Hello Lovely Reviews

Hello Lovely 2
  • Megan

Megan Mattison · Married on 11/10/2018

Just Do It!

Every girl wants to feel beautiful and amazing on her big day! Ashley, and her team, did just that and so much more!
    Soon after I got engaged, I knew I needed the best for hair and makeup. Due to health reasons, I was losing my already very fine/thin hair. I sent a few emails and read countless reviews in search of someone that could work some magic for me. I was literally in tears, and completely stressed on how I would be able to look decent, let alone good. I'm talking practically no hair people, even too thin for extensions. I met with Ashley, and another stylist at the salon, and they developed a customized plan for me. Ashley alleviated my fears; I immediately booked her that day.
    Fast forward to my wedding day... Ashley knocked everything out of the park! Everything looked wonderful and perfectly matched! Don't even get me started on my makeup (insert heart-eye emoji). I felt total Hollywood status!
    Erin with Hello Lovely was also great, she did my hair and makeup for engagement photos.
    If you're looking to be well taken care of by the best of the best, then definitely book Ashley, with Hello Lovely!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Allison · Married on 09/15/2018

Stop your search for a hair stylist for your wedding now! I contacted over 20 vendors in regards to hair for my wedding- most didn’t respond or refused to do on site services. I got married on my grandparents farm and it is a family tradition to get ready in the farm house. Hello Lovely got back to me immediately and was available for on site services. Another stumbling block I ran into was that I only needed services for me (the bride), my sister (MOH), and my best friend (bridal attendant). Of the small number of vendors who contacted me back none of them besides Hello Lovely would come to you if you had a smaller wedding party. From the moment Jennifer at Hello Lovely contacted me back I knew I was in good hands. They have an online contract you look over and sign. You are even able to check and see if they have your date available online before they contact you back! You are able to book and pay for every service online. It was incredibly convenient and was great for record keeping and budgeting purposes for my wedding. I had two hair trials by Ashley the owner at Hello Lovely. On the first one she came to my house and worked on my sister and I for 4 hours. We tried out 4 different hair styles for me and found the perfect one. Ashley made sure I was happy and helped me find what I really wanted in regards to hair for my big day. The second hair trial I visited Ashley at her salon after I had my makeup trial done to see my full look. It was amazing! On my wedding day Ashley was actually early, making sure she had enough time to style 3 of us. She works efficiently and quickly but does amazing quality with her work. I’ve been a bridesmaid in several weddings before and my updos always always always fall out on the dance floor. Ashley worked magic on my hair! I danced all night and not a single hair fell out of place. My hair looked flawless and soft all night. Thank you Ashley!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Hello Lovely's reply:

Allison, we are so honored that out of all of the options you have for hair and makeup services you chose us! We are even more elated that you felt and looked beautiful the entire night!! We truly care about making sure we take care of you and your bridal party, no matter the size. A big part of our job is to make sure it is as stress free as possible. It was such a pleasure for us to be able to come to you to help you get ready for one of the most memorable days of your life. Thank you for all of the kind words. We wish you nothing but the best Allison! Take care.

Gloria · Married on 09/08/2018

My experience with Hello Lovely has been nothing but amazing! Ashley and her team take the time to really listen and put together the look and feel that you want! They take that info and transform you into a beauty for your big day! I wouldn't change a thing, my bridal party was beyond blown away with the level of service and glam they received! I got so many compliments about their experience with Hello Lovely! Highly Recommend!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Hello Lovely 4

Crystal · Married on 09/17/2017

They were great!!! Couldn't ask for a better team! First I had planned them doing only the hair but I found out my make up girl canceled on me 2 months before the wedding so I asked them if they could do it & they were very happy to do it as well!!! Love you girls!!!! They were the Best!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Hello Lovely's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! So glad we could help Crystal. We enjoyed working with you and wish you the very best in the years to come!

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

Ashley and team were awesome!! They got to our hotel at 8am and started very promptly. Ashley started on my makeup, and the 3 other girls got started on everyone else’s hair/makeup. We had 9 girls get their hair done and 7 girls get their makeup done. Sounds daunting but they got it done in like 2 and a half hours which was incredible. Ashley made sure she did my hair too.

Ashley had come to my house to do my trial a few months before the wedding and had such a good strategy, she asked us to take pictures of anything that changed/messed up with my hair/makeup throughout the day so we would be able to prevent it on the day of the wedding. Only a couple tweaks on the day, overall it was perfect.

All of the girls were really easy to hang out with and talk to and it was just a lot of fun. Ashley even did a really sweet prayer with me right before she left and it was very thoughtful.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Hello Lovely's reply:

So so happy to hear this! We are so glad we could be a part of your wedding day. Thank you so much for choosing us! We appreciate you. :)

Sheila · Married on 07/01/2017

Ashley Backs and her team did an amazing job. She did my daughter’s make up for her bridal portrait, wedding day and post wedding photo shoot. My daughter had different hairstyles and Ashley was able to successful complete the vision that my daughter had for each event. Her team came in on the wedding day to my home and was able to wrap up hair and make up for the bride; 6 bridesmaids and myself in 2 hours! I appreciated that they came to my home so we could all get ready together and I didn’t have to miss any of my daughter’s activities.

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • elleng23

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

Mati did such a wonderful job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day! It was amazing how quickly she did it, and it lasted through the crazy heat and humidity, which I was worried about. I felt absolutely beautiful, but still like myself. Best of all, she took time after she was finished to pray for me and the day; it was truly heart-warming! I would highly recommend Hello Lovely to other future brides.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Anna · Married on 06/16/2017

Trusting someone with your appearance on such an important day is so vulnerable, but I'm so glad it was Hello Lovely, and Mati Hilton! I did a lot of research before selecting them and all the reviews said they were incredible. I was not disappointed. Not only were they professional, precise, and gave me exactly what I wanted, but they also added warmth and kindness to my special day. The whole staff was extremely professional and genuine. And Mati was a gem! She and her team made getting for my wedding extra sweet. They were flexible, professional and fun! I had never had my hair professionally done and she was an absolute genius with both my hair and makeup! I asked for a few tweaks post-trial and Mati did exactly what I asked and made it all perfect. I LOVED how I looked and how I felt as a bride. I got tons of compliments on both my hair and makeup and was told by multiple people that I looked "flawless" and "beyond stunning." They made me look even better than I hoped! And my mom, mother-in-law and bridesmaid all LOVED their looks as well. Don't hesitate in choosing Hello Lovely. They are the best.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Christiana · Married on 01/14/2017

Absolutely use Ashley from Hello Lovely! I was unsure about getting both hair and makeup but after meeting, I had no doubt she'd help make the day perfect. No stress on the big day because I just relaxed and when she arrived she did hair and makeup, talking me through everything. She is so sweet and all of the bridesmaids loved having her around while we were getting ready.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Hello Lovely's reply:

Christiana, it was such a pleasure to serve you on your wedding day! Thank you for choosing me to help you feel your most beautiful. I can't wait to see photos! That blue couch in the bridal suite made my heart flutter!!!

Amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

I loved my experience with Hello Lovely. I went to their studio and had a hair and makeup trial before booking. I will say that the price of the trial is a little expensive, but I do understand that it takes their time and expertise. At my trial I showed Ashley my Pinterest boards for hair and makeup, as well as images from magazines. She created a hairstyle and makeup that were EXACTLY what I was looking for! I was so impressed by the questions she asked me, such as whether or not I wanted my freckles covered up. I was so nervous about looking over-done on my wedding day, but Ashley really listened to my request for a natural look.

My wedding day was several months later, and Ashley and her team came to our venue to do hair and makeup on me, my two bridesmaids, and our mothers. They really listened to what everybody wanted and were done SO fast. I had problems with my mascara after the trial and Ashley gave me several options to fix it on my wedding day which I really appreciated. My hair stayed perfect all day and night, except for one piece that my bridesmaid had to re-pin. Every time I looked in the mirror I felt like me, which was so important to me.

I would 100% recommend Hello Lovely to all future brides!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Hello Lovely's reply:

Amanda thank you so much for allowing my team and I to spend the morning with you and your family. It was so relaxing and fun to treat you ladies like queens for the time we were with you. I loved seeing your pictures! Everything was so beautiful!

melissa · Married on 11/12/2016

Everyone in this business is committed to making you feel beautiful on your big day! I worked with Mati and she took all of my makeup and hair ideas and created something unique and perfect! She has been great at replying to my emails quickly and is wonderful with my friends and family. She's taken a lot of the stress out of a stressful day! I will recommend Hello Lovely without hesitation and am so glad I made this decision!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hello Lovely's reply:

Melissa, Thank you so much for your kind words! Mati loved working with you on wedding day! You looked perfect!

Hannah · Married on 11/11/2016

I can't say enough about how awesome Ashley is at what she does. I was blessed enough to reserve her for the day of my wedding and I am so glad I did. She did everything exactly how I wanted it and I couldn't have been more happy. Not only is she super quick with hair and make-up but she is so efficient. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she did it. I was truly amazed. If you want to look your best on your wedding day, book Ashley and her team. They are so great!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Hello Lovely's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing me and my little company! It was such a pleasure to serve you on your wedding day. Wishing you blessings and happiness with your new husband!

Anna · Married on 10/29/2016

Loved it, I felt and looked beautiful on the day of and so did my bridesmaids who got services.

Hello Lovely's reply:

We are so glad that you loved all your services! Thank you for choosing us!

Brianna · Married on 10/22/2016

They were great! Showed on time and did an amazing job on everyone. I was even offered to say a prayer with my hair stylist before she left which absolutely warmed my heart! They are fun and very comfortable people to be around!

Hello Lovely's reply:

We are so glad you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing us and letting us make you feel beautiful.

Meg · Married on 10/22/2016

Ashley did the makeup for myself, 2 bridesmaids and my mother for my October wedding in downtown Kansas City. She was an absolute delight to work with. She kept in touch between the makeup trial and the wedding day. She did an amazing job on our makeup. It turned out great for pictures and we all received several compliments that day specifically on our makeup. She was also efficient- on such a hectic day she got our makeup done pretty quickly- but did not sacrifice quality or effort.

Hello Lovely's reply:

It was a pleasure to serve you on your beautiful day. Thank you for allowing me to help you feel your most fabulous!

Lindsay · Married on 10/15/2016

Ashley and her team were amazing! She was prompt in responding to e-mails, very efficient on the wedding day getting everyone's hair/make-up done, and gave me the exact look I was going for. I opted to do a trial and on the wedding day Ashley made the changes I wanted perfectly. Very kind and professional, I highly recommend Hello Lovely for any bride!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/02/2016

Maddie did my hair and makeup for my wedding day in October. She asked helpful questions to figure out exactly what I wanted, and then executed perfectly. My hair and makeup turned out even more beautifully than I imagined it would and she was professional, calm, efficient, and sweet the whole time. It did so much for my nerves to have someone pamper me before I walked down the aisle and my hair/makeup lasted through tears and sweat. Best part was she prayed with me before she left and it not only blessed me SO much, but it helped me feel a calm excitement over the huge step in life I was about to take. Thanks so much, Maddie!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Erica · Married on 09/04/2016

I had such an amazing experience with Hello Lovely! I struggled a lot with where to begin in selecting bridal hair, and came upon Ashley's contact information within just a few months of my wedding. She was so pleasant to speak with on the phone, I felt extremely comfortable booking without meeting in person/having a trial prior to committing. Due to Ashley already being booked on my big day, Mati was who I was fortunate enough to have do my hair. I did a trial with her at their space, and both ladies were the sweetest and so helpful with my indecisiveness. The day of my wedding, Mati and her team traveled to my hotel and did 9 women's hair (myself, bridesmaids, and mothers). WOW, they have it down to a science! Not only was I able to pay the invoice a week prior and not have to worry about payments that morning, but Hello Lovely will always send as many stylists as needed to have all hair done within 3 hours. I think ours was finished in 2.5! This was incredible and allowed all of us a little more beauty sleep. They also set up in the hotel suite, but it looked like a mini salon! Everyone loved their hair and felt so beautiful throughout the evening. I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect for my own updo! It was so me and exactly how I wanted to feel on my wedding day! Soft, romantic, slightly modern, beautiful!! Mati was able to work with my extensions and help put them in. One of my favorite things of my wedding morning was when Mati asked if she could pray for me and my husband-to-be. All of my special women gathered around and she spoke the most thoughtful and meaningful words as she prayed for our wedding day and our marriage. It was so touching and really allowed me a moment of calm and focus on the real reason of the day. I feel as though the women of Hello Lovely are more friends than vendors, and I can't wait to continue following their work on social media! Thank you, ladies!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Hello Lovely's reply:

We love hearing about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind words. You looked stunning on wedding day! Praying for you and your husband to be blessed with happiness and love for many years to come!

Carrie · Married on 08/19/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Ashley and her wonderful team! From the moment I reached out to Hello Lovely to my hair and makeup trial, and our big day, the team was thoughtful, responsive, and super helpful as our wedding had to be moved up a few months due to unforeseen circumstances. I worked closely with Ashley to determine the perfect hair and makeup style for our wedding theme as well as the texture of my dress - I provided some inspirational pictures, but Ashley also provided her recommendations, which I very much appreciated.

On the day-of Ashley, Mati and Emily helped beautify me and my bridal party. They made us feel extremely relaxed, made us laugh, and did something I'm sure not many hair and makeup artists do - prayed with me before they sent me off to get into my dress. That moment brought me to tears, and truly shows that Hello Lovely is not your typical wedding vendor. They truly care about you, your story, and making you feel the most beautiful you've ever felt on your wedding day! Thank you Ashley & team. <3

Sent on 08/25/2016

Brenda · Married on 08/13/2016

What I liked was that the stylists listened to our bride to get her overall vision of the wedding and were then able to incorporate each ladies individual ideas to create a customized look for each lady that fit within the overarching vision for the wedding. The studio where the trials took place was fantastic. Trial day was easy and fun - the stylists are friendly and engaging. The stylists took good notes including pictures to facilitate smooth execution on the big day! The day of the wedding Ashley's crew showed up on time and professionally navigated change-ups on several of the ladies hair styles and makeup. I appreciate everything that Ashley and her crew did to make my daughter and son-in-law's day exactly what they wanted. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any bride.
    Sincerely,
    Brenda K (Mother of the bride)

Sent on 12/07/2016

From beginning to end I had a memorable experience with Ashley and her awesome team! Ashley understood my needs and was very patient with me. The week before the wedding I had a change of heart on my hairstyle and she made sure to get me in and put my mind at ease. The day of was just as great Ashley and her team were speedy but detail oriented and I couldn't of been happier with the whole experience. Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Abby · Married on 01/16/2016

Mati was incredible!!! The trial went perfect and she totally understood what I was going for. The day of she was so professional and easy to work with, even when we ended up adding on an extra service without any warning! I cannot thank her enough for making me feel beautiful for my wedding and my bridesmaids loved her work as well. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Great hair and makeup

I loved working with Hello Lovely they were incredibly accommodating! I had 10 people that needed to be done in basically 2 hours! Everyone looked beautiful and loved their hair and makeup! I even got my mom into fake eyelashes which is still crazy to me! I really liked Ashley and she worked with my every changing style. I really liked my second trail hair do, on the day we were a little rushed and I think my hair was just a little off for me but stayed put and did the trick. I also asked for a last minute change to my makeup that seemed to not work and she was so great at did some last minute magic! Overall I think the day went better than I thought it could of!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2017

They did great! I felt beautiful! Loved that they came to us!

Sent on 07/18/2017