Herrington on the Bay Reviews

Herrington on the Bay 7
  • Michelle

Michelle Yates · Married on 05/17/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

I don't even know where to begin! Herrington on the Bay was the most instrumental part in our wedding planning. Being able to plan everything right there was the best part. It was so stress-free being able to have almost everything in one place! Seating, linens, food, etc. We just had to pick what we liked! Not only was planning super fun with their two AMAZING team members, Lexy and Brielle, our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Lexy Buchanan and Brielle Woods went above and beyond for us. Lexy helped me take my shoes off and put them back on while I was in-between photos as well as help me carry my train, ask how I was doing, and kept me calm. Brielle helped us pick all the right details and was always just as excited as us. Jordyn Callahan was never far from us if we needed a drink, food, or literally anything else. These team members made our day memorable and we couldn't have done it without them! Our day was filled with the most amazing people, and it was all because of Herrington on the Bay. I'm not sure how to even put into words how perfect our day was but thank you Herrington and team for making our day the most perfect and magical day ever. Thank you!
    -Mr. & Mrs. Brandenburg

Herrington on the Bay 17
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 05/03/2019

The Perfect Wedding

Where to even begin… I cannot recommend Herrington on the Bay enough. My fiancé and I knew from our very first meeting at Herrington that this was the place for us. We felt pampered from the moment we arrived on the beautiful property to have our first meeting. All of the staff are a pleasure to work with; they work with you to customize everything so that the wedding truly fits your vision and help you to stay within your budget. My fiancé and I absolutely loved the food (I think the crab dip is what sold him on the venue) and he actually looked forward to planning meetings because he knew that he would be given snacks at each one. They also make the planning process easy and stress-free; my fiancé and I are both finishing up med school and had a really busy fall, but Herrington totally took care of us every step along the way and made sure that we stayed on track. Most of our vendors were recommended by Herrington as well and we loved working with every single one of them.

Not only have our guests not stopped raving about the food, but they also have not stopped talking about how lovely and relaxing the area is. I’ve had several family members say that they want to come back for a week-long stay! I had a lot of family come in early from out of town and was a bit worried about keeping everyone entertained, but they loved walking around enjoying the beach and the surrounding area.

Herrington continued to wow us when it came to the actual day of our wedding. They made sure that everything ran smoothly, even when we had a few last minute changes in the order of events at our reception. They even give you your own personal waitress to get you food and drinks during the reception, which was amazing. The day was so perfect in every way. We wish that we could do it all over again and are so thankful to Herrington for making our day so special!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing!

Herrington on the Bay gave us the wedding of our dreams! A stress free process from start to finish and the ladies all felt like family at the end! Every wedding planning session was painless and we were always fed! I can't speak enough great words about Herrington on the Bay and all of the wonderful girls. Especially Brielle, Michelle, and Anna. Thank you ladies for making my day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Katy, Thanks to you and Mike for allowing us to create the wedding of your dreams. That is what we strive for with every wedding here at Herrington on the Bay!
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

This place is amazing! We worked with Brielle, our event designer. She was outstanding and helped us plan the most amazing wedding. Adria, our coordinator, was on top of her game and did a great job organizing and constructing our event. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Photograper: 1783Photographer http://1783photography.com

Herrington on the Bay 21
    Herrington on the Bay 22
    Herrington on the Bay 23

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Kelly, Thanks to you and Mike. We are so glad your whole wedding weekend, from the rehearsal dinner through the last dance, was so much fun for you and your guests.

Valerie · Married on 09/16/2018

I had my potential hurricane wedding September 16, 2018! I can not say enough about Brittany, Adria, & this venue! Brittany was helpful every step of the way! The one thing I LOVED about Herrington was how organized they were. I would see the jokes that would be posted online about wedding planning & couldn’t related because Herrington kept us on track with everything! When we learned about hurricane florance in the mid Atlantic it was extremely stressful, Brittany kept me calm every step of the way! The week before my wedding when the hurricane was still going to be felt in Maryland, the owners, tent companies, and event coordinators had a meeting to decided about rescheduling the weekend events, which included mine. Brittany kept me informed with every decision that was made, & explained why each decision was made. Luckily, my wedding was not cancelled, nor was my wedding a hurricane wedding! It was a gorgeous tropical paradise wedding day!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 24

Herrington on the Bay's reply:

Hi Valerie, you're so right it was a gorgeous weekend and a tropical paradise for your wedding. Your pictures came out stunning!

Katherine · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing!!!

We decided to do our wedding at Herrington because we were looking at Chesapeake Bay waterfront venues and from the first day we saw it we knew it was the right choice and ended up far exceeding our expectations. This goes for the Inn at Herrington Harbour as well where most of us stayed.

We had the pleasure of working with Brittany as the event planner and Adria as the day of coordinator. They were amazing. Being that we live 5 hours away, we relied heavily on them to make sure everything was handled. Anytime we had any kind of request or needed a solution for even the smallest problem they had an answer. So if you are planning here and think “I don’t want to have to worry about XYZ” ask them and they’ll probably do it for you.

The day of went off without a hitch to the point where not even the smallest thing was out of place. Everything happened on time and how we wanted it to. They even suggested a slight change in timeline when our ceremony was way faster than expected and it ended up being that much better. I can’t say enough about the job they do here. It is truly full service and would recommend it to anyone. Also, if you have the wedding here I highly suggest having the family and bridal party stay at the inn. They are equally accommodating and it makes for a great experience for everyone to be able to be basically on site.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Colleen · Married on 08/05/2018

My wife and I got married in the Herring Bay Garden and had our reception in the Yacht Club. The garden was stunning! Our florist decorated the arch some, but it wasn’t even necessary! We worked primarily with Brielle and Michelle, both of whom were incredibly attentive above and beyond what we would ever expect. The entire venue staff put together a truly gorgeous event and perfected every last detail. Both my wife and several of our friends and family have dietary concerns (allergies, vegetarian, etc) and the kitchen created special (delicious) meals for them all. From start to finish, Herrington was wonderful to work with and we wouldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams on August 4th, 2018 at Herrington on the Bay. Our ceremony was at Herring Bay Garden overlooking the gorgeous Chesapeake Bay with beautiful landscaping and palm trees, and the reception was in the Yacht Club. When we first visited the venue in the fall of 2017, we met the owner, Anna, our event designer, Brielle, and one of the chef’s, Jennifer. They had drinks and food options for us to taste test and spent a lot of time touring us and answering our questions. From day one up until our wedding day, the Herrington staff treated us like royalty and were always so pleasant and professional.

We definitely recommend going to the welcome reception, where we got to try some food and meet their preferred vendors. We were introduced to our day of event coordinator, Lexy, a couple months before our wedding. Lexy and Brielle were extremely responsive, friendly, and gave great recommendations in the planning process, including our DJ and officiant.

Both Brielle and Lexy definitely made us feel at ease every step of the way, and the wedding day was flawless. Brielle was there wedding day and Lexy made sure everything went smoothly and in a timely manner all day. Thank you to Herrington; we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!!!

Vendors we had and definitely recommend:
    Officiant - Ed Choy
    Honeymoon Travel - Christi w/ Travel Bug

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Kyrie

Kyrie · Married on 07/28/2018

Would recommend to anyone!

Herrington on the bay was beyond perfect for us! My now husband and I had the wedding better than we had ever dreamed of, and the staff (from our coordinators, to the accountants, to the chefs, wait staff, and bartenders) were absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 25

Venke · Married on 07/14/2018

Herrington on the Bay was the PERFECT place to have our dream wedding! The location is absolutely beautiful, the gourmet food was impeccable, and our wedding designer, Brielle, made it a literal dream come true. She made the entire planning process much easier than I could imagine. I highly recommend Herrington on the Bay for your special day!

Some photos from our special day:

Sent on 07/22/2018

Kate · Married on 07/14/2018

I would get married here all over again if I could! Their grounds are absolutely stunning, with the water and the flowers/trees. In addition to their grounds, their staff was amazing! They were so helpful with choosing everything, from food, to the bar package to the decorations! I can't say enough good things about Herrington!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Bobby · Married on 07/13/2018

We are so happy we chose Herrington for our special day! From the very first meeting where we were offered a sampling of their excellent food to the very last meeting, Mary and then Jessie were thorough to the last detail, and we ended up with a beautiful July Friday. We were a bit worried when our original day of planner left Herrington only a couple weeks before our wedding, but they worked with us to make sure we were comfortable, and Jessie turned out to be excellent. She even worked with us to do a special boat exit that we originally thought we couldn't do. What a perfect day, and highly recommend!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Haifa · Married on 07/13/2018

After visiting many wedding venues in Maryland and New York our daughter Nayla and her fiance Bobby decided to hold their wedding at Herringtom Bay. Our first visit was in the FALL Thanksgiving weekend . We were thrilled and loved the venue when we saw it as a family. It gave the romantic feel and offered beautiful scenery of the Bay . the grounds were nicely sculptiured with multicolored flowers and greens.

Mary, Event Designer had planned a very warm welcome with coffee and champagne to ours and Bobby's family. Then she gave us a comprehensive tour of the compound with the options of indoor and outdoor venues . We asked all the questions we could think of.

The planning meetings during the year happened to take place on real heavy rain days.Mary shuttled us in a van and took care of all small details of umbrellas and drop off spots to the different parts of the venue and always gracious. What confirmed our good choice is the process. In between meetings emails flowed back and forth and Mary made us feel that she was taking the planning journey with us. We asked all questions and she responded in details offering alternatives and options as the planning moved forward. We definitely enjoyed the reception weekend which is a very useful experience. At that event in December we were treated to sampling a variety of foods and cuisines that Herrington offers as menu for the wedding . We also had an opportunity to meet many vendors at the same place and time . So we ended up contracting the photographer and florist . This opportunity saves great amount of time and is a good reference.

Our Special Coordinator Jesse has been a delight to work with . Talk about problem solving ! Her attention to details her graciousness and patience are inspiring during the count down to the Wedding Day. She was awesome especially when it comes to little loose ends on the wedding day itself. She is on top of her game;Very organized and most gracious !!!

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2018

Herrington on the Bay was a dream come true! Brielle was truly amazing to work with. No matter what she was there every step of the way, to answer any questions, to help with ideas, etc. She always had the answer to any question and if she didn't, she would get the answer and get right back to me. She gave me layouts and timelines to help me stay organized and anything I needed to change or adjust, she would update it to how I liked it. Brielle made the wedding planning process very stress free. Herrington on the Bay was there to help my big day run smoothly and make my Disney fairy tale wedding perfect! The food was delicious! So many guests raved about the dinner! All of my centerpieces, decorations, napkins, plates, etc were in perfect placing. They made sure everything was set up according to my layout. Jordan was always there to serve us! She was great! Samantha was on top of the timeline to make it run smooth! Herrington on the Bay is a beautiful venue to get married at and they are so helpful! Thank you Herrington on the Bay for giving us our Happily Ever After! Love, Nicole and Brian Follmeyer 07.07.18

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 26
    Herrington on the Bay 27
    Herrington on the Bay 28
    Herrington on the Bay 29
    Herrington on the Bay 30
    Herrington on the Bay 31

Nick · Married on 06/23/2018

Dream venue!!! Herrington on the Bay is first class. Everything from the pre-wedding meetings and planning to the actual execution was beyond perfect. The location itself cannot be beaten! We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception while all of our guests stayed on the property all at Herring on the Bay. Brittany is a true delight to work with! She made us feel valued, special and thought of all the small details to make our day absolutely perfect. We could not have had a better planned and executed day thanks to all the staff at Herrington on the Bay. We are forever grateful and will highly recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 32

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2018

There are no words to express how incredibly grateful my husband and I are to the team at Herrington on the Bay for how successful our special day turned out to be. After an almost two-year engagement, months of excitement had been building up, leading up to what would be the most amazing day of our lives. Months of planning, from big picture to the tiniest detail, and we never once felt like the HOTB staff wasn’t there to support us.

Let’s start at the beginning: My husband I were introduced to Brittany at the beginning of our planning stages. We were still settling in on a date, and a variety of variables including school and work schedules, were still up in the air to determine whether our wedding would take place in the Summer of ’17 or ’18. Brittany created multiple quotes for each scenario that we were considering, enabling us to compare and come to the decision that fit best for us.

Once we had a date, Brittany got right to work on every detail. My husband and I are both planners, and came with a binder-full (an actual binder-full) of ideas, samples and specifics of what we wanted to include. Brittany took our ideas and rolled with them, and offered us her own insights that helped tie everything together!

Flash-forward a couple of months, and we are introduced to our day-of coordinator, Sam. Sam was incredible! She worked with all of our vendors to ensure every detail was taken care of, and that we were free to enjoy every moment of our big day! Lexy and Kelsey were also instrumental in helping make everything such a success. Lexy is such a joy to be around and makes everyone feel at ease and seemed to be there to help every time the smallest issue arose! And at the eleventh hour, when we could not get our DIY programs printed, Kelsey came to the rescue and took so much time out of her day to help us get them printed in the office. The entire team makes it their mission to make your wedding day perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 40
    Herrington on the Bay 41
    Herrington on the Bay 42

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2018

Herrington gave us the wedding of our dreams! We got married over Labor Day weekend in 2017 - wanting a mini destination wedding weekend, coming from PA. Not only did Herrington work with us throughout the process being a bit further away but they were incredibly responsive, helpful and informative every step of the way. We worked with Brielle as our event designer - she provided fantastic recommendations for vendors within our budget, timeline, menu, floor plan and more. She answered all of my many questions and spent all the time we needed finalizing every detail - even helping us with a rehearsal dinner and other weekend events. We cannot thank Brielle enough for helping us create the wedding vision I had in my head! We worked with Heather as our day of coordinator - she was fabulous- helping set up all the decorations I had planned and provided and patiently making sure she understood everything we wanted to have included in our reception. I would recommend Herrington time and time again!

Sent on 01/15/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 43
    Herrington on the Bay 44
    Herrington on the Bay 45
    Herrington on the Bay 46
    Herrington on the Bay 47
    Herrington on the Bay 48

Sherri · Married on 05/20/2018

We literally could not have had a better experience, than from working with the staff at Herrington on the Bay. The setting was beautiful, and the staff were impeccable in their approach to ensuring the happiness and success of our wedding. The staff was extremely responsive, attentive and professional. They answered my emails promptly and gave clear direction and information. They communicated frequently and effectively. We worked directly with Gina and Brittany and they were so amazing at ensuring every detail was covered and also gave opinions when asked.
    Herrington on the Bay has the most amazing food. And we were so happy that everytime we went, they were there with drinks and snacks for us to try. Their vendor fair is amazing! Definitely go, if you get the opportunity. When working with our vendors, they were also relieved when we said our wedding was being held at Herrington, because they are so well respected within the wedding community. We whole-heartedly recommend Herrington on the Bay! You, your family and your guests will be so happy to have the Herrington experience!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 49

Marla · Married on 05/19/2018

I just had my wedding at Herrington and it was the wedding of my dreams! From the moment I went to my first consult with Mary, to the day of the event it was the best guest service I’d ever recieved. Samantha was my coordinator and kept me informed on what was happening and when. I was amazed at the level of organization they have as a team. The venue includes so many great things including food and alcohol. Plus they gave me a list complete with all the venders and hotels in the area just in case I needed them. I looked at multiple venues in the area before settling on this one and I’m soooo happy I did!!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Julia · Married on 05/12/2018

We got married on May 18, 2018, at the Paradise Ballroom and Polynesian Lawn. We had Brittany and Gina as our coordinators and they were by far the nost amazing, sweet, organized, patient, nicest people I know. Unfortunately, it rained the entire week, including the day of, our wedding. Both Brittany and Gina helped to ease my nerves and we came up with a game plan that I knew would be awesome. The morning of, Gina came to our suite and ran through the day with me and made sure minor adjustments were made without any hesitation. I could go on and on, this venue and team were lifesavers. If I planned my wedding over again, I would book them again. The only thing I would change is the weather haha. Thank you for making our dream come true!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 50
    Herrington on the Bay 51
  • Y

Yang · Married on 05/05/2018

Everything went super well for our wedding, and HOTB are truly amazing because they really are the professionals and they were very organized! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Cristina · Married on 04/20/2018

I wouldn’t have changed a thing! Such an amazing venue and amazing team of people working my wedding! So happy with our decision to use this venue! I would strongly suggest this venue to anyone looking for a venue on the water!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Katy · Married on 12/30/2017

In a word...FLAWLESS. The moment we walked in the door and met Brielle, we knew we had found our venue. She was so warm and clearly loves what she does, we just knew this was it. We planned our NYE wedding in about 6 months, and since we are from our of town the vendor list they trusted proved to be absolutely amazing. I don't think we will ever be able to express how appreciative we are of all the hard work and love that the staff put into throwing us the most amazing wedding. Our guests are still raving about the food, the service, the music, and how gorgeous the venue was. It was super cold, but it felt cozy and like home in the building. Brielle and Heather went above and beyond to take care of everything for me after my grandmother ended up in the hospital the night of the rehearsal. I dropped 30 clocks that needed batteries and to have their times set on their laps at 11am for our 7:30pm ceremony, and they scooped it up and handled it like true pros. Everything went perfectly, and the staff at Herrington is second to none. It was truly a night that we will never forget, and it's all thanks to the wonderful people who work at Herrington. The only thing I wish is that we could do it all over again! Thank you so much for making our dreams a reality. You all are FANTASTIC!!!

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Herrington on the Bay 52
    Herrington on the Bay 53
    Herrington on the Bay 54
    Herrington on the Bay 55

Terrie · Married on 11/25/2017

High praise, high praise for Herrington on The Bay! The event planners, chef and event staff did a fantastic job for our wedding. The venue was beautiful - from the water edge ceremony at "Herrington Bay Garden" to the eloquent "Yacht House" capped by the incredible food by the Chef. The attentiveness of the staff before, during and after our wedding makes Herrington on The Bay a superiorly professional venue.

Sent on 12/04/2017