Hey Mister DJ Reviews

Hey Mister DJ 6
Hey Mister DJ 7

Sidney S Tan · Married on 10/26/2018

Simply- Awesome!

Lee was just super. He knows the tempo and reads the room very well.
    He was very easy to work with and he will give you ideas and options to make your reception go without a hitch. Lee's mixes were awesome and he kept the room on the floor when ever needed. And he is a great MC as well. I will use Lee anytime I have a function in the future and his price is very reasonable. I'm very glad to have found Lee.
    Book him before he is taken!!

Michelle · Married on 10/13/2018

DJ Jimmy was an absolute blast to work with. He was very responsive to emails and last-minute changes. He put together a killer set for the reception that everyone loved! He sang a few songs during dinner which delighted all the guests and made my father/daughter dance even more special by singing my dad’s favorite Frank Sinatra song! I could not recommend Jimmy and Mister DJ more!!

Thanks Michelle!
    So glad you were pleased with everything and we are excited to see your wedding photos. Jimmy is one of our best! :)

Kameron · Married on 09/22/2018

Lee is the man! He thinks of everything so that at the wedding you are fully prepared. Everything from pronunciations & emphasis of people's names to having a very clear timeline (that is easy to set up with him) makes for a stress free wedding and a night of fun! During the wedding, Lee would always check in with us and make sure that we are ready to move into the speeches or move into the dances or move into the cake cutting, etc. This allowed us to be in control instead of having a rogue DJ that had their own schedule. This was super professional and courteous.

He played all the specialty songs that we wanted, and he asked us for a general ideas list of the other type of music that we wanted. Be sure to be very clear about what is a must play vs. the general ideas list. We made sure that the last 3 songs were must play, and he was sure to play them.

Throughout the event, Lee went around and made sure that the speakers were the right level and that everything was working and not too quiet or too loud.

During the ceremony, he mic'd the quartet and mic'd the officiant. Providing a mic for the quartet is a MUST! This was his idea, and it was so much better having them amplified. Both our venue loved him and the wedding planner loved him as well.

He is a genius at reading the crowd and choosing the PERFECT next song. He kept everyone dancing and singing the entire night.

Hey Mister DJ 8
    Hey Mister DJ 15
    Hey Mister DJ 16
    Hey Mister DJ 17

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

You're dance party was epic! Thanks so much for trusting us to help create an amazing wedding. We truly appreciate it and sending you both our best wishes! :)

Jonathan · Married on 09/15/2018

Lee strung together a playlist which kept people moving all night, which was formulated from some Skype meetings months before, as well as surveys, and an email requesting "must play" and "DON'T PLAY" lists. He was vocal, but not OVERLY vocal, felt very natural.

Most important to use was when the food vendor delayed service, he was able to keep the evening flowing flawlessly, taking peoples attention off of the slow service and on to having a good time. Honestly, a huge lifesaver, and I'd recommend him 100%.

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks guys. Such a COOL venue you picked for the wedding! I was thrilled to be part of the big day and it makes my job easy when you have such fun & "danceable" guests :) They really had amazing energy. Best wishes to you both!
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/15/2018

Lee is a total pro!

We got numerous compliments on Lee’s song selection. He absolutely killed it, from cocktail hour to late night dancing. He knows how to read the crowd and he is an awesome MC was well. You won’t find that he is on the mic too much, but he knows when to be vocal. He was instrumental to the success of our wedding when we had to revise the timeline a bit due to a food vendor issue, but he didn’t miss a beat. He is friendly, professional and just an all around pro at what he does. Lee, we can’t thank you enough!

Jemima · Married on 08/11/2018

Brilliant experience from start to finish! We had a beach ceremony and a reception inside Shutters on the Beach Hotel, Santa Monica. All the guys at Hey Mister DJ we’re reliable, fun to work with and provided incredible recommendations for the lighting and sound (outside on the beach with wireless microphone / speakers and inside the venue). Every guest was up and dancing throughout the whole party - we were having so much fun on the day that we extended the party so we could dance more. Brilliant, guys. Thank you SO much!!!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Hey Mister DJ 18
    Hey Mister DJ 19

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks for your feedback...we are so happy to have been part of your day!

Casey · Married on 08/03/2018

I knew I wanted to work with Lee right from the start, and he really blew us away with his video proposal. He was familiar with our venue and that helped seal the deal. We wanted someone with experience who understood what we were looking for with an eclectic crowd of kids that grew up in the nineties and family who loves Latin music. Lee was able to keep the crowd dancing all night (including myself, who had a broken ankle). He was never cheesy and was a great MC. To top things off he created an extremely sweet video that was completely unexpected and one of my favorite things captured during that day. Best wedding DJ of all time!!

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks Casey! You were the most amazing bride and kept everyone rallied around you on the dance floor with your super cool bridal scooter ;op So much fun....

K · Married on 07/20/2018

I can't tell you how much we enjoyed your participation in my Birthday Party. The music was great...you can always tell how well the DJ is doing by the number of people dancing. I think we had almost everybody up at one point....even some people who don't dance! Thanks again for adding the dancefloor lighting. It was generous of you and added much needed atmosphere. The video was much fun. There were numerious compliments...reminded me of so many things from the past I had forgotten. Good job! All in all it was an amazing night. I had a fabulous time... I know everybody else did too! Enjoy the rest of your summer...it goes too fast.
    Thanks again...I will pass on your name to anyone who will listen and hope to have the opportunity to use you again! Best, K

Sent on 08/06/2018

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks for choosing us to help create such a fun & memorable party. Our best wishes to you Kris!

Keren · Married on 06/02/2018

Lee was incredibly responsive in our planning stage, fair in price, and extremely experienced in his work and in understanding how people are responding to the music he's playing and learning to adapt. My experience with Lee during my wedding was exceptional. He had also worked extensively with our wedding coordinator, who had recommended him, so we thought we were working with someone who could be trusted to work our wedding. He surpassed all of our expectations and made every detail that we spoke about and even details we didn't think to much about priceless. I truly recommend his personal services and everything he recommends through anyone's event planning and execution.

Anna · Married on 04/21/2018

I discovered Hey Mister DJ at my wedding venue's tasting night, and I am so glad they were there! Lee the owner was incredibly helpful, and perfectly understood my music genre concerns....I had a great feeling that they would be able to totally nail the vibe my husband and I were hoping for. Our DJ for the wedding wound up being Mark....he was very thorough in his emails before the event, and executed our music wish lists perfectly. I remember smiling during dinner when I heard certain songs come through, and having a blast along with the rest of our guests when it came time for dancing. I would highly recommend both the company, and specifically Mark, to anyone needing a DJ for their special day. -- Anna P.

Luli · Married on 10/21/2017

He was an amazing DJ! He was thorough and communicated with my husband and I about every detail of our wedding.

Lena · Married on 10/20/2017

This review is long overdue, but I hope I can help anyone and everyone planning a wedding in 2018 and beyond!

Lee DJ-ed for my wedding at Descanso Gardens, in the "hard to DJ-at" Boddy House. From personal experience, my husband and I were nothing but impressed by his professionalism. He is honestly a professional businessman.

If you want Lee to DJ your wedding, call, text, email....book him NOW. Yes, he is AMAZING and even made my husband and I a playlist after the wedding because he knows how much I love music!! He books up fast, and he's a great businessman. You can check out his Kindle book on Amazon for resources and tips, just to get an idea of how awesome he is.

Hey Mister DJ is his company. He pulled up in his cool black minivan, set up all his equipment, and DJ-ed the hell out of my wedding. He'll do the same for you!

Thank you again for everything Lee! I hope to need him again in the future!! :D

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

We keep getting comments about how amazing our DJ and his music were. Lee sent us DJ Patrick and he was great. We talked about both my and my husbands music tastes and created a customized list of music that really represented our tastes. He was professional and timely with communication. We even have friends who came to our wedding that just had to get his card for their wedding that will be coming up!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Aw thanks guys! I'm so happy you are pleased with everything.
    You get the award for "fastest review from a client post-wedding" by the way.
    We REALLY appreciate it and congrats to you both!

Shayne · Married on 09/30/2017

Lee was the best! Crowd loved him. We loved him. Hire him you will not be disappointed. He was so great we used him for the Welcome Party as well.

Paxton · Married on 09/02/2017

We received lots of compliments from our guests on the music. Tone from ceremony to cocktail hour and dinner to party was perfect. Balance between classics and new music was spot on. Everything was geared exactly for what we wanted.

Diann · Married on 07/15/2017

Lee is a HUGE part of the reason our wedding (July 2017) was so awesome. His music (and lighting!) kept people on the dance floor way longer than I ever could have imagined. In fact, I saw friends and family -- people I've literally never seen dance before -- be persuaded to let loose because it may literally be impossible to sit still when Lee is DJ'ing.

I should add that Lee is incredibly professional, unobtrusive and he gives great advice. In short -- you want this guy on your team for every event where you want people to have fun. Five hugely enthusiastic stars!!!

• W

W · Married on 06/17/2017

I don't generally write reviews, but DJ Chris was so great on our wedding day, I feel like I have to. There was a white-knuckled moment when we had our first DJ drop out on us late in the game but DJ Chris swung in and saved the day. From the first meeting, we could tell we were in the hands of a true professional, not to mention someone who really enjoys his work. On the day of the wedding, his cues and playlists were absolutely seamless, and he was perfect on the microphone – that is, he kept the party moving and lively without being cheesy at all. I saw friends out there dancing who NEVER dance. That tells you something. I recommend DJ Chris to anyone with no hesitation at all.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

So glad you were happy with Chris. He's one of our best and really knows how to read a crowd. We truly appreciate your business and our best wishes to you both!

Jon · Married on 05/27/2017

Lee was an awesome DJ. He really helped create a good vibe in the room that kept everyone dancing. He was really easy to work with and helped us with all our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks Jon, We really appreciate you as a client and enjoyed being part of your special day!

Katy · Married on 04/22/2017

Definitely book Hey Mister DJ! All of our wedding guests commented on how awesome our playlist was, and our friends and family were on the dance floor the whole night. Lee was super professional, nice, and accommodating. He helped get our band set up for the ceremony, and nailed the vibe we were going for during the rehearsal. Can't recommend him highly enough!

jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

great work!!! Will definitely recommend you!

Kellie · Married on 02/19/2017

We used Hey Mister DJ for our wedding and it was a great choice! Unfortunately Lee was already booked but we used Chris and he was AMAZING!! The dance floor was packed the entire night! Some guests even complained that they didn't eat as much as they wanted to because they were too busy dancing! Chris played exactly the type of music we wanted and did a great job reading the crowd. He kept announcements to a minimum and didn't make any weird jokes. All of our guests were raving about DJ Chris at the end of the night! Thanks DJ Chris for helping make our night so memorable!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

So glad to hear it was amazing!
    Sorry I couldn't be there personally but happy that you and DJ Chris connected.
    Our best wishes to you!

joe · Married on 02/03/2017

excellent service!!!!! and very creative!!

Kendal · Married on 10/08/2016

Lee is a pro and a breeze to work with. After we first met him, we immediately felt confident in his expertise and ability to work a crowd. I was very particular with not wanting a stereotypical "cheesy wedding DJ" and Lee is totally cool, no cheese at all. Lee did a great job of pulling songs from our playlist while adding in some of his own (great) choices when he felt like it was needed. So many of our guests commented on how much they loved the music at our wedding! Also, the lighting package we ended up renting through Lee worked out great. It really brought an otherwise boring room to life. There were many things I was stressed about leading up to the big day, but the DJ was not one of them - I had full confidence in Lee and he really did a wonderful job.

Kelli · Married on 09/23/2016

Dealing with Hey Mister DJ was absolutely stress-free and a pleasure to work with. Lee was very accommodating (bi-lingual MC) and his suggestions were spot-on. His set-ups from the time of the ceremony to dinner and dancing went flawlessly and most importantly, my guests loved his music and danced all night. I have nothing but great things to say about Hey Mister DJ and would definitely use them again.