113 Reviews for Here Comes the Bride

Preservation (2)
Trunk Shows (1)
Plus Size Gowns (1)
113 Here Comes the Bride Reviews

I originally contacted them for an appointment and hadn't heard back but we were in the area waiting for our appointment at another bridal shop so we went in and with luck, someone had cancelled their appointment and they fit us right in. This is where i found my amazing wedding dress and it is currently being made custom just for me. The rooms were private and very professional. The dresses here are amazing. I would 100% recommend this shop!

Profile Picture Bre, 12/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Cleaning, Customization, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride

I loved working with this bridal shop! They were so helpful, and everyone was extremely friendly. Alterations were really easy, and their in-house seamstress was great! They have a wonderful selection of gowns, and happened to carry the one I fell in love with.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation

I had a great experience getting my dress at Here Comes the Bride! The store was recommended by a couple of friends who had their own good experiences. I was concerned by some of the reviews but I had already visited several highly rated stores and been pretty unhappy with the selections. This was the 5th store I tried and I was so impressed to finally find several dresses I liked! The dress I chose was a clear winner, but I definitely really liked other dresses there as well! My dress arrived several months before my wedding date and they allowed me to come see it as many times as needed to bring in shoes I was trying out and to match my flower girl dresses. I was given 4 fittings and even had a changes made on the spot in the 4th fitting to ensure I was satisfied. The seamstress was very good and cared that I was happy with how the dress fit. I should also add I am the only person I know whose bustle did not break, because she did such a nice job reinforcing the buttons and loops.The only negative experience I had was my veil not arriving in time for my hair trial even though I made it clear well in advance when I would need it. However, I was not that put off by the situation because they let me borrow one that looked very similar to use in the trial. I would highly recommend Here Comes the Bride, I loved my dress and so did my husband, family and friends!

Profile Picture SB, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Beautiful beautiful dresses Absolutely stunning gowns, unfortunately I couldn't afford $3,000 for a dress. They have others at lower prices.

Profile Picture Tera, 11/4/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I contacted the shop regarding a Pronovias or Marisa gown. The responses were prompt and the styles the consultant found were exactly what I wanted. Professionalism and courtesy are not lacking!

Profile Picture Angel, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely adore my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride!!! I got so, so many compliments on my dress at my wedding. Maggie spent two appointments helping me choose the perfect dress. She made so many great suggestions and was available through all of my fittings. The dress fit perfectly, thanks to three fittings with Martha. She made tons of alterations and listened to everything I asked for. She even made me a custom garter! The staff at HCTB also vacuu-packed my dress so I could carry it on the plane to my wedding in New York. It arrived in perfect condition! I am so, so happy with my dress-buying experience!

Profile Picture Elise, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Customization, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride

I'm so thankful to my friend who recommended Here Comes the Bride when looking for my wedding dress. It is a smaller boutique but with a wide range of styles broken out by price - which I appreciated as a bride on a budget :) I made an appointment and was greeted by my own service attendant and a room for just me and girls. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted so having our own space made the experience much more enjoyable than being in a big room with strangers watching you make such an important decision (sorry David's Bridal). I told the attendant what I like, what I don't like, and my budget that I absolutely 100% did not want to exceed. Turns out, the first dress I tried on was the one! I felt like she really listened to what I wanted and followed through.

Once the dress was ordered, I was notified when the dress was delivered, when my alterations appointments were coming up, and when my dress was ready for final pick-up. The staff was enjoyable, professional and I highly recommend to anyone in the San Diego area getting married!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Preservation

I purchased my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride and also had my dress alterations done here. I felt that my consultant did a good job of listening to the style I thought I was looking for. I liked that you're able to look through many of the dresses, because my sister (who is basically my stylist) ended up pulling the dress that I picked. They did an excellent job with the alterations, my dress had a lace bodice that they fit perfectly to me. I also moved to northern California after buying my dress for my wedding in San Diego and they were great about accommodating my schedule for alterations and were able to do 2 fittings in one day. This is great a bridal salon!

Profile Picture Kendall, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
4.7

I came into look at dresses for the first time expecting to just get a feel for what type of dress to look for in the future. Maggie was so incredible. I was pretty overwhelmed with all the dresses on the rack but she picked out 5 dresses to start with that spanned a bunch of different styles so that I could figure out what cut I liked best. Amazingly one of the dresses she picked ended up being "the one". I was hesitant to commit to a dress after only looking at one store so I looked at two other stores and realized that this was the one that I wanted. I was really impressed with this store over the other two because of the personal attention that Maggie gave me. She listened to what I was thinking and picked out multiple dresses that were perfect for me. She helped me get into each dress and emphasized that it didn't matter what she thought it mattered how I felt. She made me focus on which dress made me smile the most as the way to decide between all the gorgeous options. As I am far away from friends and family she even helped me take a ton of pictures to send home to my mom. Also she was incredibly helpful and flexible with scheduling appointments, and my dress is set to come in way ahead of time! My only advice is start looking early because they can't make designers make dresses faster and its out of their control to some degree.

Profile Picture User5444978, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.9

I was recommended here by my sister-in-law who had a wonderful experience, but sadly mine was not the same.

Everything was great until I ordered my dress. The first appointment went well and I really connected with the consultant who helped me find the dress. I then ordered my dress in October for my wedding in May fully understanding that it could take up to 6 months to receive the gown. I received a tentative delivery date (generated by the dress manufacturer) of end of February and that day came and went with no communication from the shop. I followed up with them and they said they'd look into it. It took many phone calls (always initiated on my part) to figure out a more accurate delivery date. A few times someone told me "we hope it'll come before your wedding but not sure if it will", which is probably the worst thing to tell anyone, let alone a bride. Other times they were short and rude to me on the phone. I've worked many years in retail and completely understand that things happen out of your control. However, there is always a better way to communicate with your customers and HCTB did not do a good job.

Once my dress finally arrived, I notified them I would not be doing alternations in house based on their service and professionalism...they then tried to tell me I couldn't take my dress home and alterations are required by them. I asked to speak with a manager and they quickly let me go.

Long story short, they are awful at communication, do not effectively train their staff on how to work with customers and can be flat out rude. I understand brides can be a hard population to work with, but at the end of the day I am human and wanted a little more respect than what I received.

Profile Picture User6834400, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

If I could give Kayla 10 stars, I would. I adore her. I don't know where to begin. The short version of the story is that I started out my wedding dress shopping experience thinking I'd want a strapless lace fit n flare and ended up with something completely opposite of that...and it's amazing! If it were not for Kayla, I don't think I would have ended up in my dream dress, nor even realized that I what I thought I wanted was actually not at all what I want.

The store is gorgeous and has a very luxurious feel. The dresses are arranged by price (brilliant) and the consultants are all wonderful. There are several private fitting rooms that fit 2-3 people (plus the bride) so you have a totally private experience with just your crew. Much preferred this set up to some of the other high end salons I visited in San Diego.

My wedding is in February of 2016 and once I've been through the alteration process, I'll come back to review again and add photos. I loved everything about my experience shopping at Here Comes the Bride and I cannot recommend Kayla enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved my wedding dress shopping experience at Here Comes the Bride! Maggie was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I had an idea of what I thought I wanted going in, but left purchasing almost the opposite type of style (which looked a million times better on me), thanks to Maggie's knowledge and experience. Maggie is super professional- I wasn't sure where to start so she had me try on one dress in each silhouette to get an idea of what looked best with my figure. Then she brought in samples of the type of dress I had originally wanted along with a dress that she picked for me. I was hesitant to even try it, thinking it wouldn't be flattering on my figure- but I instantly fell in love with it. It was perfect and I looked flawless. What I loved most about Maggie is that she wasn't pushy at all. Other bridal shops were very pushy to the point where I wanted to walk out, but Maggie never pushed- her talent and skills did all the work! I am so truly lucky I listened to Maggie and tried that dress on. I felt amazing on my wedding day and have Maggie to thank for it!

Profile Picture Mary, 1/23/16, 5 Reviews
2.1

I had a lot of trouble with this dress shop. They have a lot of beautiful gowns but the customer service was terrible.

Profile Picture Keziah, 12/13/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I went to so many places looking for the right dress and I found it here. Maggie was the one who helped me and she walked me through the whole process and was so patient as I tried on a million dresses. I had no idea what type of dress I was looking for and she made it happen! I am so thankful to her as I fell in love with my dress a little late and she made sure I got it on time and that we booked all the fittings in time to have it perfect for my wedding day. The whole staff was so helpful and made me feel welcome and excited every time I was there.

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/12/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils

Such a wonderful experience! the salon is beautiful and really provides that bridal experience every woman wants. Rebecca was a delight to work with and Martha was amazing in tailoring my dress to fit perfectly. The selection is fabulous and reasonable. Can't say enough good things about this salon!

Profile Picture User6016497, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Cynthia at Here Comes the Bride was WONDERFUL to work with. She catered to my every whim and steered me in the perfect path. Trying on wedding dresses is stressful and complicated, but with the right direction, the outcome is amazing!

Profile Picture Hanna, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
2.0

I do NOT recommend this store to anyone. They sold me a sample dress that was very large and assured me they would be able to alter it to fit. It never fit at all, despite going 5 separate times. I purchased a "backup" dress from David's Bridal two weeks before my wedding and I am very lucky I did, because I wound up needing to wear that dress. They are also very hard to get in touch with once you purchase your dress and are very inflexible in their fitting schedules. I had to miss work for each of those five fittings.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

This bridal shop is somewhat of a family tradition - my mother and sister both purchased their wedding dresses from here as well. I was able to find my dream dress, there were no "surprise" fees, and Martha did an amazing job tailoring the dress to fit me exactly. I couldn't be happier with my how my dress looked or made me feel!

Profile Picture Dawn, 9/19/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I loved the flexibility I had at Here Comes The Bride. I found a dress that was unique and had certain aspects that I loved. However, I wanted to change the pattern of the skirt, which was a large project. Martha was amazing and tailored the gown to fit my dreams! She is the best!

Profile Picture Hilary, 9/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I know each bride is different, but I feel confident when I say that this is the ONLY bridal store you need to visit! Not only did I find my dress here, but two of my friends have also. The most important thing about this store is of course their beautiful wedding gowns. They have a tasteful variety of styles and prices. I fell in love with several dresses. When I had narrowed it down to three, a team member found one that encompassed my favorite part of all three dresses into the one perfect one. I cried when I put it on. It was perfection. HCTB has private dressing suites which my bridesmaids loved, complete with chocolate. But, what also really sets this place apart is their service. I came in for a dress fitting mere weeks before my wedding and I still had not found a veil or wedding belt. I was in near tears... one of the team members went out of her way to call the owner and look in the back and find me the most beautiful veil and belt for an outrageously affordable price since they were considered off-the-rack. They were determined to help me fulfill every important element and that means so very much. This place did not need another great review but my experience was so exceptional I had to share. Thank you HCTB

Profile Picture Amy, 9/5/15, 8 Reviews
0.5

I went to get my dress from there & had to wait a few months till it got there. They take all their money by the way before you try the dress on .I tried it and asked for some alterations.MINOR ones,mainly on the top part. The seamstress did a horrific job . at one point she was convincing me to wear body tape because the dress was falling apart!!!! BODY TAPE!!! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't return the money and the excuse is THE CONTRACT SAYS NO REFUNDS ,so we have the right to ruin your dress and force you to wear it and pay for it. I had to get another dress 3 weeks before my wedding. I didn't even pick it up from the store, and now I am suing them and will complain through BBB & California consumer affairs.
I am suing for the dress, suing for the time wasted, all the driving around, phone calls, cancelled sessions, trauma ( I had a panic attack and a nervous breakdown after I tried it on and had to go to the ER & I have documents to prove that as well ) and legal fees.

The Owner / Manager Rebecca Martinez is trying to convince me that the dress is perfect!!
I have pictures as a proof to what they did to the dress

DON'T Go!!!!

Profile Picture Nardine, 8/30/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Veils

Easily my favorite bridal store in San Diego, but I could be biased as I got my perfect dress there! I loved my experience at Here Comes the Bride. Great dress election- Great Staff. I would recommend this store to anyone who wanted to look great on their wedding day. Thanks ladies! xoxo

Profile Picture rachel, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to this salon multiple times trying to find my wedding dress. My consultant, Jeanne, was super helpful and let me try on a few dresses and even helped me Facetime my mom, who couldn't be there. She was so nice and really worked with me to find the perfect dress. I first came to look at one designer in particular, but when I started my appointment, they directed me to the trunk show that they currently had going on. Jeanne was so great and I highly recommend going here to try and find your dress, they're just a little bit pricey and they name their dresses (instead of keeping the vendor's style numbers) so it's a bit harder to see if they have a particular dress.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Here Comes the Bride was very friendly and not at all pushy when it came to trying on dresses. I ended up buying a "sample" gown since my wedding was too close to order a new one. But they spot cleaned it and the seamstress was great - she made it about 3 sizes smaller and it fit great! The only thing is that their selection is mostly of the traditional strapless gowns which was not my style. I was lucky to find something different but I hope they get a little more variety for brides-to-be. Other than that, everything was great and I continue to recommend the shop to friends.

Profile Picture Megan, 5/16/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved the dress I found at Here Comes the Bride. I wasn't one of those brides who always dreamed of my dream wedding dress, and to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the process of finding one. But, at Here Comes the Bride, it was fast, easy, and they made it a fun day for me and my friends. The sales associate who helped me (Geanie) was great, and and added a real personal touch.

Profile Picture Caely, 5/11/15, 8 Reviews