HI Light Wedding Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Kristi W. Married on 07/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We couldn't have dreamed of a better video!

Our whole experience working with Hi Light Films has been fantastic! We would highly recommend them for any of your film needs. When we were searching for our wedding videographer (we looked at a LOT), Jordan was always very prompt and helpful. We loved their style and decided to move forward with them. Jordan arranged a meeting leading up to our big day to make sure his team understood the timeline of our day, made sure we talked about important details or moments we wanted captured, etc. The two videographers who shot our day were professional and fun. The turnaround time on receiving our final wedding film was extremely fast and the video was INCREDIBLE! They captured every.single.thing and we were blown away by the final product. We couldn't have dreamed of a better video. All our family and friends who have seen it are raving at how great it turned out! We look forward to re-watching and reliving our big day every year on our anniversary. Thank you, Jordan, and Hi Light Films for capturing the most important day of our lives!

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Wow thank you so so much for the this heartfelt review! I’m so happy you are so thrilled with your film! It was a pleasure capturing your day and congratulations! Thank you again for posting this rave review!!!
  • Kersten
    Kersten B. Married on 12/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So grateful for HiLights talent! They captured our day perfectly!

We knew from the very beginning we wanted to have a videographer and photographer that would provide a product that we’d be able to relive our special day over and over again. HiLight and his team exceeded everything that we hoped for! Having them be apart of our day was the best decision! Everything ran so smooth from the first phone call with Jordan to receiving our AMAZING video and pictures.
    Christie C. Married on 10/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The professionalism and artistic abilities of Jordan, Amber, and Charles cannot be overstated! :)

In the weeks leading up to our wedding, my husband and I really started considering getting a videographer. We had a tough time justifying it since the wedding was going very small and we weren't sure if it was going to be worth having a really short video. We cannot emphasize how happy we are that we went through with having Hi-Light Films be a part of our special day to produce a wonderful video that was beyond our expectations.

From the very beginning, Jordan was very helpful by having an initial call to walk us through the process for what we should expect and to help him get a sense of the special moments we wanted to be captured throughout the day. On the day of the wedding our videographers, Amber and Charles, were there before the wedding coordinator and helped set everything up. While it wasn't there responsibility, it showed how above and beyond their team really went.

Within a week after the wedding, we received the wedding video and we were blown away. It was our own fairy tale movie that captured all the intimate moments we didn't expect to be caught on film. The video brought family, friends, and strangers to tears. The professionalism and artistic abilities of Jordan, Amber, and Charles cannot be overstated. We are grateful that we went with Hi-Light Films and would recommend them to anyone who is looking to memorialize their big day.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Renee C. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing work!

Due to covid, my husband and I decided to have a small, 24 guest wedding in Maui. Since the majority of our family and friends wouldn't be able to attend, we thought it was important that we have a video made so we could share that with everyone. Before we even found our planner, I searched for a wedding videographer and was drawn to the videos done by Jordan and his team so we hired them! Both Jordan and Amber were super easy to talk to and work with. They made us feel comfortable at a time when anxiety was at an all time high. And, I'm not biased or anything, but our video turned out amazing....better than I could have hoped for! I cry every time I watch it and some friends/family have said the same :) The video captured the most important things that we'll be able to remember forever. Truly so happy going with Hi-light. Couldn't have had a better experience!
    Lindsay Married on 09/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing from start to finish!

Jordan and his team were absolutely fantastic to work with...from the initial intro call where he walked me through the process and what makes them stand out, to understanding specifically the type and length of film we wanted, to collaborating on a price that worked for us both, to the actual wedding day! The team was so prepared and fun and gave great direction while still letting the day unfold naturally. We spent so much time with our videographers and photographers so truly enjoying being around them made us feel so comfortable and confident. And when we got our video back we were FLOORED! The quality was so professional and the picture so clear and truly captured the spontaneity and beauty of our day. Jordan was totally open to feedback to get a few more scenes in our video and we were left with exactly what we wanted and can share the memories with friends and family, who have all raved about the video too :) Thank you!!
    Brittany L. Married on 09/09/2021

Absolutely Amazed!

I don’t know where to start! Jordan and the team were so easy to work with. The team was prepared, gave us the direction we needed to feel confident, yet very natural! Their return on our video was so quick and it turned out amazing! The quality was very professional and clear and truly captured our day in the best way possible and now we are left with memories to share with each other, our friends and family. From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank you for capturing our special day!
    Jenna E. Married on 08/14/2021

Jenna Eberhardt

Beyond amazing Dream come true
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 07/17/2021

Exceptional and professional!

I don't know where to start!

We got the cinematic package for our elopement in Maui, and the video is superb. It's hard to put into words how much it means to us, but Jordan and his team at Hi Light films created exactly what we wanted (and more!) to remember our special day. Incredible quality and true talent at capturing emotions. In addition, Jordan called us weeks beforehand to discuss our vision and was always very prompt and courteous in his communication with us. Truly professional!

Our videographer team was Amber and Matt. They were so calm, creative, and enjoyable to be around! They made us entirely comfortable while filming and did an incredible job. I can't say enough about them and can only hope they know how special they are! Than you both!

To summarize as best as I can, Jordan and his team are exceptional. True masters of the craft with great personalities as a bonus. You'd be CRAZY to not book them, and if you get the opportunity you won't regret it!! Mahalo Jordan and team! ♡ Olivia & Kevin
    Christopher S. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing experience!

Jordan and his team were awesome! They were very friendly and professional. They made us super comfortable and we’re very communicative throughout the entire process. They made it so much fun and the work was absolutely amazing! Very happy with our decision to work with them and would recommend them to anyone.
    Katherine W. Married on 05/12/2021

Exceeded our expectations!

Jordan and his team exceeded our expectations for our wedding film. It is perfect in every way, and extremely timely (we got it back much quicker than promised!). Purchasing a wedding day video is worth every penny and Jordan makes it very affordable as well. I highly recommend hiring Jordan / his team for your wedding day, you will not regret it!
    Rochelle Married on 05/09/2021

Amazing!

AMAZING! 5 stars all way. The film was produced beautifully. We are so in love with it! Our family and friends all loved it as well. Hi Light Films did an amazing job on filming and producing it. The best part, we received the film in just three days after the wedding. WOW! How amazing was that?!

Jordan was easy to work with from start to finish, very professional and responsive.

Overall, we are more than happy and satisfied with the outcome. Hi Light Films has exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend Hi Light Films to anyone and everyone who is looking for a professional, experienced team with amazing results. You will not regret it!

Jordan and his team are beyond awesome! Thank you!

• Laurie
    Laurie S. Married on 10/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding videographer on Maui!!!

My husband and I were unsure if we wanted a videographer for our wedding and we are SO HAPPY that we decided to use one. We were planning a destination wedding form Seattle, WA and Jordan made it such and easy process without ever meeting him in person. We had a phone call with him prior to wedding in which he helped us plan what we wanted to be in the film and the timeline for the wedding. Amber and Charles were the videographers who shot our wedding, and they went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable, and they kept the day organized. Jordan and his team are so talented, and our video is better than we ever could have imagined! They truly made our vision come true. It has brought tears to everyone’s eyes who has watched it. We got our final film in less than two weeks after our wedding! Jordan was also very flexible and made a few small edits to the footage included in the film before finalizing it and mailing us a copy on a USB drive. If you are debating between getting a videographer than I highly recommend using one and you will not be disappointed in Hi Light Wedding Films!
    Peter H. Married on 08/29/2020

Best wedding photographer

Hired Jordan and his team to capture this special moment for my wife and I. They did an amazing job. They were able to make us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Photos came out perfect.
  • Krystal
    Krystal H. Married on 08/29/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best company to work with

Jordan and his team did an amazing job. They were able to help us feel comfortable in front of the camera and capture the perfect wedding photos. Hands down, the best company to work with.
  • Ava
    Ava Married on 02/01/2020

Highly recommend!

Could not recommend Hi Light Films more. From the beginning, Jordan was in touch with us to make sure his team captured everything we wanted. Amber was so fun and easy to work with the day of the wedding and Jordan did an amazing job with the drone shots. The final product is SO amazing and we could not have asked for anything better. I've already watched it a million times and everyone that sees it comments on what a great job the videography team did. Even post-production, Jordan has been so responsive and receptive to everything. You will not go wrong with this team!
    Kathleen C. Married on 11/01/2019

Thank you so much!!!

HI Light Wedding Films was such a pleasure to work with & we'd definitely recommend working with them! They were one of the easiest vendors we worked with. Communication with Jordan was easy from the beginning. My husband and I always feel awkward in front of a video camera, but video on our big day was such a breeze! Amber was super fun to work with and made us very comfortable. They seemed to work very well with the photographer we had. I was also pleasantly surprised that we received our video (which turned out so beauitful!!) so soon after the wedding. I had heard from friends that sometimes it could take up to 6 months to receive the video back from other videographers, but we had ours in a month! Thank you so much Jordan!!!
  • Tyson
    Tyson S. Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceeded All Expectations in Capturing Our Special Day!

We were so pleased with HI Light Film’s work and really appreciated the time they spent planning/collaborating prior to our special day and the work put in the day of the wedding.

Working with Jordan for the pre-wedding planning went really smoothly and we had a great time speaking with him. He was so kind and easy to work and communicate with. He walked us through the process and asked us important questions about our special day that we hadn’t even considered (definitely helped us get more organized before our wedding day). He made us feel comfortable and taken care of before the big day.

On the day of the wedding, working with Amber and Matt was great! They had such a great positive energy the entire time and were really easy to work with. We immediately felt comfortable with them and had a great time having them at the ceremony and reception.

Our final wedding video was stunning and captured all the amazing moments of the night. We can’t thank Jordan and the HI Light Films staff enough for their excellent work, superior service, and professionalism. We highly recommend HI Light films for your wedding on Maui or any of the other Hawaiian Islands.
  • Kristen
    Kristen P. Married on 08/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous work! Look no further!

Wow!  More than I could have hoped for!  Jordan and his team blew us away!!! I can't thank HI-Light Films enough for capturing our wedding day!  My wedding looks like a fairytale!

I live in Atlanta, and I had less than 3 months to plan a wedding!  I didn't hire a wedding planner, and decided last minute to hire a videographer for my big day!  I have a background in film so finding someone with high quality work was very important to me.  I found Jordan and HI-Light Films on Instagram and I immediately knew after seeing his wedding teasers that I had to hire him or someone from his team to capture my wedding.  Lucky for us, Jordan had availability in his schedule for a Monday afternoon wedding!

To say I was a stressed bride is an understatement.  My dream had always been to have a beach wedding, and what do you know, Maui got hit with not one, but two hurricanes during my wedding/vacation at Mana Kai Maui/5Palms.  The morning of my wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and then right when I sat down in the makeup chair, the sky opened up and it was pouring down rain.  My beach wedding dreams were coming to a hault.  The rain just wouldn't stop.  I tried to play it cool but I was crying inside.   I kept thinking of my beautiful wedding video being shot inside of a restaurant instead of a gorgeous beach/sunset background (and let's be honest, drone footage just doesn't have the same "wow" factor when shot inside).

Jordan did his best to help distract me and ease my worries while the rain was pouring down. He mic'd me up and was ready to battle the rain. But what do you know, the rain stopped just 3 minutes before showtime!  I got to have my beach wedding after all.  Jordan captured the most amazing and precious moments of my wedding that I had been so excited for!!

I can't thank Jordan enough for all of his hard work! Both the Instagram and wedding videos are absolutely stunning and everything and more that I have ever wanted. So many special moments were captured that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Thank you so much for everything!  From one picky Bride to another, I highly recommend Jordan and HI-Light Films.  He is extremely professional and goes above and beyond for his clients. I promise you won't be disappointed. Quick turnaround and delivers on time.
  • Rosemary
    Rosemary Married on 07/18/2019

Hire HI Lights!!!

Jordan and Keanu of Hi Light Films absolutely exceeded our expectations!
    From start to finish, they were amazing to work with!
    I will remain forever grateful to Jordan for his kindness, guidance, patience and for sharing his professional and creative talent!
    I can image it creates a bit of a challenge to build a wedding story when it's an elopement with just a bride, a groom, and a minister! But, Jordan and his team skillfully and beautifully created a memory that my husband and I will cherish forever. The first viewing had us both in tears. As a photographer/videographer, myself, I have special appreciation for the skill and artistry they demonstrated in their work. This is an incredible company, run and operated by folks you can trust implicitly to be professional, punctual, and all around awesome!
  • Jack
    Jack Married on 07/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hi Light (especially Amber) was great!

Jordan and his team at Hi Light were great! We especially liked how Amber from his team went the extra mile during our couples shoot post wedding ceremony as we were chasing against the sunset. Her persistence in the pursuit of the perfect poses, lighting and angles made the final video amazing! We were so happy with the results and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hi Light to others.
  • Tomas
    Tomas A. Married on 07/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Such an amazing vendor with an amazing team

I have known Thumper (Jordan) for a long time. It was no question on who I wanted to get for our photographery for our wedding. He appointed his team member, Amber, who was a pleasure to work with. She took her time on the shots and had a vision for everything. We got out pictures back within a few weeks and were blown away with all the pictures. My wife and I were soooooo pleased with the quality and professionalism with Hi Light Wedding Films.
  • Jamie
    Jamie B. Married on 06/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The vendor you never thought you needed.

I honestly wasn't planning on booking a videographer. I was trying really hard to stick with my budget. I invested in an amazing photographer and that was the part I was always told NOT to skimp on. Then I came across videographers. I told myself I didn't NEED one, but that was a lie. Hi Light Films is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I laughed so hard with Amber and Mike. We felt so comfortable. My husband...ahh, still sounds weird, haha. We were able to be ourselves. They created an environment that allowed us to be organic. Nothing was forced, nothing was fake or over the top. It meant the world to us. Seeing the actual final product, omggg. I did my research and once again my research did NOT let me down. I've literally watched the video 10 times already. Everyone I share the video with is amazed. Everything from the quality of the video to the music. It's a dream come true. This day was so important to us and Hi Light Films created something to last us forever. You don't NEED fancy flowers or expensive shoes. Cut back on other parts, but don't cut back here. Consider it an investment that will give back for years. Thank you Hi Light Films!! Thank you so much!!
    Katelynn F. Married on 06/14/2019

Exceeded all expectations

I couldn’t say enough about this company. Coming from Ohio and not knowing much about any Hawaiian wedding companies I was worried about making the wrong choice, but I couldn’t be more happy about choosing HiLight films. They captured our wedding day perfectly and so many people said it looked like a hollywood film. It has such a romantic and artistic feel that only a true professional could do. They were also super kind and made us feel comfortable about everything. I come from a family of photographers and videographers and you could say i’m pretty picky so trust me when I say they are worth every penny! I would choose a video over so many other wedding expenses and my husband agrees. Thank you guys for everything!!
    Leslie K. Married on 06/10/2019

A Lifetime of Memories

When we first started wedding planning, we did not include videography into our budget. However, our wedding planner sent us a list of videographers to look through their work. Hi Light Films stood out above the others. Watching other people’s wedding videos brought tears to my eyes and I didn’t even know these people. I asked my fiancé if we could add videography to our budget, but he didn’t think it was necessary since we already had a photographer. Photos and video are completely different. While photos are beautiful, a video brings you back to your wedding day and all the emotions you felt. We picked Hi Light because there are a variety of packages that fit every budget. Jordan sent us a questionnaire as soon as we booked that asked for our wedding details. It included any special customs that we wanted captured and details we wanted to include so nothing would be missed. About a week prior to our wedding, Jordan called me to confirm what I wanted to see in the video and he gave me a breakdown of our timeline. After the call, he sent me an email summarizing what we talked about and included the names and phone numbers of the videographers shooting our wedding. On the day of the wedding, Amber and Michael arrived on time and they were really friendly. We are both camera shy and they made us feel very comfortable and gave us directions on what to do. I didn’t notice them during the ceremony so they’re really good at capturing the memories without blocking guests’ view. We received our edited video a lot faster than we thought we would and the finished product is amazing. They captured moments that we didn’t see and the music that was used was so perfect. I felt like they really knew us and listened to our vows and picked a song that fit us well. My husband, the one who said we didn’t need a videographer, has watched our video many times and admitted that it was a great idea. At the end of the wedding, when the food has been eaten and the drinks are gone, the flowers have died, all you have left are photos and videos. Don’t skip the video and definitely hire Hi Light Films. I can’t say enough about this amazing team.
  • Manta
    Manta A. Married on 05/17/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

No Ka 'Oi (IYKYK, if not google it) :)

They definitely made it a lot of fun and the overall video presentation of our wedding was beautiful! It was a jam packed night and we're so glad how they creatively included everything in the video! Jordan and his team is the best, hands down. Very thoughtful through everything and they are seriously theeee best! Mahalo Hi Light Films Ohana!
illustration stars