Harpist - Mary Keener Reviews

Harpist - Mary Keener 5
Harpist - Mary Keener 6
Harpist - Mary Keener 7

J · Married on 05/30/2010

Mary was wonderful! She provided the most beautiful music for our ceremony! So many of our guests raved about her! Mary also went above and beyond to find music to accompany and rehearse with two friends that sang during our ceremony. She was a delight and I think the harp music made our ceremony so special! Thanks Mary!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Emily · Married on 05/01/2010

Fantastic!!!

Mary was everything you could want in a musician. She's exceptionally talented, has an enormous repertoire, is patient and inviting. She looked beautiful and the harp added something to the wedding both musically and aesthetically. She took the extra steps needed to make sure I was comfortable, and by the time the wedding day came I didn't need to worry. She was taking care of it. ... I HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 09/02/2010

Gabriel · Married on 10/17/2009

Wow! Mary was fantastic from beginning to end. First of all, in terms of professionalism, of all the vendors we worked with, from flowers to photography, she was the most professional, responsive, and generally easy to work with. As for the music itself - we were not originally planning on a harp for our wedding, but once we heard her play, we were sold. She spent all the time with us we needed to get exactly the music we wanted (including several pieces not in her repertoire!) When the big day arrived, she arrived promptly, was warm and friendly, knew exactly what to do, and played absolutely beautifully. I'm a trained classical musician, so believe me when I say that Mary's talent shines brightly. She lent our wedding more than a touch of class. She played with a warmth and a confidence that really helped make the day exceptional.

Sent on 10/19/2009

Tiffani · Married on 04/17/2009

After getting a recommendation from our priest to use Mary in our ceremony we booked her immediately. He had said that he did not even like the sound of a harp, but that Mary was unlike any harpist that he had ever heard. I would agree. Mary played during our ceremony and our cocktail hour and did an amazing job. I am still getting rave reviews for the exceptional music that Mary performed. Mary truly has a wonderful talent that is hard to come by. She added a huge piece to our day and will always be in our memories. I would recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 05/07/2009

Nathan · Married on 08/25/2007

Mary was awesome. The harp really added elegance to our wedding. As a musician, I recognize skill and Mary has a tremendous ability to play her instrument. She was very easy to communicate with and a pleasure to work with. Many guests of our wedding commented on the music and said how much they liked it. Not only the sound was great, but having her with the harp made for some excellent photos as well.

Sent on 01/07/2009

Leah · Married on 06/09/2007

Mary was an absolute pro! She not only helped us select wonderful music when we were clueless, she provided excellent consultation and day of services based on her numerous professional experiences. She was reliable, and delivered services above our expectation. Many of our guests commented what a lovely and unexpected element the harp brought to our ceremony, and we agreed!

Sent on 01/07/2009

Tia · Married on 06/08/2012

Mary was a dream to work with - she was not only accomodating, she was willing to do whatever it took to help make our big day special. She actually learned two Coldplay songs to play when our wedding party walked down the aisle and during the ceremony. She sent the songs to us beforehand through email so we could listen to them since we live in Chicago and she lives in Denver. I would definitely recommend Mary to all of my friends and anyone in the Denver area! She helped make our wedding unique, personal and beautiful.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2011

I knew I wanted harp music for my ceremony and listened to a couple different musicians before making my decision. Mary does not just play the harp, she puts her soul into it. She understood the kind of music I wanted and kept giving me great suggestions that I ended up using for the ceremony. I had a particular song I wanted for my processional, a traditional Jewish song called "Adir Hu", which was not in her repertoire. Mary was more than happy to find the song online and create a beautiful adaptation for the harp. Although her services are on the more expensive side, her amazing musicianship is absolutely worth the extra cost.

Sent on 08/27/2011

Theresa · Married on 06/26/2010

Mary was great!!! She did a beautiful job and was so easy to work with and very skilled on the harp...well worth the extra money for the ceremony :)

Sent on 07/13/2010

Bradley · Married on 09/15/2007

As music professionals ourselves, my wife and I were very selective in our music choices for our wedding. Mary Keener is a professional harpist, and she lives up to that moniker in every way. She has a wide repertoire available for wedding ceremonies, and not only was she willing to discuss repertoire choices for the service, but she is able to deliver very high quality musicianship. She has an amazing technical proficiency on her instrument, and she is a sensitive and musical player. Mary was very easy to work with, and I give her my highest recommendation to anyone looking for a professional instrumentalist for their wedding.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Jeff · Married on 12/30/2016

Hire Mary! She was a delight to work with. Starting with her informative website all the way through this review. My guests loved her mix of classical and modern music. I would have her play again anytime.

Sent on 02/03/2017
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 09/04/2015

Mary is very nice to work with. I've asked a lot of question before I decided to hire her, she is very responsive. I also love the fact that when I asked if she can play music that is not on her list, she was fine with it and she played beautifully in our ceremony. I'm so glad that I decided to hire her because it made our wedding ceremony more special.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Laura · Married on 05/02/2009

Mary was absolutely wonderful! Se plays beautifully and we were so excited to have harp music for our ceremony. She also had great suggestions for us and was really easy to get a hold of and work with. We have had so many compliments on her playing and we recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/21/2009