HI Light Wedding Films Reviews

53 | Wailuku, HI

53 Reviews for HI Light Wedding Films

• Tyson

Tyson Suehiro · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Exceeded All Expectations in Capturing Our Special Day!

We were so pleased with HI Light Film’s work and really appreciated the time they spent planning/collaborating prior to our special day and the work put in the day of the wedding.

Working with Jordan for the pre-wedding planning went really smoothly and we had a great time speaking with him. He was so kind and easy to work and communicate with. He walked us through the process and asked us important questions about our special day that we hadn’t even considered (definitely helped us get more organized before our wedding day). He made us feel comfortable and taken care of before the big day.

On the day of the wedding, working with Amber and Matt was great! They had such a great positive energy the entire time and were really easy to work with. We immediately felt comfortable with them and had a great time having them at the ceremony and reception.

Our final wedding video was stunning and captured all the amazing moments of the night. We can’t thank Jordan and the HI Light Films staff enough for their excellent work, superior service, and professionalism. We highly recommend HI Light films for your wedding on Maui or any of the other Hawaiian Islands.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Cruz · Married on 11/01/2019

Thank you so much!!!

HI Light Wedding Films was such a pleasure to work with & we'd definitely recommend working with them! They were one of the easiest vendors we worked with. Communication with Jordan was easy from the beginning. My husband and I always feel awkward in front of a video camera, but video on our big day was such a breeze! Amber was super fun to work with and made us very comfortable. They seemed to work very well with the photographer we had. I was also pleasantly surprised that we received our video (which turned out so beauitful!!) so soon after the wedding. I had heard from friends that sometimes it could take up to 6 months to receive the video back from other videographers, but we had ours in a month! Thank you so much Jordan!!!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen Peterson · Married on 08/05/2019

Gorgeous work! Look no further!

Wow!  More than I could have hoped for!  Jordan and his team blew us away!!! I can't thank HI-Light Films enough for capturing our wedding day!  My wedding looks like a fairytale!

I live in Atlanta, and I had less than 3 months to plan a wedding!  I didn't hire a wedding planner, and decided last minute to hire a videographer for my big day!  I have a background in film so finding someone with high quality work was very important to me.  I found Jordan and HI-Light Films on Instagram and I immediately knew after seeing his wedding teasers that I had to hire him or someone from his team to capture my wedding.  Lucky for us, Jordan had availability in his schedule for a Monday afternoon wedding!

To say I was a stressed bride is an understatement.  My dream had always been to have a beach wedding, and what do you know, Maui got hit with not one, but two hurricanes during my wedding/vacation at Mana Kai Maui/5Palms.  The morning of my wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and then right when I sat down in the makeup chair, the sky opened up and it was pouring down rain.  My beach wedding dreams were coming to a hault.  The rain just wouldn't stop.  I tried to play it cool but I was crying inside.   I kept thinking of my beautiful wedding video being shot inside of a restaurant instead of a gorgeous beach/sunset background (and let's be honest, drone footage just doesn't have the same "wow" factor when shot inside).

Jordan did his best to help distract me and ease my worries while the rain was pouring down. He mic'd me up and was ready to battle the rain. But what do you know, the rain stopped just 3 minutes before showtime!  I got to have my beach wedding after all.  Jordan captured the most amazing and precious moments of my wedding that I had been so excited for!!

I can't thank Jordan enough for all of his hard work! Both the Instagram and wedding videos are absolutely stunning and everything and more that I have ever wanted. So many special moments were captured that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Thank you so much for everything!  From one picky Bride to another, I highly recommend Jordan and HI-Light Films.  He is extremely professional and goes above and beyond for his clients. I promise you won't be disappointed. Quick turnaround and delivers on time.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Rosemary

Rosemary M · Married on 07/18/2019

Hire HI Lights!!!

Jordan and Keanu of Hi Light Films absolutely exceeded our expectations!
    From start to finish, they were amazing to work with!
    I will remain forever grateful to Jordan for his kindness, guidance, patience and for sharing his professional and creative talent!
    I can image it creates a bit of a challenge to build a wedding story when it's an elopement with just a bride, a groom, and a minister! But, Jordan and his team skillfully and beautifully created a memory that my husband and I will cherish forever. The first viewing had us both in tears. As a photographer/videographer, myself, I have special appreciation for the skill and artistry they demonstrated in their work. This is an incredible company, run and operated by folks you can trust implicitly to be professional, punctual, and all around awesome!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Jack

Jack Ng · Married on 07/09/2019

Hi Light (especially Amber) was great!

Jordan and his team at Hi Light were great! We especially liked how Amber from his team went the extra mile during our couples shoot post wedding ceremony as we were chasing against the sunset. Her persistence in the pursuit of the perfect poses, lighting and angles made the final video amazing! We were so happy with the results and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hi Light to others.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Tomas

Tomas Alday-Morales · Married on 07/07/2019

Such an amazing vendor with an amazing team

I have known Thumper (Jordan) for a long time. It was no question on who I wanted to get for our photographery for our wedding. He appointed his team member, Amber, who was a pleasure to work with. She took her time on the shots and had a vision for everything. We got out pictures back within a few weeks and were blown away with all the pictures. My wife and I were soooooo pleased with the quality and professionalism with Hi Light Wedding Films.

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Bowden · Married on 06/29/2019

The vendor you never thought you needed.

I honestly wasn't planning on booking a videographer. I was trying really hard to stick with my budget. I invested in an amazing photographer and that was the part I was always told NOT to skimp on. Then I came across videographers. I told myself I didn't NEED one, but that was a lie. Hi Light Films is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I laughed so hard with Amber and Mike. We felt so comfortable. My husband...ahh, still sounds weird, haha. We were able to be ourselves. They created an environment that allowed us to be organic. Nothing was forced, nothing was fake or over the top. It meant the world to us. Seeing the actual final product, omggg. I did my research and once again my research did NOT let me down. I've literally watched the video 10 times already. Everyone I share the video with is amazed. Everything from the quality of the video to the music. It's a dream come true. This day was so important to us and Hi Light Films created something to last us forever. You don't NEED fancy flowers or expensive shoes. Cut back on other parts, but don't cut back here. Consider it an investment that will give back for years. Thank you Hi Light Films!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Katelynn

Katelynn Fields · Married on 06/14/2019

Exceeded all expectations

I couldn’t say enough about this company. Coming from Ohio and not knowing much about any Hawaiian wedding companies I was worried about making the wrong choice, but I couldn’t be more happy about choosing HiLight films. They captured our wedding day perfectly and so many people said it looked like a hollywood film. It has such a romantic and artistic feel that only a true professional could do. They were also super kind and made us feel comfortable about everything. I come from a family of photographers and videographers and you could say i’m pretty picky so trust me when I say they are worth every penny! I would choose a video over so many other wedding expenses and my husband agrees. Thank you guys for everything!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Leslie Kuo · Married on 06/10/2019

A Lifetime of Memories

When we first started wedding planning, we did not include videography into our budget. However, our wedding planner sent us a list of videographers to look through their work. Hi Light Films stood out above the others. Watching other people’s wedding videos brought tears to my eyes and I didn’t even know these people. I asked my fiancé if we could add videography to our budget, but he didn’t think it was necessary since we already had a photographer. Photos and video are completely different. While photos are beautiful, a video brings you back to your wedding day and all the emotions you felt. We picked Hi Light because there are a variety of packages that fit every budget. Jordan sent us a questionnaire as soon as we booked that asked for our wedding details. It included any special customs that we wanted captured and details we wanted to include so nothing would be missed. About a week prior to our wedding, Jordan called me to confirm what I wanted to see in the video and he gave me a breakdown of our timeline. After the call, he sent me an email summarizing what we talked about and included the names and phone numbers of the videographers shooting our wedding. On the day of the wedding, Amber and Michael arrived on time and they were really friendly. We are both camera shy and they made us feel very comfortable and gave us directions on what to do. I didn’t notice them during the ceremony so they’re really good at capturing the memories without blocking guests’ view. We received our edited video a lot faster than we thought we would and the finished product is amazing. They captured moments that we didn’t see and the music that was used was so perfect. I felt like they really knew us and listened to our vows and picked a song that fit us well. My husband, the one who said we didn’t need a videographer, has watched our video many times and admitted that it was a great idea. At the end of the wedding, when the food has been eaten and the drinks are gone, the flowers have died, all you have left are photos and videos. Don’t skip the video and definitely hire Hi Light Films. I can’t say enough about this amazing team.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Manta

Manta Agtunong · Married on 05/17/2019

No Ka 'Oi (IYKYK, if not google it) :)

They definitely made it a lot of fun and the overall video presentation of our wedding was beautiful! It was a jam packed night and we're so glad how they creatively included everything in the video! Jordan and his team is the best, hands down. Very thoughtful through everything and they are seriously theeee best! Mahalo Hi Light Films Ohana!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Elaine

Elaine Dora · Married on 03/28/2019

Flexible team with great results

We initially had no idea whether we even wanted or could afford a videography team -- in fact, a lot of people said it was an unnecessary expense...but after getting married and receiving our wedding video, we know we made the right decision in working with Jordan's team. The day of the wedding went by so fast that there's so many details that we missed and we able to rediscover on the film. Not only can we see our own smiles but the smiles of all our guests. And as much as we love our photos, video just offers a way to really go back to the moment that is incomparable.

Jordan handled all the pre-wedding communication and details for us so professionally and patiently. We had budget and time concerns, along with not really knowing what to expect from a video team, but he explained everything and recommended a plan that would be a good fit. He was always quick to reply and we never felt any anxiety or uncertainty during any part of the process.

After the wedding, the completed video was also delivered sooner than we even expected! Since we had chosen the raw data option as well, Jordan was also very quick to send all the footage from our whole day over to us in Japan -- very professionally confirming our address to make sure it went through internationally postage okay (and I was reassured that they kept a backup of the data until you receive it!). It arrived right away and we were happy to find that not only was the full footage we had wanted of all the speeches and important parts of the day, there was also a lot of multiple angle footage thanks to the second shooter!

We are very, very happy that we entrusted Hi Light to record our wedding day and we now have something to treasure and watch back every anniversary (and sometimes just randomly in between). Thank you!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Judy T · Married on 03/23/2019

Great videographers!

Jordan and his team were great to work with for our wedding video! He took all the feedback we had for our video and executed perfectly. We wanted a happy and playful video (not sappy) with upbeat music that focused on the celebration and guests and we got exactly what we wanted!

Amber and Michael were there to shoot the day of, and they were really easy and fun to work with. They were very experienced and executed on everything we asked for.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Jim Curtis · Married on 01/07/2019

Beautiful result. Great value.

Jordan and his team were excellent. They were fantastic to work with throughout the entire, seamless process and the end result was top-notch!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Nina · Married on 12/18/2018

professional and fun team

The team is fun to work with and the final video is absolutely beautiful. Months before the wedding day, we received a questionnaire from Jordan to fill out details/requirements. Jordan also arranged a phone call to go through details and answer all our questions. We worked with Amber and Michael on the wedding day. They are very professional, detail oriented and fun as well. The final video is amazing, and it was delivered pretty fast. We really appreciate their work and we highly recommend their service.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Kris · Married on 12/07/2018

Exceptional service and teamwork

Our experience with Jordan, Amber, Mike and Keanu was exceptional! Their teamwork and attention to details helped our wedding day go smoothly. The drone was a nice added touch and worth the extra $$. We anticipated receiving the film a couple months after our wedding, and it arrived early...great Christmas gift for us. Thank you, HiLight Film! The quality of our film is amazing. Their song choices fit us just right. We also got the raw footage which was great, because we could watch the entire ceremony again. We highly recommend HiLight Film for wedding cinematography.

Sent on 03/01/2019

Michelle C · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience all around

We had a great time working with Hi Light Films. Despite the time zone difference, Jordan always responded to our questions promptly, which put us at ease during the planning process leading up to the wedding. Jordan had us fill out a questionnaire early on, which covered every detail you could think of on the wedding day, and some of the details ended up being helpful with other vendors as well. We had Amber and 2 other videographers on the day of the wedding and the filming experience was very smooth. We received the edited film 2 weeks after the wedding and it was beautiful. Overall it's been a highly professional and pleasant experience, highly recommend!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Lesly

Lesly Corum · Married on 10/07/2018

Most memorable thing ever :)

My husband and I couldn't have selected a better team to capture and video our special day. We were both very nervous about how the whole thing would come together and if we would feel awkward in any way during the filming, when you watch other videos you think to yourself how do they capture all of that and it not feel so "put on" but the team was fantastic we did not even really know they were there. The team made our day run so much smoother than we could have ever imagined. We knew we wanted to have a video to bring back home since we did choose a destination site for our special day and there were many that could not attend. I am so fortunate we have this keepsake to cherish forever and ever. I will say this is the best money you will spend, if you have to cut corners in other areas do so, however, do not let it be on videography and photography. The day goes by so so fast and this things you will have to last you till the end of time. Jordan was always very timely in answering my emails and addressing my concerns, despite the significant time change, he really put my mind at ease and couldn't be more appreciative of all the love and hard work you gave us. We love all of you and thank you to all our new Ohana in Maui.... Much love from the Corums

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Kjeldsen · Married on 10/05/2018

Highly Recommend!

Hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Hi Light films shot our destination wedding this past October in Maui and they were so fantastic to work with. We did a lot of research before selecting a videographer and had a particular style that we had in mind. The final video surpassed every expectation we had. We have watched it countless times already and look forward to watching it for years to come. If you are on the fence on whether or not to have a videographer - I can tell you first hand that it is absolutely worth it. The day goes by so quickly and we are beyond grateful to have had Hi Light Films capture our special day. They managed to capture all of the details and moments in such a beautiful and artistic way and we couldn’t be more pleased with the results and working with them through the whole process. Jordan was very responsive to our emails/calls and answered all questions leading up to the wedding and the day of, the team made us feel so comfortable and really made the whole process fun and natural. We are so happy we decided to go with Hi Light Films and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch videographer in Hawaii. Thanks again, Hi Light Films!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Nga Khuu · Married on 09/20/2018

Love Hi Light Films!!

We had such an amazing experience with the Hi Light Films team for our outdoor Maui wedding!! They were very professional and capture every moment so well. We were debating in the beginning if we wanted to hire a videographer for our wedding but now looking back we wouldn’t have it any other way. For anyone out there who is thinking about having a videographer for their wedding, just do it!! You can put a price on capturing such a memorable time in your life and you can always relive it many many years down the road. The Hi Light team did a phenomenal job put everything together and even sent us a package with the uncut footages. Mahalo!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Richelle Anne Hancock · Married on 08/10/2018

Dream come true

We had such a wonderful time working with Jordan and his team! Michael and I felt so much at ease from start to finish. It felt like we've been friends for years. It was very easy to communicate with Jordan during the planning process and they captured every beautiful moment. My husband and I knew we wanted to invest a little more money into our videographer and we could not have asked for a better team. I did a lot of research and cried watching all of their videos. That's how we knew they were the one. :) We loved the finished product. As did our family and friends-not a dry eye! Definitely recommending this wonderful, talented group of people!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Mika · Married on 06/27/2018

We have always wanted a wedding film, but weren't sure if it could fit in our budget. The money spent on this was well worth it and I highly recommend Jordan and his team to anyone having a destination wedding. It's been such a blast sharing the video with people who were not able to attend in person and I look forward to sharing the video with our children someday!

I can honestly say that Jordan at Hi Light Films was the easiest to work with and most responsive of all of our vendors. I could always count on him for professionalism and prompt responses which was a great relief during the stressful wedding planning process.

Hi Light was also a lot more affordable than the other videographers I looked into. We feel that their work is of the highest quality and it was such a pleasure having three videographers there on our wedding day to document all of the details. We highly recommend Hi Light to anyone considering getting video footage.

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Y

Yitong · Married on 05/30/2018

Hi Light Films is absolutely amazing! Jordan and his team are absolutely amazing! They are easy to communicate with, professional and very reliable. They have a quick turn around. We got our films (both online and hard drive) within a month after our wedding. And the final wedding film is exactly what we expected, elegant and beautiful. They captured all the wonderful moments we want. A little bit background about us, we are Chinese who work and live in New York City area and our parents are all from China who speak very little English. So it makes it very hard for Jordan and his team to edit the speeches since it's all in Mandarin. We appreciate that the team took extra steps and worked with us successfully to edit the speeches! Most importantly, these are all within our budget! Thank you Hi Light Films!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

We totally recommend Hi-Light Films - worth every penny! Jordan and his team are great; professional and friendly! They were on top of things and were accommodating to our changes, including location and post edits. They were also quick to deliver an amazing video (online and hard drive) which captured our wedding and added a creative flare. We appreciate their work and were extremely happy with the end product.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 04/26/2018

It is honestly hard to put into words how incredibly happy we were with our choice to have the team at HiLight share and capture our special day. If you are anything like we were and are on the fence about whether or not to hire a videographer to capture your wedding....DO IT!!!! Seriously.... and make sure you hire HiLight!!

I can truthfully say out of all of the decisions that we made with respect to our wedding this was one of the BEST decisions we could have made. No matter how relaxed the day is and how present you are in the moment, it goes by WAY too fast! Pictures tell a beautiful story but there truly isn't anything like film to help you remember ever little detail.

It was so great that HiLight had a variety of options available that were also affordable - which is important to many and something we found hard to find while still being top notch quality. Jordan was SO responsive and friendly and although we didn't meet in advance, after emailing back and forth and briefly speaking on the phone I felt completely at ease and comfortable. His team that joined us the day of the wedding were so friendly, kind and talented - not to mention dedicated to ensuring they captured it all.

Where many videographer's can take months to provide you with a finished product we had ours in WEEKS!!! This was such a wonderful and welcomed surprise. The video was incredible. We absolutely loved being able to share our special day through video with friends and family who were unable to join us in Maui and have received SO many compliments, including comments from many that it was the BEST wedding video they had ever seen.

Our wedding was only a short month a go and I can tell you watching the video reminded me of things I had already forgotten of the day. Trust me, you won't regret the decision to have HiLight capture your special day, I have watched our video every single day since we received it :)

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 04/17/2018

HI Light Films was absolutely amazing!! Little history about us. We both are newly graduated, full-time dentists living on the East coast and simply did not have time (nor energy) to put together a wedding, so we decided to elope to Hawaii. Without any guests and really without any help from us, HI Light Films put together a masterpiece that we can enjoy forever. If you are on the edge about drone footage, we highly recommend it, the footage was amazing. Thank you so much for making our special day forever memorable!!

Sent on 05/20/2018