High Contrast Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Brandy
    Brandy I. Married on 08/27/2021

Absolutely amazing

I can’t recommend Sarah enough. Seriously. Above and beyond doesn’t even begin to cover it. Her photos are always outstanding, she’s fantastic to work with, very easy to talk to, very comfortable to be around. Super professional and such an amazing person.
    Our wedding had So many stressful moments - seriously, it was one thing after the other, but Sarah handled EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. She was absolutely incredible and I don’t know how I would’ve gotten through without her because honestly she saved the wedding. The venue kept screwing things up and I cried multiple times throughout night but she never left my side.
    My fingers got seriously burned on a hot iron an hour before ceremony- she was there to hold me while I sobbed, keep my hand under cool water, get me burn cream, bandages… then she did my make up for me. And it was Beautiful. She made me look how I always dreamed I’d look on my wedding day. I know nothing about make up and she just took over and dried my tears and made me look amazing. She helped me into my gown, and crinoline as well. She gave me a thousand hugs through out the night every time I started crying at another mess up. When the venue gave me food I was allergic to and hadn’t ordered, she fixed it and found something I Could eat. When the venue put on the Wrong lights (I specifically said only yellow lights because bright white gives me severe migraines) she fixed it. When I got a migraine from the wrong lights she was there with an ice pack, my medicine and another hug. When the venue broke our $300+ custom handmade made cake topper, she was running around trying to find out who did it (we still don’t know for sure and I’m fighting with venue about it - Padonia Park, just don’t hire them. Trust me)
    Sarah was absolutely incredible the entire night. She somehow managed to take care of me the entire time and still take beautiful photos of me and my husband and everything.
    You will not regret hiring her. I wish I could hire her to run my life for me. Haha.
    Truly, Sarah if you ever see this, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ps, she also did our Engagement photos and they turned out Amazing. I’m attaching some from wedding (Jurassic Park themed btw!) and engagement shoot.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 06/20/2021

Best photographer around!

I am so happy we chose HCP for our wedding! Sarah shot our engagement photos, mini ceremony, and our big wedding celebration. She especially made our wedding day run so smoothly, and came prepared with everything you’d think and didn’t think you would need!
    Becca B. Married on 10/17/2020

Sarah is Amazing!!

Sarah and Marissa went above and beyond on our wedding day. Not only did the capture gorgeous pictures but they helped with many different odds and ends along the way including fixing my dress! Sarah is extremely knowledgeable not only about photography but everything related to weddings. I asked her many questions before our wedding day and she truly is a wedding expert. Sarah and Marissa were both friendly, professional and a delight to work with. Sarah kept us on schedule and was able to get so many pictures taken in such a short amount of time during our cocktail hour. Sarah and her team are incredible and I am so thankful they were able to capture our wedding. Our wedding was one week before Sarah's own wedding and she was still completely focused on us and I was so thankful she was willing to photograph our wedding even though her wedding was right around the corner. Sarah did our engagement session as well and even though it was over a year ago I still love looking back at our pictures because she did such a great job capturing us as a couple. If you work with Sarah she will be 100% invested in capturing your wedding and she will be ready to assist with whatever mishap may occur on your wedding day!
    Michelle Married on 10/10/2020

Sarah is a true professional and did an amazing job.

Our pictures are absolutely beautiful. Sarah was with me throughout my wedding and made sure I had everything I needed. I highly recommend Sarah.
  • Jaime
    Jaime Married on 11/02/2019

Nov. 2, 2019

It is hard to put into words how incredible Sarah is. While we originally decided to hire High Contrast Photography because of the quality of pictures, we are beyond thankful for the fact that Sarah goes above and beyond the norms of a photographer. Sarah is a great communicator, she was always willing to answer questions or help accommodate us when possible, whether through email or text. Whenever we met in person, she always had a smile on her face! She is incredibly professional, but also loves to crack a good joke! On our wedding day, Sarah was so helpful and generous. When I say above and beyond, I mean it. I listed the things she helped with that I felt were not in her job description but she did anyway (steaming a bridesmaid dress, helping bridesmaids get ready, helping the bride into the dress, helping bustle the bride's dress, switching the bride's shoes during the reception, bringing the bride drinks, etc.). The second shooter, Kate, was also extremely helpful day of (putting falsie eyelashes on a bridesmaid, pinning boutineers on groomsmen, lacing the groom's shoes, etc). I'm sure there is more that these ladies did day of but these are the moments that stood out! Expectations were exceeded by 100%. While we only have a few of our pictures back right now, because Sarah is a busy woman, the few we have are incredible. We get so many compliments on them and the one we hear the most is that they look like magazine photos! We truly couldn't have chosen a better team to capture the special moments of our wedding day.
  • Erin
    Erin S. Married on 10/12/2019

Beyond amazing

Sarah and her team are the most amazing and talented people you will ever meet. Words do not even begin to describe how attentive, kind, creative, fun, and detail oriented sarah and her team is! They kept the whole day on track, pep talked us all, made us laugh and smile, and took the most breath taking photos. If you do not use high contrast photography, you are missing out!!! I can’t recommend her enough!!!
    Deborah S. Married on 09/28/2019

Jack of All Trades Photographer

Sarah is seriously a jack of all trades. Day of the wedding, Sarah was truly invaluable. We did not have a coordinator for the day of, so Sarah took on that job too - communicating with the DJ, officiant, catering, & bartenders to make sure everything was on time and everyone knew where they were supposed to be. She put my veil in after my hairdresser left and helped my MOH lace up my dress - while capturing it all on her camera! She knew all the formal dress rules - guys suits open/closed when sitting/standing and made sure they were all the same on every picture.

Our photos turned out amazing. She made it a point to get the photos I requested (or at least attempt with our flower girl). I have so many to choose from and it's really hard to choose which to get printed to hang on our walls - they are all that great.

She is super flexible with scheduling meetings and even our engagement session. We had to cancel our first engagement shoot due to illness and Sarah had no problem rescheduling and was super flexible throwing out multiple dates for us to work with.

10/10 would recommend to a friend!
  • Abby
    Abby Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Sarah was nothing less than amazing from start to finish. She and her team are great at what they do and know how to capture the most perfect photos. She is quick and keeps things moving/on track. She even went as far as checking on us throughout the night to make sure we had water and were having a good time. I will forever use her as our photographer and will continue to strongly recommend her services to anyone I know.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth B. Married on 07/20/2019

Hands down the best photographer out there

If you want perfect, timeless pictures of your wedding, High Contrast Photography is a must. I got married last summer and people STILL have not stopped raving about my wedding pictures every single time they see me! My husband and I decided to budget for really amazing photography that we would look at every day instead of hiring a videographer whose video we would watch maybe once every few years, and we absolutely made the right decision! The quality, lighting, posing - everything is perfect. Not to mention the fact that we got married at an outdoor ceremony on THE hottest day of the summer, and somehow Sarah still made us appear cool, fresh, dry, and stunning in every last picture! I could go on and on about the impeccable quality of the pictures themselves, but the other main reason you should hire HCP is Sarah.

When you hire Sarah to do your wedding, you are getting so so much more than just a photographer! She will keep you on schedule, fix your makeup, keep your dress in order, interact and engage with your guests, remind you to stay hydrated, and make you feel beautiful and pampered all while taking amazing pictures and just being genuinely wonderful to be around. Not once during my wedding did I have to worry that something was being missed or left out because Sarah and her wonderful assistant, Kate, were detailed and prepared and had everything running like the professionals they are! HCP made the entire planning process a dream too. Sarah even went out of her way to work with my mom to set up a fake consultation which turned out to be a cover for a surprise bridal shower. Thanks to Sarah my family has memories and pictures that we will cherish forever, and I cannot recommend her and HCP enough. Contact and get on her schedule today. Seriously!
  • Veronica
    Veronica Married on 06/21/2019

"Incredible" doesn't do it justice!

Seriously, one of the BEST decisions I made about my wedding was having Sarah and her team from High Contrast Photography be there. They were amazing all night and all my guests loved them! It's been about 2 and a half months since my wedding and I still have people who were there telling me how great my photographer was.

Sarah and her team was at my venue early and were very responsive to changing plans - I decided that morning that I wanted pictures at the bridge near my venue and Sarah was easy to work with. They even went above the call of duty and stayed an additional hour at my wedding at the last minute to photograph the send off - we paid the next day but it means SO MUCH to me that they were willing to change plans at the last second, some of those last pictures are my favorites.

I talked with at least 10 other photographers before I talked to Sarah and was at ease at once when I spoke with her. She is professional, personable, and most importantly, absolutely PHENOMENAL at her job. I can't recommend her enough. High Contrast Photography captured beautiful moments from my wedding that will serve as memories for years to come, if that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is.

• Heather
    Heather Married on 01/26/2019

The best photographers you could ever ask for

Sarah and her team at High Contrast Photography are everything you want in photographers. Not only are the final pictures absolutely stunning, but every moment working with them was wonderful. They knew just when to capture the perfect candid, and just how to direct everyone so that we all ended up looking like professional models who knew exactly how to pose. Sarah has an eye for detail and the pictures she took showed that. She was able to corral all our VIPs (which included elderly and children) quickly so that we received the family photos we wanted but stayed within our time schedule. I can't imagine having anyone else on the other side of that camera. Sarah is truly an artist. Her hand-selected team members are as well. Hiring Sarah was one of the best decisions we made. I highly recommend High Contrast Photography.
    Joanna P. Married on 11/03/2018

Beyond Amazing!

Sarah and her team were absolutely amazing! Words cannot describe how happy we were that we found them! Sarah went so far above and beyond a wedding photographer's responsibilities. She helped dress me, kept me calm, practically ran my wedding, told us where to go, scoped out an amazing place to take photos, and reminded us to eat! I can honestly say Sarah was a true life saver, and anyone looking for amazing photos from an amazing team should rest easy with High Contrast!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 10/20/2018

Amazingggg!!!

Sarah is the best!!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer seriously look no more! She is super organized and helps keep the day running smoothly even with me, the bride, slightly freaking out at points. She kept me calm and made sure we got all the shots I wanted! Did I also mention she is super nice, got a long with all my bridal party and got sneak peak pictures back to me the same night!!! I mean you really cannot ask for more. My sneak peaks are so amazing, I can’t wait see the entire album!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/13/2018

Sarah the Superhuman!

It is difficult to put into words how amazing of a photographer Sarah (and Matt!) are! The best way to describe their team is efficient. They capture beautiful pictures quickly, without wasting anyones time so the bride and groom can enjoy the day. Sarah also could be a day of coordinator the way she keeps the bridal party calm, organized, and on time! My husband is not one to hand out compliment and he said several times how much he enjoyed working with Sarah and Matt and thought they were the prefect photographers for us. One of my bridesmaids has already booked them for her wedding next fall! I cannot thank her enough for capturing our special day so wonderfully.
    Jason R. Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely Fantastic

My wife and I hired Sarah and her team at High Contrast Photography to photograph our wedding this past September, and could not be happier with our decision. Sarah was absolutely fantastic. Her communication skills were unrivaled by any other vendor we worked with, and her passion for wedding photography is abundantly clear as soon as you meet her. She does such a great job on the day of the wedding (even arriving 15 minutes early!). Her creativity and organization in particular really showed, as she made sure to get the pictures we wanted while also making sure our families and extended families knew where to be. Our families and guests even noticed how organized and easy she was to work with. We also were so pleased with how quickly we got the photos back! To get 4 fully edited pictures of our wedding by 11pm that night was amazing! Then to have another 50 or so online on Facebook within a week, and the full allotment within 5 weeks is unheard of! And the pictures turned out absolutely beautiful! The problem we have now is trying to decide which pictures to hang up in our house because we absolutely love so many of them!! We were so thrilled to have had Sarah as our wedding photographer, and cannot say enough great things about her! If you're still looking for a wedding photographer, look no further, hire Sarah!
    Lauren Married on 09/07/2018
    Stop your search for a photographer. High Contrast Photography is outstanding. Sarah was phenomenal. She acted not only as my photographer, but as an organizer of chaos. She was constantly moving behind the scenes with the coordinator and florist, ensuring everything was set-up perfectly. She helped bustle my dress, set-up decorations, kept my family in line, and maintained the schedule so that we could enjoy our cocktail hour but also get every single picture we wanted. I sent Sarah a list of photos and she and Matt, the other shooter, had them memorized! They also memorized every name of the bridal party and our parents, which was a great touch and also helped with their efficiency. It was critical having two shooters. Matt was with the groomsmen getting ready and it almost felt like he became one of the guys! Sarah and Matt were always by our side throughout the night, ready to take pictures at our beck and call, but also having an amazing vision to capture the most glamorous shots. They made us feel like the most beautiful couple, constantly giving us compliments, and kept us smiling all day. They were both extremely competent and great at their jobs. Four “quick look” photos were posted the night of our wedding and I cried when I saw them. They were so beautiful. We cannot wait to see the rest. High Contrast Photography also has extremely competitive prices for two shooters. The engagement shoot was also included and a great way to get to know Sarah before the wedding. We were extremely pleased with High Contrast Photography and give them the highest recommendation!
  • F
    F Married on 06/23/2018
    Can’t say enough positive things about Sarah and her staff. She and Kate did an amazing job all day. Dressing and prep, ceremony and reception. Unique point of view photos all capturing the moments perfectly and forever. We highly recommend HCP for any event or once in a lifetime occasion. You won’t be disappointed. Thank you Sarah!
    Laura Married on 06/23/2018
    Sarah and her team are truly amazing! Sarah is talented, professional, and an all around great person to work with. She not only took beautiful photos, but ensured that our day ran smoothly. I was thankful to have Sarah to help ease my nerves, give advice, and keep everyone on schedule the day of our wedding. Sarah and Kate worked efficiently and paid close attention to detail. Our photos are AMZING!! We highly recommend High Contrast Photography!!
    Lauren Married on 06/16/2018
    Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to begin, other than Sarah from High Contrast Photography is wonderful! Sarah took my boudoir pictures, and I was so sad that I had already booked a wedding photographer prior to meeting her! I would have definitely used her for my wedding day. Sarah was so professional, and had a way of making me feel so confident and great in all of my photos. She made the boudoir shoot so fun, and I would definitely do it again! She is also very affordable! My husband also loved the photos. We received a leather-bound book of the photos I chose, as well as a password-protected online gallery of all of the photos. I would definitely recommend High Contrast Photography, and I will definitely use her in the future for my photography needs. Thanks so much Sarah!
    Malana Married on 05/26/2018
    Sarah and Kate were absolutely wonderful! From asking me what specific photos I wanted of the guys getting ready to being a hoot at the reception they really made my wedding great. They were very receptive to what I did and didn’t want to do, so that I enjoyed my day!
    Kelly Married on 05/26/2018
    Sarah was very helpful and professional throughout my wedding planning and especially the day if the wedding. I could not have asked for a better photographer!
    Alyssa Married on 05/25/2018
    From the moment we met Sarah we knew we were going to book with her. Her talent speaks for itself - she’s beyond a pro! The day of the wedding she’s more than your photographer and will wear any hat you need her to wear! She was great at rounding the wedding party up and getting the photos we needed in a timely manner so we could get the party started. We got married at The Vandiver Inn and Sarah is a regular there so she knows exactly what shots to take to get the best photos possible. Sarah is like having a second Maid of Honor by your side. She bustled me up, helped pin my hair when it was falling, and most importantly calmed me down when it was go time. Her assistant Marissa was wonderful too. They both made sure we got the shots we wanted even the ones that weren’t discussed. I cannot wait to get the rest of our photos! You get four the night of your wedding and they are stunning!
    Jing Married on 05/18/2018
    Initially we hired Sarah because I saw my high school classmate's wedding photos on Facebook by her. It was a rainy day but the photos were absolutely stunning. So I thought to myself, if Sarah could make a rainy day look that good we can't go wrong with her. Lo and behold, it rained on our wedding day too, on and off for the entire day and the sky was consistently dark, but in our wedding photos the lighting was so good you wouldn't know it was raining in some of the photos! Aside from her amazing photo skills, she and Dan, the second photographer, were like a second set of event planners. They kept us on time and made sure we followed our timeline. They truly went above and beyond: they weren't afraid to keep nosy relatives out of our couple's portraits, took photos of the rings and invitations during dinner, and stood in the rain for some of the shots while we were under an umbrella. I can't say enough good things about them and my only regret is that we should have hired them for 8 hours instead of 6, so things would be less rushed.
    Amy Married on 05/05/2018
    Sarah and her team are AMAZING!!! I cannot say enough positive things about her. Sarah photographed my sister-in-law's wedding, and we knew we had to have her photograph ours too. She is so talented and takes the most amazing shots. Our wedding pictures are back and they are PHENOMANAL! We couldn't be more pleased. Not only are we pleased with our pictures, but we are so pleased with the experience we had working with Sarah. She is incredibly sweet and made everything so stress-free for us leading up to the wedding and the day of. On the day of the wedding, she did an excellent job of coordinating and taking charge so that pictures did not take up a lot of our time, which was appreciated since the day goes by so quickly. We are so glad that Sarah was available for our wedding day and we are forever grateful to her for doing such a lovely job capturing our special day! I will be highly recommending her to any newly engaged couple in the area.
    Katie Married on 04/07/2018
    Looking back, Sarah Koermer and High Contrast Photography are two of the brightest lights throughout my wedding process. From engagement photo session through post-wedding emails, Sarah was and continues to be incredibly friendly, professional, and caring with her attention to detail and drive to make her customers happy. What made working with Sarah and her second wedding day photographer, Kate, so great was Sarah's experience with our venue and other vendors. My husband and I married at the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace, and Sarah knew exactly what shots she wanted and how to achieve them -- We didn't have to worry about a thing! I especially appreciate that she accommodated my visual preferences in her final photo edit. I felt like she truly understood what we wanted, and she made that happen. Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning and capture the warmth and love that my husband and I felt on our wedding day with each other and with our friends and families. We get so many compliments on how amazing our photos look, and I always make sure that everyone knows to credit Sarah and HCP. We now have quite a collection of photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you, Sarah!!!