123 Reviews for Hawaii Sound & Vision

Disco Ball (3)
Uplighting (3)
Consultation (2)
Projector (1)

We got married at Daylight Mind Coffee in Kona and we had so much fun with HSV!! I communicated with a couple different people all who were all very helpful! Jessica was our MC/DJ and she kept things running so smoothly and kept to our timeline and had everyone one the dance floor all night!! We all had so much fun! Thank you for making our wedding our wedding so much fun!! Would highly recommend HSV if you are planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 2/8/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had our wedding at the Hilton and they strongly push a much more expensive DJ. We could not have been happier with the flexabiliy and easiness to work with Glenn. Without a doubt the best DJ experience I have had.

Profile Picture Shelagh, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We landed Glenn from Hawaii sound and vision. He was absolutely incredible. Best DJ out of any wedding or party I've ever seen. Very talented and down to earth, Glenn was worth every penny. I would recommend him and this company to anyone having a wedding in Hawaii. Thanks again sir, you're the best!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was so much fun, thanks to our dj!! He played the right mix of music to keep our crowd dancing, dancing, dancing the night away! He was able to play any song requested which totally customized our reception.

Profile Picture Ami, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: One Event Per Day

We L.O.V.E. Glenn! He had all the right equipment and worked with us on adding a projector + screen last minute. He was also an amazing MC - we loved the vibe he created at our wedding. We felt like he was part of our ohana by the end of the night. Glenn does it all so right - he's hands down the best pick for your sound & vision needs.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Glenn was an absolute delight to work with. We had a multiday, multicultural wedding with rather complicated DJ-needs including the ability to work a moving sound system, a DJ who could mix both Western pop and bhangra music, and someone who could nail a silent disco. Needless to say, Glenn killed it! The silent disco was, without a doubt, the most awesome part of our wedding. All that aside, Glenn has a relentlessly positive presence and creative, can-do attitude that is wonderful to be around, especially in the hectic moments leading up to a big event. We could not give a more emphatic endorsement to a DJ. Thank you, Glenn!

Profile Picture M, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough great things about HSAV! Our DJ read our crowd so wonderfully! The dance party (which I was a little concerned wouldn't happen) was evidence of his ability to play songs that would be well received and fun. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Lynzi, 6/24/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

Glenn is the best! He's extremely responsive and very accommodating. He has suggestions if you're unsure what you want and is able to deal with last minute changes. We needed to make some last minutes changes and he was able to easily accommodate our request. In addition, he was able to provide all the necessary equipment to make the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception a great experience for the guests and ourselves. Also, had a slideshow and he had everything all set up and ready to go. Lastly, we gave him some ideas of dancing music we liked and he put together a great list of songs that had guests on the dance floor the entire night!

Profile Picture L, 6/17/17, 1 Review
2.7

My husband and I did not want to write such a bad review, but we were unhappy with services we received on our wedding. We used this company for our wedding since they were considered the preferred vendors. I saw great reviews online and decided to go ahead and choose them. On the questionnaire given, they ask you what type of personality traits you would want from your host/dj. My husband and i chose witty, enthusiastic, and outgoing. Although our host was friendly, he was not at all any of three listed. Another problem I had was the type of music they decided to play. I gave them at least 40 songs for the wedding. I probably heard at most 15 songs that were on our list.

They give you questionnaire asking what songs we did not want played during the reception. I left that blank since i gave them such a hefty playlist thinking that they wouldn't even pick other songs. After hearing the "macarena", "the twist" , and ETC. I decided to speak with the DJ and asked them if they received the songs i wanted through email. They said yes, and asked if I wanted those songs played........(yes.. of course)
I've been to many weddings and the DJ is usually the one person that hypes up the entire crowd. But instead they kept it super mellow.

Lastly, our slideshow started to play without the music we included in the background. Instead of stopping the slideshow and troubleshooting, they continued on and allowed it to play. My husband had to go up to inform the DJ that we had music for that slideshow.

Profile Picture Eleanor, 6/15/17, 2 Reviews
4.3

Our wedding was at the Royal Kona, all went well. The DJ did seem a little lost, our entrance song was not a song we picked our even heard of. He did play the other songs we liked.

Profile Picture kelly, 6/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had such an easy time working with them. They were prompt, flexible and very accommodating. Awesome company to work with. Made our wedding so much fun!

Profile Picture Richelle, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Glenn was the DJ and MC at our recent wedding ceremony and reception and he did an amazing job! We were planning a destination wedding and Glenn was so responsive to our email and phone communication. He had us fill out some forms, so he had an idea on the type of music we liked and the special songs we wanted. We had very complex first dance songs and father/daughter songs, which Glenn had to re-master since they were a compilation of several different songs. Glenn went above and beyond in making those songs perfect and exactly how we wanted them. When we finally got to hawaii for our wedding, Glenn met with us beforehand and made sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names, had a good idea of the timeline, and just so he could see us as a couple. At our wedding, he gave people instruction on where to go, did the exact right amount of talking (didn't overdo or underdo it), played wonderful mixes, and kept the whole show going. He also got the party started and made our whole site beautiful. He had uplighting that matched our colors, a monogram that had our initials with our colors, and his entire DJ stand was lit up in hot pink, which was our wedding color. He made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor, took requests, and seamlessly orchestrated the speeches. He was so personable and my guests could not stop raving about him. I did a ton of research before choosing him and he was such a great value! Choosing him as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding. Despite unplanned delays and flooding at our wedding, Glenn was very flexible and made sure we got in everything we wanted to do. He was a true pleasure to work with and became like family to us after our big day. I cannot say enough wonderful things! I would highly recommend him to anyone for their special day!!

Profile Picture Anita, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm pretty sure Hawaii Sound and Vision were the best wedding DJs I have ever seen! We had a brunch reception, and were a little nervous that no one would want to dance, but by 2:30 PM it was a dance party! Their selection is fantastic, lots of new hits, edm remixes of classics, and tunes that even pleased the parents.

They also did the sound for our ceremony, and it's well worth it. They showed up, mic'd me, we did a 2 second test, and it all just worked.

I'll definitely be using Hawaii Sound & Vision for the next party we throw :).

Profile Picture Matt, 4/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We had the pleasure of working with Glenn for our wedding and could not have been happier. Glenn went out of his way to make sure our day was exactly what we wanted. For our ceremony he not only was the DJ, but we also had him do the dance floor and all the lighting. We told Glenn our ideas and he ran with it to bring the vision alive. Awesome guy (and company) that we would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture David, 4/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

Not only was he great! He provided the best service we could have dreamed of for our wedding. I picked a few songs and he did the rest. I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks for making our wedding awesome!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Glenn and team were fantastic throughout our planning process!! He was highly recommended through our wedding planner and we were beyond thrilled with the music that evening! They were incredibly responsive helpful with all of our questions/requests. My husband's mom even sang our first dance and Glenn was incredibly accommodating to help with her rehearsal prior to the event. Glenn has great energy and really got the crowd on the dance floor! We couldn't have been happier with our decision to hire Glenn and Hawaii Sound & Vision!! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Vaitiare, 3/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Glen was great! Hawaii sound and vision provided music and lighting for our wedding ceremony and reception. Our ceremony and reception plan had to change last minute due to inclimate weather Glen and his crew were understanding and quickly set everything up in the new areas. Very affordable and easy to work with. Will definitely be using them again for events in the future!

Profile Picture Erica, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Glenn is AMAZING! I'm so glad I found Hawaii Sound and Vision for my wedding- I could not be happier with how everything turned out. From the lights, to the audio set-ups (we had 3 different systems!), to the DJ'ing- he went over and beyond what I expected and was so professional, responsive, thoughtful, and flexible to my (changing!) needs even until the day-of. He and his crew were on-time to set-up and breakdown (which was so quick!). And did I mention how amazing he is as a DJ? He kept the party going with some oldies, newer hits, and all-around good dance music. You will NOT be disappointed by choosing Glenn and Hawaii Sound and Vision for your A/V needs- I will definitely be calling back for my next party!!! Thank you Glenn!

Profile Picture Sierra, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Glenn was fantastic to work with!!! He was the DJ for our wedding at the Four Seasons Hualalai. He was really engaging with our guests and was able to keep people up and dancing all night long. We couldn't have asked for a better night!!

Profile Picture Jaime, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They did such a wonderful job at our wedding. They played all the songs we requested and kept us dancing till the very last song. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mariel, 11/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day

Glenn was fantastic as a DJ for our wedding. Out of all the vendors I worked with, he was the most responsive and easiest to work with. He was a great MC, and kept the evening right on track. The music selection was great, and we had everybody, young and old, on the dance floor. We had a blast! The dance floor he provided was perfect as well.

Additionally, after working with him to plan the music, and seeing how professional and responsive he was, we decided to also get lighting and ceremony music/sound equipment through him. He was great at working with our budget, advising on all options, giving recommendations for our specific venue, and being flexible.

On the day of, him and his crew were there early setting up and everything went flawlessly.

Thanks for helping to make our wedding day perfect Glenn!

Profile Picture Eli, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Glenn at Hawaii Sound & Vision was awesome to work with for our wedding! He had a really extensive song selection and was very responsive to our many questions and ideas prior to our big day. The music at our wedding was incredible and our guests were in the dance floor all night. It was an amazing night and a big part of it had to do with Glenn. Mahalo!

Profile Picture Mimi, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Reasonable prices, easy / quick communication , and AWESOME party! We are so happy we hired Glen!

Profile Picture Emilia, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Glenn was awesome! Pleasant to work with, played all the songs I loved, and was very accommodating even with short notice. I definitely would recommend them for all your DJ and MC needs.

Profile Picture Jevon, 6/26/16, 3 Reviews
2.9

Despite glowing reviews we found them very difficult to get in touch with, or get a response from. However everything turned out great and our musician for dinner and our dj were wonderful. Just wish i had felt more secure around the business aspect.

Profile Picture User6012037, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews