Heather's Glen Reviews

81 | Conroe, TX

81 Reviews for Heather's Glen

Lindsay · Married on 02/26/2005

My husband and I got married on Feb 2005. We looked at many places but we fell in love with Heathers Glen. The staff was awesome! My planner from Heathers Glen was the best. We automatically clicked and she knew exactly what I was looking for. She definately helped out with the stressfull times and kept me calm. Our ceromony was suppose to be held outside, but of course the rain came and it was freezing. Everything was quickly moved to inside. They were very qucik to help with the accomodations of 200 people. The food was excellent and it was very thoughtful of them to save us a plate and brought it to our room!!!! The best part was when we left a shower of bubbles toward our horse and carriage! It was all "fairy tale" like ending. Thank you very much Heathers Glen! I would definately reccomend this venue to any soon to be brides!!!

Sent on 11/28/2010

Desarae · Married on 04/22/2018

If you are looking for a very relaxed, interesting, intimate garden venue this is it. I have a large family yet our get together are always an intimate setting. There are so many interesting things to look at around every corner of this garden venue. It is beautiful!! And affordable! The best packages are I saw during my venue search. They aren't insanely expensive and their packages covered practically everything. We only had to worry about flowers and alcohol. Their displays are BEAUTIFUL and the food was good. The cake decorator that comes with their package was awesome! They had great recommendations for everything you could possibly need and work well with your budget. You don't have to worry about ANYTHING! The venue is basically already decorated with all of it's beautiful scenery. I fell in love with the hybrid setting (outdoor, but also indoor) and the staff was flawless! Nothing went wrong! And the bride's assistant was clutch! Let me tell you, we couldn't find the fabric tape for my shoulder jewelry and I was freaking out because it was kind of expensive and I was almost not going to be able to wear it and this lady walked in the room and pulled the tape out of her pocket. I was sold. I put my champagne down? She was right behind me to return it. Put my bouquet down and walked away? She returned it every time. Lela was my inclusive coordinator and she helped me with so much! 5 stars!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Sara · Married on 11/07/2014

Lela was amazing throughout the whole process. She even gave us some wonderful ideas. The food was great and venue is lovely. I found the value of the packages offered were very reasonable. Overall great experience!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Vivian · Married on 11/18/2006

This place was an all inclusive location. The wedding planner was included and helped out throughout the wedding process, ceremony and reception. Everything went smoothly and was the best experience I could have asked for.

Sent on 03/03/2008
  • Jaina

Jaina Hart · Married on 04/13/2019

So happy with my big day!!

Heather Glen, how can I begin to explain how amazing this venue is!!! Not only is the actual venue beautiful (especially for spring weddings) but their staff is so kind and extremely helpful. My husband is military & a few of the details of our wedding day had to be changed & Heather's Glen was able to make those changes very quickly and with ease. Highly recommend this venue to a couple on any budget, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Kiyo · Married on 11/07/2016

It is beautiful place for wedding and reception.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Ludy · Married on 04/03/2010

My husband and I got married at Heather's Glen April 3, 2010. We had an afternoon wedding and everything was beautiful!! There was so much green outdoors and the flowers were very pretty. We were soo happy we had a day wedding instead of an evening b/c you can get to enjoy more of the greenery in the daytime.

One thing I noticed on the previous reviews, I don't understand how so many brides complain about the quantity of time they had for their wedding or feeling rushed because they know that when they sign the contract. It's not like they promise you 10 hours and kick you out before...if you pay for 3 hours you get 3 hours, it's that simple.

Lela, the coordinator was fantastic!! I had a bunch of questions and would email her and she was very prompt to respond to me. She made everything flow smoothly throughout the entire wedding, even gave us champagne (non-alc but still :) ) since we weren't planning to have any for our toast. Kathy's cake was delicious and looked beautiful! (The italian cream with amaretto filling was our favorite). She is a very nice lady to work with. The bbq was delicious too, wish I would have been hungrier and eaten some more. Everything was absolutely perfect, we were so happy having our wedding at Heather's Glen!! We received a lot of compliments on the place! Since they provide everything except photography and flowers, it was a whole lot less stressful than it could have been if we had to be running around picking different vendors.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was probably because of the DJ. He did a good job at the wedding the only issue we had was for our 3 hr wedding, we could choose 30 songs. Out of those 30 songs, half were country and the other half was international (spanish) music. He did not have the spanish songs so we had to burn a cd with those songs for him to play. This seems to be something that he is responsible for...DJs have music or get music is my thought. Then later he tells me that out of the 15 country songs, he couldnt find 2. So basically he provided 13 songs and we provided the rest, he just played them. I don't really think that when you get a dj you are supp. to give him the music, but tell him what you want to hear and its his responsibility to get it.

Overall, we had a fantastic wedding and we couldn't be happier with the way everything worked out. Heather's Glen is a beautiful venue and very well maintained! Thank you Lela for making everything smooth and wonderful :)

Sent on 05/05/2010

Amber · Married on 04/29/2006

At Heathers Glen you can have the ceremony there as well as the recpetion. We just had our reception there and it was amazing. Everything was done, but I never saw the wedding planner which was great. They dont bother the bride and groom but they get it all done. They were so helpful throughout the whole planning process. The packages they offer are very afforadable and they come with different things. I would reccommend Heathers Glen to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2007

Jessica · Married on 05/16/2015

Heather's Glen was a great place to get married and many of our guests were very impressed by the venue. They have a great set of packages that make planning the wedding much easier because of everything that it includes for one price. We did the Queen Mary package and added an extra hour at the end of the reception. The DJ for both the ceremony and the reception, the reverend, the food/drinks including a GORGEOUS cake, and most of the decorations were all included in the package. This was excellent because we literally made a quick visit and picked out everything that we wanted, filled out a quick questionnaire for the DJ online, and it was all done and ready to go! We had some special dietary requests and they dealt with that without a problem and had lots of food options to pick from. Lela was very responsive to my emails and phone calls, and they have a great rehearsal set up the day before so we knew exactly how everything would go. They kept the entire event running smoothly so I didn't have to worry about anything and I just had a great time. I would definitely recommend Heather's Glen, especially if you are a busy bride who doesn't want to worry about having to pick caterers, florists, bakeries, etc but you still want a good value!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Heather's Glen was definitely gorgeous and smoothly run. It was a little difficult to get ahold of people sometimes but it all worked out. Our wedding day was perfect and the memories priceless! They have very fair prices and know how to coordinate weddings for sure. Also, the vendors that they work with to provide the Dj and cake services were incredible! I definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Angel · Married on 04/09/2010

I loved having our wedding at Heather's Glen. It was a perfect combination of an outdoor and indoor wedding. We had bride and groom ducks floating in the fountain which was the wedding coordinator Lela's idea. She was awesome. The chapel is also very beautiful and the flowers had just bloomed in April so it was gorgeous. My family loved walking around the facility and it was a perfect location for our guests. They have packages which makes it easy unless you want to make changes to the food, but overall it was wonderful.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Great inclusive venue, we only had to take care of photography/video, cake, and flowers, which made it a lot less to manage.

The window for rehearsal was a little small, since they schedule it around other ceremonies - we had to have a rehearsal brunch since the only time we had was 10am.

All in all, it was worth coming up to Conroe from in town, and we were very happy with the choice!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Laura · Married on 05/23/2015

I chose Heather's Glen for my ceremony and reception and am so glad I did. Each and every person I talked to in the office was easy to work with and Lela, my wedding coordinator, was amazing! She helped keep me on track and answered every single one of my questions. She was great the day of for all of the day of coordination that I didn't have the time or knowledge to take care of.

Every single one of my guests complimented me about my choice of venue. I really couldn't be happier. With all the garden landscaping around the grounds and behind the chapel, visible through the floor to ceiling windows at the altar, you get the picturesque quality of an outdoor wedding while still being realistic - this is Houston, outdoor weddings are a huge gamble.

Thank you Heather's Glen for making my wedding truly beautiful and memorable.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Ledonna · Married on 03/22/2008

Heather's Glen was wonderful. We played phone tag a lot but everything was done the way Daniel and I wanted. Sometimes it was hard to get our ideas to fit in their wedding ideas but in the end we got it all together.

The DJ and Minister that they provided were the best I have ever had to work with, both making sure that we had everything we wanted and were happy. The cake vendor that they used was great. My mother used to make wedding cakes when I was little and Kathy was just as good as what I remember my mother making.

The day of the wedding was stress free and a very fun day. The staff was VERY attentive and the caterers were efficient and polite. The food tasted great and there was plenty for everyone to have their fill.

I can't say enough about the facilities. They are the picture perfect place for the wedding and for the photos of a lifetime. It was dream like and beautiful.

This was an all inclusive package that totaled tips and tax for all of the services listed. It was so nice to not have to worry about making sure that everyone was paid and that tips were given properly.

Sent on 03/23/2008

Carrie · Married on 03/18/2006

3.0

Absolutely beautiful venue and professional staff! Heather's Glen does it ALL for you, all you have to do is choose between a few options. They highly recommend all of their vendors, but you are free to use your own as well (except for catering). The grounds are beautifully maintained all year round and the interior of the house is stunning (especially for pictures!). Heather George personally gave us a tour of the property and took an interest in our background and desires for our wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants a unique and beautiful outdoor wedding. They have a brand new chapel on the property that looks beautiful, so they can now offer some flexibility if the weather doesn't cooperate. Luckily it only slightly sprinkled just before and just after our event. They book dates quickly, especially for the spring, so the earlier you book, the better! The times of the wedding are not that flexible because of back-to-back weddings on Saturdays, but this wasn't a problem for us. They have lots of packages for any budget and you can of course customize anything. Fantastic!!

Sent on 02/16/2008

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2017

3.5

Since I was paying for my own wedding I was needing something on budget. Heather's Glen was well in my budget AND such a beautiful venue!! My package came with the DJ, wedding coordinator, three terr cake, snacks, and plates/ silverware for the snacks. It also helped that I had a early afternoon wedding as well. Every guest just about commented on how perfect the place was and still talk about it to this day. It is decently sized yet has that small wedding vibe. The lighting was perfect for my photographer as well. My wedding coordinator came with my package and was well put together, responsive, and helped keep me on track throughout the planning process and the big day. Definitely recommend this place. Not a lot of people have heard of the place but it is well worth your time and looking into.

Sent on 08/24/2017

hillary · Married on 11/20/2010

Heather's Glen was absolutley beautiful, all of our guests were very impressed. Before the wedding, I was frustrated with the coordinator. I felt like she was ignoring my ideas and opinions. We had a foot washing ceremony during our wedding and she was somewhat pushy to have us add an extra 30 minutes for $500. We did not need it and I'm glad we didn't pay for it. The rehearsal went rather smoothly and the wedding-- nearly flawless. Bird eggs did fall on my guests head and in the food, luckily no one told me until much after the wedding because I would have been very upset. I think they should make sure their aren't any wildlife living in the trellis above the food!! All in all, it was a good experience and I am very satisfied with the wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Monica · Married on 06/02/2018

3.0

I had an amazing wedding at Heather's Glen. I did the Elizabeth package and highly recommend it. You could have an amazing wedding here for under $15,000. The only things not included was flowers if you wanted them (but Heather's Glen does provide decorations) and photography/videography. I was skeptical after booking due to a few interactions with the wedding coordinator, but the wedding itself was beautiful and the staff was very professional.

Sent on 06/16/2018

kim · Married on 12/18/2010

4.2

Heather's Glen is the perfect place to get married. Everything was wonderful. Just about everything is included in most of the packages they offer. Our package was the Queen Mary which included every thing from dinner for up to 80, the DJ, and lots more. They help you plan everything else. The only draw back is trying to be patient. Since almost everything else is done, a bride tends to get a little on edge with all the small details and forgets other things. Some of the extras Heather's Glen offer's should come at no extra charge since the dance floor and food is set up outside. My wedding was in December and in the evening. That evening it was 35 degrees outside. The heaters were an extra charge. That however is my only complaint. Everything else was wonderful.

Sent on 01/05/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 12/31/2010

3.0

We really liked Heather's Glen. I would definitely recommend them to other brides. Their chapel is gorgeous and the coordinator was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We didn't choose them because they told us that the food is kept outside during the reception. We were just not okay with that...I guess we are just picky. Otherwise, we loved it!

Sent on 01/10/2011

Heather's Glen's reply:

We appreciate the feedback! The expansion of our reception area will give Heather's Glen brides the option to have the buffet indoors. The construction will be complete in February 2011. Congratulations on your wedding!

0.5

All inclusive. No outside food so that is kind of a bummer but overall awesome venue! only problem i had was the coordinator couldn't be found & she had a hold of my marriage lisc & that made me freak out

Sent on 12/06/2012

3.0

I had my wedding at Heather's Glen about a week ago. Pretty much everything is really great at this venue. They help get everything ready and the fajitas were great! I only really have two complaints. For some crazy reason they would not let us put flowers on the cake which we requested and paid for....this left my cake looking very bland and was also ridiculous since I was there and they could have asked for my permission!?! For how much this stuff costs you would think they wouldn't make such a big mistake and not even sort of try to fix it. Also, they claim to have AC in the reception hall which is something we thought was included in the cost of the wedding package. Maybe they had it on, but barely. Other than that, everything was beautiful. I always wanted my wedding in a chapel and I loved the fact that even though everything was indoors, it kind of felt like you were still outside. I would recommend this place because it is a little cheaper than other similar venues, it is close to some really nice hotels, and it is a beautiful place for a wedding!

Sent on 07/07/2015

3.0

We chose this venue because of the beautiful chapel and the all inclusive packages they offered. They ranged from small intimate to large weddings. They were very flexible as far as payment plans which made it easy for us to get everything done we needed to with other vendors. I would definitely recommend at least putting them on your Venue visit list before making a final decision.

Sent on 02/03/2015
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 03/03/2012

3.0

Beautiful place to get married! Leela (the coordinator) helped us so much since we really had no idea what we were doing! The garden where we got married was very well decorated and kept up so we didn't have to add a single thing

Sent on 04/01/2012

Korie · Married on 10/02/2009

2.0

This venue is perfect for the bride who wants it all done for her in one place. The packages here provide you with a deejay, minister (if you so choose), catering, cake, bar service, chapel, reception hall, and many other options. The only problem I encountered here was lack of flexibility. They are very strict on how things go on here. If you want to change a time, or have music for the rehearsal, it's a big to-do. They finally worked with me, but it was a stretch I know. The chapel was gorgeous, as was the reception hall. The venue location was perfect and easy for guests to get to. All-in-all, it was a beautiful place, great service, but not very flexible for the creative types.

Sent on 10/27/2009