Highland Park Community House Reviews

84 Reviews for Highland Park Community House

• Jkm

Jkm Law · Getting married on 06/01/2022

Amazing Event

Wendy was so easy to work with and accommodating to every request! I loved how responsive she was, too. Lorenzo did a great job with set up, clean up, and attending to our every need during our event. I would definitely host another event at the Highland Park Community House!

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Nicholas

Nicholas Vahlkamp · Getting married on 11/02/2021

Handsome venue at a reasonable price

The HPCH was able to accommodate an event of ours at the last minute. The space has an old North Shore elegance but clean and neat . It has a pretty good kitchen than makes it easier for your caterer to do their job.

Sent on 02/25/2020

Stephanie Pezzella · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Fantastic during planning

My wedding reception will take place here in a few weeks, so even though I cannot yet comment on the event itself, I just have to leave a review with how happy I have been with Highland Park Community House during the planning process. They have been very responsive in answering my questions and more than accommodating to every little request I have. They have eliminated a lot of stress I probably would have otherwise felt by being so kind throughout the whole planning process. I can't wait for my reception there! I think this is an absolutely gorgeous venue at an amazing price, and I really love that I have the ability to bring in my own decorations/vendors/etc. to make the space my own.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Mary · Married on 03/10/2020

Highland Park Community House Review

My fiancé and I just booked our wedding reception with the Highland Park Community House and we could not be happier! The House is truly a hidden gem. The rental is very affordable for being located on Chicago's North Shore. And, Wendy from the House has been wonderful to work with. She has been very responsive and informative and has made the contract process seamless. She was quick to schedule a time for us to view the venue; we actually were able to go see the venue the very day we contacted her! The head of maintenance, Lorenzo, showed us around the property. He was very knowledgeable and helped us create a vision for the space. The building also has a rich history and a strong representation of community. We are very much looking forward to our wedding day and continuing to work with Wendy and staff!

-Mary & James

Sent on 01/31/2020

Andreja · Married on 02/22/2020

Sons baptism

Working with Wendy and Lorenzo was an absolute pleasure, they went above and beyond in catering to our every need. Would highly recommend this unique venue.

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Laura

Laura Peterman · Married on 12/08/2019

One of the Best Decisions I Made

Choosing the Highland Park Community House was one of the best decisions I made during wedding planning. Not only did the large ballroom have plenty of space for our 200 person wedding, plus buffet tables and a dance floor, but the living room outside provided plenty of area in between the ceremony and reception for people to mingle and relax while the room was switched over. Wendy and Lorenzo made me feel so at ease, and I knew I could totally relax and trust them the day of the wedding. Wendy was incredible prompt in answering my emails, all my many questions, and sometimes answered back in just 10 minutes! When we arrived two days before the wedding to pre-set some decor (another rare thing to be able to do in the wedding world!), Lorenzo already had the entire floor plan laid out and was so incredibly kind and helpful. I received so many compliments on the beauty of the venue, and the location near to downtown Highland Park and Lake Michigan make for some beautiful photos, as do the beautiful windows on the venue and trees outside. Not only were HPCH’s rental prices some of the most affordable I found, but I also had the flexibility to bring in any vendor I wished, allowing me a truly customizable, unique, and dream wedding. This place is great for DIY brides. Two notes: you do have to create your own floor plan, and you do need to purchase event insurance, but both of those things were quite easy to do and Wendy can help provide recommendations and a list of preferred vendors. The venue also has an extensive list of furniture, chairs, tables, and sound equipment available to use at no extra cost. We didn’t have to rent a single piece of furniture, which was amazing.
    HCPC was affordable, absolutely beautiful, wonderful location, and has an absolutely amazing staff team—I cannot say enough good things. Thank you Wendy and Lorenzo for an amazing wonderful day!

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Linda

Linda K. Kozelek · Married on 10/12/2019

October 2019 Wedding

I highly recommend this venue. Our daughter/son in-law got married here on 10/26/19. This venue is not only beautiful but very functional. The staff went above and beyond at every request.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine mcCray · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Reception

Wendy and lorenzo where extremely helpful to me for my wedding reception , they let us come in the day before and set everything up since me and my family put together my whole reception , this helped us a lot because doing it the day of would have been a headache .. I appreciate all of there help , my guest loved the venue , and talked about how beautiful it is .. I will recommend this venue to anyone. Thank you again

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Rena

Rena Urso · Married on 06/10/2019

Perfect venue for our wedding reception!!!

We LOVED the beautiful HPCH! Everything about it was perfect: great kitchen for our caterer, a beautiful, historical venue, and a large, blank canvas that allowed us to create exactly what we envisioned. Far exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Ilyse

Ilyse Strongin · Married on 02/12/2019

The HP Community House Team made me feel like a guest at my own event!

As an event planner I have never had an experience where I felt like a guest at my own event. The Highland Park Community House felt like home! I was able to create the perfect event for me and my family and Wendy and Lorenzo were there to help every step of the way!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Annelise · Married on 12/30/2018

This venue was beyond amazing!!!

My husband and I are so glad we went with the HPCH for our wedding venue! The staff was beyond amazing (I don't think Wendy ever took longer than half a day to respond to any of my emails), the venue was BEAUTIFUL and exactly what we needed for our winter wedding, and it was 1/2 the price of any other venues we looked at in the city (that's with tables, chairs, AND setup included!!). If you want a beautiful venue with excellent customer service that doesn't break the bank, The Highland Park Community House is a no brainer :)

Sent on 02/27/2019

D . Gulsvig · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day Ever! Wedding 10/20/18

We are on an absolute “high” following our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding this past weekend at the House! The care, cooperation and professionalism we received from Wendy and her staff were exceptional!
    The Highland Park Community House is like a gem hidden away but so accessible. Architecturally beautiful but not forbidding- it was as if we were at home. Our caterer says they have the best kitchen! It was spotlessly clean as was the entire facility!
    We cannot thank everyone at the HPCH for everything they did to make our celebration amazing!❤️

Sent on 10/24/2018

Claire R. · Married on 10/19/2018

Great venue!!

They were great to work with for our Oct. 2018 fundraising event. Very accommodating, easy to work with and responsive to our many questions and requests. Would highly recommend and will use this venue again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Boo & Tara

YANTARA · Married on 09/03/2018

I when i first walked in I knew that this was the place. Wendy she is amazing, she was willing to work with me I so can have my date and my wedding. Even though my wedding is next year I know it will be perfect there.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Meg · Married on 06/30/2018

This is the most perfect wedding venue in the area. The staff is easy to communicate with and they work hard to make your event perfect. Numerous rentals are included when you rent this space and it was the absolute perfect venue for us. We were able to have a beautiful garden ceremony outside and then a wonderful reception inside. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Matthew · Married on 04/20/2018

Overall, amazing experience! From the initial email to the wedding day, Wendy and Lorenzo were amazing and exceeded our expectations! Both were kind and generous, always willing to answer questions and help when needed. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

Wendy & Lorenzo were wonderful to work with! Communication was clear and timely, questions answered, and there were no surprises as we went along - everything was as Wendy and the website described. Lorenzo was super helpful on the day of our wedding, making sure we had the items we needed and that set up happened smoothly. And the actual space - WOW! It is gorgeous, so simple and without need for extra decor. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Bailey · Married on 08/20/2017

This venue is incredible!! My now husband and I looked at many locations for our wedding in the Chicagoland area, but this one topped them all! They not only allowed us to rent a beautiful space, but they provided chairs, tables, sound systems, and more to make our day stress free! Not to mention, Wendy is a dream to work with! She made it easy to book a rehearsal for my wedding party last minute, allowed in the vendors we wanted, and let us have our wedding during an afternoon time slot that better fit our schedule. They set up the ceremony chairs and the rehearsal dinner layout, worked well with our wedding planner, and just made the day amazing!
    I would recommend this location to everyone! Thank you thank you thank you thank you Highland Park Community House!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Marc · Married on 08/20/2017

Choosing this venue and being in touch with Wendy was one of the best parts about planning our wedding. Wendy made it such an amazing experience. The venue is absolutely perfect. We married outside and had reception indoors. AC worked great, beautiful venue. Highly recommended. Thanks a ton! Wendy you are the best!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Lara · Married on 07/23/2017

We used HPCH for our wedding on 7/23/17 and this review is long overdue. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice for a wedding venue. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. It is definitely the best hidden gem of the north shore of Chicago. With HPCH you get the gorgeous indoor space and the lovely large outdoor lawn, a beautiful ballroom, a stage for music with a lovely grand piano.. and the list goes on!. It’s so nice to have the foyer and living room also (we put the bar in the living room and a second on the porch). We also were able to use the multipurpose room downstairs for children with a babysitter, which our guests very much appreciated. Wendy, our main contact was amazing. She is extremely friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, reassuring, clear with pricing, makes things easy, flexible, accommodating with dropping items off early, delivery times, etc. She is more than happy to help in any way including sharing her useful vendor list. The onsite manager Lorenzo is very helpful, thoughtful, hardworking, patient and really no fuss. Our wedding was all set up outside, and it started to rain 30 min before so they had to move it all inside! Everyone worked as a team and it still ended up perfect. We absolutely loved HPCH!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Joi · Married on 07/22/2017

Words cant describe how helpful Wendy at Highland Park community house was and how beautiful the venue was. The price was reasonable and the place was spotless. I had a garden wedding and everything was perfect! I rented this venue with no idea of exactly how I wanted things to be coordinated and Wendy helped me every step of the way. She was polite, helpful, creative and pleasant every single time. Even in a state of panic as a bride, she was amazing! The place its self was beyond what I expected and my day was beautiful. The manager Lorenzo was always very helpful and encouraging when assistance was needed. Wendy and Lorenzo was very coordinated and in tune with every detail as I described it. I would definitely have more events at this location and I have already suggested this place to four other couples that I know that is getting married as well. Thank you so very much Wendy! You truly are a wonderful woman and Im so honored with the opportunity to have met you and your staff. More events for me at this location in the near future!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Jan · event on: 07/15/2017

This venue was perfect for our event. We actually held two different events but by utilizing two different rooms, the flow was exactly what we wanted. Wendy was a dream to work with, so easy and helpful. She made some great suggestions to help us plan which made everything even better! Lorenzo was our site Mgr for the evening and he went above and beyond to accommodate us and even helped set up! We will definitely use this venue again and again.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Marlee · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved working with Highland Park Community House for our wedding! Wendy was very helpful and always prompt with her responses to any questions, and Lorenzo the building manager was extremely professional, reliable, and helpful in receiving and safely storing our liquor, cake, and other items for the day in advance, coordinating the set-up exactly how we wanted it, and staying on-site to make sure that everything went smoothly for the duration of the event. The price is also very reasonable for a well-sized space with lovely character and charm.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Beth · event on: 07/01/2017

We hosted a shower for our son at the Community House. We rented the ballroom which is beautiful. Wendy was our contact and she was extremely helpful, courteous and quick to respond to my many questions. Lorenzo was on site for set up and help. He was very helpful and available when we needed help with additional set up and changes immediately. He also had great suggestions for how to lay everything out so the event flowed perfectly between food, beverages and guests. I would definitely rent this venue again.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

The community house was my dream location. A place with charm and elegance and at a reasonable price! Wendy was always very professional and Lorenzo is so helpful and accommodating! Everyone loved the venue and it is exactly what I had envisioned for our wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2017