Heather Wise Photography Reviews

18 | Austin, TX

18 Reviews for Heather Wise Photography

Eva O. · Getting married on 10/07/2021

Absolutely Amazing Experience

Heather is a fantastic photographer. She did everything possible to make our shoot a fantastic experience. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and she gave us beautiful posing ideas. I don't know what we would have done without her. I can't recommend her enough. We will be booking with Heather again for sure and would encourage anyone looking for a professional, friendly, responsive photographer to book with Heather

Sent on 12/11/2020

Heather Wise Photography's reply:

Eva, thank you so much for those kind words! Your family was wonderful to work with and I would love to work with you again in the future!
  • Emooly

Emily · Married on 02/01/2020

Heather and Ashely were a delight

I haven’t received pictures back still (well within the timeline she’s allowed) but I saw shots from her camera and know they will be beautiful. She was punctual, great with getting the kids to smile. She was amazing with my MOH who has Down syndrome. I can’t wait for our photos and I can’t recommend her enough

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Destiny

Destiny T. · Married on 09/08/2019

So far, so good

We have only made it through the consultation phase but so far, I am very impressed with Heather's professionalism and responsiveness. I have looked at her work online and it looks top notch. I am excited to see our photos after our big day.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy · Married on 06/15/2019

Calming Force

We cannot speak more highly of heather. She was exactly what I needed on my wedding day: punctual, calming, took charge and gave us a sneak peak later that night so that we could post our precious day. She was so patient with the sun to truly catch that golden hour and ensure we had lasting, gorgeous images. She will now be our family photographer due to our experience.

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Albert

Albert · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing outdoor wedding

Heather and her assistant were amazing! She was very organized and worked well with all our other vendors on our big day. I love the option for the memory box instead of the photo album and we would love to work with her again for future big life moments.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Allison

Allison S. · Married on 03/30/2019

SO happy with our pictures!

We love both our engagement and wedding photos, and it was so great having Heather there on our big day to capture the best moments! Her team was efficient, and we got all of the shots I was hoping for and more- such dreamy photos!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Allison W. · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing to work with!

Heather was amazing to work with from the time we met to our wedding day! She was extremely organized and communicative, and those skills really shone when it came to getting all of our shots in a timely fashion on the day of. Our photos turned out beautifully, and we love sharing them with family and friends. Thanks, Heather, for being so great to work with and for commemorating our wedding day!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Andrea · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Experience

Heather is incredibly talented and we feel so lucky that she was able to capture our wedding. We quickly felt comfortable with her during our engagement photos (which came out beautifully) and felt like we had an old friend with us capturing our wedding. I have already recommended her to several of my engaged friends and cannot say enough amazing things about her. We will absolutely be hiring her in the future for any other photography needs.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Galicia

Galicia M. · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Photographer and Director

We had no idea what we were doing. We had set up our ceremony in a way that had terrible lighting and she was awesome and helped us get the best photos for our venue. Having two shooters for the wedding was also amazing. It was so nice to have photos of both me and my fiance prior to our wedding. Having two people take photos also helped with getting all of our family and wedding party photos done quickly so we had a nice amount of time for couple photos between the ceremony and the reception. Heather did such a great job posing us for the best photos. Can't recommend her enough. We had done a anniversary/engagement shoot with her prior to actually getting engaged and once we started planning our wedding I knew we had to ask if she was available right away because I wanted to make sure we had her take photos for our special day.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Heather Wise Photography's reply:

Galicia, Thank you so much for those kind words! It was so great to work with you TWICE ! I was blown away by all the special details and hand lettering you did for the day and can only hope that all future clients are as wonderful to work with as you and Justin were. Congrats and I hope to see you again;) -Heather

Shawna M. · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!

Heather was wonderful! Very responsive, took all the photos we wanted and so happy to have all these beautiful photos to treasure from one of our favorite days ever.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Lauren M. · Married on 09/28/2018

Personable, reasonably priced & talented Austin Photog

We hit the jackpot by having Heather shoot our Hill Country wedding in September 2018. I live out of town, therefore trying to find reputable, affordable, and flexible vendors in the Marble Falls/Austin area was overwhelming. I happened upon Heather's website and was immediately drawn to not only her obvious talent but also the latitude she provided in terms of prices/options, so I reached out to her and the rest is history! I knew from our initial conversation that she was the one--super friendly, easy-going, and professional. Our wedding was untraditional and unstructured, but Heather took the challenge like a champ and produced the most intimate, beautiful photos and really captured the whole vibe. She even traveled to Buchanan Dam from Austin for only 4 hours of service. Not to mention her price scheduling is some of the most reasonable I've seen in the area, ESPECIALLY considering the quality of the product you receive. I am so impressed by Heather and her talents and would recommend her to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Shelby · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply fantastic

Heather was fantastic to work with for our September 2018 wedding. She knows the business well, and her expertise shows through in her work. She was professional and organized throughout the entire planning process and helped make our day stress free. We appreciated how flexible Heather was as we changed our timeline a few times due to rain, but she transitioned beautifully! She has such a keen eye for capturing those candid wedding moments – we relive the day every time we go through our wedding album. Our friends and family were beyond impressed with her pictures and we couldn’t agree more. Heather provides a superior quality of work with a kind, sincere approach. Thank you so much for your creative eye Heather, we couldn’t have picked a better person to capture such an important day!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Heather Wise Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Shelby for those beautiful words! Your wedding was so gorgeous and you did an amazing job with all the details. I had so many beatiful things to photograph, especially you and Kane!
  • Jazmin

Jazmin · Married on 04/07/2018

Heather is great!

Heather is great to work with and is a very talented artist. Her photography is beautiful! Can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 01/23/2021

Amanda · Married on 12/29/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Heather for my wedding at Barr Mansion in March of this year. She was INCREDIBLE! Even before meeting, she patiently and helpfully fielded a million email questions about everything under the sun, which was really comforting in a time when wedding planning was so hectic. Her patience, kindness, warm, and artistic expertise created the perfect environment for the best day of my life thus far. She was so organized and calm in the face of organizing so many people and setting up so many really beautiful shots, all the while being 8.5 months pregnant! This speaks to her professionalism, wonderful energy, and dedication to her job. In addition to her artistic and photographic expertise, she provides her services for a really reasonable rate.

I would recommend Heather to every couple getting married in Austin, and for anyone that wants really great quality service and pictures! Thank you so much to Heather for an unforgettable day and pictures that will last forever ☺.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Alejandra · Married on 10/17/2015

Had the pleasure to work with Heather Wise Photography for my October wedding and could not be happier with her work! Having so many options in price points and photographers in Austin, Heather provided amazing pictures with very reasonable pricing.
    Months before the wedding Heather helped me plan what time to start our ceremony in order to get the perfect lighting and about a week before she asked me for all of the moments I would want to make sure she captured -- and boy did she nail it!

On our wedding day, Heather and her assistant Emily were very accommodating and professional with the entire wedding party and all of our guests. I don't know how they did it but they were everywhere -- making sure every moment, laugh, kiss, and dance move was photographed.

We received our wedding photos edited and ready for printing -- they are absolutely beautiful and help us relive our most special day to date!! Heather's editing skills and experience make a world of difference compared to other photographers we have worked with.

I would recommend Heather Wise Photography in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a professional photographer who has a keen eye for capturing not only the perfect posing pictures, but the in the moment and heart-felt pictures -- the ones that truly reflect a great time, and great memories.

Thank you so much for all of your work Heather!

Sent on 12/16/2015
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing choice for our wedding!

We hired Heather to do our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. We couldn't have picked a better person. The photos are the one thing that you have when your wedding is done, kind of important right? With that being said, Heather captured the feeling and essence that was our wedding, and for that we are eternally grateful! Thank you Heather, for making our wedding everything we wanted it to be.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey G. · Married on 07/03/2020

Loved our engagement & wedding photos! Would highly recommend

I found Heather after pouring through Austin-based wedding photographers online. I was initially drawn to her for her "moody" aesthetic and the quality of her nighttime photos. I'm so glad I found her!

She offers standard packages that are priced very competitively. Heather shout our engagement pics (downtown Austin at sunset) and our wedding day photos (Greenhouse at Driftwood), which she posted on her Facebook page so you can see. We LOVE how they turned out! Great quality but also a high quantity of photos for us to choose from. We get compliments all the time.

My husband and I expected the process to be super awkward, and ended up having a lot of fun with each shoot. Heather made us feel very comfortable, yet gave easy-to-follow direction as to how to pose. She was great about incorporating specific locations and angles based on other photo shoots I'd seen (I sent these to her in advance so she could get a sense of our style and plan accordingly). She also let us include our dog (80lb golden retriever) in some of our photos both times, and was super patient with him. On the day of our wedding, she had a second photographer with her (whose name I sadly forgot). Both of them were incredibly kind, laidback yet professional, and genuinely happy to be there with us.

At the time Heather was also teaching full time. Understandably she wouldn't respond immediately, but was overall responsive within a day or 2, which worked great for us. She was also able to get our full gallery to us within a few weeks, and even sent us a few initial photos within a few day! There was zero fear that I wouldn't get them or not hear from her again.

I'd highly recommend Heather. I'll definitely use her services again for future photo shoots!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Morgan · Married on 10/14/2018

4.2

Overall good

Heather was very nice and definitely knows what she’s doing!

Sent on 12/30/2018