30 Reviews for Hazelwood Photo

Digital Files (3)
Albums (2)
Proofs (1)
30 Hazelwood Photo Reviews

We chose Hazelwood Photo for our engagement and wedding shoots and we couldn't be happier! Sarah is an absolute pleasure to work with and her photography is beyond impeccable. She went above and beyond with her work and was always super responsive to our questions and emails! We wouldn't change a single thing about the product or experience with Hazelwood. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Joyce, 4/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah captured our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with the results. Her photos are truly magical. Talents aside, Sarah is incredibly professional and a breeze to work with. She goes the extra mile to make you feel assured in the vision, process and product. What I appreciated most was her honesty and professional opinion, which we leaned on a lot to inform our shot list and aesthetics. While she was flexible and accommodating, she also provided constructive feedback and was realistic about expectations upfront. Plus, she comes highly recommended by area vendors and worked seamlessly with them behind the scenes. If you're looking for unique, artistic and timeless photos, she's your gal. Our thanks to her for contributing to such a wonderful day - and planning process - and for capturing our memories so perfectly.

Profile Picture User7105580, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah did an amazing job photographing our wedding! We just got our photos back and absolutely love them. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Matt, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is an amazing photographer and captured our engagement and wedding day photos perfectly. Her moody and romantic photos were exactly what we were looking for. I found her from Oregon Bride Magazine's Instagram page and our meeting with her made us feel comfortable. She made a mock timeline of how the day would go with photos, which was something we had not even thought about yet. She was more on top of our wedding than we were with just one meeting. Our photos were a mix of gorgeous portraits, traditional family photos and true candids. We were both very picky about our wedding photographer, because we believe that the photos were going to be the most important vendor of the day. They would be what we looked back to remember our day and we wanted that "wow" factor, that Sarah most definitely brought to the table. We got married on the most stormiest weekend of the year, and Sarah was there with us through the rain and the mud capturing it all. We were so grateful for her showing up that day! We would highly recommend her to anyone, because she travels as well!

Profile Picture Kalina, 10/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Sarah was the perfect photographer to capture our wedding day! We are beyond satisfied with the quality of our photos. She did an incredible job keeping everyone organized for formal photos, has a keen attention to detail, and a beautiful artistic quality. She was great at giving direction and finding creative shots, as well as candid and formals. We'll be sure to hire her again in the future!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If there was an option for 6+ stars, Sarah & Hazelwood would get them. When we first started planning our July 2016 wedding, we knew that photography was going to be one of the key areas we wanted to invest in. We had the groom's father, a hobby photographer take our informal engagement photos so really wanted to find a wedding photographer that would be able to produce photographs with a very specific romantic, dreamy style that we wanted. I poured over dozens of websites, blogs, and when I stumbled across Sarah's photo shoot at my wedding venue (Bridal Veil Lakes), I immediately fell in love with her magical storytelling style.

Sarah was the first photographer that we met with, and upon meeting her and chatting about our wedding day vision, we knew we had found our photographer and I cancelled our other appointments. She brought albums of her work and helped us figure out an optimal wedding schedule. From the detail she captures in the wedding decor, to her unique style of editing that has no comparison, we were confident that we could entrust her with our wedding day. It also really helped that she's worked with my other vendors before and they all had wonderful things to say about her.

My husband and I have a running joke that it's really hard to capture him on camera with a smile that is not forced or fake, and that on the day of the wedding we'd have to hire someone dancing in the background to get him to crack a smile. Well when the photos came out, we were both so impressed that in every photo, his smile looked amazing (no background dancer needed!) . A combination of wedding day glow + Sarah's impeccable timing and artistry, and we the best photos of us that have ever been taken.

She is a true perfectionist, and will do all that she can to get the "perfect shot", including leading us into Horsetail falls for some dramatic photos. A very heartfelt thank you for capturing so perfectly our special day and helping us create memories to cherish!

Profile Picture Meng, 7/15/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I fell in love with Sarah's work the moment I stumbled upon her Instagram profile. He work spoke to me because her photos tell a story, they are not just “pretty pictures”.
Sarah did a wonderful job with capturing the wonderful moments at our wedding. I always wanted my wedding photos to be a little whimsical. And Sarah’s style was perfect match for us.
We were so busy that we forgot to notice those little smiles and all the love surrounded us. But Sarah’s camera captured it all. The beauty, love, and happiness – ALL of it!
My heart just melted to see all of the photos of our friends and how happy they were for us. The little details that we missed, Sarah captured them all.....and very beautifully.
Sarah’s photos tell a wonderful tale about us, our love, and the love and happiness that surrounded us. Her photos definitely exceeded our expectations and our vision.
We are so thankful her for being so wonderful and kind to us. THANK YOU Sarah!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

Sarah was my photographer for my Portland wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. From the first time that I saw Sarah's galleries, I knew that I wanted her to be my photographer. She does an excellent job capturing facial expressions, important/poignant moments, and breathtaking landscapes, all without seeming intrusive. She is very personable and works hard to ensure that the pictures include all of the people and events that are important to the bride and groom. Both my mom and my sister expressed how much they enjoyed working with Sarah. The pictures themselves were even better than I could have imagined, and it felt like I was reliving the happiest day of my life as I viewed them. I appreciate that she makes all of the photos available for download and provides the option for me to print them myself or order them from her. Sarah is the best!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I was very careful about hiring a photographer for my wedding. To me this was one of the most important parts of the wedding since the photos are your memories. I found Sarah on a blog and fell in love with her pictures and styling right away. Even though I live in Los Angeles she was very accommodating to make time to meet with us when she was out here. She is very sweet and professional. The first time we met, I left and told my husband that she is the kind of person I would totally be friends with :)
After we hired her, she was great again about scheduling our engagement photos and even suggested the location which we were so happy with- Catalina Island!

On our wedding day- this girl worked her butt off!! We had a lot of pictures to take and she made everything happen. Sarah is totally committed to making you happy. Even when I could tell she was probably exhausted and trying to wrangle everyone in for photos she stayed calm and with a smile on her face. Also- she is very good about giving direction. My husband and I were a little clueless but Sarah totally helped us.

When we got our pictures back I just about died (in a good way). I'm just completely blown away by how amazing they look. Sarah caught all the right moments and everything turned out gorgeous! I wish I had another event I could hire her for. I would recommend her to any of my friends.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am in the design/photography industry, so naturally I scrutinized photographers before deciding on one for our wedding. I reviewed Hazelwood's portfolio many times and each time I was struck by the images of couples not just gorgeous because of their wedding garb and styling, but for the way Sarah captured the subtle light nuances, spontaneous compositions and expressions, and spirit of the event that is unique to each couple. Sarah succeeds in capturing not only the posed and suspected moments of a wedding, but the details, the emotions, and the moments you didn't expect to see that make up the day. Upon meeting, we were instantly impressed with her level of professionalism, confidence and seriousness mixed with kindness that makes you trust her and know that her presence will not be a hinderance on your big day. Although quality was more important to us than price, Hazelwood's rates were also surprisingly very reasonable compared to the competition.
Sarah was very responsive to all my inquiries before the event, was flexible in meeting all of our needs, and was very gracious even when I handed her a laundry list of items I wanted her to capture in the short time frame. She somehow managed to check off every one, and then some!
A day after, I was elated to receive a few select images to whet our appetites for what was to come. We received our images in exactly the time that we were quoted. They were displayed on a lovely and easy that enabled us to share with guests, mark selects and order prints. The images blew our minds and expectations! We got the requested shots, and also shots of every hand crafted detail, images of our vendors in action, and tons of candid images of our guests, toasts, and venue throughout the evening. Also, I was surprised to find Sarah had spontaneously composed shots of the decor and details around my home as I was getting ready. These summed up our vibe and style and made the collection feel so personal, intimate, and truly ours.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We cannot say enough good things about Sarah and our experience having her photograph our wedding. If you read no further than this-- book her for your event!

Sarah went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable, calm and special. She produced the most incredible photos of our day, capturing moments and memories we will savor forever! Sarah has a special and unique way of connecting with everyone present and at the same time staying professional throughout the entire experience. She knew exactly where to take photos and how to direct our often scattered energy, while at the same time listening to our hopes for the day.

Sarah met with us a few times before our wedding and delivered our images in a very timely manner. We highly recommend Sarah for any of your photography needs!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

What a wonderful experience for us to have Sarah Morrison photograph us on our wedding day/elopement!! Her relaxed and helpful demeanor made my husband and I feel so comfortable. She is a consumate professional and you immediately got the impression that she knew exactly what she she was doing, so we were more than confident letting her direct us and take the lead. Most importantly, our wedding pictures were breathtaking. Her photagraphy style is original and fresh and our friends and family cried when they viewed the photos. So incredibly happy we found her!!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We live in Victoria, BC and came down to our favorite city, Portland, Oregon to get married. We found Sarah from Hazelwood Photo online with a fantastic website and write up of what she offers. On our wedding day Sarah was fantastic and made our day perfect with fantastic photos of our special day. Would highly recommend Sarah @ Hazelwood Photo.

Profile Picture Owen, 9/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hazelwood Photo was the best! Not only were the photos absolutely beautiful, Sarah is so gracious and professional it made the whole day a breeze. I work with a lot of photographers and I was very impressed with the way Sarah interacted with our family and friends - the images captured everyone, from my 84 year old grandmother to my 5 and 7 year old sons, in exactly their element. It was so fun to look through the pictures a few weeks later and see everybody so happy.

In addition to the people part, I put a lot of time and energy into the details of our wedding and I felt like Sarah recognized that and documented all the little touches throughout the day that mattered to me.

I can't recommend Sarah enough - especially if you are planning a vintage-y, unique wedding with a lot of personality. She gets it!

Profile Picture Erica, 9/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process. As I was planning from across the country we had Skype conversations and emailed easily. On the day of Sarah was prepared for whatever came her way. People were asking me if we were friends because she is so easy to get along with. Others do not even remember seeing her (a good sign of a stealthy photographer). I would whole heartily recommend Sarah for any event.

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/3/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hazelwood Photo is the absolute best of the best and Sarah is a true visionary and artist. Her impeccable attention to detail, creative eye and wonderful suggestions shine through in her amazingly gorgeous photos of our wedding and engagement, which we couldn't possibly be happier with. Furthermore her professionalism, keen photographic sensibilites and fun personality make her an absolute delight to work with. Her extraordinary photos of our wedding were even featured on Ruffled wedding blog, which is most certainly a testament to the quality and beauty of her work. We can't wait to work with Hazelwood Photo again soon and cannot recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Laurel, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah Morrison was an absolute dream to work with! She was extremely organized as well as thoughtful and creative with our wedding pictures both before and during the wedding. It was amazing to see the shots that she got from the ceremony without being intrusive in any way! Very, very professional!! I also could not be happier with the results! Her photos truly capture the spirit and love that was our special day! I would highly recommend her to anyone needing photography for a special event! Excellent work!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 12/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was the best! Her pictures turn out wonderful and she is great to work with. She isn't shy to let you know what shots will look best but flexible to make sure you are confortable.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was wonderful to work with. From the first moment we met her she helped us feel comfortable and made everything easy and natural. One thing I looked for in a photographer was someone who did something more than just point and shoot with a fancy camera. Sarah takes beautiful and unique pictures, and her editing is wonderful. I don't know how she does it. Sarah was easy to communicate with and always professional. This was the best decision I made above my dress, the catering, and the venue. These pictures are something I won't ever forget and will always be proud to show. Sarah is fun to work with and always has your best interest. She will make you feel comfortable and make sure you have pictures you love.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were referred to Sarah from another photography company that was booked the day of our wedding. We were a bit nervous at first because she had just recently moved to Portland but I could not be happier with our decision. Sarah is an incredible photographer and is so great to work with! I remember thinking the morning after our wedding that I hardly remembered seeing her, but after seeing the photos it was clear she was there to capture every moment from the evening. I'm not a huge fan of "posed" pictures so it was great to see that everything turned out so candid and really showed our true emotions. She also captured a lot of the little details from our day. You put so much effort into planning/decorating and hardly notice it on the actual day, so it's nice to have something to look back on to remember.

She was incredibly flexible with meeting up with us before our big day to discuss possible shot locations and we couldn't believe how quickly we received our pictures. She sent us some sneak peek pics while we were still on our honeymoon, which was super fun.

The only reason I gave her 4 stars for professionalism is because she was dressed pretty casual for a wedding. Our wedding happened to be casual so it wasn't a big deal, but if you're planning something a little more formal then that's probably something you would want to discuss. Other than that she was very professional and such a pleasure to work with.

I would HIGHLY recommend her for any occasion requiring a photographer!

Profile Picture Kelsy, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

In short, Sarah was the perfect photographer for our wedding. It was a real pleasure having her shoot our big day and all the day-of preparations. Sarah went above and beyond our expectations. Aside from her courteous and professional attitude, she really went the extra mile to get some gorgeous photos. She works hard but her work looks effortless and joyous. During the wedding, we received lots of feedback from guests saying how great the photographer is -- and that was BEFORE anyone even saw any of the photos. When Sarah sent us the photos, we were astounded by how they came out -- it was amazing to be able to relive the entire day of our wedding. She really caught the happiness and warmth from each guest and every shot is a cherished memory of our big day. We had many personal touches incorporated into the ceremony and reception that Sarah's keen eye for details captured beautifully. Thanks to Sarah, our wedding photos will be treasured forever.

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Planning a wedding in 3 weeks seemed impossible but everything came together perfectly. 3 weeks requires you to make decisions without having all the information. You can only hope and pray it all comes together the way you hope and with Sarah, the photos she took for us were beyond our wildest hopes!

Sarah was referred to us through our wedding officiate (who I found through a google search, who was also amazing). Sarah responded quickly to my email on her availability and even came to our home the weekend prior to our wedding day to talk through logistics and get to know us.

In addition to our wedding photos, she did a wonderful job of photography our 1 year old daughter and all of our family members the day of our wedding. There is one beautiful shot of my daughter on a blanket with her cousin, that most people have looked at and thought it was a magazine ad.

All the way through the day, from carpooling with us, to organizing all of the amazing pictures of us as a couple, the ceremony, to our family present, to returning to our home and coming in for a few more pictures of our cake, rings, and cupcake tower, Sarah was amazingly flexibly and smiled throughout.

When we were saying goodbye at the end of our wedding, Sarah said she'd have the finished disk for us in a couple weeks, so imagine my surprise and delight that I had an email from her the very next day of a link to her website with highlights from the photos she took and then within a week she dropped off the final CD of images. Looking through them brought tears of joy to my eyes. She caught so many magically moments that I didn't even realize she was taking in the moment.

Thank you Sarah for capturing our special day! We'll be able to relive that special day for all the years of our life, thanks to your artistry and skill. We can't thank you enough.

Profile Picture keiko, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't believe I've waited so long to post this review, but Sarah, aka Hazelwood Photo, was an absolute pleasure to work with. In planning our wedding, my husband and I felt very strongly that having a great photographer was our top priority - but not at the expense of having to downsize our guest list to accomodate a hefty photographer fee. I had met with a couple other photographers, but I instantly felt comfortable and at ease with Sarah and most importantly - that she understood what I was hoping to capture. Leading up to the wedding she was very reponsive and didn't try to charge a travel fee (she moved out of state following our contract) which was nice.

On the day, she arrived a little bit early and ready to go! I was still getting ready so she took some time to capture detail shots and was very flexible. She was great with our families taking lots of photos after the ceremony and trying to accomodate everyone's wishes. I've been to some weddings where the photographer is a bit of a tyrant - trying to get people to move along and get in all the necessary shots - and Sarah wasn't like that at all. Things moved along pretty organically and she was gracious when others took photos behind her or tried to commandeer the shoot!

Following our wedding, it took less than a week to get a sample of some photos and just a few weeks to get all our retouched images on disc. I've heard nightmares about it taking months and months, but Sarah turned it around very quickly - keeping me posted all along the way.

I'm just realizing that I haven't mentioned the quality of the photos...Needless to say, my husband and I were extremely happy with our photos. She managed to capture so many little moments or details that we missed out on. Plus she managed to make us look so much better than we do in real life. SCORE!

If you're looking for a low-key, flexible, incredibly talented professional, book Hazelwood photo!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/29/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Eric and I are from Kentucky and decided to elope across the country at our favorite bed and breakfast that resides on a 40 acre horse farm in breathtaking Washington state. Sarah from Hazelwood Photo was recommended to us by a wedding planner/minister in the area who sent us a link to Sarah's photography website and attested that "her work speaks for itself." How true! We got in touch with Sarah just three weeks prior to the wedding and was fortunate enough that she was available for our date. She arrived on time at the rural venue and took the most spectacular pictures, showcasing my husband's and my happiness together and the beauty of the innkeepers' property.

Sarah was so easy to work with and made our wedding experience comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable while capturing Eric's and my love for one another in such a simplistic, creative way. She is an artist, and I would definitely recommend Hazelwood Photo to friends.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We did a "trash the dress" photo shoot. We had a great time and Sarah was a lot of fun to work with!

Profile Picture Helen, 5/28/12, 1 Review