63 Reviews for Harpist Shelley Otis

Cocktail Hour (3)
Instrumentals (3)
Microphones (1)
63 Harpist Shelley Otis Reviews

Shelley was amazing from start to finish. I booked her relatively early in my planning process due to her great reviews. It ended up being a wonderful choice. Shelley performed a mix of contemporary and classic songs during our ceremony prelude, processional, and recessional, and she executed each piece flawlessly. Her timing was perfect. She helped us choose the music and was professional, responsive, and friendly from start to finish. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture chrissy, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Harp, Ceremony

Shelley played the harp at my daughter's large, formal wedding in 2015. We were so happy with her, we asked her to play at my son's small, casual wedding this past weekend, 10/8/2017. As you can see, she can play at both small and large weddings effortlessly. We had many people compliment Shelley's work at both weddings. What a wonderful person she is. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley was beyond amazing! First and foremost, listening to her play the harp is stunning. We loved having her for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. She was able to transform a fast song into a slow version of itself as a request from us, as well as learn an entirely new song that she had never played before. She sent us a recording of it prior to our big day to make sure we were 100% satisfied. We were 200% satisfied! We just wish we could have heard more of her playing at cocktail hour instead of taking photos! She is easy to correspond with and very reasonably priced given her amazing talent and professionalism.

Profile Picture Andy, 9/10/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley's harp music was a beautiful addition to our wedding ceremony!! Shelly was so professional, responsive and easy to work with. We met once prior to the wedding, via FaceTime, to discuss the details - she even had her harp ready so we could hear any songs before our big day. On the day of our wedding, Shelley played perfectly and the ceremony would not have been the same without her :)

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Microphones, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Instrumental-Solo, Harp

Shelley was an absolute dream to work with! I decided to add music to my intimate wedding ceremony at the Providence Biltmore at the LAST minute and she was wonderfully flexible and communicative and PATIENT with me as an overwhelmed bride! Every single guest commented on how beautiful and fitting the harp music was and I was so incredibly grateful that she was available for my wedding because she provided beautiful musical accompaniment to an already magical day! Thank you, Shelley!!

Profile Picture Meg, 5/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My partner and I had an intimate wedding at The Chanler in late April and were interested in a classical harpist. We were recommended Shelley; and we were very glad we were. Shelley was beyond awesome. From the start, Shelley was easy to work with, eager to make our vision come to light, and game to add new music to her repertoire. Shelley also shared her thoughts on what we could consider for our ceremony and reception. We listened and hired her colleagues to play percussion and the cello. Shelley is incredibly talented, professional and a pleasure to work with. She comes highly recommended.

Profile Picture Thomas, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Entertainer

We used Shelley for our wedding at the Biltmore in Providence and she was wonderful! I think having a harpist made the ceremony extra unique and elegant :). Shelley provided great professional service and beautiful music! She also provided mics for my officiant and Spanish interpreter which was super helpful.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Harp, Instrumental-Solo

I would highly recommend Shelley for any event - she plays both modern and classic music and will customize her playing (and learn songs) for your event. We hired two other independent musicians for our event and Shelley did an amazing job coordinating with them to create a beautiful joint music set. Beyond her lovely music, Shelley is a pleasure to work with - I only wish I had gotten to hear more of her music as the bride :)

Profile Picture User7441684, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony, Learn New Songs

Shelley was absolutely amazing to work with! She learned a new song for me to walk down the aisle to and it just made the day. I've gotten so many compliments on having her play the ceremony and cocktail hour. Definitely a highlight of the day for me and my guests. Shelley was fantastic and flexible. She always got back to me ideas, and when I wasn't sure what I was red her to play- she picked a beautiful selection.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Exceptional artist, a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Octavio, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shelley Otis was great at our wedding this past summer! She played the harp during our ceremony and cocktail reception and her music was beautiful. She helped us choose songs that reflected our style and taste. She was very accommodating and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Harp, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Working with Shelley was amazing. She is so talented and was so accommodating. She played the music for our wedding ceremony and it was so beautiful. I could not have asked for a better musician for my ceremony!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony

Shelly is very friendly and great to work with. Music was amazing. We were very happy to have her as part of our special day.

Profile Picture Felix, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Harp

We highly recommend!! Shelley did a lovely job doing our ceremony music!! She plays a large range of songs and was helpful making suggestions and playing songs over the phone for us to hear. Many of the guests commented on how beautiful the harp sounded. Her timing was perfect especially during the wine pouring ceremony! Thank you so much Shelley for making the day that much more memorable and romantic!!

Profile Picture User4611364, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley was one of my favorite things about my wedding! Her music truly set the environment perfectly to what we were looking for. She is extremely talented, the instrument is beautiful, and she was so lovely to work with. She made things easy, and truly added that magical piece to our wedding ceremony & cocktail hour! I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley played the harp beautifully at my wedding. I could not have chosen anyone better! She made the process very easy. She has a full list of songs that she can play from old to new artists. All you have to do is select them. For my bridal exit song, I wanted a piece that she hasn't played in a while. She was very flexible and offered to practice playing it again for my wedding. If you are looking for a great harpist, I highly recommend Shelley!

Profile Picture Eva, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley is very professional, warm, and friendly! She was willing to go above and beyond to add a personal touch to our special day, and everything went exactly as planned. She is incredibly talented, and her music made our ceremony so special and memorable. We are grateful to Shelley and would recommend her wholeheartedly!

Profile Picture Heather, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Learn New Songs, Harp

Absolutely wonderful! Added such a beautiful touch to the ceremony and so glad we went with Shelley :)

Profile Picture Jessica-lee, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony

It is just not possible to explain how amazing Shelly was as our harpist. She is able to play any song. Our guests mentioned how wonderful the music for our ceremony was to hear it helped them think warm thoughts during a very cold outdoor ceremony (my fault should have moved it inside hahah), and she played several special requests for us that had personal meaning. The music was beautiful and is was truly a pleasure to work with her.

Profile Picture User4664596, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Sound/PA System

Shelley was amazing, she really listened to what we wanted and set the scene for a magical mood. She was so great before hand playing us songs on skype to see what we would like. Our guests were so impressed by her playing.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Instrumentals, Harp

Shelley was an excellent choice for our wedding! She provided our ceremony and cocktail hour music. We loved her wide array of music choices - especially the popular/modern songs. She even learned a song we specifically requested. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User6131264, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Harp, Instrumental-Solo

I had the pleasure of working with Shelley for my ceremony and cocktail music. Through Shelley, I also hired a violinist and bagpiper for my wedding day music. I couldn't have been more thrilled with my experience with Shelley! She is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and so very talented! I greatly appreciated her help, patience and flexibility in helping me decide my wedding day music. My wedding day music was truly magical and I am just so grateful I found her! I would recommend Shelley to any bride/groom looking for a talented harpist - she truly surpassed all my expectations!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/20/15, 17 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley is amazing. She can literally play anything on the harp. We hired her to play for our wedding last Saturday at Leicester Country Club. my guests are still commenting on how beautiful the wedding was and how the harp added that extra special touch. She was also responsive, and very affordable. It was well worth the money to have her there. She was professional, and so talented. I would recommend her to any of my friends getting married:)

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Shelley was WONDERFUL to work with! She is not only very talented but also super sweet. She learned two new songs at our request to play during our ceremony and did a phenomenal job. She was very professional to work with and very prompt with communication. We are forever grateful to her for helping to make our wedding so special.

Profile Picture Deszarae, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Harp