Hart to Heart Media Reviews

109 Reviews for Hart to Heart Media

Hart to Heart Media 1
Hart to Heart Media 2

ginger · Married on 06/09/2012

They were wonderful to work with!! You never even noticed them throughout the whole wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2012
  • Bronwyn

Bronwyn · Married on 08/13/2011

Hart to Hart media was wonderful to work with! They were very easy to deal with and weren't too invasive on our big day....they were around when you wanted them to be there, but faded into the background when you didn't want them there. They captured everything we requested and were very diligent in responding to e-mails. I was very pleased with the outcome! Thanks to them, our big day was perfectly captured!

Sent on 02/28/2012

Hart to Heart did a fantastic job capturing our big day into both a feature film as well as a full length edited documentary. The feature film was really well put together and transitioned well through all of the highlights of the day. Everyone we worked with at Hart to Heart was not only professional but incredibly gracious. We could not be happier with the video and look forward to popping it into the DVD player whenever we need a good smile!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Cassie · Married on 10/08/2011

We had doubted that we would really want a wedding movie, but after watching the one that Hart to Heart put together, we are very pleased with our decision to get the movie. It does take a very very long time to get the film back. Our wedding was in the beginning of October, and we didn't get our video until the middle of January. They are pricey, but the quality of the DVDs are very good.

Sent on 03/15/2012

Becky · Married on 07/02/2011

3.5

This was our second family wedding filmed by Thomas. The first wedding was absolutely perfect. The second had too much video of the dance floor and not enough of guests mingling. Overall, he does the finest work of anyone in our area. We were very pleased.

Jennifer · Married on 04/16/2011

3.5

My husband and I were pleased with our video. It did capture all the important events and our guests enjoying themselves at the reception. Christian Chandler was our videographer and he was wonderful. We have watched it several times and all our family did enjoy seeing our special day all over again!

Lisa · Married on 04/09/2011

2.0

They agreed to not film the bride while she was getting ready & they did a great job capturing fabulous shots. They stayed a bit longer to capture the cake cutting & toasts. They ensured that all the moments we wanted were included in the video. They requested songs to include and the end product was awesome!!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Mindy · Married on 03/05/2011

2.2
      1.5
      1.0
      1.0

Make sure you are specific about what you would like included on your video. I didn't and I ended up with 45 minutes of myself and all my bridesmaids dancing and very little else. I had hoped the videographer would have taken more video of the reception area and definately expected more guests to have been included. He basically set up a stand and did not move all night. There was so much more going on at the recption than the videographer included, I was very disappointed.

• W

T · Married on 09/10/2011

1.6
      0.5
      1.5
      0.0

We purchased the “Gold Package” which featured a 2 camera HD shoot by the assistant videographers, not Thomas Hart. We knew this from the beginning; however, Thomas assured me his team was great and that they are requested frequently. The guys who filmed our wedding were very professional. They arrived on time, and we hardly noticed them at all. It took almost four months to receive our wedding video. Thomas communicated this in advance, and I did not mind because I did not want to compromise the quality of the editing process.

However, after waiting four months, I was very disappointed with the final product. Our wedding date was September 10, 2011. We received a video with the caption September 9, 2011. More than half of the video was grainy and did not look HD at all. Thomas said this was due to the low lighting inside the reception venue. I would expect a professional videographer to plan accordingly; they knew in advance the reception would take place inside. The quality of the picture was poor.

Before they begin editing the film, you have to answer a list of questions regarding the editing process. Some of these questions include what style of film you would like (i.e. romantic, cinematic, fun), and specific moments during the wedding that stood out. I noted that we wanted a cinematic style. In fact prior to securing Hart to Heart Media as our wedding videographer, I sent Thomas an example of what we were looking for, and he confirmed that they could definitely deliver the style of video we wanted. He also sent an example trailer that he had edited which looked similar to what we wanted. The video we received was not cinematic at all. I also noted that the toasts made during the reception as events that stood out, and we wanted to see them in the film. They were not in the short film, and the toast portion of the documentary video was completely inaudible due to all of the background noise. Thomas said that this was due to the fact that our DJ did not send the microphone through the feed to their camera.

When I contacted Thomas regarding these issues, he agreed to work as hard as possible to correct the problems, but noted they would not be able to completely eliminate the graininess. They did correct the date, and added a little bit of cinematic music at the beginning of the film. The audio on the toasts was improved some, but the reception portion of the video is still grainy. I am extremely disappointed. We definitely did not received $2,200 worth of service. The video we received was worth at most $1,200, and I feel our video was not given the same level of effort as some of the other videos that this company has produced.

Update 2/16/12 in response to vendor's comments:
    I am trying to ascertain from the comments, "The bride and groom have a dark complexion, which makes it even more difficult in a dark room without any grain", whether an individual has to have a certain skin color to receive a quality video. I find these comments to be very offensive and rude. Perhaps Hart to Heart Media should choose their word selections a little more carefully before personally attacking someone's skin color. I kept my review professional and factual, not once did I personally attack you or any member of your team. The video is grainy in general not just the people in it. This includes background objects too. Did the background objects have a dark complexion too?

Thomas and I both know that my decision to purchase the "Gold" package was based on the discussion we had in which he told me that the only major difference between the two packages is that the "Platinum" package has a superior film look in comparison to the "Gold" when viewed on a HD TV. He said he would notice the difference because he is really into technology, but I would not be able to tell any major differences. By his on admission in an email regarding the first video we received, they made some mistakes in the editing process. We did not just pay to have the moments captured, we paid for an edited HD video. If you want to fabricate stories to denounce a negative review, go ahead. Your words in the above comment speak for themselves.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Hart to Heart Media's reply:

We are very sad that this bride is unhappy. We always do anything within our power to make any problems a client might have right. We feel that this bride was comparing the product she received to our higher-end package. The bride was encouraged before the wedding date to choose the higher-quality package because we knew the lighting situation would be less than preferable. However, she didn't choose those packages and was made aware of the film quality difference prior to booking. We did not miss capturing anything of importance that happened on her wedding day.

The ceremony portion of the video turned out great because the lighting was good. The reception had minimal lighting and we used all supplemental lights we had available to help. The bride and groom have a dark complexion, which makes it even more difficult in a dark room without any grain. There is no way around having grain other than turning on the lights in the room, and the bride had informed us before the date that the reception lighting would be dark, which is why we recommended the package that would work best in that situation. Again, we did our best to inform the bride of this before the wedding date, but she chose to stay with the lower-end package.

The dj was in a different room than where the toasts were happening, and due to that the audio was not audible from the camera feed alone. We plugged an external audio recorder to his board and tested our sound feed before the toasts began. We had to get ready in the other room so that we didn't miss any of the toasts. His speakers weren't audible in the room that the toasts were happening and the microphone gave a very poor quality feed to our recorder.

These are circumstances that can arise, that are beyond our control. We always strive to create the best quality film that we can for our clients. We are sorry that she feels that the value was not there and respect her thoughts. We did everything we could to fix the complaints she had with her film, that was in our power to fix. Overall, we feel that her film turned out nice, and we did everything possible to film and edit it properly.