Heather Chipps Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley Getting married on 05/28/2022
    Heather is very talented and has a strong passion for taking pictures. She's fabulous and I what I recommend her. She buts the time into it and it definitely shows.
  • Cassie
    Cassie H. Married on 06/25/2021

Gorgeous photos & awesome person!

Heather is not only extremely talented at photography, but she is also an all around great person. My husband and I were so glad to have her by our side at our wedding last week because she was so easygoing and friendly. That goes a long way because there can be a lot of last minute stress. Her photos turned out amazing. Highly recommend!
  • Lauren
    Lauren W. Married on 05/29/2021

Best person we could have chosen!

Heather is AMAZING. If you're like me and you read 100 reviews before deciding to choose a vendor, just go ahead and book her already! From day 1 Heather seemed like a best friend that we knew for years. She really takes the time to get to know you as a person and as a couple. Our engagement and wedding photos were so perfect. I've always disliked the way I look in most photos but out of the 1,000+ photos we got back, I love literally all of them!! This girl works magic and is the sweetest human being ever. I'm pretty sure she was a golden retriever in her past life. You will not regret booking this gal and your wedding photos will be incredible, to the point where I still gush over them daily
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 11/14/2020
    Heather is the best, that's all there is too it. She's not only an amazing photographer but an amazing person. She brings this refreshing vibe to ever meeting and session. Her work speaks for itself, there's nothing I can say to correctly describe how perfect her photos are. She is willing to go the extra mile in any and every situation. I will never, ever use anyone other than Heather for any pictures I ever need taken. I highly recommend her for anything you need a photographer for.
  • Robin
    Robin M. Married on 09/26/2020

You will not be disappointed

My husband and I chose Heather after being in a friends wedding she photographed years before our wedding. She was fun, friendly, professional and really good at her job, so we knew we wanted her (not to mention one of our favorite pictures ever is from that wedding we first met her!)

Our wedding had many Covid challenges like date change, location change, etc and Heather was positive, accommodating and compassionate to the situation.

On our actual wedding day she worked with us and our guests to make everything go as smoothly as possible. She was so pleasant to be around and really helped us loosen up and have even more fun at our own wedding.

We got the highlights of our photos about a week later and I could not be happier with these memories we will have forever. She knew exactly how to capture the pure joy we felt and she brought it out in us despite all the craziness of a wedding day.

I could go on and on about her professional style of photos and her demeanor on wedding day, so I’ll just say - I cannot recommend Heather and her assistant photographer Lauren enough. You will not be disappointed!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/29/2020

Choose Heather! You'll Gain a Friend :)

We talked to a number of photographers whose photos were great, but we just didn't have a connection with them. When we got on the phone with Heather for the first time, we knew she was our girl. We also chose her because she had shot at our venue before, and she did. not. disappoint! Heather is the most optimistic and bubbly person, with an eye and passion for all things detail not just during photos but through the whole process. She is incredibly thoughtful and through the pandemic she checked in with us to just ask how we were doing - that personal touch really validated our decision. Included in Heather's package is an engagement shoot, which was great because we got to meet with her and get to know her before our actual wedding day, which made the wedding day so much less stressful. We opted for Heather +1 - her second shooter and assistant were so great and brought a similar energy which was helpful. All of those things wrapped into one meant our day was enjoyable and photos were fun and natural (which, let's be honest, getting formal photos taken is a bit daunting if you haven't had it done a ton of times). My family also LOVED her and her team, which means the world to me. We love Heather and cannot wait to have her do family photos for us one day. Book Heather, you will not be disappointed!!
    Kathryn C. Married on 12/14/2019

Heather is absolutely spectacular in every way!

Heather Chipps is the best decision we ever made throughout our whole wedding planning process. She is TRULY amazing on the inside and the outside! We met her through a Skype conversation/interview/meeting and immediately knew she was the one for us. She's bubbly, friendly, smiley and she makes you feel like you've known her forever. She made us SO excited for our big day for the entire year that we worked with her. She is absolutely incredible. She is quick to respond, is super organized, and her photos are absolutely insanely gorgeous. She made us feel SO comfortable every time we were in front of the camera, including our engagement photos and our wedding day. Not only did she capture both our engagement session and our wedding day better than we could have ever imagined, but we also gained a really good friend throughout the whole process. We absolutely love Heather. Heather, thank you, thank you, thank you for being you, an amazing person, an incredibly talented photographer, and an even better person!!
    Kelly Married on 11/02/2019

Yes just yes! Book her now!

Where do I even begin this review about Heather?!?! This girl knows how to work a camera!! Heather is truly one of a kind! She has such positive energy, is upbeat, kind and her confidence really puts you at ease whether it’s during the planning process or the day of. She is very responsive to any and ALL questions. Heather is so sweet and takes the time to get to know you, your vision, and your expectations before even meeting! I remember we chatted so much before our initial engagement session that when we finally met in person, we literally ran to each other from our cars and gave each other the BIGGEST HUG! It felt like we were longtime friends that just hadn’t seen each other in awhile. My husband and I were initially anxious because we had never had professional photos before and were worried it would be awkward figuring out poses. Heather made us both feel so comfortable and helped pose us so we wouldn’t have to think of poses on our own. She listened to our vision and made it a reality with the most DREAMY photos. She went above and beyond during our engagement session and timed everything just perfectly. We were able to take photos in a grassy area then literally went and hiked a mountain to take more photos, timing it just right for sunset since my vision was both grassy and mountains. Flash forward to wedding day, Heather was very confident, organized, and thorough. She made sure we had the pictures we wanted with family following the ceremony by sticking to the list that I gave her ahead of time. She was able to get the family photos completed in such a timely manner and I remember her turning to me and saying, “the family portraits are the most stressful and if I don’t look stressed, I don’t want you to either.” This was such a breath of fresh air because having a big family can be hard to corral them all but she did it with no issues! Heather provided such a quick turn around time for photos and I will cherish them forever. Although pricey, if applicable, I do highly recommended paying for the extra hour so can capture the end of the night. Some of my favorite photos are the ones that occurred at the end of the night to include my sparkler send off. I would be so sad if she was not there to capture those moments. I could literally go on and on about Heather and her amazing photography skills but I know I need to wrap this us. SOOO look no further, seriously, go run and BOOK HER NOW!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 10/19/2019

She is amazing!!!

Hiring Heather as our photographer was the best decision we made! She was extremely responsive during the whole process even though she is jammed packed. She made us feel so comfortable taking photos and we felt at complete ease despite how hectic a wedding day was. She truly is amazing at her craft and has the best personality to boot! I’m so grateful to hear for capturing our wedding day so beautifully, booking her is the best and easiest decision you can make!
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 10/13/2019

Do yourself a favor and hire Heather

Oh my god, where to even start. Heather is next level incredible. She's easy to talk to, she's creative, she's personable, and goodness is she TALENTED. Seriously our wedding photos look straight out of Southern Living.

From the get-go she was easy to talk to and plan photo sessions with. She is realistic about timelines and is great at explaining why some timelines might work better depending on your event. She genuinely tries to get to know you throughout the whole process to gauge what you want and need out of your wedding photos.

There was a moment during the reception when I was talking to my mom and the wedding coordinator, and Heather came over to check in on me to make sure everything was going well. She was actively involved in wanting to make sure she was helping or making things easier for me on the day-of.

I can't say enough about how wonderful she is. She made wedding planning easier and our wedding photos are seriously incredible. I honestly feel like I'm coming out of our wedding with not only a husband, but also a new friend in Heather.
    Alesha Married on 09/28/2019

the PERFECT photographer!

If you want your wedding day to be perfect and you want to capture every minute of it, you should hire heather. Heather made my wedding day go so so smoothly. She kept my wedding party on time all day & made us feel so comfortable. She has the sweetest soul and bends over backwards for her clients. Picking heather to photograph my wedding was easily the best decision I made regarding wedding vendors. I adore her!
    Paige T. Married on 09/11/2019

The best photographer ever.

Yall... I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this woman is! A few years ago, Heather did a friend's bridals and when I saw them I said, well whenever I get married she is definitely photographing our wedding... flash forward about 2 years and WE BOOKED OUR DREAM PHOTOGRAPHER. I knew the work would be amazing, but I didn't know I was going to find such a great friend! Heather made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera every time. We also were amazed at the short amount of time it took to get all of our galleries! We had our full gallery of wedding photos about 3 WEEKS AFTER. If there is one thing you invest in for your wedding, it needs to be Heather because these are the treasures you'll have to share with generations to come (and decorate your home with!). I wish we could get married everyday so that Heather could photograph us, and so that we could hang out everyday ;). Your search for your photographer is done once you've found this gem!
    Emily R. Married on 06/29/2019

Amazzzzzing

Heather is AMAZING! Seriously - my husband and I have never met anyone like her. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera with each session. She was so easy to work with, even though she has a busy schedule! Heather is so kind and makes your experience so unique. From our bridal gift box, personalized meetings, and big hugs/squeals/smiles on your wedding day, she truly makes you feel like you are the only bride in the world. We got our photos back SO quick - and we even got sneak peeks THE NIGHT OF our engagement session and the day after our wedding!!! We started with a photographer, ended with a friend ❤️ we love you Heather!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Photographer. Amazing Person.

Heather is amazing, inside and out. She's incredibly talented and the nicest, most genuine person. (Seriously Heather, I want to drive down to your neck of the woods and have a beer with you.)

Heather had the greatest eye for shots for both our engagement photos and wedding. I've gotten so many compliments on our sneak peeks alone and she somehow managed to capture the sheer joy we experienced on our day. It's hard to describe but you can feel the love coming from our photos. Her second shooter, TJ was also fantastic and did a great job wrangling 7 crazy groomsmen armed with an axe and fireworks.

Heather was completely flexible through the whole process and during the reception really seemed to magically appear out of nowhere to capture our most important moments. She truly captured everything we hoped for and more. We love you, Heather!
    Natalie Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing!!!!!!

Heather Chipps
    Where to start with this beautiful human? After months, and thousands of photographers and wedding photos, another photographer had referred me to heather for our wedding. From the jump heather was attentive, quick to respond, knowledgeable, and above all her personality and soul radiated sunshine and joy. Because my husband and I lived so far from her, she suggested a video chat initially to talk face to face about wedding details and get to know her, prior to committing. After hanging up, we immediately knew she was the one for us. For our engagement session we wanted to stick with a beach theme, we spoke to heather and asked about Virginia Beach because we loved it there and thought the location would be closer for her(only to find out she drove almost 3 hrs to take our engagement pictures... that my friends is commitment).She loved the idea suggested a few locations in Virginia Beach (that were insanely beautiful) that she had shot at before. When we got to the session, I was a nervous wreck about our pictures and what they would look like. While I was OBSESSED with her work, I had seen other couples around me (with other photographers) who ended up hating their photos and that made me a little uneasy. We were also nervous we wouldn’t be “photogenic” and would look awkward. From the time heather stepped out of her car, she greeted and treated us like we were old friends. As we walked to the sight to start shooting, we talked and I expressed how nervous I was and she explained everything, and addressed my concerns. After the first few minutes of “test shots”, (and I say “test shots” because that were remarkable)she could tell I was still anxious and told me to come over and she turned the camera around and showed me a few shots, they were so beautiful and immediately was relieved. The remainder of the shoot, was a breeze.. it was so much FUN.. how many people can honestly say that?? Her and my husband could not stop joking around, they were vibing on a whole new level. We spent the entire shoot laughing hysterically. She offered her advice and humor throughout the shoot, and even showed us a few of her tricks. She was open to all of the ideas I had seen on Pinterest and offered her experience/advice , which I LOVED. We got a sneak peak the next day, I literally was running around screaming they were so beautiful. The remainder of our photos were back a few days later, they were UNBELIEVABLE.. next came the wedding, she was super helpful with the timeline and offering her advice and experience, while addressing our concerns. On the wedding day, she showed up her bright shining self. I can honestly say I think I was more excited to see her than anything..oops!! She did her thing in the beginning, worked with all of my girls and mother to make sure everyone got the pictures they wanted, etc. When we arrived at the venue, I was devastated when I walked in and saw the the floral pieces were nothing like I asked for (bright whites, and blush pink.. instead they were cream/light yellow and peach, with hardly any pink and a bunch of greenery that I specifically asked not to have) Heather immediately told me not to worry she could edit the pictures and make them more of what I was expecting. Heather, my wedding coordinator, and brother in law, removed some of the greenery, cut pink hydrangeas off of the bushes out side, and put them in all the centerpieces and the arch for the ceremony. They fixed the florals, without me even asking.. When I tell you this woman is a SAINT, I mean she is a SAINT. I truly don’t know what I would have done without her, as a bride walking in to your venue and seeing that things are not as you imagined is crushing. This woman went above and beyond, to fix this situation and make me happy. Not only the flowers, but her presence is calming, and as a bride you need that. Throughout the reception heather, could be found on the dance floor with her camera and foam glow stick (the life of the party). Throughout the wedding everyone kept coming up, and saying how much they loved our photographer and even still to this day rave about her. We got our sneak peak photos the next day, and as expected they were unreal.. the beauty and moments that she captured are breathtaking. Heather, truly has a gift to capture the beauty of a couple and really anything thats set in front of her. She loves her job, and you can see that in her work and how she works. I cannot say enough about her work and her as a person. She is truly a beautiful person, and the best person to have in your corner. Heather is the ray of light in the darkness of wedding planning! We cannot thank her enough, for walking into our lives and being a fundamental part of our life changing day.
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn W. Married on 11/10/2018

Book Heather Chipps Now

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, stop looking now. You have found the absolute best in the business in Heather Chipps Photography. True story: We based our wedding date on her availability. We were engaged in mid-March, and besides our immediate family, she was the first to know as I reached out to find out what remaining dates she had for later that same year. I knew without a doubt that I wanted her to photograph our wedding. We also booked her to do our engagement session and my bridal portraits. Heather was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. She was quick to respond, informative, FUN, easy-going, and the turnaround on her work is simply impressive. We could not be any happier with all of the memories that she captured. I am truly sad to think that she won’t be photographing us anymore.
    Alexandra Married on 09/15/2018
    Heather is awesome! From our engagement pictures to our wedding, she was so easy to work with and made taking pictures fun! She was super flexible as we had to change our wedding plans multiple times due to the weather! By far one of the best decisions I made was booking her for our big day!
    Emily Married on 08/04/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Hands down BEST photographer ever!!! I have never met someone as passionate for what they do as her and it absolutely shines through her work. From the first time I met Heather at our engagement session, she made me feel as if I was with a best friend rather than a stranger. There's no better feeling than being 100% comfortable around the person who is capturing these important moments for you! Through all the chaos on our wedding day Heather remained calm and assured me that it would all work out as planned and I'm not sure how I could've done it without her! Months after our wedding I'm still in awe looking at our photo album. If I could give Heather a million stars on this review I would!!!
    Andrea J. Married on 06/02/2018

11/10 Best Wedding Photog EVER

Heather was incredible! She is so personable and caring and could not have been more helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Our complimentary engagement session was SO fun and we were sold from the moment we met her. She captured exactly who my husband and I are with her pictures and we will treasure them forever. On our wedding day, she was able to make our families feel natural in front of the camera but she also kept things moving. We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer and now friend!
    Sarah Married on 05/20/2018
    The BEST photographer EVER!!! Seriously, if Heather is available on your wedding date, do not hesitate, hire her now!! She is so incredibly sweet, fun, organized and friendly! For both our engagement session and our wedding day, she made it so easy for us to pose for the camera. It is the perfect mix of posed and candid photos. I could not be happier with the way our photos turned out, and even better, we got 1500 of them! It just doesn't get any better. She is a blast to work with and I will refer her to anyone who gets engaged in the future. We couldn't be happier! HIGHLY recommend!!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 05/19/2018

She made the day perfect forever

OH EM GEE!!!! Heather is everything we could have ever wanted in a photography for our wedding day. She was recommended from friends and the moment I looked at her work, I was obsessed. When I sent her the first email, my fingers were crossed that she was not already booked. I received her first email and the subject of the email alone, had me fall in love with her personality, I mean she used "YAY" in every email. She had me so excited to get married! She was an amazing communicator the entire process answer any and ALL the questions that I had. During the engagement photoshoot, she had me so relaxed and my husband (who hates pictures) saying, "she is amazing, I can't wait for the wedding day". One the wedding day she did not disappoint, not only was she a joy to work with but she was just as excited as we were to be married. Her love for love was obvious and helped me smile all day when I was a ball of nerves. Our sneak peek of photos the day after had me smiling from ear to ear and dying for the whole set. She did such a perfect job of capturing our day that everyone is getting a picture for the upcoming holidays and I know they will love it as much as we do. Not only did we hire the BEST photographer in the business but now we have a friend for life.
    Ashley M. Married on 05/12/2018

Amaxing photographer!!

Such a great photographer! Made us feel comfortable and natural while taking photos! Such a great personality and so professional! Would definitely recommend her to everyone!
  • F
    Francine Married on 04/28/2018
    I found Heather through the wonderful resource that is the internet – and boy am I glad! From day one she was just so nice. One of the things that I really wanted in the wedding photo “package” was an engagement session to make sure we were comfortable. And boy did Heather deliver! We ended up getting super lucky and taking pictures in the snow, on the top of a mountain – what awesome groundwork for a great wedding day! Heather was super professional and organized throughout the whole process. She kept us on track on the money side, and made sure we had a solid timeline in place for the wedding day. Heather also picked a wonderful associate photographer to work with her on our wedding day, and I feel like they captured our event and personalities beautifully. Our pictures are perfect! Thank you, Heather, for such a wonderful experience!
    Emily Married on 02/24/2018
    Heather is AMAZING and I would've given her 10 stars on everything if the website allowed. Choosing Heather to be my photographer was easy - her style, personality, and professionalism come together to form the perfect trifecta. From our engagement session to wedding day, Heather kept us both at ease the whole time. Heather traveled to a city she doesn't know well for my wedding but that didn't change the fact she found amazing locations for our photos. Her detail photos made me swoon and I love that the photos she captured of us and our bridal party were very natural and didn't look staged. She keeps you smiling and laughing the entire time - the groomsmen kept telling me how awesome they thought she was! Her detailed timeline and information ahead of time keeps you in the loop, and she is very prompt in her email responses. You will DEFINITELY not regret hiring Heather for your wedding day! 10/10 would recommend.
  • Satarra
    Satarra Married on 08/31/2017

Nothing short of perfection

Heather is without a doubt the best photographer in the business & if you haven’t booked her yet, hurry! She was the best part of our wedding. Well, maybe second to the actual getting married part ;) Out of all the things my husband and I budgeted for (the flowers, the dresses, the tuxedos, the cake, the venue, etc... ) Heather’s photography was the one thing that was worth every penny HANDS DOWN. Not only was she able to capture every precious moment, but she flew all the way to Connecticut for my DREAM WEDDING! The moment our wedding was up on her blog- my family, friends, husband and I were all in AWE. She literally CAPTURED THE LOVE. I think it's because she is not just there to capture moments - but she herself brings excitement, love, playfulness and joy to the table whenever there is a camera in her hand. From the first time we met, that is all she has done: brought the love and the laughter. She is creative and funny! Her wonderful attitude is completely contagious.... She will pull the beauty and creativity forward in any situation - and my husband and I are SO glad she was there to do so on our wedding day. My husband and I cannot wait for another occasion to hire her!!