Helo Photography Reviews

27 Reviews for Helo Photography

1 User photo

• C L

C L · Married on 03/02/2021

Most amazing experience i could've dreamt of! Love our photos and video!

Julio and his team were recommended by my venue & wedding planner, and ended up being my favorite vendor of all! I cannot even begin to express how over the moon happy & grateful we are for the amazing experience, and gorgeous photos & video we received from them. They truly exceeded our expectations and were so much fun to work with! Our guests & vendors all raved about them. They were on time (early in fact!), so polite and courteous, and pulled us aside at the perfect times to get the most beautiful images. My engagement & bridal photos turned out amazing as well, & I've received non-stop compliments from everyone on how beautiful our images are. Julio was very efficient throughout all of our photoshoots & has a remarkable eye for photo and video. Throughout the entire process they really went above & beyond for us in addition to creating the most magical photos & video; The advice Julio gave during our phone consultation played a huge part as to why our wedding turned out as perfectly & flawless as it did, they even helped with tasks during the wedding that weren't their job, and made my husband feel at ease (which I was most worried about, since he hates photos). My husband had a lot of fun taking photos, which made my heart so happy to hear! We loved their laid back, yet professional demeanor, and felt so comfortable throughout all our photo sessions. I could go on & on about how incredible they were, and have recommended them to all my friends & family. My sister is getting married next year & has booked them also. We had the best experience we could've dreamt of thanks to them, and will treasure our photos & video forever. In fact, my new favorite past time is viewing our photos/video & reliving our wedding day all over again =). Thank you for everything Helo Photography! You are THE BEST!!!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Jennifer · Married on 02/14/2018

Helo Photography creates the most beautiful photos and is wonderful to work with it! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Erica · Married on 07/14/2016

I cannot even begin to express how thankful my husband and I are of Julio from Helo photography! When we began searching for a photographer for our Wedding, Helo photography came highly recommended by our venue. I now see why! As soon as my husband and I sat down and began to look through Julio's work, we immediately said, "this is it." His photography seriously looks like artwork. We did an Engagement photo session, and my husband and I both went into the session a little nervous, afraid of looking awkward and uncomfortable. Immediately, Julio and his fiance who was helping us out with the photo session made us feel relaxed. They were talking to us, joking and laughing. Really made the nerves go away. Julio is great about getting to know his clients, getting to know their expectations and also their personalities, and incorporating that into the photos. He has such an eye and a gift for photography. It blew my mind how we would be walking along a street, and something would just catch Julio's eye. Something that seemed so ordinary to me, but yet to Julio it was an amazing photo opportunity. He was always right! He knows the right time of the day for photo sessions, when the sun will provide the right kind of light for photos. We also did a Bridal session and also our entire Wedding with Julio, all of which came out AMAZING. He is so incredibly professional, but also so easy to work with. If I could give Julio and Helo photography 10 stars, I would. I would recommend this company to anyone I know in search of a Wedding photographer. Thank you so much for everything, Julio. We are so incredibly thankful for you. -Erica and Nathan

Sent on 08/26/2016

Best photographer!!! LOVE LOVE his work!!! It was raining and cold on our wedding day which was frustrating but I can guarantee you we have the best wedding pictures imaginable. Being that my wedding was in Fredericksburg, Texas and there are many photographers around the area I chose to go with Helo in San Antonio instead and couldn't be happier. Julio's Photos are Pure Art... I love his work because it's not ordinary, it’s unique. It's hard to fine photographers that can capture the art in a moment and he does with his lens. He and his staff accommodate to your imagination as we had Pinterest ideas we wanted to try. As a client, you can tell he takes his work very serious, and as a privilege, he aims to please.... He is great to work with and I highly recommend him

Sent on 12/04/2015

The skill of Julio and Helo Photography is excellent! They take beautiful pictures, and many of Julio's ideas for pictures were extraordinary. He was very flexible throughout the wedding, and took many pictures we had requested on the spot. We do wish there was a little more organization, and planning involved in the process (especially being new to wedding planning), but in the end, we are sincerely satisfied with results of the final product. There were a few imperfections at the wedding, such as flower girls standing where they shouldn't have been, but Julio did an amazing job photoshopping them out of pictures we had selected. The fastest way to contact Helo Photography is via phone, as email response time can be delayed. Overall, we are quite satisfied with Julio's photography skills, and he did an excellent job capturing many of the unforgettable moments.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2015

Photography is the MOST IMPORTANT vendor and we are so glad we went with Helo. We just viewed the shots that were taken and they are AMAZING! They captured our moments and memories. Helo showed up on time-early actually- and shot a lot of special moments (gift exchange, card reading, etc.) It was a tear jerker and almost ruined my make up, but I am so glad he shot and filmed these moments. We opted for the "First Look" so we could enjoy more of the wedding, but WE were running late and even though we had less time for shots- he got amazing footage. Helo's team were all friendly and helpful (as they helped us with posing) and everyone at the wedding thought they worked their ass off the entire night, as they never stopped. He has an eye to capture uniqueness and we can't wait to see our video. If you want the same boring pictures and video- do not go with Helo. If you are looking for someone to capture your memories and put it together as ART then look no further.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Julio and his team were the best photographers/videographers we could have asked for!
    My husband and I had so much fun shooting photos and videos with the team. They were kind, professional and very quick!
    Julio has a very creative eye and he took some super inventive shots that we would have never thought to get. He also did a great job capturing all of the traditional family pictures we wanted too! The video equipment was very advanced and it was cool to see the team capturing lots of live action during the ceremony and the reception. HeloPhotography really is the whole package!
    The pictures are stunning and we are so happy to have them as beautiful memories. We cannot wait to see the video!!!!!!!! :)

Sent on 10/09/2015

Kasie · Married on 09/12/2015

Helo Photography was nothing short of amazing. From helping us find the perfect spot for our engagement photos to capturing all our favorite moments at the ceremony and reception, Helo and the whole crew made our big day and the events leading up to it nothing short of amazing!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/11/2014

Brent and I felt our photographer was one of the most important vendors to hire. The photographer takes your wedding day- five hours of your life (which flies by) and makes it last a lifetime. We wanted to ensure the moments were captured perfectly. We interviewed 5 photographers over the past 3 years of our wedding planning and after reading Julio's reviews, seeing his work and meeting him in person, we made the PERFECT choice. He captured every moment of our fairytail wedding. He was absolutely fun to work with and made everyone feel comfortable. His eye for perfection and unique/creative photography made our wedding photos absolutely breathtaking. Julio sent a sneakpeak to my facebook page and our friends and family can't wait for us to post more. He exceeded our photography expectations! He is now our family photographer, if he will have us!!!

Brent and Kelly Mansfield xoxo

Sent on 10/31/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/03/2014

Julio was wonderful to work with! Responded quickly through email and text, kept up with the details better than I did, and was a reasonable price for the high quality work we received. I have always been camera shy and insecure about my appearance in photos. But Julio and Mack made me feel very comfortable. I was very, very pleased with the results -- the colors are vivid, the day was captured beautifully, and the photos look fresh and in the moment. All of the best memories were recorded so perfectly.

I am so happy that I chose Julio as my photographer. The dress was great, the food tasted wonderful -- but the photos are definitely the winners of this special day!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Julio's photos FABULOUS, so much better than the average photographer's wedding pictures. He was very professional, getting the shots we wanted, but taking care not to get in the way of our guests. He was fun to work with, even when we surprised him with unusual props. Helo Photography costs a little more than the average photographer, but Julio is worth every extra penny!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Linda · Married on 12/01/2013

Julio was such a blast to work with! I never imagined the amount of compliments we’d end up receiving from our photos (especially considering how non-photogenic my husband can be!), but everyone who’s seen them has had nothing but the very best things to say & have requested his contact info. My husband even admitted what fun he had during our photo shoots, and let's just say he's a tough one! Julio captured so many great styles of photos for us & I’m so happy to have the emotion of our wedding day now captured for a lifetime. Definitely worth every penny and much more! I know I won’t look back in 20 years and think my photos are outdated, like some people’s I know(haha, sorry mom ;)!!) considering he gave us such a generous variety of beautiful photos. All the photos were fabulous- from our engagements, to my bridals, to our wedding day. Not a single complaint. They were also delivered in the 2 weeks as promised. After getting to know Julio and receiving our photos, I can now say I feel honored to have had him photograph us. Thank you Julio for putting up with all of us and we look forward to having family photos done one day!!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Vivian · Married on 11/15/2013

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! He was not only a photographer, but a real artist! The photographs turned out AMAZING!!! We are 100% satisfied with Helo Photography and would recommend them to all of our friends and family! In fact, I told my husband, I want Helo photography to be our photographer for all of our pictures going forward! Also, the promptness on getting the link to our photographs was the fastest I've ever encountered! Keep up the great work, Julio!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Kristin · Married on 10/05/2013

We used Julio for our engagement photos, bridal and wedding photos.

Engagement: my "now" husband is horrible when it comes to taking photos..he just doesn't cooperate...However, Julio was able to make him feel comfortable and we had so many great shots, unreal...magazine quality!!

bridal: I did not get get my dress until the week before the wedding...he was able to work with me and get the shots...we were running out of daylight, so we were trying to rush...somehow, he was able to get so many amazing shots...It took me forever to decide which shot to use at the wedding...again, magazine quality!

Wedding: we were all running so late the day of the wedding and I had a HUGE wedding party (40 people)...he was able to still get some amazing shots...if you have a large wedding I would recommend being more organized than I was...give him a list of "must have" shots...then do the fun ones...I forgot to get many family shots, but that was my fault...

Highly recommend Julio, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Amber · Married on 08/03/2013

To sum things up, Julio was the bomb.com. Our engagement & wedding photos turned out stellar! Julio is so laid back, creative, and we had the best time working with him. He made me look and feel so beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer & will continue to cherish these photos for a lifetime.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Catherine · Married on 06/28/2013

Helo Photography was not only wonderful to work with, but they could not have done a better job at capturing the overall vibe of my wedding. Julio truly has a gift for finding shots that make you feel beautiful. He also very willingly working with my husband and I when we wanted our dog in some of the photos.

I have already recommended Julio to several of my friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Chrissy · Married on 11/10/2012

Julio did an amazing job on our wedding photos. I have had several comments from friends that they are the most beautiful and artistic wedding pictures that they have ever seen. He is truly an artist with an amazing eye for detail. Trust him and listen to his suggestions and you will have a great compilation of your wedding day.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Phuong · Married on 09/29/2012

Julio with Helo Photography is absolutely amazing. He takes the time to get to know what your style is and made us feel really comfortable. He shot our engagement photos and our wedding! His photography style will knock your socks off because the pictures are so vibrant and beautiful. The day of our wedding was a blur, but Julio was able to capture those special moments that we could not even remember!!! We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Amazing work that Julio did and his services were fast...I would recommend to any bride wanting great photography...

Sent on 12/23/2012

Ann · Married on 05/23/2011

Absolutely Amazing! Outstanding service, beautiful pictures, and timeless memories!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Brandy · Married on 05/14/2011

It was real pleasure to work with Julio of Helo Photography. Our wedding pictures are unforgettable: he captured the light, the magic moments, and delivered them in high quality photos.

It was a real pleasure to work with Julio and his talented team. We absolutely love our photos. We highly recommend Helo Photography.

Sent on 09/12/2011

Tiffany · Married on 02/12/2011

LOVED every MINUTE!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/23/2010

Helo Photography was fantastic for my bridal portraits and wedding day photos! Very professional. Appreciated to hear my ideas. VERY creative and helped with how much time should be alotted for pictures. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Jen · Married on 08/09/2010

Julio is a terrific photographer! He by far exceeded all expectations!!! He is very easy to work with and my engagement and my wedding photos were fab! Everyone loved them! I have used other photographers before and Julio gives you better packages, great prices and the quality is 10x better!!!

Sent on 04/21/2012

Rene · Married on 06/12/2010

Our wedding was very conservative, but knowing that photos live on for generations, this was one area we were unwilling to cut corners. Julio and West were simply the best. They are creative, worked tirelessly in their pursuit of the best shot/angle and most important patient! In fact, once they got into the "zone", we had to stop and drag them back to the wedding party. Helo Photography is truly 5 star!

Sent on 07/07/2010