Hashtag Events Reviews

17 | Oshkosh, WI

17 Reviews for Hashtag Events

• Kalene

Kalene Olson · Married on 08/17/2019

Outstanding addition to our wedding!

Hands down the best decision to add Marie with Hashtag Events to my wedding day! Her assistant and her made my day far less stressful so I could fully enjoy it. Honest to God, I recommend hiring her for set up, take down, dog watching, day of coordination. We hired her at her full package and wouldn't have done it different!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Kayla · Married on 09/15/2017

I am so glad we decided to go with hashtag events for our wedding planning.  Marie did such a fantastic job.  Our wedding was so beautiful and we hardly had to do any work! Marie found us amazing deals from photography to the florist and even the officiant.  It really made our lives so much easier and on the day of all we had to do was enjoy it! She was so wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend hashtag events for any wedding planning needs!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Matt · Married on 09/15/2017

My wife and I wearnt sure if we wanted a wedding planner but I am glad we did and I am very glad we went with hashtag events. Marie was very kind and very easy to work with and she did so much for us. We didn't know what we were doing but she was there every step of the way and she made things so much easier for us. Our wedding was easily the best day of our lives and Hastag events was a big part of that.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2017

Marie was great to work with! Very accommodating and helpful to answer any questions that I had

Sent on 12/11/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/05/2017

I absolutely loved working with Marie! She met with me countless of times and also worked with me over the phone to go over both big and fine details. She made sure to stay updated and keep me on track since she was our day of coordinator. Honestly I don't know what I would have done without her. I completely relied on her and her assistant on the big day to answer everyone's questions and take care of all the details. It was amazing, and because of her, I was able to just enjoy our big day and take it all in. I loved working with her and I can only imagine all the stunning work she'd be able to if we hired her to help plan as well. I definitely recommend her for anyone on the biggest and happiest day ever!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Shamayne · Married on 07/15/2017

Awesome to work with and made the entire journey as stress free as possible.

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • I

Irina · Married on 10/15/2016

Marie and her team are wonderful. Marie is a great communicator and follows up quickly. She is calm and confident in her work, making it easy to rely on her. I felt prepared going into our wedding day, and even though Marie was only our "day of planner", she made sure that we were ready ahead of time. Marie took care of several unpleasant issues during our wedding, and we both had no idea anything was the matter. We could not thank Marie and Samantha enough for being part of our wedding day!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Marie is very passionate about wedding planning as well as her clients. She puts her heart into every detail, and her client's needs are her highest priority. She always made herself available to me, and with her expertise and experience, I felt at ease - well, as at ease as a bride can be when planning the most important day of her life! Marie is an all around great person, very pleasant and friendly to be around, and always has a smile on her face. I highly recommend Hashtag events for your wedding planning needs. You won't regret hiring Marie!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Taylor · Married on 10/01/2016

Definitely worth it

Having a day of coordinator is so unbelievably needed, especially if you have an outdoor wedding. There were a lot of different vendors and moving pieces at my wedding and Marie did an excellent job making sure all was organized and issues were dealt with (bonus is I had no idea there were issues at all!). She allowed me to breathe and enjoy my day without worry. Thank you Marie!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Michael · Married on 07/16/2016

Marie and her team are absolutely committed to making sure your wedding day is outstanding. They have the experience and expertise to deal with all the details to ensure your special day comes off without a hitch, putting into reality all that you've envisioned. Professional, seasoned, and a good-hearted person. I look forward to working with Hashtag Events for other events in the future and will certainly recommend them to my friends and family.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Emily · Married on 07/16/2016

Marie was such a pleasure to work with. My wedding took place in July 2016 and there were a lot of moving parts to the planning - Marie helped me every step of the way. I hired her later in the wedding planning process (3 or so months before) and my only regret was not hiring her sooner. With several food vendors, a difficult photographer, and a timeline that was less than ideal Marie made our wedding the best day for my husband and I. We can't thank her enough for turning our wedding into everything we dreamed it would be. If you are considering a wedding planner, you won't go wrong with Hashtag Events!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Lucille · Married on 02/27/2016

Dear Marie: I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for all you did for daughter's wedding. You took care of all the major things associated with a wedding and reception. But also made time for all the little things that I would have missed.
    Your attention to detail made it possible for me to enjoy the entire day with my daughter . Thank you for all you did.Your knowledge and expertise in event planning gave my daughter a beautiful wedding and you gave me wonderful memories. Sincerely Lucille

Sent on 03/03/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/07/2015

Marie at "Hashtag Events" threw an amazing party. This wasn't for a wedding, but a super fun themed-party. I was amazed when I walked into the venue and seen all of the work she had done. She transformed a room that was completely drab and uninteresting into a place where people would have fun for hours. Everywhere you looked, there was something new and exciting to look at. Marie went over and above planning this party, did more with her budget than I ever thought possible, and made it a night to remember. I would highly recommend Marie for any event, whether it be a baby shower, kid's birthday, or even your wedding. Marie was amazing!

Sent on 03/03/2016

Tyfani · Married on 08/29/2015

Great service. Really attentive to what I wanted.friendly and a great atmosphere.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Richard · Married on 03/28/2015

Hash tag did a wonderful job putting this event together it was a blast entertainment was outstanding food was good everything went as planed thank for a job well done

Sent on 03/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

Marie did a wonderful job as our day of coordinator. It was so nice not having to deal with any mishaps that may have occurred during the day because Marie was on top of it!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Markayle · Married on 08/27/2016

2.0
      1.5
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0
      1.5

My advice is go with another planner or at the very least set your expectations low. If you are in the Madison area call Angela Daus - I switched my planner a month before my wedding thank god. Marie has a nice personality but if you are looking to plan anything above a parking lot barbecue, some refinement in the planner you chose is required. She's prompt in email but the what actually gets accomplished is minimal. Expect to do all the leg work and get a perfectly "professional" email from Marie reminding you of things you already know and none of the task you asked her to complete done. The contract is for her protection and you will pay a good amount of money for nothing. She's cheap as far as planners in the area go but you can find others at her price point who will actually perform as you need them to. I made the mistake of not canceling my contract with Marie sooner. Good Luck planning and happy wedding.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Hashtag Events's reply:

This bride was very difficult to work with. Expecting freebies from her caterer to her musician, and only hiring me for partial planning, while expecting full planning. She gave me 4 months to help her plan her wedding, and she was out of the country for nearly 2 of those months, and focusing on school for about a month. But I was up to the challenge and never quit. The bride's lack of communication and decision making caused severe delays in finalizing details for her wedding. She had me at a point where I literally could do nothing more but wait for her to make final decisions. Despite the many hours of research, multiple 4 hour round trip visits to her for in person consults, numerous phone consults that she cancelled last minute or didn't bother to "show up" to, and the trail of emails to prove I had done all the work I could for her with finding vendors, coordinating her vendors, dealing with her caterer who ultimately quit for being impossible to work for, and other vendors thanking me for making the connection- despite the difficult time they had with her at her wedding, she claims I did nothing. This is all coming from a bride who tried to scam me out of the payments she owed for the work I had done, and is now disgruntled because she had to hold up to the contract. Coming from the bride who apologized for being so difficult and begged me to continue to work for her after she had sent the written notice of cancellation, who tried to bully her way into not paying for all the work I had done. I have learned from this situation and changed my contract to fairly protect both myself and my clients if there were to be a situation where one or both parties are not happy with the working relationship. My contracts were/are very clear and easy to understand. My integrity is pure, I am not out to scam anyone, I am in the business of making people happy on the happiest day of their life, and I am thankful to have so many appreciative clients out there.