Highland Manor Reviews

104 Reviews for Highland Manor

• Camille

Camille Cappiello · Getting married on 03/05/2021

Breathtaking

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with it the minute we stepped inside. Michelle was super informative and helpful and able to answer all of my questions. I am excited to be working with them for my wedding and cannot wait for the big day!

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Jen

Jen Danilowski · Getting married on 09/03/2020

Simply Amazing

When you think about everything that goes into a wedding, the time, the trappings, the minute elements that make a day perfect, we often overlook one of the most important: the Team behind the magic. Now, when we first looked at the Highland Manor for our wedding, we fell in love with the feel of the house, the grounds, and of course the beautiful tree where our ceremony would take place. But I think we really fell head over heels for Bonny, Michelle, and the rest of the Highland team both before, during, and after our ceremony. They were beyond professional, supportive, flexible, creative, and talented in what they do. My wife and I truly cannot say enough about our Highland Manor journey.
    From the very start of our journey to find our perfect wedding location, Michelle Edmiston, part of the sales team, welcomed us to Highland Manor and gave us the grand tour, detailing how the day might be set up, organized, and some of the numerous options to customize exactly what we wanted, including the amazing Dubsdread catering menu, and even a personal butler on the day of our wedding. But what sealed the deal for us was knowing we would be able to work with a coordinator during the process. Someone to take pressure off us during our day?! Sign us up! Without a doubt, it was the easiest decision to choose Highland as the place that ultimately would be our wedding destination.
    After the initial consultation, we were contacted by the person who would become our wedding coordinator and over all Jane-of-all-trades, Bonny Bailey. This is where the real magic began. We gave ourselves a wide timeframe to get all the details in place for the wedding, and Bonny was a part of the process from the beginning, providing us with a list of vendors that knew Highland Manor intimately, but also would bring to life the details that we had fallen in love with in our initial Facebook reviews.
    Each step of the way, Bonny made sure that we felt comfortable, answered our questions in a timely and positive way, and even gave us suggestions to how to shift several ideas to make them even better. Not to mention, she did this with a smile, a joke, and a delightful positivity that was a breath of fresh air each time my fiancée and I connected with her.
    One of the best parts of this experience was choosing our menu, which was an absolute delight! As we decided on what our choices would be, we realized how our pescatarian tastes could align with our guest choices without leaving anyone wanting. Several months before the wedding, we were invited to take part in a group tasting, that would provide all the guests with several choices from the appetizer, mains, sides, and late-night choices so that guests could narrow down their top picks. Bonny, knowing that we were bypassing all the meat selections, even prepared a special vegetarian dish specifically for us so that we had a wider range to choose from and not feel left out during the tasting. These are the details that make Bonny and her team so incredible at what they do.
    On the day of our wedding, it was a dream come true, and in true Highland fashion, each detail was exquisitely attended to, especially with the help of our personal butler, who knew right when we needed a glass of champagne to ease our nerves. Even with a few last-minute things that came up for us unexpectedly, Bonny was there with an efficiency that could only be attributed to being in 20 places at the same time. I sincerely mean this. She was connecting with us during each moment of the evening, making sure the only thing we required of us was to focus on how beautiful our day was, how much we loved each other, and the amazing guests who shared our day. Oh, and did I mention Bonny also made sure that we were each handed our favorite cocktails after and during the ceremony, right down to hand stuffed, blue cheese olives?
    When the night was over, she made sure all our things were safely packed, our cake was distributed, and sent us off with a smile and some champagne to toast to our perfect night. I sincerely hope that anyone who is looking for the perfect venue, with the most incredibly talented, professional, and positively driven individuals chooses The Highland Manor. You will have memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 04/14/2020
  • Makenna

Makenna Wyatt · Married on 03/21/2020

The absolute PERFECT venue!

I can not write enough amazing things about Highland Manor and their team. First off, the venue itself is gorgeous -- the house, the tree-lined driveway, the beautiful oak tree... it's absolute perfection. The thing that makes it even better is the AMAZING team that is working behind the scenes. From our first tour with Michelle, we knew that this was our venue. The bridal suite upstairs is so beautiful -- from the day I saw it, I could see my wedding dress hanging from the beams. When we were assigned out coordinator, Bonny, it was a PERFECT match. She was always quick to respond, answering any questions we had and walking us though each and every step with absolute professionalism. Our wedding day went flawlessly. Bonny made sure that everything was set up exactly how we wanted -- she even fixed my bustle after someone stepped on it on the dance floor! She is AMAZING! You also have a butler who is constantly bringing you anything you may need -- he literally was by our side with food and drinks the ENTIRE day. Speaking of the food -- three months later, and I still have guests talking about how incredible the food was. I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about Highland Manor and the Dubsdread team -- if you're thinking about booking here, DO IT! You will not regret it.

Sent on 06/16/2020
  • allidb8579

Allison · Married on 03/17/2020

Highland Manor did an awesome job they made sure my wedding day went smoothly without a hitch. I couldn't have asked for better service

Sent on 09/26/2014

Aaron Murrell · Married on 01/11/2020

The Perfect Day

From the moment we arrived at Highland Manor, the staff was welcoming and ready to assist us in any way we needed. We met with Michelle in May of 2019 and was given a tour of the estate. She greeted us with a big smile and a hug and we were on our way. Michelle was ready to answer all of our questions without hesitation and we could tell that Highland Manor was going to be the right venue for our wedding. After locking in the date, we later received our email invitation to the food tasting night. While dining, Bonny, one of the coordinators with Highland Manor and Dubsdread, who owns her own company, P.S. I Love You Productions, came up to our table and greeted us. She informed us that she will be our wedding coordinator, which is part of the package with Highland Manor. No matter the time of day, Bonny was quick to respond. One of the great things about Highland Manor and the wedding coordinator, is that once you have found all of your vendors and hired them for the day of, the coordinator will take over from there to coordinate their arrivals and set up times. Bonny was amazing to work with through the entire process. She would check up on us to see if we had any questions or any new information. By the day of the wedding, Bonny was like family to us and wanted our day to be perfect. While we kept the decor for the ceremony simple, the reception had many detailed pieces. During the ceremony, Bonny was at work inside the reception area setting the tables. When we walked into the reception area to see what she had done, our breath was taken away. She captured our vision perfectly and it was everything we ever wanted. The food was immaculate and we could eat the food everyday. Dubsdread Catering was able to cater to the special requests we had for gluten intolerant guests and any other special needs we had. The entire day was truly perfect and we are forever grateful for Bonny, Michelle and the rest of the Highland Manor/Dubsdread Catering team.

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Alex

Alex Rizzo · Married on 12/15/2019

Perfect place for a perfect wedding

This place is everything I could of wanted and more. From the amazing staff to the great food! the presentation was perfect and the team including my wedding planner Michelle E. was there every step of the way, this was the best day of my life and It would not have been possible without this amazing team!!! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • F

fran scharf · Married on 12/10/2019

could not have asked for more

Perfect, is really the only way to describe our experience with Bonny and The Highland Manor! Every single need was met for us, and that was a heavy lift:) Bonny and every single staff member was outstanding; from our first meeting, to our last hugs as we left after the reception was over. I was blown away! When there was a hick-up during the planning process, and up through days before Bonny was there to fix it and make it disappear. By the time we started walking down the aisle, magic had begun, and never ever left the event. I still cannot believe how it turned out. I cannot recommend Bonny and the Highland Manor enough!!! At the end my daughter said "mom, it was exactly what I wanted" What else could a MOB ask for:) You will not be disappointed! Thank you Bonny and Highland Manor

Sent on 10/21/2019

Aubree · Married on 12/07/2019

Magical and unforgettable!

My wedding here was nothing short of spectacular!! Bonny and Juan especially, but everyone was and is so amazing. I wouldn’t have wanted my day anywhere else! I only wish the day had lasted longer!

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Brian

Brian Wells · Married on 11/03/2019

One Amazing Wedding Venue

Highland Manor is a great place to get married. The staff knows their stuff and will take care of every detail. The grounds and amenities are amazing, especially the big, old Oak Tree and the old plantation mansion. This venue hosts a lot of weddings and events, and for that reason they have perfected the planning process. If you choose Highland Manor, you will not have anything to worry about when it comes to your wedding or event.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Rach

Rach Noell · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Experience!!

I was blown away with how wonderful this experience was. I knew the Dubsdread event staff was top notch (with friends having used them for their weddings), but wow! From the beginning, one of our reasons for choosing this venue was obviously how beautiful the property is, but also how much is included. I felt like it took SO much of the extra planning I would have had to do otherwise out of the process. It helped to streamline so much, however, I still felt like I was able to choose from so many options of menu, linens, etc. Every time I emailed with a question, someone answered me promptly and efficiently. They also had ideas that I would not have even thought of. The day of the wedding, the entire staff made us feel so welcome and taken care of. The butler and our coordinator treated us like old friends and on such an important day filled with nerves, this was so appreciated. The setup was beyond my expectations, and the cleanup was fantastic and organized. Thank you, thank you, thank you to this team! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Brittny

Brittny · Married on 10/07/2019

AMAZING Nerdy Garden Wedding

Highland Manor is not only gorgeous, but the staff are wonderful! I chose Highland Manor for its beautiful look and I got a wonderful experience as well. From the moment I first contacted the Manor I was put in contact with Michelle, who became my event coordinator for my wedding. Michelle made our every dream come true! The price for renting the venue and the catering provided in house is absolutely worth it! We received a complimentary tasting, multiple planning sessions, and even a butler to assist the day of the wedding. I highly recommend Highland Manor for your ceremony and reception and I cannot say enough good things about Michelle!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Horica

Horica Ionescu · Married on 09/03/2019

Phenomenal Wedding Experience

Five out of five. Can’t give enough high praise to Highland Manor and the Dubsdread Catering team. My wife and I have worked with Highland Manor for almost a year and half in preparation for our wedding. The process leading up to the wedding and the actual wedding day itself was more than we could have ever hoped for.
    During the initial steps of the planning process, we got to see many beautiful venues. What separated Highland Manor from the rest, in addition to the gorgeous property, was the Dubsdread Catering team. We got the opportunity to observe the team in action at another venue early in the planning process. Their professionalism, work ethic and attention to detail confirmed that we had made the right choice. Michelle Edmiston, who became our day-of-coordinator, was friendly and professional from the start. Right away her experience and competence was apparent. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, Michelle was there to assist in any way possible. The stress in planning a wedding was alleviated on more than one occasion with Michelle’s guidance and advice in tackling issues that arose. We didn’t even require a wedding planner with the services and assistance provided us by Michelle and Dubsdread.
    One of the other perks of Highland Manor was the pricing. Pricing is very flexible. Dubsdread gives you many options that can cater to a variety of budgets. Certain times of day/week/year for the event and both food and drink options can be adjusted to fit any budget. My wife and I were very pleased with Dubsdread’s flexibility which allowed us to have the wedding we wanted with a budget that we had allotted.
    The wedding day was spectacular. Planning can be strenuous and last a long time, but it was all worth it for the result. Michelle and the Dubsdread team did a phenomenal job and we’ll remember our special day at Highland Manor for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Kaley Norman · Married on 05/03/2019

Absolutely amazing place to get married!

My husband and I got married at Highland Manor about one month ago and it was honestly the happiest, most perfect day of our lives! The professionalism and care the entire team shows for their clients is absolutely incredible. We worked with Michelle who was friendly, helpful, and professional, to tour the venue and learn about pricing and booking details a year before our date. Once we booked the date we had a TON of questions! Any time I had a question I called their direct line and was able to speak with a helpful associate who was very helpful. About two months before our wedding our coordinator Bonny stepped in and began helping us plan for the big day. Let me tell you I asked this girl a LOT of questions in the weeks leading up to our meeting, and she was always responsive and helpful! She answered all of my questions and provided advice when I was unsure of anything. I thought I was detail-oriented but Bonny thought of literally everything and made sure my husband and I did not have to worry about the small details. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect from the moment we arrived to the moment we left for our honeymoon! Bonny, Michelle, Bob our butler, and the entire Highland Manor staff went above and beyond for us to make our day amazing. Literally every detail was taken into account. Our butler Bob was fantastic- he brought us whatever drinks we wanted, made sure we were comfortable, and even carried my veil as I walked down the aisle so it wouldn't snag on the ground...like what!?! Bonny literally is super woman, she coordinated all of the vendors and our guests/wedding party. She made sure everyone knew where to be and what to do at all times in a kind a professional manner. She also decorated everything beautifully! (I sent her extremely detailed lists of where I wanted everything; bless her for even being able to make sense of my crazy notes) And she bustled my dress within like two minutes by herself without me even asking! I could literally go on forever about how incredible Bonny is! Also all of our guests (including my husband and I) LOVED the food. We did a brunch wedding so we had breakfast food, and everyone was obsessed with the food... everything was amazing! My husband and I had the most perfect day and it was all because of Bonny and the Highland Manor team. We are so grateful for their amazing service and attention to every detail, as it truly made our day special for everyone who attended. Thank you so much to Bonny, Michelle, Bob, and every staff member who helped us have the most perfect wedding that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 03/20/2019

Creating perfect moments

The venue was beautiful and everything went smoothly. They decorate and take down, provide a personal butler, and an on the day coordinator. Also the food was so good and they pack two dinners to go as a nice touch. They knew how to create perfect moments between the reception reveal and a perfect reception!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 02/18/2019

Beautiful Venue with an amazing staff

We had an amazing experience on our wedding day and it's all because of the Wonderful team at Highland Manor. We started our first contact with Bonny. She was wonderful showing us around the property and giving us all the information we needed to pick a place to host our wedding. It was important for us to have a place we could have both ceremony and reception at the same location. I also had a big party so I wanted to have a spot we could all get ready for the day. The bridal suite was very big for my big party and was so beautiful I knew it would look great in pictures. This was the first place we looked at and loved it but still had a few other places on the list to check out. The other spaces didn't even compare. After we booked every time I had a question about the event the team would get back to us in a timely matter and was always very accommodating. As we got closer to our date we were assigned David as our day of coordinator. We could not have been happier. David was amazing. He was very organized and so professional. He always answered any questions in a very timely manner. The day of was amazing. We had a butler service which was amazing. The staff the whole day was so friendly and took such good care of us. Always made sure I had a drink in my hand and that I got plenty of time to eat. The food was fantastic. I got so many complements on the food for the wedding day. They even gave us to go bags so we had something to eat later one in the evening. David was great through out the night. He would come and check in with us and make sure we were staying on our time line and then would take a step back and let us enjoy our night. He had a great balance of being available when we needed him stepping back and letting us enjoy the night. My pictures came out beautifully and that is due to the beauty of the venue itself. If you are an Orlando bride and looking for a venue please check out Highland Manor. A big thank you to to the team at Highland Manor for making our day so special.

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Kate · Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing Brunch Wedding!

We cannot even begin to describe how amazing the staff at Dubsdread Catering was in helping us have the wedding of our dreams at Highland Manor! Michelle was with us every step of the way and we could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator! The day of staff took care of everything and made the day run so smoothly for us and our guests. Our brunch menu was a hit for everyone and we loved the mimosas. Again, thank you all again for helping us have the perfect day!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Shaye

Shaye · Married on 11/08/2018

A Dream Location and AMAZING Service

Highland Manor is a perfect location. It is conveniently located and easy to access. The building and grounds are so beautiful and can provide so many different opportunities for photos. I cannot recommend Highland Manor enough. Highland Manor gave us our dream wedding and it was so reasonable. So many things are included when you use this venue.

When I first saw Highland Manor I assumed it would be out of my budget. I was definitely budget conscious and a DIY bride. But, it was within my budget and I was still able to express myself through projects and decor.

The service at Highland Manor, from the coordinators (we had Bonny who was simply AMAZING), to the food (also AMAZING), to the space (just breathtaking) couldn't be matched by any other venue.

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 10/19/2018

Can't Recommend Enough

WOW is all I can say. Our original wedding venue cancelled on us three months prior to our wedding date and we were left crushed. Christiana was the first person we came into contact with and she was awesome at making our original budget fit with the Highland Manor menus. Michelle showed us the property two days later and she really gave us an in-depth view at all that the venue has to offer. We were there talking with her for almost an hour and a half and we didn't feel rushed in the slightest. Bonny was our assigned wedding coordinator and her and the team were AMAZING - they made us feel so comfortable after such a terrible experience with the previous venue. Leading up to our wedding day, Bonny was so organized, answered my emails so quickly, and just made us feel confident that everything would go according to plan. And everything went so well on our big day! I wasn't bothered with small details and I was able to enjoy the whole day with almost no stress. Highland Manor and Bonny really know how to execute a wedding from set-up to breakdown. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and we are so glad that that this was where we ended up having our wedding. A true blessing in disguise!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

What a beautiful venue! So perfect!

Highland Manor was the star at our wedding! The beautiful tree with the Spanish moss was so perfect of a backdrop. The staff on the night was so professional, organized, sweet and kind. The evening was such a success and we highly recommend the Highland Manor for anyone wanting a beautiful vintage feel venue and great professional staff!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/08/2018

My wedding was on 9/8/2018 at The Highland Manor. It is such a beautiful venue. Bonny was my day of coordinator. She made my wedding day feel like a breeze and I didn't worry about anything. If I needed anything Bonny and her team were there to assist. Even during the planning stages of my wedding she was always available to answer any questions I had. She was amazing.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2018

My wedding was this past Wednesday and Bonny and The Highland Manor staff were nothing short of amazing!!! They made sure my Husband and I wedding day went smoothly And that everything was perfect! Thank you ❤️

Sent on 07/14/2018

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2018

Where do I even begin? Highland Manor, Bonny, and her whole team were INCREDIBLY AMAZING! Our entire experience from beginning to end was perfect. Bonny is so accommodating, always responded, quickly and was so willing to help with whatever we wanted! She made things so easy. The venue was absolutely beautiful and our guests had an amazing time. We ended up having to change our ceremony location due to inclement weather, but we were still so happy with the result. The Highland Manor team are experts and were such a pleasure to work with! Thank you so much for making our most important day the best it could ever be! Your attention to detail and high quality service made everything perfect. Shoutout to Gian for being the best butler ever!!! One of our deciding factors to choose Highland was the butler service for the wedding party, and he exceeded our expectations! We will remember this team fondly!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Heather · Married on 04/14/2018

What a beautiful venue for my wedding! It was everything I imagined and more! The food was awesome and the staff was AMAZING! We were treated like royalty. Bonny and the entire Highland Manor Team went over and beyond. Everything was executed beautifully and was absolutely perfect!! Thank you Bonny for everything!!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2018

Highland Manor, Bonny, and Dubsdread Catering are AMAZING! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and Bonny helped make sure we had the most perfect wedding day.

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue than this one! The main house is very elegant inside and out. The outside portion of the house made for some amazing photos and provided the perfect back drop for our ceremony by the big oak tree.

Bonny did an exceptional job as the day of coordinator and everything went smoothly and as planned on the day of. As a bride, it was great to know that Bonny could and would handle anything and she made sure we had a perfect, stress-free day. The staff is very hardworking and made the day enjoyable for every guest that was present on our special day. We even had butler for the day who made sure we stayed hydrated and had food to eat. To Bonny and the Dubsdread team, we can’t thank you enough for all of your hard work! Thank you for ensuring that we had the most perfect day imaginable and exceeding any and all expectations we had.

Dubsdread provided the catering service at Highland Manor and it was phenomenal! Nearly every guest we talked to made it a point to mention how great the food was!

Highland Manor is absolutely perfect and beautiful place to have a wedding! Dubsdread Catering and their team helped make our day perfect. We would highly recommend having your wedding or special event at Highland Manor, especially if you want to have a great time!

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • Sharlin

Sharlin · Married on 03/18/2018

Above and beyond

From the moment we visited the Highland manor I knew this was the venue we had to get married at! My husband and I are from Tampa and we made all our guests drive 2 hours to Apopka because that how in love we were with this venue ! Our coordinator was Bonny and she is absolutely amazing !! She promptly replies to all emails and pays close attention to detail. We held our ceremony at annunciation Catholic Church and our reception at the highland manor, I was really worried the transition from the church to the venue would be rough but everything was perfection ! From the moment my guests arrive they were given the best of service ! Pictures do this venue no justice so please make the drive !!

Thank you again to the highland manor staff !!

Sent on 04/02/2019