60 Reviews for High Tone Entertainment

Sound/PA System (10)
Uplighting (9)
Photobooth (1)
60 High Tone Entertainment Reviews

The DJ was great! he listened to all of our needs and helped make our day super special. overone was very complimentary of the music. he was very easy to work with. thanks so much.

Profile Picture Becky, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had the most perfect experience with High Tone Entertainment! I hired Josh to do all of the up-lighting for us at the rehearsal dinner we hosted at the McConnell House! He also provided us with music and a microphone, as well as a beautiful monogram for the bride and groom! He was amazing! Josh was very patient with me, as I had to change the monogram several times. I only wish I could have hired him to be our DJ at the wedding the next day. Unfortunately the DJ was already included in the wedding venue that was selected. Josh was punctual, does excellent work & couldn't have been more pleasant to work with during our multiple conversations. The end product of his work was so beautiful! I would recommend High Tone Entertainment to anyone! Judy Wahl

Profile Picture Judy, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh was great and easy to work with through reception planning & partying. He made everything so easy while planning and made sure the party was fun for everyone. High recommend!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever. Everything I wanted he did. No questions asked. Everyone had a great time and so did I. I loved my ceremony with him playing the guitar. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! I’m so beyond happy I chose him for my wedding.

Profile Picture Katelyn , 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, MC

Josh was always so quick to respond! We got on the phone a few days before the wedding and made a timeline that helped the day run smoothly! He also helped me find an officiant 5 days out because mine had an emergency. Everyone commented on two things from my wedding: the food and my awesome DJ! I will recommend him to everyone!!

Profile Picture LISA, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Josh was great to work with, and we recommend him highly! He was very communicative throughout the planning process and extremely professional and responsive on the day of the wedding. We made a couple last minute changes to important songs, and he was able to accommodate those without a problem. During the reception, he kept everyone up and moving for the whole night. Overall: a great experience!

Profile Picture Patrick, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Josh (owner of High Tone Entertainment) was both the classical guitarist for my ceremony as well as DJ for my reception. I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and am so thankful to have chosen HTE. Not only was HTE the most affordable for the services I was after, once I talked with Josh I knew I was getting a professional. Since he hadn't been to our venue before, he came for a visit when I was doing my bridal portraits - something I greatly appreciate as a sign of going above and beyond. The classical guitar complimented our intimate-feeling ceremony and all of the songs we chose were played wonderfully. When I told Josh that my partner and I didn't want a "club" feel on the dance floor and explained what we wanted to avoid, he understood and executed our wishes perfectly. Everyone had a blast dancing the night away and didn't want it to end.

The only negative is that Josh doesn't know a ton of true classical music, which my mom wanted for the ceremony processionals. I understand that pop music with the usual chords is more commonly asked for these days, I just wish I'd known the classical music selections were minimal before we got so far down the planning road.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend any of HTE's services to brides in the Nashville area. They are professonal, fun, accommodating, reasonably priced, and great at their job. You can't go wrong!!

Profile Picture Sallie, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Josh was wonderful to work with! Highly professional and engaged throughout the process. I greatly appreciated how quickly Josh responded to my communications via emails, phone calls and text messages. His website is extremely interactive and user-friendly, making it simple to customize your special day from ceremony to reception. He was detail oriented when it came to our requests and was willing to learn new songs for our ceremony processional. I would highly recommend his services if you're looking for a stellar guitar player for your ceremony and a great DJ to keep the party going!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

I absolutely will work with High Tone Entertainment again. It made our night that much better. After a long day it was wonderful to unwind and dance away the night.

Profile Picture Crystal, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Josh was fantastic, and High Tone Entertainment was a dream to partner with for our Ground Hog Day Wedding. We knew we wanted great food, and entertainment. Josh was a super fast responder, provided an EASY to use online portal, and managed to keep my guests on the dance floor from start to finish even though we added approximately 25 songs to our portal. He was so flexible he let us add on an extra 30-40 minutes at the end of the night because folks were still having a good time. He took the time to call me the week before and personally walk me through options, introductions, and song recommendations. I decided to add the up lighting package after the initial booking and I am so glad I did. The lights transformed the venue making it feel warm and cozy. I can not recommend this company or Josh more. I am so glad he was apart of our big day.

Profile Picture Megan, 2/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I am not one of Hightone’s many happy brides, but instead another professional in the wedding industry. As such, I have a much different scope on just how great Josh and his team are at what they do. I am a day-of coordinator at a Franklin venue and have worked with Josh numerous times over the years. Yes, he is talented and plays great music. Most DJs do. But what makes Hightone such an asset is that they share in the ultimate goal of letting the bridge and groom enjoy their night without the worry of the many small details that make up a great wedding. With all there is to keep track of on your timeline- from dinner announcements, cake cutting, etc. - they are such an ally to have! (Not to mention encouraging grandma to cut a rug).

As a venue, we not only reccomend Hightone to any and every client we have who does not have a committed DJ, but we have also hired them for our own company holiday parties. Simply put- hire people that you know will take care of you.

Profile Picture Kayla, 1/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired Josh maybe a few months before my wedding. He was so great with helping me figure out how to best utilize his services. I ended up adding extra lighting with High Tone Entertainment and it was so worth it. Everything sounded great from my officiant to the speeches and music. I needed some help with picking songs for certain parts of the reception and he was a great help with that. Josh made the whole experience super stress free and my friends and family really enjoyed his services on the big day.

Photo for High Tone Entertainment Review - One of my favorite pictures from the night
Profile Picture Mari, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We worked with Josh and he was great! He was available to talk when we needed and lead us through the process of timing for he event and the best ways to work in our special little touches (and we had three large special touches to work in to surprise the Bride and Groom!) We trusted his guidance and professionalism and he didn't let us down! His music choices were great and he kept the party moving and groving!

Photo for High Tone Entertainment Review - Josh totally nailed how we surprised them with GNASH!
Profile Picture Kristen, 12/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I cannot recommend High Tone Entertainment and Josh Ray enough! Our wedding venue had a unique layout and Josh was able to handle everything seamlessly. During the entire planning process, Josh was extremely professional, helpful (we had several very specific song/event requests) and kind. The day of our wedding Josh was prompt, prepared, and did an excellent job facilitating the flow of the event. We would recommend Josh in a heart beat to all of our friends and family!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

There is no other DJ as far as we are concerned! Josh was outstanding. Fun, attentive, professional and upbeat :) he absolutely exceeded our expectations!

Profile Picture Ashton, 11/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Chuck and Ben played beautiful music before and during the wedding ceremony of my daughter and now
son-in-law. Our guests said it was the first time that they didn't mind waiting for things to get started!
The music was sweet, powerful and amazing. What a way to get the evening off to a wonderful start.
I highly recommend High Tone Entertainment for your musical needs. Shout out to Chuck and Ben!!

Profile Picture ROBIN, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Josh and High Tone Entertainment was amazing! We had their string duo (violin and cello) for our wedding ceremony, and they were on time, professional, and so very talented. Our guests have mentioned multiple times that they loved the ceremony music and especially loved the song choices! We requested specific contemporary songs for the duo to play, and they played everything to perfection. They even learned "My Girl" by the Temptations to play for the bridal processional.

Profile Picture Ali, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cody was fun and great! Josh made my experience with them easy and well organized!

Profile Picture Alyssia, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh served as our DJ as well as the guitar for the ceremony. We also got our uplighting for the dance floor from Josh. The entire experience was fantastic. Josh worked with us, had tremendous patience, and clearly was only interested in helping us have the day we envisioned. As a result, the entire event was fantastic. Josh takes the worry out of the music and lighting, is highly professional, and prices are very competitive (our planner agreed). The smartest thing we did was tell Josh what we liked, didn't like, and told him to do the rest. It was fantastic as a result!

Profile Picture Charles, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Josh was AWESOME to work with! This started out as a stressful process for me as I was nearing the end of my wedding planning, but he put all of that at ease. Had great ideas, was encouraging and helpful. Loved that I got live music, ceremony & cocktail music and a photo booth ALL in one, he and High Tone were a hit with all of my guests. He is highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh's professionalism and know-how helped make our event a smash. Surpassed all expectations. Easy to work with, responsive, and most importantly instilled confidence in our bride and groom. We weren't sure about the photo booth going into it, but it actually stole the show.

Profile Picture Jeff, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ was Josh Ray. He provided email and phone communication during the months leading up to our October wedding to make sure all of our music choices were correct. I walked down the aisle to “my song” exactly as I imagined. Josh has a great sense of flow and kept the brunch reception going with his creative mix of tunes that fit the atmosphere and mood of our guests. We are so pleased with his professionalism, affordability, and overall genuineness as a person! Thanks for helping us on the big day!

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had the absolute best time with High Tone Entertainment, had the string trio and Josh as our DJ. He was fantastic, everybody had so much fun. Would not go with anybody else. They are the BEST!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Josh did a great job from the start! I always associated a DJ with just music, but Josh helped with lighting, microphones, and has lots of entertainment options as well (photo booths). I didn’t expect anyone to get out dancing, but Josh got everyone out there and they all had a great time! My only regret is not adding on the lights for the dancing, but who knew my guests would actually be out there dancing! I’d highly recommend Josh! He was knowledgeable, helpful, timely, and I never had to worry or wonder if everything would work the way I hoped! Thanks Josh for making my day so special!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews