Heavenly Delights Bakery Reviews

1 User photo

• Marlena

Marlena P. 路 Married on 08/15/2020

Super flexible, dependable baker

I shared a picture of the cake we liked and she ran with it! The cake was perfect! She delivered and setup on our big day and was the easiest, low maintenance vendor ever! Very modestly priced for fabulous product and service! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Marlena. It was so wonderful to work with you to create the perfect cake for your big day! So happy you enjoyed it. 馃槉

Renaye S. 路 Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing cake

So many guests commented on how yummy this cake was and it looked great too. Excellent service.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Renaye. So happy to hear you enjoyed the cake. It was a pleasure working with you to create this cake. I wish you many years of wedded bliss 馃槉

Jeannie 路 Married on 08/25/2018

Deliciousness

Deb is the best! We booked a cake tasting with her after looking at all of the different designs of cakes she had on her facebook page. We opted to try about 6 or 7 different types of cake and ended picking 5 cupcake flavors in addition to our cake! We ended up with a vanilla naked cake with fresh fruit, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes, maple cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes, pink champagne cupcakes and chocolate gluten free cupcakes. She is versatile in her designs and willing to travel. We loved working with her!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

So happy you enjoyed the cake and cupcakes. It was a absolute delight working with you to create the cake of your vision for your special day! 馃槉

Christopher 路 Married on 06/23/2018

Deb was amazing! For our wedding, we opted for mini cupcakes for our guests and a small cake for us. Deb hosted us for a tasting in which we tried four different kinds of cupcakes and then helped us select a variety of different cupcake flavors for the wedding. Deb was tremendously flexible to work with - adding gluten free cupcakes and chocolate eclairs to our order a week before the wedding and setting up all the cupcakes the afternoon of the wedding. Most importantly, the cupcakes were a huge hit and by the end of the night, every one of them had been eaten. Would work with Deb again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Christopher, it was a pleasure working with you to create the perfect dessert for your wedding

Angela 路 Married on 05/19/2018

Deb created an amazing one of a kind cake topper. My favorite flowers are lilacs and they were a part of our wedding day. She spent hours crafting the flowers for me. The cake was delicious, as usual, and we had cupcakes for our guests. Let's just say that I know many of our guests had more than one cupcake as they absolutely loved them! She had made lots of extra cupcakes and only had about 3 left after the reception. Deb does amazing work and she listens to her customers! Thank you so much for creating such beautiful and delicious desserts for our wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Angie. It was a beautiful day, and you were a stunningly beautiful bride. The sugar flower topper was my pleasure to make for you. I鈥檓 happy you will have it for a keepsake. 馃槉
  • User6449766 路 2+ years ago

They were fantastic! Cupcakes and cake were great! They even offered us a free small cake for our one year anniversary. They showed up, set up, and snuck right out--perfect timing.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Kernjeet 路 Married on 12/27/2015

amazing cupcakes, amazing service :) they were so perfect for our wedding, we enjoyed them very much. designed, decorated well, exactly as we expected and taste was so good, excellent service thank you so much !

Sent on 01/10/2016
  • Z

Alexandra 路 Married on 06/28/2015

My husband and I discovered Heavenly Delights Bakery online when trying to find a baker for our Maine wedding. We wanted a cake that would have the right balance of flavor and appearance. Deb is extremely flexible! I don't care for fondant OR buttercream, but Deb offers so many choices that this wasn't a problem. Our final cake had a cream cheese frosting exterior that looked very polished and tasted great. She also let us customize the cake interior with two different cake flavors plus a filling. Per my request, Deb also hand-created beautiful little hydrangea blossoms -- they were so delicate that they almost looked real -- and was able to incorporate small toppers and an accent ribbon that I found. Finally, we had a few guests who are vegan, and Deb whipped up a small order of vegan cupcakes to supplement the cake. We do not live in Maine and, aside from a visit for cake tasting, did all of our communication long distance, which worked out great. She delivered the cake to our venue and set everything up. Deb also provided us with a coupon to get a fresh, new top tier to celebrate our one year anniversary, which we are looking forward to using! All of this came at great value -- Deb's pricing was much more competitive than the other bakeries we considered, and we feel that her final product was outstanding!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Kate 路 Married on 06/13/2015

Deb is very easy to work with and her cupcakes are AMAZING. We ordered a cupcake tower, and part of the pricing includes a small top cake to cut. I already had a friend lined up to make that for us, so Deb threw in an additional dozen cupcakes since we weren't doing the top cake through her. The flavors were all so delicious (Maine wild blueberry, choc chip cookie dough, apple pie, and chocolate chip peanut butter) and beautiful. We got married a month ago and are still hearing from guests about how much they enjoyed them! Her pricing is very reasonable and she includes delivery, which is a huge plus. I highly recommend Deb and Heavenly Delights!

Sent on 07/10/2016
  • O

Kaitlin 路 Married on 06/06/2015

We did a cupcake stand with a small wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Everyone commented on how good they were for weeks after the wedding! I would definitely recommend to a friend who was planning a wedding!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Breanna 路 Married on 08/23/2014

Our cake came out PERFECT, I will have to share a picture on their facebook, it tasted so amazing and I changed a decoration last minute and she did it! Definitely would recommend.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

I am happy I could be a small part of your special day.

Danielle 路 Married on 06/29/2014

Heavenly Delights was such a pleasure to work with - even coordinating with them from out of the state, we were able to arrange a tasting without any problem when we were in town and as we communicated via email, they understood exactly what we wanted and on the day of the wedding, they brought the perfect cake right on time. It looked amazing, it tasted amazing, and both our guests and ourselves LOVED it. There were so many different options - an endless amount really because they're open to any type of design, and the variety of flavors available provides something for everyone. We highly recommend Heavenly Delights - we'd absolutely use them again given an opportunity.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Lacey 路 Married on 10/12/2013

Deb was great to work with! The variety of flavors that she offers is amazing! Great tasting cake and so moist. She paid the utmost attention to detail with the decor on the cake as well. I did not have any stress with Deb, she was very professional and responded to me in a very timely fashion. I would absolutely recommend her for any event!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

So glad you enjoyed your cake!
  • User2477233 路 2+ years ago

Amazing cake and cupcakes. They looked and tasted great. Delivered on time, flavor was exceptional, and moisture rich. Frosting, delicious! I had apple, chocolate chip cookie dough, and pumpkin for flavors. The apple was my favorite, but they were all wonderful. Can't wait for my anniversary cake! Deb makes you feel comfortable and is very accommodating. Will order here again and again.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

I am so glad you enjoyed your cupcakes! It was a pleasure to make cupcakes for your wedding. Just call me when your ready to redeem your anniversary gift certificate!
  • User3624732 路 2+ years ago

Heavenly Delights Bakery was such a great bakery to work with! They created a cake exactly as we wanted it and they are such a low-maintenance and reliable vendor.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

We were so happy to be here to answer all your questions and work with you to create the cake of your dreams!

Ashley 路 Married on 09/01/2013

Deb did a great job with or wedding cake and cupcakes. She listened to everything we wanted and we could not be happier with the way they came out.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Ashley! It was wonderful to be a part of your day. Hope you have many happy years to come!

Valarie 路 Married on 06/22/2013

Tasted Amazing!! And Exactly what I wanted! So beautiful !!!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Valerie. It was wonderful to create not only your wedding cake but your engagement cake too!

J 路 Married on 01/05/2013

Deb was a delight to work with! She was willing to work with us to create exactly what we wanted. She was a very low-maintenance vendor, which was wonderful! The cake was delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Thank you Jennifer. I was a delight working with you as well!

Charity 路 Married on 06/24/2012

Deb over at the bakery was a doll. We had met at the wedding expo. our wedding was theme was "wedding in the woods" our cake looked exactly like we had talked about a white birch tree design that looked like our initials were carved in the side of the tree in a heart. For weeks I hunted for the right topper but could not find it, so I called her up with my Idea I wanted bride n groom squirrels and to my great surprise she said " I can make that you know" The cake was perfect she had even made candy acorns for around the squirrels n "tree" It helped make our day truly unique.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Ellie 路 Married on 06/02/2012

Deb at Heavenly Delights was AWESOME! She did a super job on our cake. It was perfect and exactly the way we ordered it. The cake was delicious and the decorating was purely professional. All our guests were commenting on how gorgeous our cake was. I only wish I could post a picture of it because it was beautiful!
    Thanks Deb for your patience in me changing my mind, and for delivering the cake safe and sound. It was absolutely PERFECT!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Heavenly Delights Bakery's reply:

Ellie so happy to have worked with you on your cake. I look forward to working with you on future orders together!

Allison 路 Married on 08/06/2011

We had the opportunity to meet Deb for a cake tasting after we had already hired her for our wedding in August. I was planning long distance (wedding in Maine, we live in New York). She works out of her home, but was very welcoming and professional when we came by to make our choices, as she was throughout the process of working with her, she made it very easy! She has so many flavors to choose from it was hard to narrow it down for the tasting, but every one we had was great! We ended up doing cupcakes for our 100 guests, in peanut butter chocolate, lemon blueberry, and caramel apple. She made a custom cupcake stand for us, a top tier cake for us to cut at the reception, and her prices were very reasonable for such delicious and beautiful cake. They were a hit!

Sent on 12/05/2011

Melissa 路 Married on 06/18/2011

Her work is beautiful, delicious, and oh so very reasonably priced! Don't hesitate to have desserts made by Heavenly Delights! My husband and I are still amazed, and over the moon, at how gorgeous everything was and how good it all tasted. People who weren't even at the wedding were commenting on how gorgeous our cake was in pictures.

Heavenly Delights Bakery is run out of the owner's home. She did our wedding cake, along with whoopie pies as our favors, and cupcakes and cookies, since I've got a massive sweet tooth and wanted a variety of dessert at my wedding. We had a cake tasting at her home. You get to pick from four cake choices for the tasting, and she's got bunches of flavors. We chose vanilla, cinnamon swirl, pina colada, and apple cake to test. The cakes were all moist, and all delicious. The apple cake was surprisingly apple -y. The pina colada cake was amazing, but, it does have coconut in it, if you find the texture of coconut weird, as I do. We went with cinnamon swirl cake. She's got books and books of styles of cakes to choose what you want your cake to look like. The things she does with butttercream are amazing! We chose not to have fondant, but her work was so gorgeous, all my bridesmaids thought our cake was frosted in fondant. The cake was as good as we'd had at the tasting, and gorgeous, to boot. For cupcakes, I got several dozen grashopper (mint chocolate), cookies and cream, root beer, and maine blueberry. Everyone loved the grasshopper cupcakes, followed by cookies and cream. The root beer cupcakes were too subtle for my guests to really taste the root beer, but, they got eaten none the less. If you are going to do a cake tasting in her home, she does own cats, so if you've got allergies, you might want to let her know ahead of time.

Sent on 09/03/2011

Kim 路 Married on 09/18/2010

I'm a little ashamed of myself that I didn't do this sooner. All my vendors were so amazing! Deb was so great to work w/! The cake was just like I pictured and even got featured in Real Maine Weddings!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Sarah 路 Married on 08/07/2010

The cake was beautiful and delicious, and the price was unbelievable! A great find!

Sent on 09/11/2010

Abbie 路 Married on 10/04/2014

Heavenly Delights in Vassalboro made 17 dozen gourmet cupcakes for our wedding this past weekend. They were a huge hit! Our guests absolutely raved about them: "devine," "marvelous," and "to die for" were a few of the praises I heard. They were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/06/2014