Highfields Golf & Country Club Reviews

Highfields Golf & Country Club 5
Highfields Golf & Country Club 6
Highfields Golf & Country Club 7

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

We walked into Highfields and knew it was the place. The set up was perfect, the dance floor in the middle of the ballroom and with weather being on our side an outside spot with the perfect backdrop! AnnMarie was very helpful and accommodating throughout the whole process. All the other staff was super friendly and very attentive, it made the day perfect. We were extremely pleased with the venue, staff, and the food was great.

Sent on 12/12/2017
    Highfields Golf & Country Club 13
    Highfields Golf & Country Club 14
    Highfields Golf & Country Club 15
    Highfields Golf & Country Club 16

beautiful venue, very spacious, delicious food!

Sent on 06/05/2013
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 10/19/2018

3.8
      2.0

Highfields

Overall the experience was well. Only downfall was our open bar issue, my husband and I wanted to do a partial open bar wine/beer/sangria and soda. On our wedding day we found out the bar was 100% open and once discovered coordinator stated “she had no idea it was never mentioned to have partial”. I have all my notes and green folders (provided during meetings) saved from every meeting we had leading up to our wedding and never once was a completely open bar mentioned. Thank goodness for my maid of honor or we would of paid for a complete open bar all night! My maid of honor discovered during cocktail hour that the bar was completely open and she knew that wasn’t right and came right to my mother and I to discuss, just make sure you triple check everything prior to your event! Other than that issue they do keep you organized and guide you with a timeline of what to do prior to the event and the landscape is gorgeous.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Alyssa & Michael,
    Thank-you for taking the time to write. I apologize for the confusion over the open bar. I know we had several discussions during our meetings on what type of bar service you wanted. When the final invoice was sent to you for your review it did say open entire evening for anything and you did not request it to be changed. Luckily we were notified during cocktail of this change. Happy to say everyone enjoyed the evening and it was beautiful wedding.
  • Felicia

Felicia Puzo · Married on 10/07/2018

2.0

Communication

Annmarie was great until the day off of wedding where she seemed to drop the ball. Terrible communication with her staff as well as my vendors.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Felicia & Zach,
    I'm glad we had the opportunity to discuss your concerns. We will work harder to obtain the individual vendors timelines to ensure we have the same agenda for the day. Thank-you for your feedback.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2012

1.0

Unfortunately, I would love to give this place a great review, but the wedding coordinator made it impossible. When my fiance and I first visited the Highfield, we had met with the original wedding coordinator and she was amazing. That was one of the main reasons we decided to have our reception here. Unfortunately that wedding coordinator had to resign from her job and we were left with the new one.

Let me start off with saying the food was incredible. Absolutely delicious. The only thing that drags down the score of the venue is the current wedding coordinator. We had emailed with her a few times and she was extremely rude in the emails and my husband had to actually call her out on it. We thought she would change but still she was rude.
    My husband and I felt like we were left all alone on our wedding day with NO TIME LINE. We did not see the wedding coordinator at all during the night. We only saw her right before and after the pictures and she was extremely rude. Our photographer asked if the wedding coordinator would please inform the wedding party to head outside for pictures, and the wedding coordinator never notified them. She was very rude to some of our guests, including our families.

The band that played at our wedding also had a difficult time with her. She never handed them a timeline, so we had to figure it out with the band on our own, during our wedding. It was under our impression that the wedding coordinator runs things along. Not at the Highfield, I guess.

If you do not mind feeling like an inconvenience, then feel free to have your wedding reception at this location. I am honestly insulted that the wedding coordinator did not help us out the way she had helped the other couples that reviewed the Highfield. I do not know what she had against us, but it was terrible.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Sarah,
    We are terribly sorry for your experience with our past Wedding Coordinator in 2012. We do have a new Coordinator since 2014 with exceptional ratings.

0.0

Terrible place to have a wedding. The staff, especially the bar staff, were among the rudest people I have ever dealt with. The staff closed the bar over a half hour early because one or two guests had been over served (by their bar staff nonetheless). The staff was unresponsive to the pleas of the bride and groom, who ended up leaving about a half hour early because people assumed the reception was over because the bar was closed. The bartenders were rude to guests who asked why the bar was closing early. The venue had beautiful views but the horrible rudeness of the staff is not nearly enough to overcome the views. Avoid at all costs.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Highfields Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank-you for bringing this situation to our attention. We apologize for your experience and have addressed this with our staff. It is Highfields contract policy that the bar gives last call a half hour prior to the event ending. This gives the guests relaxing time to finish their last drink of the evening.