99 Reviews for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club

Indoor (7)
Lighting/Sound (2)
Audio Equipment (1)
99 Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club Reviews

Heritage hunt is a gorgeous venue!! From the second we came to look at heritage hunt for a tour with all our questions, the staff was extremely kind and patient and helpful, especially the lovely Cary!! Booking your wedding with heritage hunt comes with a coordinator, Kara! She is literally the best!!! Kara worked with any requests we had and helped us make our dream wedding come true. I am the type of person that typically likes to do stuff on my own but the day of the wedding, having Kara as the day of coordinator was a breeze! If I had dreamed the wedding, it could not have been more perfect!! Everything ran extremely smoothly and I didn’t even lift a finger or have any worries throughout the night. The kitchen staff were all very sweet to work with and the food was incredible and came out in a timely matter for all guests. I would absolutely recommend this venue to any couples out there looking to have an amazing wedding. We had the ceremony and reception on site and could not be happier with our decision to work with them!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Heritage Hunt. Everything was perfect from beginning to end! Kara made sure everything was covered and made our job (getting married!) all we had to worry about. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside but Mother Nature had other plans and the transition to an indoor ceremony and then to have the reception was seamless. The food was amazing, all of my guests said it was the best wedding food they had. The dinner service was done quickly, and efficiently and no one had to wait for refilled trays or for appetizers. The wait staff and bartenders were extremely friendly and very willing to help. If I had to do it all over again, I would have my wedding here any day. A ++

Profile Picture Hunter, 7/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

There are not enough accolades to describe how pleased we were with my son's recent rehearsal dinner and wedding at Heritage Hunt. My daughter in law visited many venues, and it was Kara's professional, enthusiastic, can-do attitude that persuaded her to have her wedding there.
The weekend began with the rehearsal dinner in the gardens outside of Marsh Mansion, an antebellum estate on the property. We had use of both the grounds (cocktails and dinner) and the interior (slide show and dessert), and it was beautiful. The food was fantastic - far beyond our expectations of typical mass produced appetizers and buffet food. Everyone staff member that we interacted with was professional and courteous - from the ground and set up crew, to the wait staff, caterers and bartenders. The wedding posed a challenge, as the bride's heart was set on getting married on the lawn outside of the clubhouse. However, torrential rain that day dictated that the ceremony would be moved inside. Kara and crew converted the already set ballroom for a sanctuary wedding, and upon dismissing us to the dining room for cocktails (a great spot with fantastic mountain views from the covered patio), reset the ballroom for the reception. The transition from outside to inside and ballroom to wedding venue was seamless! I'm still amazed at how they pulled this off, seemingly without effort .The food again exceeded expectations! All of us were very pleased with the quality and quantity of the buffet and the appetizer selection. Kara is truly a gift to Heritage Hunt.

Profile Picture Sue, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I need the world to know how absolutely incredible Heritage Hunt is!! We had the BEST possible experience from our initial inquiry to the tour to the entire wedding planning process and finally, our wedding :). We knew after researching a bit that we wanted an “all-inclusive” type venue that would provide all the food, alcohol, furniture, linens, ceremony space, etc. Turns out, these are hard to find!! Heritage Hunt is 2 hours from where we live, but came with everything we wanted in a venue, and at a more reasonable price than others we considered. The best part though was that it not only came with everything we wanted, it came with KARA. We had no idea what the role of a venue coordinator was and figured that she would just be there to help us line up and tell us where to go, but she ended up being one of the best parts of our entire wedding experience. She was so fun and easy to work with, answered a million questions for us in the months leading up to the wedding, and with the help of her assistant, Valerie, put out all of the (MANY boxes of) decorations we brought for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception while we were busy getting ready. They completely read my mind and made our vision come to life, and even added a few surprise touches that they thought we would love (and we did!!). The rest of the staff was just as friendly and wonderful during our reception, and the FOOD was amazing! Our guests had an amazing time and continue to tell us how much they loved our wedding. And as the bride, I expected to feel crazy and nervous on my wedding day, but I honestly felt so calm and happy because I knew I had an amazing team of people making the day run smoothly! I can't recommend Heritage Hunt highly enough, thank you for the best day ever!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding at Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club. We booked this venue about 10 months before our wedding and ever since our first visit, we knew that this was the perfect place for us. The venue is so elegant, and it offered a beautiful space outdoors for our ceremony, a specific place for our cocktail hour with access to a balcony and a spacious, elegant reception ballroom! (The place was not crowded and the dance floor was also very spacious). Kara was our wedding coordinator for the first 8 months, and was always very timely in answering any questions we had throughout the planning process. In addition, she scheduled a timely tasting with the chef to choose our 2 entrees. She was very patient, knowledgeable, trustworthy and kind! About 2 months before our wedding, we got introduced to Valerie, who actually ended up being our wedding day coordinator. Valerie and Kara were present on our final meeting, where we highlighted every single little thing for our wedding day. They took care of the rehearsal day practice, the rehearsal dinner at the Marsh Mansion, which we chose to do and the wedding day coordination. Although our wedding schedule was off due to some rain (In May), I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Valerie did an amazing job during our wedding day, she would always come and check on us while we were getting ready, and she also gave me updates about vendor arrivals. She also was running around to make sure things were flowing as scheduled during the wedding, and accommodated last minute requests very smoothly. Our family and friends were so pleased with the service provided, the dinner and the venue, and we still up until today receive many complements! My husband and I are pleased to recommend HH for your wedding!

Profile Picture Jess, 5/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Heritage Hunt was the best choice for us. Cary and Kara were both great. Cary was very flexible in showing us the venue when we were still trying to decide which venue would be the best pick. Kara helped coordinate all the details from the food to room layout. She was very flexible and accommodating to our needs. We were so happy that we chose Heritage Hunt as our wedding venue. We got many compliments throughout the evening about how delicious the food was and how beautiful it all turned out. We couldn't have done it without the team at Heritage Hunt. Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Marcela, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Heritage Hunt and their Events Coordinator, Kara, are amazing. From the beginning they were not only the most affordable for our wedding needs, but they were an active part in our wedding planning. Kara was there every step of the way helping our vision come to life and finding the best solutions to make our special day unique. The grounds and facilities are really clean and beautiful. There's so many options, outdoor spaces, photo spots right on site, great cocktail space, additional private rooms for getting ready and VIP, and best of all, that amazing banquet hall. Worried about the weather on your big day? It rained nearly all day on my wedding and the facilities were so great I could almost forget it rained all day after the fact. The room was one of the only ones large enough to accommodate our large number of guests and had a large dance floor to match as well as a stage and projector for any special projects you'd want to incorporate. Not only did all our guests fit with stretching room to spare, but all our vendors, from photo booths, videographers, photographers, etc., had room to set up and stretch out, too. Other venues advertised up to 300 guests and we'd show up for a tour and there was no way. You don't have that problem with Heritage Hunt. And what's the one thing that can really make or break a wedding reception? The food! After 2 months my guests are still talking about the amazing food. You can try all their amazing choices for free when you set up your reception menu and there wasn't a bad item on the menu. They have great package deals, alcohol, buffet, or the route we went, fully plated. It was amazing. All the staff was absolutely professional and they worked great with all our other vendors and support as well. Cannot recommend highly enough. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Nancy, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up

I honestly don't write reviews very often, but I'm going to for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club. Planning a wedding and reception can be very stressful. And then once you have it all planned out, you cross your fingers and hope things go relatively smoothly.

The staff at Heritage Hunt, especially Kara, the Catering & Event Coordinator, made the planning and execution of the wedding reception seamless. We had all of the usual last minute requests, need for additional space, additional unexpected guests, special meals requests, complicated center pieces, etc., etc. Kara was unfailingly accommodating, professional, calm, and pleasant. Kara and her staff didn't just do everything she promised, they went above and beyond in ensuring that everything was as we expected and more. We were all actually able to enjoy the reception, not worry about things going wrong. We are still getting positive feedback about the reception, and not one complaint.

Profile Picture Maria, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing wedding experience at Heritage Hunt! Kara, the wedding coordinator was such a huge help to us throughout the entire process and was so kind and accommodating to us and any little things that came up. The staff on the day of the wedding were so helpful as well! The food was absolutely amazing and the venue itself is so gorgeous! The prices were totally reasonable and they were honest and upfront about how much things would cost, and very flexible with different aspects. I would recommend having your wedding reception or event here in a heartbeat! I wouldn’t give it a second thought! :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our rehearsal dinner at the marsh mansion location in the club grounds. We worked with Kara and she was absolutely amazing. She was very helpful and responsive. The mansion was beautiful and a perfect fit for the classic and elegant style we were going for. Our guests loved the food and Kara and her team were very accommodating to our special requests. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Grace, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I’ll be honest with you... we didn’t want to look at a country club for our wedding but I’m glad we looked here. It was the absolute great and beautiful event, we couldn’t be any happier with it. The staff members were experts, food was amazing delicious, key spots for picture were perfect, and the price was spot on! Make sure you add this location to your list and make it a priority

Photo
Profile Picture Brian, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

I love this as a wedding venue. Great views, great outdoor space, great food. Its elegant ballroom can hold a large group of wedding guests and Kara is a dream to work with!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 12/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I'm not usually one to leave 5-star reviews, so this really means that Heritage Hunt did an excellent job with our wedding. Kara Birkenfeld, the venue coordinator, did an excellent job of touching base with us and coordinating everything leading up to the event. She was unbelievably organized and responsive to our requests. We had a cultural wedding (Palestinian) and it was a bit out-of-the-norm from what the venue is probably used to, but they responded beautifully. They handled everything, and when other vendors were not so responsive, it was a great help to have Kara be so responsive.
Heritage Hunt was also the best price we found for country clubs in the northern Virginia area, and since cost-cutting was a huge goal of ours (we had a 270-person wedding reception), this was a huge deal for us. To get the service we got at the price we paid, I really couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture Omar, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at Heritage Hunt Country Club made our wedding stress free. We cannot thank them enough for all their help throuhhout this whole process. You all were, and are, excellent. Thank you all very much.

Profile Picture Rana, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's hard to put into words how great of an experience I have had planning and having my wedding at Heritage Hunt. From my first correspondence with Cary to officially booking this venue to working with Kara; everything was spot on. I knew that my wedding was going to be great and the look of the venue was exactly what I was looking for. Kara made sure things went seamlessly from the get go. I knew I could count on her to make the right things happen at the right time. And they were so accommodating to ANY and ALL requests made. :) Definitely consider having your special day here!

Profile Picture Erin , 11/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up

Cary, Kara, Chef Kris and the rest of the team made our rehearsal dinner at Marsh Mansion and our wedding reception in the Great Oak Ballroom easy to set up and beautiful to experience. They were all very patient and provided helpful suggestions when needed. During the reception, Cary tracked down overlooked items for us and even fixed a technical glitch with our slideshow - with a smile and never breaking a sweat! The team actively attending to each detail allowed our family and friends to truly enjoy our special day together.

Profile Picture M, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The entire venue was perfect! Food was delicious and staff were on their toes and never missed a beat! The Mansion was beautiful and decorated so tastefully. Perfect night.

Profile Picture Bretta, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held here, and everything was so easy! The tasting was a fun event---deciding on which entrees/sides was the difficult part. I think we chose well: the plated dinner was filling and delicious. The presentation of the food was attractive and the staff was efficient in serving in a timely manner. The wedding was supposed to be outdoors, but the weather started to grow "iffy". Heritage Hunt Staff was keeping an eye on the radar and offering a slight adaptation to the timeline in order to facilitate an outdoor wedding. In the end, the bride & groom chose to have an indoor ceremony. The staff flipped the room with professional flexibility---while maintaining smiles and positive attitudes. The whole staff seemed genuinely happy to be working the event; if there was any negative morale, it was well hidden. We provided the place-cards and party-favors to Heritage Hunt, and we didn't have to spend any time decorating or arranging. Everything was beautifully arranged by the time we arrived. It was a great day. We were able to enjoy the festivities without having to spend any of our time telling the staff what needed to be done.

Profile Picture Oma, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We couldn’t have made a better decision on using HH for our special day! The staff is amazing and so helpful. Kara was there throughout the entire process and made sure we were 100% satisfied. So thankful for Kara and the HH team!

Photo for Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club Review - Such beautiful scenery!
Profile Picture Julisa, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

A huge THANK YOU to the staff at Heritage Hunt for making my wedding day a beautiful, memorable event. Kara was so fantastic to work with! She was pleasant, patient and flexible throughout the entire planning process. Additionally, the food was phenomenal! I would highly recommend this venue for any event!

Profile Picture Naomi, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Once we toured Heritage Hunt, we immediately knew it was where we were going to get married. Kara, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. I can't say enough great things about her. She always responded so fast and was able to fulfill any requests we had. On the big day she was able to get us and our bridal party where we needed to be on time. The food was great- we had pork medallions and crab stuffed flounder. We planned our wedding from Florida so we wanted a venue that was going to include everything (tables, chairs, catering, alcohol, etc.) so we had less vendors to worry about and Heritage Hunt was great for that. Our wedding day was perfect and I would highly recommend Heritage Hunt!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Cari and Kara were fantastic! This is the most beautiful and easy venue you could have! Everything done right there including rehearsal dinner at the Mansion with professional staff! This is been already titled the best wedding our guests have ever been to. They can not stop talking about it! Thank you Kara!

Profile Picture Victor, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue and grounds, delicious food, attention to details, very personalized service, excellent value for services provided!

Profile Picture Christie , 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding could not have been any better! When we first visited Heritage Hunt, we knew instantly that this location would be the perfect venue for our 65 person wedding. Words cannot express how AMAZING Kara has been throughout the entire process! She is super friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. She was super easy to work with very helpful with every detail. We could not have asked for a better Coordinator and cannot thank her enough for making our day even more special. We would also like to thank and point out that the Banquet Manager and staff were also instrumental in making our day run smoothly. Everyone was exceptional and so grateful for the HH team. We will have great memories that will last a lifetime!!

Profile Picture Ruby, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables