Highland Park Community House Reviews

Highland Park Community House 6
Highland Park Community House 7
  • Rena

Rena Urso · Married on 06/10/2019

Perfect venue for our wedding reception!!!

We LOVED the beautiful HPCH! Everything about it was perfect: great kitchen for our caterer, a beautiful, historical venue, and a large, blank canvas that allowed us to create exactly what we envisioned. Far exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Annelise · Married on 12/30/2018

This venue was beyond amazing!!!

My husband and I are so glad we went with the HPCH for our wedding venue! The staff was beyond amazing (I don't think Wendy ever took longer than half a day to respond to any of my emails), the venue was BEAUTIFUL and exactly what we needed for our winter wedding, and it was 1/2 the price of any other venues we looked at in the city (that's with tables, chairs, AND setup included!!). If you want a beautiful venue with excellent customer service that doesn't break the bank, The Highland Park Community House is a no brainer :)

Sent on 02/27/2019
    Highland Park Community House 8
    Highland Park Community House 9
    Highland Park Community House 10
    Highland Park Community House 11

D . Gulsvig · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day Ever! Wedding 10/20/18

We are on an absolute “high” following our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding this past weekend at the House! The care, cooperation and professionalism we received from Wendy and her staff were exceptional!
    The Highland Park Community House is like a gem hidden away but so accessible. Architecturally beautiful but not forbidding- it was as if we were at home. Our caterer says they have the best kitchen! It was spotlessly clean as was the entire facility!
    We cannot thank everyone at the HPCH for everything they did to make our celebration amazing!❤️

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Highland Park Community House 19
    Highland Park Community House 20

Claire R. · Married on 10/19/2018

Great venue!!

They were great to work with for our Oct. 2018 fundraising event. Very accommodating, easy to work with and responsive to our many questions and requests. Would highly recommend and will use this venue again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Boo & Tara

YANTARA · Married on 09/03/2018

I when i first walked in I knew that this was the place. Wendy she is amazing, she was willing to work with me I so can have my date and my wedding. Even though my wedding is next year I know it will be perfect there.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Meg · Married on 06/30/2018

This is the most perfect wedding venue in the area. The staff is easy to communicate with and they work hard to make your event perfect. Numerous rentals are included when you rent this space and it was the absolute perfect venue for us. We were able to have a beautiful garden ceremony outside and then a wonderful reception inside. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Matthew · Married on 04/20/2018

Overall, amazing experience! From the initial email to the wedding day, Wendy and Lorenzo were amazing and exceeded our expectations! Both were kind and generous, always willing to answer questions and help when needed. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Bailey · Married on 08/20/2017

This venue is incredible!! My now husband and I looked at many locations for our wedding in the Chicagoland area, but this one topped them all! They not only allowed us to rent a beautiful space, but they provided chairs, tables, sound systems, and more to make our day stress free! Not to mention, Wendy is a dream to work with! She made it easy to book a rehearsal for my wedding party last minute, allowed in the vendors we wanted, and let us have our wedding during an afternoon time slot that better fit our schedule. They set up the ceremony chairs and the rehearsal dinner layout, worked well with our wedding planner, and just made the day amazing!
    I would recommend this location to everyone! Thank you thank you thank you thank you Highland Park Community House!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Marc · Married on 08/20/2017

Choosing this venue and being in touch with Wendy was one of the best parts about planning our wedding. Wendy made it such an amazing experience. The venue is absolutely perfect. We married outside and had reception indoors. AC worked great, beautiful venue. Highly recommended. Thanks a ton! Wendy you are the best!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Lara · Married on 07/23/2017

We used HPCH for our wedding on 7/23/17 and this review is long overdue. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice for a wedding venue. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. It is definitely the best hidden gem of the north shore of Chicago. With HPCH you get the gorgeous indoor space and the lovely large outdoor lawn, a beautiful ballroom, a stage for music with a lovely grand piano.. and the list goes on!. It’s so nice to have the foyer and living room also (we put the bar in the living room and a second on the porch). We also were able to use the multipurpose room downstairs for children with a babysitter, which our guests very much appreciated. Wendy, our main contact was amazing. She is extremely friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, reassuring, clear with pricing, makes things easy, flexible, accommodating with dropping items off early, delivery times, etc. She is more than happy to help in any way including sharing her useful vendor list. The onsite manager Lorenzo is very helpful, thoughtful, hardworking, patient and really no fuss. Our wedding was all set up outside, and it started to rain 30 min before so they had to move it all inside! Everyone worked as a team and it still ended up perfect. We absolutely loved HPCH!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Joi · Married on 07/22/2017

Words cant describe how helpful Wendy at Highland Park community house was and how beautiful the venue was. The price was reasonable and the place was spotless. I had a garden wedding and everything was perfect! I rented this venue with no idea of exactly how I wanted things to be coordinated and Wendy helped me every step of the way. She was polite, helpful, creative and pleasant every single time. Even in a state of panic as a bride, she was amazing! The place its self was beyond what I expected and my day was beautiful. The manager Lorenzo was always very helpful and encouraging when assistance was needed. Wendy and Lorenzo was very coordinated and in tune with every detail as I described it. I would definitely have more events at this location and I have already suggested this place to four other couples that I know that is getting married as well. Thank you so very much Wendy! You truly are a wonderful woman and Im so honored with the opportunity to have met you and your staff. More events for me at this location in the near future!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Jan · event on 07/15/2017

This venue was perfect for our event. We actually held two different events but by utilizing two different rooms, the flow was exactly what we wanted. Wendy was a dream to work with, so easy and helpful. She made some great suggestions to help us plan which made everything even better! Lorenzo was our site Mgr for the evening and he went above and beyond to accommodate us and even helped set up! We will definitely use this venue again and again.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Marlee · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved working with Highland Park Community House for our wedding! Wendy was very helpful and always prompt with her responses to any questions, and Lorenzo the building manager was extremely professional, reliable, and helpful in receiving and safely storing our liquor, cake, and other items for the day in advance, coordinating the set-up exactly how we wanted it, and staying on-site to make sure that everything went smoothly for the duration of the event. The price is also very reasonable for a well-sized space with lovely character and charm.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Beth · event on 07/01/2017

We hosted a shower for our son at the Community House. We rented the ballroom which is beautiful. Wendy was our contact and she was extremely helpful, courteous and quick to respond to my many questions. Lorenzo was on site for set up and help. He was very helpful and available when we needed help with additional set up and changes immediately. He also had great suggestions for how to lay everything out so the event flowed perfectly between food, beverages and guests. I would definitely rent this venue again.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

The community house was my dream location. A place with charm and elegance and at a reasonable price! Wendy was always very professional and Lorenzo is so helpful and accommodating! Everyone loved the venue and it is exactly what I had envisioned for our wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

Wendy and onsite manager, Lorenzo, were wonderful throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. Always willing to do whatever they could to make sure our day was perfect. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how it was such a perfect place for our wedding. We had our ceremony outside and our reception inside. It was perfect for our beautiful day!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Andrea · event on 05/16/2017

We had a corporate bbq at the Highland Park Community House and could not have chosen a more perfect location! The outdoor area was so perfect and beautiful! The staff were so kind and helpful. We had space for food and tables in the yard - bar & band on the porch and yard games in the other yard area - so amazingly perfect! Highly recommend this beautiful location for any type of event (wedding, birthday parties and definitely corporate events... :). Thank you!!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Katherine · event on 04/29/2017

We had a lovely event at HP Community House -- the room has a wonderful atmosphere, more elegant than a typical hotel venue room. The staff were professional and easy to work with. And the price was very affordable -- considerably lower than many other special event venues on the North Shore. I would definitely recommend HP Community House as a special place for special events

Sent on 05/01/2017

Teri · event on 01/01/2017

The room was cozy and welcoming for a family party. The kitchen offered everything for preparation. It was clean and easy to use. Lorenzo had everything set up for us and was available and extremely helpful. I was extremely happy with everyone I worked with from Wendy, setting up of the event to the event itself.

Sent on 01/03/2017
  • User7471553 · event on 12/07/2016

Wendy and Lorenzo were great to work with and made our event flawless.

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • Sylvia751

Sylvia · Married on 11/05/2016

I haven't quite had my event there yet, so take this for what you will...but so far, I am pleased as punch with my choice of venue for my wedding.

I am planning from a distance, which makes things difficult. Wendy and the HP House have been so responsive, so informative. I have no worries about my venue on my big day. It's such a relief!! I highly reccommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/11/2016
  • User7366800 · event on 10/27/2016

The staff was great at executing the logistics. They were very helpful the day of as well. We were very pleased with our event, and so were our guests!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Romisha · Married on 10/09/2016

Such a beautiful place to have a small intimate wedding. We definitely got more for our buck going to the suburbs. My wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Deanna · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding here, and it was great. After viewing a number of venues in the city and getting quotes, we found Highland Park Community House. The HPCH quote included all the chairs and tables needed, as well as set up of the chairs/tables. And it was roughly half the price of city venues, which all said we were responsible for getting tables and chairs (even if it was renting directly from the venue...).

The HPCH is a lovely little spot, and it's easy to get to by car or Metra. Our wedding was DIY, and we were able to plan/decorate ourselves. We had access to the location the day before and the day of for drop off and set up. The side garden was a perfect location for an outdoor ceremony and for photos. Lorenzo, the building manager, was available on site to help before and after the event. And the venue's professional kitchen was more than what the caterers needed. Lastly, the ladies room/powder room on the first floor made for a perfect 'getting ready' room.

Sent on 09/29/2016