The Hastings House Reviews

The Hastings House 5
The Hastings House 6
The Hastings House 7

Carey · Married on 09/22/2018

We came to know about Hastings House from attending our friends' wedding last year, so when it was our turn, it was at the top of the list, and it did not disappoint.

Linda is beyond helpful and patient with the various questions I had throughout the process. She is a seasoned pro at this, and really helped put me at ease with just a week to go by patiently giving me pointers and extremely useful suggestions to make sure that the whole thing would go smoothly. On the day of, I did not feel the need to hire a day-of wedding planner with Linda at helm. She really helped direct the whole thing beautifully to make sure everything stayed on schedule; she was also super nice to the parents, the bridal/groom party, and the photographer crew.

The setting itself is spectacular. Situated right across from the gorgeous Pacific Ocean, the garden is gorgeous, serene, and perfect for a relatively smaller wedding (we had ~80 guests). There are plenty of spots to take group and individual pictures around the garden as well. I absolutely loved (and still love!) the elegance and classy atmosphere it imparts. Highly recommended.

Lisa · Married on 08/22/2017

Hastings House
    My husband and I had our wedding here late last summer and it was an absolute dream. I had been searching for wedding spots all over the place including destination weddings and when my friend and I saw this garden, I became teary eyed. I knew this venue was perfect. The garden is so peaceful and it gives off a simple outdoorsy yet beautifully elegant vibe that I was in love with. You can tell that a lot of work, care, and love has been given to the garden, which made me love it even more.

Linda was extremely prompt answering all questions that I had and she was a great person to work with. She knows a lot about Half Moon Bay and gives you a list of nearby places to hold reception, get flowers, and officiants. She is upfront about her pricing and there were absolutely no hidden costs. We had a small wedding with under 50 guests and it was perfect, (the garden can hold more people though).

Need a photographer? Have Linda do the photography! Linda and an assistant took our photos, and they turned out amazing. They even had photography shades and reflectors, (not sure of the proper term), to help get proper lighting outdoors. We received a lot of compliments on our photos and we're so appreciative!

Overall, I give this venue 10 out of 5 stars. They go above and beyond to make sure that you have the wedding of your dreams. It was perfect. Thank you!

The Hastings House 8
    The Hastings House 13
    The Hastings House 14
    The Hastings House 15

Samuel · Married on 04/30/2017

If you want an outdoor setting, away from the wind, noise and photo bombers found in public ceremonies, then this is exactly the place for you. Perfectly groomed grounds, beautiful flowers, many different photographic settings, well shaded. Linda and her husband provide a very unique and loving experience, they feel like part of your family. She takes professional pictures and lots of them for you to choose YOUR best. I'll recommend Hastings House to anyone who asks and lots of people that I think need to know about it.

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2015

Absolutely incredible venue, beautiful gardens! Linda and her husband are very professional and a huge help in easing wedding day stress. Linda is a wonderful photographer, however, she only photograph's the ceremony (not the reception). Highly recommended!

We will be recommending The Hastings House to any of our friends whom are looking for an outdoor venue to get married in. The gardens are beautiful and the location is nothing short of spectacular.

Linda was so great to work with, we also used her for photography. The pictures are amazing and well done. Her flexibility and communication made it very easy for us to coordinate an out of state wedding with very little stress or effort.

Linda's husband, who played the guitar for the guests before the ceremony received an ovation from our guests - he's that good.

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2014

Beautiful location, right across from the beach! Our wedding day was perfect! Working with Linda was great! She was very responsive and always took care of every request we had. The venue was perfect, the weather was great, we couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you Linda for everything, you have a GEM in your hands!
    And, our wedding pictures came out great....YES, Linda took those too, she is very talented!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Stephanie & Joe

Becky and Paul · Married on 08/09/2014

We discovered Hastings House when looking for an intimate wedding location near San Francisco. We had made the decision to choose a more intimate spot for a destination wedding before honeymooning in Hawaii, rather than be a spectacle at a resort venue. For a fraction of the cost of other locations and with personalized service, we were able to have a beautiful, classically romantic, and elegant ceremony that was essentially worry-free. Linda had a excellent list of recommended vendors who have worked with her for years, which provided us with beautiful flowers, officiating, hair/makeup services, wedding cake, and hotel accomodations - all coordinated via email/phonecalls and all customized to exactly what we wanted. The garden where we were married felt like being among a work of art because it was not only gorgeous, but obviously an experienced gardner's passion. Linda's husband, Richard, played a classical guitar during the ceremony, which served to deepen the atmosphere of elegance that the garden provided. Linda was extremely responsive to my questions and requests during the entire planning process. Her photography service, included in her estimate for the venue, was extremely professional and artistic. Her equipment and photo quality resulted in breath-taking, professional grade photos perfect for being able to create a custom wedding album. Linda (and Richard) were kind, comforting, and patient professionals with us at all times. I am absolutely satisfied with our choice of working with Linda and would recommend the Hastings House to any couple looking for outdoor romantic elegance. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet and work with these wonderful people, and we received a truly magical memory that we'll keep forever.

Michiko · Married on 07/30/2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to come across Hastings House while searching out the perfect spot for our special intimate wedding. Hastings House seemed like a perfect choice based on location and the beautiful setting it offered not to mention their beautiful garden footsteps away from the ocean. Linda was very flexible and worked within our budget. The result was a perfect ceremony and beautiful photography that we will cherish forever. Linda and Richard, the owners of Hastings House, truly filled our wedding day with so much magic and beauty. During the ceremony Richard played a lovely acoustic guitar that made it that much more magical and memorable. Linda had such a heart warming attitude and was so very helpful and supportive with everything. Giving suggestions to where to stay to the florist shop where we got the beautiful bouquet for the bride. I would recommend Hastings House for anyone who desires to have a lovely intimate magical wedding. They made our special day one we will never forget. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Looking for a wonderful and beautiful venue by the beach? This place is a great destination wedding selection as well...The owner, Linda has an absolutely beautiful garden she has grown on her own, and a darling cottage for the bride and her bridesmaids to gather before the event. The photography was spectacular. So for an amazing package of classical/acoustical music, the wedding venue, set up and tear down of seating for your guests, wedding coordination, and contacts for your other needs, this is the absolute best place in half moon bay to have a wedding!!!!

Elisabeth · Married on 06/01/2013

This is a beautiful and intimate peaceful place to have a ceremony. We had 53 people easily and comfortably seated. The garden is an unbelievably beautiful backdrop for a wedding and there are several scenic spots for pictures and for guests to mingle and talk. The fact that it is right on the ocean is a huge plus. Linda, the owner, is extremely professional and also friendly. I couldn't recommend this spot any more highly.

Like most of the new couples, wedding is the biggest event we have ever hosted together. Although we decided to have an intimate one, we still hope this one is memorable and unique. It could have been exhausting, but I was lucky to have made the right choice to work with Linda, and therefore everything turned out easy and smooth.

What Linda will provide is not only the fabulous garden house and professional photography (my profile pic), she secure your day with heartily enthusiasm in planning every detail, solving any possible concern, and on that big day, coordinating the whole event. And I must thank Richard as well; who did not only accompanied with heavenly melody, but also helped Linda throughout the wedding and photographing. That day was filled with precious memories. Every guest was impressed by the attentive welcome, delicate decorations, smooth procedure and artistic photographs, and how easily I seemed to have handled them. However, I actually didn’t lift a finger during the ceremony, nor worry about anything of the above. Linda is the secret magic of my special day, and I did have a perfect one.

Christi · Married on 07/28/2012

This was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony! It's beautiful and has the perfect location with the beach in front of the house and gorgeous gardens behind the house. Linda was very flexible and helpful with everything I needed during the planning and the day of. Prior to the wedding she responded quickly to any phone calls or emails and gave many suggestions and options so it would be perfect for me. The day of the ceremony Linda took control of everything and I did not have to stress or worry. It was wonderful

• Z

Zoe · Married on 06/23/2012

We had a wonderful wedding day. The site was so romantic and beautiful, Linda helped with everything. It was stress free planning. I would not have changed one thing. We had a small group of 40 people and it was perfect.

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/02/2012

Let me just say that if I could give 10 stars I would! That's just how great my wedding ceremony was with Linda at the Hastings House.

I live in IL and planned my wedding via phone and e-mail with the owner Linda who was great. The very first time I called she was attentive and very personable. Several vendors that I contacted here in IL, and MI where my husband is from were either not available when I called, didn't return my call for many days, or just seemed very to the point and business oriented. I do understand that booking a venue is a business of course, but Linda made me feel like family.

I planned a small ceremony with only 13 people which was perfect for the intimate garden setting the Hasting House provides. Linda was able to let me know what month the flowers bloomed to help with my decision of a date. I was married on June 2, 2012 and the flowers were amazing. It was however a little chilly, because it's right on the ocean. Her garden is pretty on her website, but those pictures don't compare to the real thing. The garden is breath taking and big. Linda takes care of it herself, and you can tell by the way she describes it to you. She also takes amazing professional pictures that I would highly recommend, and her husband Richard played the guitar as I walked out.

I would and have already recommended this venue to people. If you are looking for something private and personal this is your spot. Linda's professionalism through out the whole wedding planning made my experience easy.

Tracy · Married on 04/14/2012

Our wedding at Hastings House was amazing. Linda is great to work with and it's an amazing spot for an intimate gathering. Linda knows her stuff and I had full confidence she would make everything special for my big day. It was better than perfect, don't hesitate to get married there. Gorgeous place.

Dawn · Married on 03/23/2012

Linda and Richard did a superb job on our March wedding. Everything went on without a hitch, smooth and not rushed. The photography done by Linda is stunning along with the beautiful music done by Richard. We could not have asked for a more exceptional, lovely day. I highly recommend Hastings House with reservation.

Ronnie · Married on 01/21/2012

Linda M. the owner and operator of The Hastings House wa so incrdibly flexible toour needs.She did a fantastic job! Not only did she provide a wonderful location for our wedding. She is also a totally professional photographer! I cannot urge any stronger to people that wish to be married, to not hesitate to call Linda M at The Hastings House. One can not go wrong by simply picking up the phone and calling Linda. She will meet your needs at an extremely reasonable rate. She will take away from you the stress that accompanies planning an event. It does not always have to be a wedding. If one has something going on that requires a very beautiful venue. Then simply call Linda at The HAstings House in Half Moon Bay, California. She is awesome, awesome, awesome!

Haley · Married on 12/27/2011

Linda, Richard and Judith were all wonderful. The location was spectacular as well as the photos and service. It couldn't have been more perfect! Thank you to each of you!

Josh and Denise · Married on 06/16/2011

Linda was so helpful we felt at ease... She is very friendly and kind. The Gardens are absolutely gorgeous, a must see! She took so many beautiful photographs of our family, we will cherish these memories forever.

Josh and Denise Brockett

Susan · Married on 05/14/2011

Hastings House is the perfect place to have a small, intimate wedding or elopement! The Gardens are absolutely stunning, and you are also right next to the Ocean. We had our elopement ceremony here, and Linda was wonderful, organized, and put us at ease immediately. She also took beautiful photographs! Hastings House is very reasonable to rent out, so if you are on a budget then this is the perfect venue.

Joetta · Married on 04/30/2011

We had a beautiful, and wonderful day! Linda was great, from the first day that we met her she was sweet, patient, and accomodating. She was very fair, upfront about the business at hand, and also went above and beyond our expectations. We had a day we will never forget, it was perfect.

Kathryn and Randy · Married on 06/30/2010

Linda and Richard provided the perfect spot for us to get married. The Hastings House gardens are lovely; very romantic and private. Linda took our wedding photos, and she did an AMAZING job!!! She is professional and artistic with her photography. We are so very pleased. Richard played the guitar during the ceremony, and his music was so beautiful and soothing. He also has CDs for sale. We strongly recommend you purchase them as a wedding souvenir. Richard and Linda are very down to earth people. Being from Canada and not knowing what to expect, Linda promptly answered all of our questions, and she put both of our minds at ease. She also took photos of us at the beach. Thank you Linda and Richard, for making our special day PERFECT!!!

Forever in our hearts,

Randy and Kathryn

Ninju · Married on 03/14/2010

"Whether as a wedding-venue host, wedding planner, or photographer, Linda Patterson is the perfect blend of efficiency and artistry. The garden she has lovingly built up around her home, is truly ethereal. Her husband and guitarist, Richard, is a magnificent musician. All in all, they will go out of their way to work with you to plan and realize the most unique and perfect of weddings. They made our day everything we could have hoped for."

Ninju, Pleasanton, CA
    March 2010

Lisa · Married on 12/20/2009

We eloped and got married at the Hastings House! What a wonderful experience. Linda was extremely responsive and planning our event was such a pleasure. The gardens at the Hastings House were stunning (even in December) and Linda served as our photographer as well, providing an enormous number of beautiful photos that we'll have for a lifetime. What a wonderful experience. i couldn't recommend them highly enough!!!! Thank you for everything Linda!