Harry's Savoy Ballroom Reviews

73 | Wilmington, DE

73 Reviews for Harry's Savoy Ballroom

Melissa Pepe · Getting married on 11/10/2021

Excellent Venue & A Pleasure to Work With

Cindy was excellent to work with over this past year. Even before the pandemic she made us feel comfortable with our choice to host both our ceremony and reception at Harry's. They worked with us through the whole pandemic and having to change our date from May 15, 2020 to October 23, 2020. They really know what they are doing and it just all came together beautifully. I don't think our wedding could have been any more perfect.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Thanks so much Melissa,
    From our first meet I was looking forward to working with both you and Chris. Even with several date changes and some COVID restrictions I knew it would be a great day.

Pamela Rudinoff · Getting married on 08/09/2021

Wedding 2020

Our wedding was wonderful! Recommend Harry's! From start to finish, Cindy was wonderful!! Staff was helpful, friendly!! Food was amazing!! Our family and friends are still talking about how fun it was!!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Pam for the glowing review. We were so honored to be part of your day. It was wonderful watching you and Ryan enjoying your reception with all of you family and friends.
    Thank you again for hosting your wedding at Harry's.
  • Future Mrs. Lewis

shameria owens · Married on 08/30/2020

Tour meet and greet

Met with Cindy, she was amazing. Answered all my questions with ease. I’m booking them for my 2020 wedding.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

It was wonderful meeting with you as well and I am looking forward to working with you as we plan for your 2020 wedding.
    I can't wait to begin the journey!
  • Andy

Andy Kostival · Married on 08/14/2020

Very successful reception in the middle of a pandemic

Cindy Bene and the team at Harry's did an excellent job in making sure that our recent wedding reception was both a festive and safe event. From the start of the planning process through the rescheduling in March and the uncertainty of June, Cindy was there to help us navigate to the finish line in August. With persistent concerns about COVID-19, Cindy offered us the use of a larger space to ensure that we had enough room to safely accommodate our guests. She was very flexible with the arrangement of tables and met our needs completely. Cindy was always available to answer our questions, and she handled our special requests with no hesitation, including a "day of" menu request from the groom. The event staff was professional and courteous throughout the evening, and made sure that the bride and groom had everything they needed. The food was excellent (as expected), with some of our guests raving about the Prime Rib. The atmosphere was joyful throughout, and we could not be happier with the way things turned out. Thank you Harry's!!

Sent on 08/27/2020

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks Andy & Marie for the glowing review. We are so pleased we were able to make your day special. Although the date changed and the guest list was reduced we were happy you were still able to have the experience you hoped for your reception. We were honored to a part of the experience.
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Walker · Married on 07/24/2020

We couldn’t ask for more!

I had the true definition of a covid wedding last month with so many highs and so so many lows. When my PA cancelled my wedding 9 days before the date I was in shock and really had no idea what I was going to do next. Cindy came to the rescue! She immediately made me feel calm and her team went above and beyond anything we could have ever asked for. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the attention to detail from Antoinette (captain) words cant describe. They set up all of our decorations for us and replicated my vision. Cindy and her team made our wedding disaster into a perfect fairytale wedding. Thank you to moon and back for everything!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie. We were so pleased to be able to step in and assist you with your special day. We loved the opportunity work with a bride so pleasant and willing to adjust despite the situation. Although the guest list was smaller than you planned we were delighted to create the slightly more intimate wedding you envisioned . Thanks again
  • Celeste

Celeste Floyd-Frazier · Married on 05/05/2020

Beautiful Venue for a Reasonable Price

My wedding reception was less than 50 guests and Harry's gave me the professionalism, quality service and great value as if it was for a reception of 500. Beautiful venue (Patio Room) and even accommodated a guest that arrived extremely late. My coordinator was wonderful, answering any question I had and the staff was awesome. Will have future events at Harry's Savoy and Ballroom.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review. The entire staff enjoyed being part of you day. We were so pleased you were able to host your intimate reception on a beautiful sun-filled afternoon in our outdoor courtyard and Patio Room.

Stacey Coupe · Married on 10/26/2019

10.26.19 Wedding

Cindy is AMAZING. Amazing. Our wedding day was a dream come true. Cindy is a class act. As someone with serious anxiety, Cindy made things easy and seamless leading up to the big day. I knew she had it under control. She is so incredibly sweet and knowledgeable. Not only did she keep the cocktail hour and reception on pace, she fixed my dress for me on 2 separate issues. Harry’s was the perfect spot for our reception. We had almost 190 people so don’t be worried if you have a large group- everyone fits comfortably.
    Cindy- thank you for EVERYTHING.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Stacey, Thanks so much for the glowing review. We were honored to be part of your wedding day. Working with you and your whole family was an absolute delight.
  • Theresa

Theresa Lewis · Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing - I wouldn't choose another place

Harry's was amazing. I had wedding coordinator, but Harry's pretty much does everything the day of. The entire crew was amazing. I had Cindy Bene as my planner. She was awesome and answered every voice mail and email timely. Provided suggestions, recommendations, and just all around amazing. I would recommend them time and time again. Loved it.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much for selecting Harry's. We were absolutely thrilled to be part of your wedding day. We're happy we were able to leave you with a day you will always cherish.

Theresa A Harmon · Married on 11/17/2018

Cindi ia an asset to Harry's

John and I were so happy we choose Harry's for our wedding ceremony and reception. Cindi worked with us setting up both rooms as we had planned, she always responded to my emails/phone calls within a 1/2 an hour, she was up and down the stairs as the bridal party got dressed to accommodate our needs. Cindi was there making sure our wedding day was a success, she kept everything flowing smoothly. If planning an event at Harry's, the food is good, the atmosphere and décor is good but having Cindi for a coordinator is the best reason to choose Harry's. Our only downside, we had a sweets table but weren't too pleased with the selection.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much Theresa and John for hosting your wedding celebration here. We were honored you selected Harry's and loved being part of your special day!

Meaghan · Married on 09/15/2018

I don’t even know where to begin. From the moment we met with Cindy at Harry’s we knew it was for us. I’ve been to many events there so I know the food was amazing and the space gorgeous. Cindy and her team completely blew us away! The cocktail hour space and ballroom were beautifully decorated (with minimal decorations by us) and the food was over the top delicious! Cindy was quick to respond to my emails (even when she was on vacation!!!) and went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would hands down recommend Harry’s Savoy for anyone looking for a venue. Thanks again Cindy and team!!
    Meaghan & Steve
    9.15.18

Sent on 09/18/2018

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

We love to hear we were able to help make you wedding the perfect day you hoped it would be. Our entire staff enjoyed working with you and you guests.
    Thanks so much for choosing Harry's Savoy Ballroom.

Roger · Married on 05/27/2018

Cindy was amazing! So personable, and so responsive!! We got married Memorial Day weekend, and you would think we were the only event going on that weekend! The epitome of professionalism and class!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Terri · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I were very pleased. We appreciate the assistance of the planner working with our budget and getting us to where we were comfortable and could have a nice reception. The professionalism shows that your employees know their business. The hospitality to my guests was wonderful. They enjoyed the food, the ambiance, the courtyard and your staff for all that they did.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you, Terri, for selecting Harry's for your special day. It was an honor to work with both of you from our first meeting right through your wedding reception. Knowing exactly what you wanted helped us customize a reception menu that was perfect for the two of you.

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Harry’s Savoy was an amazing venue! It was more than anything I could have imagined! And Cindy was super helpful!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks Megan, we were thrilled to be part of your day. Our goal is to create the wedding reception you always wanted. We truly appreciated the opportunity to do that for you.

Jess · Married on 04/07/2018

My fiancé and I looked at many places to have our wedding. Harry’s always stood out to us because we have always heard their customer service is great! We met with Cindy (the wedding coordinator) there and she is so organized kind compassionate and very knowledgeable. She was really the reason why we chose the venue. She made our decision so much easier. When you pick your wedding venue you really have to have a good relationship with the coordinator since you will be working with them for about a year before your event. Cindy always got back to us through email or phone call within 30 minutes of us reaching out to her. She was always available to help with any questions or concerns we had. From the rehearsal to the actual wedding it was the best experience of my life. Planning your wedding is essentially planning the biggest party you will ever throw in your life. Everything from beginning to end was perfect and we experienced absolutely no issues or problems at all! Not only was Cindy incredible but all of the staff members that helped to make our wedding happen were perfection! I really could go on for hours about how happy my now husband and I are for having our wedding at Harry’s Savoy ballroom. If you decide to choose this place for your wedding you will be thrilled! I would absolutely recommend having your wedding here. Their prices are reasonable and their food is unbelievably delicious!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much, Jess. We truly enjoyed working with both of you through out the entire planning process. We were honored when you selected Harry's to host your wedding and overjoyed as we experienced the day with you. At the end we were so pleased to hear just how much everyone enjoyed your special day.

Sara · Married on 11/11/2017

We chose Harry's because of their incredible service and award-winning food. Our wedding cake was simply gorgeous and absolutely delicious! Cindy Bene was phenomenal! We live halfway across the country, but wanted to have our wedding in Delaware where all our family lives. From the first time we met with Cindy, we knew that she was a professional. We only met with her twice as we couldn't travel back much to plan things in person. We communicated via email to get everything planned and organized. She was extremely helpful guiding us through the process and making suggestions based on her experience with coordinating events at Harry's Savoy Ballroom. We were able to send Cindy example pictures/videos of how we wanted our napkins folded, and our centerpieces and table decor arranged. We dropped our supplies off a few days before our wedding, and Cindy made sure everything was perfect for our wedding! Twice a year, the venue hosts a wedding expo that features tons of vendors, which was extremely helpful. Our family was able to attend one of these expos and gave us feedback on what vendors we should select for our wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Sara, I truly enjoyed working with you both from a distance and finally when we were able to execute the vision you wanted for your wedding We were honored to share in your special day and appreciate the complimentary review.

Ryan · Married on 11/04/2017

Harry's was the perfect venue for our wedding.

The wedding coordinator there, Cindy, was super helpful, always responded to emails quickly, and went above and beyond to make sure every detail was exactly how we wanted it. She was also flexible with the package to allow us to replace stuff we didn't want. During the ceremony and reception, Cindy made sure everything happened right on time. Her suggestions made everything flow really nicely.

The food was excellent. It was served hot and tasted just as good for all 108 people as it did during our tasting. And the cheesesteaks at the end were the best thing ever.

The staff was all very friendly and helpful, too.

Thanks for all your help, Cindy!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much Ryan and Amanda for choosing Harry's Savoy Ballroom for your wedding reception We were honored to be a part of you special day and loved ever minute of working with both of you.

Nicole · Married on 07/16/2017

We had our ceremony and wedding at Harrry's and it was perfect. Cindy, our event coordinator, was amazing and went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a hitch. The food was great and the service was fantastic.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Nicole we were so delighted to be a part of your wedding day. You and Jeremy were such a pleasure to work with and our entire staff wishes you both all the best!

Brigid · Married on 03/25/2017

We had an fantastic experience at Harry's! Cindy was so easy to communicate with and answered every single question we had! All of our guest were blown away by the food and decor at Harry's. I would absolutely recommend Harry's to anybody looking for a venue that's professional, beautiful, and easy to work with!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much Brigid for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to be included in your special day.

Carla · Married on 12/31/2016

Wonderful! Classy! Perfect for our New Year's 2016 Wedding!!!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Hi Carla,
    Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to host your wedding reception. Hopefully a New Year Eve celebration enjoyed by all!
    Thanks again,
    CIndy

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Cindy was great! Any questions I had she answered and would respond quickly. Food and service were excellent.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Ashley, thanks so much for the review. We were so pleased to be included in your special day and help make it a day you will always remember.

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Harry's was the perfect place to have my wedding! I only have three months notice for my reception with a headcount of 120 and they accommodated me and my husband with no problem. We had a lobster surf and turf dinner that my friends are still raving about. The gelato station for a dessert made my husband so happy. Cindi went above and beyond to make my reception wonderful.

Mrs. Amanda Quinn

Sent on 09/21/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much for selecting Harry's to host your wedding reception. Although your planning time was short you were so easy to work with and knew exactly what you wanted. We were happy to make your day simply perfect!

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Every time I needed something they were extremely helpful. Guests from my wedding told me how wonderful the staff was. They went above and beyond for my small wedding. The room was perfect and it was connected to an outside Patio which was perfect for pictures and getting fresh air with still have the privacy of my own party! Thanks Harry's you are awesome!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. The staff at Harry's was happy to be part of your special day.

Leigh · Married on 07/23/2016

We used Harry's Savoy Ballroom for our July wedding and we were absolutely FLOORED by how flawless Cindy and the crew made the wedding go. Our guests complimented about the food (which was DELICIOUS), the atmosphere, and the professionalism of the staff all night. For us, it was a wonderful value. Flowers, limo, and cake were included and a lot of the little accessories Harry's had as well. We were still able to add our own little touches to the wedding and it turned out wonderful. Cindy was amazing to work with, even with all of my crazy requests!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Leigh for hosting your wedding reception here at Harry's Savoy Ballroom. We are so pleased we could be part of the first day of your life together and thrilled everything went just as you hoped. Working with both of you was our pleasure and we are grateful for the opportunity.

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2016

Everything was absolutely perfect! Cindy was so great to work with and everyone on the day of made it so smooth and enjoyable. They really took the time to make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed, that we stayed hydrated and fed, and that we enjoyed ourselves. We heard nothing but rave reviews from all of our guests and would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for selecting Harry's for your wedding reception and we appreciate your review. It was a pleasure to be a part of your day.

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

I am so thankful we went with Harry's! The location is very convenient and the ballroom, hallway, cocktail room and patio were gorgeous. People kept commenting how much they loved it! The prices are phenomenal and include a lot of extras (6 passenger limo, flower centerpieces, etc.). Cindy was our wedding coordinator and so easy to work with. She made sure every detail was exactly how we wanted it. We had a blast, thank you Harry's!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Harry's Savoy Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Matt for selecting Harry's. We were so honored to be part of your day and loved to the opportunity to make your day special.