Here Comes the Bride Reviews

114 Reviews for Here Comes the Bride

114 Here Comes the Bride Reviews
  • I

Icelee · Getting married on 03/30/2019

I made my appointment with HCTB because it was one of the only bridal salons nearby that carried the dresses I was interested in trying on. I had Jenn as my consultant and she was beyond amazing. I showed her pictures of my top 2 gown choices and not only did they have them in stock, but she pulled a great selection of other styles for me to try on. I got to fully immerse myself in the fun of trying on dresses and Jenn made me feel so comfortable and beautiful in everything. She's the kind of hype woman you want in your corner telling your how genuinely fabulous you are! My whole experience was easy and effortless, and I walked away with my dream dress! Thank you Jenn and thank you HCTB for your help! <3

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2018

I loved working with this bridal shop! They were so helpful, and everyone was extremely friendly. Alterations were really easy, and their in-house seamstress was great! They have a wonderful selection of gowns, and happened to carry the one I fell in love with.

• Angel

Angel · Married on 10/01/2016

I contacted the shop regarding a Pronovias or Marisa gown. The responses were prompt and the styles the consultant found were exactly what I wanted. Professionalism and courtesy are not lacking!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Here Comes the Bride's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time for this review. a bride's time is very valuable, we appreciate it!

Elise · Married on 10/01/2016

I absolutely adore my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride!!! I got so, so many compliments on my dress at my wedding. Maggie spent two appointments helping me choose the perfect dress. She made so many great suggestions and was available through all of my fittings. The dress fit perfectly, thanks to three fittings with Martha. She made tons of alterations and listened to everything I asked for. She even made me a custom garter! The staff at HCTB also vacuu-packed my dress so I could carry it on the plane to my wedding in New York. It arrived in perfect condition! I am so, so happy with my dress-buying experience!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Here Comes the Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Elise! We are so lucky you chose us to help you with this important part of your life! We loved having you. My your marriage be filled of love and laughter!

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2016

I'm so thankful to my friend who recommended Here Comes the Bride when looking for my wedding dress. It is a smaller boutique but with a wide range of styles broken out by price - which I appreciated as a bride on a budget :) I made an appointment and was greeted by my own service attendant and a room for just me and girls. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted so having our own space made the experience much more enjoyable than being in a big room with strangers watching you make such an important decision (sorry David's Bridal). I told the attendant what I like, what I don't like, and my budget that I absolutely 100% did not want to exceed. Turns out, the first dress I tried on was the one! I felt like she really listened to what I wanted and followed through.

Once the dress was ordered, I was notified when the dress was delivered, when my alterations appointments were coming up, and when my dress was ready for final pick-up. The staff was enjoyable, professional and I highly recommend to anyone in the San Diego area getting married!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Here Comes the Bride's reply:

Thank you Sarah!!! We are so happy you came to us. we are thrilled to be the store to help you take one step closer to the isle!
  • Lauren + Ryan

Lauren · Married on 02/27/2016

If I could give Kayla 10 stars, I would. I adore her. I don't know where to begin. The short version of the story is that I started out my wedding dress shopping experience thinking I'd want a strapless lace fit n flare and ended up with something completely opposite of that...and it's amazing! If it were not for Kayla, I don't think I would have ended up in my dream dress, nor even realized that I what I thought I wanted was actually not at all what I want.

The store is gorgeous and has a very luxurious feel. The dresses are arranged by price (brilliant) and the consultants are all wonderful. There are several private fitting rooms that fit 2-3 people (plus the bride) so you have a totally private experience with just your crew. Much preferred this set up to some of the other high end salons I visited in San Diego.

My wedding is in February of 2016 and once I've been through the alteration process, I'll come back to review again and add photos. I loved everything about my experience shopping at Here Comes the Bride and I cannot recommend Kayla enough.

Mary · Married on 01/23/2016

I absolutely loved my wedding dress shopping experience at Here Comes the Bride! Maggie was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I had an idea of what I thought I wanted going in, but left purchasing almost the opposite type of style (which looked a million times better on me), thanks to Maggie's knowledge and experience. Maggie is super professional- I wasn't sure where to start so she had me try on one dress in each silhouette to get an idea of what looked best with my figure. Then she brought in samples of the type of dress I had originally wanted along with a dress that she picked for me. I was hesitant to even try it, thinking it wouldn't be flattering on my figure- but I instantly fell in love with it. It was perfect and I looked flawless. What I loved most about Maggie is that she wasn't pushy at all. Other bridal shops were very pushy to the point where I wanted to walk out, but Maggie never pushed- her talent and skills did all the work! I am so truly lucky I listened to Maggie and tried that dress on. I felt amazing on my wedding day and have Maggie to thank for it!

Victoria · Married on 12/12/2015

I went to so many places looking for the right dress and I found it here. Maggie was the one who helped me and she walked me through the whole process and was so patient as I tried on a million dresses. I had no idea what type of dress I was looking for and she made it happen! I am so thankful to her as I fell in love with my dress a little late and she made sure I got it on time and that we booked all the fittings in time to have it perfect for my wedding day. The whole staff was so helpful and made me feel welcome and excited every time I was there.

Such a wonderful experience! the salon is beautiful and really provides that bridal experience every woman wants. Rebecca was a delight to work with and Martha was amazing in tailoring my dress to fit perfectly. The selection is fabulous and reasonable. Can't say enough good things about this salon!

Dawn · Married on 09/19/2015

This bridal shop is somewhat of a family tradition - my mother and sister both purchased their wedding dresses from here as well. I was able to find my dream dress, there were no "surprise" fees, and Martha did an amazing job tailoring the dress to fit me exactly. I couldn't be happier with my how my dress looked or made me feel!

Amy · Married on 09/05/2015

I know each bride is different, but I feel confident when I say that this is the ONLY bridal store you need to visit! Not only did I find my dress here, but two of my friends have also. The most important thing about this store is of course their beautiful wedding gowns. They have a tasteful variety of styles and prices. I fell in love with several dresses. When I had narrowed it down to three, a team member found one that encompassed my favorite part of all three dresses into the one perfect one. I cried when I put it on. It was perfection. HCTB has private dressing suites which my bridesmaids loved, complete with chocolate. But, what also really sets this place apart is their service. I came in for a dress fitting mere weeks before my wedding and I still had not found a veil or wedding belt. I was in near tears... one of the team members went out of her way to call the owner and look in the back and find me the most beautiful veil and belt for an outrageously affordable price since they were considered off-the-rack. They were determined to help me fulfill every important element and that means so very much. This place did not need another great review but my experience was so exceptional I had to share. Thank you HCTB

rachel · Married on 06/06/2015

Easily my favorite bridal store in San Diego, but I could be biased as I got my perfect dress there! I loved my experience at Here Comes the Bride. Great dress election- Great Staff. I would recommend this store to anyone who wanted to look great on their wedding day. Thanks ladies! xoxo

Caely · Married on 05/11/2015

I absolutely loved the dress I found at Here Comes the Bride. I wasn't one of those brides who always dreamed of my dream wedding dress, and to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the process of finding one. But, at Here Comes the Bride, it was fast, easy, and they made it a fun day for me and my friends. The sales associate who helped me (Geanie) was great, and and added a real personal touch.

gorgeous dresses, friendly service, attention to details, decent prices for fantastic dresses.

• Dani

Danielle · Married on 07/26/2014

HCTB is a beautiful bridal shop with a great selection of dresses. I found the Matthew Christopher Sophia dress I fell in love with here at a trunk show. Cynthia was very nice and knowledgeable. She was very helpful and answered all of my questions. Martha was amazing at alterations. My dress fit perfectly and she accommodated my work schedule for fittings. I also purchased my veil and a rhinestone belt that I had sewn into the dress here.

• Carrie

Carrie · Married on 07/13/2014

This bridal shop was amazing! I was an out of town bride and Rebecca went above and beyond to help ease my mind. I even made a last minute decision to add a veil to my purchase and she got it done in two days. Felt like the bell of the ball every time. I would highly recommend this store :)

I found my wedding dress here on the first visit. I instantly fell in love! My consultant was transparent, helpful and NOT PUSHY. She listened to my requests (mostly on price) and showed me an amazing sample dress that was 50% off. I bought it!

The store is classy and clean. There doesn't seem to be a variety but my consultant was able to pull out a good number of dresses based on what I wanted (lace, mermaid or trumpet style, long train, sweetheart) and within my price range. This type of dress sounds common but during my engagement, I actually went to a wedding where the bride bought the exact same dress I was seriously considering at David's Bridal.. Whew!

The only small disappointment I had was waiting for someone to open the store for an alteration's appointment, which may be scheduled before the store opens. I thought my appointment was missed and almost left, when at the last moment someone came to the door.

Speaking of alterations, the prices are a bit high but I had a LOT of labor done, which would make any place expensive. These women are serious hard workers and know what they are doing. I was very impressed by their detail and craft work.

All in all, I still recommend my engaged friends to check out this wonderful store!

Victoria · Married on 06/07/2014

From start to finish, my entire experience at HCTB was nothing short of great. I first visited on New Years Eve after having visited other wedding dress locations in Central California the week prior. I had found a dress at one of those other shops that I fell in love with, though the logistics of ordering it from somewhere so far from home made it difficult. Luckily, I had found the centrally-located HCTB while making phone calls to local wedding gown shops and talked to Rebecca. After she told me that I could take advantage of their free alterations promotion, I decided to go in. While I already knew that she could order what I wanted, Rebecca suggested I try on some of their dresses anyway since they could be purchased off the rack for half-off. I didn't find anything I loved quite as much, so I ordered the gorgeous Casablanca Bridal 2018 I had wanted. I put half down and waited until April, when my dress finally arrived!

The free alterations promotion saved me $499, and I went in one try-on of the dress and three fittings. I then had it steamed for an extra $100 and picked it up a couple days before the wedding with my mom. The steaming seemed to leave a few creases in the dress, but it wasn't a big deal. The dress fit me absolutely gorgeous, and the great fitting is due to Martha's expertise. She was very warm and efficient, and she seemed to enjoy her line of work.

Over the course of the last six months at HCTB (and I hope my spellings are correct), I've dealt with Rebecca, Martha, Jeanne, Karina, Lea, and one other gal (whom I regret not getting her name). Every single one of them was friendly, professional, and very helpful. I'd especially like to highlight Jeanne and Lea, who were especially wonderful. I am happy I ordered my dress thru HCTB and would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for their gown in the San Diego area.

I traveled to where my daughter lives to help her find a dress. We needed to make all appointments for one day. Here Comes the Bride was very flexible in setting up a longer appointment. They also had no issue with me taking pictures of my daughter in any of the dresses. Almost sure that we had found her dress, we still had two more appointment with other boutiques the we wanted to still see. After going to the other two and not finding what she wanted, we called Here Comes the Bride back to see if we could come back to try the dress on. They were happy to accommodate us (they were very busy too)! Not only that, we bought the sample and walked out with her dress that day! My daughter was thrilled with it and them. They had a lot of dresses to choose from in all different price ranges. They were very careful not to pull a dress that was beyond our budget!

Skylar · Married on 10/19/2013

My dress was gorgeous!!! What I loved about HCTB was that there were no pushy sales tactics. They tell you the dresses start out at one price on one side of the room, and as you move counter-clockwise, the prices go up. They help you to find what you like, but they never try to make the decision for you. They were wonderful, the alterations were perfect, and I got a beautiful bracelet from them too! I found working with them to be smooth, easy, and pleasurable, and I absolutely loved my dress!!

I loved my entire experience at Here Comes the Bride! Kayla helped me find my dress and she was so incredibly nice.

They have a 500 dollar flat fee for alterations. But the nice thing about the fee is that the alterations are almost limitless. I had the seamstress, (MARTHA WHO IS AMAZING!!!) take the lace from my mom's dress and she made an entire keyhole back that was added onto my dress. She added a little bit of beading to the top of my dress. She took in the dress at the hips to make it more fit n flare. She made the dress a sweetheart neckline and lowered the back of the dress to show a little more of my back. Martha really helped me to turn in a standard dress into something completely individualized and unique according to my vision. I loved, loved, LOVED it!!!!

If you buy a dress at HCTB, make sure you have Martha as your seamstress! I have not one bad thing to say about her, she made my dress PERFECT and she is so respectful, professional, and nice!!!

Sara · Married on 05/11/2013

HCTB was great! From the moment I stepped in to try on dresses, to the day I picked it up, I was satisfied! The fitting I was a little shocked by the price at first. Once it came time for my fitting, they showed nothing but perfection! I went back and forth multiple times, the seamstress wanted perfection! I appreciate that so much! And the dress, I had so many compliments!!!! Thank you.

• User3205187 · 2+ years ago

I purchased my wedding dress from Rebecca at Here Comes the Bride. She is a very knowledgable bridal consultant and makes the wedding experience very special. Martha did the alterations to my dress and she was spectactular. She helped me make decisions on the bustle, shoes, and altering details. Although the alteration price is fixed, she did not cut corners. She made multiple adjustments until the dress fit like a glove. You know you picked the right place when all of the complements you receive on your wedding day are about how gorgeous your dress is and not necessarily how gorgeous you are :) I have already recommended this place to a friend who bought a dress there and would highly recommend it again.

Jenna · Married on 03/02/2013

This was my first dress shopping experience and I didn't have to go any further. Ray helped me and he was awesome! I also really liked that i tried on the dresses in private room so i never felt on display in the showroom or had to fight another bride for the mirror. He really encouraged me to try a little bit of everything, which I'm so thankful for since the dress I fell in love with was completely opposite of what I thought I wanted. The shop is small but they actually have an impressive variety of styles and prices.
    The woman that did my alterations (I'm embarrassed I forgot her name) was great! My dress fit like a glove and she couldn't be sweeter!
    PS they didn't tell me when I made the appointment but you can bring your own champagne for when you are shopping. And also I love that they allow you to take pictures!

Sarah · Married on 03/01/2013

Loved HCB! I went in and immediately thought i could afford anything in the store, my friend told me to chill, good thing because they were actually reasonably priced for my budget. I ended up find THE dress and just to my luck/anxiety i found it but it was only available sample sale at a size 15. It had a beaded lace overlay with a short beautiful train. The perfect amount of too much that i was looking for, for a beach wedding. Much to my dismay i am a size 4 and cutting that much off a dress scared the daylights out of me. Then, in came Martha to the rescue, if you need altering Martha is your girl or your crazy!! In one visit she had made it fit me to a T, and she was more detailed about the fit that i would even notice. The dress was perfect for half the price since it was sample sale and Martha fit the dress to me. HCB, thank you for my gorgeous, i just wish it was acceptable for me to wear it more!!