Herrington on the Bay Reviews

287 Reviews for Herrington on the Bay

• Beemnet

Beemnet Kebede · Getting married on 08/06/2021

I will come back for our 1 year anniversary

I have had a pleasure working with such enthusiastic and professional staff, Ally and Mary, and other staff on the day of the wedding. The staff was accommodating with pleasant service on our wedding day where the rain-interrupted a small portion of our ceremony. I am so happy we chose this.

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Nikol

Nikol Smith · Getting married on 07/17/2021

Best.day.ever.

We fell in love with Herrington on the Bay from the moment we stepped foot on their beautiful property. Rewind to 2 years ago, we just happened to have one of our first dates at Ketch 22, which lead to us wandering around the beautiful property and absolutely falling in love with the beautiful views, perfectly manicured gardens and sunsets to die for. Once we got engaged on July 3, 2019, we knew that Herrington on the Bay would be top on our list of places to look at for hosting our wedding. Our dream date of July 3, 2020 was still available but sadly the coronavirus pandemic changed absolutely everything. We were like many other couples that were forced to put our wedding plans on hold until it was safe to host an event again. To our delight, about a month before July 3,2020, Herrington on the Bay reopened for small intimate “minimonies” and we were able to get married in an intimate ceremony and celebration for 7 people on our perfect day.

Big kudos to the entire team at Herrington on the Bay, Laura in Event Sales is so extremely responsive, professional, kind and answers every possible question that you could come up with. She is an absolute delight to work with. Mary and Ryan in Events were there to make sure that absolute every single detail was taken care of and did it with grace and poise, even on a hot summer day. Ryan went above and beyond by staying with us the entire ceremony to make sure everyone was happy, had plenty of cool water and towels and even helped take some pictures of the entire group. Best part of the entire experience is that we are booked for July 2021 for a ring ceremony and grand celebration, where we will be able to have our entire family and friends join us in the place that we fell in love with and got married at this year. We can hardly wait!

Sent on 07/15/2020

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Thanks so much Nikol! We are so honored to be a part of your special day and future celebrations! We truly take to heart your kind remarks :)
    -Laura, Mary, Ryan (and the whole team at HOTB!)
  • Ann

Ann Lewis · Married on 10/10/2020

Herrington on the Bay was fantastic!

Thank You to Herrington on the Bay! They made our weekend wedding celebration very special.

First, a very BIG shout-out to the chefs!! Everyone loved the food at the rehearsal dinner, especially the pork and chicken BBQ. It was a very special beginning to a fantastic weekend. The wedding reception dinner and late-night snacks were all great! There were many compliments about the sirloin, Chicken Chesapeake, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Sliders. But the HIT of the night were those milkshakes!! Several people admitted they had several. Needless to say, the Chefs deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, we were so impressed with the attention the bride and groom received. They really appreciated it when they received their very own platter of appetizers! Plus, the server was always checking to see if there was anything they needed. Everyone else received very attentive and accommodating service.

Third, a thank you to everyone who helped with setting up the venue. There were many staff behind the scenes who helped make this celebration a reality. Everything was beautiful!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Jamie Myers · Married on 08/21/2020

Perfect wedding during a pandemic

Whew! What a whirlwind. My husband and I were married in August 2020 after having to postpone due to the pandemic. Our original wedding date was in April 2020. It was a wild ride, but Brittany, Lexy, and Ryan combined forces to make it happen! I've never worked with an organization so responsive to emails. After booking Herrington as our wedding venue in 2018, I knew we had picked a winner. Ryan was an excellent on-site coordinator. He put my parents at ease, which is no small feat during the COVID-19 crisis! Very appreciative of everyone at Herrington who contributed to our special day.

Sent on 08/27/2020

Emma Skelley · Married on 07/24/2020

Stunning Waterfront Venue!

I would recommend Herrington on the Bay to anyone looking to have a waterfront wedding in the DMV area. The gardens are absolutely stunning and the service is top notch! Herrington also implemented extra safety and cleanliness procedures to help keep our guests safe and healthy.

We had to move our original wedding date because of COVID and, for the safety of our guests, we moved our venue space from the indoor Yacht Club to the outdoor Polynesian Lawn and Ballroom. Herrington staff was responsive and helpful every step of the way. Brittany and Jordyn were especially helpful throughout the entire process. Brittany kept us calm and informed throughout the whole planning process and Jordyn was so helpful in the days leading up to and the day of the wedding. We can't thank Herrington enough for helping us have the Best Day Ever!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Casey

Casey Ruth · Married on 05/17/2020

Easy and personable

Herrington on the Bay is absolutely amazing. They are easy to work with, professional yet personal. They ensure all the little details are met. We’ve barely had to lift a finger when them! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Thank you so much Casey!! We are so excited for you and Krys to have everything you imagined for your wedding! It was so wonderful to also be a part of your beautiful engagement :)
    -Laura

Mallory Baxter · Married on 03/09/2020

Perfection

I cannot say enough good things about Herrington on the Bay. Wedding planning is without a doubt, extremely stressful, and it is HARD to pick the right venue! After viewing about five other venues, it was really easy to pick Herrington after meeting with the staff. The staff is without a doubt the hardest workers, so personable, and you can tell they really want to make each and every wedding so special. From the beginning we worked with Maura who was absolutely amazing and able to help with all of our questions and needs. Maura was beyond helpful and extremely quick with getting back to me with any of my questions. We then worked with Lexy for all of our main details and questions. Lexy is probably the kindest person you will ever meet! Lexy was also extremely prompt with answering any questions and always eased any anxiety or stress I had about certain details of the wedding. I had a makeup crisis after our ceremony and Lexy quickly ran to me, asked me for the room number and address for where she could find my makeup bag, drove over there, and was back within 15 minutes to help me fix it! THANK YOU FOR THAT LEXY!!! My day of coordinator was Brittany, and even though you only work with that coordinator for a few days before the wedding and the day of day, I felt like I had known her for much longer when it came time for her to start helping out. Brittany was SO on top of everything and made everything run so smoothly. Her and Lexy together were the dream-team.

Besides the amazing staff, Herrington is just stunning. I have had so many compliments from guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they had seen. Everything ran smoothly and I really felt like I had the most perfect day and wish I could relive it all over! Thank you Herrington for everything!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2019

Thank you Herrington!

My husband and I recently got married on October 26th and everything about the day was perfect! We went to go look at this venue initially in the rain over a year ago, and immediately fell in love (even with it raining!).

We owe the most thanks to Brielle and Jordyn! Literally any question, they got right back to you. Brielle was also extremely helpful in general with advice (I am super indecisive and wedding planning is stressful, so needed some guidance, which she was always willing to provide!)
    Also debated hiring a day of coordinator, but you definitely do not need one if you work with these fantastic ladies!
    Jordyn, our day of coordinator kept me calm during the stress of possible rain, down to the very last second. It didn't rain and it ended up being the perfect day! She ensured everything ran smoothly that day as well.
    Guests also raved about the scenery, the food, and just the night in general.

Best day ever.
    Herrington, Brielle, and Jordyn, we can't thank you guys enough!!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Meghan · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfection and great staff!

All of my guests kept telling us it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. I had the pleasure to work with Lexy and Brandon. They made the process so much easier and less stressful for me. The food, presentation, and attention to detail from my day of coordinator were impeccable. If you’re torn between venues, this is the place to have your “dream wedding!”

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Karine

Karine · Married on 10/11/2019

Herrington on the Bay

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING from start to finish! We just celebrated our wedding at this spectacular venue. More spectacular, was the professionalism, service, attitude, helpfulness, and planning demonstrated by the staff at Herrington. Special shout out to Brielle, Laura, and Hayley for making everything come together even better than we could have imagined! The staff are incredible and were on top of everything and reassuring along the way. The scheduled meetings and deadlines made planning on our end go smoothly. The staff were always available when we had questions and responded very quickly.
    Thank you for making our wedding so special. We are so blessed and grateful!
    If you are planning a wedding in the DMV...look no further than Herrington!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Jill

Jill Cummings · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

I can honestly say Herrington on the Bay was the most beautiful venue and all around amazing experience!

My husband and I just recently got married on September 6th, 2019 and everything went perfectly thanks to the amazing staff, vendors, and scenery.

Brittany and Lexy helped us plan the most perfect day of our lives and during the wedding were present and extremely helpful throughout the entire night! They are both so organized, efficient, and helpful when it comes to anything about weddings!

I highly recommend Herrington on the Bay for anyone who is looking, truly the best!!!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Christina

Christina Fohl · Married on 08/25/2019

Book this venue!

From the beautiful views to delicious food and friendly staff, Herrington help to create one of the most memorable days of my life. Lexy was especially amazing at helping us plan out the wedding and did a good job of keeping us organized. Our day of coordinator, Jordyn, also did a great job making sure we stuck to the timeline and everything was in place. Herrington went above and beyond to make sure our day went by smoothly and we had everything we needed. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Bryanna

Bryanna Schwartz · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing venue!

We just had our wedding August 24th at Herrington and it was the best day of our lives. Special shout-out to Brielle and Laura, who were our planners beforehand and for the day of. They made sure our vision for the day came together seamlessly and were always available to answer any questions we had. Our guests raved about how beautiful the setting was, how smoothly everything went, and how much fun they had. 10/10 - highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Scarlett · Married on 07/28/2019

Best Place to be Married!

My husband and I got married in the Herring Bay Garden on July 28, 2019. This day, and the weekend overall, was the best time of our lives. We made a whole vacation out of the experience. I started my wedding planning experience with Brittany and later worked with Laura who was my planner as well as day-of coordinator. Both Brittany and Laura were always available, answered my many emails, and made the entire process EASY for me! While planning the wedding, I was still in nursing school, so having them to guide me through this was amazing and extremely helpful. Everyone who attended the wedding said it was amazing and the best wedding they've ever been too! The setting was perfect, the weather was gorgeous, the food was BOMB, and everything came together beautifully. I literally could not have pictured a better day. Herrington on the Bay is AMAZING!!!! 10/10 highly recommend to spend the money for this venue!! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Joyce

Joyce Whitten · Married on 07/27/2019

Magnificent Wedding Experience

My daughter's wedding was July 27, 2019, and words cannot begin to explain what a wonderful day it was because of the professionalism and attention that the wonderful staff at Herrington provided not to mention the fantastic food. An after wedding breakfast was the perfect finale.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Veronique

Veronique · Married on 07/20/2019

The Perfect Venue

The team at Herrington on the Bay impressed us from start to finish. They were the first venue we looked at and it didn't take long for us to book. Every question we had, they had a better answer than we had imagined. The venue is gorgeous, Brielle and Laura were incredible and so communicative the entire process. Both of them were life savers from the day we booked, They handled everything the day of and things could not have gone more smoothly. The food is incredible, the venue is stunning, and the service you will receive throughout planning your wedding will be fantastic. Thanks for helping us create our dream day!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Scenery

The venue is beautiful and there are so many different places to take pictures, you will have a truly scenic wedding. I waited a bit to write this review because my husband and I loved our wedding and I wasn't quite sure what to write. We started the wedding a little over a year before the actual wedding. We had visited 5 venues before Herrington, and Herrington was the last one because it is so beautiful. The food was amazing. We started out with one planner, got so much done with her then several months later we were told she left. It wasn't a big deal, we had done so much with her that there were notes so the new planner (who was just as good) was able to take over without a hitch. I wasn't worried. We met our day of planner a couple of months later. We met with her, the meeting went well. She even told us that there wasn't another wedding that day so we can take our first look pictures at the other site. A month or two before the wedding we were told that our day-of planner was on leave and we had another new person (who was amazing!). The rehearsal is on you, you won't have a coordinator that day, which might not have been a problem except now the other day of coordinator was going to be there that day to do the ceremony (no one told me until the night before when I called and had another question). She at the ceremony sent me out early before my song came on. I can get over that, no one remembers those details, but being told something that wasn't true bothers me. There was actually another wedding going on that day so our first look was a scramble and someone had to get a hold of Herrington to send their bus early to help all the bridesmaids go to the other site to take pictures. All the while my dad had to drive me over while the photographer drove my husband over to do the first look. Overall the wedding was amazing, the scenery was beyond gorgeous, the food was great, and we got to meet a good chunk of their staff. After all of that, I would still recommend them, because it is beautiful and they are a well-oiled machine that is extremely knowledgable.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Corriveau · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream Wedding

There are not enough stars to give! My husband and I got married here at the Polynesian Lawn and Paradise Ballroom on Friday, June 21, 2019 and it was the best day of our lives. Herrington gave us our dream wedding. From the moment we arrived at the venue we knew it was the one. Stepping onto the Polynesian Lawn I could instantly envision me and my dad walking down the aisle with my husband waiting for me at the end. It is beyond beautiful- right on the water, extremely private, the "altar" is framed with a beautiful wooden pergola and palm trees, and the entire ceremony location is surrounded by perfectly landscaped flowers. Truly breathtaking. Right next door is the Paradise Ballroom which is not your average tent- it is a massive semi-permanent structure that they put up in April and take down during the winter. Absolutely gorgeous! The sides of the tent can be zipped off so you can enjoy the crosswinds and the open, outdoor feel. We had 115 people at our wedding and everyone fit EXTREMELY comfortably. Cocktail hour takes place right outside on the patio so your guests can enjoy a view of the water. Let's talk about the service. Herrington provides the most FANTASTIC service! Every meeting we attended we were offered food & drinks- we got to try a ton of appetizers free of charge and just really felt at home. The food is fantastic! Herrington, specifically Brittany, made the planning process SO easy! I kept feeling like I was forgetting something, but I wasn't! They are absolute pros. The day of the wedding there were no hiccups (or at least none that we knew about!) The staff is extremely professional, the entire day ran on time and most importantly, we were not stressed at all about the details. We knew that we were taken care of and we truly got to enjoy ourselves. Let's talk about the entire venue- there is an inn which I can not recommend enough! The families and wedding party stayed here which was beyond convenient. Thursday night we had our rehearsal dinner at the East Beach tent which I would highly recommend. They also have equipment for a slideshow which was a highlight of the night and the option for a beach bonfire. We LOVED having our wedding here on a Friday because we got to enjoy all day Saturday on the beach! We all had dinner Saturday night at Ketch 22, the restaurant on the property. It was frustrating that Ketch 22 didn't stay open past 11pm since we wanted to have our wedding after party there, but instead we booked the Inn's Osprey and Blue Heron suite (which is essentially a private house) and we threw our own after party which definitely ended up being way more fun! The open house that they have 2x a year was a fantastic way to meet vendors. I would HIGHLY recommend booking with vendors who are familiar with Herrington, ESPECIALLY photographers. The ONLY stressful part with Herrington was the rain back up plan- either to have your guests sit at their tables inside the tent or pay extra for a tent extension to cover the cocktail patio area and have the ceremony there. Talk through these options to make sure you are comfortable. That didn't end up mattering for us- we had the most PERFECT day- breezy, partly cloudy, low 80s with 0% chance of rain. Every time we visited we had good weather. Me, my husband and our families will be eternally grateful to Herrington on the Bay. We plan on visiting it every year to enjoy their amenities and reminisce for hopefully many years to come.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia Aro · Married on 06/15/2019

Best weekend ever

As an event planner myself, this is a day I had been imagining since I was 8 years old. Herrington on the Bay blew my expectations away. If you are reading this review and considering Herrington on the Bay...stop now. Book the date you were lucky enough to find. Then, come back and keep reading. My husband Brandon and I cannot even begin to put into words all the great things about this venue and every single one of their team members. From their incredible coordinators/planners, to the chefs, bartenders, facilities crew, and servers every single person at this venue was there to help make our weekend the best one yet. We had the opportunity to work with Lexy, Hayley, and Brittany directly for our big day and send off brunch. They were there for us every second of the planning process from the moment we stepped through their doors until the very last donut and breakfast bite was taken the morning after. They went above and beyond to make sure every single one of our requests could be met and made recommendations for things we had not thought of before. I cannot imagine a more perfect place to have an event with a menu that can become as creative as you want to make it and service that is unmatched by any other. The area is the perfect place for a weekend getaway and is a place many of our guests have told us they will now return to again in the future. Our wedding weekend was a dream and we owe it all to Herrington on the Bay! We made a lifetime of memories in a weekend and hope to return for as many of our anniversaries as we possibly can.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Genie

Genie · Married on 06/09/2019

Highly recommended!

Venue was spectacular and what makes this place more special are the staff! Brielle and Laura were very professional, flexible, and attentive through the entire process of planning and getting everything organized for our wedding. The weather was very shaky during our wedding day but somehow, everyone was able to make it run smoothly and perfectly. The Inn also has great suites and food was amazing for our reception. Highly recommended and would not hesitate to tell anyone else to have their wedding or any special occasion here.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Just perfect!

The amazing food, Herrington itself as our beautiful venue and Brittany, Laura and & the fabulous staff most of all, created a wonderful, perfect, day to remember!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic wedding venue

Herrington on the bay is such a beautiful venue. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend it for the extraordinary views. Overall, the staff was pleasant but there are certainly all stars in the HOB bunch that will make your experience great

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2019

The best of the best

If you're on the fence about booking with HOTB, DO IT because you will not regret it in the end. We worked with Lexy and every detail was so thought out. She was so professional, friendly, detail-oriented, flexible, and prompt. We are so glad we held our special day there and are forever grateful for all the hard work HOTB put into it!.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Yates · Married on 05/17/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

I don't even know where to begin! Herrington on the Bay was the most instrumental part in our wedding planning. Being able to plan everything right there was the best part. It was so stress-free being able to have almost everything in one place! Seating, linens, food, etc. We just had to pick what we liked! Not only was planning super fun with their two AMAZING team members, Lexy and Brielle, our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Lexy Buchanan and Brielle Woods went above and beyond for us. Lexy helped me take my shoes off and put them back on while I was in-between photos as well as help me carry my train, ask how I was doing, and kept me calm. Brielle helped us pick all the right details and was always just as excited as us. Jordyn Callahan was never far from us if we needed a drink, food, or literally anything else. These team members made our day memorable and we couldn't have done it without them! Our day was filled with the most amazing people, and it was all because of Herrington on the Bay. I'm not sure how to even put into words how perfect our day was but thank you Herrington and team for making our day the most perfect and magical day ever. Thank you!
    -Mr. & Mrs. Brandenburg