Shelley Otis Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Caroline
    Caroline S. Married on 06/10/2022

Hire Shelley!

We hired Shelley to play for our cocktail hour and ceremony. Her gorgeous harp music was the perfect touch. She even learned a few new songs for our walk down the aisle and for our flower girls. Our guests were dazzled and it made for the loveliest ambiance. Hire Shelley!!!
    Courtney H. Married on 05/22/2022

One of my favorite parts of our wedding day

I was so excited when we hired Shelley - she was one of our first vendors! When I imagined walking down the aisle, I envisioned a harp playing. Shelley made this dream a reality and truly created a magical atmosphere during the ceremony and cocktail hour. She even learned a new song just for us, and had so much music to choose from on her page. Working with her was completely seamless, and we couldn’t be happier. Her pricing is very fair and she is a true professional. Very flexible and kind. We would 100% reccommend to anyone getting married to book Shelley right away. Thank you so so much, Shelley. We are so grateful we got to work with you!
    Sydney M. Married on 05/15/2022

An amazing addition to our ceremony!

Shelley was amazing to work with. We booked her in early 2020 but due to Covid had to hold off until 2022. Shelley was responsive and great to work with throughout the long wait. On the day, she totally exceeded our expectations! We're still getting compliments on the music. Shelley, thank you for making our day extra special!

Shelley Otis's reply:

You are most welcome Sydney!! You have been wonderful to work with this whole time. I’m so glad that everyone enjoyed the music. Your ceremony was beautiful…thanks for having me be a part of it!
  • Brian
    Brian Married on 02/26/2022

5 stars - amazing

Shelley was AMAZING for our wedding! I cannot put in words how perfect it was to have her playing at our ceremony. It truly felt like she amplified the emotions and love that was in that room with her music. The amount of compliments we received from our guests about the ceremony music was amazing as well. THANK YOU so much! Couldn't recommend Shelley more!!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you so much! You were both glowing that day, and I’m really glad I could be a part of such a special moment. Thanks for having me at your wedding 😊
    Michelle Married on 10/16/2021

A m a z i n g

Shelley is amazing, professional and so talented. She was the harpist at our ceremony and cocktail hour and our guests raved about her talent. She was so sweet to work with and learned a song specifically for us. Do not walk, RUN!!! To book Shelley for your event!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Michelle! I’m glad everyone enjoyed the music. I had fun learning that song as well, espeically after discovering what it meant to your personal story of how you met. Wishing you both much happiness!
  • Eli
    Eli P. Married on 10/04/2021

Shelley's music added a wonderful touch and created a meaningful wedding day!

It was a pleasure to have Shelley play during our small outdoor wedding. She was happy to learn 2 new compositions on the harp for our entrance and exit ("When the Stars go Blue" and "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"), and arranged them spectacularly. All our guests commented on how beautiful her music was, and it really made the day! Shelley also offered excellent suggestions, including playing "Erev Shel Shoshanim" during our ring exchange, and gorgeous classical compositions during photo sessions. We highly recommend her to anyone wanting beautiful harp music that will be remembered for a lifetime.

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Eli! I really enjoyed getting to know both of you, and it was fun to put the music together for your wedding. And I really liked learning both of those songs. I’m glad you had me be a part of your wedding. Wishing you both all the best!
    Meghan M. Married on 09/03/2021

Beautiful Harp Music

Shelley added the most elegant touch to our special day! Professional and a pleasure to work with!
    Her sound was beautiful and clear both outside for the ceremony and inside for cocktail hour. Guests of all ages enjoyed her wide range of genres and artists.
    If you debating adding live music to your wedding or next event: it’s so worth it!!!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Meghan! I really enjoyed working with you and I am happy that I could contribute to your wedding. Wishing you both all the best!
  • Taylor
    Taylor M. Married on 07/04/2021

Beautiful Ceremony

Shelly was absolutely amazing and ensured we had a beautiful ceremony. We loved her and would recommend her to anyone!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thanks Taylor! I really appreciate the kind words. I enjoyed working with you and putting together the music for your ceremony. Wishing you both all the best in the world!
  • F
    Felix Married on 07/04/2021

Shelley Otis

Shelley was great! She’s awesome at what she does. She will make your wedding better! Highly recommend!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Felix! I have enjoyed working with you both. Thanks for having me be a part of your wedding!
  • Julianne
    Julianne B. Married on 06/10/2021

Absolutely perfect!

We were so lucky to have Shelley be a part of our special day! Leading up to the wedding, she was super communicative and helped us in creating and customizing a music setlist for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. She has the sweetest, warmest energy and is wildly talented -- her music truly made for such a memorable and special ceremony. So many of our guests came up to us at different points to let us know how much they enjoyed her music. I can't recommend her enough!!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Julianne! I’m glad everyone enjoyed the music. It was such a beautiful day and lovely setting. Thank you for having me be a part of it!
    Tom D. Married on 06/05/2021

A Beautiful, Elegant Touch to Our Ceremony

We were so lucky to have Shelley at our wedding. She’s an incredibly talented harpist, and a very kind person. Our guests told us they were tearing up before the ceremony even started because of her music alone.

I can’t imagine we were the easiest wedding she’s ever done, as we were planning it during COVID and had a lot of our own ideas for the music we wanted to hear. Shelley was patient and flexible with us the entire time, and we were so impressed by the songs she learned just for our ceremony.

We highly recommend working with Shelley (and listening to her music on Spotify)!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you so much Tom! I really enjoyed putting together the music for your wedding. The songs you chose were interesting and fun for me to arrange and play. The Anastasia song is beautiful on the harp and is one I’ll definitely be using more. Wishing you both much happiness in this next step of your life together!
    Miriam B. Married on 03/10/2021

Exquisite musician, delightful professional, wedding must-have!

We absolutely loved having Shelley play at our ceremony and cocktail hour at Blithewold (Bristol, RI). The music was absolutely exquisite, perfect, and magical. We loved how the sound of the harp carried through the gardens, and the music during cocktail hour was both whimsical and cozy. Shelley was wonderful to work with: very responsive, organized, and eager to make the experience perfect for us. She was very attentive to our guidelines for type of music and she was happy to learn a new piece for us. The beautiful sound of her harp was the perfect classical and jazz accompaniment to our magical day and working with her was pleasure. We highly recommend Shelley!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Miriam! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding, and getting to know you as we worked together. It was a beautiful day…thanks for having me be a part of it! Wishing you both much happiness in the years to come.
  • Haley
    Haley Married on 10/17/2020

Perfection!

We were lucky enough to have Shelley play our wedding ceremony music, and she was my favorite part of our day! Shelley is so talented - she played absolutely beautifully and added such a special touch to the ceremony. Our guests were so impressed, and so were we. Shelley was so easy to work with, very responsive, and great with communication during the planning process. Thank you Shelley!

Shelley Otis's reply:

You are most welcome Haley! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding. I loved being up on the mountain, and the view created such a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony, especially the way the sun was shining on you both as you said your vows. Thanks for having me be a part of your day :-)
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Married on 10/09/2020

I felt like walking in the clouds!

I can't say enough of Shelley, she was so sweet and fun to work with, she was very accommodating with our venue and music choices. She was very professional and such a lovely lady. I enjoyed having her music at our ceremony so so much!, received tons of complements. It just took our ceremony experience to another level, unforgettable...

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you so much Jeanette! I really enjoyed meeting you. I'm so happy that everyone liked the music and I'm glad that I could be a part of your wedding. Wishing you both much happiness!
  • Nicole
    Nicole P. Married on 10/02/2020

Absolutely wonderful!

Shelley was absolutely wonderful from the very start. She was so easy to work with and made sure that everything was just perfect for our special day. She has a great list of songs she can play and was open to learning new songs that we had requested. We had to change things up for our wedding into a smaller ceremony this year due to Covid, but she was there with us through it all and helped relieve a lot of stress!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Nicole! I'm so glad I could be a part of your wedding. I really enjoyed meeting and working with both of you!! Wishing you both much happiness!
  • Avery
    Avery Married on 09/12/2020

Elegance, Delight, and Joy

Pre-covid, Shelley was not one of our original vendors, but if there was good to come out of covid, it was in being able to hire Shelley for our intimate wedding! When we first hired Shelley, we thought we only needed music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. When we changed our plans (again) to have a full ceremony and reception for 30 people, Shelley seamlessly worked with us not only to learn two new songs, but to add a violinist and percussionist to our day to make sure all our needs were covered (and Cami and Fabio were truly fabulous)!

Shelley's music is beautiful. She has an astounding repertoire of music that was nothing short of delightful on our wedding day. Shelley moved effortlessly from playing songs like Hallelujah during our ceremony (for which there wasn't a dry eye in the house) to playing Taylor Swift cover songs (which had everyone in awe, giggling, and bopping around). We, our families, and our guests were nothing short of thrilled by the music that Shelley provided - she added such joy, elegance, and wonder to our celebration. At the end of the evening, Shelley asked us if she could play one more song, as if there was any chance in the world that we wouldn't want to hear more from Shelley! One of my favorite memories of the day was dancing with my family to that last song.

Working with Shelley was easy - she is compassionate and passionate about what she does. We requested a recording of our first dance song so we could practice, and Shelley got us the most beautiful recording in ONE DAY. Not only that, Shelley told us that what she gave us was a rough copy - it was beautiful and I am dying to have other recordings from Shelley. Any wedding would be that much better with Shelley, and I am forever grateful that we were gifted the chance to work with her and to have her music surrounding us throughout our day.

Shelley Otis's reply:

Avery, thank you so much for all the kind things you said! I’m so happy that you liked the music. You were a pleasure to work with, and I—we—had a lot of fun putting together the music for each segment of your wedding. I loved it when you all started dancing. There’s nothing else that tells a musician better that people are enjoying the music. I wish you both much happiness. Thanks for having us be a part of your day!!
  • Amelia
    Amelia J. Married on 06/26/2020

Simply Fabulous!

Shelley performed at my daughter's wedding this past weekend and I there simply is not enough space provided here to express how truly wonderful she is! She worked with my daughter and son-in-law to shape a playlist early on. She not only played what they wanted but made perfect suggestions, which included Cami a wonderful violinist! As I told Shelley, music for me sets the tone, the mood and her music is just magical! Thank you so much for being a part of our memories!

Shelley Otis's reply:

You are most welcome Amelia! I really enjoyed working with your daughter and son-in-law, and it meant a lot to me to be a part of their wedding day. Cami and I had a lot of fun playing music at the reception and we're glad that you enjoyed it!
  • Angie
    Angie L. Married on 06/14/2020

Wonderful to work with Shelley

Shelley was wonderful to work with for our wedding. She has a great repertoire and was knowledgable and flexible in helping us choose the music we wanted for our ceremony.

Shelley Otis's reply:

Angie, thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed working with you and Wyatt. You are both lovely people and I’m glad I could contribute to your wedding!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommended!

Shelley was outstanding from our first inquiry to her performance at our wedding ceremony on 5/7/22. Our guests were raving about Shelley, and she added a very special touch to our day. Very professional, responds quickly, and very organized. 10/10 recommend

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thank you Ashely!! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, from the decor down to the vows. Thanks for having me be a part of it. Wishing you both much happiness in the years to come!
  • Hilary
    Hilary F. Married on 08/19/2019

Wedding at Glen Manor RI

Shelley was extremely helpful, understanding right from first contact especially as we are from the UK making us feel reassured and nothing was too much trouble! Shelley even learnt a new song for our wedding which shows how far she will go to make your wedding extra special..... we can not express how awesome Shelley is everyone at our wedding we’re blown away with Shelley’s talent! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts xxx
  • Stacey
    Stacey G. Married on 08/18/2019

Beautiful music

Shelley is an extremely talented musician! She was able to play requests on the harp! She is extremely professional with a wonderful personality. She was perfect!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 07/20/2019

Want a magical ceremony? Hire Shelley to play the music.

There is no one like Shelley. Not only is she an extremely talented musician, she is incredibly kind and warm. We were so lucky that Shelley wasn't booked on our wedding date as we decided to add live music to our ceremony fairly last minute. The harp is such a beautiful and slightly unusual instrument. I can honestly say, it truly made our ceremony one of a kind.

I approached Shelley with two ideas:

1. My husband really likes a song called "Is and Is and Is" by White Denim (definitely an untraditional choice) and I thought it would be a fun tune for him to walk down to. Despite never hearing the song before, Shelley embraced the challenge and created such a fun arrangement for us!

2. I got the idea of singing during my ceremony and Shelley was on board right away. She played a stunning, slowed down version of "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles to accompany me. She was even willing to transpose the song to a different key that worked better for my vocal range. I was nervous (nearly chickened out several times!) but I did it, all thanks to Shelley's calm, encouraging presence. It was an amazing experience.

My husband and I are beyond appreciative of Shelley's hard work and could not recommend her enough. Book her! People won't stop coming up to you to tell you how much they loved her music, even months after your wedding.
    Alice Married on 07/13/2019

The Perfect Soundtrack

Shelley was an amazing ceremony musician for us. From our first meeting, where she brought a travel harp and played any song from her list that we wanted to hear, to her samples online, she gave us great ways to envision what our wedding day would sound like. She also learned a new song for us! She was very easy to work with and professional leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We highly recommend Shelley!
  • Cherry
    Cherry Married on 07/05/2019

07.05.2019

Working with Shelley was such a pleasure and a breeze! She is incredibly talented and really wants to make your day extra special. After my initial meeting with Shelley, it was a no brainer to hire her. We had no idea what kind of music we wanted and she gave us so many selections, even offering to learn music if we didn’t like any of it. She was able to play our selection of music throughout our ceremony. Extra props to her as our wedding day was incredibly hot and you wouldn’t have even noticed looking at her. Thank you for being a part of our day Shelley - we couldn’t recommend you enough!!!

Shelley Otis's reply:

Thanks Cherry! It was my pleasure! Your ceremony was beautiful despite the heat and I'm glad I could be a part of it. Wishing you both all the best!
  • Becky
    Becky R. Married on 04/28/2019

Elegant addition to our ceremony!

My husband and I hired Shelley to play our ceremony in Providence RI. From our first email exchange she was very kind and professional. She is very talented and has an impressive list of songs she can play on her website. Everything she played for us sounded gorgeous. Her rendition of 'Going to California' was a guest favorite! Even if you are hiring a DJ for your reception (like we did) I highly recommend hiring Shelley for your ceremony or even cocktail hour. Her music will provide an elegant touch to your wedding and I think her fee is extremely reasonable!