Hawaii Tents and Events Reviews

Hawaii Tents and Events 1
Hawaii Tents and Events 2
Hawaii Tents and Events 3

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2018

We were recommended Hawaii Tents and Events through our venue and i'm so glad we went with them. They had everything that we needed to create the look we were after at a great price. Tracey took amazing care of us, responding to all our requests and questions fast, she was extremely helpful. I had an image I was going off, hoping our reception
    would look similar on a smaller scale and it looked even better than what I had imagined. They set up, packed down and we didn't need to worry about anything, it was fantastic. I would 100% recommend Hawaii Tents and Events for any event as they provided an amazing space that gave us an amazing day.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Hawaii Tents and Events's reply:

Mahalo Nui Loa, Samantha and Ben!
    We truly appreciate your business and kind review.
    You are both delightful and I am so excited your vision and beyond was was met.
    Happy Life! We know it will be a wonderful journey!
    With Aloha,
    Your Hawaii Tents & Events Team

Carissa · Married on 05/22/2018

We hired Hawaii Tents & Events for our destination wedding in Hawaii. They had a lot of options to choose from and the items we rented for the wedding were all in great condition. They were so quick to respond to any question/concern we had, were very accommodating, and were so easy to work with. Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Christy · Married on 03/09/2018

Nicole at Hawaii Tent and Events was such a lifesaver. I contacted several rental companies and Hawaii Tents and Events was the only one where someone answered when I called! And their communication continued to be consistent and clear throughout the process. Planning a Hawaii wedding from the mainland--I really appreciated having such a reliable and communicative vendor! Nicole was so friendly and supportive--and she went above and beyond to make sure that our arrivals arrived at a time that was convenient for us. I would definitely recommend Hawaii Tents and Events!

Sent on 03/25/2018
    Hawaii Tents and Events 4
    Hawaii Tents and Events 5

Hawaii Tents and Events's reply:

Aloha Christy!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
    We appreciate your kindness and your time.
    Thank you also for the shout out to Nicole! She definitely cares very much about our brides and covers every detail. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness! Mahalo Nui Loa!
    Your Hawaii Tents & Events Team
  • User5198267 · 2+ years ago

I am so thankful for Dennis from Hawaii Tents and Events! Dennis was so nice and comforting. Everything we rented from them was amazing! They were very professional and accommodating. We are still getting compliments on our setup! Thank you!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Allegra · Married on 07/27/2013

We found Hawaii Tents and Events through our venue. After doing our research we discovered that they had the best package deals around the island for what we needed. Danielle was so helpful. Whenever we needed to add more items to our list she was more than happy to allow us to do so and give us a new quote each time. The set up was amazing as well. We ordered tents, tables, chairs, table linens, a dance floor with lights, and cocktail tables. Event though we had to set up the tables and chairs, it was worth the work to make sure that we had exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Anna · Married on 10/03/2009

I rented a canopy tent, tables, and chairs from them. Their prices were extremely competitive, and they were a pleasure to work with. They delivered the tent earlier than expected, which was a plus. It ended up raining during the reception, so the tent really came in handy. They also have lots of other equipment for rent, including dance floors, lanterns, etc. I would highly recommend using Hawaii Tents and Events for any of your tenting needs.

Sent on 10/22/2009

Jaylene · Married on 03/20/2011

I practically drove my sales rep crazy with all the changes I made, but wow, did she manage to work everything out for me and managed to turn my beach side wedding into a day to remember! They are a bit pricey and I would recommend visiting their vending booth at a Bridal Expo to get a discount.

Sent on 01/31/2012
  • Alishia

Alishia · Married on 02/19/2011

I ordered my retals with them very last minute and they were very flexable and had everything that I needed.

Sent on 03/16/2011

Jenni & Jason · Married on 03/10/2010

They responded quickly to my order and were really helpful in the wedding planning process. When we went to our ceremony site, Chris was great at giving advice and was open to any and all ideas we had. Marie responded to our questions and changes just as soon as we could ask for them. The site ended up absolutely gorgeous. Great job!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Amy · Married on 06/14/2018

3.5

Tracey and her team furnished our wedding with mahogany farm tables, chairs, festoon lighting, and a 4-post canopy. Everything was in great condition and looked fantastic in photos. We were very happy with the overall service provided.

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Hawaii Tents and Events 6
  • Cyndi

Cyndi · Married on 05/13/2012

3.5

The essentials for our wedding ceremony & reception at a beach house in Waimanalo, HI. We had tents, guest tables, cake table, sweets tables, long buffet tables, guest chairs, bamboo arch for our ceremony, big pink paper lantern lights, pink up lighting, a generator, and a dance floor. A little pricey but after we decorated everything it came together beautifully.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Mary · Married on 02/18/2012

Great job and very responsive to the multiple changes in our ceremony tent.

Sent on 03/04/2012

Overall we were very happy with our decision to rent everything from Hawaii Tents and Events. Michelle helped us with the daunting task of making sure we had every little thing we needed, since our venue was basically just a garden with nothing in it. The service was great and we were very happy with the quality of the equipment.

The only reason I did not give all 5 stars was because of the extra cost they were going to charge to set up (open) and break down the tables and chairs. We were told they had to bring in an extra team to do that at a cost of $500. So my husband, my brother and father went there early before the wedding and did it themselves.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Renee · Married on 06/25/2011

3.5

We rented tables (cocktail and sit-down tables), chairs, linens, lanterns, and linens from Hawaii Tents and Events. The workers that they sent to deliver and set up everything we ordered were absolutely FANTASTIC!!! They arrived even a bit early deliver/set-up, and they removed all items the day following the wedding by the time at which we'd agreed. During delivery and set-up, they were super efficient and happily moved the items that we realized needed to be moved. We were very happy with these guys.

Sent on 07/23/2011

May-Ling · Married on 03/13/2010

3.5

I had guests stay in a house for a week and we ordered tables and chairs for several days from Hawaii Tents and Events. I received a quote within a couple days of ordering. Prices are low and the invoices confirm all details. The company called a couple days before delivery and pick up to verify times to get the furniture. If you're trying to save even more money, they give you the option of going to pick up the rentals yourself. I had a great experience working with the company and would recommend them to others.

Sent on 03/29/2010

Leia · Married on 11/19/2005

They were so easy to work with! They were a good value for the money and were very flexible when we first had to change the date and later the venue. I'd definitely recommend Tents and Events to anyone needing event rentals.

Sent on 07/13/2008
  • richnbo

Bobbie Jean & Richard Allan · Married on 07/17/2010

4.2

They did a good job. I would say that if they are putting up a BIG tent, they should start at 8 AM instead of 10 AM.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Katy · Married on 04/20/2008

4.2
      3.0

I was slightly disappointed at receiving soiled linens for our wedding. If it weren't for our wedding coordinator, Dawn, it would have caused a lot of unnecessary stress. I was suprised that the vendor did not catch the soiled linens before it got to us. Other than that, they were responsive to our emails and professional.

Sent on 07/28/2008

Roxie · Married on 04/13/2008

3.5

We got in contact with them through the former Kualoa Event Planner. She moved to this company and provided wedding planning services. Jennifer was very nice and tried hard to work with our budget.

The rentals themselves were very nice. We rented a large tent, chairs, and tables. The price was ok, not great. Working with a party the day before our event, we were able to work out a better price.

Sent on 05/28/2008

3.5

Hawaii tents and events provided us all our tents, tables, chairs and wedding arch. They were reasonably priced. They do not get back to you right away and I never saw a picture of the arch beforehand as requested twice. I feel like this is a characteristic of Hawaii vendors though.

Sent on 09/26/2014

2.5

I made sure to ask for a clean tent; not sure what we would have gotten if we didn't.

Was a bit disappointed when we asked for a certain chair they offered, but they didn't have enough them for our wedding, which I found surprising for a business of their size.

Was able get permission for the tent to be setup early the day before and vendor said it was possible, but then two days prior, one guy said the couldn't because they didn't have enough workers. My coordinator called the owner to follow-up about this delimma, and he said he would assign more workers to the job and it would get done at the time that was agreed. Well, day of setup, they were suppose to start setup at 9:00 a.m. They came at 1:00 p.m., 4 hours late. This pushed back our schedule for our lighting, sound and stage setups.

The dance floor they provided was very poor. The ground was uneven and this vendor has setup for many events at this location (in fact, they are on the venue's "preferred vendor's list"), but they didn't do anything to assure the dance floor was laid down properly, so on the night of, the floor pieces were popping off and people were tripping over the edges on their way onto the floor... It was VERY dangerous and very disappointing!

Prices for this vendor was very reasonable compared to other party rental companies on Oahu, but after experiencing them, I feel you you definitely "get what you ay for", in a bad way. If I knew now what I knew then, I probably would have gone the other vendor we inquired about that had a higher cost, but better quality and reputation.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Janine · Married on 11/15/2009

2.6
      2.5

I didn't really deal with these guys, it was more or less my coordinator. She seemed to have to go back and forth quite a lot with them about items requested. Also, meeting up with a representative from the company was set and received an email to let us know the day of the meeting that she couldn't make it....unacceptable. I would tell future brides and grooms to shop around.

Sent on 11/23/2009
  • U

s · Married on 06/11/2017

2.4
      3.0

Poor communication and too much turnover while we were working with the company. Not worth it in my opinion.

Sent on 06/30/2017