Harvest Moon Catering Reviews

Harvest Moon Catering 7
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 08/03/2019

Best. Caterers. Ever.

From the tasting to the wedding reception, Harvest Moon was a pleasure to work with (especially Sally J.)! Their attention to detail, culinary vision, and creativity made for an exquisite feast.

I especially want to praise how they embraced a cross-cultural menu (in our case, American and Indian). Guests enjoyed Southern fried chicken and saag paneer side by side. Each morsel--from the pimento cheese biscuits to the raspberry-almond macarons--was divine. In fact, my mother-in-law, from Mumbai, assumed that we had hired a chef from an Indian restaurant! I don't know what higher praise they could get!

I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Tenille

Tenille Maher · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing, Professional and Fabulous Food and Service!

5 Star Professional Service from our first email to the Wedding day. Food was fabulous and gorgeous from tasting, our Rehearsal dinner to the reception - appetizers and dinner were incredible. Provided all rentals equipment other than tent and AV. Highly recommend this team of professionals to take any event to the next level!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Lillian

Lillian · Married on 06/29/2019

Harvest Moon = best decision

I can't say enough good things about our experience with Harvest Moon! To list a few:
    - On the day of, everything was smooth and flawless
    - During our wedding, our VIP servers forced my husband and me to eat, which in retrospect, was 100% necessary. They somehow ensured we did not go hungry while still allowing us to mingle and talk with everyone. Shout out to Maeve, Ivan, and Che!
    - During the tasting, we had some constructive feedback that Harvest Moon took seriously and truly perfected for our wedding day
    - Our wedding guests wouldn't stop talking about how good the food was
    - One of my and my husband's biggest pet peeves at weddings is when vegetarian/vegan meals aren't substantial. This was not the case at our wedding; Harvest Moon took our dietary needs seriously and ensured everyone was fed well and full at the end of the night
    - Natalie, our event producer, worked with us to make all of the above happen and ensure everything was perfect. She brought creative ideas to us and helped us brainstorm different foods, serving options, floor plans, etc and all in all she is amazing to work with!

I highly recommend anyone work with Harvest Moon for their wedding or any other event!

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie McGartland · Married on 06/08/2019

Phenomenal

The food was amazing, and everyone we interacted with was professional, fun, and super helpful!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Great caterer!

Working with Sally and Harvest Moon was one of the best decisions we made! We met with several caterers and knew immediately after our tasting with Harvest Moon that they were the best choice for us. All of the food was amazing, and Sally was attentive to our requests and worked with us to pick a menu with variety that worked well for a spring wedding.

The day-of staff were incredibly professional, helpful, and friendly to us and all of our guests. Dinner was moved up at the very last minute due to incoming weather, and Sally and the team were able to handle it seamlessly. The food was served promptly and tasted just as good as it did during our tasting. The plating of each dish was nicely done as well, and they really took care to ensure that each guest received the best dish possible.

Sally is the most organized person you will ever meet. She made the entire process so easy to plan, and was always available whenever we had a question or needed advice. During our venue walkthrough, Sally was on top off all of the details and worked with our planner to make sure everything was covered. We had some last minute meal changes for a few guests and Sally was on top of it without any problem.

Having Sally and Harvest Moon as part of our team was fantastic. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Casey · Married on 05/04/2019

Hands down the best!!

This team is incredible! So grateful for Sally's patience and expertise as I modified our vision multiple times. She was sweet and receptive the entire way through. The food was AMAZING - we received many comments on how awesome it was with quality just the same, if not better, as the tasting for the big day. Sally and her team even cooked a late night snack my sister had brought in from my hometown - a late night tradition that was very special to me. Time and time again, this team accommodated all of our requests to make our vision perfect. Aside from phenomenal food, I think I am most grateful for the extreme organization and responsiveness of Sally and her team. Planning a wedding can be stressful and waiting on vendors to respond to questions and to do so completely can wear on you. With HMC, I had answers to all my emails almost immediately. Somehow they managed to keep so many details in such magnificent order, everything went off without a hitch! If you want a team that is super experienced, offers exceptional service and will work tirelessly to make your dream a reality, I could not recommend HMC any more highly! Thanks Sally and the entire HMC team!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia Kohn · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

We are so thankful we chose Harvest Moon to cater our reception! Not only is the food phenomenal, but Mark and his team have a wealth of knowledge regarding multiple wedding venues around the Charlottesville area. Harvest Moon worked with us on our menu, providing sample items but modifying accordingly and ensuring that each one of our guests (some with a list of allergies) were able to enjoy the food without concern. I have friends and family still raving about the food we had at our reception, and one friend even commented that she's never enjoyed every single bite of food at a wedding - until ours! The staff was professional and attentive, and everyone was smiling and seemed to be enjoying their job as well!

Harvest Moon knew our venue (James Monroe's Highland) so well and were able to lead walk throughs efficiently and patiently even when there was a change of staff at the actual venue. It was also really nice that they supplied linens and they worked with tenting vendors directly to help us with light rentals, heaters and side paneling - one less detail for us to worry about!

Working with Kristi as our day of coordinator through HM was by far the best decision that we made for our wedding day. She thought of every single detail, stayed up late ensuring that each detail was thought through, and communicated in a timely manner though she was quite busy herself at the start of wedding season. Though I am not a details person, I am so thankful that Kristi is so that our day went so smoothly! She provided schedules and timelines well in advance that were so valuable, and she communicated with everyone so that the week of, we really were hands off to slow down and enjoy. Despite lots of moving pieces with our wedding day with the ceremony at UVA Chapel and then reception at Highland, our entire wedding day went seamlessly, and we have to credit Kristi for this. Hands down, the best decision we made! Would 100% recommend working with her for a day of coordinator to anyone in the area!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 02/16/2019

Hire Harvest Moon

I don't have enough amazing things to say about Harvest Moon! They were the first and only caterer we tasted with and we knew right away that their services and quality couldn't be beat. I always thought the caterer only provided the food but quickly learned that they do so much more and are such an huge part of your planning and wedding day. On top of delicious and beautiful food, Harvest Moon has their business model down to a science and that is what really sealed the deal for me. From start to finish the staff was extremely attentive, helpful and communicative and I never once questioned whether everything would be exactly the way we planned for. Everything turned out even more beautiful and amazing than we could have imagined thanks to the Harvest Moon team! I can't recommend this vendor enough

Sent on 03/06/2019

Justine Weaver · Married on 02/09/2019

100% the Best!

I cannot recommend Harvest Moon highly enough! They created a spectacular day for us with absolutely delicious food and seamless service, as well as incredible presentation. My husband and I felt so well-taken care of - I was never without a glass of wine (this is important on your wedding day), and a delicious hors d'oeuvre or other bite to eat was never far away. Both Mark and Kristi at Harvest Moon provided excellent recommendations for food, beverages, and everything in between. The tasting process for our final menu decisions felt like we were eating out at a fancy restaurant! I also felt that Mark, Kristi, and the other staff we worked with were very flexible, and also kept us on track with timing before our wedding. All of our wedding guests commented on how delicious the food was! Harvest Moon really completes the picture for your wedding, and I am constantly grateful that we were able to work with them!

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Jeffery · Married on 12/08/2018

Truly Remarkable Catering Service

My husband and I planned an elopement wedding in just under 6 weeks. As you can imagine, we were scrambling to get vendors booked on short notice and pull everything together in time for our special day. The staff at Harvest Moon Catering were absolutely phenomenal. They were so kind and accommodating. They helped us finesse the perfect menu and event. They came to the venue the morning of our wedding to meet with the host and view the lay of they land. They showed up on time as promised and set everything up during our ceremony. At this point, I had talked to them enough to know that I had nothing to worry about. When we came in for dinner with our guests, everything was laid out BEAUTIFULLY! The service was 5 star and the food was out of this world. Everyone went back for seconds and the guests were literally fighting over leftovers. We provided our own alcohol, but they suppled a bartender and he was top notch. We cannot recommend this company enough!!!! Thank you Harvest Moon for helping to make our day so special!!!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Graham West · Married on 10/28/2018

Great experience!

Sally and the rest of the Harvest Moon catering team did an outstanding job from the moment we met them at our tasting. They worked with us to create a menu that was unique to our tastes (no bland chicken), and the result was met with universal approval from our guests. They were also easy to work with in terms of logistical questions (rentals, the seating chart, etc.) and accommodated the dietary restrictions of our guests with no problem. We strongly recommend them!

Sent on 12/13/2018

sandy · Married on 10/12/2018

I will start out by noting that we did not select Harvest Moon as our wedding caterer; we've opted for a different company to cater our October 2018 event due to budget constraints. However, I did want to share the extremely positive experience we had with HM staff (particularly Sally) as she learned about our event and developed a menu and cost quote for our consideration. Sally held multiple calls with me to learn about the wedding, our food preferences, families, and personalities, and was extremely professional, responsive, and considerate. She put together a proposed menu that was customized to our needs and wants, and really exceeded our expectations in terms of the level of customer service she provided. Based on this experience I'd recommend to any couple to include HM in their preliminary conversations with caterers because I'm sure that they can deliver a really well-catered and organized event.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Annie · Married on 10/06/2018

Great food and great experience!

Harvest Moon Catering was a pleasure to work with. Their food and desserts were delicious, and they were highly flexible with and responsive to any suggestions we made to the menu, including vegan and vegetarian options. They were familiar with our wedding venue, Shenandoah Woods, which made set up and clean up seamless. We highly recommend Harvest Moon for your wedding catering or any event.

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2018

Definitely recommend!!!!

We had such a great experience with Harvest Moon! Sally and Natalie were really responsive, helped us get a great menu that everyone could eat and worked with us on all our requests for changes. The day of staff was amazing, keeping everyone happy and really on point. Our waitress made sure to bring us our favorite drinks all night. The food was amazing, everyone loved it and we were able to accommodate everyone’s dietary needs, including severe allergies which was extremely important to us. They even packed us some desserts which we had been to busy dancing to eat so we got a great treat afterwards!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 09/15/2018

Professional, Personal and Perfect

My wife, Linda, and I had firm ideas about what we wanted for our September wedding, having been in the Hospitality Industry for too many years; every caterers nightmare. Harvest Moon was recommended by the venue we choose and we added them to our search, hoping to have the perfect Virginia Autumn Country Wedding and we couldn't have been more fortunate.
    It took some patience on their part and open communication about what was hoped and what was practical but we were fulfilled in every way possible. Sally, our Event Guru, worked with us on each detail and their staff executed with professionalism and enthusiasm. One of our criteria for the evening was to have the servers be an integral part of the play, interacting with the guests and making their needs paramount.
    It was flawless. Perhaps the most frequently heard comments since that night was that many of our friends never knew that the food and service could be so inviting, intimate and delicious.
    I would recommend Harvest Moon to anyone looking their way and, as with most important things in life, don't be afraid to voice your thoughts and ideas, they are ready to listen!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Harvest Moon Catering's reply:

Thank you so much taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was a great pleasure working with you and Linda; all the best to you both!
    Sally
    HMC

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2018

Harvest Moon was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! They not only have THE BEST food but they helped us come up with a personalized menu to help reflect our travel theme and were so prompt and accommodating through the entire process. The whole staff was a blast and Natalie is literally the sweetest and most helpful person ever! Not only is she such an awesome friend to us but as our day of coordinator we literally COULD NOT have done the wedding without her. The entire wedding went smoothly without one hiccup and I didn’t think that was even possible. Exceeded all our expectations, thank you again Harvest Moon!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Monica · Married on 08/25/2018

Harvest Moon- amazing food, amazing service

Harvest Moon Catering met and exceeded our expectations. Natalie, who was our main point of contact and coordinator for our wedding, was absolutely wonderful. She was easy to communicate with, answered any and all of our questions, and has so much experience in event planning that she was able to take the lead on many aspects of our wedding that we weren’t even expecting. Natalie was so good at making the whole planning process as stress-free as possible. The food was incredible, from the cocktail hour to dinner to late-night, everything was delicious. All of our guests raved about the food. We were blown away by the presentation of our food, as well as the attention to detail. Harvest Moon even worked with us to develop signature cocktails that incorporated the cider from our venue and they were so good! The day-of staff was very professional and friendly. We were even assigned a staff member to just us (bride and groom) for the reception, and she was excellent and really made sure we had enough to eat and drink that night. We have so many great things to say about Harvest Moon. They are more than just a catering company. They truly care about their clients and invest their time and effort into making sure that your wedding is the best day.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2018

My first word to describe HM = YUM! Picking a caterer for our wedding was a tough choice -- it was one of the first vendors we had to choose. Getting married at King Family Vineyards required us to pick a caterer so once we picked the venue the caterer choice was next. HM staff is friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and their positive reputation in the C'ville area is no joke...not to mention that the food is SO GOOD! My husband wanted the food to be our deciding factor -- don't get me wrong that's a huge part...but what I came to learn through the planning process is that the caterer actually does a lot more of the logistics than we thought! We got the most bang for our buck -- amazing food AND great staff that made the night flow seamlessly. We worked with Shelby :) Pick HM for your wedding you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Harvest Moon Catering 8

Kahtra · Married on 06/08/2018

What a phenomenal experience! Every aspect from creating a menu, to venue set up, and including the execution of impeccable service before, during & after our daughter's wedding was spectacular!
    Elegant hors d'oeuvres were passed on silver trays by smiling, friendly servers. The displays for cocktail hour were inviting and artful as well. Our family style dinner was abundantly & artfully presented on platters that were easy to pass. The salmon and chicken were moist & delectable! And there was even the creative arrangement of popcorn as a late night snack!
    I truly trusted and appreciated their ability to make some "game-time" decisions. Having the utmost confidence in the team, I felt that I could be fully present in the moments and savor the joy of the wedding! The whole experience with Harvest Moon Catering was phenomenal!

Sent on 06/13/2018

LeeAnn · Married on 04/28/2018

Sally with Harvest Moon is absolutely amazing! She helped me throughout our one year engagement choose and finalize the perfect menu for our guests for our wedding at Trump Winery. I changed my mind several times and she was always so patient and sweet. She was also so prompt to respond to my emails! On the wedding day, the food and beverages turned out amazing. Guests were raving about the food! Everything was presented beautifully and cooked perfect. Huge thank you to Sally and her team at Harvest Moon. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Amanda & Adria · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with Harvest Moon Catering was a dream. They were up to speed on our venue as they've worked there previously and knew all the in's and out's of the venue particulars. They were quick to be responsive and listened when we outlined our preferences for food and general themes we'd like to incorporate into the wedding (I'm Cuban and my wife is Italian). Without missing a beat, HMC was above and beyond brilliant with their creative thought process, understanding of our budget and never steered us astray and through and through made our day become a reality. The tasting was a delight as well -- providing us a delicate but classy tasting in their headquarters and outlining all of the options in an easy and comprehensive way. Harvest Moon provided us a comprehensive package and they took care of every detail so we could sit back and enjoy the day. Over 2 dozen of our guests have already given us such postivie feedback of how the food tasted so amazing. If you're looking for a caterer that truly takes care of you in every sense of the word, then look no further -- Harvest Moon is amazing!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Mindy · Married on 02/23/2018

Harvest Moon did an amazing job catering our daughter's wedding in February at King Family Vineyards. From the initial inquiry, Sally was a delight to work with. She was incredibly responsive, organized, helpful, flexible, and very professional. We had a wonderful time with her throughout the entire planning process, including the tasting and the day of the event. What a gem!! The evening was seamless and the food was delicious. We received so many compliments on the food and the Harvest Moon staff. An exceptional guest experience for our family and friends - so very grateful!!!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Anne · Married on 11/18/2017

Harvest Moon catered by daughter's wedding in mid-November 2017 and I was so happy we picked Harvest Moon! Mark and Shelby were extremely professional and we worked well together leading up to the wedding. The set up was gorgeous and the food was sublime - really! So many guests complimented me on the delicious food at both the cocktail hour and, of course, the dinner. All the staff members were kind and helpful. Thank you Harvest Moon!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Andrea · Married on 11/04/2017

Our experience with Harvest Moon was excellent from our first meeting through the wedding reception. We worked with Sally and she helped ensure everything from the event planning to execution was stress free for my wife and daughter! The weather took a turn for the worse and we had to adjust for cold and wet weather and still the execution was flawless...even with the elements her team smiled the entire way through and we received countless comments from guests on how great the food and service were (everything: appetizers, bar service, dinner, serving an evening snack – everything was amazing). We couldn’t be happier and will definitely look to Harvest Moon when our other daughter gets married too (but hopefully not too soon )!

Sent on 11/08/2017