Herrington on the Bay Reviews

Herrington on the Bay 7
  • Karine

Karine · Getting married on 10/11/2019

Herrington on the Bay

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING from start to finish! We just celebrated our wedding at this spectacular venue. More spectacular, was the professionalism, service, attitude, helpfulness, and planning demonstrated by the staff at Herrington. Special shout out to Brielle, Laura, and Hayley for making everything come together even better than we could have imagined! The staff are incredible and were on top of everything and reassuring along the way. The scheduled meetings and deadlines made planning on our end go smoothly. The staff were always available when we had questions and responded very quickly.
    Thank you for making our wedding so special. We are so blessed and grateful!
    If you are planning a wedding in the DMV...look no further than Herrington!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Jill

Jill Cummings · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

I can honestly say Herrington on the Bay was the most beautiful venue and all around amazing experience!

My husband and I just recently got married on September 6th, 2019 and everything went perfectly thanks to the amazing staff, vendors, and scenery.

Brittany and Lexy helped us plan the most perfect day of our lives and during the wedding were present and extremely helpful throughout the entire night! They are both so organized, efficient, and helpful when it comes to anything about weddings!

I highly recommend Herrington on the Bay for anyone who is looking, truly the best!!!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 9
    Herrington on the Bay 10
    Herrington on the Bay 11

Christina Fohl · Married on 08/25/2019

Book this venue!

From the beautiful views to delicious food and friendly staff, Herrington help to create one of the most memorable days of my life. Lexy was especially amazing at helping us plan out the wedding and did a good job of keeping us organized. Our day of coordinator, Jordyn, also did a great job making sure we stuck to the timeline and everything was in place. Herrington went above and beyond to make sure our day went by smoothly and we had everything we needed. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 12
  • Bryanna

Bryanna Schwartz · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing venue!

We just had our wedding August 24th at Herrington and it was the best day of our lives. Special shout-out to Brielle and Laura, who were our planners beforehand and for the day of. They made sure our vision for the day came together seamlessly and were always available to answer any questions we had. Our guests raved about how beautiful the setting was, how smoothly everything went, and how much fun they had. 10/10 - highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Scarlett · Married on 07/28/2019

Best Place to be Married!

My husband and I got married in the Herring Bay Garden on July 28, 2019. This day, and the weekend overall, was the best time of our lives. We made a whole vacation out of the experience. I started my wedding planning experience with Brittany and later worked with Laura who was my planner as well as day-of coordinator. Both Brittany and Laura were always available, answered my many emails, and made the entire process EASY for me! While planning the wedding, I was still in nursing school, so having them to guide me through this was amazing and extremely helpful. Everyone who attended the wedding said it was amazing and the best wedding they've ever been too! The setting was perfect, the weather was gorgeous, the food was BOMB, and everything came together beautifully. I literally could not have pictured a better day. Herrington on the Bay is AMAZING!!!! 10/10 highly recommend to spend the money for this venue!! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 18
  • Joyce

Joyce Whitten · Married on 07/27/2019

Magnificent Wedding Experience

My daughter's wedding was July 27, 2019, and words cannot begin to explain what a wonderful day it was because of the professionalism and attention that the wonderful staff at Herrington provided not to mention the fantastic food. An after wedding breakfast was the perfect finale.

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 19
  • Veronique

Veronique · Married on 07/20/2019

The Perfect Venue

The team at Herrington on the Bay impressed us from start to finish. They were the first venue we looked at and it didn't take long for us to book. Every question we had, they had a better answer than we had imagined. The venue is gorgeous, Brielle and Laura were incredible and so communicative the entire process. Both of them were life savers from the day we booked, They handled everything the day of and things could not have gone more smoothly. The food is incredible, the venue is stunning, and the service you will receive throughout planning your wedding will be fantastic. Thanks for helping us create our dream day!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Scenery

The venue is beautiful and there are so many different places to take pictures, you will have a truly scenic wedding. I waited a bit to write this review because my husband and I loved our wedding and I wasn't quite sure what to write. We started the wedding a little over a year before the actual wedding. We had visited 5 venues before Herrington, and Herrington was the last one because it is so beautiful. The food was amazing. We started out with one planner, got so much done with her then several months later we were told she left. It wasn't a big deal, we had done so much with her that there were notes so the new planner (who was just as good) was able to take over without a hitch. I wasn't worried. We met our day of planner a couple of months later. We met with her, the meeting went well. She even told us that there wasn't another wedding that day so we can take our first look pictures at the other site. A month or two before the wedding we were told that our day-of planner was on leave and we had another new person (who was amazing!). The rehearsal is on you, you won't have a coordinator that day, which might not have been a problem except now the other day of coordinator was going to be there that day to do the ceremony (no one told me until the night before when I called and had another question). She at the ceremony sent me out early before my song came on. I can get over that, no one remembers those details, but being told something that wasn't true bothers me. There was actually another wedding going on that day so our first look was a scramble and someone had to get a hold of Herrington to send their bus early to help all the bridesmaids go to the other site to take pictures. All the while my dad had to drive me over while the photographer drove my husband over to do the first look. Overall the wedding was amazing, the scenery was beyond gorgeous, the food was great, and we got to meet a good chunk of their staff. After all of that, I would still recommend them, because it is beautiful and they are a well-oiled machine that is extremely knowledgable.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Corriveau · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream Wedding

There are not enough stars to give! My husband and I got married here at the Polynesian Lawn and Paradise Ballroom on Friday, June 21, 2019 and it was the best day of our lives. Herrington gave us our dream wedding. From the moment we arrived at the venue we knew it was the one. Stepping onto the Polynesian Lawn I could instantly envision me and my dad walking down the aisle with my husband waiting for me at the end. It is beyond beautiful- right on the water, extremely private, the "altar" is framed with a beautiful wooden pergola and palm trees, and the entire ceremony location is surrounded by perfectly landscaped flowers. Truly breathtaking. Right next door is the Paradise Ballroom which is not your average tent- it is a massive semi-permanent structure that they put up in April and take down during the winter. Absolutely gorgeous! The sides of the tent can be zipped off so you can enjoy the crosswinds and the open, outdoor feel. We had 115 people at our wedding and everyone fit EXTREMELY comfortably. Cocktail hour takes place right outside on the patio so your guests can enjoy a view of the water. Let's talk about the service. Herrington provides the most FANTASTIC service! Every meeting we attended we were offered food & drinks- we got to try a ton of appetizers free of charge and just really felt at home. The food is fantastic! Herrington, specifically Brittany, made the planning process SO easy! I kept feeling like I was forgetting something, but I wasn't! They are absolute pros. The day of the wedding there were no hiccups (or at least none that we knew about!) The staff is extremely professional, the entire day ran on time and most importantly, we were not stressed at all about the details. We knew that we were taken care of and we truly got to enjoy ourselves. Let's talk about the entire venue- there is an inn which I can not recommend enough! The families and wedding party stayed here which was beyond convenient. Thursday night we had our rehearsal dinner at the East Beach tent which I would highly recommend. They also have equipment for a slideshow which was a highlight of the night and the option for a beach bonfire. We LOVED having our wedding here on a Friday because we got to enjoy all day Saturday on the beach! We all had dinner Saturday night at Ketch 22, the restaurant on the property. It was frustrating that Ketch 22 didn't stay open past 11pm since we wanted to have our wedding after party there, but instead we booked the Inn's Osprey and Blue Heron suite (which is essentially a private house) and we threw our own after party which definitely ended up being way more fun! The open house that they have 2x a year was a fantastic way to meet vendors. I would HIGHLY recommend booking with vendors who are familiar with Herrington, ESPECIALLY photographers. The ONLY stressful part with Herrington was the rain back up plan- either to have your guests sit at their tables inside the tent or pay extra for a tent extension to cover the cocktail patio area and have the ceremony there. Talk through these options to make sure you are comfortable. That didn't end up mattering for us- we had the most PERFECT day- breezy, partly cloudy, low 80s with 0% chance of rain. Every time we visited we had good weather. Me, my husband and our families will be eternally grateful to Herrington on the Bay. We plan on visiting it every year to enjoy their amenities and reminisce for hopefully many years to come.

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 28
  • Patricia

Patricia Aro · Married on 06/15/2019

Best weekend ever

As an event planner myself, this is a day I had been imagining since I was 8 years old. Herrington on the Bay blew my expectations away. If you are reading this review and considering Herrington on the Bay...stop now. Book the date you were lucky enough to find. Then, come back and keep reading. My husband Brandon and I cannot even begin to put into words all the great things about this venue and every single one of their team members. From their incredible coordinators/planners, to the chefs, bartenders, facilities crew, and servers every single person at this venue was there to help make our weekend the best one yet. We had the opportunity to work with Lexy, Hayley, and Brittany directly for our big day and send off brunch. They were there for us every second of the planning process from the moment we stepped through their doors until the very last donut and breakfast bite was taken the morning after. They went above and beyond to make sure every single one of our requests could be met and made recommendations for things we had not thought of before. I cannot imagine a more perfect place to have an event with a menu that can become as creative as you want to make it and service that is unmatched by any other. The area is the perfect place for a weekend getaway and is a place many of our guests have told us they will now return to again in the future. Our wedding weekend was a dream and we owe it all to Herrington on the Bay! We made a lifetime of memories in a weekend and hope to return for as many of our anniversaries as we possibly can.

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Herrington on the Bay 35
    Herrington on the Bay 36

Genie · Married on 06/09/2019

Highly recommended!

Venue was spectacular and what makes this place more special are the staff! Brielle and Laura were very professional, flexible, and attentive through the entire process of planning and getting everything organized for our wedding. The weather was very shaky during our wedding day but somehow, everyone was able to make it run smoothly and perfectly. The Inn also has great suites and food was amazing for our reception. Highly recommended and would not hesitate to tell anyone else to have their wedding or any special occasion here.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Just perfect!

The amazing food, Herrington itself as our beautiful venue and Brittany, Laura and & the fabulous staff most of all, created a wonderful, perfect, day to remember!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic wedding venue

Herrington on the bay is such a beautiful venue. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend it for the extraordinary views. Overall, the staff was pleasant but there are certainly all stars in the HOB bunch that will make your experience great

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2019

The best of the best

If you're on the fence about booking with HOTB, DO IT because you will not regret it in the end. We worked with Lexy and every detail was so thought out. She was so professional, friendly, detail-oriented, flexible, and prompt. We are so glad we held our special day there and are forever grateful for all the hard work HOTB put into it!.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Yates · Married on 05/17/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

I don't even know where to begin! Herrington on the Bay was the most instrumental part in our wedding planning. Being able to plan everything right there was the best part. It was so stress-free being able to have almost everything in one place! Seating, linens, food, etc. We just had to pick what we liked! Not only was planning super fun with their two AMAZING team members, Lexy and Brielle, our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Lexy Buchanan and Brielle Woods went above and beyond for us. Lexy helped me take my shoes off and put them back on while I was in-between photos as well as help me carry my train, ask how I was doing, and kept me calm. Brielle helped us pick all the right details and was always just as excited as us. Jordyn Callahan was never far from us if we needed a drink, food, or literally anything else. These team members made our day memorable and we couldn't have done it without them! Our day was filled with the most amazing people, and it was all because of Herrington on the Bay. I'm not sure how to even put into words how perfect our day was but thank you Herrington and team for making our day the most perfect and magical day ever. Thank you!
    -Mr. & Mrs. Brandenburg

Herrington on the Bay 45
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 05/03/2019

The Perfect Wedding

Where to even begin… I cannot recommend Herrington on the Bay enough. My fiancé and I knew from our very first meeting at Herrington that this was the place for us. We felt pampered from the moment we arrived on the beautiful property to have our first meeting. All of the staff are a pleasure to work with; they work with you to customize everything so that the wedding truly fits your vision and help you to stay within your budget. My fiancé and I absolutely loved the food (I think the crab dip is what sold him on the venue) and he actually looked forward to planning meetings because he knew that he would be given snacks at each one. They also make the planning process easy and stress-free; my fiancé and I are both finishing up med school and had a really busy fall, but Herrington totally took care of us every step along the way and made sure that we stayed on track. Most of our vendors were recommended by Herrington as well and we loved working with every single one of them.

Not only have our guests not stopped raving about the food, but they also have not stopped talking about how lovely and relaxing the area is. I’ve had several family members say that they want to come back for a week-long stay! I had a lot of family come in early from out of town and was a bit worried about keeping everyone entertained, but they loved walking around enjoying the beach and the surrounding area.

Herrington continued to wow us when it came to the actual day of our wedding. They made sure that everything ran smoothly, even when we had a few last minute changes in the order of events at our reception. They even give you your own personal waitress to get you food and drinks during the reception, which was amazing. The day was so perfect in every way. We wish that we could do it all over again and are so thankful to Herrington for making our day so special!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Kate

Kate Jefferson · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing experience

Herrington on the Bay is a beautiful venune with an amazing team. We got married on the polynesian lawn and had our reception in the parasise ballroom and could not have had a better experience. Our event designer, Brielle Woods, was with us from the day we toured our venue amd answered any questions we had promptly. Our wedding day ran very smoothly and we have no complaints! Everything was beautiful and the food was incredible.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Alycia

Alycia Princler · Married on 01/25/2019

Best day of my life!!

My husband and I got married at this venue in January of this year. The staff was absolutely amazing, professional and are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. The staff is very knowledgeable and was helpful with creating a food and alcohol package to fit the needs of our big day. The food is absolutely amazing and the kitchen staff was able to provide options for some of our family members that have dietary needs. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding in any season!!!! Thank you Adira and Brittany for making our wedding day, a day that myself, my husband, family and friends will never forget. You both went above and beyond to make our day unique and personal.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing!

Herrington on the Bay gave us the wedding of our dreams! A stress free process from start to finish and the ladies all felt like family at the end! Every wedding planning session was painless and we were always fed! I can't speak enough great words about Herrington on the Bay and all of the wonderful girls. Especially Brielle, Michelle, and Anna. Thank you ladies for making my day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Katy, Thanks to you and Mike for allowing us to create the wedding of your dreams. That is what we strive for with every wedding here at Herrington on the Bay!
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

This place is amazing! We worked with Brielle, our event designer. She was outstanding and helped us plan the most amazing wedding. Adria, our coordinator, was on top of her game and did a great job organizing and constructing our event. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Photograper: 1783Photographer http://1783photography.com

Herrington on the Bay 49
    Herrington on the Bay 50
    Herrington on the Bay 51

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Kelly, Thanks to you and Mike. We are so glad your whole wedding weekend, from the rehearsal dinner through the last dance, was so much fun for you and your guests.

Valerie · Married on 09/16/2018

I had my potential hurricane wedding September 16, 2018! I can not say enough about Brittany, Adria, & this venue! Brittany was helpful every step of the way! The one thing I LOVED about Herrington was how organized they were. I would see the jokes that would be posted online about wedding planning & couldn’t related because Herrington kept us on track with everything! When we learned about hurricane florance in the mid Atlantic it was extremely stressful, Brittany kept me calm every step of the way! The week before my wedding when the hurricane was still going to be felt in Maryland, the owners, tent companies, and event coordinators had a meeting to decided about rescheduling the weekend events, which included mine. Brittany kept me informed with every decision that was made, & explained why each decision was made. Luckily, my wedding was not cancelled, nor was my wedding a hurricane wedding! It was a gorgeous tropical paradise wedding day!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 52

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Valerie, you're so right it was a gorgeous weekend and a tropical paradise for your wedding. Your pictures came out stunning!

Katherine · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing!!!

We decided to do our wedding at Herrington because we were looking at Chesapeake Bay waterfront venues and from the first day we saw it we knew it was the right choice and ended up far exceeding our expectations. This goes for the Inn at Herrington Harbour as well where most of us stayed.

We had the pleasure of working with Brittany as the event planner and Adria as the day of coordinator. They were amazing. Being that we live 5 hours away, we relied heavily on them to make sure everything was handled. Anytime we had any kind of request or needed a solution for even the smallest problem they had an answer. So if you are planning here and think “I don’t want to have to worry about XYZ” ask them and they’ll probably do it for you.

The day of went off without a hitch to the point where not even the smallest thing was out of place. Everything happened on time and how we wanted it to. They even suggested a slight change in timeline when our ceremony was way faster than expected and it ended up being that much better. I can’t say enough about the job they do here. It is truly full service and would recommend it to anyone. Also, if you have the wedding here I highly suggest having the family and bridal party stay at the inn. They are equally accommodating and it makes for a great experience for everyone to be able to be basically on site.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Colleen · Married on 08/05/2018

My wife and I got married in the Herring Bay Garden and had our reception in the Yacht Club. The garden was stunning! Our florist decorated the arch some, but it wasn’t even necessary! We worked primarily with Brielle and Michelle, both of whom were incredibly attentive above and beyond what we would ever expect. The entire venue staff put together a truly gorgeous event and perfected every last detail. Both my wife and several of our friends and family have dietary concerns (allergies, vegetarian, etc) and the kitchen created special (delicious) meals for them all. From start to finish, Herrington was wonderful to work with and we wouldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams on August 4th, 2018 at Herrington on the Bay. Our ceremony was at Herring Bay Garden overlooking the gorgeous Chesapeake Bay with beautiful landscaping and palm trees, and the reception was in the Yacht Club. When we first visited the venue in the fall of 2017, we met the owner, Anna, our event designer, Brielle, and one of the chef’s, Jennifer. They had drinks and food options for us to taste test and spent a lot of time touring us and answering our questions. From day one up until our wedding day, the Herrington staff treated us like royalty and were always so pleasant and professional.

We definitely recommend going to the welcome reception, where we got to try some food and meet their preferred vendors. We were introduced to our day of event coordinator, Lexy, a couple months before our wedding. Lexy and Brielle were extremely responsive, friendly, and gave great recommendations in the planning process, including our DJ and officiant.

Both Brielle and Lexy definitely made us feel at ease every step of the way, and the wedding day was flawless. Brielle was there wedding day and Lexy made sure everything went smoothly and in a timely manner all day. Thank you to Herrington; we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!!!

Vendors we had and definitely recommend:
    Officiant - Ed Choy