Harry Caray's Lombard Reviews

Harry Caray's Lombard 1
  • Amy

Amy O'brien · Married on 10/13/2018

Everything we dreamed of

The food was out of this world, with generous portions. Not "wedding food". The room was beautiful and spacious, very easy to customize and fit all of our details. The staff was awesome, so professional and attentive.

Harry Caray's Lombard 2

Michael · Married on 07/14/2018

If you want a reception that is classy, elegant and unforgettable..book your daughters reception here! We had our daughters reception here a few weeks ago..we are still getting compliments on how wonderful and exciting it was!! The food and service are first class..the patio is a dream...and did I mention Beth? She handled our reception from A to Z...every detail..every question..was attended to....my daughter had nothing to worry about..Beth took care of everyting for her...and us! Beth..you are amazing and you are excellent at your job...you should be hosting events at the White House!! Thank you again for making our night seem like it was the only event on your plate...

Sent on 08/05/2018

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a wonderful review! We truly enjoyed planning this wedding with you, Jaimie & Chris! Our entire staff is something to be very proud of & we'll be sure to share your feedback with the banquet team! We hope you'll stop in some time for a wonderful dinner & say hello to Beth!

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2018

We had an incredible experience at Harry Caray’s! Henry was amazing to work with. He checked in with us often throughout the entire process and was always quick to respond to even the simplest question. At our reception, we had countless compliments about the venue and food. We cannot recommend Harry Caray’s enough!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a great review! We're very proud of our staff & food, we'll be sure to share this with the banquet team. Be sure to stop by some time & say hello to Henry!

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2017

There are not enough words to describe how happy we are with Harry Caray's for our wedding reception. Beth was exceptional and went above and beyond all of our expectations. She made sure the night ran smoothly and even set aside a plate of appetizers for us that we were able to enjoy. She was attentive throughout the whole process and responded to all emails instantly. She made us feel comfortable and worked with us every step of the way. The ballroom was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for our simple, classy, elegant theme. The terrace was perfect for pictures. We received nothing but compliments for the beautiful venue. We could not ask for more.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Thank you Sarah & Michael for such a great review! Those appetizers are a very important part of the night, we've gotta make sure you eat what you picked out! We enjoyed making everything perfect for you both & we hope to see you in the restaurant some time soon!
  • Zach & Sara

Sara · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our wedding at Harry Caray's in Lombard and it was the most amazing venue! From day 1, my husband and I felt comfortable and excited about our decision. Beth, the on-site coordinator was such a pleasure to work with. She responded very quickly to emails, questions, requests and on the day of, was my savior. The food was beyond delicious; we received so many compliments that the pork chop was cooked to perfection and that the braised beef was melt in your mouth. The venue itself is so beautiful, you get the ballroom feel with steakhouse quality food and staff. We thought it was very reasonably priced, especially considering the superb quality. My husband and I had the best day of our lives and are so very thankful to all the staff at Harry Caray's.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Sara & Zach, We really appreciate you submitting such a great review! We're thrilled to hear of so many things exceeding your expectations! Our staff is one of the best around & we'll be sure to share this feedback with them. Be sure to come back & see us soon, bring your friends!

kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

The venue is amazing, the food is delish. Beth and Alyssa are great. Definetly reccomend!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Kristen! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a nice review. It's great to hear that everything met your needs & expectations! We really enjoyed planning your wedding with you & we hope to see you in our restaurant some time!

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

We could not be more happy with our experience of having our wedding at Harry Caray’s in Lombard! One of the biggest reasons we chose to have our wedding at Harry Caray’s was how amazingly helpful and accommodating Beth was when we initially went to check out the venue. During our planning process, we worked with Beth and Alyssa, who both were so incredible with communication and getting back to our emails and phone calls so quickly. Any idea or recommendation we asked for, they found a way to make it work for us!

Leading up to our wedding day, we worked with Alyssa who helped us with multiple meetings including our food tasting and linen choices. She let us drop off our decorations a week early and went through all the final details of our day. Alyssa even contacted all of our vendors the week before our wedding to coordinate everything with them. She attended our rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly on our day, and she helped us set up a “happy hour” after our rehearsal at the Harry Caray’s Bar. I felt so calm and relaxed knowing that I could count on Alyssa to take care of everything for us. On the day of our wedding, she had all of our decorations set up beautifully. She checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. She even left a plate of all of our appetizers at our wedding table because she knew we would be too busy to have them during our cocktail hour. After the wedding, she collected all of our decorations and kept them for me until I could pick them up later in the week. She even kept the top tier of our cake to give to us!

I also loved the set up of the Harry Caray’s Ballroom including the large room, high ceilings with floor to ceiling windows, and walkout terrace with a fire pit that we used for our cocktail hour. The chairs and decor of the room was tasteful and classy, and we loved the black and white old Wrigley Field photos on the walls. It was very convenient having the Westin Hotel attached.

Lynne · Married on 12/31/2016

Harry Caray's Lombard did a fabulous job with our wedding. We were nothing but thrilled with their services! Beth Jostes was amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and made sure we were nothing but happy!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review!! We're thrilled to hear that our staff, service & atmosphere met your needs and expectations. Don't be a stranger, we hope to see you in our restaurant some time!

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Harry Caray's Lombard was the location of our wedding reception. It's a great venue with max. capacity around 300 people. Our group of 250 was very comfortable. Additionally all of our guests had only positive things to say about Harry Caray's. Beth Jostes was our event coordinator. She was very professional, and easy to work with. We could not have done it without her.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review!! We truly enjoyed working with you & your family! So great to hear all the positive feedback you're receiving, makes our job that much more enjoyable! We hope to see you in our restaurant some time, be sure to say hello!

Emily · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Harry Caray's ballroom in Lombard this past September and absolutely loved it! Beth was so easy to work with, and everything came together perfectly. The space was absolutely gorgeous, and everyone loved the outdoor cocktail hour overlooking the water. The food was incredible and the service was great too! Many of our guests stayed at the Westin that is attached with our room block which worked out great. Wish we could do it again! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Emily, Thank you for choosing Harry Caray's Lombard & I'm very glad to hear that our staff, service & atmosphere met your needs and expectations. You and your family were such a pleasure to work with. Your wedding photos are absolutely stunning, we love them so much we've used a few for marketing!! We look forward to welcoming you & Jason back to our restaurant in the near future!

We had our daughters wedding reception and rehearsal dinner at Harry Caray's in Lombard, IL. The wedding reception was in Harry Caray's Grand Ballroom and the rehearsal dinner was in their fish restaurant Holly Mackerel. Both were perfect! Working with Beth Jostes, the Catering Sales Manager was wonderful. Beth made everything easy (which is what you want when planning a wedding reception). She is experienced, cooperative, helpful and a pleasure to deal with and she made what our daughter envisioned a reality. The ballroom was spectacular and the food was beyond delicious. They exceeded our expectations in everyway! For us, when choosing the venue, we wanted the reception to be a NIGHT TO REMEMBER, and Harry Caray's definitely achieved it for us! We highly recommend them.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

I couldn't have chosen a better place to have my reception at!
    The food was fantastic and so much better than that plain banquet food you normally get at weddings. My husband and I are huge foodies and that was so important to us that our menu be unique and reflective of our favorites!
    I worked with two catering managers as one left in the middle of planning. Danny was fantastic to work with in the beginning while working out all the contract details and payment schedules. When he left I was a little worried but really had no reason to be as Beth did a absolute outstanding job tending to my needs. I let her know right off the bat that I was a particular bride and knew what I wanted and she knew I was a part of the wedding industry too!
    We worked very well together to make the day perfect. She answered all my emails and phone calls quickly and was always happy to help!
    My wedding reception went off without a hitch from the intros, to the dances, to the speeches, to the service of dinner and late night snacks!
    At my wedding we had a couple of wedding crashers from the wedding next door and one of the servers, Adriana, was amazing and chased those girls right out the door and got the favors back that they were trying to steal! You were fantastic! Thank you!
    I knew from the beginning I needed a wedding venue that was willing to work with me on my visions and Harry Caray's in Lombard exceeded every expectation I had and more!
    Thank you Danny, Beth, Enrique and the entire banquet staff at Harry Caray's! You made our day that much more special!

Lisa · Married on 09/15/2012

Harry Caray's is THE BEST place to have a wedding reception. The food was amazing (not typical wedding food). The coordinator for Harry Caray's (Debi) worked with us the entire time and was so nice. She would answer emails within a day and was able to change anything we needed up to a day before the event. The steaks were absolutely delicious and everyones was cooked to a perfect medium. We are so happy we went with them for our reception!

• Molly

Molly · Married on 08/27/2011

Our August 27, 2011 wedding was at the Harry Caray’s ballroom at the Westin in Lombard and it was amazing. Migdalia is delightful to work with and was really great every step of the way. We really appreciated that all of the costs were up front, there were no hidden cake cutting fees or linen fees. Also, the ballroom is so beautiful, there is no need for chair covers or other decorations, which was great. The staff was amazing to work with. The food was out of this world. We still have guests calling us to tell us it was the best steak they ever had in their life and they were amazed that this food was being served at a wedding. The atmosphere was wonderful. We had a very large wedding, but the setting was intimate. Our guests loved the outdoor terrace and it was a wonderful setting to enjoy the evening, both the cocktail hour and the rest of the night. We are so happy that we chose the Harry Caray’s Ballroom. We felt that the staff went out of their way to make our wedding day truly amazing. We were also thrilled with the vendors that they recommended, especially Creative Cakes Bakery in Tinley Park. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Our guests have been telling us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We agree, but we are admittedly biased. We really could not be more thrilled with our choice to have our wedding at the Harry Caray’s at the Westin in Lombard.

Kim · Married on 09/05/2010

This place is AMAZING. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the food and service are outstanding. We just had our ceremony and reception at Harry Caray's, and our wedding coordinator, Migdalia Melendez was so easy to work with and made the whole entire process stress free. She truly became a friend of ours. My photographer even said that I was the least stressed out bride she had ever seen. It is truly worth every penny, after all your wedding is one of the biggest days of your life. Thank you Migdalia!

shan · Married on 08/13/2010

The BEST of the BEST!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2010

I LOVE the Ballroom at Harry Caray's in Lombard. It has a neutral decor with floor to ceiling windows leading to a private, outside terrace overlooking greenery and a pond. The food was outstanding and the catering manager, Migdalia Melendez, was fabulous to work with throughout the entire process. She was flexible, accommodating and extremely responsive. She had great ideas and was so helpful throughout. She helped us with the menu a few times and was great when we had to make last minute changes due to guest cancellations. We did not have a wedding planner, so I was nervous, but with the extremely high level of customer service, attention to the smallest of detail, and amazing food there was no way to go wrong! My wedding reception was truly amazing in large part due our choice in venue. If I had to do it again, I would absolutely choose Harry Caray's!!

Heather · Married on 05/08/2009

First of all, I plan events for a living and I was looking to do a fabulous wedding that our guests would enjoy just as much as we do, so I was picky in thsi process. We went to many different places looking for something that really could accommodate all the things we wanted (great food, location, hotel rooms, unique set-up) and we definitely found it at Harry Caray's.

What I love about Harry Caray's is that it is such a blank slate in regards to the nuetral colors of the rooms. You could have a hot pink and blue wedding or a white wedding and come out with amazing results since there are not harsh patterns to compete with.

The one thing that set apart this ballroom from other for me was that you did not feel boxed into four walls. They have one entire wall that are windows and doors that lead out to a privte terrace that overlooks a pond. It is quite beautiful and works well for people who need fresh air, but do not need to leave the party entirely.

Also, let me just talk about the food, WOW! Amazing. Since it is restaurant quality food but they can cater for banquets that was definitely a plus in out book. Ann Marie is the Catering Director there. She is outstanding and was very organized with the event. Every last minute change I had she was right there to add and delete and make it happen. Harry Caray's works with Rolf's Patiserrie to make an outstanding cake for your wedding that is included with the package. We custom designed our cake and the groom's cake (philadelphia eagles helmet) and they turned out GREAT! Also we worked with their lighting crew at the Westin (that is attached) to create ambience and also they work directly with Eved Services for the linens and any other services you may need. So althought Harry Caray's is just the venue they went above and beyond with servicing us on all aspects.

We had out cocktail hour on the terrace and it was absolutely breathtaking. There are also other options to have it indoors if it rains so that is nice that you have plan B and C. Also you can work directly with the hotel on setting up a room block at an amazing rate and since it is attached you do not have to worry about people driving, etc. Very convenient and the rooms are outstanding! They even gave us our complimentary bride and groom suite!

I wish I woulc post photos on here, but look for my other reviews where you can find photos. Go check it out, it is definitely all that I am making it out to be.

Cherie · Married on 08/31/2008

Ann Marie and Migdalia were beyond accomodating. The food was AWESOME! Everyone just loved the food. The banquet room is very contemporary, it's not your typical banquet room with big old chandeliers. It's got a young vibe to it and we are Cubs fans so this worked out great! We incorporated some Cubs stuff into the reception. They have a beautiful terrace off the banquet room and we had a satellite bar out there. It was a warm summer night so everyone loved to go out and enjoy the beautiful night, plus people who smoked didn't have to go far from the party! The room was great, the food was great, everything was just great! We had a blast and so did our guests. Plus it's located in the Westin hotel so we a free suite with our package with Harry Caray's and guests got a discount on rooms and the Westin is a beautiful hotel so it was great to not have to worry about guests driving home and having them stay at such a nice hotel. They have everything you need, if you want chair covers, they have them, but the linens that come with the package are beautiful as well.

Jonathan · Married on 10/26/2013

Harry Caray's was an amazing place to hold a wedding! The Westin Hotel is attached, so guests were able to stumble up afterwards to their rooms, though it wasn't the best service I've had staying at a ritzy hotel. But the event staff at Harry Caray's was fantastic - Kristen is a great coordinator and was very responsive, professional, friendly, and a joy to work with! The only drawback was that the cleanup staff took some of our wedding favors off the table before we had a chance to grab them; however, in the grand scheme of things, this is a FANTASTIC place to have a wedding! Thanks again!

Beth Jostes was so incredibly kind, professional, and knowledgeable in the realm of parties and events. Beth and her team made our wedding an unforgettable night of timely accommodations and flexibility, great dancing, delicious food, and an incredible moment to spark the future years and years of wonderful marriage. We were so thankful to choose such a wonderful venue and staff to cater for our wedding. A few of my guests loved it so much that they decided they'd have their wedding there as well! Brides, you will not regret booking at Harry Caray's in Lombard!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Thank you for choosing Harry Caray's Lombard & I'm very glad to hear that our staff, service & atmosphere met your needs and expectations. You Both were such a pleasure to work with, then such a fun wedding with excellent music choices & adorable fish bowls!! We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the near future!

We had a beautiful reception at Harry Caray's. Our guests continue to compliment on their meals and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The room looked beautiful, servers were great, the dance floor was nice. The staff was very accomodating and helpful in the end of the wedding planning process.

One thing, it was difficult obtaining a block of rooms for our guests with the Westin because there was a convention going on. So my advice would be to check with the Westin before booking your wedding here.

Kim · Married on 10/23/2010

Because of Migdalia and the Harry Caray's staff, we had our dream wedding! We definitely got our money's worth. Our guests raved about how this was the best wedding with the best food with the best service. All the pre-wedding planning was allevated by the hard work of our coordinator, Migdalia. Harry Caray's - if you are reading this, I hope you pay her well for all the hard work and time she puts in to making our dreams come true. She was with us every step of the way, making sure we had everything covered and were on the same page. Again, the food was great, room was elegant yet modern, staff was attentive. We had a great wedding!

• W

Wendy · Married on 11/01/2014

Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception with approx 200 guests was held here a few months ago. The evening was spectacular. The food was amazing. The bar service and table service was top notch. We worked with Kristen, who was very professional and always on top of things that night as well as the months prior to the wedding. The evening went off without a hitch. At our tasting a few months earlier it was hard to choose which food to serve because it was all delicious. The Ballroom was grand. Plenty of room on the dance floor and between tables. It was also nice to be able to step outside on the balcony in the evening. Having the Westin Hotel attached was a plus for our out of town guests and for us. We would recommend Harry Caray's.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/25/2016

Beth and her team were wonderful! When we originally booked we had booked with another person and when he left, I got a little nervous. However Alyssa and Beth took over, and they were a great team. Beth was incredibly helpful the day before and the day of our wedding. Couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Harry Caray's Lombard's reply:

Hello Elizabeth! Thank you for taking the time to submit such a wonderful review!! Glad to hear you were so well taken care of by the whole Catering Team!! We hope to see you in our restaurant some time, be sure to say hello!