Hello Super Studios Reviews

28 | Brooklyn, NY

28 Reviews for Hello Super Studios

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 0 Winner

Caitriona · Married on 08/03/2018

I cannot stress how beautiful my wedding video came out! I was so nervous it was going to feel forced and it was so natural and beautiful. I was on the fence about spending the money on video but it truly allows you to relive your wedding day!!!The team was a genuine A-team! They not only were professional but they went the extra mile to make sure my day was as effortless as possible! I could not come up with a negative comment if I even tried!

Erin · Married on 05/12/2018

Megan, Riley and Hello Super Studios are amazing! We used them as our videographer for our wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the decision. We really wanted some Super 8 footage in addition to regular footage and we had a hard time finding a videographer on the East Coast who did this. They do great Super 8 and regular! Megan and Riley were wonderful to work with - they are fun, creative, organized! Hire Hello Super Studios for your event! You will be so glad you did!

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2017

The Hello team exceeded ALL our expectations. Throughout our time working together, we were continuously impressed with their responsiveness, professionalism and organization. On our wedding day, Riley and Megan were supportive and made sure my husband and I felt at ease all day. The Hello team is super talented, passionate, sweet, patient, knowledgable and fun. Our final video left us speechless, the Super 8 combo gave it a magical touch. The Hello Team captured the energy and love felt at our wedding. The team incorporated songs we selected, paid great attention to detail and edited the film beautifully. We are so grateful to be able to relive our wedding day through our brilliant video. We shared our video and have received unbelievably positive feedback from our friends and family. We can't speak highly enough of the Hello Super Studios team! THANK YOU!

Jenna · Married on 10/22/2016

The Hello Super team is amazing and we could not be any happier with our video! Riley was so much fun to be with all day during the wedding and captured the most epic moments and the video flows together so perfectly with the songs we selected. Everyone went above and beyond to capture the moments we wanted but also to collaborate on ways to really show who we are as a couple in the video. I only wish we could get married again so we could spend more time with Hello Super! :)

• Laura

Laura · Married on 06/18/2016

Hello Super did a terrific job with our wedding highlights film! We were originally drawn to their work because we love the vintage and homey quality of super 8 film. The videos featured on their website were stunning and really seemed to capture the essence of each couple's day. We had high expectations for our film and can honestly say they were greatly exceeded! Megan and Wanna managed to capture so many details of the day, but the highlight was seeing our guests having a fantastic time! We have watched the video countless times and each time find ourselves grinning ear-to-ear. I highly recommend!

Aubree · Married on 09/12/2015

I was absolutely thrilled with my wedding video! I can't even begin to describe how perfectly they captured the day and how often I watch it. Not to mention I sobbed the first time I saw it because it was so moving to see how perfectly they captured the emotions of that day. I have gotten countless compliments on how amazing my wedding video was and people say it looks like they are watching a Hollywood movie. My dad still watches it everyday and we got married 4 months ago! I highly recommend them!! Megan was a pleasure to work with and her team knew what to do without me even saying a word. My wedding ended up being a bit chaotic due to a torrential downpour coming through minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start and you would never know that it wasn't the most gorgeous day ever and we were having the time of our lives!

Carmen · Married on 06/27/2015

We had the absolute best experience working with Megan from Hello Super Studios. She made the entire wedding day so fun and easy going and captured every special moment in the most perfect manner. I am in awe at her skills and her awesome personality. We watch the video over and over again and cry and laugh every time. Very highly recommend working with her!!

Kelly · Married on 05/10/2014

My husband and I are any thing but traditional and we loathe cookie cutter. We agreed that our wedding should tell our story in our own unique way. Without Hello Super Studios, that very story would be limited to merely descriptive words through the story teller's personal lens. Even the most descriptive words regarding our decor, emotions, tap dance, etc. wouldn't do justice to what Megan's creative instincts cemented in time for us. It's far too special of a day to not capture your wedding on video and if you cringe at formulaic approaches to anything in life, then you can't possibly go with any videographer but Hello Super Studios. The joy we've had from reliving what Megan beautifully captured is challenging to capture with words. Megan is one of the most artistically gifted people, I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She provided us with such a soothing energy throughout the day. No one will remember if you offer 7 or 5 appetizers at the cocktail hour or the thread count of your table clothes so shift your budget on the less important stuff to accommodate the most talented videographer you can book for your most special day. In the 7 months we've been married, we've watched that video with our families and friends countless times. They all gush how they've never seen a more amazing wedding video.
    Eternalize all the effort, money, emotion you put into the planning and preserve the memories. We like to think reliving how beautiful the day was, reminds us how lucky we are to have each other today.

"Perfect. Perfect. Perfect!"

"Wow!! What an amazing video. The night was truly captured!"

"Just gorgeous. I love it! Thanks for sharing, brought a big smile to my face :-)"

"That was so great!!! I loved watching it! Made me feel like I was actually there!"

Those are just a few of the reactions I got when I shared my wedding video with family & friends. I'm sharing their words because I honestly cannot rave enough about Megan myself. This video is already one of my most favorite parts from the whole wedding experience, and I cannot stop watching it (again & again) and picking out new details that I love each time. Even my husband is a convert - at first, he wasn't so sure about my idea to hire a videographer, but after watching our video, he immediately said how glad he was that we did it. To top it off, Megan is just so super sweet and was a pleasure to work with - she has a chill vibe and was a calming presence on the day of, especially during the "getting ready" part of the day when I was a ball of nerves. Once we got to the venue though, I can honestly say that I barely even noticed her there - that's how unobtrusive she & her assistant were. She really listened to what we wanted and delivered a video that was a unique, artistic blend of warm, fun & romantic that completely surpassed my expectations. I cannot recommend Hello Super 8 enough!

Mary · Married on 12/07/2013

Wow, I can not say enough great things about Megan Hill and Hello Super Studios. From the moment my husband and I met with her we not only knew we wanted to work with her, but we wanted to hang out with her and be her friend. This is hugely important when you'll be spending your entire wedding day alongside your videographer - you have to really like them in addition to their work! Throughout the whole process Megan was knowledgeable, professional, super responsive, and amazing to work with, and the the results surpassed our already high expectations. Both our highlights film and finished product were amazing and unique, and the packaging in which our film was delivered to us was beautifully personalized and made us smile. I've already recommended Hello Super Studios to friends getting married this year and would recommend to anyone who wants a truly unique, beautiful film created by an amazing person and professional. Thanks again, Megan and Hello Super Studios! You truly captured the spirit of us as a couple and our "old New York holiday party" wedding.

• F

Faye · Married on 09/07/2013

Working with Megan from Hello Super 8 was a dream. Choosing her as our videographer was the first vendor choice we made- and we are so happy we did! Her quality of work was worth every penny, and she was also so much fun to hang out with! Our wedding video is so special and will be something we can watch again and again. It is a piece of art! Thank You Megan. So much.

Adri · Married on 10/12/2012

I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about Megan and Hello Super 8. With Megan's amazing talent we were able to create a beautiful DIY wedding/honeymoon film. She was able to capture the feeling of the moment and essence of us as a couple. We can't stop watching our films! The editing, the music and the feel of both films are amazing. Thank you Megan, we will cherish our super 8 films forever!!

Alison · Married on 09/22/2012

Our video from Megan at Hello Super 8 is the most cherished possession from our wedding day, other than, of course, my husband and the future we will share together. We were married on Riverside Farm in VT on 9.22.2012. There was a lot of discussion as to whether or not we wanted video. Neither one of us was a huge fan of hearing ourselves on camera and my husband really did not like any of the over-produced, MTV music video-esque type wedding films. We also had invested in a great photographer and didn’t want a videographer with a huge camera and lights to be in his way. It was actually our photographer that recommended Megan. He works with A LOT of videographers and loved her style, the nostalgic feel of super 8 and her unobtrusive presence. Oh, and she’s sweet as pie! We could not agree more!! Megan was an absolute delight to work with. She has an amazing ability to capture all the wonderful and emotional moments and all the fun details without you feeling smothered. And the end product was more than we could have ever imagined. Being able to see and feel our happiness and relive the fun we had with family and friends is truly magical – and will be for years to come. Megan is a brilliant storyteller. She uses film to create a narrative of your day set to music that means something to you. The end product is a timeless masterpiece. Many people have asked me if video is an added bonus on top of photos, and I’d say they are equally important. There is something to be said for seeing the quiet moments that happen in between the camera shots.

Suzanne · Married on 10/14/2011

Even before I got engaged I knew I wanted my wedding video shot in Super 8 (although I didn't know it was called super 8, I just always referred to the opening credits of The Wonder Years). I searched online day in and day out, and was very discouraged after seeing that videographers did not offer this option. Finally my husband and I found Hello Super 8, and we knew instantly this is who we HAD to have for our wedding day. Megan was so friendly and accommodating the whole way through. She was able to capture both the sweet and wacky moments of our day. Everyone who has watched our video is blown away that a 10 minute video was able to tell the story of our day so perfectly. I would highly recommend Hello Super 8 to anyone who wants a unique and timeless wedding video.

Hannah · Married on 09/25/2011

I can't say enough good things about Hello Super 8. Megan was such a pleasure to work with and the final product was amazing! All of our friends and family are so impressed with how beautiful and magical the video is. I highly recommend working with Hello Super 8!

Maegan · Married on 09/10/2011

In the early planning stages of our wedding, we were certain that we wouldn't be hiring a videographer. That all changed while I was perusing weddings on stylemepretty.com. I happened to stumble upon a film created by Megan or Hello Super 8 and I was a goner. From my first contact with Megan I knew she needed to be part of our day. She was kind, laid back and let off an all around "cool" vibe. She made wedding preparations a dream, responding to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. Finally, the end product was AMAZING. She captured the essence of our wedding without flaw. It is a piece of art that will be cherished for generations.
    We are so glad we went with Hello Super 8, and would do so again in a heartbeat!

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2011

When first planning my wedding, I actually thought I would skip on having a videographer. Almost every wedding video I had seen previously was pretty boring and “blah” to be blunt. That was until I saw the sample videos on Hello Super 8's website and then I knew we needed to somehow rearrange our budget to allow for our big day to be captured in such a unique format. Let me just say… BOY am I ever glad I did!!! This has become one of the best decisions I made regarding the wedding day. It brings the day to life and I find myself watching it over and over, even my friends want to watch it over and over! I have had several friends tell me that they too did not think they wanted a videographer when they got married… but after seeing mine, they have definitely changed their minds. The Super 8 film does something magical that cannot be explained well… makes it an instant classic and feels so romantic and warm. Sharon Ruedeman was our videographer and she did a spectacular job, was so sweet and unobtrusive. I am so thankful for having such a beautiful film that we will cherish our entire lives!

Megan was wonderful. She made my daughters wedding into a special black and white silent movies with music chosen by us to tie it all together. We've watched the wedding over and over again. So many people commented on how different it was and enjoyed watching the wedding in a new format. We would HIGHLY recommend Hell Super 8 for anyone's wedding!

Elisa · Married on 07/23/2011

Megan from Super8 is fantastic. She is super friendly and talented. We got our films back last week and they are beautiful. We are so happy that we had decided to get a videograper and especially one as talented as Megan. It is pricey, but it is worth it. Photos just can't capture the day like film can. We love our wedding video so much we can't stop watching it. It's like reliving our wedding day!

Hello Super 8 was an amazing addition to our wedding, I cannot recommend them highly enough. We didn't want a regular videographer that goes around asking people questions and making them feel awkward. We wanted important things (like the vows) filmed digitally, but for the full video, we wanted something that captured the feel of the day and brought us back to the moment in a non-forced artistic way. What we got was a piece of art - our vows and important snippets, beautifully woven together with instantly classic, old-timey-feeling moments in Super 8. They worked with us in advance to be sure to capture all of our important moments, were there throughout the day but gracefully in the background, and gave us the keepsake on which we've received the most compliments and that we will treasure forever.

Mike · Married on 12/31/2010

Hiring Hello Super 8 was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Megan joined us in the Bahamas to film our nuptials over New Year's Eve and we couldn't have been happier with the result. She and her crew captured every moment perfectly and brought it together into a gorgeous, tactfully understated and very moving finished product. Is it bad to binge-watch your own wedding video for months on end? I want to divorce my wife and get remarried just so I can hire Megan again - she's that good.

Andrea · Married on 11/05/2010

Megan's talent cannot be described in a little box. Her videos are amazing. When we came upon her work when looking for something a little different, we were excited, but had no idea how pleased we'd be with our finished product. Our video is the perfect summary of our special day. We offered up a list of 10 songs and the ones she used seem as though they were made just for our movie. It's a classic look that will never cease to make us tear up and impress all who see it. We cannot say enough about how much we love Hello Super 8!!

Megan · Married on 08/14/2010

Choosing to film our wedding was not something my husband and I originally planned to do but looking back it was one of the best decisions we made. I do not think I can adequately describe how thrilled we were when we sat down a few months after our wedding to watch the film; watching the day play out in front of us was and remains truly special. It has not only been special for us but friends and family who have continuously asked to watch the film. The film has also provided sentimental moments that I never expected; whenever we hear certain songs that are part of the film we catch each other’s eyes and smile. It is something we will always treasure. Megan and her team at Hello Super 8 are beyond superb.

sari · Married on 06/19/2010

Megan is gifted. Her attention to detail and to beauty and her intuition came together in a magical way in our wedding film. It is much more emotional and intense than we could have dreamed. She somehow managed to include everything and everyone without making the camera obtrusive or even noticeable. In addition to the film itself, Megan is extremely professional, easy to communicate with, and kind-- I recommend her wholeheartedly.

Michelle · Married on 09/19/2009

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Hello Super8!!! Megan and Tatiana were fantastic to work with and I love, love, love our wedding film. I wanted to capture the day on film but I wasn't thrilled with the cheesy wedding videos out there. Then a friend told me about Hello Super8 and I knew instantly that I wanted to hire them. Our film has such a classic, vintage-y feel that you just won't get from traditional videography. I highly, highly recommend them. Worth every penny!