Hidden Host Events LLC Reviews

27 | Newport, RI

27 Reviews for Hidden Host Events LLC

Allie · Married on 09/16/2018

Went above and beyond!

Amanda and her team did an AMAZING job for our wedding this past September. She truly understood what we wanted, needed and made the whole process as smooth as possible. She also anticipated our every need the day of. We felt like royalty. Thank you Amanda!

Maureen · Married on 08/18/2018

As the mother of the bride, I hired Hidden Hosts to help me with my daughter's outdoor tented wedding at our home. I had been advised to hire a wedding planner, so I can relax and enjoy the wedding day. We contracted Amanda to help with decorations, the day before celebrations and the wedding day. Everything went to plan - we had a great rehearsal and day before celebration with Amanda's help. Then the wedding......

What a day! The worst rain event of the summer with potentially catastrophic thunder and lightning deluged my daughter's outdoor tented wedding! So severe was the rain, it washed out the wedding site. With Amanda's calm directions, we postponed the wedding for 15 mins. and relocated the ceremony to inside the tent. Without her calm demeanor and her guidance, it would have been my worst nightmare! She reassured me and calmed me down and buoyed me up!

Amanda and her workers were soaked from running back and forth from the house to the tent - checking with the musicians, caterers, and guests. She made sure everyone was in place and ready to go. She orchestrated the entire ceremony - and it was perfect! She worked so hard, we truly couldn't have done it without her!

If you are going to hire a wedding planner - Amanda will be wonderful! We can't say enough good things about her!

JACQUELINE · Married on 06/28/2018

Peace of mind

Amanda was a delight to work with. She brought my vision to life and did everything in her power to make sure everything was done correctly. I can honestly say I trusted her every step of the way and did not have to stress myself the day of my wedding!!

Jeff · Married on 06/01/2018

Amanda surpassed all of our expectations of what a day of coordinator should be. She was the only day of coordinator that didn't have a limitation of how frequently we could speak to her before the month of the wedding. The day of our wedding the weather changed very last minute and we were going to need a rain contingency. She called a friend and asked him to build a trellis we could use inside of the venue as there were not viable options so last minute. She also had her assistant go to a local restaurant to get snacks for the wedding party before the ceremony as we were all hungry after taking pictures for hours, and she did a great job managing all of the vendors as well as all of the family in a smooth and calm manner. We always felt like she was on our side and in our corner when we had questions or needed help and we could not recommend her enough.

Hannah · Married on 12/02/2017

Couldn’t have gotten married without her!!!!

Without Hidden Hosts my wedding truly would not have happened. Amanda made sure I was on schedule as well as all of the vendors. She had a solution for every problem that arose on my wedding day and it allowed me to be care free and enjoy the day with my husband. She is Worth every cent-she was the most important vendor we hired that day. She is a brides fairy godmother and I am so thankful to her and her team!!!

Alexandra · Married on 08/27/2017

If you don’t feel like reading an entire essay about if and why you should (definitely) hire Hidden Host Events for your wedding, we will just get to the point: YES, we recommend them and yes, you should do it! You will not regret it. Amanda Barker far exceeded our expectations for coordinating our special day. Weddings are expensive, but Amanda proved to be the best value in our budget. We would recommend Amanda for any wedding of size or venue. She truly loves her job and it shows. Her staff, Aaron and Morgan, were extremely professional, reliable, and just as significant in helping with the entire process. We could not imagine our wedding having been the dream that it was without the Hidden Host family.
    Having been together for 8 years, my fiancé and I had plenty of time to fantasize about our wedding day, and thus came to Amanda excited with our abundance of ideas and wishes (in addition to the crucial need for her coordinating services). With limited time (3 weeks!), we were aware that our vision for the day would most likely be unattainable; however, Amanda proved us wrong. Because of her ability to envision our ideas and her natural aptitude for coordinating, our wedding was even better than what we had dreamt of. She loves love, she loves weddings, and she loves her job. She will treat you, your fiancé, and your wedding as if it is important as her own.

kiger · Married on 08/05/2017

Amanda is the best. She's incredibly responsive, flexible, hard working and a pleasure to work with. She hired her as a day-of coordinator but she was much more than that. We met prior to the wedding and she helped plan everything during the weeks leading up to the wedding. She let us borrow string lights and 50 lanterns-- saved us a bunch of money on rentals!!! She and her team pulled off the most amazing DIY backyard wedding for 250+ people, all in the rain! It was amazing. Couldn't be happier with another wedding coordinator. Amanda comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Mason · Married on 07/30/2017

I wish I could give Hidden Host Events more stars! Amanda is the absolute best! I can not even begin to explain how amazing she was and how incredible our wedding turned out to be. Everyone who was there has just kept saying that it was the absolute best wedding they have ever been to! Amanda was able to perfectly understand what my wife and I wanted even though we weren't entirely sure ourselves! She found the perfect vendors for everything. She was there every step of the way and made sure everything was incredible. I don't know what we would have done with out her. If you are planning a wedding, then Amanda is the only person for the job. I really can't say enough and can't thank Amanda enough for all her work and for the most wonderful wedding!

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Amanda was amazing throughout the entire planning period and made things go perfectly the day of! I can't say enough great things!

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

There are no words to describe how incredible Amanda and her team were during our wedding. She went above and beyond to make our weekend special and perfect. I loved her attention to detail and prompt response to every question I had. Looking back on our wedding, the best investment we made was hiring Hidden Hosts Events! Forever grateful!!!! :)

Christina · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding would not have been what it was without Hidden Host Events!! The day was absolutely perfect! Amanda went above and beyond for us, and I couldn't have done it without her! I highly recommend her. With her knowledge and experience you won't be disappointed! Thank you Amanda!

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Amanda was our month of wedding coordinator, and I am so glad we worked with her! I was initially hesitant about getting a coordinator, but it was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. She provided some really useful tools to get organized, helped put together a very detailed and thorough timeline and helped make sure everything went smoothly. I am so glad we had her assistance! She did a great job the day of making sure everything was perfect at the venue, ran our rehearsal (without her I would have no idea what to do!) and was a pleasure to work with. She even has a professional steamer, and steamed my dress the day of the wedding! I would highly recommend Hidden Host Events LLC.

alex · Married on 09/16/2016

Booking Amanda was a great move. She really made sure everyone was on the same page. Vendors, guests, wedding party. I highly recommend hiring her!

Ananda · Married on 09/03/2016

Amanda was absolutely amazing and worth every penny! A MUST HAVE if you want a smooth wedding day. She went above and beyond our expectations multiple times throughout our day! We will definitely keep her contact for any future events.

Colie · Married on 08/27/2016

Amanda is an absolute pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond in making sure every detail was handled and even though we only used her "day of coordinator services" it felt like she was our total wedding planner. I can't thank her enough- she made sure the only thing I had to worry about on my wedding day was having the time of my life- which I totally did!

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

Amanda was a pleasure to work with! She was always available by e-mail and helped me with any question I had. She was willing to help with anything I needed! She is highly recommended!

Abby · Married on 06/25/2016

Best investment for our wedding BY FAR! Amanda exceeded every single expectation. We hired Amanda about 6 months before our wedding and she proved incredible helpful. Not only was she super organized with all of our vendor contracts, she also was easy to reach when I had random questions. Where can I get shrubs to go in front of our port-a-potties? Amanda had a guy. Where can we get lunch delivered for the girls getting ready day of? Amanda had two awesome recommendations. Then came the day of - Amanda turned it on and made the whole day go by so seamlessly. Her helpers were also amazing, attentive and kind. I can't even imagine trying to focus on the logistics day of. I was so at ease knowing Amanda had everything covered!

Side note, she also has an excellent skill of making Mothers of Brides/Grooms happy:)

Hire Amanda - it will be your best decision yet!!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2016

Amanda at Hidden Host Events was such a lifesaver and stress reliever! I hired her for her day-of-coordinator services but she was SO much more than that! She assisted me with anything and everything I threw at her, and I couldn't have been happier with the results. From vendor recommendations and negotiations, to the rehearsal, checking on me through out my big day, I couldn't have asked for a more professional, dedicated, passionate person to assist on my wedding day!

Rebecca · Married on 01/01/2016

The Hidden Host team was simply marvelous. I used their Day-Of Coordinator service, as I wanted to do all the pre-planning myself. I instantly connected with Amanda during our first phone call. She remained in touch throughout the planning months, attending our final walkthrough and rehearsal. She was always on time, professional, and really took the time to understand my vision. When I walked into my venue and saw that she had made my dream wedding fully come to life, I could have cried. Look no further - hire Hidden Host Events!

Erica · Married on 11/07/2015

Amanda was a consummate professional and did everything to set our minds at ease. She was able to help us negotiate prices down to fit within our budget and on the day of, she helped with the assembly of all our decor including putting together our centerpieces for all 20 tables. I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone planning an event. Her attention to detail is unlike any other and she always remains positive!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Hidden Host Events LLC's reply:

Erica, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Your wedding was beautiful and I had a blast putting together the centerpieces that your mom designed! I am thrilled that I had the opportunity to work with you and Mike and wish you all the best!

I worked with Amanda for my wedding and she could not come more recommended! She was fantastic and made my wedding run smoothly from start to finish. She is extremely organized, professional, kind and wonderful at making you feel relaxed on your big day. She was so helpful that at one point she was even helping my bridesmaids bustle my dress! She has a lot of expertise in the field, and was able to answer any questions I had in a very timely manor, as well as use her experience to give me good ideas and solutions for any problems I had. Your wedding day can be stressful, so it is invaluable to know that you have a wedding planner you can trust and know that she is handling everything so that you can focus on getting married. I would recommend Amanda and the service she will provide at Hidden Host Events LLC without a doubt!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Hidden Host Events LLC's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! I am so glad that I could assist you with your wedding!

Julianne · Married on 10/04/2015

AMANDA IS A PRO!! I worked with Amanda for several months leading up to my wedding on a variety of details, questions, and issues that arose during the planning process. Amanda handled everything with ease and the utmost care and professionalism while at the same time providing her own personal advice and compassion which made some of the difficult decisions easier because she had my trust. I am a perfectionist and had a vision for how I wanted things laid out for the big day and Amanda had the confidence to tweak my ideas to make my vision 10x better than I had imagined! Amanda is very detailed and responsive and makes you feel like you are the only wedding she is planning! She seamlessly brought together months of planning to help create mine and my husband’s dream wedding day. Even my family members noticed how on top of everything she was! I vividly remember right before walking down the aisle looking at Amanda's face who gave me a reassuring "You got this!" nod to proceed. We are so fortunate to have worked with Amanda and any bride would be lucky to have this talented woman seeing her down the aisle!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Hidden Host Events LLC's reply:

Julianne, Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience! It was an honor to be a part of such a special day! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to help you plan your dream wedding and bring your vision to life! I wish you and Jimmy all the best!

Allison · Married on 08/12/2017

If you're planning a Newport wedding, I'd HIGHLY recommend Amanda/Hidden Host Events, who goes above and beyond her "day-of" responsibilities. Amanda was available to answer any question throughout my year-long planning process and had a wealth of information about vendors, etc. in the Newport area. She was particularly helpful because she formerly worked at my venue, Castle Hill. On the day of the wedding, Amanda and her colleague Morgan handled all details, delivered lunch, coordinated logistics and were present until the last guest left (more than 12 hours later). In addition to everything on the wedding day, Amanda and her team put together my welcome bags and attended the rehearsal. Thanks again Amanda!!!

Ganesh · Married on 11/19/2016

I don't know where to begin when it comes to evaluating Amanda's professionalism and service. We planned our wedding in less than 10 weeks and without Amanda by our side, at every step of the way, this would have felt like an impossible feat. Our day-of experience would have been completely overwhelming and unimagineable without her steady hand and impeccable organization leading our crazy family weddding. I cannot think of ways to repay Amanda, she made our wedding feel like or own, special and unforgettable. Thank you! Fred and Ganesh