Highland Park Community House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Jkm
    Jkm L. Getting married on 06/01/2022

Amazing Event

Wendy was so easy to work with and accommodating to every request! I loved how responsive she was, too. Lorenzo did a great job with set up, clean up, and attending to our every need during our event. I would definitely host another event at the Highland Park Community House!
    Terri O. Getting married on 05/11/2022

Ideal location for local awards reception

We have held our annual grant awards reception at the Community House for years. Wendy and her staff are outstanding to work with! The layout has been ideal for pre-event mingling and seated dining during the awards presentation. It's a perfect site for many kinds of events.
    Larry N. Married on 01/09/2022

Highland Park Community House

Extremely helpful. As we are a vendor providing Indoor Air Quality HEPA air purifiers during the pandemic. I was astonished by their flexibility and desire to help keep their clients COVID free.
    Marina E. Married on 12/06/2021

I would recommend any kind of event!

December 5, 2021, i had a Piano Recital Highland Park Community Center.
    No words to describe, how i appropriate and thankful to Executive Director Wendy Horwitch.
    It was the best business communication i ever had. Right away respond, meeting was next day, i am grateful for all advises, And in the day of event Mrs Wendy Horwitch was very profeccional and organised,

Marina Elkin, 847 962 9800
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas V. Married on 11/02/2021

Handsome venue at a reasonable price

The HPCH was able to accommodate an event of ours at the last minute. The space has an old North Shore elegance but clean and neat . It has a pretty good kitchen than makes it easier for your caterer to do their job.
    Jamie C. Married on 09/18/2021

Great venue in Northern Illinois

We held an engagement brunch for our daughter and future son in law here this past weekend. It is a lovely venue in a beautiful area. The staff was attentive and helpful and the price was very reasonable. Highly recommend!
  • Sommer
    Sommer A. Married on 09/17/2021

The Highland Park Community House

I would like to start off by saying if we could give more than 5 stars for rating/review, we absolutely would.
    From the first conversation we had with Wendy in obtaining more information on the venue, we knew this would be where we HAD to get married. Wendy was always responsive, eager to help, and very organized with planning. Efren was on staff the day of our reception and he was a true blessing. Very kind, accommodating and didn't hesitate to help when needed.
    The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. It required minimal decoration because it already has its own unique set up from the yellow curtain on stage, to the green drapes and to the amazing chandeliers all around.
    With that being said, we could not be happier with choosing the Highland Park Community House for our wedding ceremony and reception.
    Todd J. Married on 09/06/2021

A Happy Client is # 1 Priority for this Venue

Can’t say enough about how great this place is and how professional and nice the people are here.
    Kevin G. Married on 08/07/2021

Great experience. Wendy and her team were very helpful before and during the event.

I would highly recommend the Community Center. As a bartender, I found it very easy to work with Wendy and her team. She was available and helpful with all questions and requests I had. The on-site coordinator was friendly and available all evening as the event went on.

Highland Park Community House's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome vendor review! We are so happy your experience as a vendor for an event at the Highland Park Community House was so positive!
  • Carole
    Carole D. Married on 05/25/2021

Professional and great attention to detail

My business has held several events here and I can't praise Wendy and her team enough for their attention to detail and professionalism. You absolutely cannot do better!

Book them NOW!
    Rachel Married on 12/11/2020

Great Acoustic for Musicians!

What a great space to record in! I'm a professional musician & classical singer and ever since doing a recording project here--I have been recommending this hidden gem of a venue to all of my musician friends! Wendy is so great and easy to work with, and the piano is lovely and bright, wonderful open and beautiful acoustic space-- what a phenomenal place to sing! If you're needing a space that will be friendly for live music/musicians, look no further!
    Stephanie P. Married on 11/01/2020

Fantastic during planning

My wedding reception will take place here in a few weeks, so even though I cannot yet comment on the event itself, I just have to leave a review with how happy I have been with Highland Park Community House during the planning process. They have been very responsive in answering my questions and more than accommodating to every little request I have. They have eliminated a lot of stress I probably would have otherwise felt by being so kind throughout the whole planning process. I can't wait for my reception there! I think this is an absolutely gorgeous venue at an amazing price, and I really love that I have the ability to bring in my own decorations/vendors/etc. to make the space my own.
  • Bri
    Bri S. Married on 09/19/2020

A Dream DIY Venue

I booked with HPCH in early 2019 for a September 2020 wedding that was moved to September 2021 due to COVID. Many of the original wedding plans ultimately changed with the changing situation, but never once did I regret my choice of venue. If you are a DIY couple who want to build the wedding of their dreams from the ground up, you simply could not pick a better place to do it. The venue is ultra affordable compared to other places in the area, but you would never know it looking at it! It’s a beautiful space in a beautiful area that you have full run of for the entirety of your event; no sharing with other couples! The space is large enough to accommodate a sizeable guest list, and with no required vendors, you can decide where you want to spend some money and where you want to save. The natural beauty of the venue means you don’t need to go all-out with decor to give people the “wow” factor. The extras available at no charge (different sized tables, furniture for decor, bars, easels, etc.) give you the opportunity to customize your floor plan and decor to meet your needs and the needs of your guests. Throughout the planning process, Wendy will be super responsive and helpful. On the day of, Efren will help make all your dreams come true!

We held our wedding, cocktail hour, and reception all at the venue and it was all lovely! The guests complimented the space, the DJ complimented the acoustics, the photographer complimented the many beautiful photo locations, and the caterers complimented the kitchen, so it is not an exaggeration to say that literally everyone loved this venue! For a fraction of the price of other venues in the area, HPCH is a natural choice for a budget-friendly wedding that no one will ever believe is a budget-friendly wedding!
    Mary Married on 03/10/2020

Highland Park Community House Review

My fiancé and I just booked our wedding reception with the Highland Park Community House and we could not be happier! The House is truly a hidden gem. The rental is very affordable for being located on Chicago's North Shore. And, Wendy from the House has been wonderful to work with. She has been very responsive and informative and has made the contract process seamless. She was quick to schedule a time for us to view the venue; we actually were able to go see the venue the very day we contacted her! The head of maintenance, Lorenzo, showed us around the property. He was very knowledgeable and helped us create a vision for the space. The building also has a rich history and a strong representation of community. We are very much looking forward to our wedding day and continuing to work with Wendy and staff!

-Mary & James
    Andreja Married on 02/22/2020

Sons baptism

Working with Wendy and Lorenzo was an absolute pleasure, they went above and beyond in catering to our every need. Would highly recommend this unique venue.
  • Laura
    Laura P. Married on 12/08/2019

One of the Best Decisions I Made

Choosing the Highland Park Community House was one of the best decisions I made during wedding planning. Not only did the large ballroom have plenty of space for our 200 person wedding, plus buffet tables and a dance floor, but the living room outside provided plenty of area in between the ceremony and reception for people to mingle and relax while the room was switched over. Wendy and Lorenzo made me feel so at ease, and I knew I could totally relax and trust them the day of the wedding. Wendy was incredible prompt in answering my emails, all my many questions, and sometimes answered back in just 10 minutes! When we arrived two days before the wedding to pre-set some decor (another rare thing to be able to do in the wedding world!), Lorenzo already had the entire floor plan laid out and was so incredibly kind and helpful. I received so many compliments on the beauty of the venue, and the location near to downtown Highland Park and Lake Michigan make for some beautiful photos, as do the beautiful windows on the venue and trees outside. Not only were HPCH’s rental prices some of the most affordable I found, but I also had the flexibility to bring in any vendor I wished, allowing me a truly customizable, unique, and dream wedding. This place is great for DIY brides. Two notes: you do have to create your own floor plan, and you do need to purchase event insurance, but both of those things were quite easy to do and Wendy can help provide recommendations and a list of preferred vendors. The venue also has an extensive list of furniture, chairs, tables, and sound equipment available to use at no extra cost. We didn’t have to rent a single piece of furniture, which was amazing.
    HCPC was affordable, absolutely beautiful, wonderful location, and has an absolutely amazing staff team—I cannot say enough good things. Thank you Wendy and Lorenzo for an amazing wonderful day!
  • Linda
    Linda K. Married on 10/12/2019

October 2019 Wedding

I highly recommend this venue. Our daughter/son in-law got married here on 10/26/19. This venue is not only beautiful but very functional. The staff went above and beyond at every request.
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine M. Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Reception

Wendy and lorenzo where extremely helpful to me for my wedding reception , they let us come in the day before and set everything up since me and my family put together my whole reception , this helped us a lot because doing it the day of would have been a headache .. I appreciate all of there help , my guest loved the venue , and talked about how beautiful it is .. I will recommend this venue to anyone. Thank you again
  • Rena
    Rena U. Married on 06/10/2019

Perfect venue for our wedding reception!!!

We LOVED the beautiful HPCH! Everything about it was perfect: great kitchen for our caterer, a beautiful, historical venue, and a large, blank canvas that allowed us to create exactly what we envisioned. Far exceeded our expectations!
  • Ilyse
    Ilyse S. Married on 02/12/2019

The HP Community House Team made me feel like a guest at my own event!

As an event planner I have never had an experience where I felt like a guest at my own event. The Highland Park Community House felt like home! I was able to create the perfect event for me and my family and Wendy and Lorenzo were there to help every step of the way!
    Annelise Married on 12/30/2018

This venue was beyond amazing!!!

My husband and I are so glad we went with the HPCH for our wedding venue! The staff was beyond amazing (I don't think Wendy ever took longer than half a day to respond to any of my emails), the venue was BEAUTIFUL and exactly what we needed for our winter wedding, and it was 1/2 the price of any other venues we looked at in the city (that's with tables, chairs, AND setup included!!). If you want a beautiful venue with excellent customer service that doesn't break the bank, The Highland Park Community House is a no brainer :)
    D . G. Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day Ever! Wedding 10/20/18

We are on an absolute “high” following our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding this past weekend at the House! The care, cooperation and professionalism we received from Wendy and her staff were exceptional!
    The Highland Park Community House is like a gem hidden away but so accessible. Architecturally beautiful but not forbidding- it was as if we were at home. Our caterer says they have the best kitchen! It was spotlessly clean as was the entire facility!
    We cannot thank everyone at the HPCH for everything they did to make our celebration amazing!❤️
    Claire Married on 10/19/2018

Great venue!!

They were great to work with for our Oct. 2018 fundraising event. Very accommodating, easy to work with and responsive to our many questions and requests. Would highly recommend and will use this venue again!
  • Boo & Tara
    Yantara Married on 09/03/2018
    I when i first walked in I knew that this was the place. Wendy she is amazing, she was willing to work with me I so can have my date and my wedding. Even though my wedding is next year I know it will be perfect there.
    Meg Married on 06/30/2018
    This is the most perfect wedding venue in the area. The staff is easy to communicate with and they work hard to make your event perfect. Numerous rentals are included when you rent this space and it was the absolute perfect venue for us. We were able to have a beautiful garden ceremony outside and then a wonderful reception inside. Highly recommend.