Heather Chipps Photography Reviews

Heather Chipps Photography 5
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/19/2019

She is amazing!!!

Hiring Heather as our photographer was the best decision we made! She was extremely responsive during the whole process even though she is jammed packed. She made us feel so comfortable taking photos and we felt at complete ease despite how hectic a wedding day was. She truly is amazing at her craft and has the best personality to boot! I’m so grateful to hear for capturing our wedding day so beautifully, booking her is the best and easiest decision you can make!

Heather Chipps Photography 6
    Heather Chipps Photography 11
    Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/13/2019

Do yourself a favor and hire Heather

Oh my god, where to even start. Heather is next level incredible. She's easy to talk to, she's creative, she's personable, and goodness is she TALENTED. Seriously our wedding photos look straight out of Southern Living.

From the get-go she was easy to talk to and plan photo sessions with. She is realistic about timelines and is great at explaining why some timelines might work better depending on your event. She genuinely tries to get to know you throughout the whole process to gauge what you want and need out of your wedding photos.

There was a moment during the reception when I was talking to my mom and the wedding coordinator, and Heather came over to check in on me to make sure everything was going well. She was actively involved in wanting to make sure she was helping or making things easier for me on the day-of.

I can't say enough about how wonderful she is. She made wedding planning easier and our wedding photos are seriously incredible. I honestly feel like I'm coming out of our wedding with not only a husband, but also a new friend in Heather.

Heather Chipps Photography 12
    Heather Chipps Photography 13
    Sent on 12/17/2019

Alesha · Married on 09/28/2019

the PERFECT photographer!

If you want your wedding day to be perfect and you want to capture every minute of it, you should hire heather. Heather made my wedding day go so so smoothly. She kept my wedding party on time all day & made us feel so comfortable. She has the sweetest soul and bends over backwards for her clients. Picking heather to photograph my wedding was easily the best decision I made regarding wedding vendors. I adore her!

Heather Chipps Photography 14
    Heather Chipps Photography 15
    Heather Chipps Photography 16
    Heather Chipps Photography 17
    Heather Chipps Photography 18
    Sent on 10/08/2019

Emily Reed · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazzzzzing

Heather is AMAZING! Seriously - my husband and I have never met anyone like her. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera with each session. She was so easy to work with, even though she has a busy schedule! Heather is so kind and makes your experience so unique. From our bridal gift box, personalized meetings, and big hugs/squeals/smiles on your wedding day, she truly makes you feel like you are the only bride in the world. We got our photos back SO quick - and we even got sneak peeks THE NIGHT OF our engagement session and the day after our wedding!!! We started with a photographer, ended with a friend ❤️ we love you Heather!!

Heather Chipps Photography 19
    Heather Chipps Photography 28
    Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Photographer. Amazing Person.

Heather is amazing, inside and out. She's incredibly talented and the nicest, most genuine person. (Seriously Heather, I want to drive down to your neck of the woods and have a beer with you.)

Heather had the greatest eye for shots for both our engagement photos and wedding. I've gotten so many compliments on our sneak peeks alone and she somehow managed to capture the sheer joy we experienced on our day. It's hard to describe but you can feel the love coming from our photos. Her second shooter, TJ was also fantastic and did a great job wrangling 7 crazy groomsmen armed with an axe and fireworks.

Heather was completely flexible through the whole process and during the reception really seemed to magically appear out of nowhere to capture our most important moments. She truly captured everything we hoped for and more. We love you, Heather!

Sent on 06/29/2019

natalie · Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing!!!!!!

Heather Chipps
    Where to start with this beautiful human? After months, and thousands of photographers and wedding photos, another photographer had referred me to heather for our wedding. From the jump heather was attentive, quick to respond, knowledgeable, and above all her personality and soul radiated sunshine and joy. Because my husband and I lived so far from her, she suggested a video chat initially to talk face to face about wedding details and get to know her, prior to committing. After hanging up, we immediately knew she was the one for us. For our engagement session we wanted to stick with a beach theme, we spoke to heather and asked about Virginia Beach because we loved it there and thought the location would be closer for her(only to find out she drove almost 3 hrs to take our engagement pictures... that my friends is commitment).She loved the idea suggested a few locations in Virginia Beach (that were insanely beautiful) that she had shot at before. When we got to the session, I was a nervous wreck about our pictures and what they would look like. While I was OBSESSED with her work, I had seen other couples around me (with other photographers) who ended up hating their photos and that made me a little uneasy. We were also nervous we wouldn’t be “photogenic” and would look awkward. From the time heather stepped out of her car, she greeted and treated us like we were old friends. As we walked to the sight to start shooting, we talked and I expressed how nervous I was and she explained everything, and addressed my concerns. After the first few minutes of “test shots”, (and I say “test shots” because that were remarkable)she could tell I was still anxious and told me to come over and she turned the camera around and showed me a few shots, they were so beautiful and immediately was relieved. The remainder of the shoot, was a breeze.. it was so much FUN.. how many people can honestly say that?? Her and my husband could not stop joking around, they were vibing on a whole new level. We spent the entire shoot laughing hysterically. She offered her advice and humor throughout the shoot, and even showed us a few of her tricks. She was open to all of the ideas I had seen on Pinterest and offered her experience/advice , which I LOVED. We got a sneak peak the next day, I literally was running around screaming they were so beautiful. The remainder of our photos were back a few days later, they were UNBELIEVABLE.. next came the wedding, she was super helpful with the timeline and offering her advice and experience, while addressing our concerns. On the wedding day, she showed up her bright shining self. I can honestly say I think I was more excited to see her than anything..oops!! She did her thing in the beginning, worked with all of my girls and mother to make sure everyone got the pictures they wanted, etc. When we arrived at the venue, I was devastated when I walked in and saw the the floral pieces were nothing like I asked for (bright whites, and blush pink.. instead they were cream/light yellow and peach, with hardly any pink and a bunch of greenery that I specifically asked not to have) Heather immediately told me not to worry she could edit the pictures and make them more of what I was expecting. Heather, my wedding coordinator, and brother in law, removed some of the greenery, cut pink hydrangeas off of the bushes out side, and put them in all the centerpieces and the arch for the ceremony. They fixed the florals, without me even asking.. When I tell you this woman is a SAINT, I mean she is a SAINT. I truly don’t know what I would have done without her, as a bride walking in to your venue and seeing that things are not as you imagined is crushing. This woman went above and beyond, to fix this situation and make me happy. Not only the flowers, but her presence is calming, and as a bride you need that. Throughout the reception heather, could be found on the dance floor with her camera and foam glow stick (the life of the party). Throughout the wedding everyone kept coming up, and saying how much they loved our photographer and even still to this day rave about her. We got our sneak peak photos the next day, and as expected they were unreal.. the beauty and moments that she captured are breathtaking. Heather, truly has a gift to capture the beauty of a couple and really anything thats set in front of her. She loves her job, and you can see that in her work and how she works. I cannot say enough about her work and her as a person. She is truly a beautiful person, and the best person to have in your corner. Heather is the ray of light in the darkness of wedding planning! We cannot thank her enough, for walking into our lives and being a fundamental part of our life changing day.

Heather Chipps Photography 29
    Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Whitlow · Married on 11/10/2018

Book Heather Chipps Now

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, stop looking now. You have found the absolute best in the business in Heather Chipps Photography. True story: We based our wedding date on her availability. We were engaged in mid-March, and besides our immediate family, she was the first to know as I reached out to find out what remaining dates she had for later that same year. I knew without a doubt that I wanted her to photograph our wedding. We also booked her to do our engagement session and my bridal portraits. Heather was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. She was quick to respond, informative, FUN, easy-going, and the turnaround on her work is simply impressive. We could not be any happier with all of the memories that she captured. I am truly sad to think that she won’t be photographing us anymore.

Heather Chipps Photography 38
    Sent on 01/02/2019

Alexandra · Married on 09/15/2018

Heather is awesome! From our engagement pictures to our wedding, she was so easy to work with and made taking pictures fun! She was super flexible as we had to change our wedding plans multiple times due to the weather! By far one of the best decisions I made was booking her for our big day!

Heather Chipps Photography 39
    Sent on 09/24/2018

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Hands down BEST photographer ever!!! I have never met someone as passionate for what they do as her and it absolutely shines through her work. From the first time I met Heather at our engagement session, she made me feel as if I was with a best friend rather than a stranger. There's no better feeling than being 100% comfortable around the person who is capturing these important moments for you! Through all the chaos on our wedding day Heather remained calm and assured me that it would all work out as planned and I'm not sure how I could've done it without her! Months after our wedding I'm still in awe looking at our photo album. If I could give Heather a million stars on this review I would!!!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Andrea Jones · Married on 06/02/2018

11/10 Best Wedding Photog EVER

Heather was incredible! She is so personable and caring and could not have been more helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Our complimentary engagement session was SO fun and we were sold from the moment we met her. She captured exactly who my husband and I are with her pictures and we will treasure them forever. On our wedding day, she was able to make our families feel natural in front of the camera but she also kept things moving. We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer and now friend!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2018

The BEST photographer EVER!!! Seriously, if Heather is available on your wedding date, do not hesitate, hire her now!! She is so incredibly sweet, fun, organized and friendly! For both our engagement session and our wedding day, she made it so easy for us to pose for the camera. It is the perfect mix of posed and candid photos. I could not be happier with the way our photos turned out, and even better, we got 1500 of them! It just doesn't get any better. She is a blast to work with and I will refer her to anyone who gets engaged in the future. We couldn't be happier! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 06/29/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/19/2018

She made the day perfect forever

OH EM GEE!!!! Heather is everything we could have ever wanted in a photography for our wedding day. She was recommended from friends and the moment I looked at her work, I was obsessed. When I sent her the first email, my fingers were crossed that she was not already booked. I received her first email and the subject of the email alone, had me fall in love with her personality, I mean she used "YAY" in every email. She had me so excited to get married! She was an amazing communicator the entire process answer any and ALL the questions that I had. During the engagement photoshoot, she had me so relaxed and my husband (who hates pictures) saying, "she is amazing, I can't wait for the wedding day". One the wedding day she did not disappoint, not only was she a joy to work with but she was just as excited as we were to be married. Her love for love was obvious and helped me smile all day when I was a ball of nerves. Our sneak peek of photos the day after had me smiling from ear to ear and dying for the whole set. She did such a perfect job of capturing our day that everyone is getting a picture for the upcoming holidays and I know they will love it as much as we do. Not only did we hire the BEST photographer in the business but now we have a friend for life.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Ashley Moore · Married on 05/12/2018

Amaxing photographer!!

Such a great photographer! Made us feel comfortable and natural while taking photos! Such a great personality and so professional! Would definitely recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • F

Francine · Married on 04/28/2018

I found Heather through the wonderful resource that is the internet – and boy am I glad! From day one she was just so nice. One of the things that I really wanted in the wedding photo “package” was an engagement session to make sure we were comfortable. And boy did Heather deliver! We ended up getting super lucky and taking pictures in the snow, on the top of a mountain – what awesome groundwork for a great wedding day! Heather was super professional and organized throughout the whole process. She kept us on track on the money side, and made sure we had a solid timeline in place for the wedding day. Heather also picked a wonderful associate photographer to work with her on our wedding day, and I feel like they captured our event and personalities beautifully. Our pictures are perfect! Thank you, Heather, for such a wonderful experience!

Heather Chipps Photography 40
    Heather Chipps Photography 47
    Heather Chipps Photography 48
    Sent on 06/02/2018

Emily · Married on 02/24/2018

Heather is AMAZING and I would've given her 10 stars on everything if the website allowed. Choosing Heather to be my photographer was easy - her style, personality, and professionalism come together to form the perfect trifecta. From our engagement session to wedding day, Heather kept us both at ease the whole time. Heather traveled to a city she doesn't know well for my wedding but that didn't change the fact she found amazing locations for our photos. Her detail photos made me swoon and I love that the photos she captured of us and our bridal party were very natural and didn't look staged. She keeps you smiling and laughing the entire time - the groomsmen kept telling me how awesome they thought she was! Her detailed timeline and information ahead of time keeps you in the loop, and she is very prompt in her email responses. You will DEFINITELY not regret hiring Heather for your wedding day! 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 03/08/2018
  • Satarra

Satarra · Married on 08/31/2017

Nothing short of perfection

Heather is without a doubt the best photographer in the business & if you haven’t booked her yet, hurry! She was the best part of our wedding. Well, maybe second to the actual getting married part ;) Out of all the things my husband and I budgeted for (the flowers, the dresses, the tuxedos, the cake, the venue, etc... ) Heather’s photography was the one thing that was worth every penny HANDS DOWN. Not only was she able to capture every precious moment, but she flew all the way to Connecticut for my DREAM WEDDING! The moment our wedding was up on her blog- my family, friends, husband and I were all in AWE. She literally CAPTURED THE LOVE. I think it's because she is not just there to capture moments - but she herself brings excitement, love, playfulness and joy to the table whenever there is a camera in her hand. From the first time we met, that is all she has done: brought the love and the laughter. She is creative and funny! Her wonderful attitude is completely contagious.... She will pull the beauty and creativity forward in any situation - and my husband and I are SO glad she was there to do so on our wedding day. My husband and I cannot wait for another occasion to hire her!!

Heather Chipps Photography 49
    Heather Chipps Photography 50
    Heather Chipps Photography 51
    Sent on 11/03/2018

Alanna · Married on 07/26/2017

We have honestly been waiting to review Heather. She is an expert at photography and we are blown away she is even available in Virginia. So talented and so sweet, fun. She takes control and makes sure YOUR day is everything you have dreamed of. You won't have to worry about a thing. We rescheduled many times for our photos and she was beyond courteous and understanding. Thank you for everything, Heather.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Riley · Married on 07/08/2017

Heather has been photographing me for the past four years. She has taken my prom, cheer, senior, engagement, bridal, and wedding photos. I also had the pleasure of being one of Heather's Senior Reps. When it came time to pick a wedding photographer for our wedding I was crossing my fingers that Heather would be available! I'm not sure who was more excited that she could capture this momentous occasion for us, her or us! Heather has such an infectious personality. She is always happy and upbeat you can't help but feeling excited and relaxed with her while she is performing her magic! She is very professional, easy to work with, and extremely well organized. Her goal is capture the magic of your story. I have so many beautiful pictures from our wedding that we will always treasure!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/23/2017

We had originally booked another vendor that had to cancel before our wedding and she had provided me with Heather’s information. This was FATE! After having a vendor cancel I was so nervous but all my fears were lifted after meeting Heather for the first time. Her personality is infectious and it becomes so clear how much she loves what she does! She takes the time to get to know her couples and I think that extra step really shows up in her work.

Even though we had done an engagement session, Heather arranged for a mini one with us. She’s patient and playful in her work, finding different spots to take detailed photos and never rushing the process. Heather took the time to go over the timeline for the wedding day with me and was very thorough. I even think she might be magic because she was joking about running into Cam Newton at that session, and not even 30 seconds later he walked around the corner!

On the day of, she was prompt, all smiles (as always!), and ready to get started. She’s flexible and a calming voice even if things start to fall off schedule. We had a slight snafu with weather, but Heather adapted our timeline and kept us all confident that everything would fall into place. She really goes above and beyond!Her optimistic attitude kept everything light and FUN. I seriously don’t think you can do anything but smile around this girl! She comes up with fun shots that reflect her bride’s personalities which provide such unique and special moments.

Her level of professionalism is something to be admired and no detail is forgotten in her work. Every photo captured light and emotion so beautifully and literally brought me to tears. EVERYONE kept talking about how amazing it was to work with her that day.

The best part about Heather is knowing that she truly CARES and is so passionate. And more than a vendor, by choosing Heather you’re likely going to find a photographer and friend for life! I’m telling you, this girl is the ABSOLUTE BEST!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/10/2017

Y'all, I don't even know where to begin. Hiring Heather as my wedding photographer was not only the easiest decision but also the BEST decision. I adore Heather more than she will ever know. I not only received the most breathtaking images of my wedding day but I also gained a lifetime friend. Thoughtout the entire wedding planning process, I could ALWAYS rely on her to answer my annoying and probably trivial questions. I will always be grateful for Heather's flexibility on my wedding day. Due to a situation that was out of my control, we had to completely change the timeline we had agreed on an hour before my ceremony. Instead of freaking out, she figured out how to rearrange things and kept ME calm. Brides- she's got your back! Heather's professionalism is impressive and her talent is out of this world. I have had SO many guests compliment her work- not only her ability to take gorgeous pictures but also her ability to handle situations with such grace. I am completely obsessed with ALL my wedding pictures. I honestly cannot express enough how amazing Heather is. Please do yourself a favor and hire Heather- she's worth her weight in gold!

Sent on 08/20/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/27/2017

I simply cannot sing enough praises about Heather--she is truly a rare gem, both as a photographer and as a person. She is reliable, detail-oriented, organized, a quick-worker, and so very passionate about her work. Her images are STUNNING but what is even more stunning is her personality. Heather is optimistic, fun, supportive, and available to answer any and all questions you may have during the wedding planning process. She goes absolutely above and beyond to ensure that you feel comfortable, confident, and beautiful from the moment you contact her to the day she photographs your wedding. After the wedding, my entire family was raving about her! Her images will hang on our walls for the rest of lives; I simply could not imagine having trusted any person but Heather to capture the most important day of our lives and the start of our life together.

Sent on 04/02/2017

Maegan · Married on 04/22/2017

Having high quality photographs to remember the day was one of my top priorities when wedding planning and Heather Chipps Photography delivered 1000 fold. Heather has an amazing natural talent paired with the passion and energy that make her the total package. She sincerely invests in each couple- making you feel special and capturing the details and moments that are most important to you. She takes time all along the way to sit down and get to know you and communicate with you about all the most important details of planning! Her contagious smile and calm and reassuring presence make what could be a stressful or awkward day (think 50 uncooperative family members or a total down pour the minute your wedding starts), an absolute breeze and you're able to focus on why you are really there. Besides the fact that by the end of your engagement session and wedding day you will have a new friend for life, Heather's photos are stunning. You will want to print every single one and hang them all over your home! I can't recommend Heather Chipps Photography enough- hands down one of the BEST wedding vendor decisions I made.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Sara · Married on 06/12/2016

Great communication. Amazing pictures. Awesome personality. Heather is the best! I couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out and with the service she provides.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Jonci · Married on 06/04/2016

Heather was such a blast to work with. She captured my engagement, bridal, and wedding perfectly! She is a fabulous photographer!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/21/2016

Heather is the most AMAZING photographer. She not only provided the most unimaginable experience for us, but the quality of her work far exceeded our expectations. Heather is extremely professional, overly accommodating, and exactly everything we were looking for in a photographer. Her always positive, bubbly, optimistic attitude and obvious experience are extremely calming on one of most hectic days of your life. She goes above and beyond the duties of a photographer to help make sure that all details are covered. She produced the perfect photos to capture memories of our most special day. Heather not only photographed our wedding, she also did our engagement photos and bridal portraits which are out-of-this-world breath-taking. I know I wouldn't have been happy with any other photographer and am so lucky Heather was able and willing to share her talents with us during some of the most special moments of our lives. I will never be able to say enough positive things about Heather and her business. Heather's love, passion, and dedication for photography is clearly shown through her work. I would recommend her 100 times over!

Sent on 09/14/2016