvana to Leonard Cohen. I would highly recommend.

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2017

We had the highline string quartet play for our pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour. They were amazing. They arrived early and were completely set up in time for guests. They followed the music perfectly and were able to create the perfect ambiance for when I walked down the aisle. They were able to play so many different songs in a range of different genres it was great addition to the cocktail hour. Additionally, they were organized and proactive in following up which when you are planning is great that you do not have to hunt down a vendor. If you are looking for a group to play any song with a classical spin I would highly recommend then. Cannot wait to figure out another event to hire them for!

Roanne · Married on 10/28/2017

Our experience with the Highline String Quartet was outstanding in every way. The musicianship was excellent; the playlist from which to choose was very extensive and extraordinarily diverse (ranging from, obviously, classical through jazz, folk, traditional pop, more recent rock, Broadway musicals and opera). We chose pieces from many of these and the quartet, accompanied by a drummer for our wedding luncheon, did all of these with aplomb. They are also quite accommodating in regard to one's own choices if they are not on their list. Our guests found the music sufficiently inspiring to actually dance to some of the pieces even though we had chosen not to provide a dance floor because of time limitations at our venue. Ross (the quartet's manager musician) could not have been easier to work with and reach, by e-mail and phone - even when he was in Europe. I strongly recommend them.

Charlie · Married on 10/20/2017

We are so happy we chose them. From classic to modern hits, they sounded amazing ! Ross was our contact and a pleasure to work with, offering suggestions and help along the way. Would highly recommend the Highline String Quartet to anyone.

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2017

I cannot recommend HighLine enough! They are incredibly professional and talented. Ross is incredibly responsive leading up to the wedding day and their services are amazing. Everyone raved about my ceremony and cocktail hour music. I am incredibly grateful!