Hey Mister DJ Reviews

Hey Mister DJ 5
Hey Mister DJ 6
Hey Mister DJ 7

Chris · Married on 05/15/2010

DJ Chris did a fantastic job taking care of us for our wedding. Lee was great to work with.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Marisa · Married on 04/17/2010

Lee was our DJ and he is incredible. He was very responsive to everything we asked for. He provided both music and lighting. Not only did he do lighting for the dance floor but he was able to shine a light on our cake which made it look fantastic. The music was great, there were people on the dance floor the entire night which made it soo much fun. We only gave him a small list of must plays and from there he was able to keep the party going all night. He is definately one of the best DJ's in the city. Lee also helped me tremendously with the timeline and it made everyhing flow so smoothly. I would definitly recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 05/06/2010

Stacy · Married on 04/10/2010

DJ Chris was amazing at our wedding! He was really laid back, which suit our style perfectly. He played a great mix of the stuff we listed, as well as taking care to take into account what music would work at the moment, and what the other guests may have wanted to hear. According to our preferences, he successfully denied all guest attempts to request horrible songs that we didn't want to hear, like the Conga or the Chicken Dance. And he totally went with the flow, making some impromptu announcements that we had forgotten to let him know about ahead of time. He arrived promptly, and was absolutely professional, and a warm presence at our wedding. Everyone loved him, and I couldn't recommend him enough. Thanks, Chris!

Sent on 04/20/2010

Nykia · Married on 04/10/2010

Hey Mister DJ and DJ Lee helped to make our wedding day the most fun-filled and dance-filled day of our lives. Our guests still talk about what a great DJ company we had at our wedding. We suppose it was evident how much everyone enjoyed the DJ by the overpopulation of the dance floor for the entire reception! DJ Lee really has a knack for keeping the party grooving and feeling out the energy level of the crowd. If we are ever in need of a DJ in the future or know someone else who is, we won't hesitate to call on Hey Mister DJ. They're like magic!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Kenna · Married on 11/28/2009

My brother had Lee as his DJ for his wedding a couple years ago, and when the time came for my now husband and I to choose ours for our wedding, it was a no brainer. We remembered his professionalism and talent from my brothers wedding and knew right away that we would want to have him DJ our wedding too. The insight and knowledge that Lee brings to the table is unmatched. His ability to cater to the specific needs and wants of the couple is amazing. He is the DJ and the Master of Ceremonies, very comfortable and secure in what he does which for the bride and groom, makes all the difference in the world. We will definitely keep him in mind for future referrals and would like to express our deepest gratitude to Lee for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 12/23/2009
  • Sara H

Sara · Married on 11/21/2009

DJ Lee Dyson is an amazing find! I got married November 2009 and let me tell you the DJ I haev learned is the MOST important vendor of a wedding with a larger reception, they can either set the right vibe want or...not and kill the party.

Lee was a dream to work with...extremely communicative, evaluated my event hall and gave me guidance what would work best, worked with me to integrate the extremely wide variety of music I wanted to include, helped me get a great timeline together and then on the big day put the whole thing together perfectly! He transitioned from events to music with no interruption at all and kept the party going beyond smoothly. People were up and dancing the whole time from my grandmother to my friends and co-workers. I would highly recommend DJ Lee Dyson to anyone looking for a great DJ. I will definetly high his services again!

Sent on 12/29/2009
  • F

Sean · Married on 11/15/2009

Lee was a true professional. He established a party-going mood with ease and did a better job of keeping the events of the evening on schedule than the "party captain" assigned to us by the reception hall.

It's too bad you're only supposed to get married once. We'd hire him for all our weddings! =)

Sent on 12/11/2009

Deborah · Married on 10/24/2009

Our DJ Patrick was absolutely fantastic. We had a multi-cultural wedding and needed music to make everyone happy. Patrick was responsive and available and offered some great suggestions. We both felt that it was very important to us to be surrounded by positive people during our wedding and during our planning process. Patrick was our guy!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Darren · Married on 10/17/2009

Lee was fantastic at our wedding! I can recommend him without any reservation. He was always nice and professional, and we both felt we could contact him as much as we needed to in planning the music for our wedding.
    As far as the music played, we just gave him a list of must plays, and a general style of what we wanted. That's it. And he nailed it!

During the ceremony and reception Lee was wonderful as well. He kept the party moving perfectly. He was so helpful with the timeline of things. We did not have a day of coordinator or party planner. But every once in a while Lee would tap me on the shoulder and let me know he was going to do this or that because it was that time to do so. Honestly, it would not have been a perfectly smooth and hassle free wedding without him.

I highly recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Molly · Married on 10/03/2009

My now-husband actually found Lee Dyson of Hey Mister DJ and I was SO happy that he did! From the beginning of the process to the end, Lee was professional, knowledgeable, responsive, and accommodating. We definitely leaned on him for more than just music. Several of the highlights were: First, we wanted music OUR way, and Lee was more than happy to be the humble DJ who probably knows more music than we do, but obliged our tastes. Second, Lee helped us to create the timeline for the night because we have never done it before and you can believe he has! It was great - flexible to maximize people's enjoyment and sense of relaxation. Third, on the wedding night, he did exactly what he said he would - was professional, connected with us inconspicuously about timing of things and how it was going, smiled, and basically led the show without taking it over. Fourth, there was a situation involving an unwanted guest and Lee immediately handled it so that nobody noticed. I would recommend his services to anyone and will hire him again when the time comes!

Sent on 10/11/2009

Daniel · Married on 09/05/2009

We used DJ Lee (Hey Mister DJ) for our wedding on 9/5/2009. Right from the start he was always professional and provided many useful suggestions as far as layout and the order of events. We had a wedding coordinator but Lee's advice was a great supplement to our coordinator.

I think I should go into what we were looking for in a DJ and then you can see how that stacks up against your expectations. I think this is important since I may rate something higher/lower than you do and you end up unhappy (which I don't want to do to happen).

First of all we wanted a DJ who was not an aspiring artist or a Wedding singer reject. I know this sounds harsh but there are plenty of them out there. I don't know if you have had the opportunity to go to any wedding expos, if you have you know what I'm talking about when I say there are a lot of "characters" out there. We definitely did not want someone who would sing behind a keyboard in between songs. I know some people who absolutely love that; we definitely did not want that.

Another thing that was important for us was for the DJ to have a hip vibe. I know this is quiet subjective, but basically we did not want a guy who simply played music off of his computer. We wanted someone who knew music really well (all genres) and had the ability to naturally blend music from one theme to the next. Don't overlook the music knowledge factor. I think it is important for the DJ to be able to suggest songs that a guest may request but does not fit in with your vision. For example, my wife and I had a wide spectrum of music on our list. We grew up listening to anything from Spanish to Rock and all types in between. We also like Hip Hop but knew some songs were not appropriate for our big day. It was imperative for our DJ to be able to get a request say from a teenage cousin and suggest something softer yet still hip.

Obviously being timely, dependable and professional were high on our criteria list. The last thing we wanted was for our DJ to ruin our wedding by not showing up, or worse yet, embarrassing us.

Let me say that in every single item I noted Lee could not have been a better fit. He was early for every meeting we had (initial, follow ups and at the venue). He kept his interaction to a minimum (only doing the things we asked of him) and definitely knew music. He was the MC for our wedding and kept the events going with a natural flow without them feeling rushed. When there was a change to our timeline (requested by us) he was able to handle the change flawlessly. Lee was dressed properly for our wedding yet still had a hip vibe to him. I definitely would recommend him and will use him again for any future event that requires a DJ.

Most important, Lee was always honest with us. He was straight forward if he felt that we didn't need items that would cost extra (and also on items that we should add). I met with several DJ's and all stated what I needed prior to even looking at the venue (in all cases over-selling). Lee and I walked the grounds together before getting into specifics such as extra speakers and lighting. I liked the fact that he even did a sound check prior to any guests arriving to confirm the sound was nothing less than perfect (sounds simple but I have heard horror stories of this step being skipped).

As I said, I would highly recommend Hey Mister DJ for any wedding. I hope that my experience/opinion paints a better picture for anyone looking for a high quality and professional DJ.

Sent on 02/19/2010

amber · Married on 09/04/2009

Lee is just awesome! I worked with him years ago at a club and just loved him. Then about a year and a half ago I ran into him at a wedding that he was DJ-ing. I loved what he was doing so much, that when I got engaged, I sought him out to do my wedding. I got so many people at my wedding saying how they loved the DJ. The most important thing to me in my wedding, was that our friends and family had a good time and Lee was in the center of making that happen.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Lisa · Married on 08/14/2009

Our wedding was a few weeks ago and Lee was our DJ. Over the past few months Lee was very professional. He came highly recommended from a friend and from the moment we were in contact with him we knew we were in good hands. We met with Lee a few weeks before the wedding and exchanged our ideas. Lee had wonderful suggestions and was very helpful in helping us choose songs for the events ( bride groom entrance, cake cutting, etc.). From the moment the music started at the cocktail hour people were enjoying the music. The songs flowed smoothly throughout the night and Lee was particularly good at reading the crowd and playing music accordingly. After the dinner people of all ages began to hit the dance floor. By the end of the night we asked Lee if we could extend the party because everyone was enjoying dancing. People of all age groups commented on how much they enjoyed the songs that were being played. Lee was more than willing to accommodate our needs and he was able to stay the extra hour which allowed our wedding night to end perfectly. We have never been to a wedding where almost everyone stayed until the end of the wedding and were dancing at the end of the night. I credit Lee for bringing a fun lively atmosphere to the room. I know that our friends will use him in the future for their weddings. Lee is by far the best DJ on the west coast. He will make any party come alive for all age groups and meet every listener's needs. He is very down to earth and extremely easy to work with. We were overwhelmingly happy with the results.

Sent on 08/28/2009

Libby · Married on 07/18/2009

Lee took the mood of the room and combined it with my husband and my love of music.... Lee found the perfect balance for the room and to keep the dance floor going! During our dinner he provided the best "cool" lounge feel and I heard many compliments for the feeling of the room! Music no doubt provided a big part in that! Lee was great at listening to our guests requests but using his discretion for what to actually play! I would highly recommend Lee to anyone looking for a professional, quality DJ service. I am already planning to book him for our next event!!

Sent on 07/30/2009

Aja · Married on 10/07/2017

One of our highest priorities for our wedding bash was choosing the perfect DJ. We wanted our wedding to be all about celebrating love, and our crew celebrates best on the dance floor. When we met DJ Lee, we were confident he was the right choice. We liked his energy right away and could tell he knew his music. We gave Lee a list of some of our favorite tunes, but trusted he could manage the rest. In addition to music, he also handled the lighting, which really added to the ambiance. He emceed as needed, but focused on keeping energies high and people grooving. He exceeded our expectations and kept the dance floor raging all night! Our friends and family are still raving about how great the dance party was. With Lee’s help, our wedding was exactly what we envisioned. We cannot recommend his services more highly. If you want to dance, look no further than Hey Mister DJ!

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • Skylar

Skylar · Married on 06/17/2017

When, no lie, 20 people come up to you during your wedding begging for the playlist, you know you've won the Hire the Best DJ game.

I actually first found out about Hey Mister DJ and Lee on Wedding Wire. He seemed too good to be true. Who can be that good? A little while longer, when we asked for recommendations for a DJ from our wedding planner, Renee at Moxie Bright Events, she gave us a list that said something like, "I really should only give you Lee's name because he's the one you're going to go for." She was right! And whenever we told any of our other vendors who our DJ was, they all responded with, "You got Lee! He's the best." And they were right!

Choosing a DJ was a big deal to us as we are both mildly obsessed with music. My husband and I have...eclectic tastes from New-Wave to Indie Lo-fi, to classic R&B, to Broadway musicals. Not all the most clearly intertwined genres. We also LOVE to dance and being around others enjoying themselves. When it came to choosing our music, we originally gave Lee a list of genres/feelings we wanted. We didn't want to cramp his style with too many requests. He came back with, "Can you send me more specifics? If not, I can definitely work with this." That was EXACTLY what I was hoping for. We sent him a list of like 60 songs. Somehow, he fit most of them in while sprinkling in a few other songs that we would have requested had we thought of them--he got us so well. He made our madcap interests seem cohesive. He got people on the dance floor who usually are firmly cemented to their seat. He did all this while staying off the mic 99% of the time. Although you can definitely find cheaper DJs, you won't find a better.

My Maid of Honor and her fiance were so impressed, they asked him to DJ their wedding in November. I can't wait to dance another night away to a guaranteed great set of music.

Lee was also kind enough to create a Spotify playlist for us to remember the night (and satisfy our guest's requests!).

Sent on 07/04/2017

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Aw thanks for such an awesome review guys! You have amazing music taste so it was an absolute pleasure to work with you and help execute your vision. We thrive on working with cool, creative and unique couples like yourselves so truly appreciate your business. Plus, I got to pet a turtle and other animals...so that's a bonus :o) Best wishes to you both!

Joseph · Married on 04/22/2017

Our families have diverse musical taste. Hip Hop, Rock, Funk, Jazz, Country, you name it. We were looking for an affordable DJ for our wedding reception that was not cheesy, and could accommodate our diverse taste. Mark Reitman of Hey Mister DJ met all of our needs. During the planning process, we provided Mark with a list of about 200 songs to give him a feel for what kinda music we were looking to play including specific songs such as first dance, cake cutting, grand re-entrance, etc.. We gave him one requirement: keep everyone dancing and having a good time. Mark by far nailed it. A solid 75% of our guests were on the dance floor moving all night for almost 5 hrs straight (breaks for dinner, cake cutting, etc). Alcohol may have been a factor for our guests ;)

Sent on 04/30/2017

Sydney · Married on 06/26/2016

Lee was a fantastic vendor to work with. Super easy to deal with, helpful and experienced. He definitely knows how to really keep everyone engaged. He listened to our needs, and went above and beyond to deliver exactly what we wanted on our wedding day.

Sent on 09/17/2016

David · Married on 12/20/2015

DJ was great. He has a great stage presence and was wonderful in planning, speeches and music selection

Sent on 12/23/2015

Gillian · Married on 11/28/2015

Lee was a total professional and very easy to work with. He kept the crowd at our small-ish wedding on the dance floor. We are also very appreciative that he was able to find and play the specific processional song we requested, no easy feat since as far and I know it was only available on YouTube. We also appreciated that he didn't waiver from our do not play list even when the sister of the groom tried to get him to play one of our banned songs!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Brett · Married on 05/03/2014

Jason was amazing. So glad we ended up with him as our DJ. He was super responsive, full of ideas, and very accommodating to our needs. Day of the wedding he was there early setting up (for 4 different set-ups!) and did so with a smile. He was very professional throughout the entire process. Jason helped us create the environment that we wanted for our wedding and we had one heck of a party! Hey Mr. DJ (the company he works for) was actually the most expensive of all the DJ's I interviewed, but I felt confident that everything would be taken care of.....and it was. Thanks a bunch Jason and whoever gets you should consider themselves lucky, because they got nothing to worry about!

Brett & Julie

Sent on 05/17/2014

Carrie and Lee · Married on 01/27/2013

DJ Lee was the best DJ for our wedding that my husband and I could've wished for! My husband and I came up with a few songs for the songlist, but Lee took care of the rest...He was really good at reading our crowd and determining what music would get people out of their seats and on the dance floor. His music selection was perfect! Guests were pretty much dancing up until the very last song and everyone looked like they were having such a great time at the wedding! Many of my friends and coworkers kept on raving about what a wonderful and fun time they had at the wedding!

Lee was also a great vendor to work with. He was always responsive to his emails....He came to the venue early to set up his equipment and lighting....He worked very well with my wedding planner to coordinate those special moments....Amazing!! DJ Lee was great!

Sent on 04/12/2013

Steven · Married on 08/18/2012

Jason from Hey Mr DJ did a great job and helped to make our wedding a fun and memorable event. He was especially good at making adjustments on the fly based on the vibe of the party while also ensuring he played the songs we originally requested. We'd recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/14/2012

Katherine · Married on 08/11/2012

DJ Tito did a fantastic job at our wedding even though we didn't give him much to work with in terms of song choices. He read the crowd perfectly and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him for any wedding event.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Aaron · Married on 04/28/2012

I can't say enough about Lee. He brings such a wealth of experience, which was invaluable in both planning our wedding and the execution of it. He was also extremely accommodating with the music selection--both playing everything we requested and giving us suggestions when we needed them.
    The wedding was everything my wife and I had planned and wished for. And we got so many compliments from our guests on everything, especially the music. I'd also add that Lee played a huge role in making the flow of our wedding perfect.

Sent on 06/12/2012