Heirloom Foto Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Christina
    Christina N. Married on 01/01/2022

We have memories to last a lifetime!

Andrea and Alex surpassed every expectation I had a more! I could not be more honored and thankful that Josh and I found the most dynamic, and talented dream team to capture our special day. From day one, meeting a coffee shop, getting to know each other during our engagement session (which by the way sooo much fun), and lastly on our special day, Andrea never skipped a beat. She is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!! She has an unmistakable eye, and captured us perfectly.

We are 3 months in, and Josh and I have looked over our wedding album countless times. Every time stopping on a different photo, and reminiscing how we were feeling at that exact moment. As a bride, I am so thankful I had Andrea by my side. My family and wedding party raved over her professionalism and craft! Not only is she AMAZING, super sweet, but also funny, she will make you feel comfortable and natural in front of the lens. I honestly made the best decision asking Andrea and Alex to capture our love story!

From one bride to another, trust me, she will blow your mind!

Andrea: Josh and I are FOREVER grateful!
    Christina P. Married on 08/14/2021

Excellent Videographers

Andrea and Alex were our videographers during our wedding and we very much enjoyed working with them! They were funny, kind, and gave wonderful direction which is important to me because I am not very comfortable in front of the camera. Their personalities were so wonderful that I really felt like I was around some friends which made me feel more relaxed. They were able to seamlessly blend into the crowd so that I hardly even noticed they were there filming, but I know they captured all of our great moments. I am so very happy that we hired them and cannot wait for our wedding video.
    Kyle L. Married on 03/11/2020

Genuine and Detail Oriented

I cannot recommend Andrea enough! I knew from the initial conversation we had that she was the photographer for my wife and I. Her personality makes you feel comfortable taking photos in front of a stranger (can no longer consider her a stranger!), and does an amazing job capturing each moment perfectly. She made the trip to Chicago for our engagement shoot and the ceremony/reception, and was accommodating in every regard. Her photography style is genuine and the care and attention she puts into the photo shoot and editing is unmatched.
    We could not have asked for a better photographer and we are extremely thankful to have had the opportunity to meet such an amazing individual!
  • Amy
    Amy L. Married on 02/29/2020

A Dream Photographer

We could not rave enough about our experience with Heirloom Foto! Andrea is so down to earth and makes you feel so incredibly comfortable. After we met her, we felt like we'd been friends for years! She's very professional, organized, and artistic! She did both our wedding and engagement photos and the came out so incredible. She goes the extra mile and will literally lay down on gravel to get the most perfect angles and shots! Her work is the stuff of dreams and I guarantee you will love this gem of a photographer!
    Bianca R. Married on 01/20/2020

All of our favorite photos..

Andrea is amazing, I don’t know how she does it honestly- but nails it every time!!! We’ve booked her for full hour long shoots, and spontaneous 20 minute mini shoots and we’ll keep booking her every time she’s close to Portland because ALL of our favorite family photos are taken by Heriloom ❤️ So sweet, personable and great at capturing personality
    Lavi Married on 01/17/2020

She’s amazing!

Coming from a person who is extremely camera shy, Andrea makes you feel so comfortable when photographing you and effortless. She has the best ideas and knows how to guide and pose you in a photo which can be overwhelming for some. Like, what do I do with my hands? Haha. Andrea is so down to earth and knows instantly what looks best. You can definitely trust her with photographing any special event or time in your life. You won’t regret it, she’s amazing! Super happy with my photos I will cherish forever!
  • Lisa
    Lisa S. Married on 11/16/2019

Incredible experience.

Andrea and her husband Alex were so incredible to work with! The talent behind the photography team is evident from the first communication to the delivery of our beautiful wedding photos! It is obvious that they put in the time and effort into learning about their clients and how to best cater to them! I’m so grateful I chose Heirloom to capture my wedding day. Incredible photos that I will cherish forever!
  • Rikki
    Rikki Married on 10/26/2019

Kahley/Phillips Weddinf

Andrea and Alex were both so professional, but most importantly amazingly talented!!! They captured our day so perfectly!! The photos were so so good and she even gave me like 200 extra that I wasn’t expecting. We did have to wait 3 months after the wedding for our photos, but I don’t say that as a bad thing. You want someone that takes their time editing your photos and video so you know they’ll be good. They worked so well with all my vendors and communicated with me before the day of so we made sure no picture got left out. They are absolutely worth every $$$$!!!!
  • Olaya
    Olaya L. Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing Photographer and Human!

Best decision ever made. What an awesome experience from start to finish. Andrea is an amazing photographer and an absolute professional. Her work is stunning, so delicate and super talented but also an amazing human being! We felt really comfortable having her around during our intimate wedding even she got emotional while we were praying before the ceremony. I would recommend her 110% you won't be disappointed!
    Joyce S. Married on 10/08/2019

Photos are a dream!

Andrea and her team were a dream to work with. We had the luxury of hiring them for the whole weekend (rehearsal dinner, wedding day, day after pictures), which I would highly recommend if you have the finances. I was so concerned of being awkward with posing but she did phenomenal with cuing. They were also just such great people that you couldn't help but be relaxed. The photos themselves are just perfect. Her style is exactly how we wanted to remember our weddings, so we are so excited and thankful to have our special weekend captured through her creativity.

Wouldn't have wanted any other person. Thank you Andrea!
  • Ryan
    Ryan Married on 09/28/2019

Terrific on every level!

Andrea was as good as it gets! Her creativity and enthusiasm during our time with her was so great. She did both our engagement and wedding photos. She captured everything so brilliantly. HIRE HER! You won’t regret it.
    Amy Married on 01/12/2019

10/10 Service!

If I could go back and hire Andrea all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat! Hiring her and Alex was the best decision we made for our wedding. We cherish our photos so much.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 12/21/2018
    It is a joy for me to write this review to acknowledge and honor the work of Andrea Miclea.
    In light of my upcoming wedding, I came to know her through one of my best friends who assured me that her photography was top-notch. Given that I live in Southern California, knowing that Andrea is based out of Atlanta gave me some hesitation at first; however that was almost immediately relieved by the opportunity I had to meet her while on a work trip to Atlanta. We met up and discussed many of the core details of my upcoming wedding (December 2018). But it was not just the fact that she took interest in the logistical side to the photography, but the personal aspect. Her devotion to being in-tune with myself and my fiancé was something that blindsided me. needless to say, I greatly appreciated her genuine interest in my relationship and its well-being. She showed me around Atlanta as she shared the manner in which she approaches her photography. She shared wedding tips, to-do’s and what-not-to-do’s. She also informed me that her and her husband do videography and the creative ways in which they incorporate drone-footage into their work.
    She was genuinely interested and did not try to up sell me anything and gave me a package deal that I could not refuse. She agreed to photograph and film my wedding in December in Los Angeles four days before Christmas. My fiancé and I were able to fly Andrea to LA from Atlanta with a week and a half notice for our engagement shoot
    She knows locations like the back of her hand. Her nickname is GPS and it is very fitting for her. She took my fiancé and I to a nice coffee shop in Venice, CA and then to the Getty Villa in the Pacific Pallisades and then to Malibu Beach. 3 outfit changes, 3 locations, 3 hours was an absolute blast with Andrea. She can talk to you about pretty much anything.
    You feel comfortable in front of her camera. My absolute favorite thing about Andrea is that she is both an expert and a student in her field.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 07/21/2018

Andrea is an expert in her craft

Andrea is an expert in her craft. I have had the opportunity to work with her and she is a dream photographer for a videographer. Very respectful on the space I needed to get my shots, a great director to the bride+groom during portraits (which made my job easier), and a FUN person to hangout with during the wedding day. Also her husband/second shooter went out to get us yummy coffee mid day. What more can you ask for???? I have also been photographed by Andrea and her mix of easy + hype energy not only makes you feel super comfortable in front of the camera but is a great combo to step out of your comfort zone for some creative shots.
    Kendall Married on 04/28/2018
    We knew very early in the process that the photos would be the one thing we looked forward to holding on to forever and passing down to our future family. We knew we wanted someone who could capture our moments and personality in a unique and fun way. We are not the typical lovey dovey couple and have always had a very laid back style to our relationship. So it was important for us to choose a photographer that understands our style and personality, and would incorporate that style in our photos. Andrea, is the type of photographer you just don't always find. There are some photographers who are laid back and casual, and then there are those who are dedicated and passionate about their craft, and the people they are working with. Andrea is both and then some. We were comforted by her genuine personality, her willingness to climb rocks just to get the perfect shot, and her commitment to making sure we were ultimately happy with our photos. Her passion for photography was noticeable immediately as she took the time to get to know us as a couple and the places we wanted our photos done. She was diligent about capturing our fun and goofy side, while displaying our romance through the camera lens. She simply captured our very best. She and her husband, Alex, are a phenomenal pair to work together. There's something truly unique about having a couple take photos. It's almost as if instinctively they knew exactly where and how to photograph us. But one could say it's their ability to reflect their love for one another in how they capture us. These are not just prints to download or post on social media. The product we received embodied everything we want to show our kids and grandkids years from now. To be able to show them our personality and quirkiness in its’ most natural and beautiful state. It was a privilege to be able to work with a professional that allows such freedom in being photographed, and someone we could trust to capture those once in a lifetime moments.
  • User2518809 2+ years ago
    "Andrea and her husband Alex are excellent photographers. My fiancé and I approached Heirloom Workmanship to take our engagement photos, and I was absolutely thrilled with the quality of the images. I have already sent the photos out, framed some of them, and posted numerous images on social media. The Micleas know their craft very well, providing professionally enhanced digital images, and more than that, they are great directors. My fiancé and I have a large height difference and do not always know what is the most flattering poses for us, however we were directed in a way where we felt comfortable, and we have even learned what works and what doesn't when modeling as couple. Moreover, Alex and Andrea are extremely personable, professional, and offer their positive attitudes and genuine personalities. Their photography is consistent and they are always willing to work with your personal vision. Whether it be a wedding, engagement, new born, maternity, or just-because Heirloom Workmanship will exceed your expectations!"
    Elizabeth Married on 03/19/2016
    I did my engagement shoot with Heirloom Workmanship. Andrea was our shooter for the day and she was great! She was flexible with her schedule as I had to reschedule our shoot. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera (my fiancé is camera shy). I love the fact that she kept the editing to a minimum. That is true talent! She just enhanced the content of the photo and kept everything natural. She truly is a passionate and artistic photographer! I definitely recommend Heirloom Workmanship.
  • User2505756 2+ years ago
    Heirloom Workmanship are passionate about what they do. They gave us their undivided attention and made sure they met our needs. They will go above and beyond to make their clients satisfied.
    Rebeca Married on 10/25/2015
    Last year 2015, my fiancé and I were planning our fairytale wedding, I was mostly struggling with trying to find the best photographer that can capture the laughter and love between us but I couldn't either it was too pricey or just not good enough by the reviews I've read. Everyone I knew has told me to make sure I had a top notch photographer which put more stress on us. As the pressure piled up, I got sick of it and went on Google and picked one, as horrible as it sounds, sadly I made a mistake. The photographer I chose was very unprofessional. When we got back my engagement photos, I was modified...picked up the phone and immediately canceled everything!!!! I lost money sadly but we never had to speak to him again. That's when found out about Andrea her wonderful skills. I knew her a little for a cople of years by My sister. For months, my sister have been telling me I know someone who is amazing with photos, so I gave in and she told me it was Andrea, I was suprised because I didn't know so I called made an appointment for our engagement photos. I told myself if I likey engagement photos, she's doing my wedding! So when I got the photos, I was in shock, I couldn't believe how great she was and what suprised me even more was when I got my wedding photos back, I mean my husband was stunned :) so happy. On our wedding day she made me feel comfortable and be silly and have a good time with her. She even got her husband to take photos of the guys and my groom and they were perfect. Anything you needed she was there, I'm talking about time, getting what we needed, all just to make our day stressless. Price as well was great. We didnt worry about one thing and we are happy to say we were very pleased by how professional and flexible they were to us.
  • User2489908 2+ years ago
    We have had our engagement, wedding and maternity photos done with Heirloom Workmanship. Needless to say, we are loyal customers!
  • User2489909 2+ years ago
    Love love love their work. They did so much to make us happy on our wedding day.
  • User2505785 2+ years ago
    HW is organized, punctual, passionate, and above all else love people. We felt so loved on our wedding day.
  • Briana
    Briana Married on 09/20/2014

Absolutely amazing! Highly Recommend.

Andrea truly has a gift and an eye for catching the most beautiful parts of your day and delivering gorgeous photos. From weddings, to family sessions, she has such a way to find the most authentic and beautiful moments you can keep forever. She is super easy to work with, makes you feel comfortable from the start and delivers in impressive time. We have used her for many of our family sessions as well and each time we are amazed and so incredibly impressed. Can't say enough!
  • User2505765 2+ years ago
    I initially had someone else booked for our wedding day, but that fell through two weeks before our wedding day. My husband and I were so stressed out. We thought we wouldn't find anyone else in time for our special day. Another friend of ours had worked with Alex and Andrea before and recommended them to us. Let's just say these two are angels. They are hilarious and absolutely made us comfortable in front of the camera. If I could, i would hire them again. Maybe for our future baby bump!?
  • User2489906 2+ years ago
    Andrea and Alex provided exceptional service for our wedding. Not only are they creative and fun, but they truly have a passion for what they do. They also threw in a trash the dress shoot for us. Hey, I'm not complaining.