Higher City Wedding Films Reviews

16 | Monterey, CA

16 Reviews for Higher City Wedding Films

Jessica · Getting married on 08/31/2019

Steven was fantastic to work with. He pays a lot of attention to detail and made us feel very comfortable during our session. We had a great time during our shoot and loved all of the beautiful and secluded places Steven took us. It was great working with someone who is so passionate about their work. Would recommend Steven for any photo/video needs!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Jessika

Jessika · Married on 11/10/2018

An absolutely perfect fit

So happy I found this amazing videographer & his team. So far in advance we met up and came up with a plan. He listened to our personalized needs and came up with several ideas to enhance our video and make it that much more special. We cried and cried when we finally got to see this video. It was more like a work of art; a true masterpiece. Steven always made us feel comfortable when he was filming on our wedding day; like he was a friend, not a videographer, who was capturing our every move and compliling a great library of special moments for us. He was respectful, knowledgeable, kind, and so obviously experienced. Steven makes A+ films and I would recommend his services to anyone. There’s no way to describe the feeling of getting to watch myself walk down the aisle; a feeling and perspective that I thought I’d never get to see. Thanks again Steven, it’s been an honor and a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Brittney · Married on 07/07/2018

We cannot thank Steven and his team enough. We found Steven after he filmed my cousins wedding. After seeing the amazing work he did for my cousins wedding, we knew we had to met up with Steven.

During the first consultation, he really took the time to get to know us. Steven asked us questions about the proposal, how we met, the bridal party, and any special moments we wanted him to capture. He showed us other examples of wedding films he recently did since we had already seen my cousins. He has great attention to detail and is really friendly.
    We immediately knew he would do an amazing job of capturing our big day.

Through out the wedding planning he was constantly checking in on us. Steven helped create a day of timeline. He actually helped us find our wedding photographer. He was in contact with the photographer he referred us to, which was great so they would both be on the same page when it came to capturing our big day.

We just got our wedding videos and we couldn't be happier. Our highlight video was everything we imaged and so much more. We can't stop watching it. We can't wait to show all our family and friends. We will always cherish our wedding video!!!

Brittney & Edgar

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Y

yen · Married on 08/19/2017

Higher City Wedding Films was the best decision we ever made related to our wedding videography search experience. Steven was able to meet with us several times to plan and made sure everything came out perfectly. The quality of the service was phenomenal. I honestly highly recommend Steven and his team they were able to record our special day in a professional manner. I was impressed that at our wedding, we did not see them as much, and they were able to record essential memorable moments.

Sent on 02/13/2018
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I got married on August 12, 2017 and used Higher City Films. When searching for a videographer, I found Steven's work and loved it.
    My husband and I live in Petaluma, so we were not able to meet Steven in person. Thankfully, he was used to this and scheduled a skype meeting for us. During this meeting he asked us a few questions and found out our vision for our wedding and video.
    We met up with him once before our wedding and it was great. He was there to answer any questions we had.
    We received our wedding video via email about 10 and half weeks after our wedding. I could not wait! I kept wondering and asking when the video was coming. Once it came, we were thrilled. He did an amazing job with our wedding videos. We definitely recommend him for all other weddings!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2017

We took a chance when selecting Steven's services as coming over from the UK we only had previous reviews to rely on and looking at his website. We selected him initially as his videos seemed to offer something different, unique and personal. It wasn't your standard run of the mill job where you had to fit into his schedule. From the very first Skype session we knew we were in safe hands. Steven took the time to really get to know us and personalise our day.
    Having just received the video link we are so thrilled. It has brought back some many wonderful memories and we can't thank him enough.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Kaila · Married on 08/05/2017

If it was possible to give Steven and Higher City Wedding Films 100 Stars, we would. Our experience was flawless from start to finish. Steven is highly professional, incredibly kind, easy going, and a true master of his craft. Steven was always easy to get ahold of, and never needed much direction. We trusted him and his team completely. During the ceremony and throughout the celebration, the crew was so discrete and respectful it never felt like were being filmed! When we got our video, we kept rewatching it for days, and each time we felt transported back to the best day of our lives. This video was the best money ever spent!! We will cherish our wedding video forever. Steven, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Tingting · Married on 05/20/2017

We cannot thank Steven and his Higher City Films team enough! We found Steven after searching and reading reviews on numerous wedding videographers for our wedding on Monterey. After initially contacting Steven, he set up time to "meet" with my husband and I through FaceTime due to where we lived.
    During the 1-hour meeting, Steven took the time to learn about the both of us and asked questions on what we expect and envision our wedding videos to be like. He was very thorough and extremely professional. He was very quick on providing us a rough schedule of what the day would look like, and sent us a few wedding films he produced recently.
    Both my husband and I were confident with hiring Higher City Films after our encounters with Steven. Through-out our planning process (from around September 2016 to our wedding in late May 2017), Steven checked-in with us regularly to make sure that we have everything we needed. The day before our wedding, Steven took on himself and made a trip to our venue and met up with us at our rehearsal.
    We just got our videos last week, and could not wait to share with our family and friends. They are exactly what we imagined and much more. So again, THANK YOU HIGHER CITY FILMS!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Celeste · Married on 11/05/2016

We made a last minute decision to hire Steven as our videographer, that was by far one of the best decisions we made. He made sure to capture and highlight moments that meant so much. The way our video was put together made us re-live our day. I shared our video with lots of people. Everyone that I shared it with either cried in front of me or called me in tears because the video was just so-well put together that made people that couldn't make it to our wedding "feel the love". Steven is professional, his easy-going personality made us feel that much more comfortable. He had a lot of good ideas--you can tell, this is his passion! We highly recommend him--you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Brenda · Married on 09/04/2016

Our experience with Steven was genuinely one of a kind. My husband and I were at a bridal expo in Monterey and I saw plenty of wedding film booths and most of them didn't catch my attention, I debated if I even wanted a wedding video at that point. It wasn't until my husband ran into a friend by a video booth and I caught a glimpse of a video from the corner of my eye that looked stunning, I walked over to the booth and saw another couples video on display and it was so beautiful I started crying right there at the expo. I knew I had to have a video of my wedding that would capture the beauty and love of our marriage so I had to get higher city wedding films. We booked them right then and there. My wedding video is so beautiful I watch it almost every day. What Steven does is so special. He is so professional, so kind, and an amazing film maker. If you're looking for the best, look no further. Thank you for everything Steven, I will cherish this for the rest of my life.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/13/2016

Words cannot explain how happy and satisfied we are with Steven's work. He was very patient and profesional.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Paulina · Married on 07/16/2016

Steven did our engagement pictures this spring and they came out fantastic! We couldn't be happier with the quality of his work. We have heard nothing but great things about his videography skills and I would say that as a photographer he was great! We felt comfortable the entire time and he let us have fun with the shoot. He listened to our concerns and rid us of any worries we had about the pictures would come out! It was great!! Thank you!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Marena · Married on 06/04/2016

Steven and his team were amazing! He captured so many different aspects of our wedding day and put them together into a beautiful video we will always cherish! He was very professional, easy to work with, and made us feel very comfortable! Thank you Higher City Films for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Steven and his team are very professional and great people to have around on such a special occasion.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Carlos · Married on 04/30/2016

Really Good Job, Loved Our Video

Sent on 01/13/2017

Ashley · Married on 02/27/2016

One of the best decisions we made! Since there is so much going on the day, we couldn't remember everything unfortunately. Steven and his team captured such special moments for us that we couldn't imagine not having. Our video is fun, joyful and definitely emotional... we were completely blown away. I do have to also say, that neither me or my husband remember having a camera in our face at all which really let us just enjoy the moment! Steven definitely took the time to get to know us (a 90 minute FaceTime call before I even booked!), what we wanted and collaborated beautifully with our photographer (hadn't worked with him prior). Even after the wedding, he was able to honor a few different requests that I didn't ask for prior. I can't say enough good things about Steven, his team and the work they did. AMAZING!

Sent on 01/30/2017