27 Reviews for HazelBea Catering

Mediterranean (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Vegetarian (1)
Open Bar (1)

Best food I've ever had at a wedding! From start to finish in planning the menu for my daughters wedding, Rachel and her staff were professional, flexible and friendly. Our guests raved about the food. Not only would I recommend Rachel and HazelBea for ANY event, I'd use them again and again for any of my events.

Profile Picture L, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Rachel Doyle at HazelBea catering was the best choice I could have made for our wedding! Her and her team were not only the best deal, but had so much patience with us throughout the entire process! My guests couldn't stop telling me how it was the best food they had ever had at any wedding. She even had an event coordinator present to make sure everything ran as smooth as possible. 5 stars! 10/10!!

Profile Picture Macie, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel and her team at Hazelbea were absolutely amazing. We went with a low-country theme for our food and loved every single thing about it (pork ribs, chicken bog, brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes for the rehearsal; shrimp and grits, pork loin, mac n cheese, and green beans for the wedding). We honeymooned in Charleston and HazelBea's food was seriously better than our meals in the actual low country.

In addition to the amazing food, HazelBea's service was impeccable. We planned an outdoor ceremony and thunderstorms came through right as we were supposed to start. The Hazelbea team rolled with the punches and started cocktail hour early so that our guests could wait under the tent with food and alcohol while we waited out the storm. They made sure to bring in drinks and food for the wedding party while we waited to get started, so we didn't miss out on the amazing cocktail hour snacks. The team helped my family move tables and chairs in from the rain, helped clean up spills on the dance floor, plus numerous other things that we didn't expect them to help with but truly appreciated. We even got a to-go bag from them as we got into our car at the end of the night.

I could not be happier with our experience with HazelBea Catering and will be recommending them to anyone and everyone in the future. The food was perfect and the team was so amazing and accommodating. They helped our wedding go smoothly and made sure everyone had what they needed, despite the rain trying to cause chaos.

Profile Picture Megan, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Local

The Hazel Bea staff we very professional and excellent to work with. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7483706, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel at HazelBea was absolutely the best! I planned a pretty reasonably sized (85 people) wedding in less than 2 months, which could have been stressful... But Rachel took care of the food without problem. I think I had a million questions at first (as I had no clue what I was doing) and she ALWAYS answered promptly and completely! Then - at the last moment - a cold front came through and again - I had no clue what to. Rachel suggested and helped us figure out stand-Up heaters, and at the last second brought warm apple cider. It was absolutely perfect! oh - and the food was DELICIOUS! Only good words for Rachel and Hazel Bea!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hazelbea was great to work with and responded to all my questions leading up to the event. They helped us pull together a great dinner menu, and everything was so well presented and delicious.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rachel was very easy to talk to, helpful with suggestions. Be receptive to her ideas.

Profile Picture Patricia, 5/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

I would HIGHLY recommend Hazelbea Catering for your next occasion! Rachel and her team did a fantastic job catering my wedding in April 2016, which was not an easy task. Rachel took the time to sit down with me and my fiance to personalize our menu according to our two very different cultures (India and Uruguay). The extent of the detailing and specific tailoring Rachel and her team put forth was over the top.
The entire Hazelbea team worked diligently to ensure everyone had plenty of food and all expectations were met. I've never seen a catering company work so hard!!!
You will not be disappointed by the professionalism and friendliness and hard working team at Hazelbea!

Swati and Rod del Cerro

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Swati, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rachel is simply stated dynamic! She provided a quick response, incredible value, delicious food and beautiful presentation for a networking reception. I will definitely use HazelBea Catering again!

Thank you for everything Rachel.

Profile Picture User5571905, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, French, Mediterranean

Rachel and her team were amazing!! Our 10.10.15 wedding was perfect! Everyone is still talking about how wonderful our menu was. We could not have been happier and will use her for ANY catering event in the future!

Profile Picture User6044234, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hazelbea catering is the best! Seriously, I cannot more highly recommend them. Rachel is great to work with. Not only is she flexible and responsive but she is also friendly and caring. Just a joy to work with. We had a smaller budget for food and she worked with us to build an amazing menu that was still in our price range. Rachel and her team showed up on time and worked with our venue to provide the best service possible. They were all very attentive and friendly.

Profile Picture User4137478, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My fiance (now wife!) and I found HazelBea Catering through a simple Google search. We live in Atlanta and were getting married in Virginia. Through email and video chats, we built a great relationship with the owner Rachel. She helped us plan and build a great menu; everything was custom made to our needs. My wife has celiac disease; Rachel made sure everything was kept gluten free.

Rachel and her very helpful staff were great on the day of the wedding. They were there in plenty of time to get everything setup and staged. The food was excellent as well as the service. They were even able to secure some hot drinks for our guests at the very last minute (we were expecting the temperature to be about 75; it ended up at about 45).

I would certainly recommend HazelBea Catering to anyone who is looking for a friendly and reliable caterer who will create a truly unique and delicious menu for you and your guests!

Profile Picture Jon, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel and her team did a wonderful job for our wedding! I have dietary restrictions and she was able to make the entire menu to fit those restrictions. She was flexible and able to meet with us prior to the wedding to discuss options and she helped us by picking up our rental items and dropping them off for us, as well! Brides should seriously consider using HazelBea for their catering needs!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I am a wedding planner based in Roanoke and I had the pleasure of working with Rachel and her team at a wedding last month. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about HazelBea Catering! I was COMPLETELY blown away by how friendly and accommodating everyone was during the entire day! Not only is Rachel's staff completely sweet and amazing, they provide exceptional-over-the-top service and can cook an amazing meal! I was really impressed by their food and took home some leftovers for myself at the end of the night! Thank you to Rachel and her entire catering staff at HazelBea Catering. We can't wait to work with you again soon at The Perfect Fairytale.
Sincerely, Michele Robb
Owner & Certified Wedding Planner - The Perfect Fairytale

Profile Picture Michele, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

As a wedding coordinator/event planner, I have the opportunity to work with a number of vendors. HazelBea Catering was new to me but since I am always willing to work with any vendor, and am always looking for new, outstanding vendors, I was excited to work with them for the first time. Rachel and her staff were just simply amazing from the moment we talked on the phone prior to the wedding. We all worked so well together! And what can I say about the food; it was just delicious and was exactly what our bride and groom wanted! It was served at just the right temperature; it was served on time; the presentation was phenomenal and HazelBea's staff was extremely professional, enjoyed their jobs and it showed. We had a very satisfied bride and groom and I will be sure to recommend HazelBea to my clients in the future!

Profile Picture Sherri, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

HazelBea created a beautiful menu for our wedding that catered to our budget and TASTE! Everyone STILL talks about the food at our wedding. HazelBea catering has the most friendly staff; the quality of service provided is superior. Genuine passion for finding quality, local, and fresh ingredients paired with amazing recipes and combinations is what separates HazelBea from other companies doing the same old thing. I highly recommend HazelBea Catering!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I happened to find Rachel online, and we decided to take a chance. She was awesome from the beginning, and she offered to come to our venue to get a better idea of the layout. Everything was perfect. As soon as her staff arrived on the day of the event, they set things up and they made everything look beautiful. The food was sensational. We received great feedback from all of our guests. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User5141622, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel is an amazing cook! The food that she prepared for our wedding was the best wedding food I have had EVER. So many of the guests kept commenting that the food was fantastic...and they were right. We actually used HazelBea for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception and I am so glad we did. It was all so delicious and she was really accommodating to work with. The servers she brought in were great and very professional. I am so glad that I found HazelBea, although, I really wish they had a restaurant, so I could eat there all the time!

Profile Picture User3868553, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

I can not say enough about how happy we were with HazelBea! They catered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. We made custom menus working with Rachel. The food was great and the service was phenomenal! We were able to purchase our own alcohol and have them provide the bartenders which was a huge plus for our budget. They really cared and put extra effort into making our wedding special. The whole team gets 5 stars. Extra special shout out to our bartenders who were the hit of the wedding! They all far exceeded our expectations!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
4.7

Not knowing any of the businesses in the area, I chose HazelBea Catering from a list on the wedding venue website. After a bit of communication problems, Rachel worked with me to create a menu to accommodate some of my picky-eater guests. The food exceeded my expectations. The pulled pork bbq was the best I have ever had. One guest commented they wished they could have some shipped to them. The banana pudding was almost as good as my momma used to make. The citrus herb chicken received rave reviews also. All of our guests complimented us on the wonderful food. The presentation was beautiful and Rachel and her assistant were very professional, polite and accommodating. I would highly recommend HazelBea Catering to anyone wishing to have their special event catered.

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was great. There was not one thing we didn't like. Rachel was great about returning calls and helping you to figure out what exactly you want for your menu. Thanks Rachel!!

Profile Picture Cary, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel was great to work with in planning the event which was a birthday party for my 95 year old mother. Rachel was very responsive and provided ideas that met my requirements. Her food was very good. She and her team at the event were very professional and organized. They interacted with the guests which was terrific. I would definitely use her services again and hopefully this event generated some future business for her team!

Profile Picture User5583091, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Outside Cake, Server(s), American, Southern, Vegetarian
4.2

HazelBea catered our daughter's wedding reception in June 2017.  We wanted to use food stations and Rachel was very helpful in coming up with a great menu.  She is a very talented chef and her food was amazing.  We had so many compliments from our guests.  Her staff was extremely helpful and friendly throughout the evening. Because of this, my husband and I were able to enjoy the reception and not have to worry about anything.  Rachel was very helpful talking with me about menu changes, making suggestions, and even meeting with us at the reception venue to work out details.

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

office xmas party, two years running

Profile Picture User7482368, 1+ year ago, 1 Review