68 Reviews for Highland Park Community House

Lighting/Sound (2)
Audio Equipment (2)
Wireless Internet (1)
46 Highland Park Community House Reviews

I when i first walked in I knew that this was the place. Wendy she is amazing, she was willing to work with me I so can have my date and my wedding. Even though my wedding is next year I know it will be perfect there.

Profile Picture YANTARA , 9/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Event Rentals, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Overall, amazing experience! From the initial email to the wedding day, Wendy and Lorenzo were amazing and exceeded our expectations! Both were kind and generous, always willing to answer questions and help when needed. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing this venue and being in touch with Wendy was one of the best parts about planning our wedding. Wendy made it such an amazing experience. The venue is absolutely perfect. We married outside and had reception indoors. AC worked great, beautiful venue. Highly recommended. Thanks a ton! Wendy you are the best!!!

Profile Picture Marc, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

This venue is incredible!! My now husband and I looked at many locations for our wedding in the Chicagoland area, but this one topped them all! They not only allowed us to rent a beautiful space, but they provided chairs, tables, sound systems, and more to make our day stress free! Not to mention, Wendy is a dream to work with! She made it easy to book a rehearsal for my wedding party last minute, allowed in the vendors we wanted, and let us have our wedding during an afternoon time slot that better fit our schedule. They set up the ceremony chairs and the rehearsal dinner layout, worked well with our wedding planner, and just made the day amazing!
I would recommend this location to everyone! Thank you thank you thank you thank you Highland Park Community House!!!

Profile Picture Bailey, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cant describe how helpful Wendy at Highland Park community house was and how beautiful the venue was. The price was reasonable and the place was spotless. I had a garden wedding and everything was perfect! I rented this venue with no idea of exactly how I wanted things to be coordinated and Wendy helped me every step of the way. She was polite, helpful, creative and pleasant every single time. Even in a state of panic as a bride, she was amazing! The place its self was beyond what I expected and my day was beautiful. The manager Lorenzo was always very helpful and encouraging when assistance was needed. Wendy and Lorenzo was very coordinated and in tune with every detail as I described it. I would definitely have more events at this location and I have already suggested this place to four other couples that I know that is getting married as well. Thank you so very much Wendy! You truly are a wonderful woman and Im so honored with the opportunity to have met you and your staff. More events for me at this location in the near future!

Profile Picture Joi, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved working with Highland Park Community House for our wedding! Wendy was very helpful and always prompt with her responses to any questions, and Lorenzo the building manager was extremely professional, reliable, and helpful in receiving and safely storing our liquor, cake, and other items for the day in advance, coordinating the set-up exactly how we wanted it, and staying on-site to make sure that everything went smoothly for the duration of the event. The price is also very reasonable for a well-sized space with lovely character and charm.

Profile Picture Marlee, 7/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The community house was my dream location. A place with charm and elegance and at a reasonable price! Wendy was always very professional and Lorenzo is so helpful and accommodating! Everyone loved the venue and it is exactly what I had envisioned for our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Set Up, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

Wendy and onsite manager, Lorenzo, were wonderful throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. Always willing to do whatever they could to make sure our day was perfect. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how it was such a perfect place for our wedding. We had our ceremony outside and our reception inside. It was perfect for our beautiful day!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I haven't quite had my event there yet, so take this for what you will...but so far, I am pleased as punch with my choice of venue for my wedding.

I am planning from a distance, which makes things difficult. Wendy and the HP House have been so responsive, so informative. I have no worries about my venue on my big day. It's such a relief!! I highly reccommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 11/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Such a beautiful place to have a small intimate wedding. We definitely got more for our buck going to the suburbs. My wedding was perfect!

Profile Picture Romisha, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here, and it was great. After viewing a number of venues in the city and getting quotes, we found Highland Park Community House. The HPCH quote included all the chairs and tables needed, as well as set up of the chairs/tables. And it was roughly half the price of city venues, which all said we were responsible for getting tables and chairs (even if it was renting directly from the venue...).

The HPCH is a lovely little spot, and it's easy to get to by car or Metra. Our wedding was DIY, and we were able to plan/decorate ourselves. We had access to the location the day before and the day of for drop off and set up. The side garden was a perfect location for an outdoor ceremony and for photos. Lorenzo, the building manager, was available on site to help before and after the event. And the venue's professional kitchen was more than what the caterers needed. Lastly, the ladies room/powder room on the first floor made for a perfect 'getting ready' room.

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect place for the wedding my daughter dreamed of. The space is beautiful and you can decorate to make it feel and look the way you dreamed of. Or not decorate at all due to the beauty of the building and grounds. You get the whole place to your self and an on-site maintenance man, Lorenzo, who is awesome to work with.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Community House was the perfect venue for our DIY wedding. Wendy was great to work with and Lorenzo was a superhero the day of the wedding and for setup. Everything was exactly how we wanted it, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just had my daughter's wedding at the Highland Park Community House. I cannot say enough good things about working with them! Each person we came into contact with for various things went above and beyond our expectations in terms of service. The space was beautiful and a good value. Best kept "secret" on the North Shore!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Highland Park Community House was a wonderful location for our son's wedding. It was lovely. The building has a lot of Character. THe room is filled with light during the day. We had 150 guests. Their was ample seating room and space for a large dance area. The space is affordable and provides tables and chairs inthe price. Their maintenance staff was outstanding during the planning process and during the wedding itself.
The ceremony was outside and that area was lovely as well.

Profile Picture Debra, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Highland Park community house was PERFECT! Its a beautiful venue with lots of character and charm.

The staff there is also great. Lorenzo did an awesome job setting up the venue exactly how we asked. They also allow you to select your own vendors which was a requirement for us because we wanted a specific caterer.

Overall, i would highly recommend them

Profile Picture Dena, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were just married there and it was PERFECT!!! The staff was incredibly friendly and Lorenzo was there whenever we needed him! He is INCREDIBLE!!! Our caterer raved about the venue as well! They said they had the space they needed to work and got all of the assistance they needed!

I have one recommendation for you, go see the venue set up for a wedding! I was sold the moment I saw it! I checked out a second time when it was not set up and the people I was with were not sold. However, after attending our wedding, they raved about the venue and stressed they were wrong!!!

Trust me, use this venue!

Profile Picture Curtis, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got engaged in January of 2015 and we were on a tight schedule when it came to planning our wedding because we were aiming to get married in the spring (when my favorite flowers, peonies, would be in season). We compared different banquet halls and venues but nothing seemed to have everything we were looking for in a reception venue. Finally we came across the community house. It is like a hidden gem! Once I went to check it out i fell in love with the house! From the location, to the layout, to the overall 'feel' of the house I knew this was the perfect place to have our reception. We had our wedding here in June of 2015. I could go on to describe the beautiful and spacious ballroom. Or the perfect industrialized kitchen, big enough to give your caterer the space needed to set everything up. Or the fact that there are enough bathrooms downstairs for your guests, plus an elevator for ones who are not able to take the stairs (or a way for your bridal party to transport upstairs for your grand entrance). These were all things we considered when looking for a venue, the functionality of it was perfect! If you're still not sure if you want to check out the house, just take 5 mins to either talk to Wendy or Lisa and you will be convinced that it is worth your time to take a look at it in person. Wendy, Lisa, and Lorenzo are not only professional but they truly care about every client, guest, and detail. Remember, the end result is only as successful as the people who help you make it happen! Our pictures are featured under the album D&M on their Facebook page (thanks to our professional photographer Jorelle Gates). If you decide to host your event here, I hope you can have as great of a memory of it as we do!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with HP Community House after I moved into the area and attended a meeting there. When we were looking for wedding venues, the Community House topped our list. We arranged our wedding ceremony with reception immediately following. The Community House has a grand ballroom that is stately and elegant with a stage, a lovely foyer/entry, and a side quieter living room where we stationed the bar. We were easily able to bring in our own caterer (there's a full kitchen), lighting specialist, and florist for the event. HPCH has its own sound system which allowed us to do our own iPod DJ setup. There is also a beautiful grand piano available, which added a beautiful touch to the ceremony. Executive Director, Wendy Horwitch, was efficient, responsive, and a pleasure to work with in coordinating the occasion. Lorenzo was our facilities contact and he was on hand throughout the evening. We loved how everything came together.

Profile Picture Debra, 5/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Highland Park Community House is a beautiful house that dates back to the 1920s at the edge of downtown Highland Park, IL. The small staff (Lisa, Wendy and Lorenzo) are extremely easy to work with, and they are very flexible in making your even exactly what you want it to be. They have no preferred vendors that they work with, so they're perfect for a couple that wants to really customize their wedding. The venue is also very reasonably priced for such a gorgeous space. The ballroom has large windows that line two walls, so during the day, the room is filled with a glorious natural light that our photographers (and we) loved. My maid of honor was so impressed with the venue that she decided to have her wedding there next year! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Erika, 3/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wendy was extremely helpful with coordinating the event.
Lisa was very gracious and also extremely helpful.
Both accommodated special requests whenever possible. Nothing seemed too odd or difficult.
Set-up person-Lorenzo-was very willing, and able, to assist with any special needs.
If the need were to arise again, I'd definitely consider Highland Park Community House for an event.

Profile Picture User4900203, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Highland Park Community house was a wonderful space to have our wedding and reception in. We had initially planned on having our wedding ceremony outside on the lawn, but the rains forced us in. Lorenzo, the delightful and efficient custodian of the house, arranged to have it indoors and made it look like it was supposed to be indoors the whole time. A lot of the guests commented upon the elegance of the House and everybody had a great time.

Profile Picture User4360311, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked the venue 3 months out for our perfect DIY wedding. I was so happy to find a beautiful place that was within our budget. We had just under 200 but was happy that there was room for more so we were able to invite a liberal list. There was plenty of room for us. We had simple catering, nice plastic dishes, hired bar tender serving the drinks we ordered thru binnys, a great dj/band combo on the stage, we used chair covers to dress up the place a bit, but it was just so nice. There is an outside area for ceremony but since I wanted a longer catholic-like ceremony and I didn't want to make my guest hot and sweaty in July we did ceremony inside the great hall. Then we said hellos to guests in the hall and they then went to the living room for cocktails. The great hall room was turned over to the reception configuration. The booking/viewing/planning was easy. No inflated prices and hard sell here. The only thing I would recommend is that it might be beneficial to hire a good day of wedding planner/coordinator. We had a hired team of friends of friends and they were a bit overwhelmed. But overall this place was a great option for a larger DIY venue. Wendy and Lorenzo were great!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/5/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with the Highland Park Community House the first time I walked in the door. So classic and beautiful, I could not have asked for a more perfect place for our wedding! Wendy was great to work with as was Lisa. Beautiful!

Profile Picture leah, 5/17/14, 7 Reviews