Hay Alexandra Photography Reviews

Hay Alexandra Photography 5
Hay Alexandra Photography 6
Hay Alexandra Photography 7

Lydia · Married on 06/23/2018

Let me just start by saying...Hayley kills it every. single. time!!! Hayley has been a pleasure to work with from the time we first met her for our engagement photos. We instantly knew we wanted to work with Hayley after my sister booked her for her wedding prior to ours. Hayley is so laid back, fun, and easy to work with. She just knows what she's doing and knows how to make you look your best. Even if you're camera shy or feel awkward taking pictures, Hayley will instantly make you comfortable and put your nerves at ease. It is true that on your wedding day you will probably spend more time with your photographer than your husband, and you can consider yourself lucky if your photographer is Hayley! Hayley showed up right on time and got right to work. She clearly cares about her couples and meeting their needs, doing whatever it takes to make you happy. We quickly received our pictures after the wedding and they were breathtaking! She is crazy talented, guys! She knows how to capture the true beauty of the day and the photos she delivers will leave you speechless. I would not hesitate to recommend Hayley, and we will definitely use her for any future photo needs! I'm just waiting for an excuse to book her again!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2018

My now-husband and I absolutely loved, LOVED working with Hayley! She has such a bright, fun, easy-going energy that makes her a dream to work with. We had never had professional pictures taken of us before, and she immediately put us right at ease. Our poses felt very natural, and she took great care to get a broad range of photos against different details and backdrops. We got both our engagement photos and wedding photos done with Hayley.

Not only is she easy to work with behind the camera, but her photos are top-notch. For our wedding day, she did a phenomenal job of capturing the portraits and family we were looking for as well as awesome detail shots and a few "surprises" I had planned that I really hoped she would get (she did!). Her style of editing is soft and romantic, and she delivers photos in a timely manner in a way that's super easy to access and share. She was easy to get a hold of and responsive, and super flexible-- even when we had to reschedule our engagement shoot date. She was SO much fun to work with and her pictures are gorgeous. I would work with her again and again! You won't regret working with her.

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Hay Alexandra Photography 8
    Hay Alexandra Photography 9
    Hay Alexandra Photography 10
    Hay Alexandra Photography 11
    Hay Alexandra Photography 12
    Hay Alexandra Photography 13

Christie · Married on 10/07/2017

Oh my gosh where do l even start with Hayley? She is hands down the best!! I had found her from some mutual friends who had also used her for their wedding and I'm SO glad I did. She was my absolute favorite vendor to work with - she is SO fun, always punctual, and just knows exactly what to do to make your photos the bomb! Going into our engagement session I wasn't sure what to expect but we had a total blast. She put us at ease instantly and I'm pretty sure we laughed for 2 hours straight. We honestly could not have hired a better wedding photographer - she kept our day running on time, wasn't afraid to call the shots to make sure we were getting the pictures we wanted, and moved at lightning speed to accommodate our large bridal party and families. Not only is she a total rockstar on the day of, but the photos she delivers are truly above and beyond and the turn around time is so fast! The quality is absolutely beautiful and I'm so so happy we have these incredible pictures from the most important day of our lives. I cannot recommend Hayley enough...she truly is the best! Thank you Hay!!!!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay · Married on 10/01/2017

Hay, hay, hay ... Where do I even start? Literally hands down the BEST decision I made when hiring vendors for our wedding back in October. From the day I met her, I knew I had to have her as our photographer. Her work shows that she is the best, but she has got to be the most down to earth person I have ever met. She gets the best shot and quicker than anyone I know. Plus her turn around couldn't have been faster to get both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures back. She is amazing and I promise you won't be dissatisfied one bit!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Hay Alexandra Photography 14
    Hay Alexandra Photography 15
    Hay Alexandra Photography 16
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 09/22/2017

I can't recommend Hayley highly enough as a wedding photographer! She has an incredible natural talent and our photos came out better than I could have ever dreamed. She is also so kind and funny, and is an absolute pleasure to have along with you on your special day. Compared to other photographers at her level, she is also offers excellent value for money with several different packages to choose from. I am SO thankful I chose Hayley and strongly urge future brides to do the same if they want beyond belief amazing pictures (be sure to book early - she gets snapped up quick!)!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Hay Alexandra Photography 17

Christina · Married on 05/28/2017

Hayley is absolutely amazing! She is so professional and one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I originally reached out to Hayley to shoot our engagement photos, as soon as she started shooting I knew that there was no one else that I would want to do our wedding. She made my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera (which as most of you ladies know...that's not an easy task!). When our wedding photos came back (super fast, might I add) we could not stop staring at them.. they are to die for! We had so much fun with her. Book Hayley, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Jordana · Married on 04/29/2017

It took 7 months to plan this lifecycle event involving participation across four states including New York, Massachusetts, Florida and Virginia. At times, it was frustrating and we wondered if it would all truly come together as the Bride's vision of her rustic, swanky chic affair. Led by Planner/Florist Gretchen Wade @dragonflygw we put our faith in her to lead us and keep our concerns to a minimum. We already had the perfect clean slate venue @shadowcreekweddings. She suggested @maineventcatrs and we agreed, crafting a menu of delectable low country fare. We researched and found DJ Romin @zandientertainment because everyone knows the DJ is the heartbeat of the party. The Bride saw Hay Alexandra's work and booked her as the art photog. Sunday is now a precious memory of a magical day where two people in love were celebrated by family and chosen family in the very best way possible. We are still reeling, over the moon, grateful, feeling blessed. This is what it looks like when you assemble a creative team of the most talented individuals of the Virginia/DC wedding industry!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

Can't say enough about how wonderful Hayley is. If you are looking for a professional, fun-loving photographer who truly knows what she is doing...this is your lady. One of my bridesmaids who has been involved in several weddings (including working as a wedding coordinator) pointed out that Hayley and her assistant worked together seamlessly. She noticed that, as I walked down the aisle, Hayley had her camera on me and the assistant had her camera on my husband and they then switched like clockwork. They covered everything from every angle.

I could go on and on about Hayley but the most important thing to say is this: your wedding pictures are what keep your wedding day alive throughout the years of your marriage. They are what you have to look back on forever. Spend the money to make sure you are getting quality pictures and go with Hayley. She is phenomenal.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/20/2016

One of the first things you should do when planning your wedding (or any event!) is to see if Hayley is available. I truly believe that pictures are one of the most important aspects of your wedding-the memories you hold onto years after. Well, Hayley highly exceeded our expectations in capturing our favorite day. Hayley was so accommodating and helpful through the entire wedding planning process. She didn't just seem like a photographer to me, she was a sounding board as well! She was there to answer my questions (photo related or not) when I needed her to. I decided to do a bridal shoot prior to our wedding to capture some more detailed pictures of my dress. Hayley was so much fun and made the entire process seamless.
    My husband and I are not big "picture takers" and we were worried about looking awkward on our wedding day. Hayley has a talent in making everything feel and look natural. She was there with us early on the day of the wedding capturing all of the moments from getting ready, to first looks, to bridal party pictures, etc. I can easily say this was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. I never felt that I needed to tell Hayley what we were "looking for" style wise in the pictures. Somehow she just knows and pulls everything together! Thank you Hayley, we cannot tell you how in love we are with these memories!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Shelby · Married on 07/23/2016

There is really no place to begin besides with the fact that if Hayley is available for your wedding date -- book her. You will absolutely not regret it.
    When I was looking for a photographer, I had my own vision in mind. Bright beautiful photos with the perfect white balance -- and let me tell you that it was nearly impossible to find. Living in Annapolis, MD, I contacted what felt like every single photographer in Maryland and none of them were just perfect or were WAY out of my price range. On one of my many searches I came across Hayley's page and remember my first thought being "These photos are amazing, she's definitely too expensive for me". I took the chance, contacted Hayley and the rest is history. From the beginning I could tell she was as down-to-earth as possible and absolutely loves what she does. My fiancé and I traveled to Virginia (where Hayley is located) to get our engagement pictures done in the most beautiful battlefield park ever. She was such a dream to work with and recommended the locations she felt would fit my dream of engagement pictures with lots of colorful fall leaves and trees. It was very hard to choose a save-the-date photo from our shoot because we loved them all. Fast forward to the wedding day and even though we haven't seen all of our pictures yet, I can without a doubt write a review telling you that I love every single picture that she took and feel like she was the perfect main ingredient in our wedding day. We had a HUGE bridal party (20 people total) that was quite the loud bunch and you would've thought Hayley was one of our friends rather than a vendor we hired.
    The overall message is that Hayley is everything you could want in a photographer and more. My fiancé (now husband) and I both agree that if we had the choice again, we would book Hayley a million times over. Do not let the opportunity of having her as your photographer pass you by!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Kate · Married on 09/19/2015

Hayley is an absolutely amazing photographer! She is so kind, funny, and easy to work with. We were lucky enough to have her for our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Hayley made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She captured so many amazing moments on our wedding day and we could not be more thankful for her. We are so in love with all of our pictures! The quality of her pictures is amazing. She is the best. We are so happy we used Hay Alexandra Photography!!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Logyn · Married on 08/22/2015

5 stars isn't enough for Hay Alexandra Photography! Hayley is AMAZING!! Not only is she an absolute gem to work with, but she is also extremely responsive, helpful, talented, and takes the most unbelievable pictures!! Hayley took our engagement and wedding photos and provided sneak peeks by the end of the night!! She also has the fastest turn around time for any photographer I have ever seen. I was blown away by every photo!! She does an amazing job at capturing every special moment and emotion! Not to mention the way she captures the light is absolutely breathtaking!!

Also Hayley brings out the best in everyone and makes taking pictures fun and enjoyable!! I cannot say enough good things about her! After working with Hayley, I not only feel like I have found a lifelong photographer but a life long friend!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Hayley was absolutely amazing! She listened to our unique needs and was able to adapt a contract that worked for us. She and her assistant were upbeat and fun to work with but most of all, the images are worth their weight in gold. I plan on using her for future events and would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/04/2015

Hayley was such a bright light on my wedding. She gave all direction and knew exactly what shots would be perfect for my special day. I did not have to give any thought about whether or not we got all the shots we wanted, she lead and we followed. To top things off she gave us a "sneak peek" of a few pictures that evening and then had all photos ready for viewing within a week. You will not regret your decision in hiring Hay Alexandra for any event you are planning...just one thing you can check off your list and not think/worry about until you see her beautiful results!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Kasey · Married on 06/13/2015

I can not say enough good things about Hayley and her second shooter! Super sweet, fun and very talented! Hayley really shows she loves what she does! Finding the right photographer is so overwhelming and I'm so glad I made the right choice!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2015

Hayleys photos speak for themselves. They are stunning. She was so easy and wonderful to work with. She really got my vision for our wedding photos and made it happen. I can't say enough great things about her and her team! She is EXTREMELY talented and was such a blessing to us!

Sent on 06/28/2015

If you are looking for a great photographer in the DC/VA area Hayley is your girl. She was an absolute joy to work with from shooting both engagement sessions and wedding day. I think having a good relationship with your photographer is important since there are going to be specific shots you want to be sure to get as well as leaning on their expertise.

She made us laugh, traveled to where we wanted to have the pictures done, and was always professional. If you are even considering her be sure to send her an email because she is speedy with responses and can help any questions you have, not to mention she BOOKS UP QUICKLY.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

Hayley is such a creative and loving soul. She is extremely dedicated, diligent, and efficient in her photography- all things I wanted in a wedding photographer! People are constantly commenting on how amazing my wedding photos are! There are gorgeous shots I didn't know she captured- they are absolutely my favorite ones. We will cherish them FOREVER and have created a beautiful wedding wall in the center of our home. I will never be able to thank her enough!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Aileen · Married on 09/07/2014

Hayley is beyond talented at photography and her passion shows through every shoot. My husband and I did seasonal engagements pictures + our wedding with Hayley. We couldn't have been more pleased. Our wedding pictures look straight out of a magazine. She has countless ideas and captures everything so naturally. She is easygoing and has such a energetic vibe that it automatically makes everything less nerve wracking. I would highly recommend her to anyone! She's affordable, easy to work with, has so many great ideas, and has a love for photography that shines through all of her images!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Hilary · Married on 05/31/2014

Hayley was our wedding photographer and did an excellent job. We love our photos and knew we would by looking at her work on her blog. Everything was very clear from the beginning when working with Hayley. We were never troubled with decisions about extra hours or different photography packages. Her way of doing business is very straightforward and the value is there.

In addition to the amazing photographs she was easily the best vendor to work with on the night of the wedding. You forget that on your wedding day you have to spend a good chunk of that time taking photos and being around your wedding photographer. In our case from early in the a.m. to 10 p.m. Her easy going attitude and ability to adjust to the million of unexpected hiccups that happen on a wedding day is really a value-add.

Hayley had the ability to make me feel very calm at the highest stress points of the day (running late, flowers arriving wrong, guests coming in the wrong entrance to the church). My husband is also very shy and was worried about taking so many photos. Since the wedding he constantly says how cool Hayley is and how he felt so incredibly comfortable during the entire process.

Hayley is talented, professional, and a vendor you won't have to worry about at all on your wedding day. We highly recommend her. In fact my sister is using her for her wedding this April!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Kim · Married on 04/12/2014

The moment you meet Hayley, you will instantly know she loves what she does! She is fantastic to do business with, she quickly responds to all and any questions you may have. Hayley explains the process up front and listens to what you have in mind for your big day.

My husband and I were very unsure what to expect for our engagement session, but Hayley makes you feel wonderful. She quickly put both of us at ease during the session and her positive energy and smile are contagious.

On our wedding day, Hayley was a dream to work with! I endlessly received compliments on my photographs from our big day. She is very talented, but most importantly she is able to make her subject feel comfortable! She captured all of the details of our wedding beautifully and many great candids from the reception. We received all of our wedding images more quickly than expected!

Hayley has a huge heart and you can easily tell how much she cares about her clients and their satisfaction. I have recommended her to any and everyone that is recently engaged! I look forward to booking her for any and all future shoots!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Melissa · Married on 03/23/2014

We planned a very small wedding ceremony with just our families and even though we weren't going to have the typical big wedding with cocktail hour and reception, we still wanted fabulous pictures to remember our day. Hay was immediately willing to work with me on a price that was fair and matched our needs.

We set a June wedding day, but due to my father-in-laws declining health, we quickly needed to move up the date by 3 months. With such short notice, I thought we would have to forgo our pictures, but Hay said she would be right there with us. Because of her flexibility, we will forever cherish the photos we have together, as two weeks later, he passed away.

Not only is Hay flexible, but she's kind, professional and incredibly talented. When you meet, you feel like she's one of your long-time friends. Her turn-around time is lightening fast; she doesn't sit on your photos for months as you bite your nails with anticipation. I am so thankful for Hay and would recommend her services to anyone looking for a stress-free process with a beautiful outcome.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Taylor · Married on 05/14/2016

Hayley was absolutely AMAZING to work with. From when we first signed with her, to our engagement pictures and our wedding day...she made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. For both our engagement pictures and our wedding, it felt like we were hanging out with a long time friend, that's how comfortable she makes you feel. Prior to our wedding day, it was predicted that we would have thunderstorms the afternoon of our wedding when pictures/ceremony were supposed to take place outside. She called me a few days prior to the wedding and talked me through Plan B picture scenarios, which made me feel more calm leading up to our big day. We got lucky and were able to do all of pictures and the ceremony outdoors, but had we not been able to do that, I know Hayley still would've been able to grab some amazing shots indoors. I highly recommend Hayley, not only does she feel like a long time friend, but her work is stunning and we couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out. She really works with you to get the shots you want and to make you feel so comfortable. Thank you Hayley for all that you did to make our wedding day so amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2016