Harvest Moon Pond Reviews

Harvest Moon Pond View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Maggie M. Getting married on 03/06/2022

Magical Venue

Harvest Moon Pond is a stunning venue nestled outside of Madison in Poynette. The location will leave a bride and groom wanting nothing more. With wide open fields, hidden streams in the woods, and a spacious barn that allows plenty of light, you can expect the most spectacular pictures to remember your special day. As the evening comes to a close enjoy dancing under the stars or lounging with a delicious pizza from their on-site brick oven, what more could you want? We can't fail to mention the huge rental house on the property that perfectly accommodates a large group of out of town guests or the wedding party. As coordinators we could not have asked to work with a more incredible staff. It was a pure joy to work with Brian & Stephanie who catered to our every needs. If you are looking for a truly magical, rustic wedding, book here!!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review!!! Natalie & Carter's wedding will be one we never forget. We TRULY loved working with you and were impressed at your dedication and passion to serve your clients. Brian and I LOVED working with you both and look forward to working together again in the future!
  • Karen
    Karen H. Married on 12/07/2021

Fabulous!!!!

Our son and new daughter-in-law got married at Harvest Moon Pond on 7/24/2020. It was absolutely gorgeous!! I can not say even great things about the owners Kari and Jeff. Kari was wonderful to work with and continually kept everything on track while dealing with all the new updates surrounding Covid. Their staff is amazing and The Barn and outside area couldn't have been more perfect! We've had so many compliments and that is due to Harvest Moon Pond having such a beautiful place, people and compassion for making my son and daughter-in-law's wedding be a magical fairy tale!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

I can't tell you how much we enjoyed working with you, N & K. It was a magical day, indeed!
  • Mercedes
    Mercedes S. Married on 09/11/2021

The WHOLE package!

Ohh.. this place, these people, and the day you’ll have if you book here. I can’t say enough about this venue and my experience at HMP. What an absolute dream come true. I hired an event planner for my wedding and HMP was very accommodating in meeting our requests to change things up and really
    allowed us to make this day solely about us and bring our own vision to life. The compliments on the venue alone have not let up. All of my guests were so amazed by this place. Stephanie and Brian are both so fun to work with and are so kind. Stephanie takes some behind the scene pics during the day and sends them to the bride.. which is just so fun to see as the day really does go by much too fast. Elena was also such a delight to work with. She’s so sweet and jumps in to help in anyway she can. My only “complaint” would be that no one told me I’d feel SO attached to this place, this crew, and the memories they helped me make. I still get quite emotional just thinking about it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Harvest Moon Pond. You will forever be so very special to us.

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank you so much for your extremely kind review, Mercedes! We felt so honored to play a small part in your special day and truly enjoyed getting to know you, your adorable girls and your amazing parents. I think Brian gave a group of about 15 guests an "underground tour" of the barn too, lol. We absolutely LOVED seeing your vision come to life in our space. It was stunning, elegant, and unique... and a day we will never forget. You are forever a part of our history at Harvest Moon Pond now, so you will have to come back to visit for sure:)
    Caitlin B. Married on 07/24/2021

Secret Gem in Madison

We changed our venue a few months before our date, and I am so glad that someone cancelled on our date. Harvest Moon Pond is gorgeous everywhere. The barn is in great shape and even with the small amount of decorations we did. The grounds are spectacular. We did our ceremony under the willow trees, took photos in different spots, and had a lot of friends and family spend time on the patio. Stephanie and Elena are fantastic and we had zero issues during booking and the day of. We highly recommend getting married here!
    Kim L. Married on 09/27/2020

Beautiful venue with amazing staff

My husband and I had visited a few other venues, but none of them had exactly what we were looking for. We had gone to a wedding at Harvest Moon Pond before and decided to check it out for our wedding. Although we really wanted to have an outdoor ceremony under the beautiful willow trees, it ended up raining, but Stephanie and the staff at Harvest Moon Pond are so encouraging and helpful we were able to quickly set everything up in the loft and have it look even more beautiful than I could've imagined.
    I 100% love Harvest Moon Pond and am so glad my husband and I decided to get married there!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Harvest Moon Pond! We are so grateful you chose our venue for your big day as it was our pleasure getting to know you as well as your family & friends:) Although we certainly wish you could have had your dream outside wedding under the willow trees, we are so happy to hear you loved your indoor ceremony just as much.
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 08/14/2020

Gorgeous renovated barn with amazing outdoor areas

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. All of our guests raved about how beautiful it was. The various outdoor/indoor spots for the ceremony are all nice options. The outdoor and indoor bars were awesome. The outdoor patio with fireplace and pizza oven is gorgeous as is the renovated barn. Everything about this place exceeded our expectations for a wedding venue. The owners are amazing as well and ensured everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

We are so glad to hear your guests enjoyed their time at Harvest Moon Pond on your wedding day! It truly was beautiful and we loved getting to work with you (and your amazing family who helped so much:).
  • Hailey
    Hailey Married on 02/29/2020

Exceeded all Expectations!

Harvest Moon Pond is the perfect wedding venue! This wedding barn is absolutely stunning and has everything you could ever ask for in a venue for your big day. We could go on and on about how beautiful this venue is, but the staff is arguably the best part about the place! Even our guests gushed about how wonderful the staff was. Kari and Stephanie are so kind, down-to-earth, and beyond helpful! We were lucky enough to be their very first wedding as new owners of the barn, and it is hard to believe they haven't been doing this for years. They helped us plan every detail of our big day, and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of. They are so easy to communicate with and are always just a call/text/email away! We are so grateful we chose Harvest Moon Pond, and we would highly recommend it to any newly engaged couples in the Wisco area!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Awe! Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly felt so blessed to have your wedding be our first one as new owners also! You made the barn look so beautiful with your winter decor. It was absolutely stunning!
  • Steve
    Steve Married on 01/08/2020

Exceeded Expectations

We are forever grateful to the Kari, Jeff and the entire staff at Harvest Moon Pond for our daughter’s wedding. The venue was beautifully maintained and the staff took extra precautions to ensure everyone’s safety during this pandemic. Specifically, Kari was excellent at communicating with us leading up to the wedding and offering suggestions. Meanwhile, Jeff went out of his way to accommodate some special AV needs that we had as well as being available for any “curve balls” during the day. Thank you so much for making our daughter’s dream wedding a reality.

Steve & Lynn S.
    New Berlin, WI

Thank you Steve & Lynn!
    So much love, laughter, joy, funny stories & new lyrics to old songs! It was a perfect day, a beautiful wedding and one I will always remember :)
    Allison Married on 06/29/2019

Most beautiful barn in Madison area

The barn was beautiful! It was a hot day so the air conditioning was amazing. We had many kids invited so they all played out back behind the barn. The staff are extremely helpful all the way up to the day of the wedding. Amazing place to have a wedding.
  • Morgan
    Morgan A. Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing!

This was the best venue ever! Renee is an outstanding person to work with an acts as a day of wedding planner, ensuring everything runs smoothly. The venue is gorgeous, indoors and out, so you can't go wrong even if it rains. We had 225 guests and there was plenty of room for an outdoor wedding. It would've been very cramped (but doable) as an indoor wedding though so take that into consideration
    Ryan S. Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent experience, highly recommend

This is an excellent place to have a wedding. It is a beautiful location, and a lot of it has to do with the owners, who I found extremely professional and on top of everything. They were great anticipating things, but never being noticable - which is a hard line to draw, and we dealt with severe rain threats.

The sound system they have set up, fits the acoustics of the barn perfectly, which was very important to us, and the climate controlled interior was great.

Great indoor/outdoor options for everything, we found locations for all of our pictures there. Renee is very accomodating, and I cannot stress enough that she knows her facility and is happy to sit down and talk details or specific concerns.

There is a reason they are booked up as much as they are.
  • Becca
    Becca Married on 08/11/2017
    I left Renee and Gary a raving review on their Facebook page but they went above and beyond for our wedding on 8/11/17! Renee was very experienced and almost acted like a day of coordinator for us. She was extremely attentive and knowledgeable and I can't say enough nice things about their staff and their venue! The grounds are absolutely amazing and they are perfect for pictures and an outdoor ceremony! Our guests raved about the venue and I credit the staff at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond for our flawless event!
    Sarah Married on 08/04/2017
    Renee and Gary were wonderful to work with. They answered all my questions quickly. The day of went perfectly--- Marsha coordinated everything. We got so many compliments on our venue; it was gorgeous inside and out! I highly recommend!!
    Tiffany Married on 01/07/2017
    This place is AMAZING. Almost all of our guests commented on how spectacular our venue was. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff is amazing. Renee responds to emails and calls SO quickly, had great suggestions and on the big day was very helpful. I had NO idea what was going on the day of and she kept me in the loop and helped everyone else get things taken care of for me. She was great throughout the entire wedding planning process AND on the day of. Props to her team, they were just as great as she is. I wish I could get married there all over again!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank-you for the review Tiffany! Everyone should know you had a beautiful wedding, and were an amazing person to work with.
    Our best to you for a wonderful life!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 12/02/2016
    I couldn't have dreamed of a more gorgeous barn venue. Their place has all the charm of a real barn on the inside, with the year-round comfort of an insulated, heated/cooled, newly constructed facility. Absolutely beautiful grounds for taking photos, too. The Whirry family was so kind, helpful, and accommodating. 1,000% recommend!

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank-you Emily! What an amazing winter wedding and couple.
    If anyone is thinking of doing a winter wedding, this couple did it right!
    Emily Married on 09/30/2016
    We have booked The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond for our September 2016 wedding and could not be more excited for it. The owners are phenomenal and have answered our many, many questions and emails. I cannot wait to work with them this next year in planning our dream wedding.
    Luke Married on 09/11/2016
    First of all, Renee and Gary are the nicest people in the world. Look no further for the best barn to get married in. From the beginning to end, the communication with Renee was excellent so that everything went over smoothly on your day. My wife and I went into this barn for the first time and knew it was the one from the first step. The amenities on site are perfect for a wedding day, including: 4 rustic bathrooms, a mens lounge down stairs, a bridal room with mirrors for the lady’s, a hayloft for dinner seating that also works excellent as a “rain out” ceremony, a full length bar with tappers, a basic kitchen for holding cakes or pies, a fridge for all the wine. Outside: the backdrop can’t be beat, with a stone fireplace, willow trees, and the choice of either a staged wedding or between the willows. I wouldn’t have wanted my wedding any other way than at the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. Thank you Renee and Gary!
    Luke and Samantha

Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

A response with a tear, as you are one of "our" couples that we will always remember with smiles, getting to know you. Your review is much appreciated, but getting to know you was much more appreciated.
    Our best!
  • User2328812 2+ years ago
    The barn is absolutely beautiful and the owners keep making improvements to the yard in the back. Heating and air condition are also installed in the barn, which is great for hot summer nights. The barn is also very wheel chair friendly which was very important to me for my grandparents. The owners are also very helpful and flexible.
    Stacy Married on 09/18/2015
    I can't say enough great things abut this venue and its owners! The barn and grounds are beautiful and very well kept. If you are hoping to have your wedding here yet u have to book at least a year and a half in advance but it is WELL worth the wait. Within the two years since we had booked our wedding date they did so many upgrades and beautiful changes and renovations to the barn and the grounds. It's great to have a place that you can spend your whole wedding day at, from getting ready to dancing until the late hours of the night. The barn dis the perfect balance of rustic, chic, romantic. Even if you're not considering a "barn" wedding, go check out this location, it will definitely change you ur mind!
  • JMthirteen
    Jaeca Married on 09/13/2015
    Our wedding is in September 2015, but I booked the barn in July 2014 after falling in love with the place as soon as I stepped through the doors. Ever since then, Renee has been a blessing to work with. She responds to my e-mails promptly (no more than 24-48 hours, if that!), she puts up with my incessant questions (we have tons of e-mail back and forth), and she and Gary are very accommodating when it comes to visiting the site. After working with her for almost a year now, I'm so completely satisfied that our wedding will be a truly magical day with the help of the two amazing owners. It truly eases the stress a bride has throughout the course of wedding planning!
    Amber Married on 09/12/2015
    Our wedding at the Barn was absolutely magical! Our ceremony was under the willow trees..the property is just breathtaking, inside and out! Our guests couldn't believe how beautiful it all was! Renee and Gary are wonderful, genuinely good people and very communicative and helpful through the entire wedding planning and day process! We can't thank them enough for sharing their gorgeous property with us!
  • User2190378 2+ years ago
    We feel so lucky to have found Renee and Gary and their unbelievably beautiful Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. It couldn't have been a more perfect setting for our big day: we got married under the willow trees, had our cocktail hour on the terrace, and enjoyed an evening of great food and joyous celebration in the barn and its loft. Working with Renee and Gary couldn't have been better. When we thought we were going to have to move indoors due to rain, they helped us figure out a way to make that shift as painless as possible--both for us and for our guests. I never waited more than 24 hours to hear back from them, and normally it was much, much less than that. They were flexible, helpful, and just all around the best facilitators of our event we could have asked for. Any couple would be fortunate to work with them. Thank you, Renee and Gary!
    Kiley Married on 10/11/2014
    My husband and I are so glad we were able to hold our entire wedding day at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. This is a very flexible venue and you're able to make your wedding exactly what you want it. I couldn't have asked for more wonderful people to work with. Renee and Gary were very accommodating and helpful. I highly recommend the barn to anyone looking for something other than your traditional banquet hall!
    Allyson Married on 06/28/2014
    Renee and her family were great! They were very helpful in the setup and take down of our wedding! They responded in a timely manner to any questions that I had and their venue is BEAUTIFUL! I truly had an amazing night and would highly recommend the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond!
    Lisa Married on 09/27/2013
    Renee and Gary are amazing to work with! We began planning our wedding in early 2012 and originally booked their other venue in Markesan, WI. Due to unfortunate venue updating requirements by the state they decided to close that barn and we had to switch to the Barn at Harvest Moon. I'm SO happy we decided to make the change and carry our contract over instead of searching for a different venue altogether. I can say that the ease of working with Renee is the reason we stuck it out. They are incredibly accommodating and will do everything they can to make sure your day is perfect.

Like the other reviews there was a family that was touring the facility while we were setting up the morning of our wedding and Renee was sincerely apologetic however I didn't mind and assured her it was ok. It really was. We all go through the planning process and I visited during another brides set-up time too (and she was super cool with it as well) so I didn't get upset. And I actually ended up speaking to the people who were booking and told them about my planning experience with Renee. As far as Renee's responsiveness I guess it depends on your expectations. I give her a 5. I planned and sent my questions accordingly knowing it was prime wedding season so I didn't always expect a reply immediately.

The venue itself is amazing. Gorgeous photo opportunities are everywhere! I felt so at home being there and got a ton of compliments on choosing the venue.

Overall, I would most definitely recommend this venue. Our experience was amazing and I'm kinda bummed that the wedding is over. I always looked forward to talking to Renee and Gary :)