90 Reviews for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club

Dance Floor (4)
Furniture (4)
Lighting/Sound (1)
90 Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club Reviews

I honestly don't write reviews very often, but I'm going to for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club. Planning a wedding and reception can be very stressful. And then once you have it all planned out, you cross your fingers and hope things go relatively smoothly.

The staff at Heritage Hunt, especially Kara, the Catering & Event Coordinator, made the planning and execution of the wedding reception seamless. We had all of the usual last minute requests, need for additional space, additional unexpected guests, special meals requests, complicated center pieces, etc., etc. Kara was unfailingly accommodating, professional, calm, and pleasant. Kara and her staff didn't just do everything she promised, they went above and beyond in ensuring that everything was as we expected and more. We were all actually able to enjoy the reception, not worry about things going wrong. We are still getting positive feedback about the reception, and not one complaint.

Profile Picture Maria, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing wedding experience at Heritage Hunt! Kara, the wedding coordinator was such a huge help to us throughout the entire process and was so kind and accommodating to us and any little things that came up. The staff on the day of the wedding were so helpful as well! The food was absolutely amazing and the venue itself is so gorgeous! The prices were totally reasonable and they were honest and upfront about how much things would cost, and very flexible with different aspects. I would recommend having your wedding reception or event here in a heartbeat! I wouldn’t give it a second thought! :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I’ll be honest with you... we didn’t want to look at a country club for our wedding but I’m glad we looked here. It was the absolute great and beautiful event, we couldn’t be any happier with it. The staff members were experts, food was amazing delicious, key spots for picture were perfect, and the price was spot on! Make sure you add this location to your list and make it a priority

Photo
Profile Picture Brian, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

I love this as a wedding venue. Great views, great outdoor space, great food. Its elegant ballroom can hold a large group of wedding guests and Kara is a dream to work with!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 12/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I'm not usually one to leave 5-star reviews, so this really means that Heritage Hunt did an excellent job with our wedding. Kara Birkenfeld, the venue coordinator, did an excellent job of touching base with us and coordinating everything leading up to the event. She was unbelievably organized and responsive to our requests. We had a cultural wedding (Palestinian) and it was a bit out-of-the-norm from what the venue is probably used to, but they responded beautifully. They handled everything, and when other vendors were not so responsive, it was a great help to have Kara be so responsive.
Heritage Hunt was also the best price we found for country clubs in the northern Virginia area, and since cost-cutting was a huge goal of ours (we had a 270-person wedding reception), this was a huge deal for us. To get the service we got at the price we paid, I really couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture Omar, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at Heritage Hunt Country Club made our wedding stress free. We cannot thank them enough for all their help throuhhout this whole process. You all were, and are, excellent. Thank you all very much.

Profile Picture Rana, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's hard to put into words how great of an experience I have had planning and having my wedding at Heritage Hunt. From my first correspondence with Cary to officially booking this venue to working with Kara; everything was spot on. I knew that my wedding was going to be great and the look of the venue was exactly what I was looking for. Kara made sure things went seamlessly from the get go. I knew I could count on her to make the right things happen at the right time. And they were so accommodating to ANY and ALL requests made. :) Definitely consider having your special day here!

Profile Picture Erin , 11/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up

Cary, Kara, Chef Kris and the rest of the team made our rehearsal dinner at Marsh Mansion and our wedding reception in the Great Oak Ballroom easy to set up and beautiful to experience. They were all very patient and provided helpful suggestions when needed. During the reception, Cary tracked down overlooked items for us and even fixed a technical glitch with our slideshow - with a smile and never breaking a sweat! The team actively attending to each detail allowed our family and friends to truly enjoy our special day together.

Profile Picture M, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The entire venue was perfect! Food was delicious and staff were on their toes and never missed a beat! The Mansion was beautiful and decorated so tastefully. Perfect night.

Profile Picture Bretta, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held here, and everything was so easy! The tasting was a fun event---deciding on which entrees/sides was the difficult part. I think we chose well: the plated dinner was filling and delicious. The presentation of the food was attractive and the staff was efficient in serving in a timely manner. The wedding was supposed to be outdoors, but the weather started to grow "iffy". Heritage Hunt Staff was keeping an eye on the radar and offering a slight adaptation to the timeline in order to facilitate an outdoor wedding. In the end, the bride & groom chose to have an indoor ceremony. The staff flipped the room with professional flexibility---while maintaining smiles and positive attitudes. The whole staff seemed genuinely happy to be working the event; if there was any negative morale, it was well hidden. We provided the place-cards and party-favors to Heritage Hunt, and we didn't have to spend any time decorating or arranging. Everything was beautifully arranged by the time we arrived. It was a great day. We were able to enjoy the festivities without having to spend any of our time telling the staff what needed to be done.

Profile Picture Oma, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We couldn’t have made a better decision on using HH for our special day! The staff is amazing and so helpful. Kara was there throughout the entire process and made sure we were 100% satisfied. So thankful for Kara and the HH team!

Photo for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club Review - Such beautiful scenery!
Profile Picture Julisa, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

A huge THANK YOU to the staff at Heritage Hunt for making my wedding day a beautiful, memorable event. Kara was so fantastic to work with! She was pleasant, patient and flexible throughout the entire planning process. Additionally, the food was phenomenal! I would highly recommend this venue for any event!

Profile Picture Naomi, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Once we toured Heritage Hunt, we immediately knew it was where we were going to get married. Kara, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. I can't say enough great things about her. She always responded so fast and was able to fulfill any requests we had. On the big day she was able to get us and our bridal party where we needed to be on time. The food was great- we had pork medallions and crab stuffed flounder. We planned our wedding from Florida so we wanted a venue that was going to include everything (tables, chairs, catering, alcohol, etc.) so we had less vendors to worry about and Heritage Hunt was great for that. Our wedding day was perfect and I would highly recommend Heritage Hunt!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Cari and Kara were fantastic! This is the most beautiful and easy venue you could have! Everything done right there including rehearsal dinner at the Mansion with professional staff! This is been already titled the best wedding our guests have ever been to. They can not stop talking about it! Thank you Kara!

Profile Picture Victor, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue and grounds, delicious food, attention to details, very personalized service, excellent value for services provided!

Profile Picture Christie , 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding could not have been any better! When we first visited Heritage Hunt, we knew instantly that this location would be the perfect venue for our 65 person wedding. Words cannot express how AMAZING Kara has been throughout the entire process! She is super friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. She was super easy to work with very helpful with every detail. We could not have asked for a better Coordinator and cannot thank her enough for making our day even more special. We would also like to thank and point out that the Banquet Manager and staff were also instrumental in making our day run smoothly. Everyone was exceptional and so grateful for the HH team. We will have great memories that will last a lifetime!!

Profile Picture Ruby, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

Beautiful and private venue. Great value compared to other venues we visited. Flexible and accommodating throughout the process with requests, guest count changes, etc. Great service and food.

Profile Picture Ly, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The venue was AMAZING! It putdidnmy expectations. I will start with the whole booking process - it was smooth and very flexible - Cary was great at responinf and helping us with our questions- she took time to explain everything. Once we booked we met Kara - she was not only our wedding coordinator but has become more like a friend to us. She has been amazingly helpful , patient, and puts so much of herself into the wedding - she truly made our day special being a part of it she is amazing and i can't thank her enough.

The one thing i will mention is for couples doing outdoor ceremony - beware of rain and weather as the venue's plan B is the reception ballroom - although i was SUPER anxious about it Since the rain ruined our outdoor ceremony - kara made my nightmare into a dream!! The ceremony was inside but it was BEAUTIFUL how she coordinated it! She made me feel at ease and calm and helped us through everything!!!

There was some mixup at dinner and following the wedding day schedule to make sure we get our first dance, slideshow speech and father daughter sance in - but understandbly the crew was super busy doing dinner set up since our schedule was centered around the same time to happen this got delayed and i had to mention to them to do it but for future brides - MAKE THIS YOUR DJ, MC AND OR WEDDING PLANNERS RESPONSIBILITY - they cannot handle EVERYTHING your bridezilla self throws at them (lol).

All in all - loved this place and the team. Kara , thabk you for all you did for us and sorry my bridezilla came out but you handled it so professionally and did your part. You are amazing. We love you and all of the heritage crew!!

Profile Picture fojan, 5/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The wedding event is excellent arrange by Kara who is doing such a great job in coordinating from rehearsal to the actual day. She is the best and work professional in every detail. mother of the bride/Hilda

Profile Picture hilda, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

These people are amazing! So much attention to detail, so nice and caring. They even asked me if I wanted to move my entire ceremony outside because they had been paying attention to the weather for me. They made sure we had special meals as we don't eat meat. They made sure we had snacks during photos and treated us like royalty. The price so so affordable too! I could not recommend this place more. Kara specifically was the best! She was the mastermind behind the magic.

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue with such an amazing staff! Will be referring friends and family here for their special events.

Profile Picture LC, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Cary and the staff at Heritage Hunt. They made our wedding weekend absolutely PERFECT and most importantly stress free!! We honestly did not need to worry about any detail because they had everything completely under control. The venue itself was immaculate and absolutely beautiful... from the Marsh Mansion for our rehearsal dinner, to the outdoor ceremony, and the ballroom reception. Each staff member was very professional, cheerful, and extremely helpful! They definitely helped make our dream wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff here at Heritage are beyond amazing. They all help make my wedding dreams come true. Everything was absolutely wonderful. They worked quick, and fixed all the issues that came up that day. I can't believe I spent a month looking for a venue when they were 10 minutes away. I am so glad I found them in time. Thank you Kara and Cary for everything you did.

-Martin and Esther

Profile Picture Esther, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The entire staff made our wedding beautiful and stress free. The food was delicious, the ballroom was beautifully set up for the reception.. Kara was fantastic. She ably and professionally dealt with unexpected issues, such as overbearing family members with grace and tactfulness. Thank you to all of the Heritage Hunt staff!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/24/16, 1 Review