71 Reviews for High Tone Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (11)
Uplighting (11)
Photobooth (2)
71 High Tone Entertainment Reviews

Josh was great and I will definitely use him again!! Thanks Josh.

Profile Picture Aundrea, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you want everyone at your wedding to have a good time, USE HIGH TONE ENTERTAINMENT!! He really does read the crowd so well! He called me and my (now) husband beforehand to just walk through our hopes for our wedding day music. We loved working with him!!! When my wedding planner found out that we decided to book High Tone Entertainment, she was excited because she had worked with him before!!! She assured us that over and over again she has seen him do an incredible job!!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/21/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Josh was a great addition to our wedding reception. He system is very well organized and he took the time to walk-thru our event with us to learn every detail that wanted.

On the day of the wedding he was very helpful and stepped up to the plate when we needed it the most. We forgot to add a song to our ceremony which Josh was not responsible for. We came to him for a favor and he delivered when we needed it the most.

Josh will go above and beyond to make your event seamless and stress free.

Thanks for making our special day truly special.

The VanHoecke’s

Profile Picture Kyle, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

I will always recommend High Tone Entertainment for events. Liana (Harpist) performed for 30 minutes prior to our wedding ceremony and also played our processional and recessional. She was amazing. I had so many compliments on how beautiful the music was. Josh (DJ) was also pretty incredible. He really took care of leading the entire ceremony making my life very easy on our wedding day. They really are the best at what they do.

Profile Picture KRISTEN, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very responsive and enthusiastic about their services. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the photo booth experience at our wedding. Joah went out of his way to seek out specific quality props to coincide with our wedding vision and theme. Wonderful to work with and highly recommended to anyone looking for the same experience or lighting/DJ.

Profile Picture Conecia, 6/28/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Photobooth, Uplighting

High Tone Entertainment is your DJ! Look no further! Josh Ray who manages it is very flexible, fun, and absolutely knows how to entertain guests. My 100+ guests who were adults and children had absolute fun and Josh knew exactly what my guests needed. He also did lighting for my wedding and it was beautiful! Couldn’t have been more happier, this is absolutely one thing I would NOT want to change about my wedding.

Photo
Profile Picture Mari, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh and High Tone are awesome. We can’t recommend them enough. Josh was professional, friendly, and helped me pull off a surprise for my husband! He DJed our wedding ceremony and reception. He helped create a tone for both that my husband and I really appreciated. Our friends and family danced the night away and Josh even joined in on the fun by teaching my west coast family how to wobble! We are so happy that we chose High Tone for our special day!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot recommend High Tone (and Josh Ray) highly enough. Josh handled all of our DJ needs, and he was truly amazing. He managed the ceremony, toasts, and dancing perfectly, and we got nothing but compliments from guests--people were dancing all night, and the dance floor was packed the whole time. Josh was perfect with miking the ceremony which allowed all to hear. We had no stress the entire night knowing that Josh was in charge--he made sure that we had communicated all our needs and preferences in advance (in person and over the phone, at our convenience), showed up way in advance, and stayed late to make sure everything was cleaned up and perfect. If we could, we'd give him 10.0 stars.

Profile Picture Mike, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend High Tone Entertainment and Josh Ray to anyone! They were incredibly kind, responsive, professional, and fun! We had Don Gollardo play guitar and sing during our cocktail hour, Josh Ray DJ our reception, and a photo booth for our wedding! All of these services were a hit with our guests and really made our wedding a fun and memorable event. Josh was incredibly easy to work with when it came to planning the big day, and he even helped out with the ceremony music at the last minute! We are so glad we worked with High Tone Entertainment for our big day!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I LOVE to dance, so our DJ choice was extremely important. Cody and Josh at Hightone did an amazing job helping us with every detail of our day! From manning the microphone that allowed us to incorporate an Indian barat entrance, to keeping the dance floor hopping ALL night! Thank you guys so much for ALL that you did for our special day!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

I highly recommend High Tone Entertainment (and Josh Ray) with confidence for your next event. Josh was professional, prompt, responsive, detail oriented and very easy to work with. He handled our music, intros, toasts and lighting for our wedding. Josh made it fun for everyone, young and old. When we wanted to add external venue lighting, he even found a vendor to work with and handled all the logistics to assist us, as we were trying to plan our Franklin destination wedding from Tampa. There are no hidden costs with Josh and what he says is what he means. As weddings can become costly and stressful, we really appreciated his straight forward, honest approach. Josh came highly recommended by our venue (plug for Southall Meadows and Sarah Legan), and after one call, I knew I didn’t need to contact anyone else. High Tone Entertainment is the first vendor we secured, and after speaking with Josh, you will want to do the same. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Brian, 5/31/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

The DJ was great! he listened to all of our needs and helped make our day super special. overone was very complimentary of the music. he was very easy to work with. thanks so much.

Profile Picture Becky, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had the most perfect experience with High Tone Entertainment! I hired Josh to do all of the up-lighting for us at the rehearsal dinner we hosted at the McConnell House! He also provided us with music and a microphone, as well as a beautiful monogram for the bride and groom! He was amazing! Josh was very patient with me, as I had to change the monogram several times. I only wish I could have hired him to be our DJ at the wedding the next day. Unfortunately the DJ was already included in the wedding venue that was selected. Josh was punctual, does excellent work & couldn't have been more pleasant to work with during our multiple conversations. The end product of his work was so beautiful! I would recommend High Tone Entertainment to anyone! Judy Wahl

Profile Picture Judy, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh was great and easy to work with through reception planning & partying. He made everything so easy while planning and made sure the party was fun for everyone. High recommend!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever. Everything I wanted he did. No questions asked. Everyone had a great time and so did I. I loved my ceremony with him playing the guitar. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! I’m so beyond happy I chose him for my wedding.

Profile Picture Katelyn , 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, MC

Josh was always so quick to respond! We got on the phone a few days before the wedding and made a timeline that helped the day run smoothly! He also helped me find an officiant 5 days out because mine had an emergency. Everyone commented on two things from my wedding: the food and my awesome DJ! I will recommend him to everyone!!

Profile Picture LISA, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh was great to work with, and we recommend him highly! He was very communicative throughout the planning process and extremely professional and responsive on the day of the wedding. We made a couple last minute changes to important songs, and he was able to accommodate those without a problem. During the reception, he kept everyone up and moving for the whole night. Overall: a great experience!

Profile Picture Patrick, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Josh (owner of High Tone Entertainment) was both the classical guitarist for my ceremony as well as DJ for my reception. I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and am so thankful to have chosen HTE. Not only was HTE the most affordable for the services I was after, once I talked with Josh I knew I was getting a professional. Since he hadn't been to our venue before, he came for a visit when I was doing my bridal portraits - something I greatly appreciate as a sign of going above and beyond. The classical guitar complimented our intimate-feeling ceremony and all of the songs we chose were played wonderfully. When I told Josh that my partner and I didn't want a "club" feel on the dance floor and explained what we wanted to avoid, he understood and executed our wishes perfectly. Everyone had a blast dancing the night away and didn't want it to end.

The only negative is that Josh doesn't know a ton of true classical music, which my mom wanted for the ceremony processionals. I understand that pop music with the usual chords is more commonly asked for these days, I just wish I'd known the classical music selections were minimal before we got so far down the planning road.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend any of HTE's services to brides in the Nashville area. They are professonal, fun, accommodating, reasonably priced, and great at their job. You can't go wrong!!

Profile Picture Sallie, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Josh was wonderful to work with! Highly professional and engaged throughout the process. I greatly appreciated how quickly Josh responded to my communications via emails, phone calls and text messages. His website is extremely interactive and user-friendly, making it simple to customize your special day from ceremony to reception. He was detail oriented when it came to our requests and was willing to learn new songs for our ceremony processional. I would highly recommend his services if you're looking for a stellar guitar player for your ceremony and a great DJ to keep the party going!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

I absolutely will work with High Tone Entertainment again. It made our night that much better. After a long day it was wonderful to unwind and dance away the night.

Profile Picture Crystal, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Josh was fantastic, and High Tone Entertainment was a dream to partner with for our Ground Hog Day Wedding. We knew we wanted great food, and entertainment. Josh was a super fast responder, provided an EASY to use online portal, and managed to keep my guests on the dance floor from start to finish even though we added approximately 25 songs to our portal. He was so flexible he let us add on an extra 30-40 minutes at the end of the night because folks were still having a good time. He took the time to call me the week before and personally walk me through options, introductions, and song recommendations. I decided to add the up lighting package after the initial booking and I am so glad I did. The lights transformed the venue making it feel warm and cozy. I can not recommend this company or Josh more. I am so glad he was apart of our big day.

Profile Picture Megan, 2/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I am not one of Hightone’s many happy brides, but instead another professional in the wedding industry. As such, I have a much different scope on just how great Josh and his team are at what they do. I am a day-of coordinator at a Franklin venue and have worked with Josh numerous times over the years. Yes, he is talented and plays great music. Most DJs do. But what makes Hightone such an asset is that they share in the ultimate goal of letting the bridge and groom enjoy their night without the worry of the many small details that make up a great wedding. With all there is to keep track of on your timeline- from dinner announcements, cake cutting, etc. - they are such an ally to have! (Not to mention encouraging grandma to cut a rug).

As a venue, we not only reccomend Hightone to any and every client we have who does not have a committed DJ, but we have also hired them for our own company holiday parties. Simply put- hire people that you know will take care of you.

Profile Picture Kayla, 1/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired Josh maybe a few months before my wedding. He was so great with helping me figure out how to best utilize his services. I ended up adding extra lighting with High Tone Entertainment and it was so worth it. Everything sounded great from my officiant to the speeches and music. I needed some help with picking songs for certain parts of the reception and he was a great help with that. Josh made the whole experience super stress free and my friends and family really enjoyed his services on the big day.

Photo for High Tone Entertainment Review - One of my favorite pictures from the night
Profile Picture Mari, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We worked with Josh and he was great! He was available to talk when we needed and lead us through the process of timing for he event and the best ways to work in our special little touches (and we had three large special touches to work in to surprise the Bride and Groom!) We trusted his guidance and professionalism and he didn't let us down! His music choices were great and he kept the party moving and groving!

Photo for High Tone Entertainment Review - Josh totally nailed how we surprised them with GNASH!
Profile Picture Kristen, 12/6/17, 4 Reviews