Hello Rose Photography Reviews

Hello Rose Photography 7
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 07/13/2019

Couldn't Be Happier

Emily and Tyler were a dream to work with, hands down our favorite vendor! Emily was extremely professional and prompt with email communication leading up to the wedding and was always available for questions /advice. Emily and Tyler made us and our wedding party feel extremely comfortable throughout the day and it felt like we were hanging out with old college friends. The quality of work exceeded our expectations and Emily captured so many wonderful moments of our family and friends throughout the day. We wanted some iconic Chicago photos to go with our iconic venue and Emily more than delivered. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Victoria Stevens · Married on 06/15/2019

Great photographers and experience

Choosing a photographer for our wedding day was one of the most researched and hardest decisions we made and we're so happy we chose Hello Rose Photography! We first met Emily during our engagement session and she instantly felt like a friend and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Living out of state and with limited time to travel, she was very accommodating and made time for us on a weekend. Our session was in the middle of the day (not ideal lighting) and our pictures turned out to be amazing!
    Leading up to our wedding day we communicated mostly by email and Emily was always quick to respond and answer all of the questions that we had. Come wedding day, both Emily and Tyler were so great to work with. So many family and friends commented on how nice, organized and professional they were throughout the day. The rain threw some of our plans off for pictures and they were both so calm and quick to make changes when we needed to. They were helpful and patient with directing and posing our large family shots and we never felt pushed to pose any certain way that wasn't "us".
    We are absolutely in love with how our pictures turned out and feel that they captured our happiness and day perfectly! They delivered on the style and shots we were hoping for and captured so many emotions and little moments throughout the day which were super fun to look back on. We were impressed with how quickly we got our pictures back too! We couldn't be happier with our experience working with Emily and Tyler and couldn't recommend them enough! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Victoria, thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We are so happy to hear that you love your photos and that we were able to be a calming presence on the wedding day. We value that so much!
  • Casey

Casey Farrell · Married on 12/08/2018

Exceeded our Wedding Day Dreams!

As a marketer and someone who is married to an art director, finding the right photographer was key. There was a lot of research and when we discovered Emily, we knew her style was just what we were looking for on our day. During the engagement session, Emily knew how nervous I was and she knew just how to loosen us up and get us to capture the perfect moments. On our wedding day, we had a very lengthy shot list and Tyler and Emily worked together to ensure that every photo was crossed off that list. It was winter, so finding the right locations was harder than normal. They did a lot of pre research themselves and thought of areas that we did not think of and became better than what we had originally imagined. Overall, their sweet, calm and professional manner helped us pull off the best wedding photos a couple could dream of and it was a perfect day.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Casey, thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We are so honored you chose us as your photographers and absolutely loved working with you and Dennis and your whole vendor team. :) So happy we were able to make it a dream day for you!

Natalie · Married on 11/18/2018

Incredible!

We LOVE Emily!!!! She did an amazing job capturing so many moments throughout our wedding day--she has such a natural style, which we love. She was amazing to work with as well--warm, fun, easy going...we felt like we could be completely ourselves with her and it was reflected in our pictures. We had such a great experience working with Emily (and her husband Tyler) and are thankful for her gifts as a photographer!! We have pictures that we will cherish forever! THANK YOU, Emily!!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Natalie, I'm so glad to hear you say you felt like you could be yourself - that's half of my job as a photographer. :) We loved the time we had with you and Blair - taking photos of you two really just felt like we were hanging out with lifelong friends!

Elizabeth Mckendry · Married on 10/20/2018

Don't LOOK further, you found it!

First off let me start by saying, if you want the best photos, without all the awkward posing, stop your searching and look no further then Emily. If you cant already tell from her work on her sites, her pictures are very natural, with very little to no posing. We worked with Emily for both our engagement and wedding. Working with her was a breeze. She made us feel at ease and comfortable and was very professional. Even during the planning process, she had me thinking of things that I would have never thought about without her. We were so happy with the final product of our wedding photos, and could not get enough compliments for our family and friends. THANK YOU EMILY!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Elizabeth, thank you! We loved shooting your wedding and loved getting to know your family and friends in the process. We’re so glad you love your photos and didn’t feel awkward taking them. :) That’s a win for us!

Heather · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely Amazing

So I went to go update my review to say that 1 year later and I still cannot stop staring at my wedding photos and want to wallpaper my house with them, only to find that I never finished posting my review! Sorry for being the worst bride ever!

Emily and Tyler are absolutely fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone in a heart beat! Emily and her husband, Tyler, traveled to Savannah to shoot my wedding Labor Day Weekend 2018 and I could not have asked for a better team. From the initial contact, Emily was responsive and professional. She made sure to get all the details, including shots we specifically wanted. On the day of, they both made everyone feel sooooo comfortable! I usually hate being photographed but I had so much fun that it wasn't awkward at all. She helped keep me calm during some of the craziness behind the scenes - like my wedding planner not showing up and no one know what was going on - and stepped up to help whenever she could. Emily and Tyler played well off of each other, got everyone laughing, and found shots that no one else would. They went out the day before to scout the area since it was a destination wedding for us too.

As for the actual pictures, they did not disappoint. My pictures were done much sooner than expected and are absolutely stunning. Like I said, I usually hate how I look in pictures and there is not a single bad photo - you can't even tell how sweaty I am! I literally want to put the pictures everywhere because they are so amazing. I would book Hello Rose Photography a million times over. If you are thinking about it, just do it! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Allyson · Married on 08/04/2018

Highly Recommend!!

I can’t say enough about Emily and Tyler! They were amazing to work with and produced some great photos from our big day. Emily, Tyler(my husband.. yes they have the same name) and I scheduled an engagement photo shoot about 6 times before it actually happened (because of weather) and Emily was so patient and accommodating! Because of reasons having nothing to do with Emily and Tyler, we were running pretty far behind schedule leading up to the ceremony. They both calmly made sure we got all the photos we previously discussed and still had fun in the process! (My) Tyler and I truly enjoyed working with them the day of. My big concern with the photos was that they were going to look forced, posed and unnatural. I feel that Emily really listened to that and made sure that we felt comfortable while taking the pictures to create a really nice and natural result. Before, during and even after our wedding she was so helpful and available for any questions I had. It didn’t hurt that she and Tyler got married at the same venue and had great personal experience to provide!

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Hello Rose Photography 16
    Hello Rose Photography 17
    Hello Rose Photography 18

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Allyson, thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Your words mean so much to us. We work hard to make sure people not only get good photos but also don’t hate the process of taking them so we are so happy we were able to make it a calm and fun experience. :) We loved working with you two and your family and friends. Thank you again for trusting us with your big day!

Caitlin Thill · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING photographer!

Emily is an angel!!!! Everything was perfect from start to finish! She’s quick, efficient, and SO talented. Her second shooter was her husband and I loved the dynamic they brought to my wedding day. When things got crazy they were calm and were still able to capture great photos through it all. She took a good mix of traditional and candid pictures. Highly recommend to anyone getting married in the Chicago/Indiana area!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Michelle Lee Urquidi · Married on 07/07/2018

An easy choice

I found Emily based off this beautiful picture I saw off Instagram. It was this amazing photo and I just though to myself.....I want that. I messaged her and she got back to me very quick with dates/pricing and ideas. I had a intimate wedding with less than 20 people. I did not want a huge wedding but I did want beautiful photos. Emily delivered that and more. My photos are genuine, authentic, intimate and simply look like my husband and I. Every time I pass my wedding photos in my hallway, I stop and smile. I recommend Emily to anyone. Whether you are eloping, having a huge affair or anything between. Emily is very professional, kind and easy going. I plan on using her for my future baby photos!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Michelle, thank you so much for your sweet words! So glad you loved your photos and I would LOVE to do your future baby photos. :)

Brianne · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with Emily for our wedding photographer was absolutely amazing!! Our engagement photo shoot was the perfect opportunity to get comfortable with Emily and in front of the camera, and we were totally excited about the result of our engagement photos. The days leading up to the wedding, Emily was incredibly responsive and made sure we had covered any and all details for the big day. One thing I loved about working with Emily is she is totally flexible in making sure you get the shots you want but staying true to her vision. Emily had her husband as her second shooter, which I absolutely love. What better way to capture our love on our wedding day than two love birds themselves! Emily and Tyler kept us on track and made sure we got all the photos I had requested. My friends and family were just raving about them days later, how kind and sweet they were and how they seemed to be everywhere at the wedding getting all the shots. Getting our wedding photos back, I was totally blown away. Not only are they gorgeous photos, but you can really see our love and happiness in each photo. Photography was the most important piece of wedding planning, as you have your wedding photos forever. Totally over the moon about our photos that we can treasure forever. Thank you Emily for capturing our big day!!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Brianne, thank you so much for this sweet review. I totally felt that value on photography you mentioned and that meant so much to us to be trusted with your day. THANK you for trusting us! We loved capturing your guys' love and all of your wonderful family and friends - we felt right at home with all of them. :)

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2018

Hello Rose Photography was our daughter's engagement and wedding photographer. Emily, the owner, is a master at taking the perfect moment in time and putting it in a picture! She is helpful, professional and accommodating. The engagement shoot was downtown Chicago and Emily walked for many blocks with my daughter and her fiancee to get just the right location! For the wedding, Emily arrived promptly and immediately went to work taking pictures of the day. She was never flashy or overbearing in her presence. She quietly went about her work, capturing every moment that was special to us. We are still waiting on the wedding photos (it's only been 3 days since the wedding, afterall!), but I know that they will be as spectacular as the engagement photos were.

Hello Rose Photography is based out of Valparaiso, Indiana, but Emily has no problem coming to Chicago and the suburbs to capture your special moments in time. She is worth her weight in gold! I know that in years to come, we will look at the wedding photos that Emily took and will be so very happy with our decision to have her as our photographer!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Hannah Dinterman · Married on 04/29/2018

Incredible.

We love Emily and Tyler!! Our engagement and wedding photos were more beautiful than I had ever hoped, and we loved working with them! They're both relaxed, fun, and so easy to be around in the midst of the craziness of the day (my husband later commented on how they felt like a seamless addition to the wedding party!) But they were also punctual, responsive, and thorough. I was overwhelmed by so much of the wedding planning, but Emily's thoughtfulness and calm confidence put me at ease. They're SO talented- it was easy to trust them. And they’re so flexible and gracious- they both adapted quickly to navigate difficult management at the venue, and pretty terrible lighting the whole day! Emily was attentive in wanting to capture any moments and vibe we were hoping for, but also had creative ideas for photos that turned out to be our favorites! She even captured sweet, small moments that I had missed throughout the day, but that were so fun to see later. AND she even had our photos edited and back to us within weeks! Seriously- I couldn’t recommend them more highly!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Hannah, thank you so much for your sweet words! Tyler and I absolutely LOVED working with you and Mitch and your photos are still some of our favorites. We had so much fun, we really did feel like a part of your wedding party. :) Thank you for both being so kind, welcoming, and down for anything!

Grace · Married on 03/24/2018

Emily and Tyler Talsma did an amazing job with our engagement photoshoot and wedding photos. We haven't even received all the prints from the wedding but the 20 or so photos we have received are perfection! They captured our personalities and the life and spirit of the wedding. They were so intentional in all of their work and communication from start to finish. We are blessed to have them celebrate and share in our special day together!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Grace! Gosh, we are so glad we got to work with you and Tyler. So sweet, flexible, madly in love, willing to hike through snow and rivers with the biggest smiles, just the best. :) Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for trusting us with your big day!
  • JenJahnke

Jen Jahnke · Married on 02/17/2018

More than we even asked for!

I used Emily for my engagement and wedding photos and could not be any happier. Booking a photographer in my opinion was one of the biggest decisions of the day.

I fell in love with how Emily captured natural moments. I wasn't looking for anything staged. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and natural during the entire process. She suggested great poses that weren't to "staged" and make sure that EVERY single picture we wanted to get on our wedding day was taken. I emailed Emily a lot during the wedding process and she always responded in a timely manner. I knew that I was in good hands on our special day.

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Hello Rose Photography 19
    Hello Rose Photography 20
    Hello Rose Photography 21
    Hello Rose Photography 22
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 01/13/2018

Its like you stepped out of a magazine!

Hello Rose Photography did an incredible job with our wedding! Every photo captured the moment beautifully. Emily and her team made my husband and I look like movie stars. The photos are breath taking. I had an idea of what to expect and they more than exceeded my expectations. Every penny we spent on our photos was worth it and more. We had more than average requests for photos and they delivered. I can't say enough. The pictures were my one thing I was willing to spend on for my wedding. The day goes by so fast I feel I missed so much and barely remember the details so the pictures are invaluable to me as Emily and her team got it all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for capturing our wedding and eternalizing the best day of our new lives together!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Hello Rose Photography's reply:

Victoria, thank you so much for your kind words and for trusting us with your vision! We felt so honored to be a part of your and Frank's day.

Mary Kate · Married on 11/18/2017

We couldn't be happier with Emily's work for our engagement photos and wedding photos. She made us feel so comfortable and natural on our big day. Emily has an excellent eye for details and capturing little moments. We are grateful to have had our wedding day captured so beautifully and will look back on our photos fondly for years to come.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/16/2017

We hired Emily for our wedding this past September and are so happy we did. She was so easy to work with, quick to respond, and truly captured our relationship in her shots. She made sure she knew what we wanted from her prior to the day so the timeline could go smoothly. Wedding day her and her husband (second shooter) were fun to work with and took a good amount of control so we didn't have to stress about anything. We have already gotten our pictures and love them all! She has a unique style that focuses more on raw moments, which attracted us to her work. She puts so much love into her work and it truly shows! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Stevie · Married on 09/03/2017

Hello Rose was the perfect choice for our Engagement and Wedding Photos. Emily even ate the eggs we made during our engagement home shoot! She had great ideas, listened well to ours, and made us feel so comfortable and at ease that we were able to capture true and genuine moments. She's not your loud and bossy photographer- she quietly steers you in the right direction with her great eye for detail. Emily & Tyler captured beautiful details of the big day and great couple/wedding party portraits. But best of all, they captured really really wonderful candid photos of expressions and emotion throughout the day. I could make a flip book of my Dad's first look and of the speeches (both of the best man, maid-of-honor, and laughing guests at the tables). They even stayed an extra hour at the reception to fill guest requests for group portraits on the stairs. We couldn't be happier with our choice of Hello Rose to capture our special day forever.

Sent on 04/19/2018

elyse · Married on 08/26/2017

Emily truly has an amazing gift and we feel so fortunate to have had her photograph our wedding. She was really flexible and ran around to multiple locations throughout the day to provide us with as many photos as possible. I love that her photos tell a story of our day and she got them back to us extremely quickly! We've received so many compliments by family and friends about how amazing the quality of the photos are. We could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Anna · Married on 05/27/2017

Emily is an amazing photographer! Her pictures are absolutely priceless. She is very kind, always put us as a couple first, and provided photos that perfectly captured the day!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Joanna · Married on 11/12/2016

We loved our experience working with Emily! We worked with her for an engagement shoot earlier this year, as well. We felt a little anxious about taking pictures- how to pose, etc.- but Emily was so easy to work with and good about giving prompts, that we immediately felt relaxed with her.

Before we even got our photos back, our parents and our guests were already raving about her and her assistant, Josh, on how professional and friendly they were on the wedding day. Emily got our photos back to us very quickly after the wedding, and they turned out amazing! We received a perfect blend of traditional posed shots, as well as the more natural-feeling shots that look great compiled in a book and will help us to re-live all the little moments of the day. I think my dad's friend perfectly summarized her work after seeing our gallery on her blog- "These are the kind of photos that everybody wishes they had of their wedding day." We would have to agree! Thanks again, Emily!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Mia · Married on 11/11/2016

If I could get married every year, I'd hire Hello Rose Photography every time (thank God I don't have to in real life). Emily was very professional, responsive, and overall displayed a super sweet and relaxed demeanor. Most importantly, our photographs were nothing short of stunning. People kept calling it the celebrity wedding. That is speaks to the way everything was captured.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Jenna · Married on 09/09/2016

Working with Emily was a dream come true. She was the first vendor I booked because I was obsessed with her style.

She was incredibly responsive and easy to work with from the beginning.

Our engagement pictures captured perfectly who we are. She made it so comfortable to be ourselves and it shows in the photos. She would take so many pictures without us even knowing so everything felt natural.

Our wedding day with her was a dream. All of our photos are incredible and we couldn’t be happier with them. She made sure all of our must have shots were captured and managed to wrangle our huge bridal party.

She is worth every penny to have memories last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kendall · Married on 08/21/2016

Hello Rose Photography is absolutely amazing. Emily is wonderful to work with and truly has such a gift. She has an eye for the perfect shots in the perfect locations and I love her photography style - kind of whimsical and romantic. She captured our day so wonderfully and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone searching for a photographer for their wedding day. So many people have told me how breathtaking our photos are and it's all thanks to her! She was also very speedy with getting the photos back to us which was a plus!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 08/13/2016

It was an absolute pleasure working with HelloRosePhotography for our engagement and wedding pictures. Picking a photographer was one of our hardest decisions and we are so happy with the quality of the photography and the unique and special moments that Emily was able to capture.

On a day that can be a flurry of events and full of emotion, Emily and her husband were a calming and wonderful presence. We were so pleased to not only have such great photos, but also to have the opportunity to get to know Emily and her husband during the process. Thank you HelloRosePhotography for going above and beyond in so many ways. We hope to see you again someday!

Sent on 12/08/2016