HazelBea Catering Reviews

31 Reviews for HazelBea Catering

31 HazelBea Catering Reviews

Emily Armentrout 路 Married on 09/22/2018

WOW!!! Chicken and waffles 馃構

WOW our food was amazing!!! Hazelbea worked with us to make the food at our wedding everything we ever wanted!! We had all sorts of stations with different types of food, and everyone told us that they absolutely loved all of it!! The mac n cheese bar was a huge hit, and they even worked with us to make a logistically difficult caramel apple bar become a reality!!! All their staff were courteous and efficient, and the bartenders were great. People are STILL talking about the chicken and waffles apps we had two months later! Seriously, can鈥檛 recommend Hazelbea enough!!!

Kelly 路 Married on 08/04/2018

HazelBea did a fabulous job with our son and his fiance's rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious, and many people at the dinner were impressed and offered their compliments. Becky and the other catering staff were so nice and helpful throughout the entire evening.
    Everything went so smoothly. They are terrific!

Leading up to the rehearsal dinner, Rachel and Becky were very helpful in planning exactly the kind of dinner that we wanted. They were so gracious in answering questions and making changes as we went along. I cannot say enough "thanks" to HazelBea for an excellent dinner.

Savannah 路 Married on 08/04/2018

HazelBea catered our August 2018 wedding and everything was amazing! They are quick to respond to any question and were flexible with us on our budget. The food was amazing and their team was so friendly and helpful! I hope an occasion occurs where I can use their services again!

L 路 Married on 09/02/2017

Best food I've ever had at a wedding! From start to finish in planning the menu for my daughters wedding, Rachel and her staff were professional, flexible and friendly. Our guests raved about the food. Not only would I recommend Rachel and HazelBea for ANY event, I'd use them again and again for any of my events.

Macie 路 Married on 06/17/2017

Rachel Doyle at HazelBea catering was the best choice I could have made for our wedding! Her and her team were not only the best deal, but had so much patience with us throughout the entire process! My guests couldn't stop telling me how it was the best food they had ever had at any wedding. She even had an event coordinator present to make sure everything ran as smooth as possible. 5 stars! 10/10!!

Megan 路 Married on 05/20/2017

Rachel and her team at Hazelbea were absolutely amazing. We went with a low-country theme for our food and loved every single thing about it (pork ribs, chicken bog, brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes for the rehearsal; shrimp and grits, pork loin, mac n cheese, and green beans for the wedding). We honeymooned in Charleston and HazelBea's food was seriously better than our meals in the actual low country.

In addition to the amazing food, HazelBea's service was impeccable. We planned an outdoor ceremony and thunderstorms came through right as we were supposed to start. The Hazelbea team rolled with the punches and started cocktail hour early so that our guests could wait under the tent with food and alcohol while we waited out the storm. They made sure to bring in drinks and food for the wedding party while we waited to get started, so we didn't miss out on the amazing cocktail hour snacks. The team helped my family move tables and chairs in from the rain, helped clean up spills on the dance floor, plus numerous other things that we didn't expect them to help with but truly appreciated. We even got a to-go bag from them as we got into our car at the end of the night.

I could not be happier with our experience with HazelBea Catering and will be recommending them to anyone and everyone in the future. The food was perfect and the team was so amazing and accommodating. They helped our wedding go smoothly and made sure everyone had what they needed, despite the rain trying to cause chaos.

Jessica 路 Married on 12/08/2016

The Hazel Bea staff we very professional and excellent to work with. Would highly recommend!

Mary 路 Married on 10/22/2016

Rachel at HazelBea was absolutely the best! I planned a pretty reasonably sized (85 people) wedding in less than 2 months, which could have been stressful... But Rachel took care of the food without problem. I think I had a million questions at first (as I had no clue what I was doing) and she ALWAYS answered promptly and completely! Then - at the last moment - a cold front came through and again - I had no clue what to. Rachel suggested and helped us figure out stand-Up heaters, and at the last second brought warm apple cider. It was absolutely perfect! oh - and the food was DELICIOUS! Only good words for Rachel and Hazel Bea!

Katie 路 Married on 05/07/2016

Hazelbea was great to work with and responded to all my questions leading up to the event. They helped us pull together a great dinner menu, and everything was so well presented and delicious.

Patricia 路 Married on 05/01/2016

Rachel was very easy to talk to, helpful with suggestions. Be receptive to her ideas.

Swati 路 Married on 04/30/2016

I would HIGHLY recommend Hazelbea Catering for your next occasion! Rachel and her team did a fantastic job catering my wedding in April 2016, which was not an easy task. Rachel took the time to sit down with me and my fiance to personalize our menu according to our two very different cultures (India and Uruguay). The extent of the detailing and specific tailoring Rachel and her team put forth was over the top.
    The entire Hazelbea team worked diligently to ensure everyone had plenty of food and all expectations were met. I've never seen a catering company work so hard!!!
    You will not be disappointed by the professionalism and friendliness and hard working team at Hazelbea!

Swati and Rod del Cerro

Sent on 07/23/2016

HazelBea Catering's reply:

Swati & Rod: thank you both so much! We had a fabulous time cooking for your international celebration.
  • User5571905 路 2+ years ago

Rachel is simply stated dynamic! She provided a quick response, incredible value, delicious food and beautiful presentation for a networking reception. I will definitely use HazelBea Catering again!

Thank you for everything Rachel.

• User6044234 路 2+ years ago

Rachel and her team were amazing!! Our 10.10.15 wedding was perfect! Everyone is still talking about how wonderful our menu was. We could not have been happier and will use her for ANY catering event in the future!

• User4137478 路 2+ years ago

Hazelbea catering is the best! Seriously, I cannot more highly recommend them. Rachel is great to work with. Not only is she flexible and responsive but she is also friendly and caring. Just a joy to work with. We had a smaller budget for food and she worked with us to build an amazing menu that was still in our price range. Rachel and her team showed up on time and worked with our venue to provide the best service possible. They were all very attentive and friendly.

Jon 路 Married on 04/25/2015

My fiance (now wife!) and I found HazelBea Catering through a simple Google search. We live in Atlanta and were getting married in Virginia. Through email and video chats, we built a great relationship with the owner Rachel. She helped us plan and build a great menu; everything was custom made to our needs. My wife has celiac disease; Rachel made sure everything was kept gluten free.

Rachel and her very helpful staff were great on the day of the wedding. They were there in plenty of time to get everything setup and staged. The food was excellent as well as the service. They were even able to secure some hot drinks for our guests at the very last minute (we were expecting the temperature to be about 75; it ended up at about 45).

I would certainly recommend HazelBea Catering to anyone who is looking for a friendly and reliable caterer who will create a truly unique and delicious menu for you and your guests!

Erin 路 Married on 04/25/2015

Rachel and her team did a wonderful job for our wedding! I have dietary restrictions and she was able to make the entire menu to fit those restrictions. She was flexible and able to meet with us prior to the wedding to discuss options and she helped us by picking up our rental items and dropping them off for us, as well! Brides should seriously consider using HazelBea for their catering needs!

Sent on 05/22/2015

HazelBea Catering's reply:

Erin, thank you so much! You and Jon were a delight to work with from beginning to end. I wish you both the very best in this new chapter of life! -Rachel

Michele 路 Married on 11/08/2014

I am a wedding planner based in Roanoke and I had the pleasure of working with Rachel and her team at a wedding last month. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about HazelBea Catering! I was COMPLETELY blown away by how friendly and accommodating everyone was during the entire day! Not only is Rachel's staff completely sweet and amazing, they provide exceptional-over-the-top service and can cook an amazing meal! I was really impressed by their food and took home some leftovers for myself at the end of the night! Thank you to Rachel and her entire catering staff at HazelBea Catering. We can't wait to work with you again soon at The Perfect Fairytale.
    Sincerely, Michele Robb
    Owner & Certified Wedding Planner - The Perfect Fairytale

Sherri 路 Married on 09/20/2014

As a wedding coordinator/event planner, I have the opportunity to work with a number of vendors. HazelBea Catering was new to me but since I am always willing to work with any vendor, and am always looking for new, outstanding vendors, I was excited to work with them for the first time. Rachel and her staff were just simply amazing from the moment we talked on the phone prior to the wedding. We all worked so well together! And what can I say about the food; it was just delicious and was exactly what our bride and groom wanted! It was served at just the right temperature; it was served on time; the presentation was phenomenal and HazelBea's staff was extremely professional, enjoyed their jobs and it showed. We had a very satisfied bride and groom and I will be sure to recommend HazelBea to my clients in the future!

Sarah 路 Married on 09/14/2013

HazelBea created a beautiful menu for our wedding that catered to our budget and TASTE! Everyone STILL talks about the food at our wedding. HazelBea catering has the most friendly staff; the quality of service provided is superior. Genuine passion for finding quality, local, and fresh ingredients paired with amazing recipes and combinations is what separates HazelBea from other companies doing the same old thing. I highly recommend HazelBea Catering!

shelley 路 event on: 05/31/2015

You can't beat this caterer in quality, value or partnership!

Ashley 路 event on: 08/12/2015

Rachel was great to work with for our office event. She was flexible on menu choices and price. The quality of the food was fantastic. I over ordered and was afraid there would be leftovers, but that wasn't an issue. Everyone went back for seconds and then fought over the leftovers to take home! I would highly recommend using HazelBea Catering and I plan on using them for another event next month.

Sent on 09/21/2015

HazelBea Catering's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! We very much enjoyed working with you and your group and look forward to many more events in the future!

Ashley 路 Married on 09/02/2017

I was worried with having an out of state wedding finding good quality vendors. We were lucky enough to have HazelBea recommended to use by a family friend.
    I cannot say enough about how happy we were with HazelBea! They catered both my bridal brunch and wedding reception. Rachel was so patient with my family and I and all of our opinions on the food at our first meeting, and the few changes we had after. She was able to come up with creative options within our budget to help us get the quality of food we were going for. We made a custom menu working with Rachel it was really important to me to have unique food unlike your typical wedding food with a southern flare and boy did they deliver! The food was great, and the service was phenomenal! We were able to purchase our own alcohol and have them provide the bartenders which was a huge plus for our budget. All of our guest talked about how much they enjoyed the food and I just can鈥檛 say enough good things about how it turned out.

• User5141622 路 2+ years ago

I happened to find Rachel online, and we decided to take a chance. She was awesome from the beginning, and she offered to come to our venue to get a better idea of the layout. Everything was perfect. As soon as her staff arrived on the day of the event, they set things up and they made everything look beautiful. The food was sensational. We received great feedback from all of our guests. Highly recommend!

• User3868553 路 2+ years ago

Rachel is an amazing cook! The food that she prepared for our wedding was the best wedding food I have had EVER. So many of the guests kept commenting that the food was fantastic...and they were right. We actually used HazelBea for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception and I am so glad we did. It was all so delicious and she was really accommodating to work with. The servers she brought in were great and very professional. I am so glad that I found HazelBea, although, I really wish they had a restaurant, so I could eat there all the time!