Harpist Shelley Otis Reviews

67 | Bristol, RI

67 Reviews for Harpist Shelley Otis

67 Harpist Shelley Otis Reviews

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2018

Shelley was such a great find! She was absolutely amazing to work with throughout the entire process of wedding planning. She was quick to respond to any message, was professional, and flexible! Her music is beautiful!! Our guests loved listening to her play. I am so pleased we booked her and highly recommend her!

Cassandra · Married on 09/15/2018

My now husband and I hired Shelley to play for both our ceremony and reception. She completely exceeded our expectations! She is so talented, pleasant and such a joy! Our guests loved her as did we. She made our day complete! Thank you again Shelley for such an amazing day! Definitely will be recommending you to all we know. When looking to book beautiful music for your special day don’t think twice and hire Shelley, we promise you won’t be disappointed!! :)

Michael · Married on 08/24/2018

Shelley was very helpful. Met with us a few times over the phone, even playing some songs to help us decide. Our ceremony started late but it was really nice to have her playing for our guests while we all waited. Her playing was a perfect touch to the day!

Gloria · Married on 06/24/2018

Words cannot describe what a pleasure it was to work with Shelley. She played the harp during our ceremony and brought to life our wedding vision, making our outdoor ceremony absolutely enchanting. Her musicality, professionalism, genuine heart, and humble nature are what make Shelley a master of her craft and a true joy to be around. Shelley is a talented musician with a true passion for what she does, and has such a rich repertoire from pop music, jazz, and classical. The first time we met, Shelley talked us through all the details, and also listened to our needs and requests. She is prepared and thorough, patient and understanding , and knows that each wedding is unique. With all of the emotions of the day, I only wish I were able to sit in the audience and enjoy her playing as a guest :)

chrissy · Married on 05/05/2018

Shelley was amazing from start to finish. I booked her relatively early in my planning process due to her great reviews. It ended up being a wonderful choice. Shelley performed a mix of contemporary and classic songs during our ceremony prelude, processional, and recessional, and she executed each piece flawlessly. Her timing was perfect. She helped us choose the music and was professional, responsive, and friendly from start to finish. Highly recommend!

Nancy · Married on 10/08/2017

Shelley played the harp at my daughter's large, formal wedding in 2015. We were so happy with her, we asked her to play at my son's small, casual wedding this past weekend, 10/8/2017. As you can see, she can play at both small and large weddings effortlessly. We had many people compliment Shelley's work at both weddings. What a wonderful person she is. I would recommend her to anyone.

Andy · Married on 09/10/2017

Shelley was beyond amazing! First and foremost, listening to her play the harp is stunning. We loved having her for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. She was able to transform a fast song into a slow version of itself as a request from us, as well as learn an entirely new song that she had never played before. She sent us a recording of it prior to our big day to make sure we were 100% satisfied. We were 200% satisfied! We just wish we could have heard more of her playing at cocktail hour instead of taking photos! She is easy to correspond with and very reasonably priced given her amazing talent and professionalism.

Lindsey · Married on 08/05/2017

Shelley's harp music was a beautiful addition to our wedding ceremony!! Shelly was so professional, responsive and easy to work with. We met once prior to the wedding, via FaceTime, to discuss the details - she even had her harp ready so we could hear any songs before our big day. On the day of our wedding, Shelley played perfectly and the ceremony would not have been the same without her :)

Meg · Married on 05/18/2017

Shelley was an absolute dream to work with! I decided to add music to my intimate wedding ceremony at the Providence Biltmore at the LAST minute and she was wonderfully flexible and communicative and PATIENT with me as an overwhelmed bride! Every single guest commented on how beautiful and fitting the harp music was and I was so incredibly grateful that she was available for my wedding because she provided beautiful musical accompaniment to an already magical day! Thank you, Shelley!!

Thomas · Married on 04/29/2017

My partner and I had an intimate wedding at The Chanler in late April and were interested in a classical harpist. We were recommended Shelley; and we were very glad we were. Shelley was beyond awesome. From the start, Shelley was easy to work with, eager to make our vision come to light, and game to add new music to her repertoire. Shelley also shared her thoughts on what we could consider for our ceremony and reception. We listened and hired her colleagues to play percussion and the cello. Shelley is incredibly talented, professional and a pleasure to work with. She comes highly recommended.

Jacqueline · Married on 12/03/2016

We used Shelley for our wedding at the Biltmore in Providence and she was wonderful! I think having a harpist made the ceremony extra unique and elegant :). Shelley provided great professional service and beautiful music! She also provided mics for my officiant and Spanish interpreter which was super helpful.

Cara · Married on 11/12/2016

I would highly recommend Shelley for any event - she plays both modern and classic music and will customize her playing (and learn songs) for your event. We hired two other independent musicians for our event and Shelley did an amazing job coordinating with them to create a beautiful joint music set. Beyond her lovely music, Shelley is a pleasure to work with - I only wish I had gotten to hear more of her music as the bride :)

Jaclyn · Married on 09/23/2016

Shelley was absolutely amazing to work with! She learned a new song for me to walk down the aisle to and it just made the day. I've gotten so many compliments on having her play the ceremony and cocktail hour. Definitely a highlight of the day for me and my guests. Shelley was fantastic and flexible. She always got back to me ideas, and when I wasn't sure what I was red her to play- she picked a beautiful selection.

• O

Octavio · Married on 09/04/2016

Exceptional artist, a pleasure to work with!

Julie · Married on 08/21/2016

Shelley Otis was great at our wedding this past summer! She played the harp during our ceremony and cocktail reception and her music was beautiful. She helped us choose songs that reflected our style and taste. She was very accommodating and easy to work with!

Amy · Married on 06/11/2016

Working with Shelley was amazing. She is so talented and was so accommodating. She played the music for our wedding ceremony and it was so beautiful. I could not have asked for a better musician for my ceremony!

• F

Felix · Married on 06/11/2016

Shelly is very friendly and great to work with. Music was amazing. We were very happy to have her as part of our special day.

We highly recommend!! Shelley did a lovely job doing our ceremony music!! She plays a large range of songs and was helpful making suggestions and playing songs over the phone for us to hear. Many of the guests commented on how beautiful the harp sounded. Her timing was perfect especially during the wine pouring ceremony! Thank you so much Shelley for making the day that much more memorable and romantic!!

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

Shelley was one of my favorite things about my wedding! Her music truly set the environment perfectly to what we were looking for. She is extremely talented, the instrument is beautiful, and she was so lovely to work with. She made things easy, and truly added that magical piece to our wedding ceremony & cocktail hour! I would recommend her to anyone!

Eva · Married on 05/20/2016

Shelley played the harp beautifully at my wedding. I could not have chosen anyone better! She made the process very easy. She has a full list of songs that she can play from old to new artists. All you have to do is select them. For my bridal exit song, I wanted a piece that she hasn't played in a while. She was very flexible and offered to practice playing it again for my wedding. If you are looking for a great harpist, I highly recommend Shelley!

Heather · Married on 04/30/2016

Shelley is very professional, warm, and friendly! She was willing to go above and beyond to add a personal touch to our special day, and everything went exactly as planned. She is incredibly talented, and her music made our ceremony so special and memorable. We are grateful to Shelley and would recommend her wholeheartedly!

• Jessica-lee

Jessica-lee · Married on 04/16/2016

Absolutely wonderful! Added such a beautiful touch to the ceremony and so glad we went with Shelley :)

It is just not possible to explain how amazing Shelly was as our harpist. She is able to play any song. Our guests mentioned how wonderful the music for our ceremony was to hear it helped them think warm thoughts during a very cold outdoor ceremony (my fault should have moved it inside hahah), and she played several special requests for us that had personal meaning. The music was beautiful and is was truly a pleasure to work with her.

Danielle · Married on 08/01/2015

Shelley was amazing, she really listened to what we wanted and set the scene for a magical mood. She was so great before hand playing us songs on skype to see what we would like. Our guests were so impressed by her playing.