Havana Springs Resort Reviews

Havana Springs Resort 6
Havana Springs Resort 7

Chelsea Vaughn · Getting married on 07/20/2020

Amazing Place!

Wonderful history accompanied by a wonderful staff. Everyone is very accommodating.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Chelsea and it was wonderful working with you and your special guy! Your wedding was amazing and I loved the intimate exclusive ceremony and reception. Very classy and unique!
    Thank you again for choosing Havana Springs Resort!

Grace Richardson · Married on 04/06/2019

Exceptional full service wedding venue

I had my wedding here in April and it was absolutely a dream! Jennifer was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process and was very easy to work with. We also had the food catered and everything was delicious (the fried chicken and pasta salad are still getting compliments). We had our rehearsal dinner in the smaller venue and had some guests who were vegan. The chef personally came over to ask what kind of pizza they would like and made it for them that night. My husband and I stayed on the property along with some other guests which made it so easy, no need to worry about driving and the rooms were quaint and comfortable with a variety of snacks provided. Overall, the atmosphere, the food, the service, the price, and even the weather were exceptional and I would highly recommend this venue for a large or small wedding.

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Havana Springs Resort 8
    Havana Springs Resort 9
    Havana Springs Resort 10
    Havana Springs Resort 11

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Grace! Your wedding was spectacular and you were truly a beautiful bride inside and out! I can't wait to post your pics on the website!!
    Kindest regards,

Shelby · Married on 03/09/2019

Couldn’t have asked for better

We toured this property with the previous owners. While I was excited then, I was even more excited and impressed when the new owner, Jennifer took over. They cleaned the property up & even had catering & bartending as an option for services. Jennifer did everything to make sure our wedding day was great. I accidentally lost our key to our room our wedding night, & her husband came and happily opened the door for us to get in.. at 2 AM! I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful wedding & the owners who made it special.

Sent on 03/12/2019
    Havana Springs Resort 12
    Havana Springs Resort 13
    Havana Springs Resort 14
    Havana Springs Resort 15

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Shelby! It was our pleasure to be part of your special day and celebration! You and Vince are an adorable couple and it was wonderful watching you celebrate together. Your family was so fun to be with and your friends were a blast! And...I want that sweet baby of yours!! lol! Thank you so much for choosing Havana Springs Resort for you wedding and party!

Susan Trombley · Married on 03/02/2019

County Wedding in Havana

From the first call to the last, Jennifer was always more than helpful with any and everything I needed up until the moment we drove away. The country setting for my daughter/son-in-law wedding was absolutely stunning, especially for pictures!! I would 100% have her wedding here again. The plus side to having a wedding at this Resort, they have numerous rooms that you can rent so that when you arrive you are there to stay until every festivity is complete.

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Susan! You and Shelby were amazing to work with and such a beautiful wedding! Thank you so much for choosing Havana Springs Resort for your celebration!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 02/16/2019

Best Wedding Venue

Jennifer and her team at Havana Springs Resort are great to work with! We were looking for a great value and a venue that would be open to some unusual requests. We had an early morning wedding and wanted breakfast served for the reception. Jennifer worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams and for a great value too! The guests were all talking about the beautiful venue and delicious food for weeks after the wedding.

Sent on 03/04/2019
    Havana Springs Resort 22
    Havana Springs Resort 23
    Havana Springs Resort 24

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Nikki! It was a pleasure working with you and Chris and your family and friends were so much fun! You were a beautiful bride! It was extra special to have a morning wedding at the Oak Tree and your amazing breakfast reception...very nice twist! Thank you again for choosing Havana Springs Resort!

Claudia Libbie · Married on 02/08/2019

Havana Springs Resort

Havana Springs Resort is a beautiful venue and has great customer service..they took the stress out of my wedding day! They made my day perfect and Chelsea wss amazing!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Kathleen Pursley · Married on 01/19/2019

Excellent Experience

Jennifer and her team were off the charts professional. The property is so beautiful and the entire event went smoothly and effortlessly. Our guests had such a great time! The food was delicious and the service was 5 star. Thank you for making my wedding amazing!
    Kathleen

Sent on 03/12/2019

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Kathleen! What an exquisite wedding and celebration for you and Scott! It was spectacular! Every detail was covered and you did any amazing job...you are the epitome of bridal planning and a pleasure to work with! I so much enjoyed getting to know you and we look forward to seeing you both for you one year anniversary....the Tree House suite is waiting for you!
    Thank you for choosing Havana Springs Resort!

Renea Fountain · Married on 12/08/2018

Perfect wedding day

My daughter's wedding day was perfect thanks to the help we received from Jennifer and Havana Springs Resort. It was a great venue for an outdoor wedding and the Shady Rest made for a fun and relaxing reception. Highly recommend Jennifer and her team.

Havana Springs Resort 25

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Renea! You were amazing to work with and it was so wonderful seeing the connection and friendship you and Amanda share. You did a wonderful job at assisting Amanda in all her details and you have amazing taste and elegance. You both looked stunning! Your party was so much fun and everyone was clearly having a blast!
    Thank you for choosing Havana Springs Resort!

Annie · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely perfect!

My husband and I really enjoyed working with the staff at Havana Springs Resort! Jennifer was really flexible and was a huge help in making our dream wedding happen. We loved the Shady Rest, the huge oak tree, and the Nicholson House. Each are unique and incredibly gorgeous. Working with this venue was easy and made the whole planning process enjoyable, so we would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Havana Springs Resort 26
    Havana Springs Resort 27

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Annie! I think of you & Luke often and love the pictures that were shared. You were a stunning bride and such a pleasure to work with! Wishing you & Luke a long & wonderful life together filled with love & years of special memories!!!

Amanda · Married on 05/06/2017

Absolutely perfect!

As a local, I grew up coming out to this space when it use to be a steakhouse. The history behind this place is wonderful. So when choosing a venue, there was no competition. When Jennifer and her husband purchased the place, they did a wonderful job cleaning the place up and bringing life back to the old plantation. It’s perfect for a shabby chic wedding, or a simple Rustic feel. It’s perfect for indoor/outdoor weddings. Along with the beautiful houses you can utilize for getting ready for your big day, or spending the weekend out there with your loved ones. It’s all around perfect!

Havana Springs Resort 28
    Havana Springs Resort 29
    Havana Springs Resort 30
    Havana Springs Resort 31
    Havana Springs Resort 32
    Havana Springs Resort 33

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Amanda! You were an absolutely stunning bride and the pictures on the website clearly exemplify your beauty and the love you share with Bruce and your adorable Addy and Ian. It was a pleasure working with you all! Of course I loved working with your mom Renea and all your beautiful women! It was so much fun watching you all have so much fun!
    Thank you again for choosing Havana Springs Resort for your wedding and celebration and we look forward to having you celebrate your one year anniversary in the Tree House Suite!

Shana · Married on 12/10/2016

White Dog Plantation was absolutely AMAZING!!! The owners were extremely responsive and cooperative! Everything was well worth the price and they work with you throughout the entire process they even take payments!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Angela · Married on 11/05/2016

Such a beautiful venue! It was a pleasure working with White Dog, I highly recommend this place for a wedding

Sent on 11/09/2016

Jan · Married on 10/08/2016

White Dog has such a beautiful setting and plenty of room for guest.Tables,chairs and rooms are all available in one location. We were treated exceptionally well, great people to deal with!

Sent on 10/11/2016

I just recently booked my wedding here for 2016. I had looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find "the place", until we found white dog plantation. It is just beautiful! I can't wait to have the most perfect wedding here!!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you so much, Desiree. We will do our best to make sure your wedding at White Dog is perfect!

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2015

Such a beautiful venue for our New Year's Eve wedding! Not sure if this venue will continue being available for weddings- but I sure hope so! It was exactly what we wanted and everyone was so helpful and flexible. The rooms are all beautiful and everyone was impressed with the antique touches. We had our ceremony outside and reception inside. Due to the rain we weren't able to use everything we originally paid for so we were refunded which was very considerate. So happy we were able to get married at this local gem, thank you White Dog Plantation!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kelli · Married on 10/24/2015

Every time we have spoken to anyone at White Dog Plantation they have been ready and willing to help with anything. They are very quick to answer questions and do not mind you asking questions either.
    The event area is gorgeous for a quiet country wedding and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Kelli Anne! It was so nice of you to leave us a review. I'm glad we've met with your approval!

Katie · Married on 06/27/2015

Fabulous place for the whole wedding event from rehearsal to the wedding and reception. Very nice accommodations for family & a few guests to for convenience and more enjoyment.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie! We enjoyed working with you and were so happy you chose White Dog Plantation for your daughter's wedding!

Laura · Married on 03/14/2015

Perfect southern setting for a wedding. Old buildings, oak trees and moss made our outside wedding picturesque! We had our wedding and reception at White and couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. We stayed at the Salem house the night of the wedding. They have great wedding packages to meet everyone's budget. Working with Stephanie, the property manager, was a breeze.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

We are so glad you were happy with White Dog, Laura! Thank you!

Amanda · Married on 01/24/2015

Beautiful location for a wedding or any event. Great prices and services

Sent on 01/31/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Amanda! You are so kind to leave us a review!

Melyssa · Married on 08/15/2014

Absolutely perfect. Serene and magical. I was the bride and originally chose to have my wedding here at the old "Nicholson Farmhouse" because my in-laws were Nicholsons so it had a lot of sentimental value for them. When we got to the White Dog Plantation, which has been redone into a beautiful bed and breakfast, we were shocked. It was PERFECT. The bed and breakfast rooms were stunning!! The French furniture and décor in every single room is jaw-dropping. Everything was vintage-esque and all my dreams of having a vintage plantation wedding became reality. This is a MUST LOOK location. There is no cell-phone service at the location if you have AT&T. Apparently Verizon works well. I was sending my bridesmaids outside to make phone calls, but that forced me to relax and not be glued to my phone on a day that would have been so easily chaotic on its own. We chose to spend the night the night before as well with the bridesmaids in the Patrick's Store. I HIGHLY recommend this for bridal parties! There is an upstairs and downstairs in this set-up and it was so nice to relax the day before the wedding. We had hair and make-up come to the venue and it all pieced together beautifully. Waking up there was almost indescribable. It was so quiet and peaceful. My family stayed there and they are TOUGH critics and they had nothing but wonderful things to say. The venue is large and perfect. Lynn (the owner) was wonderful to work with and so accommodating. There was no fuss or trouble afterwards. There are options to clean up yourself or have the staff clean up for a fee. Also, the photo opportunities are endless! Overall, amazing. I felt like I had been transported to the early 1900s Florida and did not want to come back to the present hustle and bustle! Thank you for making my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

Thank you Melyssa! I hope you are both enjoying your new home. You were our second wedding, and still one of my favorites!

My wedding could not have been more perfect! The venue itself is amazing. We did the weekend package and had the whole family stay onsite. We did our ceremony in front of the beautiful tree and had our reception in Shady Rest. We had over 200 people rsvp and there was more than enough space. The overnight rooms are just breath taking. Taylor was a great help!

Sent on 06/02/2016
  • Natasha

Natasha Manos · Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful Venue

Havana Springs Resort was an absolutely spectacular venue to have a wedding. The staff was wonderful and the entire grounds were beautiful. They even made accommodations for our wedding party when we told them how we wanted a carriage ride to be a part of the reception. They were beyond helpful and patient with the wedding party and all of our crazy agendas and they truly made my wedding unforgettable not only for me but also for everyone in attendance,

Sent on 07/30/2019

2.0
      0.5
      0.5

I chose White Dog for my wedding because I fell in love with the Old Florida feel of the buildings and rooms. I was so excited to spend my wedding day (and the night before) there getting ready with my girls and taking pictures! White Dog is great if you want a rustic look. However, Lynn, the owner was very unprofessional and inhospitable. Here are the reasons why:
    1. She kept turning the air up in the Patrick's Store and Salem House during our rental hours.
    2. She was very rude to my husband, father, and father-in-law
    3. My husband and his groomsmen needed a place to wait for just an hour while the girls finished getting ready and Lynn would not allow them to turn the air on in Shady Rest even though we were renting it later for the reception.
    4. She would not allow us to try and cool Shady Rest in preparation for the reception which (because she did not have enough air conditioner units) made the reception stifling and my guests were fanning themselves all night.
    5. The day after my wedding she tracked my husband down as he was bringing the bags out to the car and when he told her our complaints she flat out said that "well I just don't work well with people."

I hate that I have to leave such a bad review for such a gorgeous location, but all of these actions on the wedding day made me regret choosing White Dog for my reception and to get ready at. It was a great price and package, but dealing with the stress that Lynn caused on the big day itself was not worth the location.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Havana Springs Resort's reply:

We always try to meet with the wedding party after the event to ask how their experience was at White Dog Plantation, and quite a few brides have said “It was perfect.” We strive to make every event here a perfect experience, but know that no matter how hard we try we will not always accomplish this. When we learned that this couple was unhappy, we apologized and comped them on all the additional charges that were to come out of their deposit. We do appreciate this couple’s feedback, and will use it to improve our services.