HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

177 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

177 HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 07/01/2014

I hired Jordan from Hi Focused to be the videographer for my wedding at Olowalu Plantation house for my July 2014 wedding. I hired Hi Focused because after scouring the internet for days and looking at a ton of different video samples videographers were providing, their video clips, I felt, paid attention to detail in the same way I was. I also noticed that Hi Focused's video clips were flattering to the scenery, the decor, the ceremony, reception, and most importantly, the bride and groom. After hiring Jordan, I found him to be quick with his responses via email, generous with his willingness to answer all of my questions, available to me, and professional.

On the day of the wedding, Jordan was never a nuisance or bother to me, I barely noticed he was there which was what I had wanted. The best part, however, was the video clip as well as the wedding video itself. My wedding video clip has been viewed online by over 50,000 people and every single of those people has had something nice to say about the video and the quality of the video itself. The editing, creative aspects of the shots, the lighting, all of it was beyond my expectations and my expectations were really high! I cannot recommend Jordan or Hi Focused enough. If you want to see the clip from my wedding- just ask him to send you the clip of the Dyer/Pisoni wedding and you will see what I mean!...

Ranzel · Married on 05/17/2014

Our wedding was on May 17 2014. As we all know planning a wedding can be very hectic and stressful. My wife and I cannot thank Jordan and his Hi Focused team enough for the amazing work they did as our videographer. From the first email I sent to inquire about their services to the last one to say thank you I always received the best professional service. We have watched our video and same day edit video several times and it was worth every penny. Having been to several weddings and watched plenty of wedding videos it can be a very hard time to pick a videographer when its your turn, but I encourage any soon to be married couple to look at their website, the different plans, packages and add on options plus all the awards they have won. They have the best prices considering what you get in return and when you compare them with others out there. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this company and how happy we are to have found them. Thank you Hi Focused Cinematography!!!

Traci · Married on 05/02/2014

I highly recommend Jordan as a videographer. He did an outstanding job on our video and always returned emails within 24 hours which made it very convenient for me since I was organizing our wedding from the mainland. No request was too big or too small for him. Jordan was very easy to talk with and the week of the event he arranged a call to talk through the set up and filming. Jordan was very helpful about talking me through what to expect of the officiant and musician, too, since I didn't know them or how the wedding ceremony would go. On the day of the event Jordan arrived early and did an excellent job capturing everything. Within a week he had the highlight video complete and I relied on Jordan to pick the song to accompany it. He did a great job! I highly recommend Jordan to record your event whether its in Hawaii or on the mainland! Thank you, Jordan! Very professional and well filmed!

Jonathan · Married on 04/28/2014

Working with Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography was an absolute dream! Upon looking for a videographer to capture our wedding day, we came across Jordan’s highlight videos through Wedding Wire and his Blog/Website. His attention to detail, unique angles, and dynamic shots set his work apart from the rest. Planning a wedding from the mainland can be quite stressful and reaching out to vendors from afar can be nerve wracking. When I messaged Jordan to inquire if he and his team were available on our wedding day, he responded within a couple hours and set up a phone meeting to get to know us personally. From that first email interaction and conversation over the phone he put us at ease that enabled us to trust him professionally and creatively. He even worked with our budget and guaranteed we would receive our highlight video before our reception back home (three weeks after our wedding in Maui)!

On our wedding day, he showed up early to set up and stuck to our timeline we had worked out a week prior. His calming and laid back attitude allowed us to take a step back and really enjoy our day. We received our highlight video a week after our wedding day while we were on our honeymoon!! We loved that we were able to re-live the whole event shortly after. We told him to pick any song to compliment artistic footage. The song that he surprised us with is actually one of our favorite songs ☺ He didn’t even know we love that song!! The highlight video captured our personalities, our venues, and each special moment flawlessly. Also, the audio from our vows came through really clearly. Honestly, just the highlight video alone was worth the money! He definitely kept his word and had the video completed two weeks before promised. We received the full-length film a week later and were equally impressed. We are so happy and grateful that we found such a professional and talented guy like Jordan! Thank you Jordan and Hi Focused Cinematography!

Cheers! Jonathan and Leilani Fu

garvey · Married on 04/26/2014

(We originally wrote this review for Yelp but we wanted to share our wonderful experience here and on the knot too.)

We hired Jordan for our wedding in Maui in May and couldn't be happier with his work!! He was very accommodating and was always available to answer our questions. I was nervous about how our vendors would turn out being from New York and having the wedding all the way in Maui but after working with Hi Focused and seeing our wedding DVD, they really did an exceptional job!

Some things I really appreciated about Jordan:
    - He went out of his way to deliver our raw footages to our hotel the day after the wedding. This was so nice because we were able to view parts of the wedding that we missed right away.
    - He under promised and over delivered. We received our wedding DVD a month earlier than we expected.
    - He followed up after he sent the DVD to make sure we received it.
    - I had had a lot of detail questions for him and he took the time to answer every single one of them. I read somewhere to incorporate all of that into the contact like what type of equipment he used and how many (he probably thought I was crazy but I was super nervous and wanted everything spelled out in there haha). He actually followed up with me a few months before the wedding to let me know that he upgraded his equipment so it was different than what was specified in the contract!
    -Speaking of contracts, they do require meals for the team if you hire them for more than a few hours. That was specified in their document so there are no surprises at all.

I highly recommend them!

Kimberly · Married on 04/16/2014

My husband and I are so happy with the job Jordan with Hi Focused did, we would recommend him to anyone. He did an amazing job! I felt very confident in Jordan, and knew that our wedding memory would be in good hands, after all, all you have left after the wedding day is your photos and video!!!

Mark · Married on 04/15/2014

My partner and I chose Jordan and HI Focused due to the very professional nature of the samples from their website and how they explained their process. As a same sex couple we were very pleased with the way Jordan kept us at ease and focused on producing the best video we could have asked for. The attention to detail shown on the set up and shots at the Fairmont Kea Lani as well as at Gannon's for the ceremony and dinner afterwards captured everything we wanted, including the casual dress down for dinner. We also worked to find just the right music to accompany the video and Jordan's final product reflected the exact feelings we wanted to have expressed when viewing the video.

Hi Focused Cinematography was a wonderful company to work with. From the beginning their weddings clips instantly grabbed my attention due to it being unique and individualized compared to other companies. Jordan consistently worked with me, giving details of what was going to be filmed and planning with my wedding planner of what was going on. During my big day we had unfortunate weather that caused major changes to occur. Jordan was such a trooper and showed me how much he wanted to keep my day special by volunteering a small tent/easy up he had in his car so that I still could have a perfect day. That made me smile! Although we did not have my outdoor wedding, my video still came out perfect with our moment captured on film perfectly! He managed to get all the angles possible in such a small space that we were defined to.

My final results are priceless. I had gotten everything that I expected... Thank you so much once again to Jordan and the Hi Focused crew, you guys did awesome through the rain, shine, and chaos! That's true professionalism and dedication!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2014

Our wedding highlights video was absolutely beautiful. The placement of music and footage together were wonderfully chosen. It was like our wedding was choreographed into a heartwarming work of art. We will forever treasure it!

Christina · Married on 03/09/2014

We recently hired Hi Focused for videography for our 3.9.14 wedding. Planning a wedding from a far can be difficult. Thankful for Yelp, this is how we found Hi Focused. Jordan and his crew did an awesome job and helped make sure I had a stress free day. Throughout the whole process Jordan was sure to stay in contact with me and gave us all the tips to help be prepared for the big day. We are extremely happy we choose Hi Focused and can't wait to see our video!

Aaron · Married on 03/07/2014

My wife and I had our wedding at the Maui Dragon Fruit Farm on March 7th. We had to plan our entire wedding from Seattle and when we decided to hire a videographer, we were fortunate to find Jordan online. Hiring anybody from afar can be nerve-recking but trust us when we say that you are in great hands with Jordan. He was always prompt with our requests and extremely professional. He took a beautiful venue and made it absolutely stunning to see on video. Jordan was very easy to work with and he guided us through his vision and was extremely kind in doing so. Our video arrived promptly and he was flexible with all of our requests for the final product. Our entire family has commented on the professional quality of Jordan's work and we could not agree more. We could not recommend Jordan and HI FOCUSED cinematography enough.

Aaron and Laura Swetnam

• Y

Ying · Married on 02/22/2014

Couples who are considering whether or not to get a cinematographer for their wedding. Stop thinking, just do it, you will truly regret it if you don't. After having Jordan and his assistant Darrell on our wedding, we wish we had booked them from beginning to end.

Having looked at a lot of highlight videos, Hi Focused is, in our opinion, the best on the island, and we are so lucky to have them at our wedding. They knew exactly what to do and where to shoot. They kept us on schedule and pointed out to our wonderful photographer, who was foreign to the island, the best spots for pictures on our venue.

They showed up way early on the day of the wedding and stayed over time. Going above and beyond to get as much as coverage they could get. Mahalo, hazel-eyed Jordan, we can't wait to see the videos!

Jean · Married on 02/16/2014

We looked all over for a good videographer, and fell in love with the samples Jordan had online. We were not disappointed - on the day of, the crew came an hour early to make sure they had sufficient time to set up and get the scenery shots. They knew what they were doing - the process went very smoothly and they worked together well with the photographer such that neither got in each other's way. Most importantly, our highlight reel was awesome (our full video is on its way in the mail) - Jordan was very patient throughout my nit pick requests to edit small things here and there. Overall, I'd strongly recommend these guys - we're so glad they caught our special day on film!

Danny · Married on 02/14/2014

As someone who is incredibly detailed oriented to the point of being OCD it was no easy task to find a videographer. My fiance (now wife) and I watched hundreds of videos by just about every company in Maui. If you spend the same time or even a fraction of time doing due diligence as we did you will find an artistic flavor to Jordan's video. It is this talent that is worth the money and will ultimately result in a wedding memory that will stand up to the test of time.

Jordan, in my opinion, could easily be doing commercials etc but fortunately for us he is in Maui doing what he does. I can tell you that people say pictures are more important than videos but I completely disagree.

Don't take my word for it...do your homework and see what other videographers are like. Then watch Jordan's work and you will know what I am talking about.

One more note...some hotels make you use their recommended videographers. I am sure they are fine but we hired Jordan because he was the best. We jumped through some hoops but it was worth it and Jordan was very accommodating.

Laura · Married on 02/09/2014

I found other videography services online for a lower price but their taste in editing was not what I was looking for. When I found Hi Focused's website, I knew immediately that I had to hire them. I got in contact with Jordan and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was really responsive and took the initiative to reach out to me to finalize the details of everything a week before my wedding. The day of the wedding, he showed up with his assistant and they were both very professional and noninvasive. It was like they weren't even there. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend Hi Focused.

Rebecca · Married on 12/03/2013

If you are reading this, I am sure you are like me about a year ago. I was in search of a videographer and was so glad that I founded Jordan from HiFocused. My husband and I have decided to plan our destination wedding in Maui and knew that videography was one of the things we must have for our wedding. Upon contacting Jordan, I felt that we were in good hands despite the fact that this was all done via email and phone since we were planning this from California. Not only was he flexible and approachable, he was a great communicator and had a lot of experience in videography.

Hiring Jordan to be our videographer was one of the best decisions we made. He did a fabulous job on our video and captured all of the important moments in our highlight clip. Everything blended in beautifully and it was better than what I could have imagined.

If you are planning to get marry in Hawaii, we would highly recommend that you visit his website and contact him because you don't regret it!

• Decker

Felicia · Married on 11/29/2013

My experience with Hi Focused Cinematography was absolutely flawless! Jordan was so easy to deal with and answered any questions or concerns within the same day! His prompt response time was one of the things that made him stand out, along with his amazing portfolio! He was the utmost professional, while remaining friendly and personable. We are pleased beyond words with our wedding video! Jordan has such a unique style and he really got some awesome shots! He was so unobtrusive, I forgot he was even there during the ceremony! He truly created something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I cannot recommend Hi Focus Cinematography enough! If you are trying to capture one of the most important days of your life, don’t trust it with any but Jordan!

Anna · Married on 11/12/2013

When I was doing research in finding a cinematographer, there was many to chose from, but I loved the creativity that Hi Focused had put together for other weddings and I knew they would be a great fit. And I was not wrong. Jordan is very responsive and listened to exactly what we were looking for. He was very easy to work with, very flexible and very informative on what to do, what we should expect and offered recommendations. Our wedding highlight film turned out amazing! I can't stop watching it. Hi Focused did a great job putting it together and I will always refer them for videography. They were able to capture bits and pieces of our wedding and ceremony in a short video and bring me back to the moment it happened. Our wedding and ceremony was all outdoors and Hi Focused was prepared for all weather issues. Loved all the editing and couldn't have asked for more!

Rachelle · Married on 10/26/2013

Our experience with Hi Focused Cinematography was absolutely amazing! When my husband and I got married on Maui in October 2013 we were lucky enough to have Jordan film our wedding day and a golf game on the afternoon before the wedding! I can not speak highly enough of Jordan! He is extremely talented and he is so much fun to work with! His professional approach and attention to detail is second to none! Not only did he capture some incredible moments for us - he did the most amazing editing and produced a film that portrays our day so perfectly! We will never be able to thank Jordan enough for going above and beyond our expectations both on our wedding day and also in the months following! Hi Focused is definitely the best cinematography company in Hawaii!

L · Married on 10/05/2013

Jordan did an amazing job capturing every special moment of my wedding and ceremony! His attention to detail is unmatched !

catNart · Married on 09/18/2013

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Jordan and his team was amazing. There was so much going on getting ready between the bridal parties and the other vendors, and they were very flexible and willing to coordinate with my other vendors and guests well. I felt very comfortable in front of the camera and with their direction/help. I just felt like they were so great to work with.

Now to the product, I knew I always wanted a SDE, and I researched ALOT of videographers and as soon as I saw their videos I knew it they had the style I liked. All the guests LOVED the SDE, we didn't tell anyone about it, until they played it at the wedding. The guests were so surprised, they still talk about it now.

If you're looking for a videography team that is great to work with on your wedding day, that deliver great quality work in cinematography, pick Hi Focused. They are great!

Where do we begin! WE hired Hi Focused for our wedding and dinner reception in August of 2013. Our wedding planner gave us a few options for videographers and without a doubt Hi Focused stood out to us! We had a phone conversation with them prior to our wedding day - my husband and I are from Vancouver, so working with a vendor without actually meeting them in person prior to the wedding day was a bit scary but after our phone conversation, all our stress was gone. We gave them a brief idea of what the wedding day and reception night would look like - & stressed the importance of what we wanted captured! Meeting them, they were very professional, always had smiles on their faces & were very fun to work with. After seeing everything that was captured in our feature film - we was beyond satisfied!! They captured everything - from all the little details (stationary, décor, food) to all the intimate moments. My husband and I had so many different emotions while watching our film, happy one moment and crying with tears of joy another moment. Hiring Hi Focused was one of the best decisions we made - we now have a GORGEOUS film that will take us back to our wedding day! I would recommend Hi Focused anytime - they are everything & MORE!

Love,

Kiran & Perdeep

Kari · Married on 08/09/2013

Jordan is absolutely amazing! I came across his work while I was researching a venue for my wedding. I was obsessed. I LOVE the video he created for me and I've probably watched the highlight video easily 100 times. Jordan was very professional and organized. He was friendly and easy to work with. I highly recommend him. He is a true perfectionist and it shows in his videos.

Melanie&Patrick · Married on 08/08/2013

Mahalo, Jordan! We cannot thank you enough for capturing all the special moments of our day!

To all future brides and grooms, do not hesitate to contact Jordan and his team for your cinematography needs. They are so great to work with. Jordan responds quickly to emails and phone calls; he made planning our Maui wedding (we currently live in California) that much easier. They worked side by side with our photography team from California to make sure all the still and moving images were perfect.

Everytime my husband and I watch the DVD, it brings tears to our eyes. Thank you again!!

I don't know where to start...

We eloped and had many changes during my trying to put our wedding together. I thought for sure I was driving Jordan at Hi Focused mad but, no, he was completely understanding and patient with us. We even had some fun ideas for our video which required him to travel with us a bit and he was totally on-board.

I truly feel like we got great service and a quality product. We love our video!!

Jordan went out of his way to be accessible, addressing any concerns we had, at all times.
    He was incredibly easy-going and made us feel comfortable with the whole process.
    I really appreciated that he also got to our event early, making sure he didn't run late due to any unforeseen traffic.

I felt that through our entire process, even after we paid him, the customer service did not drop there...any questions I have had, he has made himself available. He's very responsive.

I initially was a tad uncomfortable with someone following me around with a camera, as I can be really shy and awkward behind one. Naturally, that didn't change overnight but I he was warm and unobtrusive - leaving me to feel more at ease.

At the end of the day, what really stood out to me, above all else was a genuine eagerness to make sure he covered all the things that were important to us. If you are looking for a company with integrity that stands behind it's work, this is it!

I would highly recommend Hi Focused!
    THANK YOU Jordan!