HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

183 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2

Lindsey · Married on 08/09/2014

All I can say is WOW...our wedding video by Hi Focused cinematography left my husband and I and anyone who sees it speechless and in tears. We couldn't have imagined it being any better. We've watched our highlight video at least 100 times in the 2 months that we've had it and we both agree that it was the best money we spent at our wedding. Jordan and his assistant were absolutely amazing to have at the wedding and they were completely inconspicuous too, you never even noticed they were shooting which was so nice. Thank you, thank you thank you Hi Focused Cinematography for capturing this memorable day so perfectly. We hope to be able to use you again in the future for another occasion!

Trang · Married on 08/02/2014

In one word - PHENOMENAL!

FInding HI FOCUSED took about 3 months (we got so lucky!) but once we did oh man... I said yes, from the moment I watched the first video on the website! We watched more videos than I care for during our research period but there was something about HI FOCUSED's work that caught my attention from the start... the way that Jordan captures the moments and puts them together makes you feel like you were there the whole time.

HI FOCUSED earns 5 stars in every Wedding Wire category from me. Please read on to see why..

Jordan of HI FOCUSED was our contact person from day one and to this day (3 Months post wedding). He is quick to respond and address your concerns/needs in a timely fashion. I appreciate that he was so willing and flexible on our wedding day (we filmed at two different locations) and with our videos (we made several requests) - not once did he make us feel like we were cumbersome or creating more work for him. I loved that Jordan reached out to us a week before our wedding to review in length what our vision and must have captured special moments are. On our wedding day, he worked his magic behind the rolling cameras without interrupting the flow of the day - thank you, Jordan!

Just to share with you some of the feedback we've received from friends and family:
    ~ "I wasn't going to have a cinematographer but your video has inspired me" says a childhood gal pal getting married in December
    ~ "I'm stealing your video. Can I steal it?" from a male co-worker getting married in November
    ~ "Your wedding video is so good! You should put it on TV" says an 8 years married husband/wife team

Truly, HI FOCUSED comes highly recommended and with my utmost regards. I could not be happier with our selection! And to be quite frank, we look forward to having Jordan of HI FOCUSED Cinematography when we renew our vows in a couple of years!

Caitlin · Married on 07/13/2014

Jordan was a true professional! He contacted us a few weeks before the wedding to go over some details and asked a few questions about what I wanted in our wedding video. Jordan showed up way early to make sure that he had enough time to get all the shots. He introduced himself, chatted for a bit, told me I looked stunning, and then was off to work.

Jordan was fabulous to work with on our wedding day. He had such a warm personality and helped to keep me calm by joking a little bit and keeping everything light. The highlight video that Jordan created made my husband and I look like movie stars. I have been raving about his work ever since our big day! The full length video came in the mail today and it's an hour of footage. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but his work knocked my expectations out of the park! Couldn't have picked a better videographer!!!

Leilani · Married on 07/12/2014

We just recently got married and loved the outcome of our video. We chose to do an engagement video, slideshow, and a same day edit video. The presentation was fabulous and still, we have family and friends still raving at how fantastic our video was.

Jordan is very quick to respond to any e-mails or questions you may have about your video. He met with us on a few occasions to make sure that our vision was met throughout this whole process. He offered us great ideas about our set-up of our ceremony and reception. We even hand picked all of our music that we used in our video.

Our overall experience with HI Focused was beyond our expectations. I even recommend HI Focused to a friend getting married next year! They saw our video at our wedding and loved everything about it.

Thanks for the great experience and cherished memories you captured on our special day.

Matthew and Leilani Yamauchi

Anu · Married on 07/11/2014

During the wedding planning process I asked several of my newlywed friends for some wedding planning advice. Many had the same feedback, their biggest regret was not getting a videographer to document their big day!

After scouring the Internet, asking around, and meeting with several videographers, I decided that I wouldn't go with anyone other than Jordan with Hi Focused. His work was impeccable, not to mention he responded back to emails, text, and phone promptly. Jordan had great feedback and input with our wedding timeline and was such a big help! He and his team were very professional and worked well alongside our photographer and wedding coordinator.

Shortly after our wedding we received our highlight film, feature film (my favorite, this is an absolute must!), and the full length edit. We were blown away at our videos! I can't even describe how amazing they turned out. Jordan and his team are truly talented and their artistic talent shines through their work. We sent the videos to our friends and family who could not be there for our actual wedding and they all were able to feel as though they were actually there!

Thank you Jordan for creating such an amazing keepsake which has allowed us to relive an important chapter in our lives. I can see us watching the video on many future anniversaries to come and I know that we will get that same magical feeling as we do when we watch it now!

Cassie · Married on 07/10/2014

We hired Jordan and his team at Hi Focused for our wedding after falling in love with his style and high quality videos found online. He worked with us to create the perfect package that fit our needs, and even coordinated an additional videographer to film and stream a live feed of our wedding in Maui for those who couldn't attend (at last minute I must add!!). He always responded immediately to all emails/calls and was open to capturing our special day with our personal style in mind. He was professional to work with, and the final product was INCREDIBLE! He made us a highlight film which was posted promptly for all of our friends and family to see (it was so good that all of my friends either immediately regretted not filming their own weddings, or, inspired the ones who had yet to get married to hire a videographer). Needless to stay the highlight film was stunning, professional and absolutely perfect - down to every last detail. He also gave us two DVDs with both the highlight film and all of the raw footage. He also was extremely accommodating in delivering the raw footage on an external hard drive and worked hard to make sure it was compatible with both my dads operating system and editing programs as well as mine. Jordan and his team are THE BEST videographers on Maui and I am so thrilled I was able to hire them for our wedding. Our wedding guests called them the "ninja's" because they were so discrete and unobtrusive that no one noticed them the entire night - yet every important moment was captured!

• Serena

Serena · Married on 07/01/2014

I hired Jordan from Hi Focused to be the videographer for my wedding at Olowalu Plantation house for my July 2014 wedding. I hired Hi Focused because after scouring the internet for days and looking at a ton of different video samples videographers were providing, their video clips, I felt, paid attention to detail in the same way I was. I also noticed that Hi Focused's video clips were flattering to the scenery, the decor, the ceremony, reception, and most importantly, the bride and groom. After hiring Jordan, I found him to be quick with his responses via email, generous with his willingness to answer all of my questions, available to me, and professional.

On the day of the wedding, Jordan was never a nuisance or bother to me, I barely noticed he was there which was what I had wanted. The best part, however, was the video clip as well as the wedding video itself. My wedding video clip has been viewed online by over 50,000 people and every single of those people has had something nice to say about the video and the quality of the video itself. The editing, creative aspects of the shots, the lighting, all of it was beyond my expectations and my expectations were really high! I cannot recommend Jordan or Hi Focused enough. If you want to see the clip from my wedding- just ask him to send you the clip of the Dyer/Pisoni wedding and you will see what I mean!...

Ranzel · Married on 05/17/2014

Our wedding was on May 17 2014. As we all know planning a wedding can be very hectic and stressful. My wife and I cannot thank Jordan and his Hi Focused team enough for the amazing work they did as our videographer. From the first email I sent to inquire about their services to the last one to say thank you I always received the best professional service. We have watched our video and same day edit video several times and it was worth every penny. Having been to several weddings and watched plenty of wedding videos it can be a very hard time to pick a videographer when its your turn, but I encourage any soon to be married couple to look at their website, the different plans, packages and add on options plus all the awards they have won. They have the best prices considering what you get in return and when you compare them with others out there. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this company and how happy we are to have found them. Thank you Hi Focused Cinematography!!!

Traci · Married on 05/02/2014

I highly recommend Jordan as a videographer. He did an outstanding job on our video and always returned emails within 24 hours which made it very convenient for me since I was organizing our wedding from the mainland. No request was too big or too small for him. Jordan was very easy to talk with and the week of the event he arranged a call to talk through the set up and filming. Jordan was very helpful about talking me through what to expect of the officiant and musician, too, since I didn't know them or how the wedding ceremony would go. On the day of the event Jordan arrived early and did an excellent job capturing everything. Within a week he had the highlight video complete and I relied on Jordan to pick the song to accompany it. He did a great job! I highly recommend Jordan to record your event whether its in Hawaii or on the mainland! Thank you, Jordan! Very professional and well filmed!

Jonathan · Married on 04/28/2014

Working with Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography was an absolute dream! Upon looking for a videographer to capture our wedding day, we came across Jordan’s highlight videos through Wedding Wire and his Blog/Website. His attention to detail, unique angles, and dynamic shots set his work apart from the rest. Planning a wedding from the mainland can be quite stressful and reaching out to vendors from afar can be nerve wracking. When I messaged Jordan to inquire if he and his team were available on our wedding day, he responded within a couple hours and set up a phone meeting to get to know us personally. From that first email interaction and conversation over the phone he put us at ease that enabled us to trust him professionally and creatively. He even worked with our budget and guaranteed we would receive our highlight video before our reception back home (three weeks after our wedding in Maui)!

On our wedding day, he showed up early to set up and stuck to our timeline we had worked out a week prior. His calming and laid back attitude allowed us to take a step back and really enjoy our day. We received our highlight video a week after our wedding day while we were on our honeymoon!! We loved that we were able to re-live the whole event shortly after. We told him to pick any song to compliment artistic footage. The song that he surprised us with is actually one of our favorite songs ☺ He didn’t even know we love that song!! The highlight video captured our personalities, our venues, and each special moment flawlessly. Also, the audio from our vows came through really clearly. Honestly, just the highlight video alone was worth the money! He definitely kept his word and had the video completed two weeks before promised. We received the full-length film a week later and were equally impressed. We are so happy and grateful that we found such a professional and talented guy like Jordan! Thank you Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography!

Cheers! Jonathan and Leilani Fu

garvey · Married on 04/26/2014

(We originally wrote this review for Yelp but we wanted to share our wonderful experience here and on the knot too.)

We hired Jordan for our wedding in Maui in May and couldn't be happier with his work!! He was very accommodating and was always available to answer our questions. I was nervous about how our vendors would turn out being from New York and having the wedding all the way in Maui but after working with Hi Focused and seeing our wedding DVD, they really did an exceptional job!

Some things I really appreciated about Jordan:
    - He went out of his way to deliver our raw footages to our hotel the day after the wedding. This was so nice because we were able to view parts of the wedding that we missed right away.
    - He under promised and over delivered. We received our wedding DVD a month earlier than we expected.
    - He followed up after he sent the DVD to make sure we received it.
    - I had had a lot of detail questions for him and he took the time to answer every single one of them. I read somewhere to incorporate all of that into the contact like what type of equipment he used and how many (he probably thought I was crazy but I was super nervous and wanted everything spelled out in there haha). He actually followed up with me a few months before the wedding to let me know that he upgraded his equipment so it was different than what was specified in the contract!
    -Speaking of contracts, they do require meals for the team if you hire them for more than a few hours. That was specified in their document so there are no surprises at all.

I highly recommend them!

Kimberly · Married on 04/16/2014

My husband and I are so happy with the job Jordan with Hi Focused did, we would recommend him to anyone. He did an amazing job! I felt very confident in Jordan, and knew that our wedding memory would be in good hands, after all, all you have left after the wedding day is your photos and video!!!

Mark · Married on 04/15/2014

My partner and I chose Jordan and HI Focused due to the very professional nature of the samples from their website and how they explained their process. As a same sex couple we were very pleased with the way Jordan kept us at ease and focused on producing the best video we could have asked for. The attention to detail shown on the set up and shots at the Fairmont Kea Lani as well as at Gannon's for the ceremony and dinner afterwards captured everything we wanted, including the casual dress down for dinner. We also worked to find just the right music to accompany the video and Jordan's final product reflected the exact feelings we wanted to have expressed when viewing the video.

Hi Focused Cinematography was a wonderful company to work with. From the beginning their weddings clips instantly grabbed my attention due to it being unique and individualized compared to other companies. Jordan consistently worked with me, giving details of what was going to be filmed and planning with my wedding planner of what was going on. During my big day we had unfortunate weather that caused major changes to occur. Jordan was such a trooper and showed me how much he wanted to keep my day special by volunteering a small tent/easy up he had in his car so that I still could have a perfect day. That made me smile! Although we did not have my outdoor wedding, my video still came out perfect with our moment captured on film perfectly! He managed to get all the angles possible in such a small space that we were defined to.

My final results are priceless. I had gotten everything that I expected... Thank you so much once again to Jordan and the Hi Focused crew, you guys did awesome through the rain, shine, and chaos! That's true professionalism and dedication!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2014

Our wedding highlights video was absolutely beautiful. The placement of music and footage together were wonderfully chosen. It was like our wedding was choreographed into a heartwarming work of art. We will forever treasure it!

Christina · Married on 03/09/2014

We recently hired Hi Focused for videography for our 3.9.14 wedding. Planning a wedding from a far can be difficult. Thankful for Yelp, this is how we found Hi Focused. Jordan and his crew did an awesome job and helped make sure I had a stress free day. Throughout the whole process Jordan was sure to stay in contact with me and gave us all the tips to help be prepared for the big day. We are extremely happy we choose Hi Focused and can't wait to see our video!

Aaron · Married on 03/07/2014

My wife and I had our wedding at the Maui Dragon Fruit Farm on March 7th. We had to plan our entire wedding from Seattle and when we decided to hire a videographer, we were fortunate to find Jordan online. Hiring anybody from afar can be nerve-recking but trust us when we say that you are in great hands with Jordan. He was always prompt with our requests and extremely professional. He took a beautiful venue and made it absolutely stunning to see on video. Jordan was very easy to work with and he guided us through his vision and was extremely kind in doing so. Our video arrived promptly and he was flexible with all of our requests for the final product. Our entire family has commented on the professional quality of Jordan's work and we could not agree more. We could not recommend Jordan and HI FOCUSED cinematography enough.

Aaron and Laura Swetnam

• Y

Ying · Married on 02/22/2014

Couples who are considering whether or not to get a cinematographer for their wedding. Stop thinking, just do it, you will truly regret it if you don't. After having Jordan and his assistant Darrell on our wedding, we wish we had booked them from beginning to end.

Having looked at a lot of highlight videos, Hi Focused is, in our opinion, the best on the island, and we are so lucky to have them at our wedding. They knew exactly what to do and where to shoot. They kept us on schedule and pointed out to our wonderful photographer, who was foreign to the island, the best spots for pictures on our venue.

They showed up way early on the day of the wedding and stayed over time. Going above and beyond to get as much as coverage they could get. Mahalo, hazel-eyed Jordan, we can't wait to see the videos!

Jean · Married on 02/16/2014

We looked all over for a good videographer, and fell in love with the samples Jordan had online. We were not disappointed - on the day of, the crew came an hour early to make sure they had sufficient time to set up and get the scenery shots. They knew what they were doing - the process went very smoothly and they worked together well with the photographer such that neither got in each other's way. Most importantly, our highlight reel was awesome (our full video is on its way in the mail) - Jordan was very patient throughout my nit pick requests to edit small things here and there. Overall, I'd strongly recommend these guys - we're so glad they caught our special day on film!

Danny · Married on 02/14/2014

As someone who is incredibly detailed oriented to the point of being OCD it was no easy task to find a videographer. My fiance (now wife) and I watched hundreds of videos by just about every company in Maui. If you spend the same time or even a fraction of time doing due diligence as we did you will find an artistic flavor to Jordan's video. It is this talent that is worth the money and will ultimately result in a wedding memory that will stand up to the test of time.

Jordan, in my opinion, could easily be doing commercials etc but fortunately for us he is in Maui doing what he does. I can tell you that people say pictures are more important than videos but I completely disagree.

Don't take my word for it...do your homework and see what other videographers are like. Then watch Jordan's work and you will know what I am talking about.

One more note...some hotels make you use their recommended videographers. I am sure they are fine but we hired Jordan because he was the best. We jumped through some hoops but it was worth it and Jordan was very accommodating.

Laura · Married on 02/09/2014

I found other videography services online for a lower price but their taste in editing was not what I was looking for. When I found Hi Focused's website, I knew immediately that I had to hire them. I got in contact with Jordan and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was really responsive and took the initiative to reach out to me to finalize the details of everything a week before my wedding. The day of the wedding, he showed up with his assistant and they were both very professional and noninvasive. It was like they weren't even there. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend Hi Focused.

Rebecca · Married on 12/03/2013

If you are reading this, I am sure you are like me about a year ago. I was in search of a videographer and was so glad that I founded Jordan from HiFocused. My husband and I have decided to plan our destination wedding in Maui and knew that videography was one of the things we must have for our wedding. Upon contacting Jordan, I felt that we were in good hands despite the fact that this was all done via email and phone since we were planning this from California. Not only was he flexible and approachable, he was a great communicator and had a lot of experience in videography.

Hiring Jordan to be our videographer was one of the best decisions we made. He did a fabulous job on our video and captured all of the important moments in our highlight clip. Everything blended in beautifully and it was better than what I could have imagined.

If you are planning to get marry in Hawaii, we would highly recommend that you visit his website and contact him because you don't regret it!

• Decker

Felicia · Married on 11/29/2013

My experience with Hi Focused Cinematography was absolutely flawless! Jordan was so easy to deal with and answered any questions or concerns within the same day! His prompt response time was one of the things that made him stand out, along with his amazing portfolio! He was the utmost professional, while remaining friendly and personable. We are pleased beyond words with our wedding video! Jordan has such a unique style and he really got some awesome shots! He was so unobtrusive, I forgot he was even there during the ceremony! He truly created something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I cannot recommend Hi Focus Cinematography enough! If you are trying to capture one of the most important days of your life, don’t trust it with any but Jordan!

Anna · Married on 11/12/2013

When I was doing research in finding a cinematographer, there was many to chose from, but I loved the creativity that Hi Focused had put together for other weddings and I knew they would be a great fit. And I was not wrong. Jordan is very responsive and listened to exactly what we were looking for. He was very easy to work with, very flexible and very informative on what to do, what we should expect and offered recommendations. Our wedding highlight film turned out amazing! I can't stop watching it. Hi Focused did a great job putting it together and I will always refer them for videography. They were able to capture bits and pieces of our wedding and ceremony in a short video and bring me back to the moment it happened. Our wedding and ceremony was all outdoors and Hi Focused was prepared for all weather issues. Loved all the editing and couldn't have asked for more!

Rachelle · Married on 10/26/2013

Our experience with Hi Focused Cinematography was absolutely amazing! When my husband and I got married on Maui in October 2013 we were lucky enough to have Jordan film our wedding day and a golf game on the afternoon before the wedding! I can not speak highly enough of Jordan! He is extremely talented and he is so much fun to work with! His professional approach and attention to detail is second to none! Not only did he capture some incredible moments for us - he did the most amazing editing and produced a film that portrays our day so perfectly! We will never be able to thank Jordan enough for going above and beyond our expectations both on our wedding day and also in the months following! Hi Focused is definitely the best cinematography company in Hawaii!