HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2
  • maiken

maiken · Married on 09/05/2014

I chose Jordan for our September wedding in Maui at the Four Seasons and the Highlight video was beautiful with great aerial video as well of the hotel which was amazing. That was very unexpected and I was truly thankful for that. Jordan was able to capture some wonderful moments throughout the day and helped pick the perfect music for the video. Jordan is very responsive and professional, I he contacted me a few week before the event to go over what I really wanted to do and see in my video. We texted before and after the event and he was always immediate in getting back to me. Great communication. Thanks Jordan and Hi Focused for helping make our day so memorable!!!

Jonathan · Married on 08/30/2014

When me and my wife decided to get married in Maui, I wanted to hire a cinematographer to capture our special day. I researched many cinematography vendors on the island but there was one that stood out among them all. It was Hi Focused Cinematography. When I first got in touch with the owner Jordan, he was very helpful from the get go. Jordan stayed in contact with us all the way up to our wedding day. He took all my suggestions, as well as his own ideas, and implemented them into our final product. On our wedding day, Jordan and his assistant Amber worked and shadowed well with our photographer, whom he had not previously worked with. That just tells you that Jordan can adapt and easily work with others. When me and my wife received the notification from Jordan that our highlight film was posted on Vimeo, we couldn't wait to watch it. Let me tell you, we were in astonishment when we viewed it. It was exactly as advertised...a cinema film. Everything from the HD cameras Jordan and Amber used, to the music implementation, just kept us wanting to watch it over and over again. Our family and friends who couldn't make it out to Maui also loved our film as well. Every one of them told us that they felt like they were in Maui just by watching it. We also received our Blu-Ray copies of the full-length wedding film in the mail in a timely manner. Jordan and Amber captured every moment of our special day from the ceremony to the reception. They covered every gorgeous part of the resort from the ground to the air. It was so perfect that my wife cried twice just watching the full-length film. I have not seen a single negative review for Hi Focused, and that speaks volumes. If you're looking for a company to capture your special day on film, Hi Focused is that company who will work hard to make it special with quality and emotion. Thank you Jordan and Amber. Hi Focused Cinematography truly is the best around!

Sterling · Married on 08/25/2014

My wife and I got married in Summer 2014 and Jordan was our cinematographer. Months before our wedding, Jordan was great at getting to know us and find out what we wanted for our wedding. He was excellent to work with the whole way through. The day of the wedding, Jordan did a fantastic job filming each and every moment of our special day. He got along great with our photographer and they were able to work around each other with ease. I would recommend Jordan and High Focused to anyone getting married in Maui!

Jordan is an exceptionally talented cinematographer! Hi Focused Cinematography produced a beautiful and modern movie for our wedding at the Four Seasons Wailea. As you watch his movies, they give you goose bumps, bring a tear to your eye and make you think…this is what I want. Jordan and his team are extremely professional, very responsive, and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thank you Jordan for capturing what we felt (the excitement, the emotion, the overwhelming love). I watch our video and think 2 things: The first thought, I love every image…I feel like this is a beautiful movie that I want to watch again and again, and the second thought…I wish you could have been there to capture all of our life’s events (graduations…my engagement…the rehearsal dinner, etc…) I am teary eyed even today thinking of our movie. Thank you so much for making our wedding day unforgettable.

Robyn · Married on 08/14/2014

Extremely talented and easy-going guy! At first we were on the fence about hiring a videographer, as they can be quite expensive. Boy, we are SO GLAD that we decided to hire Jordan to capture our special day. NOTHING replaces those moving images, voices, music, the sounds of the waves, that makes you like you are there again and relive that incredible day. Jordan weaved all of those moments together so perfectly and we cannot thank him enough for creating our video that we can watch over and over...and over:) We showed it at our welcome home banquet and all of our guests were thrilled to see it. Some were even crying again!

Jordan is also very down to earth, easy to work with, but most importantly very professional. He always made sure that we were in contact and on the same page. I would highly recommend him to any couple looking for videographer. I wish he lived in LA so I can recommend him to all of my friends who will be getting married!

Catherine · Married on 08/13/2014

We had Hi Focus film our wedding, and we could not be more happy that we did. We started out debating over spending the extra money to have a videographer, after all, weddings are expensive and everything adds up quickly, but we decided to go for it. It's one of the best things we did for our wedding. The day went by so quickly and being able to sit down and watch it back was amazing! There were so many moments that neither of us remembered and watching it, felt like we were reliving it all again. There were also so many moments that we wouldn't have had the opportunity to see if we hadn't had the video, I absolutely loved being able to see my husband to be, getting ready with his groomsmen, my dad and his dad, and seeing his face when he first sees me coming down the isle will never get old! My husband was the one who was really not sure we should spend the money for the video, but now, he's watched it three times in the three months we've been married! We also have family who live far away and were unable to attend, being able to show them the video is great. Everyone who sees it, absolutely loves it! We've had people say that it looks like an add for getting married in Maui, because everything looks so perfect! Jordan was so easy to work with, there was no big camera in your way or people in your face, but somehow he managed to get absolutely everything on film! This video is something we will have and treasure for ever! I actually can't imagine even debating about whether or not to get one done now, I'm soooo glad we did and I'd do it again a hundred times over!!

Lindsey · Married on 08/09/2014

All I can say is WOW...our wedding video by Hi Focused cinematography left my husband and I and anyone who sees it speechless and in tears. We couldn't have imagined it being any better. We've watched our highlight video at least 100 times in the 2 months that we've had it and we both agree that it was the best money we spent at our wedding. Jordan and his assistant were absolutely amazing to have at the wedding and they were completely inconspicuous too, you never even noticed they were shooting which was so nice. Thank you, thank you thank you Hi Focused Cinematography for capturing this memorable day so perfectly. We hope to be able to use you again in the future for another occasion!

Trang · Married on 08/02/2014

In one word - PHENOMENAL!

FInding HI FOCUSED took about 3 months (we got so lucky!) but once we did oh man... I said yes, from the moment I watched the first video on the website! We watched more videos than I care for during our research period but there was something about HI FOCUSED's work that caught my attention from the start... the way that Jordan captures the moments and puts them together makes you feel like you were there the whole time.

HI FOCUSED earns 5 stars in every Wedding Wire category from me. Please read on to see why..

Jordan of HI FOCUSED was our contact person from day one and to this day (3 Months post wedding). He is quick to respond and address your concerns/needs in a timely fashion. I appreciate that he was so willing and flexible on our wedding day (we filmed at two different locations) and with our videos (we made several requests) - not once did he make us feel like we were cumbersome or creating more work for him. I loved that Jordan reached out to us a week before our wedding to review in length what our vision and must have captured special moments are. On our wedding day, he worked his magic behind the rolling cameras without interrupting the flow of the day - thank you, Jordan!

Just to share with you some of the feedback we've received from friends and family:
    ~ "I wasn't going to have a cinematographer but your video has inspired me" says a childhood gal pal getting married in December
    ~ "I'm stealing your video. Can I steal it?" from a male co-worker getting married in November
    ~ "Your wedding video is so good! You should put it on TV" says an 8 years married husband/wife team

Truly, HI FOCUSED comes highly recommended and with my utmost regards. I could not be happier with our selection! And to be quite frank, we look forward to having Jordan of HI FOCUSED Cinematography when we renew our vows in a couple of years!

Caitlin · Married on 07/13/2014

Jordan was a true professional! He contacted us a few weeks before the wedding to go over some details and asked a few questions about what I wanted in our wedding video. Jordan showed up way early to make sure that he had enough time to get all the shots. He introduced himself, chatted for a bit, told me I looked stunning, and then was off to work.

Jordan was fabulous to work with on our wedding day. He had such a warm personality and helped to keep me calm by joking a little bit and keeping everything light. The highlight video that Jordan created made my husband and I look like movie stars. I have been raving about his work ever since our big day! The full length video came in the mail today and it's an hour of footage. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but his work knocked my expectations out of the park! Couldn't have picked a better videographer!!!

Leilani · Married on 07/12/2014

We just recently got married and loved the outcome of our video. We chose to do an engagement video, slideshow, and a same day edit video. The presentation was fabulous and still, we have family and friends still raving at how fantastic our video was.

Jordan is very quick to respond to any e-mails or questions you may have about your video. He met with us on a few occasions to make sure that our vision was met throughout this whole process. He offered us great ideas about our set-up of our ceremony and reception. We even hand picked all of our music that we used in our video.

Our overall experience with HI Focused was beyond our expectations. I even recommend HI Focused to a friend getting married next year! They saw our video at our wedding and loved everything about it.

Thanks for the great experience and cherished memories you captured on our special day.

Matthew and Leilani Yamauchi

Anu · Married on 07/11/2014

During the wedding planning process I asked several of my newlywed friends for some wedding planning advice. Many had the same feedback, their biggest regret was not getting a videographer to document their big day!

After scouring the Internet, asking around, and meeting with several videographers, I decided that I wouldn't go with anyone other than Jordan with Hi Focused. His work was impeccable, not to mention he responded back to emails, text, and phone promptly. Jordan had great feedback and input with our wedding timeline and was such a big help! He and his team were very professional and worked well alongside our photographer and wedding coordinator.

Shortly after our wedding we received our highlight film, feature film (my favorite, this is an absolute must!), and the full length edit. We were blown away at our videos! I can't even describe how amazing they turned out. Jordan and his team are truly talented and their artistic talent shines through their work. We sent the videos to our friends and family who could not be there for our actual wedding and they all were able to feel as though they were actually there!

Thank you Jordan for creating such an amazing keepsake which has allowed us to relive an important chapter in our lives. I can see us watching the video on many future anniversaries to come and I know that we will get that same magical feeling as we do when we watch it now!

Cassie · Married on 07/10/2014

We hired Jordan and his team at Hi Focused for our wedding after falling in love with his style and high quality videos found online. He worked with us to create the perfect package that fit our needs, and even coordinated an additional videographer to film and stream a live feed of our wedding in Maui for those who couldn't attend (at last minute I must add!!). He always responded immediately to all emails/calls and was open to capturing our special day with our personal style in mind. He was professional to work with, and the final product was INCREDIBLE! He made us a highlight film which was posted promptly for all of our friends and family to see (it was so good that all of my friends either immediately regretted not filming their own weddings, or, inspired the ones who had yet to get married to hire a videographer). Needless to stay the highlight film was stunning, professional and absolutely perfect - down to every last detail. He also gave us two DVDs with both the highlight film and all of the raw footage. He also was extremely accommodating in delivering the raw footage on an external hard drive and worked hard to make sure it was compatible with both my dads operating system and editing programs as well as mine. Jordan and his team are THE BEST videographers on Maui and I am so thrilled I was able to hire them for our wedding. Our wedding guests called them the "ninja's" because they were so discrete and unobtrusive that no one noticed them the entire night - yet every important moment was captured!

• Serena

Serena · Married on 07/01/2014

I hired Jordan from Hi Focused to be the videographer for my wedding at Olowalu Plantation house for my July 2014 wedding. I hired Hi Focused because after scouring the internet for days and looking at a ton of different video samples videographers were providing, their video clips, I felt, paid attention to detail in the same way I was. I also noticed that Hi Focused's video clips were flattering to the scenery, the decor, the ceremony, reception, and most importantly, the bride and groom. After hiring Jordan, I found him to be quick with his responses via email, generous with his willingness to answer all of my questions, available to me, and professional.

On the day of the wedding, Jordan was never a nuisance or bother to me, I barely noticed he was there which was what I had wanted. The best part, however, was the video clip as well as the wedding video itself. My wedding video clip has been viewed online by over 50,000 people and every single of those people has had something nice to say about the video and the quality of the video itself. The editing, creative aspects of the shots, the lighting, all of it was beyond my expectations and my expectations were really high! I cannot recommend Jordan or Hi Focused enough. If you want to see the clip from my wedding- just ask him to send you the clip of the Dyer/Pisoni wedding and you will see what I mean!...

Ranzel · Married on 05/17/2014

Our wedding was on May 17 2014. As we all know planning a wedding can be very hectic and stressful. My wife and I cannot thank Jordan and his Hi Focused team enough for the amazing work they did as our videographer. From the first email I sent to inquire about their services to the last one to say thank you I always received the best professional service. We have watched our video and same day edit video several times and it was worth every penny. Having been to several weddings and watched plenty of wedding videos it can be a very hard time to pick a videographer when its your turn, but I encourage any soon to be married couple to look at their website, the different plans, packages and add on options plus all the awards they have won. They have the best prices considering what you get in return and when you compare them with others out there. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this company and how happy we are to have found them. Thank you Hi Focused Cinematography!!!

Traci · Married on 05/02/2014

I highly recommend Jordan as a videographer. He did an outstanding job on our video and always returned emails within 24 hours which made it very convenient for me since I was organizing our wedding from the mainland. No request was too big or too small for him. Jordan was very easy to talk with and the week of the event he arranged a call to talk through the set up and filming. Jordan was very helpful about talking me through what to expect of the officiant and musician, too, since I didn't know them or how the wedding ceremony would go. On the day of the event Jordan arrived early and did an excellent job capturing everything. Within a week he had the highlight video complete and I relied on Jordan to pick the song to accompany it. He did a great job! I highly recommend Jordan to record your event whether its in Hawaii or on the mainland! Thank you, Jordan! Very professional and well filmed!

Jonathan · Married on 04/28/2014

Working with Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography was an absolute dream! Upon looking for a videographer to capture our wedding day, we came across Jordan’s highlight videos through Wedding Wire and his Blog/Website. His attention to detail, unique angles, and dynamic shots set his work apart from the rest. Planning a wedding from the mainland can be quite stressful and reaching out to vendors from afar can be nerve wracking. When I messaged Jordan to inquire if he and his team were available on our wedding day, he responded within a couple hours and set up a phone meeting to get to know us personally. From that first email interaction and conversation over the phone he put us at ease that enabled us to trust him professionally and creatively. He even worked with our budget and guaranteed we would receive our highlight video before our reception back home (three weeks after our wedding in Maui)!

On our wedding day, he showed up early to set up and stuck to our timeline we had worked out a week prior. His calming and laid back attitude allowed us to take a step back and really enjoy our day. We received our highlight video a week after our wedding day while we were on our honeymoon!! We loved that we were able to re-live the whole event shortly after. We told him to pick any song to compliment artistic footage. The song that he surprised us with is actually one of our favorite songs ☺ He didn’t even know we love that song!! The highlight video captured our personalities, our venues, and each special moment flawlessly. Also, the audio from our vows came through really clearly. Honestly, just the highlight video alone was worth the money! He definitely kept his word and had the video completed two weeks before promised. We received the full-length film a week later and were equally impressed. We are so happy and grateful that we found such a professional and talented guy like Jordan! Thank you Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography!

Cheers! Jonathan and Leilani Fu

garvey · Married on 04/26/2014

(We originally wrote this review for Yelp but we wanted to share our wonderful experience here and on the knot too.)

We hired Jordan for our wedding in Maui in May and couldn't be happier with his work!! He was very accommodating and was always available to answer our questions. I was nervous about how our vendors would turn out being from New York and having the wedding all the way in Maui but after working with Hi Focused and seeing our wedding DVD, they really did an exceptional job!

Some things I really appreciated about Jordan:
    - He went out of his way to deliver our raw footages to our hotel the day after the wedding. This was so nice because we were able to view parts of the wedding that we missed right away.
    - He under promised and over delivered. We received our wedding DVD a month earlier than we expected.
    - He followed up after he sent the DVD to make sure we received it.
    - I had had a lot of detail questions for him and he took the time to answer every single one of them. I read somewhere to incorporate all of that into the contact like what type of equipment he used and how many (he probably thought I was crazy but I was super nervous and wanted everything spelled out in there haha). He actually followed up with me a few months before the wedding to let me know that he upgraded his equipment so it was different than what was specified in the contract!
    -Speaking of contracts, they do require meals for the team if you hire them for more than a few hours. That was specified in their document so there are no surprises at all.

I highly recommend them!

Kimberly · Married on 04/16/2014

My husband and I are so happy with the job Jordan with Hi Focused did, we would recommend him to anyone. He did an amazing job! I felt very confident in Jordan, and knew that our wedding memory would be in good hands, after all, all you have left after the wedding day is your photos and video!!!

Mark · Married on 04/15/2014

My partner and I chose Jordan and HI Focused due to the very professional nature of the samples from their website and how they explained their process. As a same sex couple we were very pleased with the way Jordan kept us at ease and focused on producing the best video we could have asked for. The attention to detail shown on the set up and shots at the Fairmont Kea Lani as well as at Gannon's for the ceremony and dinner afterwards captured everything we wanted, including the casual dress down for dinner. We also worked to find just the right music to accompany the video and Jordan's final product reflected the exact feelings we wanted to have expressed when viewing the video.

Hi Focused Cinematography was a wonderful company to work with. From the beginning their weddings clips instantly grabbed my attention due to it being unique and individualized compared to other companies. Jordan consistently worked with me, giving details of what was going to be filmed and planning with my wedding planner of what was going on. During my big day we had unfortunate weather that caused major changes to occur. Jordan was such a trooper and showed me how much he wanted to keep my day special by volunteering a small tent/easy up he had in his car so that I still could have a perfect day. That made me smile! Although we did not have my outdoor wedding, my video still came out perfect with our moment captured on film perfectly! He managed to get all the angles possible in such a small space that we were defined to.

My final results are priceless. I had gotten everything that I expected... Thank you so much once again to Jordan and the Hi Focused crew, you guys did awesome through the rain, shine, and chaos! That's true professionalism and dedication!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2014

Our wedding highlights video was absolutely beautiful. The placement of music and footage together were wonderfully chosen. It was like our wedding was choreographed into a heartwarming work of art. We will forever treasure it!

Christina · Married on 03/09/2014

We recently hired Hi Focused for videography for our 3.9.14 wedding. Planning a wedding from a far can be difficult. Thankful for Yelp, this is how we found Hi Focused. Jordan and his crew did an awesome job and helped make sure I had a stress free day. Throughout the whole process Jordan was sure to stay in contact with me and gave us all the tips to help be prepared for the big day. We are extremely happy we choose Hi Focused and can't wait to see our video!

Aaron · Married on 03/07/2014

My wife and I had our wedding at the Maui Dragon Fruit Farm on March 7th. We had to plan our entire wedding from Seattle and when we decided to hire a videographer, we were fortunate to find Jordan online. Hiring anybody from afar can be nerve-recking but trust us when we say that you are in great hands with Jordan. He was always prompt with our requests and extremely professional. He took a beautiful venue and made it absolutely stunning to see on video. Jordan was very easy to work with and he guided us through his vision and was extremely kind in doing so. Our video arrived promptly and he was flexible with all of our requests for the final product. Our entire family has commented on the professional quality of Jordan's work and we could not agree more. We could not recommend Jordan and HI FOCUSED cinematography enough.

Aaron and Laura Swetnam

• Y

Ying · Married on 02/22/2014

Couples who are considering whether or not to get a cinematographer for their wedding. Stop thinking, just do it, you will truly regret it if you don't. After having Jordan and his assistant Darrell on our wedding, we wish we had booked them from beginning to end.

Having looked at a lot of highlight videos, Hi Focused is, in our opinion, the best on the island, and we are so lucky to have them at our wedding. They knew exactly what to do and where to shoot. They kept us on schedule and pointed out to our wonderful photographer, who was foreign to the island, the best spots for pictures on our venue.

They showed up way early on the day of the wedding and stayed over time. Going above and beyond to get as much as coverage they could get. Mahalo, hazel-eyed Jordan, we can't wait to see the videos!

Jean · Married on 02/16/2014

We looked all over for a good videographer, and fell in love with the samples Jordan had online. We were not disappointed - on the day of, the crew came an hour early to make sure they had sufficient time to set up and get the scenery shots. They knew what they were doing - the process went very smoothly and they worked together well with the photographer such that neither got in each other's way. Most importantly, our highlight reel was awesome (our full video is on its way in the mail) - Jordan was very patient throughout my nit pick requests to edit small things here and there. Overall, I'd strongly recommend these guys - we're so glad they caught our special day on film!