High Energy DJ Reviews

High Energy DJ 1
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Cummings · Married on 07/27/2019

The best in San Diego

DJ Paul was incredible. I can’t imagine my wedding with any other DJ for so many reasons. From our initial contact, he was so kind. He is incredibly organized and it made everything so easy for us. I had no idea there was so much planning that goes into the music and timing for a wedding! He guided us through the entire process, making great suggestions and making sure we were comfortable with everything. Not only did he get everyone out on the dance floor during the reception, he worked with my officiant and coordinator to make the ceremony perfect. We even had a minor fiasco with the flowers on the arch before the ceremony, and he jumped right in to help! Life-saver! He was also such a great emcee, setting the flow of the entire event. I initially found DJ Paul because he fit into our budget, and I am so blessed that we got services that far exceeded his price tag. He is the best in San Diego, at the best price - our guests loved him, he was so fun and easy to work with, and our day was smooth and stress-free because of him. I cannot thank him enough for the extraordinary job he did for us.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Ash · Married on 04/28/2019

DJ Paul was FABULOUS!!! Loved it!! Perfect choice!!

WE LOVED DJ Paul!!! He just did our wedding on 4/28/19!!! Everyone loved Paul and his fabulous attitude and he worked with us prior to the wedding getting us all organized and really listened to our needs! Our guests were commenting on how fun he was and loved his personality and music! We had such an amazing time!!! We love you Paul! Thanks so much for being a part of our special day!!! I definitely recommend you hire him for your event!!!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    High Energy DJ 2

Brittany · Married on 09/02/2017

DJ Paul was SUCH a great addition to our wedding. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, and very responsive to any questions I had. He has such positive energy and is an all around great guy who is easy to work with. He made sure our wedding ran smoothly and even went above and beyond and sent us pictures and videos of our event, which was greatly appreciated. DJ Paul knows what he is doing and will make sure your wedding is stress free!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

DJ Paul is absolutely amazing! He did such an incredible job with at our wedding ceremony & reception. Everything went exactly as discussed and he did a great job of keeping the party going. Every single one of our guests was from out of state and it was funny how many of them came up to my husband and I saying "awesome DJ, he is so high energy" without even knowing his business name! Not only is he a great DJ but also incredibly kind, warm, fun and professional. The cherry on top was the next day when he sent us a link with some pictures and video he captured throughout the night. It was so great to see those pictures because the night seemed to pass by in a blur. If you are considering hiring DJ Paul... go for it, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Barbara · Married on 12/17/2016

Paul is a so easy to work with and makes planning an event easy. He is truly the best DJ I have ever worked with and his energy is amazing! He really knows how to work the crowd and he gets everyone into the dancing mood.
    If you are have a wedding or any event that requires a DJ, Paul is your man! His personality is just as wonderful as his music. His experience in the industry shows in his work and it is obvious just how much he loves what he does!
    Paul.....you are the greatest!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Julia · Married on 12/10/2016

DJ Paul went above and beyond - he accommodated our (very extensive) request list, and spent hours on the phone with me beforehand going over everything to make sure our wedding comes together just right! From how to pronounce everyone's name to what kind of lighting we want - there are no details Paul doesn't cover - he even created a separate playlist for our cocktail hour! But beyond the "details", Paul just has the kind of energy you WANT for your wedding. We had a mix of people: young, old, foreign, American.... all over the place... and everyone agreed that our DJ/MC was the best they'd ever seen! He really makes your event a party, we couldn't be happier with our choice!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Sasha · Married on 12/09/2016

DJ Paul is FABULOUS! He is excellent at judging the crowd and always gets people on the dance floor! He’s definitely not your typical ‘sit down, wear headphones, and just play music’ kind of DJ. He is very witty and keeps people entertained all throughout the night. If you want a reliable, energetic, and memorable DJ….DJ Paul is your guy!

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • Mimi294

Mimi · Married on 09/03/2016

Paul was amazing as our DJ and we had such a great time! He took the time to get to know us and what we care about for the wedding day. We did not have a a day of coordinator, but our wedding ran so smoothly with Paul's help. He really pays attention to the guests and makes sure everyone has fun. Paul is our favorite vendor because he really went above and beyond our expectations and we had so much fun dancing the night away!

Sent on 09/19/2016

JoLynn · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ Paul Peterson (high energy DJ) was great! He was a great DJ and kept the party going all night! I loved how detailed he was with everything. He helped us create our wedding day timeline, set up our ceremony microphones, mic’d up our string quartet, and even replayed our last song when we missed it! He even snapped some pictures of our ceremony and key highlights of our reception and created a video montage of them that he gave to us the week after our wedding for us to share with our family before we got our formal photos and videos back. He was a great DJ that I’d recommend to anyone!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Casie · Married on 03/13/2015

DJ Paul, as I like to refer him as, was OUTSTANDING!!! He's got the best, most upbeat personality and a music selection to match. He was a tremendous addition to our wedding and you can tell he really cared about making it perfect for us.

We had an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and a large reception hall indoors and no matter where our guests were, the sound quality was top notch! His music selection was the best I've ever heard and people continue to come up to us and say how much fun they had on the dance floor.

The whole day ran so smooth. He made sure we stayed on time with our tight schedule and did a fabulous job interacting with our other vendors and getting our guests pumped up. He was dancing right along with them! We loved his enthusiasm!

DJ Paul was such a delight to work with. His previous experience of hosting weddings, technical knowledge, charisma and pure zest for life really shined through and made our day perfect.

DJ Paul comes HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 03/22/2015

One of the best decisions we made was hire Paul! You can tell he LOVES what he does. He was amazing and a huge part of why our day was perfect and our party unforgettable!
    He is incredibly professional, fun, played every song we wanted him to, got all of the announcements perfect, timing was right on...we couldn't sing his praises more. Love him.

Sent on 11/06/2014

kalinda · Married on 10/11/2014

Scott I don't think it's possible for you to disappoint. We think you did an awesome job. You allowed me to all the speeches and song requests that I wanted done and I thought that was great! I'm sure it was easy for you to read the crowd since you knew a good chunk of everyone at the wedding.  Even for the small hand full of people that didn't know you were Really impressed.  My little flower girl was so happy about bragging that the DJ gave her a special introduction too. You do an amazing job, thank you so much for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 10/29/2014

cheryl · Married on 08/16/2014

Paul Peterson exceeded our expectations!!! This guy can do anything! We hired Paul a year before our wedding and he met with us multiple times because we are so picky. He was extremely flexible to our needs and delivered above and beyond professional entertainment services. Our reception was indoor/outdoor (there were 2 separate outdoor reception areas) and Paul set up speakers in multiple areas and didn't charge extra for any of that.....He also wired the sound system inside the house and in another location to play softer music in a quieter area of the reception while other areas had different dance music. He made it his commitment to not only make us happy, but ensure that our guests were having a great time. Paul is very organized and played all of the songs we had listed and then some. His bedside manner as an MC was energetic and approachable. Guests usually remember only a few things about a wedding....The food and the music. Our guests all agree that Paul is a fantastic DJ and MC. Paul also communicated with our other vendors to ensure everything ran smoothly. He was in no rush to leave, and making sure the reception was running smoothly was more important to him than taking a break. That says a lot, as most other vendors require a break...which is completely appropriate, yet Paul clearly goes above and beyond. We highly recommend Paul Peterson and will use him again in the future.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Alyssa · Married on 03/02/2014

DJ Paul was one of the best parts of our wedding! He kept the energy up and people just loved him. I can't tell you the number of complements we received about him. He made sure our guests had fun, he was a fantastic MC, and you can see just how much he loves his job. If you need a DJ, I couldn't possibly recommend Paul more.

Sent on 03/12/2014

The BEST of the BEST! We had Paul as our dj for our wedding two weeks ago. We are STILL hearing people go on about how great he was and how it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. I have never been to a wedding where people actually danced other than to the cha cha or electric slide, but Paul kept people on the dance floor the WHOLE night. He even got my father and my husband (who if anybody knows them, do not dance at all) to dance more than I did. I told Paul my music preferences were old school with a little classic rock and he kept the old school jams flowing all night long. There was never a dull moment throughout the night and the one time it slowed down a little (due to the heat inside the building and everyone moved outside for fresh air) Paul jumped on the dance floor and started doing pull ups on the ceiling beams and got everyone pumped up again. I've always heard about all the horrible things that usually go wrong at weddings so I went into mine with low expectations and it turned out to be the best night of my life. Paul, YOU ROCK!

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • F

Bae · Married on 06/08/2013

Paul was amazing! He had people on the dance floor until the very end (11pm, which was impressive since the reception started at 4:30pm!). He really does have a lot of energy, his set up looked professional and neat, and he was just lots of fun! Some people requested pretty hilarious songs and were going to do a little funny dance, and they really appreciated that Paul went up to them and verified that it was okay to call them out before announcing to all 115 guests (which was so great since it was an older uncle in our family). It was just so considerate of him to make sure no one was offended or embarrassed, but that if people were willing, he could make it a really fun thing. He was so respectful, did a great job getting everyone together for a group photo of everyone at the wedding (for what will for sure be an amazing keepsake!), and always had a smile on his face. We couldn't have found a better DJ, and for SUCH a reasonable price! You can really tell he just loves his job. Thanks Paul!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Sharon · Married on 03/02/2013

Love, love, loved working with Paul. He was the first vendor we selected which led us down the path to the most amazing line-up of the most wonderful people I ever could have imagined.

Paul made the whole process so easy. He was always very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Since we were planning a San Diego wedding from NYC this was very important. On the day of he was so easy going - we felt very cared for, supported, and didn't have to worry about thing. He was great during the reception and keeping the guests informed and keeping the party going. Simply loved him.

We even had feedback from some of our guests who said the music selection before the ceremony was so spot on they had happy tears in their eyes before things had even begun!

I highly recommend him if you want a fun, fabulous, and chaos-free wedding. :)

Sent on 06/05/2013

Rachelle · Married on 07/21/2012

WOW.

Double wow if I can. DJ Paul was hands down, the best ever DJ I've ever seen in a wedding. So glad we had him for ours! I haven't really seen him at work but he had some videos up at YouTube and when we watched it, we knew we wanted him to be our wedding DJ.

Our expectations were exceeded! Completely blown out of the water. He not only had our music down to a T, he emceed, he made sure the flow of the schedule was followed, he fixed the tv we had that didn't work to show our montage to the guests, and everyone raved and danced and had an amazing time at the wedding. Our wedding would not have been seamless without his help. He knew how to get the people up and dancing, and he had endless energy. You can tell he loves what he does, and doesn't do it for money. For the amount of work he does, he can surely charge more, for he is one of the most reasonably priced DJs I've seen, but he doesn't. We love, love, love the work he did for our wedding. We still get compliments for the awesome job that he did for our special event. If there's anything I can suggest, it'll be to book DJ Paul as early as you can. He will make your wedding amazing.

Sent on 09/09/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2012

Paul was incredible. We received so many compliments on his work. He played all the songs we requested and met all our expectations! We planned our wedding from Washington state and he was very quick to respond to our emails and phone calls. He handled all his own equipment and needs, we didn't have to do a thing! He is so friendly and kind, I would recommend Paul to any future bride! He was such a pleasure to work with and made the experience so much easier.

Sent on 06/22/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2012

Paul is FANTASTIC! He was super friendly from the very first meeting, I was very comfortable with him right away. In fact, I signed the contract on our first meeting, even though he encouraged Mom and I to look around--I didn't need to. Not only was I impressed with his professionalism, I was impressed with how reasonable his services are. Throughout the whole planning process, he was always an email away, and he made sure to add every song that we wanted. He was very knowledgeable and knew a wide variety of music styles, especially when guests wanted to make requests. During the reception, it was awesome, when the dancing lagged a little, he was right on the dance floor getting our guests up and dancing again! I highly encourage you to sign and go with Paul as your DJ--you won't regret it! Your reception will be awesome, with him as your DJ!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/08/2012

Paul was FANTASTIC!!! We met him because he was a preferred vendor through our venue and we were so impressed with him. The other DJs that I contacted were slow to respond and very overpriced. We got compliments from so many people at our wedding on how great the music was. He was even out on the dance floor with us! He showed up early and ran the show perfectly.

Thanks Paul!!!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Kristy · Married on 06/01/2012

DJ Paul Peterson was amazing through the whole process of the wedding music planning. Quick to answer any questions we had, and very thorough. He was great at the wedding, visited with everyone and played great music. I had several people ask me for his name for their own future use.

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2012

He goes by High Energy for a reason! He has SO much good/positive energy going on, it's contagious! He is super friendly, very helpful and just a pleasure to be around. My husband and I are so happy that we chose him for our DJ. He is very organized and makes sure to keep the bride and groom and everyone else in line to make sure your day goes smoothly! So happy we chose High Energy DJ Paul to be our DJ! Highly recommended for sure!!

Sent on 05/02/2012
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 01/21/2012

My husband and I hired Paul for our wedding in January, 2012. He was absolutely FANTASTIC! He was recommended to us by our venue as their preferred DJ and after meeting with him, we could see why. He is professional, energetic, likable, dependable and most of all affordable. He has a true ability to work a crowd like no other and our guests just LOVED him!

We did not have the traditional music choices most couples pick for their wedding day. We put together lists of different songs that we liked and asked Paul to fill in the blanks with what he thought would work best and we couldn't have been more pleased his choices! He has a terrific collection of all genres of music. If you are looking for someone to add that extra something to your wedding day, Paul Peterson is definitely your guy!

Thank you for making our day so amazing Paul! We will HIGHLY recommend you to everyone we know looking for a DJ!

Sent on 02/12/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

5 stars does not seem adequate to descibe the level of awesomeness that Paul brought to our wedding. I read his reviews online, and then met him in person in the planning stages, and I could tell her had a great personality and would be really easy to work with. However, Paul went above and beyond the duties of a DJ. He got the whole crowd (even my grandmom) up and moving. He even at one point was out on the dance floor Break Dancing. Yes you heard it, there was breakdancing at our wedding. Amazing. I feel like for how amazing Paul is, he is practically giving away his services, his prices were the best around!

Book him now!!