Harvest Moon Catering Reviews

Harvest Moon Catering 7
  • Katherine

Katherine Jeffery · Married on 12/08/2018

Truly Remarkable Catering Service

My husband and I planned an elopement wedding in just under 6 weeks. As you can imagine, we were scrambling to get vendors booked on short notice and pull everything together in time for our special day. The staff at Harvest Moon Catering were absolutely phenomenal. They were so kind and accommodating. They helped us finesse the perfect menu and event. They came to the venue the morning of our wedding to meet with the host and view the lay of they land. They showed up on time as promised and set everything up during our ceremony. At this point, I had talked to them enough to know that I had nothing to worry about. When we came in for dinner with our guests, everything was laid out BEAUTIFULLY! The service was 5 star and the food was out of this world. Everyone went back for seconds and the guests were literally fighting over leftovers. We provided our own alcohol, but they suppled a bartender and he was top notch. We cannot recommend this company enough!!!! Thank you Harvest Moon for helping to make our day so special!!!

Graham West · Married on 10/28/2018

Great experience!

Sally and the rest of the Harvest Moon catering team did an outstanding job from the moment we met them at our tasting. They worked with us to create a menu that was unique to our tastes (no bland chicken), and the result was met with universal approval from our guests. They were also easy to work with in terms of logistical questions (rentals, the seating chart, etc.) and accommodated the dietary restrictions of our guests with no problem. We strongly recommend them!

sandy · Married on 10/12/2018

I will start out by noting that we did not select Harvest Moon as our wedding caterer; we've opted for a different company to cater our October 2018 event due to budget constraints. However, I did want to share the extremely positive experience we had with HM staff (particularly Sally) as she learned about our event and developed a menu and cost quote for our consideration. Sally held multiple calls with me to learn about the wedding, our food preferences, families, and personalities, and was extremely professional, responsive, and considerate. She put together a proposed menu that was customized to our needs and wants, and really exceeded our expectations in terms of the level of customer service she provided. Based on this experience I'd recommend to any couple to include HM in their preliminary conversations with caterers because I'm sure that they can deliver a really well-catered and organized event.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2018

Definitely recommend!!!!

We had such a great experience with Harvest Moon! Sally and Natalie were really responsive, helped us get a great menu that everyone could eat and worked with us on all our requests for changes. The day of staff was amazing, keeping everyone happy and really on point. Our waitress made sure to bring us our favorite drinks all night. The food was amazing, everyone loved it and we were able to accommodate everyone’s dietary needs, including severe allergies which was extremely important to us. They even packed us some desserts which we had been to busy dancing to eat so we got a great treat afterwards!

• Daniel

Daniel · Married on 09/15/2018

Professional, Personal and Perfect

My wife, Linda, and I had firm ideas about what we wanted for our September wedding, having been in the Hospitality Industry for too many years; every caterers nightmare. Harvest Moon was recommended by the venue we choose and we added them to our search, hoping to have the perfect Virginia Autumn Country Wedding and we couldn't have been more fortunate.
    It took some patience on their part and open communication about what was hoped and what was practical but we were fulfilled in every way possible. Sally, our Event Guru, worked with us on each detail and their staff executed with professionalism and enthusiasm. One of our criteria for the evening was to have the servers be an integral part of the play, interacting with the guests and making their needs paramount.
    It was flawless. Perhaps the most frequently heard comments since that night was that many of our friends never knew that the food and service could be so inviting, intimate and delicious.
    I would recommend Harvest Moon to anyone looking their way and, as with most important things in life, don't be afraid to voice your thoughts and ideas, they are ready to listen!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Harvest Moon Catering's reply:

Thank you so much taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was a great pleasure working with you and Linda; all the best to you both!
    Sally
    HMC

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2018

Harvest Moon was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! They not only have THE BEST food but they helped us come up with a personalized menu to help reflect our travel theme and were so prompt and accommodating through the entire process. The whole staff was a blast and Natalie is literally the sweetest and most helpful person ever! Not only is she such an awesome friend to us but as our day of coordinator we literally COULD NOT have done the wedding without her. The entire wedding went smoothly without one hiccup and I didn’t think that was even possible. Exceeded all our expectations, thank you again Harvest Moon!

Monica · Married on 08/25/2018

Harvest Moon- amazing food, amazing service

Harvest Moon Catering met and exceeded our expectations. Natalie, who was our main point of contact and coordinator for our wedding, was absolutely wonderful. She was easy to communicate with, answered any and all of our questions, and has so much experience in event planning that she was able to take the lead on many aspects of our wedding that we weren’t even expecting. Natalie was so good at making the whole planning process as stress-free as possible. The food was incredible, from the cocktail hour to dinner to late-night, everything was delicious. All of our guests raved about the food. We were blown away by the presentation of our food, as well as the attention to detail. Harvest Moon even worked with us to develop signature cocktails that incorporated the cider from our venue and they were so good! The day-of staff was very professional and friendly. We were even assigned a staff member to just us (bride and groom) for the reception, and she was excellent and really made sure we had enough to eat and drink that night. We have so many great things to say about Harvest Moon. They are more than just a catering company. They truly care about their clients and invest their time and effort into making sure that your wedding is the best day.

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2018

My first word to describe HM = YUM! Picking a caterer for our wedding was a tough choice -- it was one of the first vendors we had to choose. Getting married at King Family Vineyards required us to pick a caterer so once we picked the venue the caterer choice was next. HM staff is friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and their positive reputation in the C'ville area is no joke...not to mention that the food is SO GOOD! My husband wanted the food to be our deciding factor -- don't get me wrong that's a huge part...but what I came to learn through the planning process is that the caterer actually does a lot more of the logistics than we thought! We got the most bang for our buck -- amazing food AND great staff that made the night flow seamlessly. We worked with Shelby :) Pick HM for your wedding you will not be disappointed!

Harvest Moon Catering 8

Kahtra · Married on 06/08/2018

What a phenomenal experience! Every aspect from creating a menu, to venue set up, and including the execution of impeccable service before, during & after our daughter's wedding was spectacular!
    Elegant hors d'oeuvres were passed on silver trays by smiling, friendly servers. The displays for cocktail hour were inviting and artful as well. Our family style dinner was abundantly & artfully presented on platters that were easy to pass. The salmon and chicken were moist & delectable! And there was even the creative arrangement of popcorn as a late night snack!
    I truly trusted and appreciated their ability to make some "game-time" decisions. Having the utmost confidence in the team, I felt that I could be fully present in the moments and savor the joy of the wedding! The whole experience with Harvest Moon Catering was phenomenal!

LeeAnn · Married on 04/28/2018

Sally with Harvest Moon is absolutely amazing! She helped me throughout our one year engagement choose and finalize the perfect menu for our guests for our wedding at Trump Winery. I changed my mind several times and she was always so patient and sweet. She was also so prompt to respond to my emails! On the wedding day, the food and beverages turned out amazing. Guests were raving about the food! Everything was presented beautifully and cooked perfect. Huge thank you to Sally and her team at Harvest Moon. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Amanda & Adria · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with Harvest Moon Catering was a dream. They were up to speed on our venue as they've worked there previously and knew all the in's and out's of the venue particulars. They were quick to be responsive and listened when we outlined our preferences for food and general themes we'd like to incorporate into the wedding (I'm Cuban and my wife is Italian). Without missing a beat, HMC was above and beyond brilliant with their creative thought process, understanding of our budget and never steered us astray and through and through made our day become a reality. The tasting was a delight as well -- providing us a delicate but classy tasting in their headquarters and outlining all of the options in an easy and comprehensive way. Harvest Moon provided us a comprehensive package and they took care of every detail so we could sit back and enjoy the day. Over 2 dozen of our guests have already given us such postivie feedback of how the food tasted so amazing. If you're looking for a caterer that truly takes care of you in every sense of the word, then look no further -- Harvest Moon is amazing!

Mindy · Married on 02/23/2018

Harvest Moon did an amazing job catering our daughter's wedding in February at King Family Vineyards. From the initial inquiry, Sally was a delight to work with. She was incredibly responsive, organized, helpful, flexible, and very professional. We had a wonderful time with her throughout the entire planning process, including the tasting and the day of the event. What a gem!! The evening was seamless and the food was delicious. We received so many compliments on the food and the Harvest Moon staff. An exceptional guest experience for our family and friends - so very grateful!!!

Anne · Married on 11/18/2017

Harvest Moon catered by daughter's wedding in mid-November 2017 and I was so happy we picked Harvest Moon! Mark and Shelby were extremely professional and we worked well together leading up to the wedding. The set up was gorgeous and the food was sublime - really! So many guests complimented me on the delicious food at both the cocktail hour and, of course, the dinner. All the staff members were kind and helpful. Thank you Harvest Moon!

Andrea · Married on 11/04/2017

Our experience with Harvest Moon was excellent from our first meeting through the wedding reception. We worked with Sally and she helped ensure everything from the event planning to execution was stress free for my wife and daughter! The weather took a turn for the worse and we had to adjust for cold and wet weather and still the execution was flawless...even with the elements her team smiled the entire way through and we received countless comments from guests on how great the food and service were (everything: appetizers, bar service, dinner, serving an evening snack – everything was amazing). We couldn’t be happier and will definitely look to Harvest Moon when our other daughter gets married too (but hopefully not too soon )!

• MrsBeetoBe

Meghan · Married on 10/13/2017

Harvest Moon Catering was by far one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Our venue required us to have a caterer that shouldered much of the day of burden: everything from setting up tables, bars and appetizer stations, to break down at the end of the night. Needless to say, we really needed our caterer to be the best and HMC is the BEST. From day one, Sally was organized, efficient and super responsive. I never felt like she was missing a single detail through our communication. My parents and in laws were able to participate in our tasting which they absolutely raved about. It was such a fun experience to share leading up to the big day. All the prep work was completely seamless and I was left worry-free on the day of. Shelby, our day-of catering lead, was an absolute rockstar. She was so kind and effective and I never felt like I needed to be responsible for problem solving on my wedding day. She was prepared to right any wrong immediately and then report back to me when it was completed. As a self-proclaimed control freak, that set me at ease. I trusted her with everything and I was not disappointed. Most importantly, the food was delicious. Everything was completely as described, hot, and abundant. My guests raved about the food and never had empty glasses as they danced the night away. Even staff members left lasting impressions on me and my guests. Bartenders and servers were genuine, kind and gave service to the most premium level. I really felt like I got everything and more with Harvest Moon.

Alayna · Married on 10/13/2017

Harvest Moon (and Sally especially) were so wonderful to work with for our wedding (catering and day-of coordination) in October. Their food was excellent, the staff was incredibly professional, and, most importantly, they literally thought of everything. It really was a pleasure working with them and we highly recommend them to anyone who wants to actually have fun on their wedding day (since someone else is worrying about all the details!).

Heather · Married on 10/07/2017

Sally and her team are truly amazing at what they do. She complied with every single request and took care of us in both service and delicious food! Her team was so sweet, especially the captain the day of! The food was so amazing, and we got to hand curate it ourselves! They are so amenable, so wonderful. The food and service the day of was outstanding. If you are able to request a catering manager I would ask for Sally, she is top notch and a wonderful person to boot. Thanks Harvest Moon! You guys were absolutely wonderful!

Laura · Married on 10/01/2017

Choosing Harvest Moon as our caterer was the best decision we made! The people who work there are amazing-it was so wonderful to be able to rely on them as we planned our daughter's wedding. I didn't have to worry about any detail since I knew I could count on them. Everyone from their catering coordinator, wedding coordinator, chef, bartenders and servers was outstanding and we could not have been more pleased. And the food was absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much!

Briana · Married on 09/23/2017

This vendor felt like part of the family on our wedding day. Amanda was very involved in the process from day one and provided very helpful tips and insight. The staff set up the table decorations exactly like we wanted them, they were nothing but professional, and our "captain" always made sure we had food and drinks in hand. I think I was the rare bride who actually got to eat and drink at her wedding! My friends and family also were very impressed by the quality of food and service. Harvest Moon Catering was attentive to every single detail and it was a huge part of why the night was such a wonderful success.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2017

I can't say enough about Amanda and the team at Harvest Moon. Amanda was an absolute pleasure to work with, from our first meeting at the tasting. The chefs were incredibly flexible, working with me to create a half-vegan/half-non menu that could make everyone happy. The servers were not just professional, but pleasant and kind. And the bartenders! What a blast! Everything was so well-organized. They worked well with my other vendors, and they kept any problems far away from me. Now I just have to figure out how to get them to cater an event for just two... :)

Harvest Moon Catering 9
    Harvest Moon Catering 10
    Harvest Moon Catering 11

Alicia · Married on 08/08/2017

HMC was incredible and really made our wedding day fantastic! From the very beginning, Kelly, our POC was flexible, responsive and extremely helpful. We were able to really customize our menu and Kelly even recommended other vendors in the area to use. We ended up booking our cake baker and transportation based on her recommendations and experience in the Charlottesville area. Throughout the entire process, HMC was involved. Our tasting was incredible (like eating at a restaurant), we had a walk through with Kelly a few months before the wedding in our venue to nail down details and up until the weekend of our wedding, she was available for changes and updates. The entire HMC team executed our wedding vision down to the very last details. The food was delicious and the service was top notch, each team member was pleasant and professional at our event. We would highly recommend this catering company to every person who needs catering services in the Charlottesville area. THANK YOU HARVEST MOON for making our wedding day so special!

Kevin · Married on 06/24/2017

Harvest Moon catered our daughter's wedding this weekend and they were awesome! From our very first contact, they were responsive and professional. Their initial tasting was incredible - and free. Their follow up was prompt and helpful. Shelby was the 'day-of' wedding coordinator and she started several weeks before the wedding. On the day of the wedding Shelby did an amazing job of orchestrating the many people involved and effectively, politely, professionally ran the show. Our guests raved about the food, the culinary presentation and overall service were excellent and the whole event was just perfect!

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

Harvest Moon is the pinnacle of catering services in the Charlottesville area! Their high level of detail planning and quality of food is unmatched by any other company. Sally was our catering manager and was absolutely fantastic! Sally was with us every step of the way in the planning process. She was extremely responsive, professional, and helpful. We felt so comfortable with Sally and the rest of the Harvest Moon staff. We even got to meet the Executive Chef during our pre-wedding tasting. Since Catering is the main vendor on wedding day, we wanted to make sure we picked the best company in the area. Harvest Moon and Sally executed beautifully the day of! Everything went so smoothly. The food presentation on the plate was gorgeous and tasted delicious. Our guests commented how good the food was. Highly recommend using Harvest Moon for weddings or other events. You will not be disappointed! Due to Harvest Moon's great reputation, be sure to book as far in advanced as possible. Thank you to Sally and the rest of the Harvest Moon staff for giving us an unforgettable experience!

Larissa · Married on 05/27/2017

Harvest Moon was incredible to work with, they were recommended to us by everyone we knew in the industry and the area and they did not disappoint. I would 100% recommend them to anyone if you want to ensure your day goes smoothly, that you have people that care working with you, and if you want amazing food that your guests will rave about.

We worked with Kelly Mahanes who was the best, from beginning creating a custom Latin inspired meal, and easily adjusted it down the road when our diets had changed several months later. Her team on the day of truly went above and beyond, they were so invested in making sure everything went smoothly despite the chance of rain and the numerous different options and decisions and added time that would come that. We were assigned a specific team member on the day of, Shelby, who was amazing! She made sure we have food and drinks at all times, she gave me her apron to wipe of the rain we got caught in before the receptions, she stood by my husband with a plate so he could enjoy all the delicious food and mingle at the same time. Our guests also talked about how great the bartenders were, one of the even found one of our groomsmen on the dance floor at last call to personally deliver him one of the signature drinks he had created during the night. They truly went above and beyond in every way and we couldn't be happier we used them, and would use them again in a heartbeat!