Hawaii Polo Club Reviews

Hawaii Polo Club 1
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/06/2019

An Unforgettable Setting

The moment I saw the Hawaii Polo Club, I knew I had found my wedding venue. It was a priority of ours to have an oceanside wedding, especially since a lot of our guests were from out of town. The Polo Club is the perfect venue and you really get so much out of the rental fee! In addition to the beautiful space, they also have a lot of equipment that is free to use including an existing tent, tables, and chairs. That alone saved us thousands of dollars! We opted not to have a tent so our guests could dine under the stars, and that was amazing. Waialua is far from the city lights and the stars shone so brightly. We constantly saw our guests looking up to admire the stars throughout the night.

From the beginning, Jamie the coordinator was so amazing. She is seriously the nicest and most responsive person on the planet. I would email her at midnight and she would respond right away! I felt like we were friends by the end of the planning process because we had so many late night email conversations haha! I had one of those DIY-everything weddings, which meant there were a lot of moving pieces, but Jamie was super helpful and supportive throughout the process. She always made sure that I was comfortable and taken care of, and really helped to make my wedding stress-free!

Last but not least, the Polo Club has horses available that you can book by the hour for photos. This was THE highlight of our wedding. All of our guests loved the horse and my Facebook newsfeed was literally full of photos of our guests with the horse! Parents with young children were thanking me because their kids were so happy getting to pet a horse. Even people who didn't come to the wedding messaged me and said, "oh my goodness, you had a horse at your wedding?! That's so cool!" So yes, get married at the Hawaii Polo Club, be best friends with Jamie, and don't forget the horse.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Tracy · Married on 05/26/2018

The best place to get married on O'ahu! I cannot say enough good things about this place. From the responsiveness of Christie, and then the transition to Becca, they were both so great at answering all my questions and being available to me. The location is beautiful and having the ceremony and reception at the same place made it so easy for everyone. To get married in front of the ocean, with the Waianae mountains as a back drop was so dreamy. They provide so much more than most venues, and even if you have to rent a couple extras from them it is cheaper than most other places I found. I would not have wanted to spend our special day at any other location! Thank you all so much!

Hawaii Polo Club 2
    Sent on 05/31/2018
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 05/11/2018

Best venue on the north shore for an amazing price

I really wanted a destination wedding in Hawaii but was not sure I would be able to afforded given it’s Hawaii. But the polo club made it possible. The polo club is a beautiful venue right on the beach. The price you cannot beat, under $5000. This included a tent, dance floor, side bar, bathrooms, chairs and tables for reception, and string lights. You do have to hire a wedding coordinator and will need help to set up day of but it’s worth it. You can bring in your own alcohol and food which is a big plus and money saver. Becca was extremely nice and helpful answering all my questions since I couldn’t visit the venue until 5 days before our wedding. It is very rustic but has a lot of charm and I think represents what north shore is all about.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Peggy · Married on 07/15/2017

We had our wedding there this past July and were really happy with the venue. We originally chose it because we could bring our own liquor, but there were a lot of other reasons we loved it in the end. It was a pleasure working with Christie. She was quick with her responses, very helpful, and really easy to work with. We didn't have a chance to visit the venue before we booked it but we are so glad we picked it. We had a private beach ceremony and an outdoor reception by their clubhouse. The polo fields have so many beautiful photo ops for your wedding photos. The location had a very nice breeze so we weren't suffering from the heat, which I was very worried about. The only thing I would have changed are the bathrooms. They're fancy outhouses that flush so they didn't smell bad. Other than that, it was a perfect venue.

Jeanette · Married on 06/21/2017

My Husband & I recently had our wedding at the Hawaii Polo Club! Planning a wedding from California can be a challenge especially if you have never been to Hawaii, like myself. Christie was amazing with the whole process. Our wedding was amazing! Everyone loved the venue. I couldn't be any happier. I can't wait to see the photos. The photos from my guest are stunning. I can only image what the photos from our photographer will look like.

If you want privacy this is the place to be! I wanted to have a small intimate wedding and that's what I got! It was a special day! It was the best day of my life!

Make sure you get transportation for your guest!

It was the best thing that I did at the last moment.

Sent on 07/01/2017

solange · Married on 06/03/2017

This is an amazing place to have your special wedding day! It is the perfect place to have a quaint Hawaiian wedding, away from the city, with classic Hawaiian mountain scenery, a beautiful field for your wedding, and a secluded beach. It’s the complete package. Truly a magical spot! My wedding ceremony was right on the beach and completely private, which is very rare because all beaches in Hawaii are public and will always have other people. My reception was a little walk back to a club house that had an awesome dance floor under patio lights, right next to the table tent. In addition, several wedding necessities (i.e. chairs, tables, tents) already come with the venue, saving a lot of money and time for you. Yet, you still the option to include other options, such as patio lights, horse rides, bounce castles, tiki torches, and more, making it super easy on you. Also, Christie was absolutely amazing at answering all of my question and coordinating all of my last minute requests about the venue. Everything was beautiful that day and I would highly recommend having your wedding here

Solange · Married on 06/03/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Christie was the best vendor I worked with out of everyone I hired. She was always on time and responded to me emails in a timely manner. Everything came out so beautifully, I could not be any happier with this location. My husband and I are not from this side of the island but we are glad that our friend recommended this place for us. I would recommend to EVERYONE to choose this half beach half mountain location. You can't go wrong, you get the best of both worlds for an out door wedding. Also I would recommend to work with Christie, I promise you it is worth every penny. Thank you again Christie and the Hawaii polo field!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Monica · Married on 08/06/2016

Working with this venue was very easy. They were extremely flexible when to meet and very accommodating especially since this was our destination wedding. It is a beautiful site. Not only are the polo fields there with a wide open grass landscape but a beach area as well. It already has a tented area and wooden flooring for an event. I would highly recommend this site!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Alison · Married on 07/30/2016

Can have wedding on beach! and reception outdoors (on patio/deck surface)!
    Can bring whatever vendors you'd like! Including your own bartender/caterer/cake etc
    Can have lawn games at your wedding!
    Can have it in the summer and not be super hot because there's a breeze on the North Shore!
    Comes with a big tent and tables
    Scenery is amazing, just look at the pictures.
    If you're into horses, you can have one down the aisle.
    Venue/Event coordinator is super responsive and replies quickly!

Sent on 08/17/2016

M · Married on 06/11/2016

The scenery gave my ceremony, reception and especially photos and video such a beautiful feel. The site coordinator was so nice and made me feel so relaxed. it was exactly what I wanted for my wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Cassey · Married on 06/04/2016

I was dealing with Christie and Amanda was handling finance part. Christie was very responsive and easy to work with. This was a destination wedding therefore we mostly communicated via emails, we sent plenty of questions and she replied in details within few days. Christie also sent me a lots of information needed for the for wedding such as vendors listing for me to start off planning. This was a perfect wedding venue for us, we had the ceremony at the beach and reception back at the lawn, not all the places allow couples to have the ceremony at the beach but this place does. Though on the actual day was kinda windy for the ceremony but the it subsided during reception. We also rent a house for the photo session after ceremony, it was gorgeous. We had a prefect weather for the wedding. Thank you all the crews for helping us on the day. I highly recommend this place regardless for small or big wedding. You definitely will capture nice pictures of your wedding, the scenery is phenomenal and this place is secluded.

Sent on 06/18/2016

Hawaii Polo Club's reply:

It was so wonderful working with you, Cassey! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous...such a great way to use our space!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. If you and Norbert are ever back on Island, we would love to provide you with tickets for a Polo Match!

Congratulations again!
    ~Christie

Julie · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I had a great time celebrating at the Hawaii Polo Club. We worked with Amanda and she was amazing. She was very responsive and helpful, we were given attention and grace. If you are looking for a low key, naturally beautiful and affordable location this is your spot! It was perfect to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception back at the club house! If you are wondering if you should consider, take the time, visit the sight, meet with the coordinator and get ready to celebrate!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Tanner · Married on 08/15/2015

We absolutely loved this venue for our ceremony and reception. Amanda was very responsive and enjoyable to work with. Everyone we encountered from the venue was very accommodating and helpful (Gary was so friendly and helpful -thank you Gary for all your help!)! They did a great job going above and beyond for us and ensuring we had a wonderful wedding! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Hawaii Polo Club's reply:

Congratulations Tanner & Matt! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are so delighted that you chose us for your wedding venue. Please let me know if you would ever like to come on a trail ride or to a polo game. We would love to have you back!

All the best,
    Amanda

jennifer · Married on 07/18/2015

Being a local girl born and raised in Oahu and my (now) husband being from the North Shore, this venue definitely met our needs on having an outside venue with a beautiful countryside view of the ocean and mountains that had enough space to accommodate our 400 guests (which included almost 100 kids) at an affordable price. We appreciated their service throughout the entire wedding planning and were very helpful too! It was great to hear how much our family and friends loved the venue and its scenic view as much as we did. Mahalo HPC!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Carrie · Married on 08/20/2011

After visiting several venues on the North Shore of Oahu, we made an appointment to with Siri Masterson to see the Hawaii Polo Club's oceanfront venue. From the moment we stepped out of our car, Siri made us feel comfortable and skillfully answered all of our questions. After we booked the venue, she continued to be responsive, flexible, helpful, and an all-around top-notch wedding venue coordinator. The Polo Club venue was perfect for our wedding--gorgeous views during the daylight and the feeling of really being away from it all in the best possible way. After the sun went down, the lighted clubhouse area felt intimate but not crowded--like the rest of the world disappeared and we were in a perfect bubble of wedding fun. Seriously. It's hard to explain how much the venue added to the atmosphere of our reception, because I really could not imagine having it anywhere else. My husband and I give Siri and the Hawaii Polo Club our highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/09/2011

3.0

My wife and I wanted a beach wedding and reception large enough for 100 guests plus vendors. You can't beat the Hawaii Polo Club when you consider the quality of the location, the size of their property, and their price point. We were very happy with our choice and so was all of our guests and vendors.

Sent on 09/10/2015

3.5

This was an amazing venue. I wanted to get married on the beach, yet not have to worry about renting tents, tables, chairs, etc. and this met all my needs. The out of town guests were thrilled with the beauty. It was breezy but that was better than hot for an outdoor wedding. We had the best time. If you aren't a do it yourselfer like myself you would probably need a really good wedding coordinator.

I liked that we could bring in our own caterer/food of choice as well as alcohol. We saved a ton that way. We even had pizza's delivered by Jerry's pizza's in Waialua for all the kids. They were soooooo happy.

You may need to rent more amenities if you want a formal wedding. The bathrooms are glorified outhouses and the chairs that are available for free are plastic but comfortable. But then again, who talks about the chairs after a wedding.

We had a great time and can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 09/28/2015

tracy · Married on 05/26/2017

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

BEWARE! Unfortunately, we made the mistake of trusting the Hawaii Polo Club’s website and advertised videos when signing our contract. We felt those should accurately reflect what we'd be paying for. We were sorely mistaken. Simply put, what we saw, was NOT what we signed up for! They are clearly trying to take advantage of anyone who is relying on their site to book their destination wedding and cannot come see it in person.
    *What's depicted in the videos posted on their website does NOT exist at their location! Don’t be fooled by their false advertisements and misrepresentation!!! You cannot even see the beach from the reception tent. There is no place to get ready onsite. The “clubhouse” is a small, dirty, run-down shack of a structure, and there is absolutely NO room for you and your wedding party to get ready! When I brought it to their attention, they acknowledged that most of the videos were filmed off site. But nowhere on their site was that indicated. By the time they admitted this they already had our deposit in their pocket.
    We gave them ample notice that we’d be coming to preview the site for our wedding, apparently even that wasn’t enough time to clean the place up! There was literally $h!t everywhere! There was horse feces on the beach, and the out-houses (which apparently act as their primary restrooms) were backed-up and overflowing! Not at all some place we’d want to expose our guests to during our wedding.
    We'd hoped that they would understand where we were coming from and respect our request for our deposit back. As we genuinely feel we were misled in what we committed to reserving. I feel obligated to ensure this lack of communication, omission of facts, and misrepresentation in advertising does not continue to affect future brides and their families, as they make their wedding plans. DON'T RENT THIS LOCATION without checking it out in person first!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Hawaii Polo Club's reply:

Aloha, it is with our sincerist apologies that you believe you were misled. All of our advertising is 100% accurate and we do not misrepresent the venue in any way. The videos on our website were graciously shared with us by brides/grooms, they were not made by us and yes, a couple of the videos do show footage of them getting ready in a rental house as we do not offer accommodations onsite (as advertised). You can absoultely see the ocean from the clubhouse, we are the only ocean front polo field in the world and pride ourselves on that. This venue is located in the heart of Hawaii's country side and has a more rustic feel then any of the resorts in Honolulu/Waikiki area. We truly believe this is what makes us special and unique. We are some of the last of the untouched land on Oahu and believe the natural beauty of the venue speaks for itself. The day you toured our venue, you decided to show up on your own time, not with our venue coordinator. This was also the day after a big (200+ person) wedding so forgive us but clean up was still in progress. Also our main maintence guy had just lost his father a few days before so we were all a little set back at the time. If the bathrooms are not up to your standards then we recommend the alternative of renting a bathroom trailer. The clubhouse is small, equip with a full kitchen and a lounge area and it is cleaned thoroughly the day before each event. The field is mowed the day of the event and beach raked for any horse droppings. We do our very best to see to it that the venue is in perfect condition on your special day. We are saddened that you decided not to stick with us for your wedding venue and hope that you find a venue that better suits your needs. Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding day!