HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

183 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2

AQ · Married on 06/23/2017

My wife and I decided to elope to Maui and our parents wanted a video to capture “our day”. Hi focused did that to the fullest extent and even beyond what we thought could be captured. Everyone of our friends and family said they felt like they were watching our movie! They were very professional and very detailed i. Order to get all the shots to make the perfect video. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Saren · Married on 05/31/2017

Chris and I were so excited that we were able to work with HiFocused. Jordan was professional and prompt with communication. He made it easy to ask questions and exchange information through email, which was great because of the time difference.
    On the day of the HiFocused team was amazing. They were really easy going and did a great job with a pretty rowdy group, which is exactly what we wanted.
    The finished film is out of this world, we are so incredibly impressed with how it came out. My heart feels so full knowing we have our day preserved in such a breathtaking way that we can look back and enjoy for years to come!

Mahalo Jordan, Amber and Willard!

With best wishes,

Sae and Chris (May 31, 2017)

Sent on 08/22/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the great review!
    I'm glad you really liked your wedding film and experience working with us!
    Mahalo and all the best guys!

Katrina · Married on 05/27/2017

As soon as my husband and I decided on Maui I googled Maui Videographers and came across Jordan and the Hi Focused website. I was thrilled when the Hyatt presented them as a preferred vendor in the wedding planning guide! After convincing my husband that Jordan’s footage was some of the best I had seen and this would be completely worth it; I contacted Jordan to book him and it was one of the best decisions we made. Jordan was very communicative with us through emails and phone calls while we worked out details. We had a call with him a few days before where he reviewed details of our wedding day and provided us with his professional advice on what would work best for our schedule and location.

Jordan completely blew me away on the day of the wedding. He and his team arrived early and ready to work almost immediately. Jordan was really great with our photographer team and was great at communicating what he was doing and why. He helped put me at ease and his team really helped ease my husband’s stage fright. Every shot was well thought out and coordinated and the footage was amazing! We booked the team for 4 hours and we stayed right on track the entire time – in large part due to Jordan and his team.

We fell in love with our wedding trailer! And we just received our documentary footage and raw footage package this week. The packaging was secure and very nice looking as well! We loved loved loved our wedding video!

Thank you so much Jordan!

Sent on 07/27/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It really means a lot that you set a side the time to write such great things about your experience! It was our pleasure too! Mahalo and congratulations!!

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Jordan is so much more than a standard wedding videographer, he's extremely talented and has an eye to capture the emotion of your big day. Jordan and his team filmed our wedding on May 5, 2017 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our wedding planner highly recommended him and she nailed it. We had a few emails and a phone call before our big day. Jordan is extremely detailed and organized. He caught a few things in the schedule that we tweaked due to his feedback. My husband is a pilot and saw that Jordan does drone footage so that alone sold him. Jordon is very personable and a nice guy. On the day of the big event, Jordan and his team were on time and were fun to film with. The day went perfectly. He knew the property very well and kept us moving to capture the best lighting. His drone footage was Jaw dropping especially at the end on Lava point.

After 3 weeks, Jordan emailed us the link to view our video. The music selection, shots, voiceovers, scenery, and aerial coverage were perfection! We both had tears watching it and my husband never gets emotional. I've shared our wedding video to many friends and family that weren't able to attend our wedding since it was a small destination wedding. Everyone always says this is unlike any wedding video they've ever seen and we usually always get tears ;). I love how he cuts it to be 7 minutes so it makes it easier to share with friends. He does give you the all the raw footage that you and your parents would want to see.

Many of our friends over the years decided against hiring a videographer and afterwards every single one of them regretted it. Your wedding is one the most important and expensive day of your life, after it's over all you have is the video and photos. And the video is so much more personal. Select Jordan to film your once in a lifetime moment, I promise you will not regret it. We can't thank Jordan and his team enough. Mahalo ~Michelle & Keith

Sent on 07/22/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I love this! Your wedding day was amazing and it was great being the team to capture all your great moments! Thank you again for having us and taking the time to write this!

Arjun · Married on 04/29/2017

When you have your wedding you hope for two things: the perfect wedding day and the most beautiful videos and photos to help you relive that experience. My wife and I were excited to be able to have HiFocused film our wedding. We had seen sample videos from so many vendors online, but found ourselves constantly coming back to their work. Their videos make you feel as if you're watching a cinematic movie. Despite the intermittent heavy rains that we had on our wedding day we felt like we had our perfect wedding, but we were also a bit nervous about how everything would look on film given the weather. I have to say, though, that my wife and I were stunned by how amazing our wedding film turned out. Jordan and the HiFocused team were wonderful to work with. They were kind, patient, and accommodating. You can tell by working with them that they are thinking about every detail, every angle and how to perfectly capture every moment. The final product shows that attentiveness and care. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. If we had to go back in time and do our wedding over again I can confidently say we'd still choose HiFocused as our videographer without a second thought.

Sent on 09/13/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for such kind words!!! It was our pleasure shooting your wedding day!
    Mahalo and all the best in the future!

Brittani · Married on 04/28/2017

Jordan and his team were absolutely wonderful. Their presence was felt but not overwhelming during the day and esp during the ceremony, the video is absolutely stunning and something my husband and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. If videography is even just a tiny thought in your mind I say GO FOR IT, and GO with Jordan and his team, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/13/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It was a pleasure being your wedding videographer thanks again for writing this!

Meg · Married on 03/30/2017

Jordan and his team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They are extremely professional, friendly, and creative. Our video is an absolute gem; during the wedding planning process, we knew we'd want a videographer, but Jordan and his team brings "videography" to an entirely different level. We'll treasure it for years to come. Thank you, Jordan and team!!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It was great shooting your wedding day! I'm so glad you had such a great experience with us!!! Take care and all the best in your future!

• Tasha

Tasha · Married on 03/04/2017

Jordan and his team deserve 6 stars if that was an option :) First of all, Jordan is extremely talented and uses amazing drone technology that helps to make the videos extremely personable and allows you to feel like you were there and felt the breeze from ocean/saw thesurroundings, etc (you can check out the samples on his website of his work, which you will fall in love with). This was one of the biggest reasons we hired him, since not all of our family was able to make it all the way to Maui from CA and Europe we wanted them to feel like they didn't miss out. Additionally, Jordan and team were extremely professional, and were able to capture all the special moment but not make us feel like we had someone with a camera in our face all day ;) Also, Jordan helped to give us our wedding video within 20 days of our wedding (most would have taken a few months) and allowed us to quickly share it online - and sent us a beautiful wooden box/flash drive with our wedding film and full days coverage on a flash drive. Again, highly recommend to anyone that would like to hire a Cinematographer!

Sent on 04/07/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the kind and awesome review of us! I really appreciate you doing this! It really helps HI FOCUSED and future clients picking us.
    Thank you again for having us shoot your EPIC day! :)

Rina · Married on 01/21/2017

Having HIFocused Cinematography capture our wedding day was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Please do yourself a favor, and don’t look any further. Their work alone speaks for itself.

I went through over 10+ videographers on the Big Island, and none of them offered what we wanted. Being a videographer myself in real estate, I had extremely high expectations. I finally came across HIFocused and NEEDED to have them capture our wedding. Though Jordan and the team are based in Maui, they flew down to the Big Island to join us on our special day. I’ll be honest… this was a huge investment for us, but it was the best investment we ever made! Their work is AMAZING!!! Our trailer and feature film blew us away! So STUNNING! We can’t and won’t stop re-playing them. We are saving to watch our extended documentary for our first anniversary. Jordan is VERY professional and talented. He is very responsive to your texts/emails/concerns. He and the team have so much creativity and passion. Jordan takes his craft very seriously, but they definitely made us feel comfortable during our wedding day. Even after the wedding, we had so many editing requests, and Jordan accommodated EVERY request we made and delivered our films earlier than expected. To have such a beautifully crafted film to look back on for years and to share with our family is truly priceless. Their work is ART. And to mention, we have all the raw footage they captured. Very few creatives give away raw footage to their clients. This just attests to how good Jordan and the team are. They exceeded our expectations. Please… if you are looking for high-quality, cinematic, inspiring video work produced by a highly-professional and passionate team, let HIFocused capture your wedding day. HIFocused Cinematography will certainly deliver!

Sent on 03/29/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Shooting your day was AMAZING and our pleasure too!!! I'm so thrilled with how your day went and your films came out! Thank you again for having us and writing such a thorough and heartfelt review! I really appreciate it! Congratulations!

Brittany · Married on 12/20/2016

Jordan and his team were absolutely amazing!! My wedding video they made was PERFECT!!! They captured everything I asked for and then some. The day of my wedding they were very punctual and worked very hard to make sure every shot was perfect. Jordan and I discussed the day before the wedding everything I wanted to capture and they did just that. After I received my video in the mail I realized that there were two specific clips that I wanted added into it. I asked Jordan if it was possible to still add them in and said "absolutely" without hesitation. He revised my video and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels like I'm watching a movie! This is what I realized when reviewing company's videos when I was choosing my videographer. When I watched other company's wedding videos, I felt like I was watching a documentary. But watching Hi Focused videos, I felt like I was watching a movie. The videos are of the highest quality and just overall amazing! Jordan was very approachable and easy to talk to. Whenever I emailed him, he responded immediately. I have honestly watched my video at least every day since I received it! I would highly recommend HI Focused to anyone without hesitation! Again, I am so happy with everything!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such an ecstatic review about working with us and your wedding film. You shooting your day and producing your film was our pleasure!
    Mahalo and all the best guys!

Melody · Married on 12/14/2016

Jordan and his team are the best ever! We are so happy we went with them and every penny spent was well worth it. They made filming so comfortable and easy. Our friends and family are so impressed by the quality of the video and compares it to a movie. ;)

Sent on 01/15/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this! Congratulations guys!

S · Married on 12/09/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jordan and his team. They truly made our wedding day. His videos are the best wedding videos I have ever seen (and I have watched probably over 200 over the years). More importantly, he had to deal with someone who was picky (me), and he did an incredible job. He took notes on every last thing we requested and then didn't miss a single detail in the final highlights video. He was also extremely thorough and one of the most responsive members of our wedding vendors. My husband and I want to thank him and his team for all their hard work. I know he is the best wedding videographer in Maui. Hire him- you won't regret it.

Sent on 12/29/2016

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thanks so much for writing this! That's awesome that you picked us out of all the other videographers and liked our films so much!!! Thank you for having us and writing such great things about working with HI FOCUSED and your film!

Sean · Married on 11/12/2016

I hired Jordan as our videographer for our Wailea Destination Wedding in November. After viewing numerous videos from videographers around the island, I knew that he was the best option by far. He has worked with many coordinators and has filmed at many venues around Maui, including my beautiful venue at Gannons with Sarah C. as my amazing coordinator. As I was planning my wedding, I was impressed by Jordan's email response time and incredibly detailed information he provides. Booking well in advance is a must with this company. As my wedding date came closer he scheduled a phone meeting to review final details. On the wedding day, he was prompt and his team was on top of everything. They captured everything I requested; the accessories, bridal party gifts, first look, drone shots, all of the decorated tables and photo booth to mention a few. Jordan kindly worked with me to ensure my film was everything I had wanted. The quality and professionalism is definitely worth every penny. I love everything about the finished product! I would highly recommend Jordan and his company-you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Allison · Married on 11/11/2016

STUNNING and EXCEPTIONAL, definitely the best!

Hundreds of people (probably more) flock to Maui for their destination wedding each year. I am not unique in that I felt apprehensive about booking a vendor that I’d never met. All I knew about them was from the words of complete strangers. For those who know me, I can be very selective, and even more so when it came to my wedding! Before I found HI Focused, I watched at least one hundred other videos.

After e-mailing with Jordan and then meeting him in person, I knew I made the right choice. The work alone speaks for itself, but what made the experience exceptional, was Jordan and his team. The first film I watched, I cried, laughed then did both at the same time. It takes truly talented people to capture such raw/genuine emotion and then to convey that through video! Jordan and Amber were so comforting and helped us feel natural in front of the camera.

From beginning to end the service was extraordinary! If you are feeling apprehensive, rest assured! I’m so glad I took a chance! My husband and I have this beautiful gift we get to watch for years to come. Thanks HI Focused!

Sent on 01/16/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

I love what you wrote!! STUNNING AND EXCEPTIONAL! I really appreciate that and all the kind words about how much you love your film! Thank you again it was our pleasure!!! All the best in the future you two!

Lani · Married on 10/16/2016

Jordan and his team were simply incredible! We had a beach ceremony and reception at Hotel Wailea and Jordan captured absolutely everything we were looking for. I was very specific about footage I wanted featured in our video and Jordan delivered exactly what I was looking for. He created such a beautiful film for us that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. From the candid moments, to the drone footage, to the scenic beauty of Hawaii- he got it all. And we got our video so quickly- what a fantastic surprise! If you want the perfect video that you'll love forever, HI Focused is the way to go. I'm SO happy with our wedding video!

Sent on 11/23/2016

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Your day was so beautiful and it was great to be a part of it. All the best guys!
  • F

Flora · Married on 09/09/2016

Jordan is the best videographer in the world and Hi Focused is the BEST! He went above and beyond to make sure I’d be happy with my wedding video that will last a lifetime! Jordan and his team did everything they could to make sure the video would be perfect and the way I wanted! And yes my video came out 100% perfect!! Even as a very demanding and picky client myself, I’m highly satisfied with how the team handled everything before, on, and even after the wedding day. The whole team was very professional and easy to work with. Jordan made sure all the things I’d like to have would be in the wedding video. The team knew what they were supposed to do at all times, very proactive and always actively working very hard for a perfect shooting. When there were sudden changes to the original plan on the wedding day, they quickly reacted to unexpected changes professionally. Our schedule that day was very tight, with everything planned out back-to-back, however, the team worked very well under pressure and delivered everything in a timely-manner, and in high quality! Hi Focused worked very well with other vendors too like: my makeup and hair artists, photographers, florist, and wedding coordinator. Even after the wedding day, Jordan made sure he got all the things I wanted in the video exactly the way I wanted, even if it meant he had to edit time after time until I was 110% satisfied. My husband and I have shown it to all our friends and families around the world. Everyone was so impressed with how professional and what an amazing job Hi Focused did for our wedding. So worth it to hire the best!! Every time we watch our video, it only brings back all the happy memories and smiles of that day, and reminds me once again the meaning of marriage. We will forever treasure this beautiful, touching, emotional wedding video Jordan and his team has made! Jordan is so talented in what he does. If you want the best for your wedding day, look no further. He is the BEST of the BEST!

Kofi · Married on 08/26/2016

Jordan was Amazing. We must have watched our video 50 times already and we just got it last night. he captured every great moment of the day and what was incredible is just all the emotions that we had during that whole day were relived every time we watched the video. Jordan was very professional and great to work with. We chose Hi Focused after watching a few of their past work, but ours definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you again for adding to our special day. We will be watching this video for 60+ years to come.

Tova · Married on 08/22/2016

I must have looked at the work of every videographer who works in Maui. My husband and I wanted a video that told a story and captured the feeling of our wedding day. No one’s work came close to the work Jordan and his team do.

I think I watched 40 of Jordan’s wedding videos. At the end of the few minutes, I felt I knew the couple and even found myself crying at the couple I had never met. We knew Jordan was the videographer we wanted for our Maui wedding.

Jordan and his team were fantastic to work with. He was so thorough, both before and during the wedding, asking lots of questions to understand what was important to us and unique aspects of our wedding day. He was assertive in getting the shots he needed, but after the ceremony ended, I didn’t even realize he and his team were there -- they totally blended in while shooting the entire reception. Also, can we mention the drone shots? They are breathtaking and we can’t wait to see our video.

Bonnie · Married on 07/16/2016

Opting to work with Jordan as our videographer on our wedding day was one of the best decisions my husband I made in our entire wedding planning process.

After booking our venue and our wedding coordinator, our next step was locking in the perfect videographer for our special day. As a couple whose respective professions consist of conducting in-depth research and analysis on a daily basis (an attorney and a financial analyst), you can bet that we did our research before selecting Jordan. We pored through dozens of videographer websites, watching countless wedding videos, and reading every review we could find. We did cost benefit analysis for each videographer (including videographers off island), rating each based on the quality of their videos and relative cost. Jordan was the best option.

His videos speak for themselves. Simple and honest but with a director's focus on cinematography, his videos reveal a true artist with a keen eye for detail and the ability to tell the story of each couple in a special way. He has the uncanny ability to capture and collect the most memorable moments from your special day and put them together seamlessly in a way that will forever memorialize those overwhelming yet thrilling seconds when you first see your husband-to-be at the end of the aisle; the indescribable love and excitement you feel as he looks into your eyes and tells you, with unwavering conviction, that he will love you for an eternity; the tidal wave of emotions you feel as you turn to face your guests together for the first time as husband and wife. He was also receptive to our requests - adding in elements that he usually does not implement such as slow-mo and time lapse to satisfy our persnickety standards.

In short, he nails it. Every single time. We were smiling with tears running down our faces as we watched our video for the first time. You will too.

Missy · Married on 07/13/2016

The Four Seasons Resort in Maui recommended HI Focused as a possible cinematographer for my wedding. I immediately did my research and discovered WHY Jordan & his team came highly recommended...the wedding films I saw on YouTube were so creative...I was excited to see what he would do with my wedding.
    I was married recently and I was BEYOND IMPRESSED with both Jordan's team and the finished product.
    Jordan provides great advice and instructions for an amazing video. He also listens to what is significant for YOU and your special day...my requests were all captured in my video. I am so glad that I chose Jordan & his team at HI Focused to document my wedding story...and you'll be glad too!

Jeb · Married on 07/10/2016

My wife and I were married on Maui at Sugar Beach Events of Hawaii in July of 2016. Selecting HIFocused as our cinematography team was one of the easiest decisions that we had to make. My sister had her wedding on Maui in 2014, and she chose Jordan and his team. After seeing the quality of their film, we knew that our search was going to be a short one. We contacted HIFocused and they were awesome from day one!

Throughout our wedding planning, we spoke to Jordan over the phone and via email. He was always professional and had great advice for us. As we approached the wedding day, he checked in to see if there were any last minute updates. He wanted to make sure that we had the best product possible.

On the wedding day, his team showed up early to capture the details of the beautiful venue. Three videographers were on site filming throughout the entire event. The drone made an appearance overhead during the setup and the celebration, but they parked it during the ceremony so as not to distract from the special moment.

One of the things that impressed us the most was Jordan's ability to work with the photographers. He knew when to take a step back and allow them to get "the shot". After seeing the finished video, he didn't miss anything.

After the wedding, he contacted us and asked if we had any suggestions regarding music and specific shots for the film. We really felt like it was our video, and it represented our special day perfectly. When the editing was complete, Jordan sent us a note that the video had been uploaded to Vimeo. The ability to share it with friends and family was fantastic. Soon after, a package arrived in the mail that contained the 7 minute video, a 45 minute documentary film, and chocolate!

Working with HIFocused was a fantastic experience, and I would recommend them to anyone wishing to capture a special event in Hawaii!

Thanks from Maryland,

Jeb and Amanda

Roger · Married on 06/12/2016

Jordan puts a lot effort in our wedding film, and made a wonderful cut for our beautiful memory. During filming, he made every part of view smoothly and not interupting whole ceremmony. Highly recommanded!!

Kate · Married on 05/28/2016

When we were looking into photographers it was just such a clear decision to make. Right from the start Jordan was very professional and thorough in getting to know us and what we wanted captured on the day. His email correspondence leading up to the wedding was very prompt and he checked in multiple times to ensure the day went smoothly and he got the shots he wanted. On the day, his team were amazing - so friendly and they tried to capture everything without being noticed which not all photographers can manage. The quality of their work is awesome and Jordan was very open to all of my husband's crazy ideas which is always a plus! They rocked!

Danielle · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I were married this past May in Waikiki and we used Jordan and his team at HI Focused as our videographers.

From our initial conversation Jordan was very professional and thorough. He spent the time leading up to our wedding getting to know us and understanding our wants and wishes for the day.

On the day of our wedding, Jordan and his team arrived early and were very respectful throughout the day.
    Our wedding party and our family all agreed that Jordan and his team blended in so well that we barely even noticed that they were around. Even to someone who does not like being on camera, the whole filming process felt very natural and Jordan made everyone feel at ease.

Our video arrived two months after our wedding (which I thought was extremely fast) and it was edited to PERFECTION! My favourite thing about our wedding video is how every ounce of emotion was captured on film and then re–told through the editing and music.

If you are getting married in Hawaii and want a stand out wedding video, do yourself a favour and hire HI Focused as your videographers – they are worth every penny!

Maggie · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I are very pleased with Jordan and his team. They captured every important detail of our special day into 10 minutes that we can relive forever. Jordan is super talented and artistic. His films are unlike any other wedding films. From song choices to voice overs, to how he edits the order of his clips - it is truly a work of art and you can tell he is passionate about what he does. We received many compliments from our friends and families, many happy tears as well. He listened to what was important to us and that's what really matters. We would definitely recommend him, you will not regret it!