Heather's Glen Reviews

• I

Stephanie · Married on 05/08/2004

3.2
      2.0

The venue is absolutely gorgeous; however, the wedding planner could of been more professional. She made several rude comments during my wedding. She told my mother, in a very snippy manner, that she would never let her 20 year old get married (ironically our 7 year anniversary is coming up and we are still going strong!!). She should of kept her opinion to herself. We were told that I could use the balcony for the bouquet toss. When the time came, she acted surprised and told me to watch out for the mess upstairs. They should of had it cleaned and she should of been more friendly.

The venue is very beautiful, I just wish they were more professional and friendly in dealing with their clients.

Sent on 03/31/2011

Amy · Married on 05/30/2008

3.0

I just recently got married there in May. The place is so beautiful and nice. The only down side is you pay all this money and the drinks were watered down and tasted like instant. And they rush rush you. I was sweating my butt off in my wedding dress, it seemed like the A/C was up really high. VERY VERY STRICT ABOUT EVERYTHING!

Sent on 07/22/2008

Susan · Married on 02/20/2009

1.8
      0.5

The place is beautiful however we were rushed throughout the entire wedding. We rented the venue from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm and they were pushing us throughout the entire wedding. They did not leave the buffet out for the entire event as contracted but rather put everything away at 9:30. Instead of operating quietly and professionaly in the background they were shouting the time and yelling throughout the wedding and reception. Our 2 and 1/2 hour event apparently included their clean up time because they wanted to be cleaned up and out at the end of our time. We feel they should have closed things down after our time ended. We paid about $6000.00 for the 2 1/2 hours and it was not worth the money because of the unprofessionalism of their staff. We would not recommend this venue to anyone. Also, they include the DJ in the cost and he was equally unprofessional and a dissappointment to us.

Sent on 04/06/2009

Heather's Glen's reply:

Heather's Glen strongly encouraged this bride to purchase additional time because she would certainly feel rushed with only 2 and a half hours for what she wanted to include in her wedding. She refused for budget reasons, and assured us she would have enough time. Nowhere in our contract does it state that the buffet will be out the entire time; it is against health regulations to have the food outside for more than 2 hours, and we make 2 last calls. Event time certainly does not include set-up or clean-up, unless the client's party chooses to do so on their own. Our DJ is an outstanding radio personality with a morning show during the week, and Heather's Glen regrets any disappointment.

Tiffany · Married on 06/17/2006

1.4
      0.0
      2.5

Heather's Glen is no doubt beautiful and provides a lovely atmosphere for an outdoor wedding. To start off the room that was I was to get ready in and stay in was not ready when we arrived. The AC was not on prior to our arrival so it was extremely uncomfortable to get ready and HOT. The head planner that runs the show the night of the wedding rushed everything. While the entire bridal party was in the front taking pictures the wedding planner we were supplied gave the guests the go ahead to eat the dinner we paid for with the package. They supplied salad plates for dinner so people didn't eat as much as they would have if they were given regular dinner plates. So by the time my husband and I made it to the reception area everyone was finished eating and wanting to talk to us. After visiting with a few people the wedding planner is calling us over rushing us into cutting the cake. My husband and I didn't even get to eat that night because they rushed us along and allowed people to finish their meals before we even arrived. Which we all know the bride and groom should go through the line FIRST. The cake was put away quickly, if someone wanted seconds it wasn't there. Immediately after the cake cutting we were whisked outside for the toast again decided by this provided planner and my maid of honor didn't even get the opportunity to give a speech. The family was not allowed to take home the huge amounts of additional food left over. Since you are paying by the person for that food you should be able to take it home with you if you want to. Also, as Heather's Glen has stated before they can't leave the food out for more than two hours, then the food should be set out later in the evening prior to the bride and groom's arrival. The person serving drinks did not appropriately serve the drinks provided. We had the longest session so being rushed was NOT an issue of not picking a longer session from Heather's Glen. We paid to be there till 11 pm but because of the rushing of the reception events people were ready to leave and we had to make our exit and carriage ride an hour early at 10. The cleaning crew should NOT be seen until the bride and groom have left...this made guests feel as though the night was ending way before it was supposed to. If they had followed traditional wedding customs and allowed the bride and groom to go through the line first and sit at the bridal table to actually eat our meal and let the reception flow as all others I have attended seem to do we would have enjoyed our reception and it would have lasted the entire time we paid for. If I could do it all over again I might use the venue for the wedding but absolutely not for the reception!!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2008

0.0

If it wasn't for the beautiful venue and chapel that they had just recently built we would have backed out of our contract due to many many things. Too many to list. Just be aware that the food is NOT up to par. The cake vendor let her grand daughter make our cakes and it was a disaster. The staff, mainly the head planner is extrememly hard to work with and make sure you know there is a possibility of a train blaring it's horn through the ceremony. They choose not to tell you that in the beginning and hope you won't notice. Luckily the train only blew through during our pictures and not the actual ceremony. And trust me, it's loud! Otherwise, it was wonderful having everything at the same venue, but we didn't seem to have much time for anything. Everything felt very rushed. Nontheless, our pictures were beautiful and everyone had a great time. Like I said before...if it wasn't for the beautiful grounds and chapel.....

Sent on 07/06/2009

Heather's Glen's reply:

Heather's Glen chooses to let the bride and family know that there is a chance of a nearby train, so there are no surprises. The grand-daughter of one of our pastry chefs works for her grandmother, and we regret that no one mentioned a cake disaster as the cake appeared not only free of disaster, but was complimented. Every Heather's Glen bride is welcome to purchase additional time, yet not all choose to do so.
    We are happy this particular bride enjoyed the venue, had a great time, and had beautiful pictures.

1.0

I am so happy my contract was canceled with this venue. The coordinator Lela is very unprofessional and the owner condones this behavior. After asking the coordinator if we could simply hold the guest for 15 minutes before they eat so we can make an entrance she suggested we pay an extra $500 for 30 min. Mind you I paid for 4 hours. Because I was asking questions she continued to remind me that I have the lower package which was an $8000 package. I told her just because I have the" lower"package does not mean she gets to treat me any differently, she said well you get what you pay for. After insulting and belittling me she then suggested that if I am not happy I can cancel my wedding and go else where. Appalled by how rude and unprofessional she was I spoke to Heather the owner and she was not any better nor did she even offer to fix the issue or talk to her coordinator about her unprofessionalism she simply told me I can cancel my wedding and she will refund me my money and keep the deposit. I told her I will think about it, and the owner took it upon herself to cancel my wedding for me because she was upset that I was complaining about how unprofessional her coordinator is.
    They should all be ashamed on how they condone business. They almost ruined my wedding experience. The best thing they did do was cancel my wedding because I found a more beautiful and way more profesional venue. The owner and the coordinator has lost their since of processionalism and the "why" behind their business. They treat you as if you they are paying you versus you paying them. They do not care about making this day the best day for the bride all they care about is getting more money from you. Do not get married here. Make sure to ask a lot of questions, because they plan your wedding for you. You have no say so.

Sent on 03/24/2015