HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

189 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2

Kimberly · Married on 09/09/2017

If I could give HiFocused 10 stars... I would give them 11! That’s how happy and pleased we were with them. My husband and I actually hired a completely different videographer months before and once I saw Jordan’s Work, I knew right away we needed to make a switch. Do yourself a favor and trust me. HIRE THEM! They are the best and most professional team I’ve worked with during the wedding planning process. Jordan was very responsive before the wedding, even making it a point to get to know us as a couple before the big day. The day of, they worked with my other vendors perfectly. The thing is, they are highly experienced and have been around for a long time, so they know how to work well with everyone else in the business. I even forgot they were there on the big day! We were able to completely enjoy ourselves. Our video was the best. HiFocused captured every single moment so perfectly. If you are looking for the best videographers in Hawaii... look no further! Hire HiFocusd!

Sent on 12/12/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow!!! Thank you so much I really really appreciate the kind words!!!
    That means so much! You made my day by writing such kind words about your experience with us!!! Thank you so much for having us!! Your wedding day was awesome and working you two was a pleasure!

Tinlee · Married on 09/03/2017

Jordan and his team are the most professional vendors we worked with in the wedding industry . It starts upfront before you even decide to book them, they will answer any questions you have and we loved that they had so many examples of their work available online. Once you decide to book them, they are extremely detail oriented. Making sure they know all the details of your wedding, what's important to you, what details you'd like captured and even your music preferences etc. they're great at capturing all the details of your day with you barely noticing that they're present. He met with us several times beforehand to make sure he knew what we wanted. Finally, we got our videos fast and Jordan made sure we were happy with his work before sending us the final videos and raw footage - all on a hard drive. He's so flexible with all your needs - even sending us raw footage of our dance to show some folks before the editing process was completed. Our friends and family loved the video and it really captured the spirit of the day. He was one of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 12/23/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Awesome I love them so much thank you thank you thank you!!! I really appreciate that I lot!
    It was so good working with you two as well!
    Take care and all the best!

Justine · Married on 07/17/2017

Jordan and the HiFocused team are AMAZING!! While looking for a cinematographer, going through everyone's YouTube and Vimeo, we kept going to back to Jordan's videos and we HAD to have the HiFocused team capture our special day! We booked Jordan and his team February 2016 for July 2017 wedding, he was one of the first vendors we booked after booking our venue at the Royal Lahaina.

Before the wedding, we talked to Jordan on the phone to ensure he captured everything we wanted. He recommended changing our timeline for the wedding to ensure he captured everything and coordinated it with our wedding planner.

The day of the wedding, Jordan and the HiFocused team were great to work with; they were fun and easy to work with. They also worked close with our photographer, Jessica Pearl, to ensure both didn't get in the way of each other and to ensure they got the same shots.

Two weeks after the wedding, I receive an email from Jordan with the link of our video! AND WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Words cannot describe how in awe we were when we first watched our video. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about the video and they all expressed how the also LOVE the video.

I highly recommend Jordan to capture your special day; you will not be disappointed! Jordan and the HiFocused team really captured "us" and our love for each other in the video and highlighted it.

Huge Mahalo to Jordan and the HiFoucsed team!

-Justine & Justin

Sent on 08/14/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It was a pleasure being your wedding videographer thanks again for writing this!
    Mahalo and all the best guys! Thank you! Congratulations!

Monica · Married on 07/15/2017

Jordan came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator at the Ritz Carlton, and we booked him immediately looking though his work and amazing drone footage. Well before our wedding day, Jordan went through every step of the process with us, and really made sure that he understood what was important for us to capture on video. My husband and I are not used to being in front of the camera, but Jordan and his team were so attentive and immediately made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. They were professional and accomodating, and captured everything that we wanted in our wedding footage and more. We were so impressed by the quality of our wedding video- it captured the moments accurately without feeling too overproduced- they definitely nailed it! And of course, the hi def drone footage was breathtaking and so cool to see! If you can, definitely go with Jordan and his team- I promise that you won't regret it. Thank you, Jordan and the HiFocused team!

Sent on 10/17/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with us!!!
    This is awesome!!! It was great shooting your wedding day! All the best!

Shayna · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I are so pleased to have worked with Hi Focused for our wedding video. They were professional, accommodating and easy to work with. We are beyond happy with our video - it's done perfectly from the music to the editing and has a very modern feel. It captured all of our best moments. We cannot stop watching the video and would recommend HI Focused to anyone in search of perfect cinematography. The Hi Focused team is the best!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! It was our pleasure!

AK · Married on 06/28/2017

Our search for a cinematographer began a year before our big day on June 28 2017 at Gannon's in Wailea. After reviewing all other companies wedding videos in Maui, it was clear that HiFocused was the number one choice for us to shoot our video.

Email communications were great from the beginning when we inquired about Jordan's services. As we got closer to the date Jordan recommended some changes to the proposed timeline to try to fit all of our requested shots.

On that day Jordan and his team showed up early to our condo unit. They were easy and fun to work with. At the ceremony site, they worked well with Cheynice of Karma Hill Photography and not getting in each other's way (as they also worked with each other before).

In just 2 weeks after the wedding, Jordan sent a link to our completed Wedding video!! The composition, music, highlights of tea ceremony, cake cutting, sunset beach video, drone videos and the ceremony were all amazing. We showed the video at our banquet a month later back home and all of our friends and family loved it!

If you are marrying in Hawaii (especially in Maui), we highly recommend HiFocused as your cinematographer.

Mahalo,

Angel and Kenneth

Sent on 08/01/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for such kind words!!! It was our pleasure shooting your wedding day!
    Mahalo and all the best in the future!

AQ · Married on 06/23/2017

My wife and I decided to elope to Maui and our parents wanted a video to capture “our day”. Hi focused did that to the fullest extent and even beyond what we thought could be captured. Everyone of our friends and family said they felt like they were watching our movie! They were very professional and very detailed i. Order to get all the shots to make the perfect video. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Saren · Married on 05/31/2017

Chris and I were so excited that we were able to work with HiFocused. Jordan was professional and prompt with communication. He made it easy to ask questions and exchange information through email, which was great because of the time difference.
    On the day of the HiFocused team was amazing. They were really easy going and did a great job with a pretty rowdy group, which is exactly what we wanted.
    The finished film is out of this world, we are so incredibly impressed with how it came out. My heart feels so full knowing we have our day preserved in such a breathtaking way that we can look back and enjoy for years to come!

Mahalo Jordan, Amber and Willard!

With best wishes,

Sae and Chris (May 31, 2017)

Sent on 08/22/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the great review!
    I'm glad you really liked your wedding film and experience working with us!
    Mahalo and all the best guys!

Katrina · Married on 05/27/2017

As soon as my husband and I decided on Maui I googled Maui Videographers and came across Jordan and the Hi Focused website. I was thrilled when the Hyatt presented them as a preferred vendor in the wedding planning guide! After convincing my husband that Jordan’s footage was some of the best I had seen and this would be completely worth it; I contacted Jordan to book him and it was one of the best decisions we made. Jordan was very communicative with us through emails and phone calls while we worked out details. We had a call with him a few days before where he reviewed details of our wedding day and provided us with his professional advice on what would work best for our schedule and location.

Jordan completely blew me away on the day of the wedding. He and his team arrived early and ready to work almost immediately. Jordan was really great with our photographer team and was great at communicating what he was doing and why. He helped put me at ease and his team really helped ease my husband’s stage fright. Every shot was well thought out and coordinated and the footage was amazing! We booked the team for 4 hours and we stayed right on track the entire time – in large part due to Jordan and his team.

We fell in love with our wedding trailer! And we just received our documentary footage and raw footage package this week. The packaging was secure and very nice looking as well! We loved loved loved our wedding video!

Thank you so much Jordan!

Sent on 07/27/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It really means a lot that you set a side the time to write such great things about your experience! It was our pleasure too! Mahalo and congratulations!!

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Jordan is so much more than a standard wedding videographer, he's extremely talented and has an eye to capture the emotion of your big day. Jordan and his team filmed our wedding on May 5, 2017 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our wedding planner highly recommended him and she nailed it. We had a few emails and a phone call before our big day. Jordan is extremely detailed and organized. He caught a few things in the schedule that we tweaked due to his feedback. My husband is a pilot and saw that Jordan does drone footage so that alone sold him. Jordon is very personable and a nice guy. On the day of the big event, Jordan and his team were on time and were fun to film with. The day went perfectly. He knew the property very well and kept us moving to capture the best lighting. His drone footage was Jaw dropping especially at the end on Lava point.

After 3 weeks, Jordan emailed us the link to view our video. The music selection, shots, voiceovers, scenery, and aerial coverage were perfection! We both had tears watching it and my husband never gets emotional. I've shared our wedding video to many friends and family that weren't able to attend our wedding since it was a small destination wedding. Everyone always says this is unlike any wedding video they've ever seen and we usually always get tears ;). I love how he cuts it to be 7 minutes so it makes it easier to share with friends. He does give you the all the raw footage that you and your parents would want to see.

Many of our friends over the years decided against hiring a videographer and afterwards every single one of them regretted it. Your wedding is one the most important and expensive day of your life, after it's over all you have is the video and photos. And the video is so much more personal. Select Jordan to film your once in a lifetime moment, I promise you will not regret it. We can't thank Jordan and his team enough. Mahalo ~Michelle & Keith

Sent on 07/22/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I love this! Your wedding day was amazing and it was great being the team to capture all your great moments! Thank you again for having us and taking the time to write this!

Arjun · Married on 04/29/2017

When you have your wedding you hope for two things: the perfect wedding day and the most beautiful videos and photos to help you relive that experience. My wife and I were excited to be able to have HiFocused film our wedding. We had seen sample videos from so many vendors online, but found ourselves constantly coming back to their work. Their videos make you feel as if you're watching a cinematic movie. Despite the intermittent heavy rains that we had on our wedding day we felt like we had our perfect wedding, but we were also a bit nervous about how everything would look on film given the weather. I have to say, though, that my wife and I were stunned by how amazing our wedding film turned out. Jordan and the HiFocused team were wonderful to work with. They were kind, patient, and accommodating. You can tell by working with them that they are thinking about every detail, every angle and how to perfectly capture every moment. The final product shows that attentiveness and care. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. If we had to go back in time and do our wedding over again I can confidently say we'd still choose HiFocused as our videographer without a second thought.

Sent on 09/13/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for such kind words!!! It was our pleasure shooting your wedding day!
    Mahalo and all the best in the future!

Brittani · Married on 04/28/2017

Jordan and his team were absolutely wonderful. Their presence was felt but not overwhelming during the day and esp during the ceremony, the video is absolutely stunning and something my husband and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. If videography is even just a tiny thought in your mind I say GO FOR IT, and GO with Jordan and his team, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Meg · Married on 03/30/2017

Jordan and his team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They are extremely professional, friendly, and creative. Our video is an absolute gem; during the wedding planning process, we knew we'd want a videographer, but Jordan and his team brings "videography" to an entirely different level. We'll treasure it for years to come. Thank you, Jordan and team!!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It was great shooting your wedding day! I'm so glad you had such a great experience with us!!! Take care and all the best in your future!

• Tasha

Tasha · Married on 03/04/2017

Jordan and his team deserve 6 stars if that was an option :) First of all, Jordan is extremely talented and uses amazing drone technology that helps to make the videos extremely personable and allows you to feel like you were there and felt the breeze from ocean/saw thesurroundings, etc (you can check out the samples on his website of his work, which you will fall in love with). This was one of the biggest reasons we hired him, since not all of our family was able to make it all the way to Maui from CA and Europe we wanted them to feel like they didn't miss out. Additionally, Jordan and team were extremely professional, and were able to capture all the special moment but not make us feel like we had someone with a camera in our face all day ;) Also, Jordan helped to give us our wedding video within 20 days of our wedding (most would have taken a few months) and allowed us to quickly share it online - and sent us a beautiful wooden box/flash drive with our wedding film and full days coverage on a flash drive. Again, highly recommend to anyone that would like to hire a Cinematographer!

Sent on 04/07/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the kind and awesome review of us! I really appreciate you doing this! It really helps HI FOCUSED and future clients picking us.
    Thank you again for having us shoot your EPIC day! :)

Rina · Married on 01/21/2017

Having HIFocused Cinematography capture our wedding day was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Please do yourself a favor, and don’t look any further. Their work alone speaks for itself.

I went through over 10+ videographers on the Big Island, and none of them offered what we wanted. Being a videographer myself in real estate, I had extremely high expectations. I finally came across HIFocused and NEEDED to have them capture our wedding. Though Jordan and the team are based in Maui, they flew down to the Big Island to join us on our special day. I’ll be honest… this was a huge investment for us, but it was the best investment we ever made! Their work is AMAZING!!! Our trailer and feature film blew us away! So STUNNING! We can’t and won’t stop re-playing them. We are saving to watch our extended documentary for our first anniversary. Jordan is VERY professional and talented. He is very responsive to your texts/emails/concerns. He and the team have so much creativity and passion. Jordan takes his craft very seriously, but they definitely made us feel comfortable during our wedding day. Even after the wedding, we had so many editing requests, and Jordan accommodated EVERY request we made and delivered our films earlier than expected. To have such a beautifully crafted film to look back on for years and to share with our family is truly priceless. Their work is ART. And to mention, we have all the raw footage they captured. Very few creatives give away raw footage to their clients. This just attests to how good Jordan and the team are. They exceeded our expectations. Please… if you are looking for high-quality, cinematic, inspiring video work produced by a highly-professional and passionate team, let HIFocused capture your wedding day. HIFocused Cinematography will certainly deliver!

Sent on 03/29/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Shooting your day was AMAZING and our pleasure too!!! I'm so thrilled with how your day went and your films came out! Thank you again for having us and writing such a thorough and heartfelt review! I really appreciate it! Congratulations!

Brittany · Married on 12/20/2016

Jordan and his team were absolutely amazing!! My wedding video they made was PERFECT!!! They captured everything I asked for and then some. The day of my wedding they were very punctual and worked very hard to make sure every shot was perfect. Jordan and I discussed the day before the wedding everything I wanted to capture and they did just that. After I received my video in the mail I realized that there were two specific clips that I wanted added into it. I asked Jordan if it was possible to still add them in and said "absolutely" without hesitation. He revised my video and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels like I'm watching a movie! This is what I realized when reviewing company's videos when I was choosing my videographer. When I watched other company's wedding videos, I felt like I was watching a documentary. But watching Hi Focused videos, I felt like I was watching a movie. The videos are of the highest quality and just overall amazing! Jordan was very approachable and easy to talk to. Whenever I emailed him, he responded immediately. I have honestly watched my video at least every day since I received it! I would highly recommend HI Focused to anyone without hesitation! Again, I am so happy with everything!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such an ecstatic review about working with us and your wedding film. You shooting your day and producing your film was our pleasure!
    Mahalo and all the best guys!

Melody · Married on 12/14/2016

Jordan and his team are the best ever! We are so happy we went with them and every penny spent was well worth it. They made filming so comfortable and easy. Our friends and family are so impressed by the quality of the video and compares it to a movie. ;)

Sent on 01/15/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this! Congratulations guys!

S · Married on 12/09/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jordan and his team. They truly made our wedding day. His videos are the best wedding videos I have ever seen (and I have watched probably over 200 over the years). More importantly, he had to deal with someone who was picky (me), and he did an incredible job. He took notes on every last thing we requested and then didn't miss a single detail in the final highlights video. He was also extremely thorough and one of the most responsive members of our wedding vendors. My husband and I want to thank him and his team for all their hard work. I know he is the best wedding videographer in Maui. Hire him- you won't regret it.

Sent on 12/29/2016

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thanks so much for writing this! That's awesome that you picked us out of all the other videographers and liked our films so much!!! Thank you for having us and writing such great things about working with HI FOCUSED and your film!

Sean · Married on 11/12/2016

I hired Jordan as our videographer for our Wailea Destination Wedding in November. After viewing numerous videos from videographers around the island, I knew that he was the best option by far. He has worked with many coordinators and has filmed at many venues around Maui, including my beautiful venue at Gannons with Sarah C. as my amazing coordinator. As I was planning my wedding, I was impressed by Jordan's email response time and incredibly detailed information he provides. Booking well in advance is a must with this company. As my wedding date came closer he scheduled a phone meeting to review final details. On the wedding day, he was prompt and his team was on top of everything. They captured everything I requested; the accessories, bridal party gifts, first look, drone shots, all of the decorated tables and photo booth to mention a few. Jordan kindly worked with me to ensure my film was everything I had wanted. The quality and professionalism is definitely worth every penny. I love everything about the finished product! I would highly recommend Jordan and his company-you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Allison · Married on 11/11/2016

STUNNING and EXCEPTIONAL, definitely the best!

Hundreds of people (probably more) flock to Maui for their destination wedding each year. I am not unique in that I felt apprehensive about booking a vendor that I’d never met. All I knew about them was from the words of complete strangers. For those who know me, I can be very selective, and even more so when it came to my wedding! Before I found HI Focused, I watched at least one hundred other videos.

After e-mailing with Jordan and then meeting him in person, I knew I made the right choice. The work alone speaks for itself, but what made the experience exceptional, was Jordan and his team. The first film I watched, I cried, laughed then did both at the same time. It takes truly talented people to capture such raw/genuine emotion and then to convey that through video! Jordan and Amber were so comforting and helped us feel natural in front of the camera.

From beginning to end the service was extraordinary! If you are feeling apprehensive, rest assured! I’m so glad I took a chance! My husband and I have this beautiful gift we get to watch for years to come. Thanks HI Focused!

Sent on 01/16/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I love what you wrote!! STUNNING AND EXCEPTIONAL! I really appreciate that and all the kind words about how much you love your film! Thank you again it was our pleasure!!! All the best in the future you two!

Lani · Married on 10/16/2016

Jordan and his team were simply incredible! We had a beach ceremony and reception at Hotel Wailea and Jordan captured absolutely everything we were looking for. I was very specific about footage I wanted featured in our video and Jordan delivered exactly what I was looking for. He created such a beautiful film for us that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. From the candid moments, to the drone footage, to the scenic beauty of Hawaii- he got it all. And we got our video so quickly- what a fantastic surprise! If you want the perfect video that you'll love forever, HI Focused is the way to go. I'm SO happy with our wedding video!

Sent on 11/23/2016

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Your day was so beautiful and it was great to be a part of it. All the best guys!
  • F

Flora · Married on 09/09/2016

Jordan is the best videographer in the world and Hi Focused is the BEST! He went above and beyond to make sure I’d be happy with my wedding video that will last a lifetime! Jordan and his team did everything they could to make sure the video would be perfect and the way I wanted! And yes my video came out 100% perfect!! Even as a very demanding and picky client myself, I’m highly satisfied with how the team handled everything before, on, and even after the wedding day. The whole team was very professional and easy to work with. Jordan made sure all the things I’d like to have would be in the wedding video. The team knew what they were supposed to do at all times, very proactive and always actively working very hard for a perfect shooting. When there were sudden changes to the original plan on the wedding day, they quickly reacted to unexpected changes professionally. Our schedule that day was very tight, with everything planned out back-to-back, however, the team worked very well under pressure and delivered everything in a timely-manner, and in high quality! Hi Focused worked very well with other vendors too like: my makeup and hair artists, photographers, florist, and wedding coordinator. Even after the wedding day, Jordan made sure he got all the things I wanted in the video exactly the way I wanted, even if it meant he had to edit time after time until I was 110% satisfied. My husband and I have shown it to all our friends and families around the world. Everyone was so impressed with how professional and what an amazing job Hi Focused did for our wedding. So worth it to hire the best!! Every time we watch our video, it only brings back all the happy memories and smiles of that day, and reminds me once again the meaning of marriage. We will forever treasure this beautiful, touching, emotional wedding video Jordan and his team has made! Jordan is so talented in what he does. If you want the best for your wedding day, look no further. He is the BEST of the BEST!

Kofi · Married on 08/26/2016

Jordan was Amazing. We must have watched our video 50 times already and we just got it last night. he captured every great moment of the day and what was incredible is just all the emotions that we had during that whole day were relived every time we watched the video. Jordan was very professional and great to work with. We chose Hi Focused after watching a few of their past work, but ours definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you again for adding to our special day. We will be watching this video for 60+ years to come.

Tova · Married on 08/22/2016

I must have looked at the work of every videographer who works in Maui. My husband and I wanted a video that told a story and captured the feeling of our wedding day. No one’s work came close to the work Jordan and his team do.

I think I watched 40 of Jordan’s wedding videos. At the end of the few minutes, I felt I knew the couple and even found myself crying at the couple I had never met. We knew Jordan was the videographer we wanted for our Maui wedding.

Jordan and his team were fantastic to work with. He was so thorough, both before and during the wedding, asking lots of questions to understand what was important to us and unique aspects of our wedding day. He was assertive in getting the shots he needed, but after the ceremony ended, I didn’t even realize he and his team were there -- they totally blended in while shooting the entire reception. Also, can we mention the drone shots? They are breathtaking and we can’t wait to see our video.

Bonnie · Married on 07/16/2016

Opting to work with Jordan as our videographer on our wedding day was one of the best decisions my husband I made in our entire wedding planning process.

After booking our venue and our wedding coordinator, our next step was locking in the perfect videographer for our special day. As a couple whose respective professions consist of conducting in-depth research and analysis on a daily basis (an attorney and a financial analyst), you can bet that we did our research before selecting Jordan. We pored through dozens of videographer websites, watching countless wedding videos, and reading every review we could find. We did cost benefit analysis for each videographer (including videographers off island), rating each based on the quality of their videos and relative cost. Jordan was the best option.

His videos speak for themselves. Simple and honest but with a director's focus on cinematography, his videos reveal a true artist with a keen eye for detail and the ability to tell the story of each couple in a special way. He has the uncanny ability to capture and collect the most memorable moments from your special day and put them together seamlessly in a way that will forever memorialize those overwhelming yet thrilling seconds when you first see your husband-to-be at the end of the aisle; the indescribable love and excitement you feel as he looks into your eyes and tells you, with unwavering conviction, that he will love you for an eternity; the tidal wave of emotions you feel as you turn to face your guests together for the first time as husband and wife. He was also receptive to our requests - adding in elements that he usually does not implement such as slow-mo and time lapse to satisfy our persnickety standards.

In short, he nails it. Every single time. We were smiling with tears running down our faces as we watched our video for the first time. You will too.